[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Would/could you do a gay character?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Would/could you do a gay character? 
Linda McMahon

Post Would/could you do a gay character?
This comes out of a couple of msn conversations I'm having, and it made me wonder what the wider opinion was. One of my ideas in a recent feud of mine was to hint at a homoerotic aspect to the relationship between Darkness and one of my opponent's side-characters. It didn't pan out, but it definantely could have happened the way I set some things up.

Because it's nearly 2007 and we're all mature adults (except Ghetto who isn't an adult and Tubby who isn't mature) it never occured to me that anyone would have had a particular problem with something like that, but it occurs to me as a result of these aforementioned conversations that maybe that's not the case.

I know we've had a gay character before (Codek) but his bio always made it clear his character wasn't going to hit on anyone, but I wonder what someone's reaction would be if someone decided to go that way. Would you demand it be changed? Would it totally throw you? Would you roll with it and turn it into part of your character's storyline?

I'm not trying to demonise anyone who may not be comfortable about homosexuality (don't expect a Christmas card though), I just wonder if people think such an angle would be too 'taboo' for an e-fed or, like rape, something that no one can be trusted to handle sensitively enough?

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:10 am
Profile E-mail
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I wouldn't give a shit and everyone here's a big ... Oh wait I need to grow up. Nevermind... anyway. "Oo, we write about big sweaty men rolling around with each other but we're MACHO!" The term is "butch." :snuff:

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:21 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Too much time on my hands

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:00 am
in a cardboard box

And thus Highone proved to the world he was either female or stupid...

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:08 am
Profile E-mail ICQ

I don't think I would be able to write a gay character, I think I could write it but it would be so stereotypical and it would end up being a comedy character than something serious. It's one of the reasons why I don't write female characters with the exception of girlfriends because I can't write from the female perspective I'm not a female so I can't do it.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:11 am
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

I would have no problem with it, I'm not that I know of Gay in real life but to use a clichée love is love no matter if it's between two men or a man and a woman, the perspective is the same no matter the genders.

Would I ahve a problem with someone doing a gay love story with say Dante or a side character of mine? No not at all.

Could I do a a gay character? That depends on how real it would have to seem, but then again I ahve no experience with being the half-demonic son of Lucifer so I think I could do it.

Personally I think that if this is a wall for someone it needs to be brought down and smashed through.

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:14 am
Profile E-mail ICQ
Linda McMahon

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:24 am
Profile E-mail
It's Hammer Time!

"Sweet & Sour" Steve Cook says:
I don't do dudes
Rich says:
no one expected you to, but i do believe it or not

Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:08 am

Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:35 am
Profile E-mail
Mid Carder

Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:46 am

Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:54 am
Profile E-mail

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:21 am

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:50 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Confundo Ergo Sum

Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:39 am

Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:52 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Confundo Ergo Sum

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:16 am

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:35 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:46 pm
Profile E-mail
C-Evil-O

Beyond a shadow of of a doubt I would have no issue working with or writing a gay character in fact I'm almost sure that I have. That said Shadow only cares about peoples sexual preference if he thinks that holding a secret over their head will get him an advantage.

You knew I would do anything for you when I came back with your Burger King.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:25 pm
Mid Carder

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next