[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Havoc: Matt Strikmore vs DeSean Blackwell
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Havoc: Matt Strikmore vs DeSean Blackwell 
Commissioner

Post Havoc: Matt Strikmore vs DeSean Blackwell
As Friction's broadcast signal goes dead, Matt Strikmore is already pulling on his street clothes. There's been drama all over the ring tonight, and he's looking to get out early, and maybe catch a little shut-eye for once.

The lockerroom door creeks open, and in walks Jason Fragg.

<center>Image</center>

"Matt..."

Turning around, gym bag in hand, Strikmore smiles.

"Hey, Jason. Haven't seen you around much lately!"

A disgruntled look crosses Fragg's face.

"No, I, uh, I've been relegated to the lower rung of the ladder..."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, well, look. Watch out for DeSean... He's out there putting on a good show, acting like a hero, but Stern brought him back here for a reason. And you and her aren't exactly on the best terms right now. So just... watch your back, don't let anyone sneak up on you."

Strikmore thinks for a moment, then reaches forward to shake Fragg's hand.

"Thanks, Jason. It seems like every week, there's something new to watch out for around here..."

"Don't I know it. G'night, Matt."

"Later, Jason."

Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:11 pm
Too much time on my hands

DeSean sat by his locker clutching his chest, breathing heavily he stuffed his clothes in his duffel bag. He rubbed at his chest again, he was told that it was just bruising but he knew better than to trust that quack Thomas Baxter, tomorrow he planned on flying back to states to get a second opinion on his perceived injury but first it was time to head back to his hotel suite to relax but before he could even do that a red headed middle aged, ambitious woman stood right over him.

"Valerie?" DeSean looked up at her annoyed, she had a shit eating grin spread across her face as she looked down at him.

"Why the smile?" he asked her.

"Why not smile, it was a great show tonight, you had a great match against Inferno and Matt Strikmore had a great match against Purple Panther."

"And?" DeSean replied.

"And, you'll get your match against Matt Strikmore...next week at Havoc." Valerie said still grinning while DeSean rolled his eyes he got his match but it really wasn't the type of match that he wanted and he was injured.

"Havoc? That means it's not for the Transcontinental title."

"Yes but you're still the Aftershock champion you know the rules. You can't hold two single titles at the same time."

Still breathing heavily, DeSean looked up at her with an angry and annoyed look on his face.

"That's the dumbest fucking thing I heard in my life!"

"Well rules are rules, this isn't new! We're not changing it because you're a fucking belt mark. You're the Aftershock champion and you are supposed to be defending that belt!"

"Well guess what? I have plans for this belt and they're going to be huge. But I just feel this pain in my chest. I think it's serious, I'm flying to the states tomorrow and I'm going to see Dr. Andrews."

"Well hopefully, you'll get good news and the injury won't seriously hamper your career. The health of our workers are always #1 priority to us of course you already know that." DeSean already knew where Stern was going, he got the gist of it. If the injury was severe and he took time off, he was screwed in a nutshell.

"I do know that and I'm not hoping for an serious injury just being careful. I'm no good to this promotion if I'm hurt. Maybe he prescribe me some medication to dull the pain, hell maybe all I need is rest."

"Good, that's the spirit, go home, get some rest, and try to stay out of trouble" DeSean could hear in Stern's voice that she didn't care about DeSean's health or safety and it was more or less her way of saying "don't fuck this up for the company"

"I already had plans to stay at home, so no worries on that part.: I'll be on my best behavior."

"Good and Inferno?" Valerie asked quickly pointing at DeSean for whatever reason.

"I won't attack that piece of shit, until he attacks me."

"Good" she replied while leaving DeSean alone.

He laid back on the bench that sat underneath the lockers and put some ice packs on his chest, numbing the pain. Matt Strikmore again he thought to himself, this time he would need a different game plan if he wanted to beat him. The question is could he? He saw doubt creep up on him again. So in response he grabbed a knee pad out of his bag and threw at his imaginary alter ego, connecting and knocking him out.

"Fuck all that self doubt bullshit tonight, I don't have the time or patience for it." he said to himself. "I can beat Matt, I know I can"

It was late at night and the Peru sky was filled with stars as Matt drove his beat up rental car on the long stretch of highway from the arena to the hotel he beat Panther in a very hard fought match and who knows what would have happened if he hadn't gotten that flash rollup for a pin but in all honesty who cares? He won, it was a W in the record books and in the fans eyes he was a winner. Next up is DeSean, rival and former partner albeit against his will but they were a successful tag team who held the tag titles, some may argue that it had nothing to do with teamwork and more based on their individual talents which superseded any problems they had with each other. They met on one just once and Matt beat him cleanly, in DeSean's own specialty match and to add insult to injury, he beat DeSean with his own move. Forcing him to tap to the Leg Stretcher but now it was different this wasn't going to be some pure rules match. This will be a one on one match between two competitors who are similar in size and style, going at it no bullshit, no gimmicks, no angry ex girlfriends involved or at least he hoped just him and the man who called himself "The Technician."

What made things even more complicated is that DeSean had gone through some sort of metamorphosis' he wasn't the dickhead heel, who thought he was better than everyone else. He seemed more humble, still cocky as hell but nicer and the fans were taking a liking to him. His year long break from TCW, somehow changed him for the better but he knew better than to really trust him. He looked at the clock on the radio and realized how late it really was. The hotel and the Stadium were not that far from each other, maybe a 10, 15 minute ride but the car drove like shit. Courtesy of Valerie Stern, he thought to himself. "We're sorry, Mr. Strikmore the rental car that BMW that you ordered somehow, was misplaced but don't worry, we here at Rent-A-Car believe in customer service so when you get to Peru, you'll will have a replacement, courtesy of Rent-A-Crap and be sure to have a nice day." He turned on the radio, hoping to kill the dreary sound of the engine running but either the radio decided to just stop working or he was in a bad area. Then it happened "Boom!" he heard a loud noise come from the engine then the car started to slow down, he quickly pulled over as the car came slowly came to a halt. He gave it gas but it didn't go no further, he cut off and then cranked it again but nothing happened.

"This can't be happening, not now" he said to himself. He stepped out of the shitty automobile, cutting on his hazard lights and tying a piece of white string on the antenna. He popped open the hood and looked at the engine, there was smoke everywhere and he knew right then and there the engine was blown.

"Now what?" he thought to himself.

Bo Diddley buys baby diamond ring
if that diamond ring don't shine
Bo's gonna take it to a private eye
if that private I can't see
even not take a ring from me

DeSean tapped his finger on the steering wheel of his BMW rental car to Bo Diddley, for whatever reason he's been on some 50s/60 rock & roll kick. So Buddy Holly, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bill Haley, Elvis The Spencer Davis Group and others have been playing from the speakers. He drove down the long stretch of highway, listening and singing the lyrics to Hold Tight.

Hold tight, count to three,
Gotta stay close by me
Hold tight, something said
You can't ride me now, tight now
I don't know the words, I cannot lie
You something fall, hold tight, hold tight

He began drumming on the steering wheel and playing air guitar during the solo, speeding like hell. In fact going so fast, that he almost passed Strikmore who still stranded on the side of the road with his thumb stuck in the air. DeSean slowed down to a screeching halt and rolled down the window.
"Hey why are you stuck on the side of the road?"

With his thumb still in the air, Matt Strikmore responded.

"The car stopped running"

"Need a jump?"

"No it's the engine"

"Oh, that sucks I'm headed to the hotel, need a ride?"

"I'm fine" DeSean looked at Matt and could tell he wasn't ok. Why else would he be hitchhiking if he didn't need a ride? Matt on the other hand remembered Fragg's words and knew that DeSean couldn't be trusted, Valerie clearly had it out for him and it was clear that DeSean wanted to avenge his loss and get that Transcontinental title, so of course he was a little reserved and his guard would be up. DeSean tried to ease Matt's fears and reassure to him, that he could trust him at least for one night.

"You don't have to hitchhike, you'll be out here night, look I promise I won't attack you. I'm in no condition to attack you, the minute I hit my room, I'm going to pass out on my bed. Man to man, from partner to partner I promise you, you can trust me. Just get in the car, it'll be ok." DeSean continued to wave his hand asking Matt to get in the car. Matt stood there and looked at DeSean, he contemplated just staying outside but he was tired and wanted to be in his bed so he took him up on his offer. He grabbed his bag and threw it in the backseat of the car before getting in himself. DeSean put his foot on the gas and drove off.

"Was that so hard?"

"Actually it was, no offense but you're not the trustworthy guy in the world"

"None taken but if you have a hard time trusting me why did you get in the car?"

"Because I don't feel like walking."

"I don't blame you"

There was an awkward pause in between, until Matt noticed something.

"Is this a BMW?"

"Yea it is, an X6 why?"

"Nothing, just wondering. Who did you rent it from?"

"Rent-A-Car'

"Interesting" Matt said under his breath.
"What is it?"

"Nothing, so why are you helping me?"

"Because I respect you....but that's not really why."

"I figured that"

"Yea it's because Valerie Stern is fucking us both over, worse than she fucks David Hardy. I think it‘s time that the boys in the back say enough is enough and...."

"Did you just miss your exit?" Matt asked with an concern look on his face.

"Yea I did but I'll get off at the next one" DeSean answered flippantly.

"OK and where do you go from there?"

"Look I'm sure I can hop right back on the highway once I turn on this exit"

DeSean turned right and stopped at the red light and that's when it happened. Once the light turned green DeSean applied pressure to the gas, he accelerated forward but the car started to sputter. He pressed his foot down hard on the gas but the car wouldn't move. He looked over at Matt who just threw his hands up.

"Did you put gas in the car?"

"No well I planned to but it was on a quarter of a tank, when I left the hotel."

"Do you see a gas station around here?"

"No, we're in the middle of nowhere, if that's what you're getting at. The next gas station is probably a couple of miles away from here."

"So we walk?"

"Yea I guess so"

They both stepped out of the car, looked at the car and looked at each other neither one really felt like walking but if they were both going to make it in their respective beds they would have to, so that's what they did but first DeSean had to turn around and express his frustration.

"Economically efficient my ass!"

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:51 am
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:01 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]