[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Questions for the entire fed
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Questions for the entire fed 
Too much time on my hands

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
Proud alumnus of F U

1x TCW Tag Team Champion (w/Shadow)

PD's current record 50-29-3 (I'm 56-36-4 overall)
EWI's 5th ranked wrestler for 2005, 2004, 2002 & 2001. Way to be consistent.

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:52 pm
Profile E-mail

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Linda McMahon

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:59 pm
in a cardboard box

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:02 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
Linda McMahon

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:10 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:17 pm
in a cardboard box

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:26 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ

Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Proud alumnus of F U

1x TCW Tag Team Champion (w/Shadow)

PD's current record 50-29-3 (I'm 56-36-4 overall)
EWI's 5th ranked wrestler for 2005, 2004, 2002 & 2001. Way to be consistent.

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:21 pm
Profile E-mail

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:31 pm

Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

PD, so far, this thread's purpose is largely for feuders to voice their opinions. That's why certain posts have been removed. We're not going to attempt to tackle everything all at once, because that would end up as a mess and just fuck everything up without a resolution. And there's really nothing here to be pissed off at.

I'm attempting to deal with one aspect of things with you and some others elsewhere, so we can sort that out. You've made your opinions known, and now they're being discussed and all that. And the exact same thing is going to happen with the opinions of others. Nothing is being ignored and no one is being told to shut up or anything else. Things are being dealt with in a way that has the best chance of actually resolving these issues on all sides. So what's the problem?

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:46 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Also, we'd really love more answers to all those questions from everyone, newbies included. The more we here, the better we can do to improve things around here.

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:47 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I've been keeping up on reading this, but I really don't have any input. The only thing I can say is that for question 3, the only thing that would bug me when reading a feud is if the two people just each did their own thing and stayed seperate the entire time. Outside of that, I really don't care what creative deems the criteria for who wins. It's not like it really matters to me. The winner and loser both get a match the next week anyway, and I do this for the fun of it, so there's no real differance between winning and losing for me.

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:00 am

1. What do you think creative looks for in determining a good, winning feud?

Creativity, give and takeness I can't put it in proper words but mainly how much you give and take in a feud. If I'm feuding with someone the focus shouldn't primarily be on DeSean, I can't just write about DeSean/Stallion/Eddie and Jag and not use my opponents at all, there has to be some mentioned of them. That's why I think I was losing a lot of close feuds because my focus was on my character more than it was my opponent. It's harder than it sounds because it's human nature to care about one of your own, in this case your own character than it is than it is to care about someone else's.

2. What do you think creative should look for in determining a good, winning feud?

Really the same as above, I do think that a poster should be rewarded for being put out of his element and still managing to hold his own. I also think quantity does come into play sometimes, if a poster has 5 posts and his opponent has two good posts, very good posts. He still only contributed two posts into the feud

3. What do you personally enjoy reading in feuding? What makes a feud entertaining to you?

I like a little comedy here and there but I like emotion in a feud and conflict especially inner conflict, I like seeing people struggle with who they are and how they react to the world around them. I've always been intrigued by the psyche of a human being which is why I'm writing DeSean the way I am now.

4. Is there anything that crosses over numbers 2 and 3? In other words, are you entertained by certain things you think creative should look for, do you think creative should look for these certain things that entertain you, etc?

Really I think creative is doing fine there's some things that can be improved but it's not alarming.

Also I like the magazine style show idea, I have a similar idea that's something I would be willing to help in doing.

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:32 am
Profile E-mail
World Champ

One thing that I thought of the other day regarding how this fed has changed (evolved?) is the flexibility allowed in writing styles. There was a time when a more "noir" style that I and a few others used was frowned upon because crowds couldn't see it. One of the rules of thumb that creative tried to push was that feuders needed to write as if an audience was watching on a 24/7 wrestling channel, so because people couldn't actually see Demolition Man's thoughts of inner torment, they couldn't be written about. Over time, that rule of thumb has been phased out and people are now able to write like writers, which I'm personally appreciative of but which also makes this more of a true creative writing contest and less a judging of whose promo was better.

So I guess I'll add that to my thoughts under Question 1.

- Updated 04/23/07

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:18 pm
Linda McMahon

I definatley feel that that's the case, TI. When I was being persuaded to join up, that's exactly how it was explained to me and I never saw anything in the rules that said I couldn't just write whatever the hell I wanted to write.

We have an extremely freeform style now and that makes Creative's job that much harder when you have a couple of different schools of thought regarding whether there's a 'camera' present all the time (I find it odd how a lot of people end their posts with "*Fade*", say) or whether you can just treat posts like part of a book.

One reason you won't see me using things like pictures or different coloured text in my posts (at least not very often) is that I format my writing in exactly the same way as I'd write it if it was a short story that was going to be published.

Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next