[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Friction: Jason Dante vs Duo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Friction: Jason Dante vs Duo 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Friction: Jason Dante vs Duo
<center>
Image Image

Jason Dante vs Duo

</center>

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:45 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
in a cardboard box

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:11 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
Under Carder

Jason Dante drove himself today, racing down the highway in a plain brown sedan. No flash, no special treatment, nothing to make him stand out. If he stands out, they can see him, so they can follow him.

And who were "they"? He wasn't even sure himself... Cage would surely be looking for him. Ecks and Selenia too. And The Hunter... Who the hell was he? Whoever the hell he was -- or she was?? -- he was leaving clues in every single one of those videos. They left Jason feeling uneasy, and he couldn't properly process anything... There were many people from his past who might come looking for revenge; it was a long list to sort through, trying to match up to the clues. He felt constantly that he was so close but just missing one key to the whole thing...

Looking into the back seat, he felt a momentary tinge of pity as Elsie's lifeless body bounced along to the bumps in the road. The feeling quickly left him. He was doing what he had to do; there was no other choice.

The tires squeal as the sedan slides into a curve, leaving the highway for a long dirt road. At the end, Dante will find his destination: absolutely fucking nowhere.

It's dark now in her part of the world, and Selenia has the office dimly lit, most of the light coming from the computer monitor she's been bent over all night. Hours ago, Ecks retired to his bungalow for the night. It seems that even the best GPS systems in the world can't compete with the stormy weather of the mountains and faultering Latin American infrustructure - NATO at work. If a part of Jason Dante wanted to be tracked, that part of him wasn't going to win for the time being.

Selenia sighs, rising from the desk. She watches for a moment as the moonlight flickers through her half-empty crystal water glass. As she runs her finger around the rim, something flashes across the glass. Turning as quickly as her pregnant frame will allow, she points her head towards the window, looking around outside.

Not exactly the wisest move.

Lucky for her, nothing happens. As far as she can see, it's all just bushes and trees. She writes the whole thing off as the annoying things branches do when you're home alone at night and moves on to the kitchen.

The mountains outside Caracas have also turned to night. A small fire flickers through the windows of a small wooden cabin. Inside, Jason Dante sits in a small chair, looking over the still unconscious body of his captive on the couch. She should have woken up by now... One more thing to worry about.

But now was not the time. She's tied up, so there's little she can do if she wakes up first. Dante knows he needs rest tonight, because it's going to be his last chance for a long, long time. Dante's fought a few battles in his time, and he knows he's just started a war. Perhaps tomorrow will bring some answers from the girl, and it would certainly bring trouble, but for now, rest...

"You didn't really think it would be this easy, did you?"

The voice startles Dante, not waking him, but making him conscious...

"What do you want?"

Dante recognized the voice immediately. That the brute it belonged to was nowhere in sight would worry most men, but Dante is not most men.

"You knocked the girl out, brought her with you, and went to sleep. Really?? I had hoped for more from you. Perhaps you should have spoken more with your old friend Stephen. He found out what happens when you sleep with the girl."

Before Dante can question the intruder, a searing pain strikes his skull, stiffening his entire body in the chair. The voice grows louder.

"The two of you are connected... You were connected long ago, but now that she has made contact, there is no escaping it. And that means there is no escaping me, Jason Dante. The pain you feel now is nothing compared to what will follow."

"Do your worst, you big bastard!"

"My worst? This isn't even about me! I have the one who hunts you and I know his face. He will do to you what even I can not. I would advise you to repent for your past, but we both know there will be no absolution this time, albino."

As Cage's voice grows, so does the pain.

"You know who he is?! Then tell me!!"

"You truly don't know? I have seen a glimpse tonight... I believe his is making himself known to someone much closer to you..."

Dante's eyes widen as he awakens. An image of Selenia crosses his mind as the pain causes his body to collapse back into the chair.

A slight wind blew across the estate, shaking the open bungalow door. There was no movement inside. A few chairs were knocked over, and across the floor was Jay Ecks. The security inspector would later point to the blood running out the back of his head and the fact that he was face-down as evidence that he was attacked from behind, leaving him unable to identify his attacker, a man who had somehow slipped past all the security.

"Such a pretty little thing..."

A strong, gloved hand covers Selenia's mouth as she wakes up and attempts to scream. His eyes trace her figure down the bed, pausing at her midsection.

"... and with child, too. How about that."

Another attempt to scream and he pushes down on her mouth, a force larger than himself keeping her in place.

"If you don't cut that shit out right now, I'll gut you like the little bitch you are!"

Selenia's eyes grow wide as she begins to get an idea of the magnitude of the situation. There are many, many men she can and has stood her ground against. But tonight was not the night to make a stand, especially with the child in her stomach. A stomach the masked man is now running his hand over gently.

"That's a good girl. Do you know who I am, woman?"

Staring up at him, a black mask covering the lower half of his face, all she can gather is that this must be the one calling himself The Hunter, but she knows that is not what he's asking. She shakes her head slightly, his hand still clamped down over her mouth.

"No?? Let me show you then!"

The Hunter reaches up with his free hand, pulling down the mask. The Hunter was shouting at her now.

"Now do recognize me? Do you know now why I hunt your husband? Now do you see why he must suffer at my hands?!!"

Staring into his grey eyes, Selenia begins to feel a great deal of pain being inflicted not only upon her but also upon her unborn child. Before passing out, she lets out a loud scream.

The hand slips off her face and The Hunter steps away from the bed. Selenia's chest heaves slightly as her body begins to calm, and she passes into sleep.

Inside Dante's office, the masked hands are searching through his files, his grey eyes running over unfamiliar words. The names Cage and Elsie catch his eye but he does not slow down his ravaging of the office. That is until a small noise grabs his attention.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

The Hunter turns from the bookshelf and steps toward the computer screen. Leaning down, he spots a small, flashing red dot. Under the black mask, his lips curl into a smile.

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:06 pm
in a cardboard box

The red dot burns bright path through the dark room for the man who calls himself the Hunter to follow, each step takes him through the life of him enemy and himself, each step is a step towards greater wisdom, and wisdom as a great man once said the the fountain of everything, the birth of nations, the creation of empires and the discovery of new worlds.

The crimson beacon heralds the first true steps on the path of doom and damnation for one Jason Dante. The Hunter descends on the computer like a vulture looking to swipe the first taste of his prey, his eager fingers almost tie themselves into knots at the prospect of what the albino has hidden from the prying eyes of the public his has fooled and the wife who at this very point in her throes of unconsciousness already struggles with the trust she seems to have misplaced.

At the thought of what the snow-faced monster has done to this woman he allows himself a further moment of pause to dig himself down into the warm depths of his long awaited retaliation...his mind sees another woman in Selenia's place, but he shakes these visions off to protect them from the prying mind of the monster called Dante.

His fingers tap the black keys of Dante's computer and the contents of the black PC unveils it's contents like a woman tells her lover her very last secret as they rid themselves of the last bondages of unfamiliarity.

The Hunter saw part of the albino's wife's mind...she doesn't know...he hasn't told her the truth...his mouth forms a grin beneath the mask...this makes his task so much sweeter. He sighs as his fingers dig deeper and deeper into the life of Jason Dante, journals, diary entries, pieces from newspapers relating to both Dante and articles discussing Demonic activities form a new view of the man behind the alabaster face, a man The Hunter begins to despise even more.

He collect information for no court and for no trial but he still makes a copy of all the info he has found. He removes the freshly burnt DVD-rom from the drive and pockets it after putting it into it's case. He rose from the desk only to find that he wasn't alone anymore...

This night seems to last forever...how much of that gunk did I shoot into that poor girl...She...Elsie has been out since I got to this damned cabin, she has just been sitting there hanging in her chair as if she had been crucified...

Crucified for sins committed by someone close to her...sins committed by Cage.

Fuck! This isn't me...since when did I care about sins, since when have I started to abduct innocent poor girls? Half of my brain wants to end this, drop the girl in the car, try to apologise to her as best I can and go home and jump into bed with Selenia again and watch her as she sleeps.

Selenia...Memories flush across my mind brining only pain as I see her in stark terror...She is always so close to my heart, but right now, she is half the continent away in a place where I can't help her...on a place where she is left to the care and defence of Jay Ecks...hopefully Jay will keep an eye over now when...

Reality hits me in the gut like a baseball bat...

Now when I have runaway...I ran away from my pregnant wife...I ran away to deal with a problem by kidnapping an innocent girl.

"What has happened to me?" Is all I can blurt out.

"I happened to you..."

The voice is still somewhat groggy from the drug I gave to knock her out but she seems coherent.

"And who the hell are you?"

"Elsie." Come the reply I had anticipated.

"No, beyond the damn name, who are you?"

"Your failure..."

This is slowly beginning to annoy me, she is a young girl...but at the same time she speaks in a voice that betrays anger and a lust for vengeance that I haven't faced since...

I'm afraid to even think the name as if even mentioning this demon of the past would summon him. Against my will my lips begin to form the first syllable of his name when a searing pain strikes me down to my knees.

The girl's eye that once were bright and warm now have the colour of frozen steel, she doesn't laugh, she doesn't even crack a smile but I feel her joy in seeing me on my knees with a mind wrecked by pain.

As I struggled to my feet the worst feeling of loneliness ever came over me, as the feeling died down but left it's mark on me, I looked up at the girl, up at Elsie.

This time she smiled.

The Hunter looked up and slowly got up from his seat, before he could reach his full height a large human shape charged him and speared him off his feet. As the two men fought on the floor raining blows on one another, The Hunter slowly gathered who the man fighting him was, he had wanted...no he had wished that the man trying to punch his lights out had the alabaster skin of Jason Dante, but as the blows and the blocks of said blows filled his world, he saw the face of Dante's friend...or rather Dante's only friend Jay Ecks.

In the midst of this fight with a man larger then himself he felt like laughing. A blow to his face removed the wish to do this though. As Ecks shifted his tactics from assault to suppression, the Hunter pulled his mask up unveiling his eyes, as these eyes stared into the blue eyes of Jay Ecks the large man felt his will grow weak and his mind being assaulted by visions, he felt memories that weren't his own.

His hands lost their grip as memories of the loss of safety washed over him, he saw moments of great love and happiness but through the dark coloured glasses of bitterness and anger, he felt the rage of a man who lost everything, he felt the anguish of loneliness.

And over this, over all this pain and misery floated a face, over this scene of loss and sorrow deep enough to drown a man a face floated. As he saw the face his arms went numb and his mind wanted to scream...he saw the reason the source of all this pain as he dropped off the intruder and attacker of Selenia, he saw the face of Jason Dante grinning at the torment he had caused.
As he fell off the hunter and the intruder escaped with the information on the entire life of Jason Dante Ecks sat on the floor, his mind a tortured mess. The sound of naked feet against the oaken floor of the estate's office caught his attention, he turned around and saw Selenia standing there, she stood there in the pale moon light and the white rays of sunlight reflected off of the Lunar surface illuminated her tears as a truth far to horrible to even comprehend was written on her face.

Ecks got up and they stood there staring at each other trying to put words to something their mind wouldn't allow them to speak of. In the chaos of this midnight hour, they stood there sharing their inability to speak about what had just happened and the feeling of anger and the lust for revenge...revenge on a man they had seen as a friend and husband.

I tried to get to my feet but the onslaught of this attack on my mind kept me down and on the ground. As i got up and stood in front of the girl with my legs wobbling and my mind in chaos, she smiled again and this time she asked a question.

"How does it feel to be alone?"

For some reason that question made me want to scream.

And this time...I couldn't hold it back.

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]