[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Questions for the entire fed
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Questions for the entire fed 
Too much time on my hands

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:23 pm
Linda McMahon

I'm 99% certain that has never happened. The only time I can see quantity coming into play is in the sense of the simple reality that you can achieve more in 2000 words than you can in 200, so a few posts several pages in length are going to beat a few posts several paragraphs in length due to the fact that the paragraph-length writer just can't tell a story as well unless he or she is very good.

I'm certain that that situation has occured though so my advice, unless a Creative member contradicts it, is to never look at post count, or even word count as any kind of indicator.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Linda McMahon

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:06 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Proud alumnus of F U

1. What do you think creative looks for in determining a good, winning feud?
I really don't know, but I don't think they look at what they should.

2. What do you think creative should look for in determining a good, winning feud?
They should look at who writes the better story within the feud. If I write a good story & you write a good story, but your story mostly revolves around character developement or outside influences or past storylines that have nothing to do with the feud you are currently in, then you should lose, even if you out wrote your opponent. You need to include your opponent, not exclude them & only focus on developement of a new tag team-mate or or anything like that. Some people will argue that character developement is important to show the how's & why's of their character & I agree, but I don't think an 8 page post with 7 pages dedicated to char devel is better than a 2 page post that only concentrates on the interaction of the 2 opponents, no matter who wrote it.

3. What do you personally enjoy reading in feuding? What makes a feud entertaining to you?
A little bit of comedy, some drama, but mostly human emotion & involvement. While one of my characters is an "otherworld type", I don't care to spend a lot of time in the other world. My feud is in the here & now, so I want to read about the here & now.

4. Is there anything that crosses over numbers 2 and 3? In other words, are you entertained by certain things you think creative should look for, do you think creative should look for these certain things that entertain you, etc?
Creative needs to get onto ONE set of rules that they look for & stick with it. That's all. Do I think that a splash of comedy should be required for a good feud to win? No. But if that comedy he uses is better than the drama I use, he should win.

Bottom line...I could've come back already...but I haven't because I didn't like where this place was when I left & I'm still not impressed with it now. But then again, who said you needed to impress me? And for those that will say I'm complaining about losing & such...I stepped down with the tag titles & could come back to them & I'm still not chomping at the bit to get back.

1x TCW Tag Team Champion (w/Shadow)

PD's current record 50-29-3 (I'm 56-36-4 overall)
EWI's 5th ranked wrestler for 2005, 2004, 2002 & 2001. Way to be consistent.

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:12 pm
Profile E-mail

Would this be a bad time to sing a happy song to cheer everyone up? :o

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Linda McMahon

Just because those who generally win most of their feuds happen to have a lot of backstory does not necessarily mean that they're winning because they're pushing that backstory.

It's not hard to see how there could be a correlation between someone able ot handle long-term storylines, character development and a complex, interesting backstory and someone who can write well, I don't think.

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Proud alumnus of F U

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Proud alumnus of F U

Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Proud alumnus of F U

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:04 pm
Profile E-mail

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
in a cardboard box

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:07 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:21 pm
Linda McMahon

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:28 pm
Profile E-mail

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:36 pm