[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Rotating Creative Team
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Rotating Creative Team 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Rotating Creative Team
In an attempt to try something new, as well as to open things up a bit more, we're going to create a rotating creative team.

The basic idea: Everyone who wants to help out backstage will be given the chance to do so. We'll bring in one person at a time on a three-show schedule (Friction, Havoc, PPV).

Before you make up your mind as to whether or not you want to give this a shot, let me give some information on how we do things now, and how we'll work out this new plan.

We book things based around a three-show cycle. This means we try to have Friction and Havoc matches and segments lead into the PPV matches and segments. That's the general idea, anyway. There are longer-term storylines going on that move beyond three shows, and sometimes, there are one-off matches that aren't leading to anything major at the time, but serve to create some history between two people.

So we sit around and figure out what matches and segments to have, based on current storylines, history between opponents, and/or future storylines that need to be set up.

After each show, we look over the feuding and determine a winner. We also decide what should be added to the show (segments, specific aspects of matches) so that these storylines are continued.

We are also the ones who do most of the writing. You won't be expected to suddenly write a tonne of matches or anything, but you will have to help get the shows out, obviously.

We also deal with random other issues, such as what to do when someone suddenly can't feud for X amount of time, or if a problem pops up that needs a solution.

So you'd be helping out with all of these aspects. However, no one is going to expect you to come in and magically understand everything immediately. There will be plenty of help and mentoring as it goes along. And, because we don't have 16 million people on the roster, you'll be able to do this more than once (basically as many times as you want to), so you'll improve as you do it more and more.

I'm going to take a couple of tried-and-tested fed members and bring them in to the forum as my advisors as well, so we'll have three experienced members helping out each of you, who haven't done this before. And I'll still remain in my position as benevolent dictator :P

Also, the forum will be cleared out after each cycle, so you don't have to worry about anyone freaking out if you picked them to lose or anything silly like that... Not that I'd expect it to be an issue, but privacy is important and will be exercised!

So if you think you want to try this out, say so here. And ask any questions, etc. I'm hoping that pretty much everyone will want to give it a shot, because I'm really interested in seeing many different ideas and viewpoints!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:56 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Too much time on my hands

I'd be happy to work out angle ideas and such, but I honestly have no interest in writing matches or segments. Feel free to message me if you want help brainstorming or anything though.

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:06 pm

You should still get in on this anyway... Everyone should, even if there is one particular aspect you just haaaaaaate. We can work around certain things... I hate match-writing too!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:10 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Mid Carder

Oooh sounds fun. I'm game, this sort of thing would probably lead to me improving my fueding too.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:45 am

Okay, we have two on the list so far. Strikmore, you want to give it a shot or no? We can work around the match writing thing.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:55 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:43 am
Linda McMahon

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:59 am
Profile E-mail
World Champ

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:10 pm

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:49 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:55 pm
411's Prima Donna

David Hardy's Title History:

411Fed 2004 Tag-Team Turmoil Winner (RoXoRz) 8/15/04
411Fed Tag Team Champion (RoXoRz) 11/24/04 - 3/2/05
411Fed Intercontinental Champion 3/2/05 - 6/6/05 (Merged with ECF Transcontinental Title)
411Fed/ECF Transcontinental Champion 6/6/05 - 11/28/05
TCW Aftershock Champion 3/6/07 - 5/2/08

Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:44 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:42 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Okay, I'll do it whenever you can fit me in next.

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:50 pm
Profile YIM

Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:21 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]