[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Havoc Predictions
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Havoc Predictions 
World Champ

Post Havoc Predictions
Here's the list, and then I'll post again with my own thoughts.

Tourney Matches

Dante & Darkness vs Highone & Technician- Singapore Cane

Ghetto Fire vs Matt Strikmore- Suicide Scaffold Match

Triple Threat (Elimination Style)- Freya vs Shadow vs Kermit- Inferno

Triple Threat (Normal style)- DeadZone vs TI vs Drakus- House of Horrors

WILDCARD~!: David Hardy vs Mac Avoy- IKEA Carnage

NON-Tourney Matches

Jack Frost & Kojack vs Dick Flehr & Father Savage

Supreme & Naberus vs Dangerous Dean Dyer & The Stallion

Jabbar vs. Yasmin

JE vs RDV- Titan as special Enforcer

- Updated 04/23/07

Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:51 pm
World Champ

Post Re: Havoc Predictions
Tourney Matches

- The hard work all four put into this is obvious. Dante and Darkness had the element of surprise early in the week, and have developed a strong chemistry through their War in Hell stuff. Highone and DeSean, by benefit through inter-Infinity discussion, were able to play off one another in similar fashion. I won't pick a winner here because I think it's too close. But I will say this: Darkness uncharacteristically attacks. Later on, DeSean uncharacteristically shudders and shakes when Darkness tells him to run away, this after DeSean says that he doesn't believe the rumors he's heard. No one got it perfect. It would have been more proper to let DeSean react on his own rather than writing his reaction for him in this instance.

Ghetto Fire vs Matt Strikmore- Suicide Scaffold Match What a weird little feud this was, featuring a long discussion by a Slurpee machine. I'm giving it to Strikmore simply because he offers more in his posts. Ghetto's are a little lean.

Triple Threat (Normal style)- DeadZone vs TI vs Drakus- House of Horrors Well, it wouldn't be proper of me to pick a winner here. I liked the feud as I was given a lot more to work with than last week. Drakus took it right to me the whole week in attempts first to intimidate and then to cause division and doubt. Deadzone recently asked for feedback, so I offer this to him: in this feud I think you propped up your opponents too much. You chose to set either of us up rather than go on the attack. Feuding is about finding a good balance between offense and selling and I think DZ did too much of the latter. Don't be afraid to get into it with someone. Push them. Make them sweat. Thanks again to both for a fun week.

WILDCARD~!: David Hardy vs Mac Avoy- IKEA Carnage How does one perfectly blow holes in the side of a boat that read 'ECF?' Heh. I give this to Hardy. He worked harder.

NON-Tourney Matches

Supreme & Naberus vs Dangerous Dean Dyer & The Stallion Both guys who posted were missing partners. That sucks. I give Supreme the edge.

Jabbar vs. Yasmin

JE vs RDV- Titan as special Enforcer Rob Dat Van. It's too bad JE wasn't around more.

The rest of these aren't reviewed yet because I've been sitting at the computer for a very long time scrolling down through people's posts. I'll pick it up again later.

- Updated 04/23/07

Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:35 pm
Mid Carder

I've often been told that usually it works best if you sell a bit more then having your opponent sell (that is to say, getting the best of your opponents all of the time makes you look bad)

For this particular feud, I took into consideration your character (TI) and realized that he's one of the big dogs (and not one who is easily gotten the best of, etc), so I wanted to play off of that.

I didn't wanna basically have TI get beat down or anything as I thought "Well, his character doesn't appear to be that easy to fool or attack" so I went with that.

Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:41 pm
World Champ

- Updated 04/23/07

Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:49 pm
Mid Carder

Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:51 pm
Too much time on my hands

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:40 am
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:28 pm
Profile E-mail

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:42 pm
411's Prima Donna

David Hardy's Title History:

411Fed 2004 Tag-Team Turmoil Winner (RoXoRz) 8/15/04
411Fed Tag Team Champion (RoXoRz) 11/24/04 - 3/2/05
411Fed Intercontinental Champion 3/2/05 - 6/6/05 (Merged with ECF Transcontinental Title)
411Fed/ECF Transcontinental Champion 6/6/05 - 11/28/05
TCW Aftershock Champion 3/6/07 - 5/2/08

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:47 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Linda McMahon

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:49 pm
Profile E-mail
411's Prima Donna

411Fed Intercontinental Champion 3/2/05 - 6/6/05 (Merged with ECF Transcontinental Title)

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:50 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Linda McMahon

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:15 pm
I am bad. I am to blame.

This discussion is quite fascinating, but it's all a bit off topic for the prediction thread.

WWWMDD?

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:27 pm
Linda McMahon

I didn't mean so much a way in in terms of the feud, but for the character. I don't think there's an easy way for Highone - party-going martial artist - to come into conflict on a level other than 'we want to win the match' with Darkness. DeSean had his religion which gave me something very easy to work with and it was natural for me to focus on that. I think part of the problem is that all of the 'hooks' you've mentioned are things that, realistically, would barely concern D&D - being mocked in a video tape is not going to faze a man who has taken on and beaten an arch-demon in hand-to-hand combat. It's a style clash, I believe, and something which happens with me and certain members of the fed. Anyone focusing on wrestling or mundane attacks is going to generally find it hard to integrate themselves with Darkness and, to a lesser extent, Dante because of who they are.

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:29 pm
Profile E-mail
411's Prima Donna

As for the topic at hand, here are my quick picks. I gotta get back to homework!

I thought Highone and Technician were the better team and contributed alot more to the advancement of storyline, but I expect DnD to win due to their current rank alone.

Matt Strikmore, he just seemed to try harder.

Shadow gets the win here. He actually tried to advance the storyline, while the rest pretty much stalled it showing little effort.

TI easily. That being said, I was very impressed with the work of his opponents, and wouldn't mind seeing a long feud between y'all.

Hardy via squash

NON-Tourney Matches

This didn't even really go anywhere, especially with all but one feuder making only one post. Throw this one on Heat. I pick the funny dudes.

Supreme & Naberus vs Dangerous Dean Dyer & The Stallion

I can't see this happening with only 2 posts.

Jabbar vs. Yasmin

Good stuff, I give Jabbar the edge. Rematch anyone?

JE vs RDV- Titan as special Enforcer

Titan wins... what? Oh fine, RDV.

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:33 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Linda McMahon

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:37 pm
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:39 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
Linda McMahon

Post Re: Havoc Predictions
Anyway, my predictions...

NON-Tourney Matches