[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - it's been years
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 it's been years 
Prophet of Mulism

Post it's been years
it's been a good long time since I peaked in around here... things are pretty thin. 411 forums must not suck as much as they use to?

Glad to see some of the smilies we had on the original forum are still here, heh.

I'm not entirely sure who's still around and such. I see LC and Verbs are...

How did things work going from ECF to ECF/411 to something called TCW?

Fill me in guys, what's been going on?

Marshall

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. - Thomas Jefferson

Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:37 am
Profile YIM
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Re: it's been years
Hey, Mars.

411 actually sucks even more than ever, if you can imagine. We don't have as much of a feeder fed as we used to.

How'd things work as in what did we do, or how well did it work?

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:18 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Too much time on my hands

Heya Marshall, long time no see. Formerly Lance Evans here. How's the poker thing?

Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:45 pm
Prophet of Mulism

@LC both really? Just curious as to the history behind it... the why/what ect. From what I've gathered, it was a lack of activity from both feds that forced them together and then after some time Acid came up with the idea of the EWR or whatever it's called so the temporary combination of ECF/411 became permanent here? What's the state of 411 forums that a solid fed isn't sustainable there? What about all the satellite sites that use to be out there? I could have sworn there was another site out there besides Mikey's that was a cheap posting/fed outlet for some guys.

It's a shame there isn't any way to feed the fed. Any talk of a facebook page or something to draw ppl in that way?

@Evans Awhile before the 08 election cycle Bill Frist was trying to gauged his viability as a candidate and to appease some conservative voters he made things much more difficult for poker players by making it illegal for US banks to accept transfers from poker sites. It's still possible to play via those prepaid cards and other various methods of payment but it made things a lot harder for the average joe to deposit money... so the bad players have disappeared and so did the profitability. The good players have stayed, that bad players are gone... the margins are too thin. I don't really bother. It sucks.

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. - Thomas Jefferson

Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:54 pm
Profile YIM

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:14 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Prophet of Mulism

trying to reconnect with some of the old schoolers..

Avalanche is real hard to find... I only got two hits on his full name on google... one was a partial picture of him on someone elses myspace so I left her a messaging asking if she knew him ect... after I sent it I got the usual crap page of "people you may know"... and one of those ppl was Mansh.

Really freakin' creepy.

Marshall

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:09 pm
Profile YIM
Under Carder

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:04 pm
World Champ

Yeah, back before they let people become mods via populatrity.

Ok, that's not quite true, it's always been that way. There wasn't always a no holds barred forum though.

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Under Carder

There's no need to insult my moderating.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:09 pm
Linda McMahon

She just didn't know you were a mod. Though, technically, I am too which tells you everything you need to know about 411.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Under Carder

Haha I figured she didn't.

I don't think I've ever seen Freya post outside the fed forums, except a few times back when we had a book forum.

And you're barely a mod. You can't even ban people.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:24 pm
Linda McMahon

Well the term "technically" does cover a multitude of sins.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:15 pm
Profile E-mail
World Champ

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Does Ego still post? I picture him impotently screaming into the æther until his little Republican throat is hoarse from the weight of its own outrage.

Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Under Carder

I'm a mod because I won an election Freya, that was the joke. (Admittedly a bad idea)

And we got rid of the book forum because of a lack of traffic (technically we merged it with the comics forum but 90% of the posts in there are about comics)

And yeah Ego still posts but he's become a complete joke to everyone since he faked joining the military and fighting in Iraq. (There was a surge in his popularity and people began to like and respect him then one day he was like lol jk)

He revels in it as if it were a victory.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:04 am
Prophet of Mulism

hmm I don't really know ego except I know he was a mod...

but I know the type that wants to manipulate people online in such a way... for some reason wrestling forums and efeds kinda attract them.

Nem loved to push buttons... same for Commish... Mjoy too... he had so many dual accounts in an attempt to work people. Ego sounds like he at least had the right name to match the personality.

The fake out on joining the service and fighting in iraq is so much worse b/c it mocks the people that have selflessly joined and fought.

Mars

Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:30 am
Profile YIM

Wow Mars, good to see ya posting back again. Hope you don't disappear again.

I haven't posted over in 411 in who knows how long for a few reasons, one being that the site was slow as shit for me and I couldn't deal. That's just one of the reasons. I like the quiet retired life over here really.

Since you mentioned catching up with the old crowd, I've kept up with a few guys, but I don't know if they were after your time. I hear from Big Red Cube sometimes and NSane. I had beers with Misfit a couple years ago, and I obviously still talk to Evans.

Snuff still checks into this site sometimes, but his posts are about as painful as a film he's named after.
Diesel, I think just lurks, the bitch.

cheers,
Verbs

Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:41 am
Profile E-mail

Mars, you missed the saga of a poster with multiple accounts claiming one of his personalities died....that.....was....interesting (sorry to bring this one up)

Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:44 am
Profile E-mail
Prophet of Mulism

Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:18 am
Profile YIM

Nah.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:14 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next