[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Your Five Favourite Feuds (that you were in)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Your Five Favourite Feuds (that you were in) 
Linda McMahon

Post Your Five Favourite Feuds (that you were in)
Or "Pimp Your Glorious Past For The Newbies". List (and link) here your five best feuds in which you took part. Give reasons if you want. It'll be fun, and a chance for Kamaria, Eriez and anyone else who hasn't been around that long to see what they're dealing with.

Mine:

1) : from Havoc in May/June this year. This was not a feud I expected, especially on the eve of a huge match for the title and I knew I was probably going to get beaten pretty early on. It should come as no surprise that I work better with Freya than anyone and this was our "bottle feud" - we both knew each other's backstories as well as our own, so we took the characters and did whatever the hell we wanted. The feud tells a complete, self-contained story with its own villain, cast of characters and setting. It was the feud that led to Darkness's redemption and my first loss on free TV - Freya really did kick my ass here.

2) Tie: , : from Endgames 2006 and 2007 respectively. I can't pick between the two, so they get listed together. Both feuds sort of tell a similar story, though you can see the influence of my feud with Freya in the second one a lot more and I'm overall more happy with it. The first is the culmination of more than a year of backstory and tension, the second is a more measured attempt to clean things up and give a fresh perspective. Both are really epic and crazy though, featuring a cast of hundreds (most of whom end up splatted) and some really silly set-pieces (to date, I believe the first one is the only time Transformers: The Movie has been used as source of inspiration in the fed).

3) : from Stranglehold 2006. When TI came back, I requested it straight away. There'd been some comparisons in the past between our styles and attitudes so it seemed a natural feud, particularly as both characters were the heavy-hitters in their respective stables at the time. We both went in wanting to win, and this led to a genuine attempt to outdo each other in every single post with obscure literary references and dense storytelling. Ultimately, the story probably ended up a bit overcooked, but it was an awful lot of fun and TI and I both walked out of the feud with more respect for the other guy than we had before. Plus I won!

4) : from Bedlam 2005. This wasn't the first match I had with Bruce - we were supposed to meet in a tag match the previous year, but our respective partners no-showed, and we ended up having a singles match that wasn't really one as we wrote expecting partners to show up. Bruce had wanted a rematch ever since, and we finally got one. This was the quintessential "combine the backstories" feud in which we had a blast just throwing each other around and seeing who could come up with the wildest situation that was still true to the story. The feud ended up being a major turning point in Darkness's story, as well as my first loss in the fed (and, believe me, it was about time).

5) : from Havoc in October 2006. This one was months in the making, based on an idea I'd had in my head for a while to do an alternate universe feud where everything went wrong. The actual effect on continuity that this feud has is negligible (though it brought Misfit back and led to him joining the NHFC) but the storyline of the feud itself is totally self-contained and has some insane moments. We only told a few people what we were planning, so the prologue was hopefully a complete curveball and we could kill and maim whoever we wanted in the finale since it was happening in a parallel universe! The result of this one was a draw, since it was so elaborately planned.

Well there's mine. Some very happy memories for anyone who cares to enjoy. I've had a lot of very, very fun feuds in my career so far (and I plan to have plenty more too) and honourable mentions must go to the likes of Rachel Hunter, Hammer, Kermit and Shogun.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:43 am
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

Chronological order. I don't have links for any of these. They may exist, but I don't have them. :)

1.) Lance Evans (me) and Unprettier versus Plausible Deniability (411fed)
Unprettier and I got tossed together as a team as rookies in 411, and PD was another rookie. I forget why it was a handicap match, but I remember the feud fondly. Unprettier and I played our teaming as two guys that disliked each other, but realized they could get more success initially as a team than as singles. I don't really remember a lot of the feud details, but I think we stole his son. This feud is even more memorable for how awful the match writeup was. We had, arguably, the best feud of the show, and our match was about four sentences of squashing PD, while all three of our character seems to switch places in the writeup. I think Unprettier and PD left for ECF after that.

2.) Lance Evans versus Unprettier (411fed)
After six months or so of doing the team thing, we explode in a singles match. I believe the stip was that you had to hit the opponents finisher to win. As always, Lance cheated and ended up winning the match. The feud was a great shift in gears in the Evans/Unprettier relationship, and really launched Evans as a singles star. A rematch was planned, but things fell apart as 411fed fell apart.

3.) Lance Evans versus Mansion Fan (411fed)
This was the culmination of Lance Evans rising as a singles star, earning a title shot by winning King of the Ring. It was kind of an Old Guard versus Rising Star thing, with Lance trying to out mindgame Mansion Fan. It was a close match, and it was a good confrontation between my "CEO" evil and his "Spooky" evil. It was my first and only World Title as any character.

4.) Murdoch (me) and Lou - The Associates versus Power Inc (ECF)
I wish I could read this feud again, but I think it got lost in a database switch or something else I don't understand. We drive Dean crazy, PD stands by his friend, and we see just how sick an individual Murdoch could be. It was fun, despite my losing.

5.) Matt Strikmore (me) versus Titanium Insomniac (TCW)
This was probably the best snapshot of Matt I managed to do. This is what Matt was and is in my head. That, and I finally beat Demo/TI. :D

Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:01 am
Linda McMahon

Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:19 am
Profile E-mail
IC Champ

Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:42 am
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

By far my favorite of all fueds. The interactions between Freya and myself were exactly what I had wanted, plus I got to tie up loose ends before Kermit took his "vacation". It will be a long time before this fued is bested.

#2 -

Really fun fued to write, but I still think Creative was out to get us. *wink wink, nudge nudge*

#3 -

First match I had. After a shakey start, it all really came together for me. While Titan and Dimes are no longer with us, (which is a shame, cause I liked Dimes), JE and I still remain.

#4 =

I want a rematch. :D

#5 -

The end of the short lived LBA, and the beginning of Kermit's insanity fueled Bleeder Title run.

Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:27 am
Mid Carder

All Fueds are FWRFed (except no.5), otherwise this post would fail!

1. Alex Dragonslayer vs. Malaki- Fun non-linear fued with involved Mexicans, midgets, terrorists and a joke about Die Hard. Plus it's my first Title fued.

2. Alex Dragonslayer vs. Brian Malone- It had a good backstory and even though I got triple posted by Halden I enjoyed the fued, plus I feel this fued and the one that preceded it was the one that sparked an improved Ability.

3. Alex Dragonslayer vs. Smiley Moore- My First Fued

4. Dragonslayer/Malone vs. Indigo/Malaki vs. JE/Chase - Good battle, everyone involved go some good posts in plus it helped to build the Cotrporation storyline.

5. Atomic Welfare vs. Freya- My ongoing one, and I'm treating it as Atomic's real debut in TCW.

Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:28 pm
It's Hammer Time!

I always had good chemistry with Rach as far as writing went, probably because I was one of the very few at the beginning who took her seriously and wasn't all like "OMG gotta get my e-fed character laid". This feud had both of us at our best, and you can never go wrong with making fun of WWE. Lots of material there.

I like feuds with talking soda cans, BDSM stores and conversations lifted from Family Guy. What about it?

Our first feud was pretty bad, in our defense one of us was really sick and the other was way too busy during the session. I can't remember which was which, but we made up for it this time. Most of this stuff was Dante's idea and I was along for the ride, but I thought I did a much better job with it than I did in a previous Darkness feud involving supernatural stuff that was out of Hammer's realm.

The funny thing about this feud is I didn't really like it while it was going on, and I don't think Darky was too thrilled with some of my ideas during it. I know he hated the Cartman appearance. :lol: Then I read it again after the feud appeared in the 2005 EWT voting much to my surprise, and I realized it was pretty good stuff. And hey, Hammer started banging Jessica Alba after this feud...so what's not to love?

The last feud. Don't stop believing!

"Sweet & Sour" Steve Cook says:
I don't do dudes
Rich says:
no one expected you to, but i do believe it or not

Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:41 pm
Linda McMahon

Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:57 pm
Profile E-mail
The Second Coming

'Patriotism is supporting your country all the time...and your government when it deserves it.' ~Mark Twain

Save the planet. Kill a hippie.

Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:59 am

Confundo Ergo Sum

Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:57 pm
The Second Coming

'Patriotism is supporting your country all the time...and your government when it deserves it.' ~Mark Twain

Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:59 am
Under Carder

Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:15 am

Confundo Ergo Sum

Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:22 am
Biggest and Baddest of the Mamma Jammest

Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:55 pm
The Second Coming

Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:49 pm

Confundo Ergo Sum

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]