[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - VOTE now: EWI 2008!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 VOTE now: EWI 2008! 
Too much time on my hands

Post VOTE now: EWI 2008!
EWI for 2008-Present for TCW and FWRFed

Welcome to the EWI 2008 awards! It's been a while since we've had this, but Lance gave me permission to go ahead and run this. Here's a crash course: EWI is an awards show for both e-feds, TCW and FWRFed. Simply put, you cast your votes on your favorite wrestlers/happenings/whatever in the categories below, I count 'em up, and then post the results in a nice and neat presentation.

The Rules: Send in ONE (1) voting form only. PM your forms to me, Kamaria, and I'll count them. Multiple entries are not accepted. And although you can technically vote for yourself, we STRONGLY discourage doing so. You will have exactly three weeks to send in your votes. Any questions and such, or if I've made a mistake somewhere, just PM me and I'll answer! Official Deadline is now April 8th, 2009.

Below are the categories for EWI 2008:

Category 1: The EWI Wrestler of the Year Award
This category is for who you think is the absolute best wrestler/character (not feuder) for the year of 2008 through now. Pick your top ten in order of preference. If you have no preference, your choices will be weighted equally. The eligible list is for both TCW and FWRFed:

Aaron Keening
Drakus
Jude
The Prophet
David Hardy
Drako
Mark of Silence/Pat WoW
Big Bamlicious
Darkness
Freya
Inferno
William Shamrock
Jason Dante
Duo
Ivan
Steelfist
Highone
Atomic Welfare
Kermit
DeSean BlackWell
The Hunter
Matt Strikmore
Jay Ecks
Sel
Ghetto Grass
Specter
Stryker X
The Masked Man/Twisted Brown
Indigo
Izumi
Ryan Lee
Stephen Hawthorne
Red Barker
Stoner
Yasmin
Gewalt Nepad
Devin Starr
Randall "Tiburon" Walker
Ron Long
Mike Wills
Roca
Malaki
Gabriel Bathory
Mohawk
Sam Colt
Crazy Hobo
BadBoy
The Avenger
Stown
Eriez
K.I.D.
Scott “ADHD” Owens
Preston Michales
Mark Wright
Tommy "The Kamikaze Kid" Laughlin
Rayne Hart
Mutaaz “The Hammer” Tareef
Shane Sharp
Alex Lee
Odin King
2GooD/Chris Chavelle
J.T. Daniels
Rey De Barajas
Kate Riley
Bleeder
Plausible D
Dynamite Bundy
Kinsen
Oreo
Ivan
Senshi Kuro

Category 2: Most Popular Feuder
This is an OOC award. Pick three members of the community (they don't necessarily have to be active feuders) who have contributed to the OOC environment in a positive manner, and whose non-feuding posts you enjoy reading.

Category 3: Most Improved
We all have to start somewhere, and it takes a while to get into this game. Some pick it up faster than others though, and this is the award that recognizes these individuals. Pick three feuders who you think have noticeably improved since the start of the year.

Category 4: Most Over Babyface
Wrestling is made from good guys and bad guys. For this award, pick your three top babyface characters from either fed. We know who is what alignment, so don't put any heels or tweeners here, or the vote won't count. This award is to recognize the characters who have stuck to their guns and done the right thing in their feuds and matches.

Category 5: Most Over Heel
The opposite of the above award. Pick three of the nastiest, most evil heel characters from either fed. Once again, any votes for faces or tweeners won't be counted.

Category 6: Most Over Tweener
Tweeners need love too! Pick three of your favorite 'shades of gray' wrestlers who are the best at being the best of both worlds.

Category 7: Funniest Feuder
Comedy feuding is an e-fedding tradition as old as calling Coren a girl. For this award, pick your three top feuders who make you laugh. They don't have to be comedy characters, just guys who bring the funnies in their feuding.

Category 8: Best Side Character/NPC
This award is to recognize the little guys. Pick your three favourite characters that are not main feuding characters. They can be NPCs, members of staff for either fed, or all those flunkies and sidekicks that show up in everyone's feuds.

Category 9: Rookie of the Year
This award is for the newbies. Pick your three favourite feuders (NOT characters) who joined either fed after January 1st 2008.

Category 10: Match of the Year
This award is for the unsung heroes who actually have to write the damn shows. Pick your three favourite match write-ups from any show in either fed (please specify the participants and the show on which it occurred).

Category 11: Feud of the Year
Perhaps the most prestigious award apart from Wrestler of the Year, this award is for the guys who got together and did something special in a feud. Pick your three best feuds (please specify the participants and the show on which it occurred) from either fed.

Category 12: Best Video
Pick your favorite entrance video, promo video, or whatever video made after January 1st! Pick your top three from the following:

-Kermit return promo

-The Hunter Tron

-Inferno Tron

-Shamrock Mystery Vignette 1

-Shamrock Mystery Vignette 2

-Shamrock Mystery Vignette 3

-Road to Glory Promo

-Mohawk Tron

-Endgame Teaser

-Endgame Full Promo

-Izumi 1st Tron

-Freya Tron

-Indigo Tron

-NHFC Tron

-DeSean Tron

-Red Barker 1st Tron

-William 'The Future' Shamrock Tron

-Red Barker 2nd Tron

-Izumi 2nd Tron

Category 13: Angle of the Year
Both feds are full of great storylines, but not all of them last long enough to count as an 'angle' - an angle is a storyline that spans a number of feuds; one which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the people the writer is feuding with at the time (though it should incorporate them). What won't be counted as an angle is anything like "so and so wants the world title" - a character wanting to advance his career is considered a default motivation, and doesn't require any special skill to maintain over a period of time. Obviously not every story is an 'angle' by this definition, so below are included a list of storylines from both feds that lasted a number of sessions. This list is not exhaustive. It's very likely we left a few angles out, so feel free to add your own, but note that if we decide it doesn't fit the definition above, then the vote won't count.

-MacDonald elected President; Goes on an anti-TCW crusade
-Izumi searches for the Antichrist
-The second Masked Man
-The Hunter revealed
-NHFC Reunion/feud with Technical Perfection
-Plausible Deniability's return
-Commissioner Powers controls FWRFed
-FWRFed vs. TCW (including the Indigo saga)
-Who killed Crazy Hobo???
-Lord Abortion
-The Darklings
-Dante steals the Promethean Ring
-Jack Jackson returns to managing
-Malaki turns Mohawk into a monster
-Stern tries to drum the NHFC out of TCW

(The form will be on the next post!)

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:02 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: VOTE now: EWI 2008!
The ballot:

EWI for 2008-Present: Official Ballot

Category 1: The EWI Wrestler of the Year Award

Category 2: Most Popular Feuder

Category 3: Most Improved

Category 4: Most Over Babyface

Category 5: Most Over Heel

Category 6: Most Over Tweener

Category 7: Funniest Feuder

Category 8: Best Side Character/NPC

Category 9: Rookie of the Year

Category 10: Match of the Year

Category 11: Feud of the Year

Category 12: Best Video

Category 13: Angle of the Year

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:03 am
Profile YIM
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I'm voting; how about YOU?

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:30 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Pat and the Mark of Silence are the same character, btw.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:23 am
Profile E-mail

Fixed.

Am I allowed to vote in this, since I'm running it? <.<

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:54 pm
Profile YIM
Linda McMahon

Yes.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:07 pm
Profile E-mail

IMPORTANT: The Angle list has been updated.

Anybody who has voted already can change their vote for that category if they desire.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:29 pm
Profile YIM

Updated main post again with the actual date of the deadline.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:43 pm
Profile YIM

Is nobody else planning to vote? Time is running out.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:52 pm
Profile YIM

I'll probably vote this weekend.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:55 pm

Please note that I can see who has not voted and can fuck with your accounts accordingly! :P

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:24 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
World Champ

wow, I love the free will. I haven't had much time, but might tonight.

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Free will is an illusion created by man to confuse you into believing in his gods!

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:47 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Except Thor, right? Thor's real.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Duh.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:31 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Hey, how come you changed my title! I -DID- vote! x.x

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:15 pm
Profile YIM

Strikmore.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:46 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Abuse of power! Abuse of power!

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:51 pm
Profile YIM

I'll vote later tonight.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:19 pm
Profile E-mail

Deadline is being extended a week so people can still get their votes in.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:57 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next