[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Your character
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Your character 
Too much time on my hands

Post Your character
Because Thommy is O so bored, here is a topic that might cure him of such an alliment.

How did you come up with your character?

Did you base him/her off of anybody?

How different is your character now, from when you started?

Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:35 am

Kermit was originally a joke until Roosevelt Dimes portrayed him as a gangland mobster. So I picked up on the idea and ran with it.

Aaron Keening was made because I thought this place needed a true Baby Face character.

Kermit is, no surprise here, based off a lot of different mob portrayals in the media, coupled with some research I did. Kermit's relationship with his "father" is based off the darker parts of my own relationship with my dad.

Aaron is basically me, just with smoother edges. The love of music, both playing and writing, the creative soul, and the open friendliness, all have their basis in my own life.

Kermit have changed a bunch since his original creation. From Bad Ass puppet to gangland mobster trying to makes amends for past sins. Big change.

Aaron has only been around for a month, so nothing here yet.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:42 am
Linda McMahon

Post Re: Your character
This is going to backfire on you when you're forced to read this post, Kermit...

How did you come up with your character?

He started as a CAW on WWF Smackdown: Know Your Role (I think - the second one on PSOne anyway) as a wrestling character I'd find cool - not "me as a wrestler" exactly, but just my idealised wrestling gimmick. Sort of a mix of Undertaker and Raven with the supernatural dark side of the former and the tenacity and gritiness of the latter. He wasn't much more than a name and an outfit at that stage but I continued to make him with each succesive Smackdown game, usually going through season mode with him and taking him in all sorts of odd directions (in one game he ended up a little like Goldust with an anrogynous appearance, using the Shining Wizard as a finisher) but I never gave him a backstory or did much with him creatively. When Tubby first tried to persuade me to start e-fedding back on 411 I don't know what character I had in mind initially, but it wasn't Darkness. Only when I started talking to him about the possibilities of using that character did he tell me it had potential, so up I signed.

Like with the CAW, he had no backstory to speak of, just hints at past tragedy and a reputation as a loner. The plan was to reveal elements of his history as time went on and I think it was actually about a year before everything was laid out.

He started out based on nobody, then I made him me in a possible future/present/past (which was my way of dealing with some of what I was going through at the time) but, as time went on, he took on a life of his own and I channeled pretty much every influence on me into him, turning him into a messianic figure and then I took the concept of comparative mythology and "all heroes are the same hero" literally and started to actually incorporate elements of myth into his character.

To that end, Darkness is based on the Norse God Tyr (that was what the one hand thing was about) and, by extension, Rand Al'Thor from the Wheel of Time series, he has resonances with the Egyptian Set and the Greek Ares, Gilgamesh, Kalki and Guan Yu...as well as pretty much any 'hero' from mythology or fantasy. He's Aragorn and Arthur and Richard Rahl (without the abhorent political message...) and about a thousand others.

Darkness is literally supposed to have been all of those guys or the things that inspired them now, so there's been a conscious effort to make those comparrisons.

Feuding with Buddha in my first feud made me immediatley latch onto the character and slowly he went from brooding loner to something more likable and human and, as we kicked off the War in Hell stuff, he became the central element of my world-building. The universe I (and others) started making also changed with him too, and he became a poster-boy for not seeing everything as black and white. He made allies of his enemies and, for someone who is all about violence and death, became surprisingly pacifistic; killing only when absolutely necessary and never raising his hand to a human being, which was then further modified as demons went from faceless monsters to characters with personalities of their own.

My last couple of feuds have also been about bringing an underused element of Darkness's backstory into focus, by reminding everyone that he's a father who is older than most of his contemporaries. I put a lot of personal feelings into writing Freya's brother Regin and his family and making that resonate with Darkness and his own loss and I think, in this last feud, he's reached his peak of being totally fleshed out and believable as a character.

To summarise: I've put a lot of fucking time and effort into this.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:15 am
Profile E-mail
IC Champ

Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:55 am
Profile E-mail
Unintentionally Hilarious

How did you come up with your characters?

Ghetto Fire My sister said "ghetto fire" while we were trying to get warm over a stove. I liked the way it sounded. I originally was thinking of him as a white dude, but then I made a CAW in one of the SD!s and it totally fit better.

Acolyte I wanted a more mysterious character, and I wanted to have a character with that name.

Stoner When you live in Cali you really have no other choice then to have a parody of all these annoying fuckin druggies around here.

Yasmin Ghetto Grass needed a girl.

Alexxx Well why not two :D?

Ghetto Fire Based off of original thoughts and the CAW and my love of Mick Foley's style of wrestling.

Acolyte I made him right when I started Acolyting for my church, and I'm Mordecai's biggest fan ;) and his back story is totally ripped from Manos: Hands of Fate

Stoner Drug addicts, based off of hippies but I wanted to have a character that pretty much went against everything that hippies are for except for the drugs, like- he loves meat, fuck that naturalistic shit.

Yasmin Totally based off of a bitch that I had a crush on in the 7th grade (fuck I've been here since 6th grade :|) and in the end Stoner actually got her, unlike my case.

Alexxx Extremely based off of one of my best friends ever (ex girlfriend) especially when she was ditzy in the earlier years of Ghetto Grass.

HAHA wow.

Well I won most improved :D so how much does that say?

I finally had my characters speak in English when Ghetto Grass was on that winning streak.

bUt U no U all miss teh dayz when teh Grazz talkked l1k3 dis 4 a whil3 :afroking:

Grass' original stable name was FAGS but Ghetto Grass sounds a lot better don't it?

And of course they've all had their storyline kayfabe changes.

GF=tweener-FACE
Acolyte=heel, face, HEEL, face
Stoner=tweener, heel, FACE
Yasmin=HEEL, tweener, face
Alexxx= tweener, facish, heelish.....?

And of course all the shit with Hammer has been awesome development for GG and same with the NHFC w/ Acolyte. And DMan too :D

Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:21 am
Profile E-mail

Confundo Ergo Sum

Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:28 am

Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:19 pm
C-Evil-O

Shadow was created in 1996 as my first E-Fed character in a Fed based out of Manchester called oddly enough TCW. He debutd as a member of a stable called The Threat in Real life two of the guys I worked security with, their characters were Axe and Dream Maker. When they asked me to try it out I was playing a game called Saturday Night Slam Masters (Muscle Bomber in Japan) and I LOVED the mask and overal look of the character The Scorpion on that game.

The mask with no eyeholes was the begining, from their Shadow became the antithesis of Michael Jefferson doing pretty much the opposite of what I would do as a person. His original gimmick was that of a heel that allways told the truth, even if it was in his twisted view, he was arrogant, thought he was funny, talked too much, and talked shit on everyone that wasn't him for the simple crime of NOT being him. (hmmm maybe I'd better check the meaning of antithesis again)

Did you base him off of anybody
A lot of his formation was around Brett Harts final days, the birth of DX and the wrestling wars in general, (sadly being a Pittsburgher their was a healthy dose of Shane Douglass thrown in as well) So yeah he was a Yank stuck in Manchester with a bunch of other Yanks and a Brit named Dead Lee (it was the birth of this shit leave us old men alone we were using E-Mail for the game back then for fucks sake)

In his current form he's still pretty much an evil version of me if I were Lex Luthor or Dr. Doom without all the crazy. Most would note Bond villain #32 but once again without the crazy. Pretty much I wanted him to be a man that caused as much havoc as he could mostly BECAUSE he could, but more so because he understands the Worlds need for heroes and firmly believes that they can not exist without villains.

How has he changed

He was an arrogan cocky bastard that used to fly off the handle WAY too much, now he's an arrogant cocky bastard that never flys off the handle.

Add to that the fact that he used to have to work for a living (he's allways said he comes from the streets and this is the truth) and he's now richer than anyone has any business being, the death of his brother and the lifelong struggle against his father annd it all ties into what makes Shadow what he is today.

Oh yeah my computer works again and I'm willing to feud

You knew I would do anything for you when I came back with your Burger King.

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:54 pm
Linda McMahon

Shadow is actually one of my favourite characters - I obviously have a weakness for writing manipulative assholes like Lucifer, Seth, Dragon and all the other evil characters from my backstory.

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:58 pm
Profile E-mail

I'm honestly not even sure myself, I remember being a little kid and always wanting to be a wrestler so at the age of 7 or 8, I created a character called DMan which somehow changed to "The Technician" I never heard of a real wrestler nicknamed the Technician so I went with it. Of course I got the name from Tecmo World Wrestling and Dr. Guildo's character. The overall look of the character is a CAW from Wrestlemania 2000, I always liked those athletic pants that HHH and the Rock would wear so I used those and then the blue elbowpad was used just to give him an unique look. I made him bald in WM2000 then I gave him in No Mercy and he's been the same since in all wrestling games. Some point in my life I decided to make him a heel as well.

I noticed quite a few mythical characters and weirdos in the fed so I wanted to have just an athlete, a true athlete that was used to working with normal people who didn't live their gimmicks. I felt like by toning him down and making him more normal he would stand out.

Tiffany: DeSean needed a girlfriend and I was dating her at the time so why not?

Stallion and Jag: Apart of a stable of CAW that included DeSean, I was going to use that stable in feuding so DeSean can have some more people to interact with but the idea truly never gotten off the ground I've used some characters in non feuding and some feuds but Stallion and Jag are the two characters I've used routinely. Based off these twins I knew back in middle school.

Eddie: I got the idea for him because I wanted a comedy character that I could use without caring about wins or losses so I created him.

Shi: I always wanted to do a badass Asian type character and he was created for FWR but when it looked like FWR might die I brought him here and now feud him at both places.,

He's honestly me with every negative trait I have hyped up and based off certain people that I never really liked and never wanted to become. With that being said I try to make him balance depending on the feud and have him be a little self depricating at time just like me.

Tiffany: Based off my on again off again girlfriend, when I first created her I just used the name and the personality was completely different as time I went on I used bits and pieces of the real Tiff and put it in the character. I made her less ditzy and "blonde" like and made her more manipulative. Plus she's good fodder for DeSean she'll show up when he least expects it.

Eddie: Based off of a character from rap group Little Brother, they have a character by the name of Percy Miracles. I like the idea of the character so I created Eddie, he's also based on a lot of R&B singers who I feel are half assing it with their lyric and songs not being creative with their music at all. I'm looking at you R-Kelly, T-Pain and Akon.

Shi: The John Woo type characters, a lot of Chow Yun Fat and some O'Ren Ishii from Kill Bill plus Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell with the dry and sarcastic humor. The name Nobu Nanahara comes two characters from Battle Royale (watch it!) I just put their names together and it fit.

He's changed a lot when I first started I was 19 and feuding happened to fall right on my birthday. So he started out as a character leaving that final year as a teen and entering their 20s. He started as a tweener-heel then I made him a total asshole heel back to more or a less tweener almost leaning face. What's funny is that amount of hip hop influence he had in the beginning and how much that has been toned down.

I initially wrote the character ironically having self confidence issues just to mirror my own shyness and somewhat self depricating personality but that's been toned down as well. He's also gotten used to the different cast of characters in TCW that walk down the hallways.

I've been pretty damn good with the ladies as of late and feeling more confident as well with that being said, the more successful I've been in real life finding a new job and finding luck with the ladies the less time I've been able to do the things I enjoy like feuding. So that's been mirrored with him getting endorsement deals and doing commercials but finding less time to wrestle.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:40 am
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

Dante started his life as a Vampire The Masqurade character, he was a Lasombra Vampire with (at that point) bleached platinum blonde hair and a attitude of a rich punk. At large he was a nobody with an attitude that got him into trouble. He didn't last all that long but the name and the visual stuck with me for some reason.

Stephen Dorff's Deacon frost in the first Blade fil, the guy was the essence of who Jason Dante was, rich, cocky and still with enough feelings of not being accepted to make him interested. The idea that he had a falling out with his old money family stems from this character trait, he has built his own wealth but still is treated as a new money by people who are his peers. The Dante of three years ago was a guy both looking to fit in and who was disgusted by the old money people.

Oh brother...this is a big one. At first he was just a cocky ass hole who only thought of himself and his own image, he had the money and the clout to get picked to join the Original HFC, and once there the changes started. He went back to his roots and began to show that he was an albino, he "met" Selenia (un-named at the time, the name is from a Magic the Gathering card), and then about a year and a half ago he met a man who would change his world in Darkness. Dante tried to battle him in his old way first but got his arse beat in the end, so he got desperate, scarred and then finally switched sides.

He new Dante is openly insecure and looking for a place in things, at the same time as he befriended Darkness he still looks up to him as an example of wheat he himself never can be.

In short Dante has gone from self serving ass hole heel to a more humane face over the course of three years.

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:01 am
Profile E-mail ICQ

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:14 am
in a cardboard box

"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"

Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:12 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
IC Champ

Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:48 pm
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:29 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
C-Evil-O

You knew I would do anything for you when I came back with your Burger King.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:12 pm
It's Hammer Time!

"Sweet & Sour" Steve Cook says:
I don't do dudes
Rich says:
no one expected you to, but i do believe it or not

Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:55 pm

Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:24 am
World Champ

Post Re: Your character
I wanna play...

How did you come up with your character? TI originated as my screenname on ezboard. I just threw the two words together, really. I'd had a brief bout with insomnia in college and for some reason decided to include that. Then Nick Diamond asked a few ECF guys to help him show this other little e-fed how the RP style works, so I decided to use the TI name. Diamond wanted him to be a mystery man, so I gave him a mask. The other guys in this fed were immature little gangsta wannabes, so that quickly produced TI's biting humor as I quickly lost patience with them. So he gave a lot of thinly veiled shoot promos. I added the Shakespeare for no real reason at all.

Did you base him/her off of anybody? By the time I started using him at 411, I wanted to mainly retain his humor and turn him into a comedy character in the vein of Acid Jackrabbit and Mr. Submission. So in the beginning there was a lot of random omnipotent type stuff where he'd get the best of his opponents through ridiculous schemes. So style-wise I wanted to base him off of some other posters. Appearance-wise and whatever, no real basis. After a while I decided to make him a little bigger, like a Scott Hall or Undertaker. That's about the extent of it, though.

How different is your character now, from when you started? Basically I started listening too much to my biggest fan and toughest critic, who didn't see much of a point to the comedy feuding and saw it as no-selling more than anything else. So I decided to start coming up with a backstory, a reason for the mask and the insomnia, and ended up turning him much darker than he'd started out. His original run ended up being a tale of redemption, and his second full-time run here was meant to be based much more on the randomness and chaos of the world rather than having a clear-cut purpose or direction. So basically he's changed a lot.

- Updated 04/23/07

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:36 pm
Linda McMahon

Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]