[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - DeSean's TCW EWR Diary
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 DeSean's TCW EWR Diary 
Too much time on my hands

Post DeSean's TCW EWR Diary
Instead of bumping up the How Old is Your Character thread, I decided that from now I'll put all the updates in one thread. Some notes before I post, remeber that the game decided to put me in the month of December instead of November and also this is the fifth book show. The only thing that follows continuity are the roster and the stables with some feuds other than those things it won't follow the real TCW.

Here is the diary for TCW Havoc December 17, 2006 as reported by the Dame

Acid Misfit vs Mutaaz Tareef.

Match Background: None.

The Match: Fallaway slam by Acid Misfit puts down Mutaaz Tareef. Spinebuster by Acid Misfit. Hooks the leg for a two count. Acid goes for a splash but Hammer puts the knees up. Acid is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Flying shoulder tackle by Hammer sends Acid CRASHING to the mat. Hooks the leg for a two count. Brutal sit out powerbomb on Acid! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Running knee lift from Mutaaz Tareef. Hammer goes for a splash but Acid puts the knees up. Hammer walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. Hooks the leg for a two count. Acid Misfit scores with a standing spinebuster. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Mutaaz Tareef charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Acid Misfit hits some punches. How generic. Hammer backdrops Acid Misfit out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Mutaaz Tareef. BIG clothesline on Acid. High Angle DDT by Mutaaz Tareef just SPIKES Acid Misfit down! David Hardy comes running down the aisle with a chair! Hammer goes to irish whip Acid Misfit into the ropes. Hardy hits Acid with a chair to the back! Mutaaz Tareef moves in for the kill. Burning Hammer!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!!

My Opinion: Consider yourself lucky, a ****1\4 is hard to get and it was earned every step of the way. Let's see if you can do better now.

Road Agent notes: Mutaaz Tareef is losing overness because of his weak gimmick

Ghetto Fire vs Goth Guy.

The Match: Goth Guy receives some punishment by Ghetto Fire but with that horrid offense, we're the only ones truly being punished. Uninspired brawling from Ghetto Fire. Goth Guy takes a right hand to the temple from Ghetto. Ghetto Fire hits a right hand on Goth Guy. Goth Guy powers out of a Ghetto Fire headlock. Bodyslam by Goth Guy. Spear by Goth Guy. Hooks the leg for a two count. Ghetto flips out of a Goth Guy bodyslam attempt. Ghetto Fire hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. Covers for a quick two count. Side suplex from Ghetto. Pin, but Goth Guy is out just before the three count. Ghetto drops an elbow...but Goth Guy moves out of the way. Goth Guy scoops and slams Ghetto Fire. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Ghetto Fire once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Running clothesline from Ghetto Fire was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Goth Guy can barely stand. Carry On! 1....2....3.

My Opinion: I'll give a 3/4 star rating, but only if you promise to improve as a booker.

Road Agent notes:This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Jason Dante is in the ring. Highone comes out, and attacks. Highone gets the upper hand. Jason Dante is in trouble. Hellfire Driver!!! That shook the ring. Highone stole the finisher of Jason Dante and used it on him!

Kermit vs Shi.

Match Background: This match is for the TCW Aftershock title. Shi has been TCW Aftershock champion since 13 December 2006.

The Match: Flying elbow from Kermit, grazing the target slightly. Back heel kick from Kermit on Shi but it misses by miles. There's a two count on the pin. Kermit charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Standing leg lariat by Shi on Kermit. Shi uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! There's a two count on the pin. Vicious kick to the teeth from Shi. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Hard back suplex on Kermit. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Kermit kicks Shi in the gut to reverse the momentum. Back heel kick from Kermit on Shi. There's a two count on the pin. Flying knee to the face from Kermit. For the record it was more of a Rusty Wizard than a Shining one. Pin, but Shi is out just before the three count. Face crusher from Kermit on Shi sets up for an elbowdrop. Kermit hits a quick kick on Shi. Shi fights out of a grapple. Second rope flying axe handle, Kermit goes down. One day, Shi might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Tiger suplex on Kermit. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, dammit. Kermit can barely stand. Here it comes - Nobu Kick. 1....2...3, it's finished.

My Opinion: I'll give it a *1\2 rating. Consider getting more stars to be the adventure of a lifetime. Get started.

Marcus Jones vs James Hawk.

Match Background: Carolina's Finest and MVC have been feuding recently.

The Match: Marcus hits a right hand. Marcus Jones snap suplexes Hawk. Bodyslam by Marcus. James Hawk takes a butterfly suplex from Marcus. Hawk ducks a wild right hand. James Hawk with a spinning neckbreaker on Marcus. James Hawk hits a bulldog off the ropes. Covers for a quick two count. James Hawk misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Big piledriver on Hawk. Covers for a quick two count. Front legsweep slam aka The Stroke by Marcus Jones. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. James Hawk elbows Marcus Jones in the face to break a hammerlock. Marcus takes a headbutt from James Hawk. Marcus kicks James Hawk in the gut to reverse the momentum. Hawk tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. James Hawk tries to get a big slam, but it is blocked when Marcus goes to the eyes! Marcus Jones quickly scores with a field-goal kick between the legs! James Hawk collapses! The referee didn't see the illegal blow! 1...2...3! James Hawk got screwed!

My Opinion: I'm capable of giving out high star ratings...but only for matches that really deserve it. This one didn't. **1/4.

Valerie Stern is backstage, and announces that at The Beginning we will see Darkness and Titanium Insomniac fight one on one.

Alexxx vs Freya Green.

The Match: Freya scoops and slams Alexxx. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Alexxx counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Alexxx snapmares Freya Green and goes for the DREADED chinlock. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Slingshot clothesline by Alexxx, who almost messed it up by slipping on the ropes. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Freya Green once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. BIG clothesline on Alexxx. Massive backbreaker on Alexxx and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. There's a two count on the pin. Freya Green scores with a standing spinebuster. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Alexxx elbows Freya Green in the face to break a hammerlock. Alexxx uses a running dropkick into the corner. That was just...ugh. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Alexxx charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Alexxx is in trouble. Lunar Eclipse! 1....2....3. Alexxx offers a handshake to Freya...and she accepts it!

My Opinion: *1/4 rating. Don't be upset. There are people in third world countries who can barely afford one star, let alone one and a quarter.

A black stretch limo pulls up outside the arena, and out steps Ken Doane, making his first appearance in the promotion. He looks around, then heads toward the locker room.

Matt Strikmore is walking down the aisle carrying the TCW Transcontinental belt. Out of the crowd comes Drakus, and he attacks, flooring Strikmore. Drakus grabs the belt off the floor and escapes through the crowd.

Shadow vs Plausible D.

Match Background: Shadow and PD have been feuding recently. Neither has managed to get an in-ring victory in this feud.

The Match: Running knee lift from Plausible D. Spear by Plausible D. Covers for a quick two count. Shadow flips out of a Plausible D bodyslam attempt. Shadow drives a HARD forearm into the chest of PD. Big dropkick by Shadow, who got a ton of air on the move. Covers for a quick two count. Shadow plants PD with an EXPLODAH~! suplex. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Shadow drives a thrust kick into the chest of PD. Plausible D is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Shadow walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. There's a two count on the pin. Brutal sit out powerbomb on Shadow! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Bodyslam by PD. Plausible D hits some punches. How generic. PD goes for a splash but Shadow puts the knees up. Stun Gun from Shadow! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Belly to belly off the top rope! The referee tries to separate the two grapplers...and gets knocked over and trampled on as they brawl! That's enough, the referee calls for the bell - double DQ! The fight has started up again! Shadow attacks PD, and they brawl all around ringside, then into the crowd! They eventually disappear backstage, still fighting.

My Opinion: Smack dab in the middle of the star spectrum for an average match. **1\2.

The RoXoRz vs Darkness and Jason Dante.

Match Background: The RoXoRz are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. Jason D and Highone have been feuding recently. Neither has managed to get an in-ring victory in this feud. Jason Dante is the reigning Unified World Heavyweight champion.

The Match: Big forearm by Jason Dante makes me want to go to the mirror and check MY teeth. Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Jason D. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. There's a two count on the pin. Jason D tags out to Darkness. Jason D \ Darkness whip Highone into the corner. Jason Dante whips Darkness in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. There's a two count on the pin. Vertical suplex by Darkness. Darkness misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Nice piledriver on Darkness. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to David Hardy. Flying cross body off the top rope! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Darkness powers out of a David Hardy headlock. BAAACK Body drop by Hardy gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Tag between Darkness and Jason Dante. Jason D drives a HARD forearm into the chest of Hardy. Tag to Highone. Highone tastes a high angle back suplex. If Spike Lee can sue TNN over the Spike TV nonsense, then Kurt Angle should be able to sue SOMEONE for that. Jason Dante moves in for the kill. Hellfire Driver! Titanium Insomniac quickly comes running down the aisle and into the ring! Jason Dante turns around. Titanium Insomniac spins Jason D around. Titanium Insomniac hits the The Teardrop! The referee calls for the DQ because of the interference of TI! Titanium Insomniac is still in the ring. He signals for the The Teardrop! Running down the aisle comes Acid Misfit! He slides in the ring, and chases TI out of the ring! Acid chases him through the crowd and out of sight.

My Opinion: Slightly above average match. Only gets a **3\4 rating from me.

Highest rated segments

Hammer vs Misfit
Highone/Jason Dante Angle
The RoxXoRz vs Darkness/Dante
Drakus/Strikmore angle
Shadow vs PD

We got a 1.93 rating for 'Havoc'!
The attendance level was 7536 people.
We made $301440 from ticket sales.

Also Yasmin has been suspended for one month because her poor attitude, it's rubbing the roster the wrong way. This is also strike two for her.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:18 am
Profile E-mail

Haha, that shit was sweet! Well done DeSean...

Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:33 am
It's Hammer Time!

"Sweet & Sour" Steve Cook says:
I don't do dudes
Rich says:
no one expected you to, but i do believe it or not

Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:36 am

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:24 pm
World Champ

- Updated 04/23/07

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:45 pm
Linda McMahon

You know, this is interesting actually, because although pro. wrestling is the basis for this game (as in, e-fedding), there are some fundamental differences between how we work and how booking a real wrestling promotion works. In real wrestling, you start a feud with two (or more) workers and book them against each other continually until the blow-off - that doesn't happen in e-fedding (at least not here) because no one wants to write feuds against the same guy every week (and I think we'd all swiftly run out of material if we didn't get a good variety of opponents). So, here, we don't "have rivalries" with people in the sense of a limited wrestling feud (because 'feuds' are analogous to 'matches' here) but rather long-term storylines that might show up in the odd match over time. So I've never even had what might be termed a 'wrestling rivalry' with Hammer, but I'd say that we do have an 'e-fed rivalry' that could make us logical opponents at any time.

I had a weird sense of "Hmm...that doesn't feel right" when reading this diary, DeSean and I think that's the reason why. I have to adjust my thinking to map how the fed really works onto how real wrestling works.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:57 pm
Profile E-mail

I dunno. I've fueded with Drakus for like four shows straight now.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:01 pm
Linda McMahon

Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:08 pm
Profile E-mail

Exactly Thommy I had to take off my E-Fed goggles and actually book the show as as regular wrestling promotion. Usually feuds last a good two or three months in the game depending on how much I put into that feud. If the feud is booked evenly which I always try to do then in the end both guys overness will get higher and they'll move up the card. Here in the E-Fed overness isn't that important because we're an E-Fed we can just write how the crowd reacts to us. Just like most of the roster are tweeners it's easier in the game to book heel-face rivalries, the reactions from the fans are better than say two tweeners battling it out. It's why you see a lot of angles instead of matches because I'm trying to save the bigger matches for the PPVs. So you're seeing a lot of this guy attacks this guy or this guy gets a cheap win over this guy, instead of the clean wins and losses that you would see in the E-Fed.

I have a good month of booking before "The Beginning" and I'm sure that some of the feuds will still continue it's my long term booking strategy looking ahead into the future no "crash tv" for me. 8)

Also to answer your question about the gimmick I think I gave Darkness the Supernatural gimmick and Dante got the supernatural gimmick, the Gothic gimmick wasn't working out for Dante so I changed it. TI also had a gothic gimmick but I changed that, I forgat what though.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

I guess the other big difference is that, because this is genuinely competetive (in the sense that it's not worked), the 'overness' thing doesn't really apply either. For instance, I wouldn't think a year long win-streak for Darkness would do anyone any favours in EWR (well, except Darkness...), but because things like how over someone is here don't matter, it can happen and make sense. Also, we don't have squash matches between upper carders and lower carders in the same way - because everyone thinks their guy is The Man and Creative know that that's healthy for morale, every match, no matter the relative positions on the card, is written fairly competetively.

Out of curiosity, DeSean, what postions did you put characters in on the card? Who are your main eventers?

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:36 pm
Profile E-mail
411's Prima Donna

I actually dig facing people a few times in a row here. It's happened to me several times in the past, most notably with the Newcastle Hombres, Shogun and Supreme and they've actually turned out to be pretty good. It's nice to get a strong sense of continuity over the feuding sessions and to use events from a previous show to spur on your current feud.

David Hardy's Title History:

411Fed 2004 Tag-Team Turmoil Winner (RoXoRz) 8/15/04
411Fed Tag Team Champion (RoXoRz) 11/24/04 - 3/2/05
411Fed Intercontinental Champion 3/2/05 - 6/6/05 (Merged with ECF Transcontinental Title)
411Fed/ECF Transcontinental Champion 6/6/05 - 11/28/05
TCW Aftershock Champion 3/6/07 - 5/2/08

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:41 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
in a cardboard box

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:47 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ

[Out of curiosity, DeSean, what postions did you put characters in on the card? Who are your main eventers?[/quote]

I'm trying to think since I'm not at home but I think Darkness, Dante, TI, Highone, Acid and Hammer are main eventers. I know for sure that Darkness, Dante, TI and Highone are Hammer is one and Acid maybe one.

Upper mid carders: Hardy, Acid if he's not a main eventer, Strikmore, Drakus, PD, Shadow and Supreme I want to say that they're upper mid carders.

Everyone else I just made mid carders and lower mid carders

The jobbers are the same jobbers here I just created them in the game I also put some of them in our developmental territory (FWR)

Based on the size I made TCW and the fact that it's a global promotion fans will turn on you if they think you're getting pushed to fast, so you want see Eddie Isley beating Dante in the main event because the image of world title will suffer.

When I created the fed we had a roster of 73 characters that's including jobbers and side characters, I signed some guys that the WWE released and some people I found on the indy's and I put them in FWR which brings the total to 96 I think.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:20 pm
Profile E-mail
I am bad. I am to blame.

WWWMDD?

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:56 pm
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:34 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:56 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next