[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - FWRFed
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 FWRFed 
IC Champ

Post Re: FWRFed
Thank you Daniels, Post coming later.

Thu May 27, 2010 4:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Under Carder

I'll probably post after Tuesday. I'm going away for the holiday and I'll be back Tuesday.

Thu May 27, 2010 9:58 pm
Mid Carder

Location: Em Eye Crooked letter crooked letter oh you are eye no one can do it better
As an administrator up until a week before this went down, it may be assumed that I knew what was going on.

Frankly, I had no clue. Had I known, I would have let Thommy know that second so that he could try and get shit out. They told none of us anything.

My future as an efedder is in limbo. I'm swamped with work and an upcoming business trip, in addition to working on a new site.

Just wanted to let you all know that neither Coren nor I had any clue about this happening.

Peace

Thu May 27, 2010 11:49 pm
I am bad. I am to blame.

Wouldn't a merger of the feds make the most sense?

WWWMDD?

Fri May 28, 2010 4:08 am
Linda McMahon

Penguin:

I think my vitriol laden news post is pretty justified then. I'm abivelent about the 411 forums disappearing, simply because they've been a bit of a cesspool for a long time now. I'm talking as far back as when I was posting regularly outside the fed, even. But some warning would have been nice, yes. Thankfully, I have almost everything that I posted for FWRFed in the last year saved on my hard drive, so I can at least repost the more recent shows. And obviously this whole thing is a chance for everyone to reassess where they're at in terms of being able to feud - that's why I'm being so tentative about starting things up again. If the demand isn't there, I'm not going to leap into writing shows again. There's always going to be something here that will continue the story of FWRFed's characters, but whether it will be a full time e-fed will depend on whether that's something people actually want. So don't feel bad about not being able to feud, in other words.

Misfit:

Logistically, that would make the most sense. Creatively, I think it would be a bad idea for both feds. TCW has gone so far down the weird supernatual route now, and the continuity of its characters is so complex and incestuous that I don't think just dropping the FWRFed guys into that would help anyone. Experience has shown that it's not easy for outsiders to just seamlessly blend in at this stage, despite our best efforts. I'm a big defender of TCW's direction over the past few years, of course (because it's been primarily my direction...) but the fact that there haven't been any "normals" to dillute things for a long time now has just meant that it's got weirder and weirder, to the point where it's probably safe to safe it's virtually impenetrable.

Not that the occasional crossover - or even joint-brand PPVs or something - isn't feasible. I just don't think characters like Woodrow Daniels or Mohawk, who have worked so well in FWRFed, would prosper in an environment that is essentially superheroes and demigods who happen to wrestle now and then in order to provide structure to their crazy adventures. It doesn't fit them, and it wouldn't be fair. It's fine as an occasional thing - like when Indigo came over - but not long-term.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Fri May 28, 2010 8:10 am
Profile E-mail
Under Carder

I agree with Thommy.

I'll probably post something after the weekend.

I'm going away this evening until Monday though so it won't be until then.

Fri May 28, 2010 9:21 am
Too much time on my hands

So does Diesel or anyone still have access to backup copies of the forum DB to recover? Did Ashish keep a copy? Does anyone have Ashish's ear to ask him to allow a quick restore somewhere "hidden" just to get the writings saved?

Fri May 28, 2010 3:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I think Coren and BMW would be the people to ask. I think one of them may have mentioned the idea on one of those other forums, so it may be possible.

If not, I guess there's the Google cache or the way back machine and a lot of copy/paste...

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Fri May 28, 2010 5:03 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I saved my full feuds years ago. Still feel bad for others who didn't though.

Fri May 28, 2010 6:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

I've saved everything I've ever written for every fed I've ever been in (albeit on several different computers at this point...) so it's almost all there in some form or another. The reason I saved it was for pretty much this exact situation. Who's laughing now? (No one).

Fri May 28, 2010 6:34 pm
Profile E-mail
World Champ

Just realised the best part of this. No more Ego. No more Nem.

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Fri May 28, 2010 7:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Under Carder

Ego and Nem were retired anyway.

And there is no need to disparage an American hero like Nemesis anyway. He is a champion of freedom and capitalism.

As for me, I've never saved a single one of my feuds.

I wrote them all in the quick reply box.

Probably should have saved them.

Fri May 28, 2010 7:40 pm
Linda McMahon

Nah, Nem's a cunt.

Fri May 28, 2010 8:22 pm
Profile E-mail
I am bad. I am to blame.

WWWMDD?

Sat May 29, 2010 5:55 am
I am bad. I am to blame.

And I'd love to see another Clash of Champions down the road, PS.

WWWMDD?

Sat May 29, 2010 5:58 am
Linda McMahon

We'll have a sign up thread if and when it starts up for real but right now you can just jump in if you want. We're all friends here.

Sat May 29, 2010 8:14 am
Profile E-mail

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Sat May 29, 2010 4:42 pm
Profile YIM

It took like six tries to log in. Not cuz I didn't know my password, but cuz I forgot my username. Whoops!

Hi

Yeah, blindsided. I ranted about this at large mitchell's, http://bigmikewatters.com/forum/index.p ... ml#msg6008
(although you may have to have already signed up to see that, someone copypasta if so please). I mean writing was on the wall, but the exact timing surprised us.

I suggested getting the backups or the db or whatever from Ashish. Mike doesn't want to ask cuz he wants to distance us from 411 in many ways, and i get that. Apparently the db also has all his precious "news" articles, so he may not want to part with that. I've never spoken to him, so i'm not sure my luck would be great pulling this off. If I did manage, you'd need someone more clever at sql to make it run again even as an archival. I'm assuming that'd be Dies.

Anywho

Confundo Ergo Sum

Sun May 30, 2010 1:45 am
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I could probably do it too.

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sun May 30, 2010 3:59 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World Champ

Just thought I'd cruise by this morning, and this is what I find. Wow.

I don't think I have any of my stuff saved from my 411Fed days. Ah well. I'd probably be embarrassed by a lot of it anyway. I know that's the case with a lot of my old ECF stuff.

- Updated 04/23/07

Sun May 30, 2010 1:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next