[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Road to Glory - Bracket #5
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Road to Glory - Bracket #5 
Commissioner

Post Road to Glory - Bracket #5
Matt Strikmore, DeSean Blackwell, The Masked Man, Stryker X, Sel

Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:18 pm
Too much time on my hands

Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:23 am

Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:50 am
Profile E-mail
Under Carder

Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:56 pm

*The shot starts with a shot of Matt's chest as he backs away from the camera.*

Matt: ... I think that's the on button. Where's the red light? Oh, there. Ok.

*Matt has his back to a row of lockers. There's not much travel this week, so most of the wrestlers and crew have set up camp in the arena. Matt tussles his hair and pull his baseball cap backwards over his head. His legs are bouncing on the balls of his feet as he stares nervously into the camera.*

Matt: For someone who talks to himself near constantly, speaking into a camera should come easy, right? Just close my eyes and go about my business. But the fact is that you guys need to hear what's really on my mind regarding this whole Road to Glory thing. A lot of people, probably a lot of you watching this, are looking for me to step up at this thing. People figure it's custom made for me, because if I have an abundance of anything, it's tenacity and stupidity. I have the scar on my neck to prove that. But I want to say that the rules changed the minute FWR was brought into the equation. The whole thing has shifted from being the best in the company, to proving which is the best company. For some people, nothing has changed. It's a solo goal, and that's fine. But that's just not the way my head and heart work. My job here is to better the company, not better myself at the expense of my company. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm going to make sure TCW wins this, even at the expense of my losing it.

*Matt looks down at the floor, his legs still bouncing, like he's trying to find a period for his statement. He slowly looks up, and the uncertainty that was peering from behind his eyes is gone. His legs stop bouncing, and he looks dead into the camera.

Matt: I can promise one thing about my personal performance though. If I go out, I'm taking the biggest and nastiest guy in FWR with me. It's not going to be even odds when I'm gone. If I go, I'm taking someone better than I with me, because lets face it, that's what I do. I may not be better, but I can still beat you simply because I want it more. Tenacity and stupidity. That just spells trouble for me and anyone I go against. So if I don't win this thing, you can be certain you're still going to know I was there.

*DeSean turns his travel bag upside down, the remaining contents spilling to the floor. He pokes and prods the piles of clothes, DVD's, and toiletries.*

DeSean: I know I have my camera somewhere...

*The Masked Man slowly walks by the locker door, hands clasped in front of him. Humming a dirge, he walks in measured steps, his face never veering to the side. DeSean looks up, while still searching with his hands.*

DeSean: You know, you're a special kind of weird.

*The Masked Man walks on.*

Matt: Alright, this is a little segment I'd like to call, "Who would win?". With me is long time TCW employee, Mike Hadron. Mike is a sound guy, so I don't think he's ever been on camera. Fun fact: I offer Mike money every show to play "Party all the time" when Darkness comes out. I up it $100 every show. So just so you know, I'm working on it. Anyway, Mike has seen a lot of great fights in his time in the industry, so I wanted to bring him in for the inaugural "Who would win?". You ready for this, Mike?

Mike: Bring it on.

Matt: Ok. Who would win.... Robocop or a Stegosaurus?

Mike: That's a bit of a curveball, Matt.

Matt: Thinking outside the box, Mike. Thinking outside the box.

Mike: Ok, ok. Where and when are they fighting.

Matt: Open field in the Middle Ages. Neutral place and time.

Mike: I'd have to go with Robocop. He's got a gun.

Matt: But limited ammo! Have you seen a Stegosaurus? It's got plates on its back, and a spikey tail!

Mike: But the Stegosaurus was an herbivore. He wasn't aggressive!

Matt: But he's defensive like a mofo! Stegosauri don't run. Besides, Robocop would run out of ammo. Then what's he going to do? Powerwalk over him?

Mike: He'd still have enough ammo to at least slow it down, and could then pick him apart.

Matt: Robocop is not fast. I'm not saying this Stegosaurus has the Speed Force or anything, but Robocop is friggen slow. In his movies, does he ever dodge anything? Anything at all?

Mike: I don't have the source materials in front of me.

Matt: Well he doesn't! He has Superman complex. Nothing can hurt me, so I'll just walk into these bullets! But you know what does hurt?

Mike: A Stegosaurus?

Matt: A Stegosaurus. Now I had put out a post asking for other fight ideas, so lets go to the TCW website. Huh? What's this?

Mike: What?

Matt: A video of DeSean and I.

*DeSean is now throwing items into the air, tossing them about the room.*

DeSean: Where is it?!?! I know I brought it!

*The humming of the dirge suddenly returns, only louder and seemingly from all sides. DeSean looks toward the door and sees the camera sitting in the doorway. As he walks towards it, he suddenly hears a yell from down the hall.*

Matt: WHOA!! LOOK AT THE TITS ON ME!!!

*DeSean runs into the hallway, looking for the Masked Man, but finding not even a trace. Still, the humming continues, as it echoes through the area. A laughing Matt walks around the corner with a laptop in hand, stopping a random employee.*

Matt: Check this out! I should need to own a permit for these things!

Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:29 pm

"What's so funny?" DeSean asks as Matt walks around showing people his laptop laughing the entire time. With digital camera in hand, DeSean rushes over to Matt as he shows another employee the video.

"Hey Kian take a look of this" Matt tells assistant doctor Trevor Kian, pointing out the nice legs that he er...Tiffany has.

"Look at those killer legs, who did this?" Matt asks.

"Who did what?" DeSean who finally made it over to Matt asks still a little annoyed by the masked man who he suspects stole his camera for whatever reason. But in about 3 seconds he was going to be given a reason of why he stole it, let's countdown as DeSean pokes his head over Matt's shoulders to take a look at the website.

"Son of a bitch!, that's me!" DeSean yelled out.

"And don't forget me." Matt chimed in.

"Oh shit, this isn't good, that's why he stole my camera."

"Why who, stole your camera?" Trevor Kian asked.

"The masked man, that V mask wearing bastard. Why are you laughing, this isn't funny ‘he's making fun of you too." DeSean yells at Matt.

"Look it's no big deal, obviously everyone knows it's Tiffany I don't have 34DD breasts with killer legs and smooth thighs.."

"Plus you're not black." Trevor added.

"Huh?" Matt said a little puzzled by Trevor's remark.

"Look it doesn't matter ok. It's me and Tiffany, aw God Tiffany is going to be pissed. Oh shit, I need to make a call." Panicking, DeSean searched his pockets for his cell phone as Matt watched the video intently.

"I'm sure Valerie knows about this, she's not going to let this stay on for long. Who's filming this?

"I am, I just bought the camera that week we were in front of her home." DeSean chimed in, while he was dialing Tiffany's number.

Matt and Trevor looked at the video, with his face superimposed over Tiffany's body he could hear both DeSean and Tiffany talking to one another.

DeSean: Ok let me focus the camera a little better.

The picture became somewhat clearer as Tiffany who was walking not to long ago, now appeared before DeSean head poking inside DeSean's car. Her face has a serious demeanor but she's trying to not crack a smile but of course no one could tell that with Matt's face over hers.

Tiffany: License and registration please.
DeSean: Here you go, what seems to be the problem officer?"

Tiffany: You were going 75 on a 50

DeSean: Well I do like to go fast.

"Oh you got to be kidding me" Matt said.

"Yea like you could have came up with something better" DeSean roared back as he held the phone to his ear listening to it ring.

Tiffany: Step out of the car sir.

DeSean: Ok.

The image shakes a little as DeSean sit's the camera on top of the car, positioned so that both he and Tiffany are both shown., Tiffany turns DeSean around and pushes him against the side of the car rather forcefully, so hard that you can see DeSean mouth the words OW with a look of discomfort on his face. Tiffany pats him down, if the situation was real she would be charged with officer misconduct as she grabs some areas below the belt.

Tiffany: You don't have any weapons on your person do you?

DeSean: I do but it's not in my pocket

"SMACK!"

DeSean: OW! Holy shit that hurt! You don't have to smack me.

Tiffany: Oh sorry, I was in character

"Ok this was too funny, to be real" Matt says chuckling to himself.

"It is real, believe it." DeSean waited patiently on the phone but it was all for naught since his ex girlfriend's voicemail played.

"You've reached, the voicemail of Ms. Brute leave a message after the beep."

"Hey Tiff, look it's DeSean it's an emergency hit me back when you get this message....Just do it ok?"
He hung up his cell, still hearing the video being played in the background.

"You're still watching that?' DeSean asked. ‘

"It's like watching a car wreck, you want to look away but you can't." Matt responds back.

"Hey DeSean what are you and Tiffany going to do next?" Trevor asked.

"Where are we?"

"You're inside the house but the camera is sitting on a table, you can't see anything except..wait never mind you picked the camera back up, oh wait you're on the other end."

"Are we inside the living room?"

"Yea"

"Is there music playing?"

"Yea"

"Ok, am I dancing?"

"Yes you are."

"Ok, Matt you might want to close that laptop of yours or close out." DeSean walked over to Matt and tried to grab the laptop from him but either curious or just a reflex Matt wouldn't let DeSean see his computer. DeSean got wide eyed as he knew that ill fated scene was coming up shortly, he reached for the PC again, he knew click the little x button at the top of the site wouldn't stop others from seeing it but it would stop two people from watching it.

Everytime I close my eyes, I wake up feeling so horny! I can't get you out of my mind sexuality, I would give anything to make you understand me. I don't give a damn about nothing else, freaking you is all I need.

Tiffany: Oh yea, I like this. Shake it for me.

"Matt I implore you, to close out I'm not telling you. I'm asking you close out.

"I'm trying to, I really am. But the site is frozen"

"Then why the hell is the video still playing?"

"I don't know, it's late I guess."

"Oh God no....God if you stop this right now, I'll go to church from now on. No more swearing, no clubs, no promiscuous sex, God I promise you this." DeSean prayed to God as the video kept playing.

"What must I say, what must I do, to show how much I think about freaking you"

the song played as DeSean danced to beat, he slowly took off his shirt showing off his abs as Tiffany commented on how sexy he looked. He slowly shook his hips, as he undid his belt and unbuttoned his pants.

"Please tell me you're wearing underwear" Matt said as he kept clicking on the x not at all eager to see if DeSean was a boxer or briefs man.

"I think I am. I THINK I am." DeSean eyes shifted from left to right as Matt furiously clicked.

"I swear someone has tampered with my laptop"

"I bet it was the masked man"

Before DeSean dropped his pants, the video went black and then a message of this video is no longer available appeared. All 3 men breathed a sign of relief then afterward Matt started to laugh.

"Only you, out of this roster only you would have a sex tape" Matt criticized DeSean.

" Yea and only you would find humor in it, as a matter of fact have you ever had sex with a woman? Have you ever been in a serious relationship in your entire life?" DeSean dissed Matt while turning on his camera.

"Yes and both accounts but I wouldn't be dumb enough to film myself doing it, just to stroke my own ego." Matt answered back sharply.

"Oh that's right, Dudley Do Right here hasn't done a bad thing in his entire life, he's a role model for all the little boys and girls who inspire to be doctors and lawyers someday."

"What's wrong with kids following their dreams, DeSean? If I'm not mistaken you did."

"Let's face it Matt, not everyone is going to be what they want to be. If that were the case we would be busting our own tables and collecting our own trash. The world isn't built that way." DeSean hit the record button on his digital camera and pointed it at Matt.

"I heard you're making a vlog, well guess what I'm doing the same thing and it's going to kick the ass of yours."

"Typical DeSean, can't come up with an original idea of your own?"

"Oh I can, I just don't want to our loyal audience to be bored when watching your vlogs. No I'm saving them from boredom and you the embarrassment asking about who‘s better Deadpool or Booster Gold when we all know Deadpool owns all. You can thank me later partner." With that DeSean walked backwards as he filmed an angry Matt Strikmore.

"Well I hope your film skills get better than the last movie you directed" Matt yelled.

"You sure seemed to be into, asshole!" DeSean yelled back.

"Wednesday August 6. 2008 that's right I have a vlog, I'm filming this for the fans and to document the day in the life of a wrestler such as myself. Luckily for you all we‘re heading towards a PPV the Road to Glory: TCW vs. FWR but fuck TCW I‘m in it for myself. I‘m not going to stroke Valerie Stern‘s ego by saying this is for TCW. I apologize for those who saw the video of me and "Matt" first off Matt is Tiffany, I mean Tiffany is Matt....I mean Tiffany was the one in the video but somehow Matt's face got superimposed over her's. I say somehow but I know it was really the mysterious Masked Man who did this, he stole my camera and altered the footage. Let me say this, Masked Man you try to embarrass me? You'll be the one who's going to be embarrass when I unmask you and then beat you so bad, you'll have to wear another mask to hide your scars. But forget about him, let's have some fun."

DeSean stood up from his spot in the dressing room and walked around filming various backstage personnel before stopping at Valerie's office.

"Let's see what the boss is up to shall we?"

DeSean busted through the office door, startling Valerie who was on the phone.

"Hey Val what's up?" DeSean said smiling.

"What are you doing? Get the fuck out of my office!" Valerie demanded.

DeSean complied by quickly leaving and closing the door behind him, smiling he spoke into the camera.

"Yes, that bitch you see on TV every Sunday and Wednesday night is not a character that's really Valerie."

DeSean walked down the hallways admiring the pictures on the wall of various 411 and ECF superstars of the past mixed with the current crop of TCW superstars.
"Here's Rachel Hunter back when she unified the 411 and ECF world titles. Little known fact I had a crush on Rachel Hunter, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who did. She had a Jessica Biel type deal going on, luckily I got to tag with her for How Few Remains. Rachel you have my number, I'm single now. Call me" DeSean made a telephone symbol and brought it to his ear as he moved on.

"Here we have that asshole Nemesis and his counterpart the mother to his fucker Mjoxeuax....Ok moving on. Ok, oh here we are these are my boys Infinity, my dogs Highone, Hardy, Hammer, PD, Shadow, Titanium Insomniac, Accidental Genocide and of course me. The most powerful stable in TCW history and we beat everyone then we got stopped by these guys The New Hellfire Club. I see Darkness with both belts over his shoulders, I'm going to take those titles soon enough so I hope he's prepared to let them go." DeSean continued walking commenting on various pictures like Pyros, Corens, saying how ugly Drakus is etc....

"I'm done insulting superstars and reminiscing, I say let's go back to the hotel room and get ready for a party."

DeSean stopped recording deciding that would be sufficient until he would go out that night. He sighed to himself and looked at his watch, oh God how he was tired but he put himself in this and he's been through worse things in his life, a couple of hours at a club wouldn't kill him. Man that tape of he and Tiffany was embarrassing but it could have been worse, the entire world could have seen The Technician was packing and they would have found out that it was true.

"Every woman in the world would have wanted a piece of my The Technician's strudel" he said to himself while smiling then chuckling.

"Ok the video was funny in a very sad and pathetic way but funny nonetheless" he tried to convince himself by laughing. The laugh raised an octave until he realized he wasn't alone, he heard someone else laughing down the hallway and the laugh was familiar.

"The masked asshole" DeSean thought to himself. He ran down the hallway fist clenched, ready for a fight, he lightly ran trying to not make too much noise, following the maniacal laugh but once he made it to the end there was no one there. He looked to his left and right, shaking his head and shrugging as he realized the mind games were beginning, man it was going to be a long week.
We go to Matt who's working on his video blog.

"A lot of people may know this but I like to hang out backstage and just chat with the staff, these guys get overlooked without them the show wouldn't nearly as run as smoothly as it does. Here we see Justine Lynn the very beautiful Justine Lynn talking to James Sweeney." Justine smiles at Matt and blows a quick kiss at the camera.

"We love you back Justine. Anyway, let's see what else is going on backstage." Matt walks around looking for something to film until he thought he heard some strange sound coming from a nearby room. He stopped and turned wondering what the noise was. He knocked on the door but didn't get a response so he opened it slowly while trying to capture it all on film, he finally made his way all the way inside the room not really knowing what to expect until he saw the individual that stood before him.

"Hey I know you, you're from FWR, you're..."

"Striker X, yes that's me and what business is it yours?"

"Well this is going to be interesting" Matt thought to himself.

Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:46 am
Profile E-mail
Under Carder

Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:52 pm

*Matt let the shirt lay on the table in front of him as he sat back and pulled from a bag of pretzels. Those three letters meant a lot to him as a wrestler, but even more so as a fan. He caught on kind of late in the day, when the originators were now the usual. He remembers the originals, but they weren't "his". Matt's names were Nick Diamond. Unprettier. The Associates. Those were the memories this shirt conjured up.*

*He drops the nearly empty bag of snacks onto his lap, and reaches out with one arm to flatten out a wrinkle in the shirt, smoothing out the memories. The arena had gone quiet. Workers gone for the day, and most of the TCW and FWR guys were out enjoying the evening. Matt, like usual, stuck behind. He liked the quiet these big buildings allow, the lack of audible and visual stimulation. It let Matt's brain keep from chasing tangents like dogs chase cars. He can just focus. He can just remember.*

DeSean: You call dibs on this room?

*Matt lifts his head up sees the man he's been tied to more than any other name in this company. Matt and DeSean, the odd couple. It's like they have a running competition to see who can be the bigger loner. Matt grabs his bag of pretzels and slumps back in his seat. Matt lets out a weary sigh before answering.*

Matt: Nah.

DeSean: So we're on speaking terms again are we?

Matt: DeSean, I - I just don't have it in me right now to bother hating you. Cease fire. Time out. Whatever.

DeSean: Works for me. Where do I sign?

*DeSean walks over to Matt's table as Matt kicks out a chair for DeSean. DeSean sits down heavily, dropping his bag on the floor beside him. He cocks his head at Matt when he sees the ECF shirt.*

Matt: Mask.

*DeSean reaches down into his bag and pulls out a balled up shirt, tossing it onto the table.*

DeSean: Can't argue with a quantity discount.

Matt: What do you think?

DeSean: Never hurts to have an extra shirt laying around. You?

Matt: I dig the vintage t-shirt thing.

*Matt tosses the bag of pretzels over to DeSean. Sliding his hands together to clean off the salt, he starts talking while looking at the ceiling.*

Matt: We're going to win this thing. You know that, right?

DeSean: We who?

Matt: TCW.

DeSean: Oh yeah? And who's going to be lone representative left? You?

Matt: It could happen.

DeSean: And what if I say it's me?

Matt: That could happen too. Probably won't be you, though.

DeSean: Come again? I'm better than you!

Matt: Yeah, you probably are. Still haven't beaten me though.

DeSean: Because you're lucky. But it's going to take more luck than you have to last through this.

Matt: You still think I'm just lucky? You want to know the secret to why I always beat you? The fact is, you do half of it for me. Just look at last week. The only reason you lost that fight was because you decided that you couldn't win. So you walked. Like a chump.

DeSean: It was a strategic decision. I saw what was going on. I knew I had a better shot at this if I stayed healthy.

Matt: Bull. You decided that you couldn't win. That's why, and the only reason why. Scratch that word out of your dictionary. "Can't". It's a friggen cancer.

DeSean: Oh, so I if just believe in my self, I can do anything? Gee, thanks.

*DeSean bites at a pretzel, muttering under his breath. Matt closes his eyes and breathes in more drawn out breaths, visibly trying to keep his calm. DeSean smirks.*

DeSean: I beliiiiiieeeeeve!

*Matt kicks the table back and shoots up before leaning over the table getting close to DeSean's face. DeSean drops the bag of pretzels and readies his hands to push off the table.*

Matt: This is why I can't stand you! Since I first stepped in the ring with you, I've never been shy with saying how good you are. There's a reason it took our self implosion as a team to drop the belts. There is not a single person in this company, or any company, that either of us can't beat. The difference between you and me? I know that. You say that, but you don't believe it. Until that bell rings at the end, I have not lost the match. I don't know what the stats are, but I'm pretty sure I've taken more damage than I've given, but there's only been one time that someone has put my shoulders down for three seconds. And guess what? I'd already beaten him before. I'm not saying this out of pride. I'm not saying this out ego. I'm saying this out of confidence in what I can do, in how I perform. I've been scared. I've been worried. But I've never said "I can't".

DeSean: Are you serious? The power of positive thinking?

Matt: I'm not saying I'm going to get my hand raised every time. I've been beaten, and I'm going to get beaten again some day. But there's not one time, not one, where I walk through those curtains without at least having a chance of winning. And that's where "I can't" kills you. You and me? We're not the biggest guys. Sometimes we go in with nothing more than that chance. But if you let your grip slip on that chance for one second, just one second, it's gone. Done. Last week, you didn't let it go. You threw it down and spit on it.

DeSean: We can go again right n--

Matt: I'm not here to listen. I'm here to tell you one last time. I'm going to say it loud and clear, and maybe it'll break through that rock you call a brain. I'm tired of being proved wrong about you. I'm tired of saying DeSean is great, and then you go make yourself look like a fool. I'm tired of seeing a talent as awesome as you wuss out. Road to Glory. It's your last chance. When we end up in the ring at the same time, and you'd better still be around when I show up, this is what's going to go down. First, I'm going to find the biggest, ugliest guy in FWR and punch him in the face. Second, I'm going to come looking for you, and I'm going to look you dead in the eye. If I have any doubt that you didn't burn the word "I can't" and piss on the ashes, you're going out. I promise you I will throw you out. I will cost myself this match. I will cost TCW this match. I will do all that, just to throw you out, because you'll have finally convinced me that you don't belong in a ring. I'm not going to give you a pass anymore on raw potential. Too many people gave too much to have you disrespect it, and if you don't have the common courtesy to hang it up, then I'll do it for you. But if I look you in the eye, and I see what I know can be there, then I'll be right about two things. One, that you're great. And two, TCW is going to win this thing.

*Matt grabs his ECF shirt and walks out the door. DeSean sits there a moment, his hands still poised to push off the table. He takes a few breaths, and grabs the balled up T-shirt and spreads it out on the table. He grabs the bag of pretzels and sits back, eyes focused on those three red letters. ECF.*

*The shot pulls back to see this whole scene has been played out in a web browser. The words "ECF lives in TCW" are typed across the subject line, and we see the "Submit" button pressed. As always, the Masked Man is smiling.*

Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:45 pm

ECF three letters that raise a lot of emotions, just like a certain Philly promotion that raised hell in the 90s, fans loved that promotion for it's take no prisoners hardcore style, so much so that some of them still won't let go of the past so much so that they won‘t give the small but solid 3rd brand a chance. DeSean loved ECW but once the promotion died, he appreciated the memories but moved on, wrestling evolves. If it didn't all matches would be 2/3 falls, there would be no entrance music, and he would finish people off with a body slam. The style may change over a decade, the cartoon, Rock n'Wrestling of the 80s. The high flying in your face hardcore wrestling of the mid to late 90s and now the hard hitting, American Strong Style that the kids are loving. Joining the Masked Man's movement would be a regression, it'll just be two guys living in the past, living in a fantasy land hoping for a Rachel Hunter or Demolition Man to walk through those doors again. He looked at the shirt again, he thought to himself how he lost passion for the business that he used to love so much. Maybe joining this revolution would help rekindle that passion, that fire he lost. He took a deep breath, it was that time again. He grabbed his digital camera and checked out some of the footage he filmed previously. There were some shots of him in a nightclub, dancing with some young Peperas and drinking a Pisco Sour, a smile formed across his face as he looked at his terrible dancing skills. He didn't stay long inside Del Carajo an hour at the most but it was the appearance of it all. A little editing and it'll look like he was partying all night,

He yawned and fast forwarded so he can begin recording, he sat the camera in front of him but positioned it so that viewers could see his face and shoulders, he took off his glasses and laid them down in front of him. He pressed the record button but didn't say anything, his mind went blank for a couple of seconds. He scratched his face and forehead, thinking of something to say. He finally decided to just start where he left off from the nightclub.

"What's up to all my Techites, I guess I dunno. I need a nickname for my fans, DeSeaniacs or some corny shit. How about you guys e-mail your suggestions, that'll work hit me up on my Myspace page or Facebook me and send me your suggestions. Anyway in the hotel room now, kinda tired, long night tonight (it really wasn't), partied my ass off (No he didn't) went to a club downtown called Del Carajo nice place, a lot of dancing some good Peruvian music. Ever in Lima, go there tell them DeSean sent you."

DeSean picked up a clear bottle, that had a blue label on it and filled with an yellowish color. He drank some of it and sat it back down off camera.

"Damn that's good, for those wondering I was drinking Inca Kola really fucking tasty let me say that. This is the National drink of Peru pretty much, the only soft drink that Coca-Cola couldn't beat so they joined them, the two companies agreed to a partnership. Much like 411 and ECF. And that brings me to this."

DeSean picks up the ECF T-Shirt that the Masked Man gave him, he showed it to the camera.

"There's a lot I have to say about this shirt and the letters on it." Before DeSean could say anything else the digital camera somehow fell, he quickly caught it and pressed the stop button, he sat it aside and figured he could edit the ending out. He swiveled around in his chair and opened up his laptop. There are certain times in our lives when we do things, whether it's fate, a coincidence or some higher power our instincts kick in and we decide to follow those instincts when at other times we wouldn't have. This moment was one of those times for DeSean. Instead of recording like he normally he would have, something told him to go to the TCW website and take a look at it. Of course there were main headlines of the Road to Glory, TCW vs. FWR, links to past events, videos of several matches in the past, a couple of promos. He also saw links to he and Matt's video blogs none of that caught him off guard but another link did. A video link that said "ECF lives in TCW" he clicked on it.

*Matt let the shirt lay on the table in front of him as he sat back and pulled from a bag of pretzels. Those three letters meant a lot to him as a wrestler, but even more so as a fan. He caught on kind of late in the day, when the originators were now the usual. He remembers the originals, but they weren't "his". Matt's names were Nick Diamond. Unprettier. The Associates. Those were the memories this shirt conjured up.*

DeSean: You call dibs on this room?

Matt: Nah.

DeSean: So we're on speaking terms again are we?

"What the hell?" DeSean looked on puzzled it was the conversation that he and Matt had 10 minutes ago.

Matt: DeSean, I - I just don't have it in me right now to bother hating you. Cease fire. Time out. Whatever.

DeSean: Works for me. Where do I sign?

*DeSean walks over to Matt's table as Matt kicks out a chair for DeSean. DeSean sits down heavily, dropping his bag on the floor beside him. He cocks his head at Matt when he sees the ECF shirt.*

Matt: Mask.

*DeSean reaches down into his bag and pulls out a balled up shirt, tossing it onto the table.*

DeSean: Can't argue with a quantity discount.

"Son of a bitch, he got us again." DeSean wondered if Matt had seen the video but then realized that the Masked Man was probably looking at his reaction right now. He gathered himself and kept his emotions under control. Picking up his camera back up, he positioned it in front of him, grabbed the ECF shirt and draped it across his shoulder he then pressed record, without skipping a beat he began to speak.

"As you all know I came to TCW after I was released from the WWE but what you don't know is how I felt. There was a mixture of emotions because a dream that I had was crushed, I've been watching wrestling ever since I was a toddler. It was a Saturday Night's Main Event that I remember watching, all of the memories of early WCW and the WWF. So being cut really crushed my spirit but I soldiered on, became patient and I was signed to 411 wrestling and disappointment turned into determination, I had to prove myself all over again and I loved 411 a great promotion. Lance Canada, Squirm, Acid Jackrabbit, The RoXoRz, Shogun, RDV, Ultima, Coren, TI, Shadow, Jason Dante, Misfit. I know I'm missing some people and I do apologize if you're watching this now.

I signed during a weird period 411 was rebuilding, they were merged with ECF and I thought the merger would only be temporary but it was permanent and that wasn't a big deal. I liked ECF as well I can name a shitload of ECF legends. PD, Demolition Man, Rachel Hunter, Nemesis, Ghetto Grass, Dean Dyer, Diesel I can go on and on. Pyro fuck you guys know. I know a lot of you are shocked because I've always kinda been anti-tradition, new school, all about the new generation but that's not always the case. I appreciate the past, without the past there are no memories. For some reason and I'm not sure why ECF invokes a lot of emotion from a lot of people, more so than the numbers 411 I don't know why, maybe because ECF was truly an asylum run by the inmates but whatever the case may be ECF gets people talking."

DeSean takes another sip of Inca Kola and sits it back down.

"I remember on the ECW DVD how Paul Heyman said that it was fine to honor the past and those that come before them but there comes a time to move on. Which is weird because I don't see a lot of older ECW fans doing that, they're stuck in the past. This business evolves. ECW is no more but a certain promotion by the name of ROH that's all about honor and tradition has taken it's spot. There's an ECW brand that is a pretty solid one hour show with some great young talent. People are so caught up in a promotion that's dead that they're not appreciating what's in front of them people are wanting the WWE to go back to the Attitude era not appreciating that great wrestlers that‘s in front of them busting their asses to entertain them. I feel the same about ECF, ECF is gone, dead the only thing we have left are memories good or bad we have memories. But we have certain wrestlers who won't let sleeping dogs lie, they won't let go. Let's face it, I can put on a V mask, put this shirt on say I'm joining ECF and it won't matter. TCW isn't turning into ECF, Valerie Stern isn't leaving and no ECF wrestler is going to magically walk through those curtains.

We are in a war right now TCW vs. FWR not ECF vs. 411. It's time for us to step up and make our memories and trust me this promotion already has. TCW will be the first TCW not the next ECF or next 411 and that's my promise because I'm The Technician DeSean Blackwell, I am Pro Wrestling and that means I'm better than you."

DeSean threw the ECF shirt behind him and then showed the camera an TCW shirt before finally pressing the stop button. That would be enough for the night, tomorrow he'll shoot some footage here and there and then give the webmasters the footage but now he was going to take his tired ass to bed.

He carried that digital camera with him everywhere ever since the little stunt that Masked Man pulled. DeSean thought it would be wise to carry his digital camera everywhere including the restroom. As we head inside, we can hear the sound of a toilet flushing as DeSean walks out. He walks over to the sink and goes to wash his hands, once he finishes he dries his hands off and looks at himself in the mirror. Closing his eyes, he slowly turns around he feels another prescience in the room.

"Ok, I know you're in here so just come out. Let's get this over with cosplay"

DeSean leaned against the sink surprisingly relaxed given the circumstances then again if the Masked Man was going to attack him, he would have done it already. He didn't have to wait long as the Masked Man opened the stall door and appeared in front of him.

"You know you don't have to hide and play mind games all the time, you can always just approach someone face to face." DeSean said

"You should know by now DeSean the conventional method isn't how I do things" the Masked Man replied back.

"I figured that by now, so I know you were watching me and Matt talking but did you see my answer that I gave to the camera and what millions of people will soon see?" DeSean showed the Masked one the camera before it pulling it back and keeping it in his arms.

"Yes I did and I have to say I'm a little disappointment. I thought that you were looking for a challenged, something to fight for. To regain that passion you once had but now lost due to...." DeSean didn't let the Masked Man finish the sentence.

"Due to me, it's my fault that I lost that fire that was within me and I may never get it back but I know that trying to resurrect an dead promotion isn't going bring it back. In the end it's up to me, in the end I make my own decisions. It's up to me to become motivated not anyone else and I can't blame anyone else either. If the prospect of winning a world title doesn't get me motivated then I don't need to be in this business anymore. So thanks but no thanks, I'm TCW now."

DeSean walked away from the Masked Man before he could retort, when he was a couple of feet away from the bathroom he turned and the Masked Man was gone. Smiling DeSean turned back around and pressed the stop button on his digital camera now he had one more stop to make.

"What's up everyone, Strikmore here today we're going to say hey to some of the boys in the back."

Matt walked around backstage looking for someone to interview but really found no one which he should be used to by now. Only a couple of people really stayed backstage, a lot of the wrestlers would just show up out of thin air usually an hour before the show and then pretend they've been in the arena the entire time.

"Well I can't find anyone right now, I shouldn't be surprised but yet I am where the hell is everyone?"

"In their beds having sweet dreams"

Matt pointed his camera at DeSean who had his camera pointed at Matt both men filming each other.

"Why are you interrupting my air time?" Matt asked DeSean.

"I'm not you can easily just turn that camera off." DeSean replied back.

"Why so you can get all the hits, I don't think so." Matt said,

"You know me all to well partner"

"Former partner"

"Still holding a grudge I see." DeSean said as he zoomed on Matt's face.

"I already explained to you why that is" Matt replied back still recording.

"Yes you have and I respect you for it. You're absolutely right you are more confident than I am. I can't go on raw potential anymore but you forgot one thing."

"What's that DeSean?"

"I don't half ass it never have never will and I'll be damned if I'm just going to let you throw me over the top rope, if I'm going over you're going with me. I decide when I want to hang it up, not you."

"Is that it? We've heard this before DeSean, I don't believe you though. I don't think you have the guts to do it." Matt fired back.

"I have guts but what the fuck do you have Matt? I work my ass off everyday and what do I hear "Oh Matt, he's so great, he's different because he's normal. No gimmicks, just Matt Strikmore a kid who grew up in New Jersey and trained his ass off to be a wrestler. Stands out because he's normal" well fuck that what about me! 4 years, 4 fucking years! I worked my ass off, 18 years old fresh out of high school. You don't get world title shots in your rookie year being lazy. I came up through the Indies too! PWG, FIP, ROH, IWA-MS, AAW, CWF-MA, Chikara Pro, Jersey-All Pro, Japan, Europe" DeSean got more excited.

"So did I DeSean so what you're jealous now? Is that what you're saying this whole beef between you and me is jealousy?" Matt asked.

"No, I'm not jealous I'm a Matt Strikmore fan. But me and you are one in the same, I'm normal I don't have any gimmicks, I'm an athlete, you're an athlete. We both trained in a wrestling school, we both gained an reputation in the Indies. We're one of the few motherfuckers who trained to become wrestlers to join this business, we slept, we ate, we bled for this business just to get noticed. We're not fighters, we're not trained killers, we're wrestlers." DeSean said as he kept filming Matt.

"Then show me then, DeSean. Where's the fire? The heart, the determination? What's with this I can't bullshit?" Matt asked.

"When the fuck have you ever heard the words I can't come out of my mouth?"

"I don't have to hear it, I see it in your eyes"'

"Oh fuck you Matt, you don't see shit and come Road to Glory I'll show you firsthand." DeSean said still filming.

"Good, I'm looking forward to it Sean. That‘s what I've been wanting to hear" Matt fired back.

Both men pressed stop on their cameras and lowered them, DeSean walked up to Matt and stood face to face with him. Neither man said a word as DeSean formed a fist with his hand. Matt did the same thing ready for a DeSean attack, instead DeSean shook his head and outstretched his hand looking for an handshake.

"Good luck" DeSean told Matt. Matt could see DeSean looking ahead of him, eyeing the ECF T-Shirt that's behind him.

"I trust you'll do what you believe is right Matt, you always do" DeSean told him as he walked away. Matt looked at the T-shirt with the red ECF letters on it next to it was a white T-Shirt that had in red the letters TCW on it. Matt looked at both T-shirts not noticing the Masked figure that watched from the distance.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:46 am
Profile E-mail
Under Carder

The crowd bustles in the arena. Its the last TCW house show before Road To Glory. There is a charge in the air. The fans have been out on the streets running into the current stars of FWR & TCW all week, and there have even been some 411fed and ECF veterans floating about the place. Its all added to the big-time feel. There hasn't been something quite like this for a long time in professional wrestling. Nobody dares anticipate what way this weekend is going to play out. Tonight is a case in point. The last match is over. The people are just about to make their way to the exits when...

Work it, make it, do it,

Makes us harder, better, faster, stronger

The heavy beat reverberates throughout the arena. Fans who where half way down the aisle stop in their tracks as the lights go out. Flash photography lights up the arena.

N-n-now th-that don't kill me

Can only make me stronger

Red. Blood red. Dirty coppery blood red flashes from the tron. Three letters flash out into the darkness

E C F

I need you to hurry up now

Cause i can't wait much longer

The lights come back on and The Masked Man is in the middle of the ring. This illicites an interesting reaction from the crowd.

The younger members of the crowd, who are in the majority, start booing at this V-masked man with the ECF t-shirt. Some of them grab at their TCW t-shirts. Others go as far as throw their plastic glasses of beer at him.

But the older fans. Those that followed wrestling before the corporate powerhouse that is TCW came into existence. Those that remember the originators of violence. Those that aren't quite done with the past. They start a chant.

E C F

E C F

E C F

But the acolytes of TCW refuse to let this chant build, and instead begin a dueling chant of

TCW

TCW

TCW

Each section goads the other on, to great and greater extremes.

E C F

T C W

E C F

T C W

E C F

T C W

But no matter the reaction underneath, all the world can see is that ebony face grinning back at them. He holds up has hand. Lowers it slowly. The crowd, slightly mesmerized, follow suit by lowering the volume. The crowd is reduced to silence.

F W R

One sole FWR fanatic cheers the words. He's boo'd by everyone, who then burst out into laughter.

The Masked Man merely stands motionless until the crowd has again become silent.

Masked Man "Greetings, fans of this most brutal and beautiful of professional sports. You are now all live on TCW.com, while at least until Powers realises that I have broken into her feed and she shuts me off. But, most assuredly, that will be too late.

My return has not played out the way I expected it to, but then when do such things ever do. My interactions with Matt Strikemore and DeSean Blackwell have given me much to ponder.

Firstly, let me say this. I am a mere grizzled old veteran, and as such, know that it would be quite the unlikely feat to win such a glorious event as the Road To Glory. By entering into this undertaking, my hopes where to merely make my points and leave. Remind TCW where it came from. But these two young icons made me realize certain inevitabilities.

DeSean, you made me realize that no matter how hard I fight, I will never bring back ECF. It is, quite simply, an almost impossible fight. The Everest of uphill struggles. Valerie Stern will never consider returning ECF to its rightful place as the shining light of professional wrestling. You where correct in every point you made, DeSean...bar one.

I promise you now that one, just one ECF wrestler will walk through those curtains at the PPV. I know, because the contract that I signed years ago, the contract that is still very much valid and is the reason I can compete here in the first place is in the hands of Valerie Stern and it, I can assure you, is an ECF contract.

Matt Strikemore, I realized two things upon meeting you. Firstly, that I'd met the man who is going to win Road to Glory. Of this I have little doubt in my mind. I will repeat again what I said before.

I believe in Matt Strikemore.

Secondly, that there is ALWAYS a chance, ALWAYS, until the bell rings and the fat lady lady sings. So I will stay and fight for what I believe in. Fight for ECF. Fight for the company I helped build and the family I helped create.

My face may be masked, but you can still see my eyes. Look at my eyes. Look and know it was the truth when I say that I was done with this business. It was dead to me. I was happy to sit down for the rest of my life and love my wife and raise my 5 year old daughter.

But the need to live this life. Its never really dead. It never really goes away. I thought it was a sickness at first. They way it seeps into your bones. Its in my bones. It been there since the first time I stepped into the ring.

But age has led me to realize that its not a sickness.

It's a freedom. A freedom to be yourself. To be the person you where meant to be.

And just like wrestling is in my bones. ECF is in the bones of TCW. Its more than a memory. Its that spark of freedom that lies buried underneath the weight of this corporate world.

Remember, Valerie Powers. Remember, each and every star in that locker room.

Sometimes it only takes a single spark to light the fire."

The Masked Man then pulls out a bottle from his coat and starts squeezing something on to the ring, right over the TCW logo that branded onto the middle of it. And then from the other hand, he produces a box of matches. He lights it.

The lights go out. All we can see is the this match burning in the ring.

It drops.

And the ring is engulfed in fire. And the fire spells out three letters.

E C F

Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:05 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]