[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - A new membership drive
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 A new membership drive 
World Champ

SWF sounds familiar, I know its just a couple of letters, but haven't we had people from there before? I think thats where Myra was from.

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:02 am
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Bruce feuded there, and brought his character (Bruce Blank) over here for a bit. Yes, I can now reveal that Bruce Blank was in fact Bruce!

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:10 am
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

That's actually not as simple as that, Thommy.

The SWF where Bruce Blank came from isn't the same SWF that Myra Tripp came from. When I tried running Myra Tripp, I looked into the SWF she had come from and it was a Roleplay fed that was in ways similar to the then ECF. For some reason that SWF had folded and Myra Tripp and a few others were looking for a new fed to call home.

As I recall it they talked to Coren and he tried to sway them to join the ECF.

The SWF Bruce took part in was a match writing fed and not at all related to the SWF with Myra Trip in it.

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:31 am
Profile E-mail ICQ
Linda McMahon

Well I wasn't sure which SWF we were talking about. Bruce Blank's is the more famous SWF as far as I'm concerned.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:38 am
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

Any other vets we can get to come back, maybe?

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:12 pm
Profile YIM
The Prodigal One

I've been around since like the dawn of time. I first joined 411fed like 4 months after it started. That was June 2000. There where so many people looking to join then that the had to create a feeder league just to accommodate us all. That feeder league was the Team Challenge Series and because I thought that name sucked, and that we where pretty cool on our own and didn't need to be in 411fed proper, I started calling it ECF. One thing led to another (its alot more complicated than that btw) lol and voila.......ECF,TCW,FWR.

So there was enough people looking to join at the start that they created a 15 member feeder league just to house them lol. But this was at the height of The Rock and Stone Cold and wrestling was king. The posting used to be like most every other fed back then too. Basically guys cutting promos at each other. It was me and a guy called Nem that started adding more details, trying to tell a story in feuding and what not. Them guys like Mansion Fan and Mike Watters just completely ran with that ball.

After that first like 12 month peiod though, it was mostly people joining in phases. Always a clump would come in together strangely. It is slower these days, but its just the way of things. 411fed was always on the bottom and it never stopped people joining. I think its just a matter of less regular posters over there. Trust me I've been trying to drum up interest for the fed by pm'ing anyone in 411forums who I thought could write a lick (call it guilt for deserting the place), but of the 7 or 8 that replied nobody is willing or able to put the time in.

As for vets who don't still post. If they don't its for a reason. I mean myself coming back was only a combination of me being off uni for the summer and me falling back in love with wrestling again since Wrestlmania and Flair and Michaels and Batista and Jericho. People are either too busy and bridges have been burned at some point.

That being said it ain't doom and gloom. There is a solid base of feuders at each fed and this will start to grow again. It always does, especially over the colder winter months and the lead up to the Rumble and Mania.

Emmmmm this has gone on forever and I seem to have taken credit for alot. Its not arrogance, its just being in the right place at the right time. And having great people come in a clear up my messes (Lance at 411fed and Thommy at FWR. If you wanna know why they don't let me book anymore ask one of those guys lol.)

Anyways.

Later.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:01 am
The Prodigal One

PS I dont having a fuking clue about this whole SWF fiasco. lol

Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:03 am

SWF stands for Smart Mark Wrestling Federation doesn't it? I know it's apart of the Smart Marks I used to visit there when I was feuding against Bruce and needed some information on the roster there.

I joined about two and a half years ago when the roster was kinda big but the vets were starting to leave and it was still 411/ECF. I would have joined earlier but didn't think I had time which is weird because I probably had less time when I first joined than I did when I was in high school.

The fed has always been at the bottom of the forum, people know it's there and it's a hobby for a lot of the illiterate assholes and sorry ass mods like myself :D who may come and go. It's funny because I think just about everyone in 411 has participated in the E-Fedin some capacity but yet they all try and poke fun at e-fedding.

I don't think there's much we can in terms of recruitment e-fedding isn't the coolest thing in the world. You can try and change the format like at FWR and have shorter posts but it doesn't really matter.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:22 am
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:47 am
Profile E-mail

It all came downhill because of the Buddha deal which really sucks thinking back on it, that could have been handled differently then again there were a lot of 411 posters there who were in total dickhead mode anyway if it wasn't that it would have been something else and it was many things. I was in Infinity which was full of vets and a lot of them left because they needed a break and were tired.

When people join it's usually in bunches and then you hope maybe 2 or 3 people that stay out of the 5 that join. One of the complaints I heard is that shows took way to long to come out especially after a long session.

Which makes sense in a way I've been to some other feds never joined but read where their shows would come out every two days after a session but their shows don't nearly have as much as content or detail as our shows do.

But now the shows are being produce pretty quickly now so I'm hoping those who do join in the future have enough patience to wait.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:26 pm
Profile YIM
Linda McMahon

Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:40 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:33 pm
Profile YIM
Linda McMahon

Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:46 pm
Profile YIM
Linda McMahon

Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:58 pm
Profile YIM
Linda McMahon

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next