[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Havoc: Darkness & Freya vs Kermit & Inferno
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:47 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Havoc: Darkness & Freya vs Kermit & Inferno 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Havoc: Darkness & Freya vs Kermit & Inferno
:afroking:

Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:15 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

She bristled with barely-suppressed anger. Had she been in lupine form, the hairs standing on end would have made her look twice her normal size. It's difficult to storm anywhere intimidatingly when you weigh less than one-hundred-and-fifty pounds, but Freya made a pretty good job of it anyway. All the way through the hotel lobby, past leafy potted plants and marble columns, pausing briefly to ride the lift to the top floor, then stepping out and continuing her furious course down the carpeted corridor that led to the imposing suite where she knew she would find the target of her rage.

The door might just have been unlocked, or maybe the force with which she pushed it open had caused the lock to break or, somehow sensing her primal anger, stop working for its own safety.

She eyeballed the suite. It was empty. Wolfless. All the usual furnishings were present in the sitting room. Nice sofas, little end tables with pretty things on them. She could smell that The Children had been there recently, but see that they were very much not there now.

Maybe they all left for Natal without me, she thought, but then dismissed it. Her anger required resolution: she wouldn't allow herself to consider the possibility that she might be cheated of it by something as miniscule as inconsiderate scheduling.

After a few seconds of standing there, fuming, a faint sound reached Freya's ears. She turned and growled at the air, and then followed the noise through a door and into the largest bedroom. The bed was unused, but she recognised the few personal effects and detritus scattered around - the two massive belts were kind of a give away too. The sound was coming from behind another door and she didn't stop to place the wet, whooshing noise, or consider what a room adjacent to a bedroom in a hotel would naturally be. Instead, she just flung the door open.

In the mirror on the wall opposite her, she caught sight of a broad, muscular back. Water and soap gleamed on lean flesh. She couldn't stop her eyes snapping back to the figure standing in the shower who looked at her askance with steel-grey eyes.

"Oh bollocks...uh...I mean...not...shit..."

Freya spun around, slamming the door behind her and leaning against it, her face flushed bright red. Behind her, she heard the shower being shut off and the sound of a towel being strategically flung. The door opened and she stepped away, holding her hands up.

"You can turn around, Freya."

She did so, seeing that Darkness was now clutching a towel around his waist with his good hand, while his left arm hung limp and useless at his side. He was otherwise naked, his chest still soapy. ‘WALK ALONE' it told her. She had seen Darkness shirtless every time he came to the ring. She'd wrestled him shirtless, but somehow he looked a lot more naked now than he did then.

"Um..."

"I thought I locked that door," he mused, but then immediately changed the subject. "You wanted something?"

"No."

"So why did you interrupt my shower?"

He didn't seem in the least bit embarrassed about the situation. His gaze was earnest. Without his black paint, his face looked a little bare, like an unfurnished room, and the livid white scars hardly made up for it.

Freya tried to recover herself. "I wanted to talk to you about what happened at Friction."

"Can it wait?"

Some of her temporarily forgotten anger returned. "No, no it can't. I've got a bone to pick with you!" She had rehearsed some of this on her way here, but now it wasn't coming out so smoothly.

"Oh?"

"What do you think you're doing, going out and challenging Kermit like that?"

"You seemed a little busy at the time."

"That's right! Because I had a match: a reason to be there at all! He was asking for me - did you think you were doing me a favour?"

Darkness lifted an eyebrow mildly. "It had nothing to do with you, Freya."

"I..." That wasn't actually the answer she'd been expecting. "It didn't?"

"No. Stern has decided she's going to keep me off TV as much as possible. And, as we've discussed, I have come to the conclusion that this isn't a Good Thing."

"So what's that got to do with me...uh...with Kermit, I mean?"

"I needed a challenger for my titles. Without one, Stern can keep me off TV indefinitely - in theory, she could even strip me of the belts if I go too long without defending them."

"Oh..."

"You were expecting a more selfless reason, weren't you?"

"I assumed it would be something bull-headedly heroic, yes."

He smiled. "You know me so well. But you were wrong this time. Broadly, anyway. I mean, we both know why I need to stay in the public eye..."

"Good. I thought for a second that the world had gone insane. Darkness doing something selfish...the centre cannot hold..."

"Quite." He gave her a meaningful look.

"What?"

"I'm dripping all over this outrageously expensive carpet. If you don't mind, I'd like to get dry before we continue this conversation."

"Oh. Right. Yes." She tried to affect the same nonchalance he was showing, but it didn't come off quite as well. With an embarrassed smile, she exited the room, closing the door quickly.

"Things we have learnt today:" she said to herself quietly, "it is hard to talk to naked men when you haven't had any action in...a while..."

Izumi had been watching Friction carefully. The news about Matt Strikmore had not been entirely welcome, but she was confident that, given the right training, Inferno could live up to the reputation Stern insisted on affording him. Strikmore was just a man, and she wouldn't have sought out Inferno if she didn't think he was the kind of creature that made short work of mere men.

Something else on the show had caught her attention though. She didn't yet know why it seemed so important - maybe because he had claimed to have some connection to Freya? Either way, she had made it her business to research this Kermit fellow.

Izumi was in her own hotel room. The lights were out and so the small TV screen took up all her vision. She knew who Kermit was - she was a wrestling nerd, after all, which was exactly why she had been chosen for this mission - but she had never paid him much attention before. Who was he, and why did Darkness think he was a worthy opponent?

A small pile of tapes teetered, Pisa-like, next to the TV. Most of the early stuff wasn't that interesting. LBA? Somehow she didn't think that was why Darkness was going after him.

What was the deal with the hand anyway? Was it a coincidence that Darkness came to the ring with that prosthetic for the first time in his first (and virtually only) encounter with Kermit? The small girl shook her head. She was getting paranoid now, she supposed, seeing connections everywhere.

By now she was at the very end of the last tape: Kermit's last match before his injury - the match in which he had been injured, in fact.

Freya. She was obviously the key.

On the screen, Freya bounced back off the opposite ropes and tried a tornado DDT, going high into the air, but Kermit reversed in mid rotation and dumped her over the ropes and out of the ring. He grabbed the ropes and immediately vaulted over, crashing into Freya with a slingshot body press.

"This one has spilled out of the ring," Tex droned, "There are no disqualifications in this match, so there won't be anyone getting counted out."

"They might fight through the entire arena!" Banter sounded excited.

Isaiah Cain was his usual measured self. "Or all of Vegas, if they feel so inclined."

Kermit was first up and whipped Freya into the guardrail. He charged and clotheslined her over and into the crowd.

"It looks like your prediction may be right, Banter..." Tex said, making it sound like he was conceding only grudgingly. The two men were best friends off the air, but they had been affecting this rivalry for years, and they weren't about to stop now.

So, apparently Freya really could tangle with the boys. Of course, Izumi had seen what happened with Inferno, but she had been content to put it down to luck at first. Now she wasn't so sure.

Kermit took control now, stomping Freya down and leading her up into the crowd again. The fans were cheering at the wanton destruction on display as Kermit signalled and lifted Freya up, going for another powerbomb, but one which would drive her down into the concrete steps at their feet. He brought her down, but Freya reversed, spinning Kermit through the air with a hurracanrana that sent him tumbling down the steps to land in a heap on the floor. He tried to stand up, but fell backwards to land flat out on the floor instead.

"This match is intense back-and-forth action," Tex observed, "Freya has taken Kermit out it seems."

"That fall down the steps was a pretty nasty tumble," Cain agreed, "She needs to press her advantage and finish this one."

Seeing an opportunity, Freya pulled herself back together and ran along the row of seats, pushing fans out of the way. She climbed over another rail and now found herself standing on a ledge some ten feet above Kermit, overlooking the Bleeder Champion far below. She paused for a second, waiting for the fans to get behind her, before throwing herself off, spinning through the air multiple times in what ended up being a 810 degree splash. She landed on Kermit and the crowd cheered wildly, but both wrestlers were left feeling the effects of the death-defying move.

"Incredible manoeuvre!" Tex sounded like he was about to have a stroke.

"A huge, high-risk move from Freya, and I think that's the end of Kermit, but it's also taken its toll on Freya!" Cain wasn't much better, come to think of it.

Izumi was impressed, but it was late and she didn't have all night. She hit fast-forward, watching Kermit and Freya chase each throughout the ringside area in a kind of bloody, violent parody of Benny Hill. She sensed the end was near and pressed play again.

"Oh! Now Freya is bleeding!" Tex cried in a voice growing increasingly hoarse.

"Kermit took her out with that belt," Cain explained, as if for Izumi's benefit, "which is perfectly legal in this match, and this one is now surely academic!"

Kermit threw himself on top of her...

One...

Two...

Thre...no! Freya had actually kicked out!

"No! What toughness and willpower we are seeing from this young woman tonight?!" Tex asked no one in particular. Izumi just rolled her eyes.

Kermit apparently couldn't believe it and he collapsed down beside the ropes. He'd lost a lot of blood now too and wiped the dark liquid from his eyes as he watched Freya roll over onto her side, clutching at her own bloody forehead.

"Both of these competitors are losing blood," Cain said, evidently reaching for the blind demographic, "They've fought all across the arena and they look exhausted, but one of them must triumph and whichever of them it is will walk out of this match the Bleeder Champion." And the ‘don't-pay-attention-to-announcements' demographic too.

"I don't think anyone's walking out of this match..." Banter added in a rare moment of clarity.

Kermit now made his way to his feet using the ropes. He stalked Freya...

"It looks like he's going for the Kermit Kick!" Cain almost screamed.

He did too. But Freya ducked the attack and, as he spun around, jumped up onto his back and floored him with the Lung Blower. Tex echoed the move's name over and over as Freya hooked Kermit's leg.

"And that's all she wrote," Izumi sighed, not even waiting for the bell to press stop on her remote.

That explained how Kermit had gotten injured then, but what had he been up to in the meantime? And what did it have to do with Darkness?

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

A man once said "Hell is empty and all the devils are here". Strange how I remember this quote now, after it would have been useful to keep in my head. And while I am sure the Bard was making some comment on humanity, I must wonder if he ever realized how literally correct he was. I doubt it. To be honest, there are times I wonder if what I
experienced was just a prolonged delusion induced by the high quantities of alcohol I was imbibing when the whole thing began. But that was then, and you know all about those lovely few months of insanity. Things have changed since that brunette slammed her knees into my spine. They changed a whole lot.

-------------------------------------------

Six months ago.
Chicago, IL.

"... and then they scared off the Fraggles down by the docks. I swear Boss; this new gang has got people talking war."

"And you didn't make a move?"

Fozzinini was sitting next to Kermit's hospital bed recounting the events in Chicago over the past couple of months while Kermit was away. A jumbled mess of papers sat on Fozz's lap, no doubt to help him remember all the details as the large man was not likely to win Jeopardy anytime soon. Kermit lay in his bed, slightly propped up to give him a better view of the room. For the past month after his injury, the mob boss had been drifting in and out of lucid thought. High quality, high strength pain medication can do that too you. This was one of the first chances he had to get refreshed on the status of his empire, one he bleed for, stole for, and killed for. Janice sat on the other side of his bed, gently holding his hand in hers.

"Well....I didn't think I had that authority. Everything was so chaotic without you or Gonz around."

Kermit's mouth tightened at the mention of his good friend. The mentor was a few rooms away and Kermit had not been able to see him yet, nor did he really want to. The man was paralyzed, and Kermit knew who did it. But despite not being there, or even knowing what happened or how he could have even stopped it, Kermit blamed himself. His involvement, no matter how unwilling, lead to the crippled condition his friend was now in. And until he made his peace with himself, he could not face his friend.

"For future reference Fozz, you are third in our little chain of command. And if Gonz isn't around, and I'm not around, you make the judgment calls okay?"

The bear of a man looked a mix of pleasure at being considered that important in the Gambono family, and nervousness at knowing he might, and probably would, make the wrong choice if the time came.

"Thanks Boss. Yea, so this new gang calls themselves Avenue Q, don't know why. It's kind of a weird name since I don't know of any Avenue Q in Chicago, and certainly not one by the docks."

"They are fucking with us Fozz, that's what the name means. They must be either crazy or suicidal to not only try to take our territory, but also mock me in that fashion. Okay, here's what you are going to do Fozz. Put word on the streets that Avenue Q are marked men. Anybody who deals with them becomes marked in the process. You know where Gonz keeps his contact list right?"

The big man nodded, knowing full well what that list held.

"Good. Get it and make some calls. Get Rowlf on task to find out who leads these bastards. Once he knows, well, he should know the next step."

"Okay, I'm on it."

Fozzinini got up to leave, gripping the mass of personal notes in his large, meaty hand.

"One more thing Boss."

"Hmm?"

"Glad you're okay."

"Well I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm close. Thanks Fozz."

Fozzinini smiled and nodded before leaving the room. Kermit sighed and closed his eyes. Out of the firing pan and into the fire. But at least here, as opposed to TCW, he knew the type of enemies he had. Mortal men with mortal weaknesses and vices that are easy to exploit. He knew this world and was comfortable in it. Janice squeezed his hand slightly, causing the mob boss to open his eyes.

"You okay hun?"

She nodded with tight lips as she gazed outside the window. Every since she came back, she's been like this.

And that concerned him.

---------------------------------

Three months later

The boardroom of Henson Towers was packed. Fozzinini, Rowlfski, Dr. Honeydew, anybody who was anybody within Kermit's organization was present. And why shouldn't they be? The boss was back and he had plans.

"Okay folks, here's the deal. Yes, I have been neglecting this family while I was pre-occupied with TCW. And no, that will not change....much. I was humiliated on live TV, and that's an insult I will not allow to be my last image on that screen. Payback is coming, but at the same time, business must continue. So get that clear in your head, I am going back to TCW. But also understand that I will be more available to attend to matters at home."

A few people shuffled at the table and looked around with a nervous glint. Kermit expected as much. But that was just the tip of the iceberg.

"Besides that, we need to make some changes around here. I've had a lot of time to think lately, and I realized that we lost our way. Back in the old days, Don's like my father and others got their power and their income from tried and true methods. Rackets, unions, contacts, gambling, and all the other things that proud men will never admit they use, but do so anyway. Now what are we doing? Dealing dope on the streets? Contracting out to pimps? Charging people protection, then not delivering? This isn't the way people."

"So what? We are rolling in dough here?" spoke a large man sitting at the back of the table.

"What's you name again?"

"Sweet Boss. Just Sweet."

"Okay Sweet, this is what we are going to do. Number one, the Fraggles are gone. As in right now, the Gambono family deals no more drugs."

Outcry rose up around the table. The older gentlemen, those who remember the days of yore, all spoke in support of this. While the newer members objected.

"Settle down! This is not up for discussion. The drugs are out, and anybody dealing them faces me. Got it? I will no longer allow that filth in my streets. And the pimps are out too. Any girl that's willing to get away from those jackasses gets sent to Piggy. Those that aren't? Well, they need to find a new line of work got it? Plus! Before anybody here sets up a protection racket, they go through Fozzinini. And you damn well better follow through on this from now on. You are taking their money, which is good, but you will keep that business or home safe from now on."

"This is bullshit!" shouted a small man at the table.

"You got a problem with this Pepe?"

"You are damn right I do! A lot of us get our green from that shit, no what are we supposed to do?"

"Fine a different way to make yourself useful. Henson Tech needs more people, Fozzinini will need folks to back him up, and I am eager to get these Avenue Q fuckheads out of Chicago. Take your pick shrimpy."

Pepe seethed in his chair, but kept quiet.

"And that's just the beginning. More changes will come, but I want to assure you all of this. While we will lose some of our illegal income, future plans will grant us even more money legally in the future. If you don't have faith, then pack your bags and find a new city. But if you are willing to tighten your belts a bit and go with me on this, I promise you the investment will be more than worth it. That's all for now, go spread the word."

Grumbles and mutters filled the room as the masses rose and made their way towards the door.

"Dr. Honeydew? A moment please."

The bald be speckled man look a bit confused, but stayed behind. Once everyone was gone, Kermit signaled him over into his office. He sat down behind his desk and signaled for Honeydew to sit opposite.

"You're a smart man Bunson. Really smart in fact."

Bunson smiled at the recognition.

"This is why I have a special assignment for you. But understand, this will only be known by you and by me. I need you to keep this absolutely secret. Can you do that?"

"Well, that would depend on the project itself. While I have no doubt what activities my employer is involved in, I would rather not dirty my hands past mere association. Anything further could jeopardize whatever discoveries I stumble upon."

"Trust me Bunson, if this works out, your name could very well sit next to Einstein or Curie in history books."

"Oooh....that would be quite a feat. So tell me Kermit, what is this project."

"What do you know of vampires?"

Dr. Honeydew was quiet.

"Well?"

"Please tell me you are not serious about this Kermit?"

"Dead serious. What do you know about them?"

"They don't exist."

"What if I were to tell you they do."

"I would think you are crazy. Again."

Kermit couldn't help it, he laughed.

"I am not crazy Bunson. Well, at least I think not. But anyway yes, they do exist. I've seen them, I've fought them, albeit badly. Hence why I want you to work on this."

"I am not going to waste my valuable time and resources to chase wild goose tails Kermit! Even if you pay my salary or not! I am an educated and intelligent man. Such fairy tales are beneath me. In fact, I am insulted!"

"Bunson! I am not trying to offend you. In fact, I don't even want you to start researching this now. I just want you ready to work on this should I need it."

Dr. Honeydew appears unconvinced.

"Look, if I get you a subject to experiment with, will you drop all your other projects in favor of this?"

"I will not experiment on living people Kermit. That would violate..."

"Trust me Bunson" Kermit interrupted "If I can get you one, you will know immediately that it is not a living person. Just have a secure lab ready okay? And keep quiet about all this."

"Okay. Let's say I believe you. What do you want out it?"

Kermit leaned back in his chair.

"Well, two things. First, what medical advances could be made and how those advances could generate more money. Secondly, I want them all dead."

"If I know my fairy tales, aren't they already dead?"

"Yes, but you know what I mean."

"Sure...okay, well I will keep quiet about this then. But I warn you Kermit, boss or not, if this is a delusion, I will turn you over to the authorities if you bring me back a living person and demand I experiment. "

"Fair enough."

---------------------------------

So here I stand, face to face with Darkness. In more than one sense truth be told. While the psychical man calling himself Darkness stood before me, so did the overwhelming Darkness I now see in this world. Despite my courage and mental preparation to the task I set for myself, now is do or die. I can turn around, head back home, and live my old life. Or I can dive headlong into this other world, a world that nearly killed me before. But then I was unprepared. I was blindsided and caught off guard. Sure, they danced me around like a puppet on a string, but I fought back. And if I could do that while out of my element, think of what I could when focused. And this man with black paint was my new key. Freya was a good first choice. We had history and she knew what I went through. But Darkness is the big dog. Sure, I can't just ask him to help me, but if this guy is anything like Dante and Freya, trouble will find him.

I can use this.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:59 pm

Tha-thump. Tha-thump.

Her heartbeat always seemed to grow louder when she neared him. Why did she get like this? She certainly was not afraid of him, after all. Before anything else, before she left to continue her investigation, she had to speak with him. It was a stroke of luck they were in the same hotel.

She reached for the doorknob, hoping he hadn't locked it.

And for once, luck was on her side.

Slowly, as if walking into the den of the beast, she let the door open. At a time like this the creaking of the door seemed like the loudest thing on Earth.

The hotel room was simple, but messy. Certainly unlike the rooms of the other stars. There were no luxury options here, the owner did not care for those. A bag and a gold belt had been thrown without care onto the bed. The TV prominently displayed a spiderweb crack, and the wall behind it had several indentations. She could smell fresh sheetrock dust from within.

There he was, the dark shape, standing at the window. The light of the first-quarter moon reflected off of his mask and lit up the eyes, making them like true cat's eyes. There was silence from the shape, except for a heavy breathing. Then...

"Do you know why you lost?"

The monster heard those words, spoken, as he slowly turned his head towards her, and then turned back towards the light of the moon.

"Do you know why you lost, Inferno?"

The petite shape of the girl approached Inferno. Brushing her hair out of her eyes, the young Japanese girl stood behind him, silently, waiting for an answer. His posture and breathing visibly still showed signs of the struggle he had fought in front of thousands.

No answer ever came, just the same breathing, the same staring into the light.

"You lost because you aren't at your peak, after all." she told him.

Still no answer.

"You have the power--the sheer brute force--but not the same experience she has," Izumi said flatly. Her voice spoke his disappointment for him. "One mistake...and it was over. All the strength in the world won't mean anything if you aren't using it right, Inferno. You need to, if you hope to keep that belt."

She raised her hand, and swallowed, hard, before wiping her forehead. Was it getting hotter in here? "I thought you should know you'll have a second chance against her...and Darkness. You'll have to team with Kermit, though."

She reached out a hand to place on his shoulder. "I can help you prepare. Also, during your match, I wanted to know if-"

She never saw the movement, but she saw the glass shards that flew through the air as a result. One passed her face, close enough for her to see it gleam in the moonlight.

Inferno's fist trembled as it withdrew. The cat eyes stared into it, as it had been near skewered by the very window he'd just broken. His breathing was heavy as pure hatred, pure anger radiated off of his body.

Izumi immediately put the hand back down, afraid to touch him, for she feared he was like a bomb ready to set off if disturbed, and continued...

"I wanted to know if...if you saw anything. Anything unusual...like I asked?"

The monster slowly turned around, now training his eyes on her. The fist looked like it had turned into a wet, crimson gauntlet, with deadly spikes sticking out of it. It shook dangerously, as if it couldn't decide to rip into her or not.

"No." He growled finally, the single syllable forced out of his mouth, and he turned away from her.

"That is fine."

She turned around, and walked out without a further word. For now, it would be best to leave him alone.

Meeting Kermit was the priority now. She'd have to explain the tag team match and everything, while asking him about Darkness--and Freya.

Of course, if she couldn't learn anything like that, she always had her secondary method to fall back on...

--------------------

"So Kermit's back..." Freya thought to herself. It had been long, too long, since she'd last spoken to Kermit. An annoyed feeling over his words in the ring mixed in with a tinge of guilt...

And now Darkness would be faci-

"Hello," her cousin's voice said.

"Erf...hi..." Freya said startled, sitting up quickly in her seat, looking at Lir.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Oh, er, nothing important," Freya quickly said, shaking her head. Her eyes found a piece of paper his fist was clutching. "What's that?"

He read the paper for a moment before offering it to Freya. "The match fixtures for Havoc were posted, so I figured I'd do you a favor and grab them early for you. Of course it figures you'd end up against Inferno again..."

Freya's hand took the slip of paper and read it.

The Mark of Silence vs Atomic Welfare

Macho Man vs Steelfist

Highone vs David Hardy

Darkness & Freya vs Kermit & Inferno

"I don't get what Kermit was going on about all that time, but I guess he gets to have a match with you after all..." he said.

Freya let out a long sigh. "Simply put...I was the one who put him out of action, and he has all the reason in the world to hate me for it. I almost ended his career."

"No kidding?" Lir looked surprised.

"I never got in touch with him after the Endgame match. I thought I'd apologize, but it seems he's made up his mind about me." Freya shook her head. "It's been too long, at this point he probably just wants to do the same to me."

"You should at least try..." Lir offered.

"Perhaps. I don't expect he'll accept," she said.

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:06 pm
Profile YIM
World Champ

Freya wandered the corridors of the arena where, the day before, Friction had taken place. She doubted she'd find Kermit here but, not knowing where his headquarters might be, this seemed like the best place to start.

"This Kermit guy," Lir said slowly, back in the hotel room, "does he know what you are?"

Freya pulled her jumper over her head. "Yes. Why?"

He seemed to be dancing around something. Freya looked up from where she was wiggling her feet into her trainers. "Do you think he'd rat me out?"

"I don't know," he shrugged, pulling Freya's hair out from where it had gotten caught in the beck of her jumper, "I thought you knew him."

"I know I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him with anything else." She saw the worried look on her cousin's face that comment caused. "I think he'll realise this is important though. I'll sort it." She gave him a reassuring smile before leaving the room.

The sign on the door still said ‘Kermit'; apparently calling her out during the show had required him to have a locker room. Freya knocked on the door but, when no answer came, she just went ahead and opened it, surprised to find it unlocked.

The room was empty. There was no sign that Kermit had even been there and it looked like the cleaners had already been in too. She spent about thirty seconds looking around for any evidence of where Kermit might have gone next, but she could tell, mostly from the strong smell of disinfectant that clogged her nose, that the arena's staff had done a pretty thorough job. She stepped back out of the room and let the door shut behind her. Leaning against the corridor wall, she sighed. She didn't know where to try next. Perhaps the front desk would tell her where he was staying? As she walked along, something made her pause. She sniffed the air experimentally. Sweat from her colleagues, grease from the equipment, food. There was more though...

Hate. Anger.

She looked around to see who it could be coming from. There was a darkened corridor just where she was standing.

She stood, looking into the shadows, and sniffed again. If any human could smell what she could - the towering, black rage, the barely-repressed loathing - they would probably think it was a demon. Freya knew better.

"Come out, Inferno. I'm not stepping into the dark with you."

The hulking figure roared out of the shadows with catlike speed. He had Freya around the throat before she could react.

"I didn't break you in the ring, but I will now..."

Darkness looked around at the group of werewolves lazing over the waiting area's chairs. As a species, they seemed to have perfected the art of dominating a given space with a kind of slovenly grace. It reminded him of nothing so much as an Alsatian taking up a whole rug.

Revenant was sitting with Galadd, Eoin and Gawain. Cai, Ogier, Peredur and Tilpin were huddled together on the opposite side, deep in conversation about something. Gwen looked slightly odd sitting with Huon and Hruod, her white hair contrasting with the dark-haired twins on either side of her. Around the group was a ring of empty chairs; the other passengers instinctively keeping their distance from the strange band.

Darkness furrowed his brow. There were some missing. Just as he looked around, the absentees appeared. Llenlleawg and Lir came around a corner. The youngest werewolf shot Darkness a brief look before taking a seat behind Gwen and the brothers.

An announcement sounded over the public address system in Portuguese.

"Our flight's ready," Gwen translated before the English version started anyway.

"Wasn't Freya meant to be on this flight?" Darkness asked, standing.

Gwen glanced around, checking she wasn't there, though Darkness suspected that was mostly for his benefit, since she would have smelt the Bleeder Champion automatically anyway. "You know what she's like; she's probably just running a little late or something." She looked over at her brother. "Ring her."

Gawain nodded and stepped away from the group, digging his phone out of a pocket in his leather jacket. He was gone only a short while before returning with a shrug. "No answer."

There was a wave of head movement as they all turned to look at Lir; their main source of Freya-related news should Gawain's technology fail.

"What's going on?" Darkness demanded of the relatively slight werewolf.

"She went to ‘see Kermit'," he replied, his reluctance evident. He glowered at the other Children as they reacted to this information.

"Why? I thought we'd dealt with that."

"This was something else." Lir shifted uncomfortably under everyone's gaze. "I think she was worried he was going to tell everyone about her. About us..."

"What should we do?" Gwen asked.

"Go and get our bags back from the baggage handlers for a start," Darkness growled, heading in the opposite direction from the gate.

"Boss?"

Kermit was sitting behind his large desk, looking through papers. "What is it, Fozzinini? I'm busy."

"There's a girl here to see you."

"Girl? What girl?"

"She said it was about your match. In TCW."

Kermit sighed. She wouldn't have gotten even this far if she was armed or dangerous. "Fine. Let her in." As Fozzinini left Kermit opened one of the desk drawers and pulled out a revolver though, just in case. ‘Girl' could mean anything, after all. He checked the weapon was loaded before placing it back in the drawer, but leaving it open. There was only one ‘girl' in the fed, and he doubted she'd be stupid enough to pay him a visit. So who was it?

"Wow, this is so cool..." Izumi stood in the doorway, gawping around the office.

"And you would be...?"

Izumi strode over to the desk with what Kermit thought was a hand extended in greeting, but was surprised when a photo of himself landed on the desk instead.

"If you want an autograph, you'll have to go through the proper channels." Kermit ignored the glossy snapshot and reached for the intercom on his desk.

Izumi grabbed his wrist to stop him pressing the button. "I didn't just come here for the autograph. It's about the match."

"Ah." Kermit pulled his hand away from the buzzer. "What does Stern have in store for me, since apparently you know more about it than me?"

"A tag match. You and Inferno versus Freya and Darkness."

"And you're here...?"

"I represent Inferno." Izumi sat down on the chair opposite the mob boss.

"Why does he need representation?"

"He's not really a...people person..."

"I can imagine the mask puts some folks off, yes."

Izumi glared at him but said nothing.

"So what help can I offer my tag partner?" The girl was starting to get on Kermit's nerves, and there was something odd about her that he couldn't quite put his finger on.

"What do you know about Freya?" she asked.

"There's more to that girl than meets the eye."

"I know, but what?"

Kermit stretched, causing the bones in his back to click loudly. "She's a two-faced bitch who doesn't give a shit about anyone besides herself."

"Is that it?" Izumi sounded sceptical.

"What did you think it would be?"

"What about Darkness? What do you know about him?"

"You're better off staying away from the pair of them."

Silence stretched. Finally, Izumi got out of her chair and walked towards the door.

"Will I get to meet Inferno before the match?" Kermit asked as her hand hovered over the knob.

"You're better off staying away from him," she replied curtly before leaving the office.

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

With the strange girl now gone, Kermit could return to the papers on his desk. They were not details of protection rackets, or investments, or anything else the average mob boss (should there ever be such a thing, he thought with amusement) would have been concerned with. Instead, he was examining reports from employees he had strategically placed across the North American continent. The men didn't really know what they were looking for, but he had ordered them to report anything ‘unusual'.

Right now, he was looking at many different pieces of the puzzle. It was a full time job sifting through all the information to find anything useful, but he found he was enjoying it. It reminded him of being a young man, just entering the organisation that had then been his father's. Being the boss's son didn't actually count for much in the mafia, strangely: Raul Gambono had owed favours to so many people, and had been through so much with so many of his soldiers, that being his flesh and blood (and nothing else) made Kermit pretty low on the pecking order. Starting out, anyway. But he had worked, and fought, and done some things he regretted now, and earned his position of heir-apparent.

Now he had another job that was shaping up to change his life: another mammoth task in front of him. It was exhilarating.

The latest report was to do with some strange goings-on in Florida. A year-old story of a couple of homicide detectives who got involved in some business no one could adequately explain. One was in a psychiatric ward because he killed the other and that sent him over the edge...or perhaps it had been the other way around. No one was quite sure. Their evidence had been filed though, and Kermit's man had had the contacts to get hold of it. Some killings using a weapon that hadn't been invented, apparently...a weapon that drained ever ounce of the victim's blood...

The other reports that he deemed useful were about similar kinds of things. Unexplained murders and disappearances, attacks by men (sure...) wearing armour. No one was connecting the dots yet though. Why would they? They didn't have all this information in once place like he did.

But then...you get enough copycat killings and that's when the FBI sticks its unwanted collective nose into the seedy business. It's their job to catch conspiracies and crime syndicates - Kermit knew that better than most - so why wasn't anyone else noticing all this stuff? Why did Kermit have to hear it from a woman who just happened to work for the same wrestling promotion as him, and not from the associated press?

He put down the documents. Spread them out on the desk, looking for a pattern that wasn't there. He knew what all this shit was. He knew who - what? - was doing it. But that wasn't what he was looking for. It wasn't his plan to put this together and inform the authorities. Clearly that was pointless: they must know about this already, but someone was keeping it under wraps. Plus, Kermit was hardly the sort of man to go ratting people out to the cops, no matter who - what - they were.

No, he wasn't doing this out of charity, or concern for the public. He was doing it so he could get what he wanted; what he had promised Dr. Honeydew. But, in order to get that, he needed to find a pattern to these attacks, so that he might predict where the next one would come. The only problem was that there simply wasn't one.

"Northern Florida, Boston, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Bismarck, Portland..."

A dozen other cities. Half the States in the Union. He'd put some preliminary feelers out overseas too, and there were reports of similar things filtering in from Turkey, Bangladesh, the Republic of Ireland, Siberia and Mexico. Most of it was second-hand information, but the details could hardly be a coincidence.

So what was he looking at here? A global conspiracy? One guy with a very fast plane or a supersonic jetpack? Both were about as likely as each other.

His phone started to ring. He reached for it on his desk and flipped it open.

"Kermit..." he said, his tone sharper than he'd intended.

The voice on the other end reeled out information at a rate of knots. He held up a hand, even though the man on the other end wouldn't see it. "Hold on...slow down, Seymour..."

The voice did as it was told, and Kermit began to make sense of what he was saying now. An ambush gone wrong...something hiding in the air ducts...not Avenue Q...not like they'd thought...

"I'll be right there."

He snapped the phone shut and stood up. His Chicago office had access to an impressive armoury, but all Kermit took was the revolver in his desk drawer. By the time he reached the place, he wouldn't even need that. He'd tell the driver to go slower if he had to.

Difficult times. He hoped Seymour was going to be okay. Guy was useful to have around - he never forgot anything.

It was over by the time he arrived.

"Freya?"

It sounded like she was trying to say something witty but, face down on the floor, it came out muffled, and so lacked the panache of her usual comments.

Lir and Gawain had already lifted her into a sitting position, revealing a face peppered with bruises and a busted lip. The other Children had already fanned out down the corridor, all sniffing the air, trying to figure out where her assailant had gone.

"You look terrible," Darkness told her.

"Yeah, well, you wouldn't look much better if you'd had a run in with Inferno..."

"Oh, we've met. I'm glad I had Gwen and Gawain with me that time instead of you."

She tried to stick her tongue out, but it didn't work so well with her cut lip. "Ow."

"So it was Inferno that did this?" he asked.

Freya started to push herself up using the wall, waving away Gawain and Lir. "Yeah. Who did you think it was?"

"Lir said you were going to find Kermit. I assumed..."

"Like Kermit could do this to me."

"He has henchmen. Employees."

"Goons. The word you're looking for is goons."

Darkness nodded. "Either way, I'm glad it was just Inferno."

"Just Inferno? You don't think that guy's dangerous?"

"Not as dangerous as Kermit, no."

"You'd make a lousy scientist."

Darkness waved his good hand at her face. "Are you going to be...okay?"

"They'll heal."

"I meant..."

She raised her eyebrows. "Worried about scars, Buffy? You're one to talk."

He turned away and walked a few steps up the corridor. Gwen appeared at his side. "We've picked up a trail. We can follow him to wherever he went."

"I don't know if it will be necessary. What can we do? Go to the police? Tell Stern?"

"Whatever we do," Gwen said in a low voice, "we can't just let someone take out one of our own. Not without...recriminations..."

"This isn't the mob, Gwen." He turned to look at Freya. Lir had helped her out of her jumper and had a hand against her side, evidently checking for bruised ribs. Tilpin was hovering nearby.

"Hey, don't be jealous," Gwen smiled, "Lir is..."

"Her cousin, I know." Suddenly, something caught Darkness attention. Where Freya's t-shirt was lifted slightly, he saw something he'd never noticed before. "Freya?"

"What?"

He pointed at her stomach. "What's that?"

"My belly," she said, lowering her arms protectively over her midriff, "and I'll thank you not to point to it."

"No, not that. There's something..."

She looked down and realised what he was talking about. The strange design, etched into her skin, was still there. It was never going to get any more healed than it was.

"It's nothing. Just a tattoo."

"That's not a tattoo. It's scar tissue."

"Well..."

"And, what's more, I recognise it."

She looked up at him, unable to hide the sudden panic in her eyes. "You do?"

"Freya: why do you have a Vindicator mark?"

Izumi was well ensconced in her seat on the flight back from Chicago when she heard him approach. At first, she didn't look up from the magazine she was reading.

"We need to talk."

The metallic tone was unmistakable. "How did you get on this plane?"

"People see what they want to see."

"And don't see what they don't." She looked up. "Like giant tattooed men with weird masks on, right?"

The Vindicator inclined his head. "They are not tattoos. How many times must you be told?"

"So how can I help you, Mr. Vindicator?"

"There is something we must discuss."

"Such as?"

"Freya Green."

Inzumi tried not to jump up and down in her seat. "Very well," she said, her face placid.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:07 pm
Profile E-mail

It's often in moments of fear that a man's true thoughts and feelings emerge. If my assumption was correct, then Seymour had found one for the very things I had been searching for, albeit unwillingly. So as I sat in the back seat of my town car, driver heading with deliberate caution towards my destination, one such moment gripped me. While I had experience with these creatures before, I had a sure and steady hand backing me up. No doubt existed in my mind that had Freya not decided to aid me that night back in Las Vegas, I would not be here. Still, I tried to reassure myself that this was different. Instead of being out numbered, this thing would enjoy that most horrible of odds. Seymour and a few others were already at the scene, Fozzinini was in route with some more back-up, Dr. Honeydew reluctantly agreed to come, and of course there was me. But the same doubts that plague all men of vision still whispered in the back of my head. Would this turn out in my favor? Would I lose more than I gain? Will this be the defining moment that changes the course of the little crusade of mine? Or will this be my last night?

Well, as the old saying goes, "Watch out for that first step. It's a dozy."

------------------------------------------------

Kermit's town car pulled up outside the abandoned officer building with a dramatic screech of breaks. Looking as firm and imposing as he normal did, the mob boss stepped out of the back seat and calmly adjusted his fedora cap. A comical figure approached him in hurried fashion. Large nose, slender legs, heavy upper chest, Seymour was not likely to win any beauty pageants that's for sure. But the guy had an almost photographic memory, which is the main reason Kermit liked the kid.

"Boss!"

Kermit held up his hand, signaling the man to shut his trap.

"Voices down Seymour. Now, give me the scoop. And the short version please."

"Okay, well Harry, Arthur, and I came down here on a tip that a couple members of Avenue Q were holed up inside. Seems they've been squatting. So we decide to go in and take em out, ya know, like you ordered. Well, we get inside and I tell you Boss, worst thing I've ever seen in my life. Two guys were dead on the ground; looks like somebody ran a huge Bowie knife across their throats. While we were trying to figure out what the hell happened in there, this guy jumps out of shadows and grabs up Harry. Kept trying to bite the neck like he was a vampire or something really. Harry shakes him off, with our help; this tweaker is a strong man Boss. Once Harry is free, this guy goes bolting away before we can even draw and fire. We make chase and corner this punk in what I think is a bathroom. He's got no out right? So we take a breath, and bust in ready to spray and pray. Nothing, room is empty. But we hear sounds above us, like somebody in the air ducts. I'm telling you Boss, this guy is nuts."

"Is all this true?" Kermit asked the other two, knowing full well that it was.

Both men nodded concern on their faces.

"Okay, anybody left the building?"

"Not that we've seen."

"Alright, wait here."

Kermit began to walk slowly towards the old three story building, eyes surveying the front. Well, he found what he wanted to find, but how does he even try to capture it. If his memory served him well, the last time he encountered these things they pretty much shrugged off bullets unless they got hit in the head, and even then, no guarantees. So, how does he want to do this? Floor to floor search seemed to be the best option. Cover the exits, and try to flush it out. Might work. Still there is the problem of subduing it. The sounds of vehicles approaching broke Kermit away from his thoughts. Two black Cadillac's stop near Kermit's town car, and Fozzinini with a small crew exit.

"Okay Boss, we're here. What's going on?"

Kermit waited until everyone had gathered around him before he spoke his lie.

"Alright!" he said in a sharp tone intended to grab attention. "We got an Avenue Q member in there hiding in the ductwork. Seems he's on a bad trip, murdered two of his friends in fact. Now, as much I want all these fuckers' dead, this guy can be useful. When he comes down off whatever he is on, he's gonna be desperate for another fix, which I will offer in exchange for information. So what I am basically saying is don't kill him. I want that perfectly clear."

All around him nodded except one member of the crew.

"So how we gonna get him Boss?"

"Glad you asked. This guy is tweaking like I've said, so, he is not going to wanna talk. Most likely, he is going to become violent with you. The only way to stop a whacked out mad man, is to go for the knees. Take out his legs, but no shots elsewhere. I got Dr. Honeydew on the way, so flesh wounds will be tended to, but only if he is alive. And another thing, we stick together."

He made the gesture of counting the number he had with him for show.

"I see eleven including me. So, Arthur and Harry, I want you at the front door in case this guy tries to bolt. Foz and Sweet, you're with me. Everyone else, groups of three. Let's go."

All around drew weapons, mostly pistols of various styles and calibers, and followed Kermit. Once inside, he signaled one group to take the left side, while the other group took the right. Kermit, Fozzinini, and Sweet, headed straight ahead.

---------------------------------------

Now this is typically the point where you would hear about the others I am involved with at this point in my crusade. You would see Freya shocked and most likely frightened by the sudden appearance of a Vindicator Mark. Darkness is no doubt at this time formulating why it's there and what it means. I personally think he does too much talking and not much else, so why go into it. It's just depressing. And of course our resident giddy (and creepy if I can add that here) little schoolgirl is hearing all about Freya. But we already know what she is right? What of Inferno you ask? What of him. He is a prop in all this to me, nothing more. My side is rarely told clear enough to my liking anyway. So they can have their lovely tea party, I am telling my side.

------------------------------------

Four hours later, nothing had been found. Nearly every inch of that building was swept, and re swept, and still neither hide nor hair of, what Kermit believed, was a vampire. The bodies of the two members of Avenue Q had been dragged outside earlier so Dr. Honeydew could examine them. Initially, he gruffly replied to Kermit that they were dead, his anger at being away from his bed apparent on his face. Kermit responded calmly that he should take a closer look, which Dr. Honeydew grudgingly did. Now the short little man was in a state of contained excitement at the discovery that the skulls of both men appeared hollower than a normal man's would be. With Kermit's permission, he had the bodies taken to his labs so he could perform an autopsy.

But while Kermit was slightly pleased that Bunson had something to work with, he still had no vampire subject. Fozzinini approached.

"Boss, I think the guy bailed. There is nothing in that place but cobwebs and dirty blankets."

Kermit's response was not what the big man expected.

"I'm going back in."

"Umm...wait Boss! Look, I know you want some info, but he's gone."

"Maybe, but I am giving it one more chance. "

"You're going alone?"

"Yes. I think he's still in there, just waiting for us to give up. I figure if it's just me, I can draw him out. If you hear shots, come running. And bring the rope. We will need it."

"I can't let you go in there alone Boss. I'm going too."

"No, you and the rest will stay outside."

"If he is in there, I don't want you getting whacked. So I'm going."

Kermit turned and looked at his third in command.

"I appreciate the concern Foz, I really do. But this might be the only way. Give me an hour, and then come in okay?"

Fozzinini relented, never able to stand up against Kermit for very long.

"Okay." He sighed "But be careful."

"I will. Keep your phone out, I will call if I need back up."

He patted his friend on the shoulder, before heading inside. The place seemed to be more dark, if such a thing is possible, than before. Every sound was amplified, every shadow was magnified. Kermit could feel the fear creep up the back of his spine and into his whole body. This was a stupid move, he knew it. But he wasn't going to give this chance up just yet. A vampire, something he had been looking to acquire without success so far, was practically in his lap. No way is he letting it go. He summoned up his pride and determination, classic bastions of mental defense, and made his way to the room where the murders had taken place.

"This place is as good as any." He mumbled to himself as he scanned the room for a good place to wait.

A corner in the back seemed perfect. No vents nearby, great view of the two doors into this room, as well as an air duct on the far wall. Sitting down, he slowly removed his revolver from his jacket pocket and held it in his right hand, covered by his fedora hat. His other hand held his cell phone; open and ready with a push of a button to speed dial Fozzinini. He sat and waited, hoping his prey would come out for a bite.

----------------------------

So there I sat, waiting. Let me tell you, for a man used to getting his way, few things are rougher on the mind than waiting. When you know what you want is almost within reach, but no amount of desire or action can give it to you, well, it's almost painful. When I want something, I grab it. Simple, plain, fact. I've done it all my adult life. Yet in situations like these, no amount of influence or money can make that creature come out with his hands in the air saying "Hey, take me away. I go willingly". So I have to wait for him and each passing moment rips away at me with the wait.

And the fear.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:29 pm

"You really want to do this?"

Two tall, pale men faced off against Darkness...and a tall, masked man covered in otherworldly markings. The two men were hardly normal, however...their hair was long and silver...and their faces were closer to dog-like than human, and a low growl could be heard from their throats.

Seconds later, they hunched down, tore through their clothing and shifted from their humanoid forms, becoming lupine and fur-covered.

"It's your funeral." Darkness drew his guns, and twirled them once. The wolves kept their eyes trained fully onto them...

Sudden movement!

A gunshot rang out.

The bullet just barely grazed the wolf's ear as he lept into the air, claws outstretched, jaws right open. The teeth were stained red, with pieces of flesh and muscle visible between them, and aimed straight for the throat of the masked man.

His motion was so fast the only thing a normal man would see was a blur, and then the wolf flying back several feet. He landed upright, and attacked again...

The second wolf pounced towards Darkness, who skillfully avoided it by inches, and let a few more bullets ring out.

One finally struck true, the second wolf's leg going out from underneath him.

But before he could do anything further, the first one leaped onto his back. He was about to throw it off, but the masked man quickly took it down for him.

That gave him time to see the second one coming, in an angry leap. He didn't hesitate, he just pulled the trigger.

BANG. The wolf fell, the light vanishing from his eyes almost immediately, tongue hanging out of his mouth.

The masked one dragged the remaining wolf to the ground and delivered several pounding blows to it, before pinning it to the ground and holding it's jaws shut.

"I usually prefer to work alone, but I'm glad one of you guys were in the area."

The Vindicator looked at Darkness calmly. "We received word of Eradicator activity in this area."

"Figures."

-------------------

Crunch.

Crunch.

Crunch.

Crunch.

"Yeah, go ahead, what about her? You know something? So far I've got nothing besides 'she's a miracle healer' and 'she hangs out with weird people'." Izumi said, and CRUNCHED another M&M between her teeth.

"We have known of her for a long time, and have marked her as such." the Vindicator said. However, she is, and I repeat, she is not the target you are searching for."

"Oh?" Izumi said, her ears perking slightly as she chewed her candy. "I didn't think so in the end. Still, even a small chance was worth looking into."

The Vindicator continued calmly. "Freya Green is in fact a werewolf."

The girl almost choked on her next bite at this. "A werewolf? In TCW? This can only confirm our suspicions about that pla-wait a minute..."

She put her hand to her forehead in thought. "She's a werewolf...and the others around her...I thought they looked strange...but what's their business with TCW?"

"You are thinking of something, Izumi?"

"What about Freya?" she started suddenly. "You want her killed?"

Vindicator shook his head hard. "Absolutely not. Freya Green is not our enemy. Freya Green is a part of the balance. She still yet has her role to play in the mission."

"Ah...I somehow figured it couldn't be that easy." Izumi said, disappointed and yet intriguied. "So she's our ally in the end, but in the realm of TCW, we're absolute enemies...or at least her and Inferno are. What an interesting twist of fate..."

She kicked back in her chair and sighed to herself, looking out the window below. The skyscrapers moved by, like little dots.

"You know...from up here...it looks like I could just EAT it all, eh?" She giggled softly, and CRUNCHED another M&M.

"You are a strange human." the Vindicator replied.

"You are strange yourself!" Izumi said, and pointed at the mask that covered his face. "Why not take that mask off, Mr. 'Mysterious Vindicator'?," she said, making quotation fingers in the air.

"I require this for my survival," he said simply, shrugging off her childish mannerisms.

"Ah. I guess that's one thing that makes you different from Inferno. You're not necessarily hiding anything. He has no such excuse. I wish that he would stop being paranoid." she said.

"He too will have his part to play in the balance. You will have to help him realise his full potential."

"I guess that's true," she said.

--------------

The fragile door clung desperately to it's hinges as Inferno slammed it tightly, his hand flicking the lock closed. The drapes were drawn across the window. With the darkness keeping him company, for the first time the man checked his battle wounds in detail.

His right arm...the cloth of his shirt had been torn away, the smooth, pale skin underneath torn in a long, sloppy line as if it were made of paper. The blood flowed down his arm slowly as a limitless little fountain, pouring his essence onto the floor with a silent drip.

Inferno clenched the fist on that arm, tightly...so tightly he only threatened to draw more blood out. He'd failed to break her, again.

--------------

The monster's head smashed into Freya's with a grunt, as he peppered her beautiful face with his fists. Each time he connected he felt more and more ectasy, savoring the sound of knuckles against jaw and cheekbone.

A fistfull of hair later, and she was thrown into the darkness. A triumphant yell came from within, as he stalked her inside.

But what emerged, was a flash of fur, teeth...and CLAWS.

And a howl of pain erupted along with a spray of blood, as the beast wounded the other's arm.

--------------

But unlike Freya, Inferno had no power to heal wounds. This one would leave a scar forever.

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:18 pm
Profile YIM
World Champ

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:15 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Inferno turned slowly, his hulking frame blocking out the unnatural phosphorescent glow of the street lamp that shone through his hotel room window. No attempt had been made by the staff to clean up the room - evidently the monster's reputation had preceded him. No one wanted to chance running into Inferno. Especially now...the monster was wounded and vulnerable: at his most dangerous. He massaged his bandaged arm. "Where have you been?"

"Aw, I knew you missed me," Izumi grinned. She looked around, trying to find a piece of intact furniture to sit on, but her efforts were in vain. She settled for leaning against the wall, affecting a pose that was not quite as nonchalant as she thought it was.

"No, I was just asking. I didn't even notice."

"Sure you didn't..."

Inferno let out a low growl. "What do you want with me? Why are you here?" He reached out, grasping for something to hurl at her, but there was nothing large enough left to inflict the kind of damage he sought.

"It probably is time I levelled with you," she said.

Inferno tilted his head. "You're not just here to train me?"

"Don't feel bad. I still want you to win and do better...just not for the reasons you thought."

Inferno was taken aback. He still didn't know what to make of this strange young girl who had just appeared in his life with no explanation, but now he was approaching the truth he found himself oddly disappointed that there was some ulterior motive behind her fandom.

"Speak..." he said.

"I'm not just a wrestling fan. I work for some people. For an organisation. A very powerful organisation."

"Who?"

"I can't tell you their name..."

"Why not?"

"Because I can't just tell you everything all at once."

"Why not?"

"You're like a little kid! If I told you everything at once, it'd be too overwhelming. You wouldn't be able to..."

Inferno roared suddenly, causing Izumi to lose her composure and nearly fall to the floor. She caught herself just in time.

"Either tell me everything, or tell me nothing and leave!"

"Just...just wait." She held up her hands. "Let me start from the beginning. If you're anything like I was, you'll be intrigued and we can go from there."

"I'm nothing like you, girl."

"You'd be surprised. Will you listen to me? I can't just tell you everything at once."

Inferno started to pace back and forth. "I'll listen," he finally growled, "speak your piece - you'd better hope it satisfies me though."

"I think it will."

She abandoned the wall and instead sat down on the floor, crossing her legs underneath her. "Tell me, Inferno...how much do you know about the supernatural?"

"I've fought men who could change into beasts - why don't you tell me how much I know about it?"

"Not as much as you think. You see, there are many strange forces in this world: different factions with different agendas. Vampires, demons, angels, werewolves, Shadow Slayers, gods, nature spirits, Satanic cults, extragalactic monstrosities..."

"There are things beyond the mundane world. A supernatural underbelly?"

"Yes."

"That will be sufficient. You don't need to educate me as much as you think."

"Good. Now, the problem is that when you get all these competing creatures and individuals, sometimes they lose track of their own aims. A demon will fight an angel, and a Shadow Slayer might fight a vampire, but what happens when alliances are made, or someone walks into someone else's territory? Who makes the rules? Everyone thinks they know best; that the threat they were designed to counter is the most dangerous. It can be chaotic."

"I can imagine."

"I'm sure you can. It's like nations - Germany invades Poland, and thinks no one will care, but then Britain steps in and Japan bombs Pear Harbour. Before you know it, it's a World War. Or..." her eyes lit up, "...think of it like wrestling rivalries. Two guys have a big feud going on, one of them wins a belt, and suddenly the whole promotion wants to be part of it. Anarchy erupts."

"I see."

"That's why you have the UN, or the Commissioner. An element that can police all these disruptive elements."

"Are you telling me," Inferno said slowly, "that you're part of some kind of...supernatural law enforcement?"

"Kind of. We maintain the balance. When someone declares war on Hell, we make sure it stays intact. When the vampires get out of control, we coordinate the effort to stop them. No one else has agents as far reaching as ours: no one else has the means to keep a handle on everything. Without us, Armageddon would be right around the corner."

"And you do this yourselves? Are you all schoolgirls?"

Izumi laughed. "Of course not. We come from all walks of life - teachers, car mechanics, zookeepers, firemen, nurses, business moguls. You name it. We're all people who have been touched in some way by the supernatural, and who wanted to see it controlled."

"And these...teachers...zookeepers...they fight the demons and vampires do they?"

"Of course not. We have a militant arm to do that for us."

"A militant arm? Like terrorists?"

"Not at all. There is a group of demon fighters with ties to our organisation going back centuries. They're called the Vindicators."

Inferno's weight shifted subtly, but he didn't betray any emotion at hearing that word again. "So if you have them, why do you need me?"

"I was hoping you'd ask that," Izumi smiled, "see, it's come to our attention that a new kind of creature has arisen. They're called Infernals - they're a kind of demonic hybrid - and one of them may be the most powerful and dangerous being in existence. We believe that the Antichrist himself may be at large."

"So?"

"So, we've narrowed down his location. We believe that the Infernals are congregating in TCW. We don't know why yet."

"If there are....Infernals?...here, you think the Antichrist is too?"

"He is, or will be soon."

"And what does that have to do with me?"

"You're going to find him for us, Inferno. You're going to find him...and kill him..."

The airstrip was lashed with torrential rain as Kermit walked from the terminal to his private jet. Fozzinini and Rowlfski each had a black umbrella sheltering him from the worst of the weather. The two men were hard pressed to keep up with their boss's pace, and Kermit's movements were stiff with frustration and suppressed anger.

It pained him to outsource like this. In fact, it would have annoyed him even to ask one of his henchmen to help with this - he wanted to solve this mystery for himself, but he had been forced to admit that he was having no luck.

"You sure you want to do this, boss?" Fozz asked him as they reached the stairway.

"I have to go to Brazil for my match anyway. Might as well kill two birds with one stone."

"I just don't trust that guy..."

"You've never even met him."

"No, but I saw him chokeslam you into the ramp like you were nothin' but an afterthought."

"I was an afterthought," Kermit said, "but not anymore. He challenged me, remember?"

"Sure, but what did he really want?" Rowlfski asked with a grunt.

"You think I'm playing into his hands, is that it?"

"He's involved in some bad stuff, that's all I know."

"Yeah, you'd better believe it - and that's why I need to talk to him. Only Darkness knows what's really going on here."

"Isn't there anyone else?" Fozz asked.

"Not that I know of. And what do you want me to do? Question everyone in TCW because I'm scared of Darkness? No; I'm going right to the source."

"Okay, boss."

"Damn right it's okay, boss."

Kermit stepped onto the first step.

"And we can't persuade you to take a bodyguard?"

"Valerie Stern will be providing all the protection I need, Fozz."

"Alright then..."

Kermit grinned. "See you in a couple of weeks, fellas." He tugged on his hat and dashed up the steps before disappearing into the plane.

The vampire bared his fangs. "I told you to delay him..."

The other vampire crouched low in the shadows, pawing at the flagstones like an animal.

"Nothing to say for yourself, Berriozar?"

"No, lord. We held him there for as long as we could. We had him running in circles trying to find us."

"You should have killed him."

"But...it was my understanding that he had to be alive...?"

"Really? Why would you think that? I wanted him stopped. He knows too much, and the second he meets with Darkness, he'll know the whole story."

"You think Nightwalker would tell him about us?"

"I wouldn't put anything past a man as dense as him."

Berriozar nodded. "Well, it's too late now. He's already on the plane."

"Too late for you maybe," the first vampire snarled, "not too late for me."

Kermit was reclining in his chair, still going over all the information in his head. It was futile of course - Darkness would tell him what he needed to know when he got to Brazil anyway. And if he didn't... Kermit's hand rested on the gun at his hip... there were ways of persuading even a man like him.

He stared out at the grey clouds skimming past the window when he suddenly became aware of some kind of commotion towards the front end of the plane. He sat up and frowned.

"Hey, is everything alright up there?"

There was no reply, so he stood up and checked the gun again. Firing it on a plane wouldn't be a great idea, of course, but it would be enough to discourage anyone from doing anything equally stupid. He drew the silver pistol and walked towards the door separating his cabin from the cockpit. The commotion continued. There was a scream followed by a low gurgle. Kermit's heart beat faster and he stepped close to the door, ready to shoulder it open.

It didn't come to that. The door burst open, sending him stumbling back. He lifted the gun and tried to aim it at the figure standing there, but its appearance was too shocking: he couldn't reconcile it with his surroundings.

It was shorter than him, an effect enhanced by its crouched posture, but didn't seem any less menacing. Its face was desiccated and rotten: a dead thing, but inexplicably moving and grinning. Half its face was covered in some kind of bronze mask, and it wore some kind of black armour. He realised he'd seen something like it before.

"You're...a vampire..."

"No," the creature sneered in an accent that sounded something like Australian, "I'm the vampire. Nice to make your acquaintance, Kermit."

"Who the hell are you?! Where did you come from?!"

The vampire raised a fist, and a huge sword appeared in his hand from a column of flame. "My name's Dragon, and you really don't need to worry about where I came from or how I got here."

With a bestial snarl, it leapt at him.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Up shit creek without a paddle.

Between a rock and a hard place.

There are countless other terms that can be used to describe my current situation, yet each would fail to measure up to just exactly how bad off I am right now. Let me break it down. Leaping towards me is a vampire, but most assuredly not your typical vampire. After all, he summoned forth a sword not only from nothing, but a pretty display of fire was involved as well. That combined with his interesting choice of attire, pretty much confirms he is not your average ho hum vampire. And since I still doubt I could defeat a
regular Joe of the vampire world, this creates a serious problem.

Now add in close quarters. And those quarters in question are currently around 26,000 feet in the air and going about 450 miles per hour. This of course means I have no place to run or to hide. And the final part of this equation deals with the pilot. He's dead. And since I can't fly a plane, and I doubt the lovely young hostess can, if she is even alive, should I find a way to somehow beat, kill, or destroy this vampire in front of me, how will I even get back on terra ferma?

So yes, I am beyond a simple "You're fucked" at this point.

Kermit back peddled quickly to avoid the arcing slice from Dragon's sword, which came close enough to the mobsters' throat that he could feel the light breeze the moment generated. The vampire followed up with a back swing, keeping Kermit unbalanced and having to retreat down the narrow corridor between chairs. All the while Kermit's mind raced as to what he could possibly do. His gun was basically out of the question, given that if a bullet ripped into the cabin, pressure would drop, oxygen would disappear, and he might even be sucked out into open air. Another swing dodged, and Kermit was beginning to feel like his time was finally over in this world. But despite if he felt like that or not, Kermit Gambono will never throw in the towel. He rose up in the mob world of Chicago, and took that city over with blood, sweat, and tears. Everything he has today, he got by never giving up even when times were dire. And this situation was no different. He may die, but he would die fighting.
"You're running out of room." Dragon said coldly.

He was right. Kermit was fastly approaching the back wall of the cabin. Another few swings and he would have nowhere to duck too. He had to come up with something fast. His biggest problem at the moment was that damn sword. He had to get in close, where the extra length the blade provided meant little. But to do that, he would need to get past it. While Kermit had no experience or interest in sword play of any kind, he understood enough to recognize Dragon as being a master in its use. Kermit now realized that the vampire was simply toying with him after the first swing was dodged. This creature was capable of countering Kermit's bobbing and weaving easy enough, so Kermit had a little window of opportunity to act. And he had to make sure his move worked the first time. There would be no second chances here. But that still left coming up with a plan of attack itself. And the only thing he could think of was stupid, foolhardy, and mostly likely a gamble he would lose.

Naturally, the mobster decided that it would be his course of action.

---------------------------------------

I don't think you appreciate how much danger you're in...

Those words echoed in Freya's head as walked the halls of the arena. The place was basically empty, with the exception to a few late workers tech and stage hands, and the ever present security detail assigned to every arena TCW came to. She had no interest in returning to her hotel room. In fact, she had no destination in her movement. She was moving just to move.

"The nerve." She muttered, still angry over Darkness and his attitude. He knows what she has been through, what she's done, and a good chunk of it was without him. She faced death on countless occasions, and each time pulled through. For the life of her, she will never understand why he acts this way. Maybe Lir was right, and Darkness was just worried. But does he have to be so demanding? So unwilling to let others make decisions? Why does it have to be his way?

Her angry did not diminish on her journey around the arena. Sooner or later, she would have to leave either out of a need for rest, or simply because she'd passed the same vending machine five times already. The ringing of her cell phone broke her from her thoughts. The number was unknown to her, but judging from the ID, it was American.

"Hello." She answered harshly, despite herself.

No answer on the other end, but her keen ears could pick up the sound of faint breath.

"I know somebody is there. Who is this?"

The caller hung up.

"Not the best time to try and prank me." She growled as she hit redial.

Single rings went through, before voicemail picked up.

This is the office of Kermit Gambono, CEO of Henson Tech. If this is regarding a business appointment, please contact my secretary at area code Eight Seven Two, Five Four...

Freya hung up the phone bewildered.

"How does he have my numb..." she stopped herself mid sentence when she realized that if he wanted to, Kermit could indeed have her number. But why would he call her? More to the point, why would he call her and hang up without saying a single word?

This mystery derailed her current anger at Darkness enough to lead her out of the arena. She would find out the motive behind the call in a few days anyway she assured herself.

Not the best time to try and prank me.

Janice hung up the phone quickly, her nerve failing her. She didn't really know anybody in TCW, given her rather limited involvement with other wrestlers. But for reasons she could not place, she trusted Freya. Without Freya's help, Kermit, and Janice, would be dead. Kermit was heading down a dangerous path; Janice saw it and feared for him. Every time she brought it up, he would comfort her with words like "It will be alright, I know what I'm doing." But Janice would not be so easily convinced, yet still relented. And if he wouldn't listen, maybe somebody else would. Kermit had detailed profiles of nearly every wrestler in TCW, three which stayed in the top drawer of his desk. Darkness, Jason Dante, and Freya Green. She didn't know Jason Dante, and her last (and only ) encounter with Darkness involved him beating the hell out of Kermit, crudely coming onto her, her burning his face, and then being whisked away by "Raul". Not a pleasant experience. And that left Freya. Maybe she would listen. But she could not go through with it.

This submissive attitude was new to her. She never before had a problem with steeping her foot down in front of Kermit, in fact, she enjoyed it. It became a game between the two lovers early on in their relationship. Just how far could she push her man? But since her capture and imprisonment by "Raul", she was more afraid and less likely to push buttons. She found herself frighten nearly every waking hour. Some days, she could control this irrational fear and maintain the facade of normality. Other days, she could barely leave the penthouse she shared with Kermit.

The phone on Kermit's desk began to ring, startling her. She slowly reached out and laid her trembling hand on the receiver. She tried to force herself to pick it up and talk, but fear prevented the action. Over several seconds, she attempted this, and with each ring she came closer. Finally, with much effort emotionally on her part, she picked up the phone.

A dial tone rang in her ear. She sighed softly in defeat.

"I don't know if you remember me." She spoke to the dial tone "But you, like, helped me once. I know this is strange for me to ask but, I was, like, wondering if you could keep an eye on Kermit for me. I am afraid, for him, and for me. Maybe you could, like, help him."

She paused.

"And help me. I don't like these dreams. I want my old life back."

She hung up the phone, and wept.

-------------------------------------------------

Dragon arced high, aiming for Kermit's face, yet instead of taking another back step to avoid it, Kermit just leaned back out of its way. He shot forward quickly using the momentum of the sudden change in movement to propel his hand outward and towards the half finished drink he had been enjoying before this mess began. Guiding it with his palm, he sent it flying right towards Dragon's face. While a hard cup of glass might stun or injure a human, it would do nothing but distract a vampire like Dragon. Sure enough, Dragon moved slightly back to avoid the path of a rather enjoyable Manhattan. Yet in doing so, he dropped his guard, allowing the cunning mobster an opening. Kermit charged into Dragon with as much force as he could muster. Being slightly off balance, and in no small part to having a 230 pound man ram into your chest, Dragon fell the cabin wall. Kermit whipped out his silver pistol and fired several shots.

"You missed Kermit."

"No." Kermit replied, lowering his gun. "I didn't."

The sound of cracking plastic begins to appear in the cabin. Dragon glanced over at the window next to him on the wall and was shocked to see three bullet impacts at the source of the spreading cracks across the window.

"NEVER back me into a corner!" Kermit said coolly "I get a bit crazy."

Kermit brought his gun back up and fired again into the window, causing it to finally break. A loud bang was heard as the cabin de pressurized. Anything not nailed down began to fly towards to opening. Dragon found it hard to keep his footing again the quick rush of wind, and Kermit was having less success.

"IF I GO DOWN!" Kermit shouted over the intense sound "YOU JOIN ME BASTARD!"

Dragon stood tall against the pressure loss.

"No, I won't."

He held his sword firm and advanced towards the mobster. Kermit, in pure desperation, emptied his remaining bullets at Dragon, but each missed horribly due to the instability of the plane. He tossed his gun down and raised his arms in a fighting position. Go down fighting, that's what he will do. Sudden blur of moment caught his eye as a figure moved from the back of the cabin towards Dragon. A man wearing odd clothing and a strange mask darted at the vampire, who deflected the attack. The stranger responded with another assault using blades extending from his arms. Dragon parried and counter attacked, only to be blocked. Another two men appeared and like the first, all moved to attack Dragon. The vampire growled in frustration before vanishing from the scene.

Kermit blinked slowly trying to digest this. He wondered who these men wear, and if they were friend or foe. All three turned towards the mobster, who was beginning to waver with the cold and lack of oxygen. The last thing Kermit remembered before passing out, was the sight of the three strangers approaching him.

-----------------------------------------

He awoke hours later on the tarmac in Brazil with a medic examining him.

"Senor! Are you feeling well?"

"Huh? Where am I?"

"Natal Senor. Your plane lost cabin pressure, but the pilot managed to get it safe on the ground."

"But the pilots are dead." Kermit mumbled, still out of it.

"No no, he is fine. We want to take you to the hospital Senor. Lie still."

Kermit went unconscious again as the medic called for his co workers to help.

A distance away, three figures stood watching the ordeal.

"He lives." One spoke.

"He is strong." A fellow responded.

"Keep watch. While Dragon wanted him dead, this Kermit is still unknown in his motivations." Said the third.

His companions nodded before leaving the airport behind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A day before Havoc

Kermit stormed on the streets of Natal as he headed towards his destination. The past two days he had to spend in the hospital under observation after the ordeal on his jet. According to the doctor in charge, a faulty window blew out mid flight, and Kermit passed out due to lack of oxygen. The pilot was able to land the plane, and no other injuries occurred. A total lie. While he was thankful to be alive, he was pissed at being kept in the dark as to what exactly happened. But after a quick phone call home, and a short trip to this hotel Darkness was staying at, Kermit would not be in the dark anymore.

He entered the lobby and glanced at the directory. The information found, he got on the elevator and tapped his foot with impatience as it rose to the directed floor. And, as luck would have it, who should appear on the other side of the opening doors but the target Kermit was seeking.

Darkness.

The two eyed each other for a few seconds until the door began to close. Kermit retained eye contact as he slapped his hand over the door to keep it open.

"We need to talk." Kermit spoke, breaking the silence.

"No we don't." responded Darkness, who turned and walked away.

Kermit would not be put off so easily. He made chase.

"Listen, drop the opponent bullshit. You know, I know. And after what happened a few days ago, I need some fucking answers."

Darkness remained silent and kept walking.

"Nothing huh? Not even a God damn word? Figures really. Some vampire named Dragon tries to kill me, and you do nothing. Just like Road to Glory huh."

Darkness opened the door to his suite and turned towards Kermit.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Was all he said, before shutting the door in Kermit's face.

----------------------------------------

Insulting huh? Oh you bet it is. I was about a hair away from kicking down that door and putting a gun to his face. But, I moved on. He made it perfectly clear he had no interest in helping me, so be it. Who says I even need his help? I am giving him the golden chance to get in on the ground floor of all this. HE SHOULD BE BEGGING ME TO JOIN!

But I'm calm. He is too blinded by his own greatness to even begin to see what's going on around him. His choice, his mistake. In fact, I am glad he made his stance clear. Motivates me even more. This isn't Darkness's super secret club where only he can decide who joins and who doesn't. This is open game, open turf.

I will take his belts.

I will take his mission.

I will take his glory.

Bet on it.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:46 pm

Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:47 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 12 posts ]