[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Majestic Cup: Final Match
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:55 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Majestic Cup: Final Match 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Majestic Cup: Final Match
<center>
The Majestic Cup 2007 Finals

Inferno vs Malaki vs Bamlicious
The winners of the semi-final matches will face off at the end of the show, one of them being awarded the Majestic Cup, a match of their choice, and the TCW Transcontinental Championship! The prizes will be well-deserved as the winner will have to win two matches in one night!</center>

Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:26 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Biggest and Baddest of the Mamma Jammest

He pokes his head out into the hallway, and looks in both directions to see nothing.

The window at the end of the hall is sealed. He notices the moonlight beaming in from the window. The eerie blue glow seems to supercede the artificial light toward that end of the hall.

Bam feels a brief chill in the hall. He rubs his left arm and takes a step back into the room. As he turns he hears a heart-stopping scream that seems to surround him. He holds his ears to stop the sound, but his attempt is futile. He slowly drops to one knee as he begins to lose balance. His nose begins to bleed as the sound only serves to numb his already shaking limbs.

Without so much as a groan, he collapses.

Sometime later he is awaken. As he slowly opens his eyes, he immediately closes them as the light floods his vision. It is painful. He tries to open his eyes again. This time he hears a voice:

"Boss! Boss, you okay?"

He continues to open his eyes and can now just barely make out Tony's form. Although he is not talking to him. Again he hears the shout:

"Boss, you okay??!?"

As Bam opens his eyes, he now realizes why Tony is not yelling at him. Bam is across the room in a hospital, watching Tony speak to his mortal shell. Bam moves closer. He realizes the room is overly bright. There is something else he notices. There is someone staring at him. An old oriental man, hunched over, holding onto a cane. The old man only points and laughs as Bam's disbelief. He makes no attempt to say or do anything else. Bam stops walking toward his body and Tony, and now turns to the old man, becoming irritated.

Bam: What are we laughin' at old man? Never seen an out of body experience before?

Old Man: Oh, I have, young one. (Snickering) It is YOU who has never seen such a thing before.

Bam (sensing something): Do I KNOW you old man?

The Old Man's face falls, and he suddenly looks agitated.

Old Man: You have (His voice now guttural) OTHER ISSUES AT HAND!

Suddenly Bam hears a long beep come from where his body was, doctors rush in, they force Tony aside. Tony is trying to fight through them to get back to Bam. As Bam gets nearer to his body, he starts to feel a whoosh of air, it is as if a vortex is drawing him closer to his body.

Doctor #1: WE'RE LOSING HIM!!

Doctor #2: GET THAT ANIMAL UNDER CONTROL OVER THERE!!!

Bam dives toward his body.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Bam opens his eyes.

He sits up as the team of doctors stands back, their collective eyes open in absolute amazement.

Bam looks over at Tony as he slides one leg off the side of the bed.

Bam: You ready Tone?

Tony: I'll get the car.

Tony immediately walks away. Bam continues to move off the bed, as medical staff insists he lay back down. One person tried to tell him he was "in shock".

Bam stood up, ripped the heart rate monitor and I.V. off, and turned to the door. The people in the E.R. formed a wall in front of him, to prevent him from leaving.

Bam: You're all gonna be in shock, if you don't get outta my fuckin' way. I gotta go get some sleep.

Bam grabbed his shirt and walked out the door, as the room now echoed with the sound of his heart rate monitor flat lining and the silent stares of the on-lookers.

Later the next day, Bam is awakened by his phone ringing. He struggles to grab the phone.

He looks at the ID.

Bam: I can't imagine what this bitch wants NOW.

He flips open the phone, sitting up, and visibly irritated.

Bam: Hello

Valerie Stern: Why, am I talking to the living dead?

Bam: Man, think of the ticket sales if I had kicked off, huh?

VS: Don't think that didn't cross my mind. But now my focus is shifting to if you are going to be able to compete in my show.

Bam: I'll be there.

VS: Oh, I know you'll be there. If you are in a body cast, wheelchair, and so badly broken that you MAY die, you'll be there. I need to get every penny out of you that you've have been so generously paid.

Bam: What, no flowers?

VS: I'm not wasting another cent on you, and nor am I taking ANY chances on you botching up this show. You are to report, AT ONCE, to Dr. Baxter for immediate examination, so that I will have a FULL report on your ability to perform.

Bam: I just said. I'll be there.

VS: You will be in Dr. Baxter's office in 45 minutes, or you will be paying more than you made on this scam of yours, while you jeopardize the credibility of my operation.

The phone goes dead.

Bam: What a fucking bitch.

Bam's frown turns to a smile as he gets up to get dressed.

10 minutes later.

Bam is turning the corner in the loading area in the arena, making his way to Dr. Baxter's office. As he goes to knock on the door, he sees a familiar figure barking orders, obscured by the frosted glass.

VS: You WILL show that he is able to compete. You will assess that he is in perfect health. There will be no mistaking that TCW will NOT be on the losing end of this disaster. Am I clear??

Voice: Absolutely, ma'm.

As Bam opens the door, he cannot help be delight is Valerie Stern's complete shock.

VS: H..How...(Regaining her composure) You certainly SEEM well enough to compete.

Bam: Stern, settle down. I will sign ANYTHING you want to prove to you that I am as ready as EVER to compete. This is no bullshit.

VS: Really? I would dare say this shocks me. What are you up to?

Bam: Christ woman, there is no tag line. No asterisk. No, OH BY THE WAY. I'm ready to go. NOW, if you like.

VS: Hmm. Is that so?

Bam: Uh, yeah.

VS: Outstanding then. I will meet you at ringside in 10 minutes with someone who will prove who's right here.

Bam: Ten minutes at ringside, I got it.

Bam shakes his head as she pushes by him and immediately starts a conversation over her headset as she heads down the hallway.

He looks over at Baxter, who seems relieved to be removed from the equation.

Bam: She always like this?

Baxter puts his hands in the air.

Bam: Yeah, I know...

Ringside.

Bam makes his way down the ramp to where he sees Valerie and an older, heavyset gentleman with a comb over.

Bam's eyes do not deviate from Stern. He can only smile to himself thinking how this old man was going to prove he's right.

He stops two feet from Stern and a man, who he recognizes as Herbert Wallace III, head of legal counsel.

Bam (Nodding to each to greet them): Stern, Mr. Wallace.

VS: Herbert, the personal affidavit, please.

Wallace opens his briefcase and places a document on top of it. Valerie Stern hands Bam her pen.

VS: Sign it.

Bam: I'd like to read it first, if it's all the same.

Valerie makes a sigh of irritation, as she turns to look at Wallace. Wallace shrugs his shoulders as he hands Bam the paper to read.

After a few moments, Bam places the paper down and signs it.

VS: See that wasn't so hard, was it? And now for that for that proof I talked about.

Bam now looks confused. What was it he missed?

VS: You will now get in the ring with Midnight.

Bam: What's a Midnight?

VS: THAT is Russell "Midnight" Simmons.

Stern motions toward the ring that managed to escape Bam's vision as he made his way to ringside.

In the ring stood a large black man. Bam judged he was somewhere close to 7 foot tall. And he easily tipped the 300-pound mark. The man's all-black garb did not hide his massive arms, which were folded across his chest.

VS: Don't worry, you don't have to win, you just have to show me you can compete.

Bam: I feel bad that I'm gonna mess up your boy.

Midnight chimed right in.

RS: Don't bet on it freak. I'm gonna make you wish you stayed in the hospital.

Bam climbed into the ring.

Bam (condescendingly): Damn Russ, why you gotta get all personal, homey?

Midnight drops his hands to his sides, and merely moves his fingers, cracking every knuckle.

RS: This is gonna be a lot of fun for me. I usually help train the guys, but I ain't never been asked to beat someone's ass that was on the roster.

Bam: Glad I could make your day, brah.

Midnight is unphased by Bam's banter as he removes his sunglasses and places them in the corner.

Stern moves a few rows back and then sits in the center of the row. Wallace has joined her.

VS: You may begin.

The bell sounds, with no one at the announce table. As Bam turns to see who rung the bell, Midnight drops him with a massive clothesline. The sound echoes in the arena. A ref has come from somewhere to officiate.

Bam rolls out of the way, as Midnight tries to stomp him. He manages to roll to his feet, this time ducking under another clothesline.

Bam: You're fast for a big man.

Midnight ignores him, as he tries to kick him in the midsection. Bam steps back into the ropes, only to eat a right hand that sends him over the top and to the floor.

Bam gets to his feet as Midnight lands next to him, then rams him into the ring post. As he goes to do it a second time, Bam drops and pulls Midnight forward into the post. He then gets back in the ring as the ref counts "5".

Midnight cautiously gets back in the ring as Bam patiently waits across from him. Bam is smiling while Midnight is emotionless. The two lock up in the middle of the ring. At first it seems that Bam is going to force Midnight back, but a boot to the gut stops Bam cold.

As he doubles over, Midnight tries to set him up for a pump handle slam. Bam donkey kicks him in the face to stop the move.

Bam then hits Midnight with an elbow to the face as he recovers, following it with a sit out reverse bulldog.

Bam howls out loud, never taking his eyes off of Midnight:

"Ain't Fortune a bitch, Stern??"

As Midnight gets to one knee, he low blows Bam.

Bam drops as Midnight quickly hops on him and puts him into a sleeper. Bam notices someone else now in the stands, though he can't quite make out who it is.

Bam steps forward and drops to his knees, forcing a jawbreaker. Midnight staggers back, and Bam completely telegraphs a spear, eating the ring post.

Midnight goes to pick him up, and Bam runs him into the opposite corner of the ring. Again Bam glances to see who is up in the stands. It's Malaki.

Bam continues hitting Midnight as the ref calls for the break. Bam kicks him once for good measure, and then backs off.

Midnight now staggers to his feet. Bam connects with the spear this time, shaking the ring.

Bam now poises himself as Midnight gets up again. He kicks him in the gut. As Midnight leans forward, Bam powerbombs him into the center of the ring. Bam then goes to complete the Red Emblem, by putting on a Sharpshooter.

Midnight has other plans, however, using his massive legs to send Bam flying. As the two get to their feet, they head straight for each other, locking up.

Bam hits him with a series of furious punches almost knocking the big man off his feet. Then he kicks Midnight in the gut again, catches him, and lifts him on his shoulders.

In a split second, Stern stands up yelling.

"THAT'S IT. STOP THE MATCH."

Before she can complete the command, however, Bam has again seen Malaki looking on. He then drops Midnight with an inverse powerbomb, as Stern's final word echoes.

Bam stands over Midnight, who is in a heap in the middle of the ring. Stern is yelling indiscernible speech as Bam continues to focus on Malaki, who is now standing, sarcastically applauding at him.

Stern is now in the ring, and grabs Bam by the face, gaining his full attention.

VS: WHEN I GIVE AN ORDER, I EXPECT YOU LISTEN!!!

Bam (staring coldly through Stern): Mad, are we Val? Your boy didn't get the job done?

VS: From now on, you'll do what I say. You had the match, you proved your point.

Bam: Sorry, I'm an exclamation point kinda guy, ya know?

VS: Get out of my sight.

[i]Bam stepped out of the ring as he looked up to see Malaki was gone. No doubt he was here to see the show. But was it intellectual curiosity, or was it to see Bam get mutilated. Maybe it was both. He was going to have to spend some time learning more, time was running out.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:01 am
Too much time on my hands

Stiff, glowing cat eyes shone down from the top of the arena, watching the inpromptu match in the middle of the ring below. Not a single movement, nor drop of sweat falling to the mat was missed. Inferno smiled behind his mask as he watched his future opponent overcome the larger man. An opponent who knew how to deal with his kind would be the challenge he was looking for. If one could see his spirit, it would appear to be on fire...an inferno of excitement. He stepped back into the safety of the darkness once again.

He always knew this moment would come. A moment in his life, where just once, maybe, he could touch the light with a great achievement.

----------------------

"The stage is almost set," Commissioner Stern declared, folding her arms and staring at Malaki from across her desk.

"So you garuntee that Bam will be a non factor in the match?," Malaki said. "How can you be sure of that?"

"Easy. I had him sign a contract, and it says that he will be competing...no matter what physical condition he's in," Stern said. "So, say, if he were to get injured, even if he had to be carted down to the ring on a gurney, he would still have to participate. He had a suspiciously fast recovery earlier...but no matter. I'll make sure the job is done. They'll have to drag him to the ring when Midnight is through with him. I don't care what condition he's in as long as his name is on the marquee."

"And what about Inferno?" Malaki said. "Shamrock I know. Welfare I can talk to, but Inferno...he's still an issue. I can't take out my opponents in this match if I'm worried about that freak coming after me."

"Don't worry about him. He's a rookie and a head-case, nothing more. I've already arranged for him to be taken care of, in my own special way. Nobody fucks with Valerie Stern," she said, nodding her head firmly. "And with them out of the way, your path to the Cup and the Transcontinential title will be cleared."

Malaki grinned, he already liked the sound of that. "And you know I want a match with Darkness."

"Precisely. If you win the Cup, you'll be able to challenge anybody, for any title here in TCW. You could request a match for the world title straight away if you wanted to. Darkness has become nothing more than a liability to this company. You have proven your own worth already,' Stern said, pointing to the FWRFed World Heavyweight title. "You're a reliable man, and I want you to take up the torch and be the face of both federations."

"Excellent!" Malaki said.

----------------------

Bam stepped back into his locker room with a look of annoyance on his face. "Fuckin' broad, I don't know what her problem is," he said. "With the way she's acting..."

"It sounds like she doesn't even want you anywhere near the Cup, boss," Tony said.

"Ya think? She hires me for this one-match deal, and promises future matches if I can draw. Yet, she couldn't care less if I were injured or not. I don't get that cold bitch. I am starting to think that this was a bad idea. Check outside for me, would ya, Tone?"

Tony quickly pulled the door open and looked all around, left, right, up, down, nobody stood in the hallway. "It's all clear, boss," he said.

"Good. Now sit the hell down and listen to me very carefully," the Big Bamilicious said, taking a sip of Coke.

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:24 pm
Profile YIM
Mid Carder

Location: Em Eye Crooked letter crooked letter oh you are eye no one can do it better

As he turned to walk out of Ms. Stern's office a thought crossed his mind simultaneous to a smirk crossing his face.

"There is one thing though" he said, turning back towards her.

"Yes?" she asked, already preoccupied in some paperwork marked most urgent

"Well I've never been in a TCW ring before..." Malaki started.

"No, really?" Stern replied the sarcasm in her voice evident , still not taking her gaze off the paperwork.

"Well if you want me to be successful I should probably get in there and bounce around with someone, don't you think?"

Stern finally dropped the paperwork and looked at Malaki. "Why in the world would you want to do that?"

"Well to see the bounce in the ring, the tightness of the ropes. These things can vary from place to place, and I want to make sure I feel at home in there....so I don't let you down of course."

"Mmmm hmmm" Stern replied, staring a hole through him.

"And if you happened to pass word to my opponents so that they would show up...."

"That's what I figured you were getting at" Stern said with a smile. "Fine. Bruce, if you would, go inform Bam that Mr. Malaki here has personally invited him to a run through tomorrow."

"With Pleasure" Bruce smirked, as he walked out of the office.

"Inferno though, I'm not sure how to get word to him. Other than searching the bowls of the arena that is. And if you think I'm going down there..."

Malaki cut her off.

"He'll show. I'm not worried about it. And thanks."

With that Malaki turned to leave but from over his shoulder he heard a veiled warning.

"I hope you know what you're doing."

"Oh I do," Malaki laughed as he walked out of her office.

"Good. Now sit the hell down and listen to me very carefully," the Big Bamilicious said, taking a sip of Coke.

Tony did as he was asked, waiting for Bam to give him some instruction.

"First, I need you to tell me everything you know about this Malaki guy. Did you find anything else out?"

Tony flipped through some papers he had conveniently sitting next to him.

"There's not much to tell boss. All this you already know. Looks like he's just a fighter who ended up switching to pro wrestling after some jail time."

"Bullshit," Bam yelled. "That's not the way it works around here Tone. You know that. No one is makes finger quotes in the air "just a pro wrestler"".

"I'm just telling you what it says boss!"

The blue flames danced in Bam's eyes. There was something more to this guy, there had to be. Just a pro wrestler he though. Yeah right.

"Ok, well what about this Inferno cat?"

"Even less boss. Apparently he has done some work for some other federations, but other than being a big ole dominant machine there's not much info."

"God Damnitt" Bam started pacing. "Ok well keep getting info on them, there's no way this is going to work without...."

knock knock knock

"The hell? Go answer the door Tone" Bam commanded, unhappy with being interrupted.

Tone, opened the door a crack, to attempt to peek outside of it, but the door came flying in anyways, and Bruce stood before them, a smile on his face.

"Oh what the hell do YOU want?" Bam asked, rising to his feet.

"Special delivery for Mr Bammy!" Bruce responded.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"Yeah?"

"Uhh yeah"

"So where's the delivery?"
Bam asked, getting annoyed.

"It's not a package or anything, just a message." Bruce responded.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"JUST TELL ME THE MESSAGE."
Bam yelled, blue flames rising in his eyes, matching the red flames that rose in Bruce's as past angers started to manifest themselves.

"FWRFed Champion Malaki has personally invited you to observe his closed workout session, tomorrow afternoon. I'd advise attending."

With that, Bruce gave a laugh and walked away.

"What....the....fuck?" Bam asked aloud.

"What boss?" Tone asked, finally getting the door shut again.

"A closed workout? Why the fuck would he want a closed workout?"

"Well isn't that what wrestlers do? Train and go over moves and all that?"

Bam slapped his forehead.

"Tony, that's not what pro-wrestling is. Pro-wrestling is about being in the mafia, and life and death, and selling your soul to Bleeder for......." Bam stopped, looking at the blank look in Tony's eyes.

"Nevermind. A closed workout session? Who the hell ever heard of such a thing? This guy must be crazy!" Bam said, as he returned to his seat next to Tony.

Bam settled into a seat in the front row of the empty arena. It was dark, just the lights above the ring on. He still wasn't sure why Malaki had invited him to this...whatever it was. He wasn't about to miss an opportunity to scout an opponent though that was for sure.

Just as he thought Malaki wasn't going to show, the FWRFed champion strolled down to the ring, accompanied by TCW Road Agent Adam Wilson. Malaki flashed Bam a smile as the two got in the ring, but Bam couldn't help but notice that Malaki kept looking up to the rafters, as if he expected to see someone. Bam himself looked to the ceiling, and for a split second thought he saw the glow of two eyes, like a cat at the foot of your bed in the darkness. However, as soon as he saw them, they were gone, and he instead again focused his attention on the ring.

"We going full speed?" Wilson asked to Malaki, who was gingerly bouncing off the ropes and trotting around the ring.

"Unless that bothers you? Malaki said, not taking his attention off learning the spring in the ropes.

"It'd bother me to slow down" Wilson responded, a smile on his face, always happy to be able to step in the ring and help someone train.

Bam took all this in, with a frown. He began muttering to himself: "This is insane. Where's the set up? Where's the supernatural powers? What the hell is going on here? Are these two really just having an improve match for the fuck of it?"

Apparently they were, as Wilson and Malaki met in the center of the ring. They squared off in a collar and elbow tie up, and Wilson got the early advantage, pushing Malaki towards a corner. As he backed up though, Malaki quickly grabbed the back of Wilson's head and used his own momentum to reverse the move, throwing Wilson into the turnbuckles.

"Not bad, kid." Wilson laughed.

Malaki smiled.

Bam continued to look over his shoulder, knowing this was some kind of trap.

Wilson again advanced on Malaki, but found himself caught in a headlock. Wilson went low, taking Malaki's arm with him and spun around the champion, catching him in a reverse hammerlock. Malaki attempted to break the hold with elbows, but the crafty veteran was able to dodge them all, pushing Malaki forward towards the corner. Malaki used this momentum to roll forward in a summersault, pulling Wilson behind him, breaking the hold and landing them both on the mat. Malaki got to his feet first and began dropping knees into the prone form of Wilson, then quickly scooped him up and deposited him with a snap suplex, delivering a legdrop only a split second thereafter.

Malaki stood and walked towards the ropes staring at Bam, a smile on his face. He then again looked upwards to the rafters, as if he was eyeing the darkness for something. Bam followed his gaze but saw nothing. He returned his focus to the ring in time to see Wilson get to his feet and approach behind Malaki, delivering blows to his back, then spinning him around, grabbing him in a headlock and depositing him on the mat with a bulldog.

"That's what he gets" Bam said to himself.

Wilson approached Malaki and drug him to his feet. Reeling, Malaki staggered, but staggered directly into several stiff chops that sent the champion to the corner. Pulling him out a bit, Wilson positioned himself to deliver a snap suplex, but Malaki delivered a blow to the veterans midsection, giving him enough time to free himself and deliver a devastating ddt to the road agent.

Malaki then, again, walked towards the ropes in front of Bam. Smiling. Then again, the champion began looking to the rafters.

"Just what the fuck do you think you're doing?" Bam shouted at him, the blue flames in his eyes dancing.

At this point Wilson was back on his feet, and went to charge at Malaki, but Malaki sidestepped him, pushing him into the ropes. Wilson sprang forward back at Malaki but was picked up in midair. Suddenly Malaki reversed his direction depositing Wilson on the mat a devastating spinebuster, the move he affectionately had named the Omega Drop.

"Yeah real tough" Bam called from ringside. "Let's see you do that to ME!"

Malaki motioned to Bam to enter the ring.

Wilson rolled out of the ring, while he was good at keeping the peace in the back amongst the wrestlers, he decided that stepping between these two wasn't worth the trouble. Besides, being the recipient of an omega drop does horrible things to one's back.

And Bam stood, hopping over the railing with ease. He slowly went up the steps and into the ring, staring a hole through Malaki. He entered the ring but kept his distance, staring at the man dressed in black.

"So what's your angle huh? Why the hell would you want me here?"

Malaki stood silent.

"You think your little demonstration with a road agent intimidated me?"

Malaki again said nothing, as the two began to circle each other.

"Damnit man, say something. WHAT THE FUCK IS.........that?"

With that Bam pointed to the opposite side of the ring. Malaki carefully ciricled so he could see the direction Bam was pointing without exposing his back. Coming towards them through an aisle was an enormous man, dressed in black with a mask to match his clothes. Only his cat like eyes exposed.

Inferno stepped over the railing with ease and climbed into the ring, a gurgling laugh emitting from underneath his mask as he looked, first at Bam, then at Malaki.

The three stood poised, all ready for someone else to make the first move.

In a dark skybox, Valerie Stern overlooked what was going on in the ring below. She had watched Malaki dispatch of one of her road agents, and now peered down upon her hired gun in the ring with both Bam and Inferno. She picked up her cell phone and dialed a number with speed dial. Speaking into it she kept her message brief.

"Malaki got them in the ring. Both of them. You know what to do."

With that she closed the phone, and sat back to watch the ensuing fireworks.

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:34 pm

The blue light on Stern's headset clicked off as she folded her hands and watched the ring below. The 3 combatants in the ring below stood with a silent anticipation. Malaki keenly eyed both of his opponents. Bam's chest heaved heavily as he worked himself into a frothy rage. Inferno stood motionless, ominously glaring into nothingness from behind his mask. Malaki stepped back slightly, gauging where the assault would come from first and turned toward the frenzied Bam. Bam locked eyes with Malaki, expecting something. As he turned to square up with Malaki, he is dropped to the mat with a massive right hand. Inferno immediately begins kicking Bam as he is down. Malaki pauses for a moment, not needing to exert himself. Inferno's assault continues, as Bam tries to roll away. Inferno stepped squarely on Bam's chest, nearly pinning him to the mat.

Suddenly there is a rumble that shakes both the ring and arena. Malaki promptly rolls out of the ring. Inferno, momentarily stunned by the quake, tripped up by its force combined with Bam pushing free. As Bam struggled to his feet, Inferno was wavering side to side as the arena went black. The rumbling ceased.

Bam grumbled out loud as he barely made out Inferno's form nearby.

"How does an open-air auditorium go black?"

Inferno ominously answered back.

"An interesting question, indeed."

Bam could now hear something. It sounded like a distant thunder.

No.

Was it clapping? The unison of scuffling feet.

"We got company, Godzilla."

Inferno: So it would seem that company was in no shortage.

Two blinding spotlights hit the ring where Bam and Inferno stood. Bam tried to shield his eyes so that he could see his surroundings, but it was to no avail. A voice then boomed over the sound system.

"Gentlemen. I am terribly sorry. But in this next bout, Malaki will not be able to participate, due to the fact that I am in need of his expertise. However, in his place I believe I have found a suitable substitution."

The spotlights cut off and the arena rumbled again, this time, Bam was able to see a series of helicopters lifting a lid off of the roof.

Inferno was the first to speak.

"We are most definitely not alone"

As Bam now turned his attention to ringside, he was slightly unnerved as he saw the ring surrounded by what looked like a riot squad. He looked up at Stern, with Malaki now seated at her side.

Stern stood and addressed the two men in the ring.

"You see. Malaki is a one-man army, I thought it only fair to proxy him as such. I cannot afford for anything to happen to my investment until the show. Now, Inferno, if you are too banged up to compete, that is just too bad. Mr. Bam, however, you have signed a contract that states you'll be wrestling if you're on life support. And frankly, I think there are PLENTY of people who would pay to see that."

Bam sneered as he fired back.

"YOU FUCKIN' BITCH!!! THIS ALL YOU GOT??!! WHEN THIS IS DONE, YOU ARE GONNA WISH YOU NEVER FUCKIN' BROUGHT ME HERE!!!"

Stern didn't waste a moment.

"I already wish I never brought you here. You are far more trouble than you are worth."

Suddenly a buzzer sounds in the arena, and the men in black gear begin to ascend into the ring.

Inferno immediately grabs two on the ring apron by their heads and hurls them into the masses, downing several.

Bam is busy hitting all comers with elbows, chops, kicks and flurries of punches to try to waylay them. He is grunting like a savage beast.

Conversely, Inferno is silently manhandling people as they approach. It is almost like his quiet precision is out done by the devastation that befalls those foolish enough to enter his grasp. As one man tries to grab Inferno's mask as his hands are full, Bam spears the man cleanly out of the ring and into a heap onto the arena floor.

As the army poured into the ring, now armed with what looked like stun sticks, the two combatants amped up their own game. Inferno kicked one man into another, as Bam wrested two stun sticks from the first two unfortunate souls he could encounter. Bam now screamed like a madman swinging the batons wildly, dropping the dwindling numbers to their knees. Inferno was stung once, and merely turned and chokeslam the man, as if he had been tapped on the shoulder. In his effort, he found himself surrounded. He quickly dispelled the crowd by raising both arms and spinning furiously in a circle. Soon the two were overrun, and had to swim through a sea of beatings to eventually clear the ring.

Suddenly, the only motion in the ring was Bam shaking, on one knee, bleeding from his head, looking for his next target. Inferno was now supporting himself on the ropes. Both men had several burn marks on their clothing and skin.

Stern got right back on the intercom.

"You did better than I anticipated and kudos to both of you for that. And I have obviously made a poor choice in my substitution for Malaki, (she leans toward the smirking Malaki) and for that I am truly sorry. But as this was to be a precursor to your upcoming match, there is still no clear-cut winner with this result. So I am going to have to insist you continue until there is a single victor."

Bam looked over at Inferno who now stood off the ropes. Bam raised his hand to Inferno, to allow for a moment as he pulled himself to his feet.

Bam: Lady, why don't you send pretty boy down here so we can see who really is the better man? You know, I've got some LOVE for my boy there.

VS: I am sure you do. (Malaki stands) You would love for me to let him come down there to pick up the pieces. I will spare you today. I believe you are good and ready for the show, now. So really, in the end, like any good business venture, I am the winner.

Inferno leans back on the ropes and flips himself standing to the floor, kicking a few men as he makes his way out of the arena, without uttering a word. Bam wipes his head to notice the blood dripping from it. He drops down and rolls out of the ring under the bottom rope, slightly wobbling as he walks.

He mumbles to himself:

"I got yer fuckin' pieces right here."

He turns to the aisle where Stern and Malaki are being ushered away by Stern's security. Bam makes a superhuman leap, some 20 rows up into the stands to confront Stern and Malaki, only to be greeted by a precision kick squarely to the chest, that sends him tumbling head-over-feet for five rows. The resulting crash leaving him tangled in the twisted mess of hinged stadium seating, seemingly unconscious.

Malaki moved forward to finish the job, but Stern stopped him.

VS: Don't waste your time. Look at him, he's not moving. He is going to be in NO shape to wrestle for the show, but HE no longer has an option, the hot-headed fool.

Malaki turns and walks up the stairs and out of the arena, as Stern and her people walk past him, he pauses to turn an look over his shoulder at his handy work again. To his shock, there is no one lying in the wreckage where Bam was. No sign but a bloody smudge and a small pool of blood. No trail leading away. Nothing. Malaki looked around the arena. There was no sign at all.

And from a remote corner of the arena, a form steps back into the shadows, also taking notice of what has just happened.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:19 am

Everything was going according to plan for Malaki, or so it seemed. He had taken out the so-called 'Big Bamlicious', and yet it didn't feel like he had done much of anything. The eerie vision of the bloody, empty arena remained stuck in his head. Could he possibly have walked away with that kind of injury? Or was it his mind playing tricks on him?

The back of his neck prickled. There was no time for him to turn around as his fears were quickly confirmed. Gigantic, musclar arms wrapped around his body and constricted him with a vicegrip. His compressed ribcage forced him to gasp out his next words.

"You son of a bitch, I knew you weren't human!"

"Probably not." But it wasn't Bam's voice that answered.

It was Inferno's.

The arms lifted him into the air, and chucked him into the wall as they pumped with full strength. Malaki didn't even have time to shut his eyes before the wall said hello, with authority. "I don't like the way you play, Malaki," the low voice said.

"Heh..." Malaki said, staggering to his feet. "Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same."

His answer came in the form of a thick, black-gloved fist, connecting hard into his lower back. It was deadly and precise, causing a pain to shoot up through Malaki's spine. Imagine your entire back feeling like it's on fire, and your amrs and legs tingling all over for a few moments, and this is about what you get. Malaki fell to his knees, reaching for the first thing he his hands could grasp...a chain, which he quickly wrapped around his fist. He waited for the shadow to fall over him again, and quickly turned around with a blind punch.

The steel struck Inferno's left knee, and the big man stumbled back, trying to retain his vertical base. In no time at all again, Inferno charged with a right knee aimed at Malaki's back! At the last second, his target moved, causing him to grunt in frustration. He was angry, but not exactly running on full, the wounds from the earlier battle still stung.

"This guy's resilient...but..." Malaki thought.

"I swear, I am going to make you swallow your fucking eyeballs!" Inferno screamed in a rage.

"What are you so angry over? All I want is the gold. And so do you," Malaki retorted, standing into a fighting position slowly. "You want to be a champion, huh? The fat hoss that gets to make an early impact."

The shadow rushed forward, seemingly only a pair of glowing eyes in the darkness, as Malaki thrust his chain-covered fist forward. Inferno's hand caught it as he grappled with his opponent. Never before did his emotionless mask show so much emotion, the catlike eyes staring through Malaki with hate. Hate. HATE.

"Don't try to play the hero," Malaki said as he resisted Inferno's attack. "It doesn't suit you, monster. All you are is a monster...who thinks he can be a champion."

As if on cue, Malaki thrust his knee into Inferno's chest, the big man losing his breath for a second. He never let up with the brief advantage, smashing into his opponent's ribcage. Once. Twice. Three times. And a fourth strike, with the chains. The crackle of a rib on the fourth was music to Malaki's ears, as the monster finally fell back to his knees.

"No monster could ever be a champion of the people," Malaki said, opening his coat, revealing the FWRFed World title. He approached his opponent, triumphant, with raised hands, one of which struck with authority against Inferno's vurnurable head. "Only I can. Me. Malaki. Soon to be TCW Transcontinential champion...and then TCW World champion. Now and forever." He raised his other fist, covered in the deadly steel, to finish the job.

He never even saw it. For a brief second, he felt as if he were falling into nothing...and then an attack from the darkness itself, his nose pushing itself against his left cheek with an audible slap as the force of Inferno's fist destroyed bone and cartiledge in an instant. As if his body and mind both disbelieved it, Malaki's hand shot up to his face, the howl escaping the moment it met his mutilated, crimson nose.

The sound of approaching men was not missed through the screaming. Still clutching his chest, the monster made his escape.

----------------------------
Bam slowly pulled himself to his feet, from the filthy alley floor. He ignored the horrible stench of the garbage and the wet feeling of the drizzle that had begun to fall. The heavens cried for him. Shrugging it off, he forced his shoulder back into it's socket, and covered a wound that had already begun to stain his hand with crimson. He could smell his own flesh sizzled from repeated strikes from those damn stun sticks, as he blinked rainwater from his eyes.

"It'll heal, Bam," he said to himself as he began to limp along. "Dammit, what are they feeding those rookies these days?"

Outside of the arena was the first place that came to mind when he teleported, and that little stunt left him fresh out of energy. Besides, he couldn't just poof to his locker room anyway. If anyone came in and saw him like this, what would they think? Rumors would spread that he had been defeated by a rookie. Well, a rookie and a fuckin' army.

No, he needed to find somewhere safe. Secluded. Stern and Malaki seemed to think he was done, along with Inferno trying to take vengance for him...but they, all of them, underestimated him.

"No rookie is ever going to put down the Big Bamilicious!" he cried, flexing his muscles, and then held his side quickly. Sure it hurt now, but give him some time, and he'd be back. And better, stronger, faster than ever! They'd ALL remember him as the star that he was!

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:53 am
Profile YIM

Bam hobbled to the payphone as he leaned against the cinderblock wall that supported it. This was going to be an expensive collect call.

Message: Por favor. Se necestia que depositar doscientos pesos por tres minutos. O, oprima el numero zero, de se necesitas ayuda.

Bam stared at the phone momentarily stunned and defeated. He was going to slam the receiver through the wall, when he heard the phone ringing.

Operator: El numero del telephono de quieres llamar?

Bam: NO ESSPANEESH. ME Speaka da English.

The operator remained silent for a moment. Bam stared at the phone as if the woman on the other end might actually see the plea on his face.

Operator: Wha de nombah joo weeshing to caw pliz.

Bam paused for elation then began reciting Tony's cell phone number.

Operator: An joo name?

Bam: Do what?

Operator: Joo name, joo name. De teeng joo are calling jooseff.

Bam: OH. MY NAME. Bam.

Operator: Ben.

Bam: Bam

Operator: Bann?

Bam: No Bam.

Operator: Ya, Bang.

Bam: No, no. Bam.

Operator: OH, Bem.

Bam: Sure try that.

A long moment of silence ensued as Bam patiently waited for Tony to come on to the phone line.

Operator: Mr. Beng?

Bam rolled his eyes.

Bam: Yes.

Operator: Hokay, he gonna haksep de chahg.

Bam: De chahg?

Operator: Jess. Hab a goo day..

Bam: WHAT?

A new voice was now on the line.

"This is Tone."

Bam: Where you at.

Tony: Boss?

Bam: Yeah. I need you to meet me in the south side alley by the arena.

Tony: Shit. I'm there in 2 minutes.

Bam: Beautiful.

Bam slammed the phone back on the hook, and slowly made his way through the alley again. He wound up using the wall as support for the better part of his exodus.

Bam let a huge sigh of relief as he saw his limo pull up. He opened the door and slid across the backseat. Tony eyed him as the partition in the back lowered.

Tony: Jesus Christ boss, what the hell happened to you?

Bam: The closed workout session was a fuckin' set up.

Tony: Yeah?

Bam: Fuckin' A.

Tony: So what now? Not back to the hospital, I'm guessin?

Bam: To the hotel first. I need a moment to kinda relax. You never saw that other guy huh?

Tony: Who?

Bam: You know, fuckin' Godzilla. The big guy with the mask and the creepy and all that shit....

Tony: Ah. Inferno. Nah, I never saw him exit where I had the car parked.

Bam: It's just funny Tone, the more I learn about what's going on with Stern and Malaki, the less I seem to learn about anything else. And I still don't know a damned thing about Inferno. And that motherfucker looks like a lot to handle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in his own hotel room, Inferno sits, still clutching his chest. He has a small basin of water and some towels he is using to cleanse his wounds and clean himself up. The usually emotionless giant is visibly wincing in pain as he dabs a bloodied towel on a sore near his chest. His fury evident with each pulse of pain. His anger increasing with each sting from his wounds. This was far from over. Malaki was going to pay dearly for his actions. With a single hammering motion Inferno smashed the coffee table in front of him, sending water, porcelain and towels everywhere. Malaki was going to learn just how well a monster could be champion soon enough.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Across the other side of town, Malaki had his own plans. He sat at a table covered with food. He grabbed a leg of king crab and snapped it open and pulled the flesh out as he surveyed the table. This was how a champion should live. The finest things in life. Jet fresh king crab and prawns from Alaska. Kobe Beef from Japan. Pastries and wine flown from France and Italy. Fruits from all over the world. Malaki viewed the feast as the expectation of greatness. He held up his barely filled glass of Brunello red wine, and swirled it in his glass as he ran his nose by it to sample the bouquet. He then took a sip and placed the glass on the only open space in proximity to his large place setting. He was most definitely enjoying the partnership between Ms. Stern and himself. She had gone so far as to minimize his risk for the show by having his opponents beaten down brutally.

Then something seeped into his head. Would this be a true victory if his opponents were not at optimal performance?

He scoffed at the idea as he put a forkful of meat into his mouth. He would win even if they were in the primes of their lives. He grinned to himself as he poured more wine.

"I could beat ANYONE on their best day."

He laughed out loud as he tilted his head back slightly to drink.

However, the whole chair then jerked backward.

The wine glass flew out of his hand, sending wine everywhere after it shattered on a nearby wall.

He laid on his back for a moment laughing. And closed his eyes for a moment.

When he opened his eyes. He was staring Bam in the face.

Bam smiled a teethy grin down at him, then dropped a linen on his face.

His eyes widened with surprise and momentary fear.

Malaki leaned back with a full kick and found only air. As he spun to his feet, he arose to find the room....empty.

Malaki looked under tables. He kicked over chairs. He threw curtains back, kicked open doors, he looked everywhere.

He paused again. Perhaps he had indulged himself too much wine. Perhaps the unusual combination of all these different exotic foods were a bit much at once.

No matter. There was no cause for alarm. And now there was a huge mess.

He got on the phone.

"I need someone up here at once. There is a mess to be cleaned and I cannot continue eating until it is such."

He slammed the phone down as he poured himself a new glass of wine. He was going to definitely enjoy his upcoming match. He would then be able to relax just a little more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bam stepped out of his bathroom, and sat on his bed.

Tony: You didn't stink it up in there, did ya?

Bam: What are you the fuckin Febreeze man? If you gotta go, you gotta go.

Bam waved him on with a slight look of disgust. Tony holds his nose as he enters into the room. He then pokes his head quickly back out, pointing directly at Bam.

"You sir, are lucky."

Bam grinned slightly at the joke. He grinned even wider thinking about the look of shock on Malaki's face. He dropped a few ice cubes into his glass as he grabbed the bottle of Crown with the other. He opened it and poured it about a half inch into the glass. He then grabbed an open Coke and poured it over the top. At that moment Tony emerged from the bathroom, looking directly at Bam.

Tony: Tell me you did NOT just taint that Crown with a fuckin' Coke.

Bam sipped the drink, mocking Tony, putting his pinky in the air.

Bam: No, I ENHANCED IT.

Tony: Well then pass me one of those enhanced things. I'm about sick of tequila already.

Bam: Kay, but not too much, I hear you gotta drive your boss around tomorrow.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:46 pm
Mid Carder

Location: Em Eye Crooked letter crooked letter oh you are eye no one can do it better
Valerie Stern was sitting, as usual, in a skybox converted to an office. She ruled TCW with an iron fist, and as such, no one ever came and bothered her without an invitation. On the rare occasion someone did bother her, they at least bothered to knock on the door first. Malaki obviously hadn't gotten this memo. Ms. Stern's head shot up as the door flew open and Malaki walked in She began to reprimand him, but he was yelling before she could talk.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU GOTTEN ME INTO?" Malaki demanded, approaching her desk as Bruce stepped forward to stop any physicality. Adam Wilson, for his part, also took a step forward, but he was a bit more timid having already dealt with the FWRFed champion.

Ms Stern, however, stood up and pointed a finger in Malaki's face, taking charge of the problem herself.

" Don't you EVER storm in my office yelling at me. I'm not some damn Brent Powers ok? I will have your ass out of this industry so fast you won't know what the hell hit you. Are we understood? "

Malaki scowled. "No, we aren't understood. I haven't understood a damn thing since I got here. "

"What's that supposed to mean? " Stern asked, the annoyance in her voice obvious.

"It means, that since I've gotten here, I've done things your way. I've ran from fights. I've been your little henchman, I've done whatever you asked. And that's fine with me because I know that in that ring I can beat any man in the world."

Ms. Stern looked confused. "So what's the problem?"

"Perhaps I should have put the emphasis on the world MAN. As in HUMAN." Malaki retorted, sarcastically.

"Wh-What are you talking about?" Ms.Stern asked, her confidence starting to waiver.

"What am I talking about? I kicked Bam down two flights of stairs. Into concrete and folding chairs. I turn my head for one fucking second, and then he's gone? What the hell is that?"

"Well uhh " Stern tried to respond.

"And then I'm eating lunch, and suddenly Bam is right there, looking at me, and then POOF, he's gone again. That shit ain't normal."

"I'm sure there's a..." Ms Stern again tried to respond.

"And THEN there's this inferno character. Gigantic motherfucker. Wanders around in the dark. Yeah that's all well and good. But have you looked into his eyes? They aren't human. And have you seen my face?"

Malaki takes this opportunity to point at his crooked nose

"I've been hit in the face so many times I can't even remember. By the best in the world too. Brian Malone, Gabriel Bathory. Mohawk for God's sake! This guy punches harder than Mohawk!. He's not human I tell you! And another thing......"

"QUIET! Valerie commanded him, and Malaki actually shut up.

"It's just head games they are playing with you. Tricks. What do you think I would employ some supernatural creatures here or something?"

Ms. Stern laughed at this thought, Bruce and Adam Wilson joined in.

"Next thing you're going to tell me my world champion is a vampire slayer with an army of werewolf bodyguards!" Ms. Stern joked.

More laughter from Bruce and Wilson.

" Look, Malaki, if I had known that you would fall for head games this easy, I never would have brought you here. They are human just like you and me, ok? Calm down, you need to get some more sleep. This has got you all rattled. Go get some rest and I'm sure tomorrow this will all seem like a bad joke to you, ok?" Stern coaxed.

"It's not ok. I know what I saw." Malaki responded, turning to leave.

"You keep your head in the game Malaki. I went out on a limb for you here!" Ms. Stern called behind Malaki as the door shut to her office.

Valerie then sat at her desk. She was flustered but figured she had handled that well.

"If Bam and Inferno freak him out, I hate to see what's going to happen if he takes on Darnkess or Dante.........." she said to no one in particular.

In his hotel room, Bam had the crown royal bottle tipped upside down over his mouth. As the last drop of the whiskey fell into his throat, he grunted, and tossed the empty bottle across the room. It hit Tony in the head with a hollow "TINK" but he was so drunk he merely gurgled in his drunken sleep and rolled over.

Bam couldn't help laughing at this. The sound that bottle made was hilarious to his intoxicated mind.

"TINK" he yelled in the direction of Tony's passed out form before going on another unstoppable laughing spree. Bam wasn't sure why it was so funny to him but he could feel himself losing control. Some fresh air would probably do the trick, he thought to himself as he left the room.

In the overly dark alley outside his hotel, Bam was able to compose himself. He wasn't laughing anymore, but he wished he was. Now his mind had turned to the problems at hand. He had gotten to Malaki, that was for sure, but he had to wonder if that was the best method in all this. Because, if Malaki was taken out, then who was left? Just him and inferno. That beast.

As Bam was beginning to wonder whether he should have made friends with Malaki to try and team up on the beast, he was grabbed from behind in a rear naked choke by two massive arms. Even in his drunken stupor Bam was able to react, sending a heel flying into the crotch of his assailant. Though the hold was broken, Bam could tell without even turning around that the attacker wasn't phased by this. In fact, he almost thought he heard a low gurgling laughter.

Bam turned to face his assailant, and his fear was confirmed as he saw two cat like eyes peering at him from behind a mask. He didn't have time to take this in, as his eyes suddenly filled with a bright flash of light. Bam had been hit in the face enough to know that Inferno had gotten him right on the bridge of the nose, and he swung at the darkness, waiting for the temporary blindness to subside.

He hit nothing though, and instead felt a massive foot kick him square in the chest, knocking him down. As his vision returned Bam looked up at the giant masked man on top of him. Inferno pinned Bam down with all his weight and began choking him, using both hands to restrict the blood flow to Bam's brain.

Bam tried anything he could to get out of this, but he was too week. The alcohol in his body combined with this restricted amount of blood to the brain was making it impossible for him to fight back. He could literally feel the life being squeezed from him.

Bam looked up for one last time, fearing that this might be the way it ended. Suddenly though, a black figure came out of no where and landed a hard knee to the side of Inferno's head, knocking him off of Bam.

Bam rolled over, gasping for air, and distinctly heard the man who saved him say in the crisp night air:

" PUNCH ME IN MY FACE WILL YA? BIG OLE SACK OF SHIT!"

The man in black was now on top of inferno and through blurred vision Bam saw him landing repeated elbows to the back of the giant's head. 10 or 12 of them right in succession, but the giant was still on one knee. Then the man in black took a few steps, and ran as fast as he could, delivering a concussion kick to the side of Inferno's head.

Bam was sure that would be it, but he was shocked as he heard the low gurgling laughter again. He watched as Inferno stood, the gurgling growing.

" That's what I was hoping I could expect from you. " a loud voice boomed from behind the mask.

The man in black stood, paralyzed, watching the scene the same as Bam was from the ground. Neither took their eyes off the giant as he faded into the darkness, disappearing into it, becoming one with it.

Bam finally began to struggle to his feet, his senses beginning to return to him. As he did, he came face to face for the first time with the man who saved him, a man who had now taken a fighting stance against Bam.

Weak, Bam did the only thing he could. He closed his eyes.

And he was gone. Leaving Malaki alone in the alleyway.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:38 pm

Valerie Stern slumped in her desk quietly, an air of despair around her. She hated it. Nothing seemed to go right, even with all the control in the world. Silently, she made the sign of the cross and clasped her hands, resulting in a chuckle from Bruce.

Valerie snapped angrily. "You know what, get the fuck out of here, I'm not in the mood. Everybody out! I want silence."

"Fine." Bruce said, hiding the grin on his face as he walked out the door.

At times like these it was necessary to pray. Her problem wasn't all that easy to fix after all. She was fooling herself, now it seemed there was no way Malaki could win, even with all she had given to him, with the road she was trying to pave for his path to victory. How could she ever hope for him to take the title from Darkness if he couldn't handle a psychotic rookie and a washed up old Hellfire Club member? Of course, that was exactly the problem.

She could feel it slipping away. The federation she had worked hard to create was becoming...diseased. Someone like Darkness as her champion was a living nightmare. Not now, especially not when TCW was under scrutiny like this. And not to mention she had a bad feeling about his mystery opponent...

Whatever happened, she needed someone she could count on to take the title from him. But if Malaki couldn't...what was she to do? If either Inferno or Bam won the cup, she lost.

No. She would not lose control of TCW. She always had a plan.

Her fingers flew across the keypad of her cellphone, dialing a number she had long ago taken off of speed dial. Lifting it to her ear, she listened impatiently until someone picked up.

"Hello?"

"Tony. This is Commissioner Stern. It's been a while."

"Stern?! Why the hell are you calling me?"

"Shut up and listen!" Valerie said, pounding her fist on the desk. "I'm not calling to make chit-chat. I'm calling for the sake of your...boss."

Tony sat up in his chair, replying solemnly, "What are you sayin'?"

"I'm saying that if I were you, I'd make sure Bam loses the match, by any means necessary. Because after all, it would be a damn shame for the media to hear...certain things about him," she said. "And what would they find if they were to look at you...?"

"That's out of the fuckin' question!" Tony screamed into the phone. "I'm not going to ruin the boss' big return like that!"

"If you care about his well being...and both of your images, then you will. And that's all I'm going to say to you. Goodbye." Stern hung up the phone on Tony's protests.

She had done all that she could. If Bam was taken out of the picture as she hoped...that left...Inferno. If Malaki couldn't handle him, then he wasn't her chosen one, certainly no fault of hers. All she could do was pray.

------------------------
Champion (cham-pē-ən)
1: warrior, fighter
2: a militant advocate or defender
3: one that does battle for another's rights or honor
4: a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority

Did Inferno match any of those definitions? If he won the match, won the Cup, then he would certainly have earned the fourth. He sat in the bowels of the arena, where the darkness relaxed him. Normally it was a shield from the light, but here, it helped him focus. He needed it. After meeting both of his opponents in unofficial combat, he had a good feel for their fighting styles. He was ready physically, but was he mentally?

Winning the belt wouldn't mean anything, it was the person behind it that gave the belt itself meaning. Malaki had called him a monster, a beast, who could never be a champion. There wasn't any way around it, he was certainly right about the monster part. Once in the ring the well-being of his opponents was a non-factor. If they were incapable of fighting him, he destroyed them. He gleefully accepted the tears that fell for each hero that he made into a mere mortal.

It made him feel so alive.

He hated it.

On top of that, beneath his skull, he was unstable and he knew it. It seemed inconcievable for somebody like him to ever hold a belt, to do battle for the people he took pride in hurting.

Perhaps that could change. Perhaps not.

In the end, he decided that it didn't matter. All that mattered was the belt, Inferno would decide what road to take afterwards. He would either become a champion of the people, or a champion of destroying them.
------------------------
The FWRFed champion, Malaki, felt more like a chump after what he had witnessed earlier today.

"No fucking WAY am I going to beat them..." Malaki said, washing his face in the sink. He took pride in being able to beat any man in the ring, he always told people. But these were not men. These were supernatural monsters. He didn't give a damn what Stern said about head games. He had kicked that towering man in the back of the head and he had barely flinched, and that was after he injured his ribs earlier that say...before he took an Iron Mike-esque punch to the face. And that Bam guy had to have supernatural powers or something.

He finished towel drying his face and started brushing his teeth. Even if he was worried about the upcoming match, he could at least maintain proper hygenie. But just before he was about to spit, he could have sworn he saw, right there in the mirror behind him...Bam.

He spat toothpaste on the mirror and whirled around. Only...

No one was there. Was it a trick of the light? It must have been. Unless...

"Just my head, just my head..." he repeated over and over to himself as a mantra, quickly wiping the mirror off with a towel vigorously. He'd just brushed, but he really felt like he just needed a snack now. Something, anything to get his mind off of Bam.

Apple pie sounded good. He opened the refrigerator and reached in for some cool whip.

Instead, his hand gripped something firm. He did a double take.

His refridgerator was half empty. And Bam sat inside, munching on a slice of pie.

"AAAAAAH!" he shouted and slammed the fridge door. He grabbed the first thing his hands found-a frying pan-and tore open the door again.

Nothing. No Bam, no half eaten pie, just his fridge. But was it really that empty before, or...

"Just my head, just my HEAD!" he cried, slamming the flying pan back down on the counter. He ran back into the living room. Fuck the food, he just needed to relax.

"...now we go live to Dan in New Mexico. Dan?"

"Yes Mary. As you can see, the protests outside of the White House are..."

Malaki chuckled. The President was doing his usual job. He took a sip of his Coke and promptly spilled it on his lap, when he saw Bam holding one of the signs, and waving at him.

"NOOOOOOOOO!" Malaki ran into his bedroom. Fuck the food or the TV, he needed sleep. He threw aside his covers...

Bam.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" he cried. He ran to the front door...

Bam.

He ran to the closet...

Bam.

The bathroom...

THWACK!

Bam fell. Malaki was panting like a dog, holding a foreign object. He looked down at the fallen gangster, and lifted it again, swinging like a maniac, savoring the sound of each impact. "You...son of a...fucking..."

Finally he hit air, and Malaki collapsed, holding his head.

"Why me?"

Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:58 pm
Profile YIM

It goes without saying as business partners go, on almost any level, that there are certain lines you don't cross. There are cards you do not ever play. That is unless you are trying to gain leverage.

This will have one of two effects.

You will either:

1. Gain said leverage, obtaining the desired result, or
2. Suffer the consequences of a calculated risk.

It was obvious in her haste, Valerie Stern had failed to consider these options. She was always taking the high road. She was always the oppressor, not the oppressed. It would appear that the pieces might be starting to fall away. And it would be debatable that she would be able make all of them fit, even as she watched them fall.

She held her wine glass up toward the light as she eyed the ruby spirit. She could fix this.

She took a sip of the wine.

She could still make this all work, put Malaki over his opponents, and usurp Darkness.

She took a gulp of wine.

She would call Bam out to the highest authorities. She would contact every tabloid in the world about he and Inferno. Perhaps this would draw out other people who were interested in them as well, perhaps for other reasons.

She up-ended the glass and immediately began to re-pour.

Or she could take the path of less resistance. Was there virtue in seeing the true victor in this match to fruition? She knew Malaki to be capable of providing a heavy challenge to Darkness. Perhaps if Malaki was bested in a fair competition, could that victor be lead to the same challenge?

Her finger circled the glass slowly as her thoughts now seemed to rush to her.

Malaki could just as easily be a barometer for what she would need to end her woes. Perhaps that individual not so easily persuaded. But if two lines are angled to intersect, they must meet at a point. It is inevitable.

She began sipping the wine again.

So perhaps the plan now was, finding points of contention to make Darkness the target. What would matter to each of the contestants if Malaki was not successful.

She put the glass down.

And for the first time in the past 48 hours, Valerie Stern was going to sleep like a baby.

Bam laid in bed, looking out the window. He was not going to sleep well tonight. He was on the verge of wiping Valerie Stern from existence. She had no clue all this time, that she was always a phone call away from a milk carton.

He had kept these worlds as separate as he possibly could in the past. But now, it was looking as if Ms. Stern was going to blackmail him. He wasn't having any part of it. People far more powerful and dangerous than Valerie Stern knew it was smarter to deal with Bam on a more personal level than threaten his outside realm of influence.

Could he have more blood on his hands. He did not want it. He wouldn't have been debating it as such. The walls would cave in. He would be forced to be something than what he was now. This was his version of an escape from that life. Yet Stern seemed adamant about seeing how far she could push Bam to throw the match.

"Who am I kidding?", Bam said aloud to no one.

In the scheme of anything and everything, Valerie Stern was a grease spot on the driveway of life. That was it. Bam wasn't digging up the whole driveway for her, and that was it. He would deal with her as he had everyone else.

Bam slid up slightly on his pillows and closed his eyes. He had work to do come tomorrow.

The next day Bam found himself ignoring the path. First he needed to pay someone else a visit.

As Inferno sat inside the dark room, he clenched his fist. He watched it open and close. He listened as the leather in his glove made a sound as it stretched under the force of his grip. He thought of it more as the leather crying out. The lifeless skin of an animal, squealing for mercy, evening in its processed, final state. Inferno laughed. It amused him that he would soon be making two more individuals scream for mercy as he decimated them.

There was no question of it. He could taste the pain. He could sense the fear. He knew that all things equal, he would shock everyone in the arena, by utterly destroying his opponents in the ring. There would be no mercy, only pain.

"I never got the whole MASK thing." A voice startled Inferno, as he rose like a massive mountain amidst a plain.

"Just fear of commitment if you ask me." Inferno spun around to greet the unwelcome intruder who was pointing to his own tattooed face.

His feline eyes narrowed as he identified Bam.

"What's wrong there, Godzilla? CAT got yer tongue?" Inferno lunged at Bam, only to stumble into emptiness.

"I know your game old man. It amuses me, but does not...." Inferno was stopped cold by a double axe handle to the back of his head. He used the bed as balance, as he fought back to his feet. He turned and swung again at nothing, then quickly spun back to his original stance.

"Frustrating, ain't it?", Bam punched Inferno square in the face. He only laughed as the impact would have taken anyone else's head nearly off. Inferno grabbed Bam's arm and twisted it behind his back. Bam leaned back and lifted Inferno as he rammed him into the wall. Inferno did not let go until a flurry of head butts from Bam.

"Not bad for an old man, eh Godzilla?" Bam challenged. Inferno went to choke Bam, but in a split second was stunned by a kick to the gut. He smiled at Bam as he leaned over, a slight grimace on his face. He now saw the glow. A subtle blue glow growing in Bam's eyes.

"I am going to pull those out and keep them on my mantle" Inferno bellowed as he pointed at the flames now flowing out of Bam's eye sockets. As Inferno again squeezed the sides of Bam's head, Bam pried open the vise-like grip and in a swift motion kicked Inferno in the balls.

Inferno again leaned forward, groaning. And as he stood there, alone, he turned and hit the wall out of frustration.

Valerie Stern quietly sat in her office flipping through paperwork. The pages gently fell as she turned them, the brief thud of her pen as she dropped it on the desk after signing something. She was focused on her task at hand.

The deep gasp that came immediately when she first saw the tattooed monster staring at her, was to be expected.

"Boo" Bam said sarcastically.

VS: How the fuck did you get in here?

She went to reach for the panic button under her desk.

Bam: I really wouldn't do that if I were YOU, hon.

VS: What's that?

Bam: The security button. It's gonna really complicate things more than they already are. You should at least THINK this time.

VS: What does that mean?

Bam: You know exactly what it means. Your little phone call to Tony. You wanna threaten me? I'm right fuckin' here toots. Threaten away.

VS: I have since revised my decision. I was hasty and under a lot of pressure.

Bam: Just like that? Are ya kiddin' me?

VS: It's no joke. I decided last night that I was not moving forward with that course of action. It could have been as damaging to myself as it could be to you.

Bam: I'm impressed. But part of me still doesn't buy it.

VS: I really don't care. You have overstayed your unwelcome appearance. Now leave, I have too much to do before the show, and have no time for tit for tat with you.

Bam turned and walked out the door, much to the shock of the two men standing guard.

Stern then bellowed to both of them to get in her office immediately. Bam could hear Stern screaming at both of her guards for letting him in, then playing stupid. He could not help but laugh at the thought of Bruce's confusion and frustration.

Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:27 am
Mid Carder

Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:06 pm

The darkness, as we all know, is Inferno's home. The only place that can soothe him. No other place for him to go, anyway, who would take him? And in this darkness he waited patiently. The event, the championship opportunity, drew ever closer.

The stage had been set. The war of attrition between him and his opponents was ever-changing. Plans were made and subsequently ruined, a little ultra-violence here and there...it had become a fun little chess game. Everybody was running down to their last pieces. Now there was one, last, vital thing he needed before the endgame.

"Pizza delivery!"

The eyes of Inferno's mask shot through the darkness and fixiated on the source of the voice. Footsteps joined it.

"I uh....have a pizza that I was instructed to deliver to the..boiler room...for ..Inferno," the pizza boy chimed, in decent, though accented English "El Inferno?!" Juan finally got to meet his favorite wrestler. His name even translated into Spanish as "Hell".

Inferno slowly stood up from one of the pipes in the corner and approached the pizza boy. Not a word, just emotionless glowy eyes staring into his soul.

Juan shut his eyes and thrusted forward the box, stammering quickly, "H-Here's your pizza, senor! Extra cheese large size stuffed crust pizza! That'll be 16.99 in American dollars please!"

The looming man tilted his head at the terrified pizza boy. He seemed almost...amused by him. A low, gutteral laugh escaped his lips behind the mask, and then he thrust forward his gloved hand.

The pizza box was torn from the Juan's hands, which were filled again as Inferno pushed a crisp 20 into them. He stepped back, looking at the money for a moment. His hand, shivering, reached into his pocket, retrieving a photo, apparantly taken at a house show this weekend. "Thank you. Erm...by the way...would you mind signing..?"

The gloved hand snatched the photo into the darkness, the eyes behind the mask studying it for a moment. Another short, amused laugh could be heard, and then he stuffed it back into Juan's hands, only saying: "No pen."

He turned away, slinking into the red, dim light with the pizza box. "Leave me."

Disappointed, Juan walked away, moving through the dimly lit room towards the exit. Of all the deliveries he could have gotten, he got his favorite American wrestler. A little creepy in person, but that was the appeal! Shame he didn't have tickets to the pay-per-view, though.

Then he realized. Inferno had given him a 20. Which meant...he had forgotten the change. He couldn't forget the change, he could lose his job, and worst of all, he mustn't be this rude to his favorite! He hastily pulled out 3 American dollars and 1 penny and rushed back into the boiler room.

"El Inferno! Your change!" he said, and stopped. Dropping the change and dropping the photo, his eyes met with something they should not have. He knew it, and Inferno knew it.

In the darkness Inferno moved swiftly, like one of those creatures in nightmares that people saw out of the corner of their eye before it struck. And then the monster appeared in front of him. His tainted eyes gazed in horror before a gloved hand shut over each of them...and then plucked them out like nothing. The monster watched emotionlessly as Juan screamed, clutching his empty, bleeding sockets, falling, writhing in pain on the ground...

He must never see again, Inferno thought. He saw the photo lying on the ground. It was the least he could do...

He returned to his pizza, the boy's bloody hand clutching his picture as the screams echoed throughout the boiler room, reaching no one. Signed on the back, was the name 'Inferno,' written nicely in his own blood.

Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:17 pm
Profile YIM

Bam lay awake in his bed, his mind scattered about the hundreds of lifetimes and thousands of realities.

What was it that truly drove him back to this life?

Things were going so well with everything else, he didn't NEED this. If these people who enjoyed violating his personal space so much were outside of this realm of the la la wrestling world, he'd have systematically erased all comers.

So was he a glutton for punishment?

Did he not enjoy sleeping in his double California-king bed in his 11000 square foot home?

Man, he missed that bed, as he punched the pillows under his head, as if beating them for their inability to conform to his head and neck.

Was the heated pool too hot for his liking or perhaps the 20-person jet tub too bubbly?

Surely he hated the mornings here in Mexico,there was little or no hot water. It was as if the ENTIRE hotel had awakened at the same moment.

Surely the lack of women was not a plus.

Although it kept him more worried about his match, and less about how many hours of sleep he could really function on.

It was the competition.

Yeah, it got crazy at times. But it was the gladitorial sense of combat that drew him back.

He pulled the itchy covers up as he turned and closed his eyes. Sleep was till sleep.

He tossed for a moment, fighting both the pillow and bed for the one area where he would fit just right.

Then finally serenity. The subtle smile on Bam's face indicates victory.

A violenty ripping sound and Bam's eyes wide open with terror, now indicate something else.

Bam screams in ultimate agony, as he is now wrestling with two insect-like pincers that have bored through his chest. In the moonlight Bam can see a black liquid dripping onto the pale blue covers. His hands are covered in the liquid as he jerks the pincers in any direction to pry them from his chest. He can feel his heart beating within his chest sporadically. The room feels like it is closing in, as he begins to gasp for air from his collapsed lungs. He can feel a liquid pouring out of his mouth. As his eyes begin to roll back into his head, he blinks himself to somewhere else, anywhere else.

Now bathed in a column of blue light, and surrounded by darkness beyond the edge of the light, Bam now stands examining his chest. There are no wounds. He holds his throat as he breathes normally. He turned as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Where the fuck am I?"

Bam could hear a "whooshing" sound all around him. As he stepped forward, he noticed that he stayed in the center of the light. It moved with him, proving to be disorienting, as he slightly lost his balance.

He released now that the noise he had heard was not constant, but in fact, almost like a pulse.

Whoosh-whoosh

Bam slowly moved having no idea where he was going. He tried to blink himself away, but could not. That didn't leave too many options as to where he was.

The light now spread across his surroundings, revealing a rocky terrain before him. The view being a monochromatic scene of pale blue. AS he trekked forward, he could now hear laughing in the distance. A hideous cackling at that. No matter what direction he walked in, the laughter got louder, almost piercing.

On the horizon now appeared what looked like a large chair. Bam moved toward it, despite every molecule in his body telling him to run. There would be answers here.

Within ten feet, Bam stopped, as the laughter had ceased. He now looked upon a black robe seated in a throne, legless. Its pincer-like arms, covered in whisker-like barbs, gripped the arms of the throne, as no face could be made out from under the black hood.

Bam rubbed his chest for a moment, recalling the pain he felt laying in his bed, and how those same claws now lay before him.

Bam looked at the being seated in the throne again. He wasn't waiting for this thing to do something.

"What is it you want?"

The creature now sat motionless. The sounds Bam was hearing had ceased.

"What the fuck do you want from me?"

The creature slowly rose off the throne, floating toward Bam, with its claws at its side.

It stopped half the distance from the throne, silently standing before him.

Bam repeated "What the fuck is it you want?!?"

As the hood fell back on its own, Bam paused in shock as he saw his own tattooed face.

The face sneered at him, then licked its teeth.

As if mocking Bam it began to scream in terror, its eyes rolled back into its head, then one of the claws raised up and neatly clipped the head from the neck, sending a blood spatter everywhere, as the screaming ceased. The other claw neatly raised the hood back up, as it silently floated back to sit in the throne.

Bam did not stir, shaken by the scene. He looked around now as he heard a steady, low hum. He looked back down at the bloodied head. It was as if it was looking up at him. Bam looked up to see the throne and its occupant gone. Bam spun around to see if he could locate either, but it was no use, they appeared to be gone.

He tried to blink again, but still nothing. He leaned over the head, which he now saw was sinking in the ground. As it sank, he noticed the ground around it sinking as well.

Bam stood up and turned to run away, but it was too late. He had already begun sinking. The more he struggled, the faster he fell into darkness...

As he sat up in his bed, the next morning, Bam stretched, yet wincing at slight neck and chest pain. As he turned his torso quickly to pop his back, he made a comparison that amused him.

There was almost no difference in his level of comfort from the bed, or in the blue hell.

Perhaps he needed to start spending some cash to help his sleeping situation. If he couldn't sleep at home, he at least needed to be back to penthouse living.

As he got out of bed to start his day, he failed to see the sharp, wirey barb laying in his bed in a few drops of blood...

Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:40 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ]