[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Friction (Van) show / Havoc (Boise) feuding discussion
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Friction (Van) show / Havoc (Boise) feuding discussion 
It's Hammer Time!

"Sweet & Sour" Steve Cook says:
I don't do dudes
Rich says:
no one expected you to, but i do believe it or not

Wed May 30, 2007 9:25 pm
IC Champ

Where'd you guys get the cool figures of your characters made?

And I'll have my post up.............sometime

Wed May 30, 2007 9:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

THIS IS ALL VERY WELL - BUT HOW ABOUT THOSE TALKING HEAD SEGMENTS??? WEREN'T THEY WELL WRITTEN???

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Wed May 30, 2007 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Wed May 30, 2007 9:45 pm
Profile E-mail
IC Champ

Wed May 30, 2007 10:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Unintentionally Hilarious

That's why there are links to them in Thommy's sig. :P

Wed May 30, 2007 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

They're , roughly 25 - 30mm tall which I buy and paint. I did the first Darkness one (with the two pistols) because I thought it would be cool (well...not 'cool'...) and then I wanted some enemies for him, so I painted figures of his (at the time) rivals, Shogun, Malthus and Murmur. Then it just went from there and now I have a shelf full of the little bastards which you can see in the .

Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Profile E-mail
411's Prima Donna

The lil' David Hardy figure is an extremely rare and high valued collector's item!

David Hardy's Title History:

411Fed 2004 Tag-Team Turmoil Winner (RoXoRz) 8/15/04
411Fed Tag Team Champion (RoXoRz) 11/24/04 - 3/2/05
411Fed Intercontinental Champion 3/2/05 - 6/6/05 (Merged with ECF Transcontinental Title)
411Fed/ECF Transcontinental Champion 6/6/05 - 11/28/05
TCW Aftershock Champion 3/6/07 - 5/2/08

Wed May 30, 2007 10:12 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Too much time on my hands

Which company makes those mini's Thommy? I have a hard time trying to find mini's with a more modern feel in my area.

Wed May 30, 2007 10:21 pm
Linda McMahon

They're all from different companies for the most part. , the biggest and best known company (at least in the UK) is next to useless for anything that isn't from their own game worlds, though the original Darkness and couple of the others were made by them. Some of the weirder fantasy stuff (Dar'Kath, Aterius Angelus, Edmund Grindal, Bleeder and Ta-Te) are made by but they're no good for moderns at all. I have a couple I got from but, again, you're mostly looking at fantasy (albeit it steampunk) with those guys.

Which leaves my two favourites, who made the Freya, Marta Hayes, Krissy, Bisley, Dante, Hammer, Shogun and Red Menace and who are awesome for modern figures, particularly female ones and who made Drakus, Abbadon, Dragon and the armoured version of Dante and are great for demons and monsters. They have some sci-fi stuff that could easily pass for modern. The problem for you would be that those guys are UK-based, though they ship to the US and take paypal and stuff.

So yeah. Shop around!

Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Profile E-mail
IC Champ

you painted all the detail into those? Holy crap, that's awesome. I don't think i could pull that off.

Wed May 30, 2007 10:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Haha. It takes some practice, and there's way better examples out there than I can muster, but thanks all the same!

I think I'm the first guy to find a way to make e-fedding more nerdy...

Wed May 30, 2007 10:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

Thanks, I am going to have to check those companies out. About all we have in my area is Game Workshop and the RP shops around here only seem to sell Reaper and Warhammer models. Been trying to find modern ones for awhile.

And yes Sandman, while this type of art is rough (my eyes hate me for some of the models I've done), it just takes practice and patience.

Wed May 30, 2007 11:13 pm
IC Champ

I have no drawing skills, my skils lie in photography. I'll get some pictures up later.

Wed May 30, 2007 11:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Wed May 30, 2007 11:20 pm
Profile E-mail
IC Champ

i'm too lazy to put them in the gallery right now, here's the link to a book i just made.

Remember, i'm only 16, so some of the pictures suck

http://www.photoworks.com/photo-sharing ... _emb&cb=PW

Wed May 30, 2007 11:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Wed May 30, 2007 11:29 pm
Profile E-mail
IC Champ

thank you. That would be what the William Shamrock character is based off of. It's me being a bastard.

Wed May 30, 2007 11:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Yeah, write what you know. Darkness is based on me and my life too.

Wed May 30, 2007 11:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Unintentionally Hilarious

Wed May 30, 2007 11:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next