[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Announcement: EWI 2007
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Announcement: EWI 2007 
Linda McMahon

Post Announcement: EWI 2007

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:54 pm
Linda McMahon

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:13 pm
411's Prima Donna

I hope there are more categories than last time. Make it a deluxe EWI!

David Hardy's Title History:

411Fed 2004 Tag-Team Turmoil Winner (RoXoRz) 8/15/04
411Fed Tag Team Champion (RoXoRz) 11/24/04 - 3/2/05
411Fed Intercontinental Champion 3/2/05 - 6/6/05 (Merged with ECF Transcontinental Title)
411Fed/ECF Transcontinental Champion 6/6/05 - 11/28/05
TCW Aftershock Champion 3/6/07 - 5/2/08

Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:59 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Linda McMahon

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I'M SO EXCITED I BROKE MY SHIFT KEY!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:06 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Might as well get this show on the road then...

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Welcome to the 2007 (first half) EWI awards! For those who don't know, the EWI is an annual (kind of) event in the e-fedding community which once consisted of 411fed and ECF, and now has become TCW and FWRFed. It's a way for you, the feuders, to vote on what you think was some of the best stuff from the start of 2007 right up till today. The main part of it is the EWI Wrestler of the Year Award itself, where you vote for your top 10 feuding characters from either fed, but there are also a number of other categories to vote for.

VOTING RULES: Everyone gets one vote each. Even if you run multiple characters in multiple feds, you get one vote per person. Anyone who sends in a second form won't have their second lot of votes counted. PM your forms to me (Thommy H). Unlike previous years, we aren't going to wait for people to ask for forms; it'll just be posted in this thread. Instead of limiting the people who can vote, we're just having a closing date - in this case OCTOBER 15TH. Any forms submitted after that date won't count. All forms are counted (or not) at the judges' (myself, Penguin and Atmoic Welfare) discretion.

Category 1: The EWI Wrestler of the Year Award
The main part of this event is the Wrestler of the Year Award. Every character who feuded between January 1st 2007 and the current date in either fed is eligible to receive a vote. Which, for the record, are all of the following:

Mr. Acceptable
Acid Misfit
Acolyte
Ash
Atomic Welfare
The Big Bamlicious
Red Barker
Gabriel Bathory
DeSean Blackwell
Bleeder
John Chase
Sam Colt
"Crazy Hobo" Woody Daniels
Jason Dante
Darkness
Alex Dragonslayer
Drakus
Drako
"Pretty Boy" Chris Doll
Duo
Ghetto Grass
Freya Green
Hammer
David Hardy
Stephen Hawthorne (DeadZone)
The Hellions
Highone
Indigo
Inferno
Jay
JE
Joyride
Kermit
Aaron Keening
KID
Alex Lee
Malaki
Brian Malone
Marcus
The Marquis
The Masked Man
Mohawk
Monster Hell
Pacnpaba
The Prophet
Purple Camo
Jimmy Richards
Roca
William Shamrock
Kevin Sheene
Shi
The Stealth XPress
Matt Strikmore
Subway Jack
Titanium Insomniac
Myra Tripp
Yu and Ai

For this part of the ballot, you should give us your top 10. Your choices will be rated based on what order you rank them, so do think carefully. Alternatively, you may chose to place your choices "in no particular order", in which case they'll all be weighted equally...but slightly less than the average amount if you'd ranked them. We'd prefer you to think hard about which you think is better, instead of just giving us ten names!

Category 2: Most Popular Feuder
This is an OOC award. Pick three members of the community (they don't necessarily have to be active feuders) who have contributed to the OOC environment in a positive manner, and whose non-feuding posts you enjoy reading.

Category 3: Most Improved
We all have to start somewhere, and it takes a while to get into this game. Some pick it up faster than others though, and this is the award that recognises these individuals. Pick three feuders who you think have noticeably improved since the start of the year.

Category 4: Most Over Babyface
Wrestling is made from good guys and bad guys. For this award, pick your three top babyface characters from either fed. We know who is what alignment, so don't put any heels or tweeners here, or the vote won't count. This award is to recognise the characters who have stuck to their guns and done the right thing in their feuds and matches.

Category 5: Most Over Heel
The opposite of the above award. Pick three of the nastiest, most evil heel characters from either fed. Once again, any votes for faces or tweeners won't be counted.

Category 6: Funniest Feuder
Comedy feuding is an e-fedding tradition as old as calling Coren a girl. For this award, pick your three top feuders who make you laugh. They don't have to be comedy characters, just guys who bring the funnies in their feuding.

Category 7: Best Side Character
This award is to recognise the little guys. Pick your three favourite characters that are not main feuding characters. They can be NPCs, members of staff for either fed, or all those flunkies and sidekicks that show up in everyone's feuds.

Category 8: Best Tag Team
Tag team wrestling might be dead in the real world, but in e-fedding it's...well...it's okay. Ish. Vote for your three favourite tag teams. The teams don't have to be established, but they must have feuded together as a tag team at least once, or the vote won't be counted.

Category 9: Rookie of the Year
This award is for the newbies. Pick your three favourite feuders (not characters) who joined either fed after January 1st 2007.

Category 10: Match of the Year
This award is for the unsung heroes who actually have to write the damn shows. Pick your three favourite match write-ups from any show in either fed please specify the participants and the show on which it occurred).

Category 11: Feud of the Year
Perhaps the most prestigious award apart from Wrestler of the Year, this award is for the guys who got together and did something special in a feud. Pick your three best feuds (please specify the participants and the show on which it occurred) from either fed.

Category 12: Best Video
A brand new award for this year! 2007 has been the year of youtube in e-fedding, and there have been a number of great videos that we've seen over the months. Pick your top three from the following:

Ash 'Tron (since removed...thanks, Ash...)
Ash Joins the Underground (ditto)
Ash vs. Shi (blah blah)

Category 13: Angle of the Year
This is another new award, and perhaps requires some explanation. Both feds are full of great storylines, but not all of them last long enough to count as an 'angle' - an angle is a storyline that spans a number of feuds; one which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the people the writer is feuding with at the time (though it should incorporate them). What won't be counted as an angle is anything like "so and so wants the world title" - a character wanting to advance his career is considered a default motivation, and doesn't require any special skill to maintain over a period of time. Obviously not every story is an 'angle' by this definition, so below are included a list of storylines from both feds that lasted a number of sessions. This list is not exhaustive. It's very likely we left a few angles out, so feel free to add your own, but note that if we decide it doesn't fit the definition above, then the vote won't count.

- Mohawk and Indigo's tentative courtship
- Bathory's obsession with Indigo
- Underground vs. Corporation
- The Masked Man
- Indigo/Shamrock/Mohawk love triangle
- Darkness and the Promethean Ring
- Bathory manipulates everyone before Heatwave
- Dante gets his neck broken
- NHFC vs. Infinity
- Kermit defends the Bleeder Title from everyone
- DeSean Blackwell and Strikmore are reluctant tag partners
- Kermit's father's ghost
- Ghetto Grass freeing themselves from Hammer's influence
- Hammer and Alexxx get together
- Freya and Darkness's unresolved sexual tension
- Atomic Welfare's genetic mutation
- Shamrock and Dragonslayer are brothers
- Selenia's pregnancy
- Dante stalked by "The Hunter"
- Kevin Sheene's battle with HIV
- DeadZone discovers his past
- Dragonslayer versus Bathory
- TCW investigated by Congress
- Shadow in a wheelchair
- Darkness and his "Children"
- David Hardy steals the Aftershock Title
- Infinity steal all the gold

The ballot you should copy and paste into your PMs will follow this post!

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Copy and paste everything below the stars to your PM that you send to me with your choices in the applicable gaps. REMEMBER THAT ALL VOTES MUST BE BASED ON STUFF THAT HAPPENED BETWEEN THE DATES OF JANUARY 1ST 2007 AND OCTOBER 8TH 2007.

1) EWI Wrestler of the Year

2) Most Popular Feuder

3) Most Improved Feuder

4) Most Over Babyface

5) Most Over Heel

6) Funniest Feuder

7) Best Side Character

8 ) Best Tag Team

9) Rookie of the Year

10) Match of the Year

11) Feud of the Year

12) Best Video

13) Best Angle

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:26 am
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:13 pm
Profile E-mail

Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:37 pm
Linda McMahon

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Mid Carder

Location: Em Eye Crooked letter crooked letter oh you are eye no one can do it better
Some of my fav Malaki feuds from the time period in question:

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:38 pm
411's Prima Donna

Next time I wouldn't mind seeing like a best rivaly category for longer battles that have gone on for more than just one feuding session.

David Hardy's Title History:

411Fed 2004 Tag-Team Turmoil Winner (RoXoRz) 8/15/04
411Fed Tag Team Champion (RoXoRz) 11/24/04 - 3/2/05
411Fed Intercontinental Champion 3/2/05 - 6/6/05 (Merged with ECF Transcontinental Title)
411Fed/ECF Transcontinental Champion 6/6/05 - 11/28/05
TCW Aftershock Champion 3/6/07 - 5/2/08

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:45 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Linda McMahon

Next time we do one of these, I'll get some suggestions from everyone for new categories.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:49 pm
Profile E-mail

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:50 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Biggest and Baddest of the Mamma Jammest

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:19 am

I don't think those are males a huh huh huh.

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:57 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next