[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - FWRFed
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 FWRFed 
Linda McMahon

Post FWRFed
So I didn't actually realise because I didn't read the message, but it turns out the 411 forums have actually been canned. Coincidentally, TCW has started to grind to a halt due to lack of members.

There must be some way these two things can benefit everyone.

Hmmmm... :zuh:

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Tue May 25, 2010 9:46 pm
Profile E-mail
IC Champ

Post Re: FWRFed
Invasion angle!

Tue May 25, 2010 9:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

Sounds like a good idea to me!

Jeeze, why'd they kill off the forums though?

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Tue May 25, 2010 11:17 pm
Profile YIM
Under Carder

Official Answer: They were a headache because of their constant disruptions and spamming.

The real answer is overly complicated and boiled down to Ashish not liking them.

Also, if we're interested I have an offer for a site to host the new FWR from Coren.

He and Biggie are putting together a new website.

Wed May 26, 2010 12:26 am

I would just suggest merging here of course, but that's my opinion. It would make for an altogether stronger fed.

Wed May 26, 2010 12:51 am
Profile YIM
Under Carder

I'm all for a merger of TCW and FWRFed in that sense.

I just think there are problems with the idea.

I'm not sure if an E-Fed site which is just an E-Fed site is self sustainable.

And as I've told Thommy before my opinions on the very deep background of TCW (great for the writers, makes it very very intimidating to a newbie) But you can hardly ask the people who have put years into these characters to stop doing that for the possibility it scares of newbs.

But on the other hand, an e-fed site that's merely an e-fed site has it's perks too. You won't have to deal with a certain ilk of poster, you're not at the whim of an admin for whom the forums are a secondary part of the website at best, and the e-fed a secondary part of the forum at best on top of that. (Granted I think Biggie would support us, based on Biggie being Biggie)

But the big plus on all this, Thommy remember when I was whining about how awful of a name Fouroneone Wrestling Revolution Federation was a couple months ago in the creative forum, and you said if we ever moved or merged we would change it. The time is now.

Wed May 26, 2010 5:36 am
World Champ

Aw, my 411 bookmark's gone. Feel a bit lost now.

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Wed May 26, 2010 5:53 am
Profile E-mail
Under Carder

Haha I hit mine probably a dozen times over the last week forgetting nothing would pop up.

Wed May 26, 2010 5:56 am
World Champ

Ah, ever the optimist I hoped it would come back.

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Wed May 26, 2010 6:22 am
Profile E-mail
No more forum moves!

From what I gathered with my handy dandy modland rights was that the forums were so integrated into the site that the cost of upgrading them would have meant a total redesign or some BS. I think it all bos down to Ashish didnt feel they were worth saving since it wouldnt be hard to setup something else and just put a stupid link somewhere. Oh well.

Also, I think my signature is a bit outdated :P

Almighty Creater (and rescuer) of this forum
RIP Majestic...

Wed May 26, 2010 1:53 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ YIM WWW

It would have been nice if they'd saved the fed archives, but it's not like they cared much about them anyway, especially considering half of 411's archives got purged at some point for some stupid reason.

Wed May 26, 2010 3:19 pm
Profile YIM

I lol'd at your news post, Thommy.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:08 pm
Profile YIM
Linda McMahon

I like to think there's a little something in it for everyone.

Assuming Lance doesn't mind (and why would he? I'm his favourite Englishman) I'm going to start an open feuding thread for the FWRFed guys to just riff in and give their reactions to what's going on, see if we can get some stories going and think about what the next step might be if it works.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

FWR is free and openly welcomed to use and abuse this site as much or as little as is desired.

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Gee, I dunno, we could always make it into, a wrestling themed site?

Actually I'm serious. We could have like our columns or something like that. Granted I don't know how feasible this actually -is- but just throwing it out there. From what I understand the original 411fed started from a bunch of wrestling fans getting together and making the fed for fun and it eventually developed into a more serious writing game.

Wed May 26, 2010 8:47 pm
Profile YIM

The only thing is... I don't know that we want today's wrestling fans to come here. :P

Wed May 26, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

This is the plan:

The feuding thread I just opened is for the FWRFed guys to just do some freestyle feuding in, see what kind of activity we can generate. At the same time, TCW feuding will wrap up soonish and we'll put out a show for that that will reference the events in FWRFed. Then, we'll start TCW feuding, which of course any of our new friends fleeing from the destruction of 411 will be welcome to join in with.

The fact is that I'm going to be moving house over the next few weeks, and I can't dedicate a lot of my time to writing shows and doing loads of feuding, so I want to keep this all pretty informal and just see what kind of activity we can sustain. So if you want FWRFed to continue, you gotta feud! I think we can run both feds in tandem and do some crossover stuff if we want, but obviously it has to be worthwhile doing that. This isn't an ultimatum or anything, just a statement of intent. This is all a big experiment right now, and if it doesn't work then that's not the end of the world - there's always going to be a place to write as long as I have anything to do with it, but whether we can do "FWRFed" again will depend on you guys.

So feud!

Wed May 26, 2010 9:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Under Carder

So I can't change the Fed's name? :(

Thu May 27, 2010 12:27 am
Under Carder

If any of you need your bios: