[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Havoc: Jason Dante vs Kermit
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Havoc: Jason Dante vs Kermit 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Havoc: Jason Dante vs Kermit
<center>Jason Dante vs Kermit
Dante holds the World title, and Kermit holds the Bleeder title. Both men have shown they're more than capable inside and outside of the ring. Kermit has money and underground connections in his favour, but Dante is no stranger to that world. On the other hand, Kermit's strange mental state may give him some insight into the twisted world of Jason Dante!</center>

Wed May 30, 2007 5:39 am
Profile E-mail WWW
in a cardboard box

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Thu May 31, 2007 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
Too much time on my hands

Kermit flashed an evil smile in response.

"Never. You and me have some unfinished business Dante."

Dante glanced from the shotgun in the mobster's hand, and then back to the one holding the weapon. A close quarter blast from that thing could very well kill Dante, a thought that did chill the albino briefly.

"Well" Dante spoke, fixing an angry gaze at Kermit. "So are are you going to shot me or what?"

Kermit just smiled, gun still pointed at Dante.

"Close and lock the door Dante. Slowly, and no funny business. This needs to stay.....private."

Dante did as he was ordered. Not out of fear or cowardice, but because it bought him time. Time to formulate a plan of action. He clicked the lock over, and turned around towards Kermit. The mobster rose from his chair and motioned for him to sit. Again, Dante complied. Kermit, keeping a sharp eye on his foe, went to the door and checked the lock. Once he was satisfied with the security of it he returned to his chair, opposite of Dante and his next move shocked albino completely.

Kermit placed the shotgun down on the ground between the two men and sighed.

"First, let me apologize." the now grim faced mobster spoke. "It has been a very strange and chaotic past few months."

He looked up at Dante and locked eyes.

"I am sorry for the attempts I made on your life. I haven't been myself lately."

Dante was speechless.

"Not saying I'm a good man, besides Lord knows I'm not. I've killed people before, and ordered the death of more. The difference is, all those I killed in my life before the beginning of this year were in my world. They were involved with the underground like I am. Hardly justification in the grand scheme of things, but it's the life I know. However up until recently, I have NEVER had somebody killed who was not in my line of work to begin with. Not part of the "code", so to speak. So...ya....there you have it."

Dante looked long and hard at the man before him. This is the same man that three times had tried to kill him, and even though Kermit always failed, the very fact that he would stoop to such a level was hard to ignore. Yet Dante still remembered the demon that had been with Kermit during the first attempt, and he knew how manipulating they could be against those not familiar. So, in spite of everything that the two men had gone through in the past, Dante decided to give Kermit a chance. But not much.

"So you break into my room, again mind you, point a gun at me, and now you apologize? Forgive me if I am a little leery at trusting you."

Kermit nodded slowly.

"I expect as much. Nothing I have done to you has shown any reason you should trust me or forgive me. And I am not really asking for either. I am asking for your help on behalf of my......" he seemed to pause on his next words, and Dante could see the mobsters eyes getting a tad misty. "..my...girlfriend. No, she's more than that to me now, but her, yes Janice, I need your help for her."

"I noticed she hasn't been by your side lately, but why do you need my help?"

"Because you are into.... other things. Look Jason, I hear rumors everywhere. You into black magic, satanic things, whatever, you seem to know things that most common people don't know. And while before I would have brush that aside before this year, now, after everything that's going on, well, I just don't know. Look, I am taking a chance and I hope it works. But I need your help. More and more I am beginning to realize that dark things are forcing my hand, and let's be honest, I don;t like being forced into anything."

"You mean the demon right?"

Kermit looked puzzled at Dante's question.

"Demon?"

"Yes, that thing that was with you in my room the night you shot me...the first time." he responded with a tight smile on his face.

Kermit still seemed confused, yet slowly his eyes went wide as the realization struck him like a truck.

"Dad........" he whispered to himself more than to Dante.

"Excuse me?"

"It's my dad, at least I think so. He looks like him, sounds like him, and talks like him. Well, minus the burning desire to have me kill you that is."

"Your dad is dead right?"

"Yup" Kermit nodded. "Over a decade ago. Gunned down in front of my eyes when I was sixteen."

"And you believed that this...thing was your father? I thought you didn't believe in that "magic" stuff."

Kermit laughed, yet not a cruel or mean laugh. More of the laugh that anyone would deliver upon hearing a good joke.

"Good point." he returned to his somber mood again. "I guess I just never had the chance to hear things from him every son wants to hear from his father. I'm proud of you, Good job son, Atta boy, ya know stuff like that. Either way, he..no IT.. is in my life now. And I am afraid it has Janice somewhere."

Dante leaned back. He was beginning to get an idea of what was going on and why Kermit had been out for his blood lately.

"So let me guess Kermit. Your "dad" told you I took Janice?"

Kermit nodded.

"Well, that certainly explains a lot. But I have to ask, why did you believe him?"

"Simply put, who else could I believe? Darkness jumped me in my room one night awhile back. He beat the holy hell out of me and I went out like a light after being thrown into a glass coffee table. When I came to, Janice was gone. Pop told me Darkness took her on your orders. Remember that night Jason? You came to my room to warn me about the Bleeder Title. Man I wished I would have listened to you then. Anyway, given how buddy buddy you two where, I believed him. Now I see that the two of you aren't really eating at the same table anymore. So I thought that Darkness must have been acting on his own, yet there has been no demands, no ransom, no........." he paused on the next word, clearly painful to say. "..body."

"Well you are right there. Darkness and I are not in the same working relationship we had. And I also didn't have anything to do with Janice nor did Darkness. Not our style, more of yours really."

Kermit again nodded.

"Agreed."

Dante stood up and paced slowly.

"I want to know one big thing Kermit." he said after a short time. "Why?"

"Why?"

"Why should I help you? You tried to kill me and you said it yourself, you are not a good guy. So why should I help you?"

"I don't know." Kermit responded. "It's up to you if you want to our not. But I will tell you this. Help me, and you can name your price. Money? A cut of my syndicate? Name your price Jason. I will pay it."

Dante snapped around at Kermit sharply.

"Don't make such promises lightly Kermit. There are a great many things out there I could ask for that you would be a fool to part with. Trust me on this."

Kermit stood from his chair.

"I don't care at this point Jason. My only concern is that Janice is safe. That's it."

The two stared at each other for a long few moments, both wondering what the other would say. Finally Dante broke the silence.

"Let me think about it. No promises."

"Fair enough."

Kermit went to leave. He opened the door and paused. Turning to Dante, a friendly smile crossed his face.

"Warning to you Jason. For some reason, that cursed belt does have a bad effect on me. Be on your guard should I have it near me. I don't want to ruin the progress we made here tonight because I can't control my....dark side. Look at me, HA! Dark side. I think I really might have lost it. And before I forget. Sorry about the enterance. Dad wanted me to kill you again, so I figured it would be a good chance to talk."

He went to leave.

"Kermit!" Dante called to him before the door closed.

"Yea?"

Dante simply pointed to the shotgun on the floor.

"Keep it." Kermit said, eyes looking over the weapon. "I've been getting tired of guns lately for some reason."

Kermit closed the door behind him, leaving Dante an awful lot to think about.

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:42 am
in a cardboard box

"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:47 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ

Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:36 am
in a cardboard box

"Ok, first things first..." Dante began as Jay Ecks bound the wound in the mobster's shoulder.

"Yeah, that of course depends on wh...AOOW!" Kermit howled.

"Sorry, the buck shot did a number on your shoulder. Thankfully Jas has never been more then a decent short,...if he had more of a clue when it comes to aiming we would be scraping you off the floor." Jay Ecks said with a terribly misplaced chuckle in his voice.

"Comforting to know." Kermit shot back without any enthusiasm in his voice.

"Jay, if your done making fun of my lack of good aim...we have some important things to handle...ok?"

"Sure, Jas...sorry man."

"Ok, Kermit which version do you want?"

"Which Version?"

Dante grinned, he remembered the long lectures Darkness had given him when he was new to "the dark", he distinctly remembered the former Slayer asking him the very same question.

"Well, the versions are different in that they treat your world view with different kinds of respect."

"My World view? Dante I've been attacked by a creature who played the ghost of my dad...I don't think you can shake my world much more then that."

"Don't be so sure...Still, there is a reason why I do this crappy Matrix rip off and ask you which pill you want to take...One leads back to a strange but fairly normal world...the other...shows you how deep the rabbit holes goes."

Kermit nodded, after having Janice kidnapped and himself almost killed by something Dante called a Demon, Kermit wasn't only prepared but actually willing to see the bottom of the rabbit hole. The Mobster chuckled.

"Well, Give me the red pill Morpheus..." he grinned "...after all we are very late."

"Gutsy." Dante remarked.

"I try." The mobster shot back before he groaned as Jay finished closing one of the wounds on his shoulder.

Dante leaned back and tried to remember how Darkness had done this to him.

"Kermit...You're a catholic, right?"

"Well, yeah...are you basing this on the Godfather or something?"

"No, not at all...It's just that Catholics have a more thorough knowledge of what I'm about to tell you then a Protestant like I do." Dante paused "No need for any Catholic-Protestant trouble thou, I'm as Atheist as they come."

Kermit only nodded.

"Ok, now what if I told you that Hell does exist and so does Lucifer, Beelzebub, the angels and the whole blood nine yards?"

"I would ask you how you can be an atheist with a faith like that." Kermit shot back.

"Good point, faith requires reason for doubt and I have no reason to doubt much of anything so my window of faith is damn limited. Anyway, What attacked you was or rather is a demon. And this is the hard part...Demon's are the shades of dead humans who have given up peace to serve hell or which ever master they find, the creature that "played" your father was once a human of flesh and blood, now it's a puppet with strings pulled by his or her own vices and guilt and by an unseen master.

Now you wonder why I tell you this, the reason for the reader's digest version of this is that if we are to ever get Janice back, you need to understand what we are facing and what we can do to get her back. I know these beings, what I don't know is who the one who played your father is and what he or it wants."

Kermit nodded.

"Well, it's pretty obvious what it wants, at least it is in my book."

Dante nodded this time.

"Probably yes, but the thing is, what have you done to piss a demon like that off?

"Well, I've probably made a few of them..."

"Yeah, maybe. Thing is..."

Kermit never got to know what the thing was as Dante and Jay Ecks both turned their attention to a small computer screen.

"A break in? Now?" Ecks sounded confused and Dante completed the expression by looking confused.

"Odd time for it, this place opens in two hours...." Dante added. "Can you get anything from the surveillance system?"

"Not really, three entities have set off the alarm, two female and one male...ish"

"Maleish?" Kermit asked.

"Don't ask me." Dante replied.

Ecks directed his attention to the laptop by his side when suddenly a female voice echoed through the building, it had a caressing feature to it that sounded all wrong given that the owner of the voice had just committed a forced entry.

"Jaaaaaaaasssssoooooon!?" the voice said in a tone that was more fitting of a whisper to a lover then to be screamed in the middle of the night.

Dante and Ecks both froze as they heard the voice, Kermit was about to ask them what this was all about when another voice that the mobster knew all to well called out.

"Keeeeermiiit!"

"What the hell?"

Dante said nothing, but the look on the albino's face said everything, anger fear, worry regret all shared a place on his face.

"Dante, I said what the hell?" Kermit spat out.

Dante still said nothing. Instead he walked out of the room with both Ecks and Kermit in tow. They reached the entrance hall of the Dantecorp building and saw a duo standing hidden by shadows.

"You still don't like to keep people waiting, do you Jason?"

"No, that's not my style." The albino replied.

"Oh no, of course not." Your style is to make a girl wait until she cries her eyes out...isn't it?"

"Not really..."

"Let me be the judge of that." The female replied.

"Karen, I..."

"SILENCE! THAT ISN'T MY NAME ANYMORE...You killed Karen yourself."

"No I didn't, I hired you to play a character..."

Kermit had walked up side by side with Dante and asked him.

"You know this nutcase?"

"Sadly I do, her name is Karen Matthews, she worked with me when I made my ECF debut...You may have heard of her she went by the name..."

"Callisto!"

The female's voice rang out as clear as it was insane as she spoke the name she had taken to her heart. Dante had spoken to Kermit in a very silent whisper but Callisto had somehow heard him anyway.

"Yes, Callisto...the masked..." Dante began.

"...lover of Ahriman." Callisto finished.

"That was long ago Kar...Callisto."

"Feels like yesterday to me Jason." She shot back.

"It's still the past Karen." This time Dante didn't dodge her real name.

"I told you Karen is dead, Jason..."

"That you did."

Callisto's voice changed and she sounded almost bubbely.

"I brought you a present, Jason...I put in on the couch over there."

Dante looked at the dark shape on the couch and felt panic raise in his gut, on instinct he reached out and took the risk to "speak" with Selenia.

"Selenia?"

A sleepy mind came back with a weary "Yeah?"

"Oh, nothing, I only miss you, babe.

"That's so sweet of you, Jason."

He felt relived as he felt Selenia fall back to sleep. He walked up to the couch and pulled the cover from the female figure that lay on it, for a second he feared it was Kermit's Janice but the he recognised the face.

"Wendy?"

Dante seemed paralysed by the woman on the couch. For the benefit of Kermit Ecks whispered a quick.

"Former girlfriend of Jas' he met her when she worked for the old head of the fed."

Dante looked up at the shadowy outline of Callisto.

"What have you done to her Karen?"

Callisto giggled a sick little giggle and then she replied in a small girl's voice.

"I think I broke her wittle mind in two."

Dante looked at Wendy and saw that she still breathed, her eyes looked empty and she didn't even react when Dante caressed her cheek.

"I think the word you're looking for is Catatonic, Jason."

Dante looked up at the woman he once had seen a a friend, as he looked for words to sue to condemn her actions she walked into the pale moon light and Dante saw the familiar white porcelain mask reflect o full moon. Slowly she removed it and Dante once more saw the criss-cross pattern of scars that was the reason she wore the mask in the first place, now however there was a new ingredient that made her face look different. The scarred skin looked thin, almost wasted and had a hue that made her look sick or even dead, she saw the reaction her face had on Dante.

"Don't you think I'm pretty anymore, Jason?"

Then she grinned and the fangs in her mouth destroyed all doubt. Dante stared at the woman and whispered the word that had taken over his brain at this point.

"Vampire..."

Callisto laughed and nodded.

"You are so right." she said and drew a thin, blade from he sleeve.

"And not just any vampire." She grinned and showed Dante a tattoo on her right arm. Along the greyish skin a serpentine creature coiled, the image was that of a classic being of terror and fear, a Dragon.

As Dante was mesmerized by Callisto, Kermit sprung to action and pulled a gun only to be cut off by a vocie.

"Not so faaaast, Kermit."

The mobster stared at the being in front of him.

"Good to see thaaaat you remember, Kermit...tell me, do you remember Jaaaanice?"

Dante, Kermit and Jay Ecks all found themselves cornered by a female vampire and a demon of unknown origin.

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:02 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ

The words "Fucked up" seemed very appropriate in this situation. Kermit was only beginning to understand that everything he had heard about Dante was not only true, but that it went far deeper than he ever thought. And if hearing it wasn't enough, it comes crashing into Dante's place ready and willing to tussle. So here he was, gun drawn, staring down the skinless face of the being that had pulled him like a marionette on strings for the past several months. Dante's old flame was here too, and now a vampire according to Dante at lease. Kermit knew of their kind only what TV and movies told him. He had to wonder for a moment if this Callisto woman only wore black and lamented her fate like the skinny pale guys in the movies did. But that evaluation would have to wait. He had unfinished business.

"I can't forget her *Dad*" the last word said with a mocking and icy tone. "But you would know that right? You know so much about me it seems."

The creature laughed a harsh, almost coughing laugh.

"You waaaant her baaack right? Whaaat will you paaay for her saaaafe return I wonder?"

"You'll just find out when I do I guess. But really *Dad*, you know so very much about me, you need to ask yourself a simple question. How far will Kermit go to get revenge?"

The demon looked puzzled for a moment.

"Come on, you mimicked the man that taught me everything I know, surely you have an idea of what I am capable of. How far would I go to revenge on you should you hurt Janice? Simple question."

"There is nothing you caaaan do to me boy. I aaaaam beyond your power."

Kermit cocked his pistol.

"That's wasn't the question. Don Sbezzo, how far did I go before I put two bullets into his brain? How many of his underlings did I kill or have killed? How many of his buildings, his businesses, and his safe houses did I have burned to the ground before I went after him? And he just killed my parents. Now imagine what I will do to you and your kind should you take away from me the woman I love? Imagine that for a moment. I will NEVER stop until I am dead. I will pour all my resources into taking you down until you beg for mercy. And at that moment, I will kill you. Not a quick death like that fat pig Sbezzo got. No, a slow painful demise. I know you feel pain and I am pretty sure you can bleed. I am more than willing to play around with your groveling body until I find out exactly what hurts you. Do you want that?"

The demon was a bit taken aback my Kermit proclamation of revenge. However, he figured he had nothing to fear from this mortal. Too trapped in his own belief of the world this one was. No threat, he convinced himself, no threat what so ever.

"Touching Kermit, aaaaaaand I aaaaaaam sure you meaaaaaaan every word of it. Does not chaaaaange the faaaaaaaaact thaaaaaaaaat you laaaaaaaack the skill or even the knowledge of how to go fulfill such a threaaaaaaat."

"I'm a fast learner *Pop*, again something you should know."

Dante kept his focus on Callisto, but was slightly confused by Kermit's words. He had barely explained anything to the mobster and now this guy what shooting his mouth off about revenge, and hunting demons, and showing no fear what so ever. Maybe the guy had lost it for good. Thankfully, Callisto was also paying attention to Kermit and his wild promises. She actually seemed amused by the threats, like momma cat is amused with the playful attacks her kittens deliver to her.

"Jay..." Kermit whispered quickly to Ecks, who was standing behind him. "Get that bag Dante brought in with me."

"Why?"

"Just do it, quick."

Jay left the room and headed in the direction of Kermit's bag. The demon Raul moved towards him only to be blocked by Kermit, gun still raised and ready to fire.

"Where are you going *Dad*? Your issue is with me right?"

The demon stopped, staring now at Kermit.

"Whaaaaat do you think he caaaaan do kiddo?"

"Again, you'll find out when I do. Unless you want to start the fun now? I got some lead friends in here that want to meet you."

The demon again laughed.

"Bullets? Do you reaaaally think puny bullets caaaan hurt one such aaaaaas me?

"Oh I bet they can." Was the mobsters reply, a sly smile crossing his lips.

"And as for you, vampire bitch." Kermit said, directed at Callisto whose anger over being called such a name was flowing off her face. "You have a part in this too? I really like to know if I am only hunting down the Skinless Wonder over here or if I get to chase you as well."

"Your friend is mean Jason." She said to the albino, her face now like a small child begging for sympathy.

"Damn right I am mean." Kermit said, cutting off Dante's reply. "And guess what, thanks to your pal over here" pointing to *Raul* "I am also a bit crazy too. I don't give much of a shit anymore. I don't care how pointy your fangs are, how much black mascara you put on, or how many marshmallows you can fit in your mouth and still say Chubby Bunny. I don't give a shit about anything except my Janice. So both of you need to do yourselves a favor and give her back to me right now, or else I am bound to go Southside over both your pathetic asses!"

Now Dante understood. Kermit was absolutely terrified. But like a typical man in his position, he masks it with bravado and insults. He was trying to out intimidate these two and buy time for Jay to do whatever it was he was doing. Dante smiled inwardly. Kermit had both Raul and Callisto's attention now, allowing the albino to creep very slowly in a more suitable position. He would let Kermit play his game and also be ready to strike when the moment came.

"So what's it gonna be huh? You both going to play nice, or are we going to have some issues?"

"If you think you're threaaaaats of vengaaaance frighten me boy, you aaaaaare sorely mistaaaaaken. You defied me, you faaaaailed me. You will be the one to suffer when I rip out your Jaaaaanice's heaaaaart before you're very eyes!"

Callisto giggled. She seemed clearly amused with the current scene.

"Sad lovesick puppy dog you are Kermit. If only Jason showed such devotion, this could have all been avoided."

"Yes Kermit, Daaaaante brought you into this aaaaaall aaaaalong. He is the one you should haaaaate and sweaaaaar your vengaaaaance on. If he haaaaaad staaaaaayed the course, you would haaaaave never been involved."

Dante could feel the words of the manipulating demon fill the room, amplified by Kermit's own love for his woman. He looked over to the mobster, hoping he would not see the man descend back into madness under the thrall of Raul. Kermit's gun slowly dropped as his eyes appeared to glaze over.

Dammit! Jason thought. Not now!

Footsteps came up behind Jason, as Jay dropped Kermit's bag to the ground. The sound of whatever Kermit was carrying in that black duffel bag echoed within the halls. Kermit smiled.

"Fool me once....." was all he said before his gun snapped up and erupted in loud bangs.

He emptied his gun into the demon as he ran back to his duffle bag. Callisto made a move for the mobster, only to be shoulder checked away by the quick thinking Dante. Raul was only staggered, and quickly launched into a run after Kermit, who had reached his bag and already begun digging into it, furiously looking for something. Before the demon could strike, Kermit exclaimed a loud "A ha!" and turned, arm out stretched, towards Raul. The demon skidded to a stop; face inches away from an object in Kermit's hand.

"You know what this is right?" Kermit smiled "It's an AN-M14, perhaps the deadliest of all hand grenades. Janice loves these things, you know why? Because they create a metric shit ton of fire. "

The word fire caught Callisto's ear, and she turned away from Dante's fast assault, instead focusing on the device with the blue band around it in Kermit's hand. Raul as well backed away a foot.

"They also very nasty. Thermite based, burns at around 4000 degrees, this little sucker will tear you apart. Burns fast and hot, right through skin, nerves, and even bones. This little puppy here has enough power in it to make about 100 humans crispy critters in less than a New York minute. So, you two wanna see what it can do to you? Because I am absolutely dying to try one of these things out."

Kermit pulled the pin and let it fall to the floor.

"Oops." He said with a smile. "Now we are really fucked. I drop this bad boy and we all burn."

"You won't destroy yourself!" Raul shouted "You mortaaaaals aaaare too in love with your own mortaaaality to willingly destroy yourselves! You aaaare bluffing!"

"Am I?" Kermit responded, with equal volume. "You ripped into my mind with your dreams, and visions, and lies. You tossed my closet friend off a balcony! He very well might die in the hospital bed. You stole the love of my life! How do I even know she is still alive? Tell me pop, what do I have to lose? I can take you out and get my revenge. I will die quickly, will you? Or will you burn in agony as the fire eats you alive? Not even water could put out the flame this sucker causes! You made me crazy dear ole dad, wanna see the final product of your hard work?"

Callisto looked to Dante with fear in her eyes. But Dante understood exactly what Kermit was doing. He just hoped it didn't back fire.

"He'll do it Karen. This guy is certifiably coo coo for Coco Puffs."

Kermit laughed.

"You bet your pale white ass I am. So, you two wanna chance it? Do you? HUH?!?!"

His eyes were filled with the fire only madness can bring. He face, drawn back in a smile that would make nearly anyone's blood run cold. Kermit was embracing the insanity Raul forced upon him. An insanity that the demon was now regretting. Dante heard the sound of a gun coking behind him. Turning he noticed that Jay had found his own little toy in Kermit's bag of goodies. An MP5 Sub-Machine gun. He nodded to Dante, who ran to Wendy's comatose form on the couch.

"Down Kermit!" he shouted.

And the mobster dropped to the floor, grenade still in hand, as Jay opened up into Raul. Bullets flew fast and accurate, as the demon was forced back by the repeated hits of the MP5. Kermit, spotting Callisto heading towards her ex-lover.

"Hey Karen!" he shouted, causing the vampire to momentarily turn towards him. He threw the grenade towards her. "Catch!"

Callisto screamed in fear, as the device flew in the air towards her. The fire would kill her, and she, like all selfish creatures, decided flight was better than fight, a took off the other direction away from the grenade. Raul too howled as he booked it out of Dantecorp, Jay emptying his weapon into the back of the fleeing demon. Dante grabbed up Wendy and made a hasty dash for the stairs, trying to outrun the grenades explosion. Jay joined him.

"Kermit! Get out of there!" Jay shouted.

But the mobster solely stood up and brushed himself off. He casually strolled over to the device on the floor.

"Dammit Kermit run!" Dante called.

But Kermit simply picked up the cylinder and smiled. He pointed to the blue band wrapped around it.

"Dud." Was all he said.

Both Dante and Jay froze, mouths hanging open. A few seconds of silence followed, before Dante opened up with a loud ring of laughter, Jay joining in soon behind as did Kermit. Yet Dante was struck by something, as the events that had just transpired ran again in his mind. He had thought this man before him was a simple criminal, prone to threats and cheap attacks to get by. But now Dante realized that Kermit was more than that. He was clever, intelligent, and one damn good actor. He would have to remember this in future dealings with the mobster.

-----------------------------------------

Dante and Kermit left the small medical room in Dantecorp, leaving Jay to continue his tests on Wendy. As they walked, Dante's curiousity could not be contained any longer.

"Okay Kermit." he said, coming to a stop. "How did you know that grenade was a dud?"

Kermit stopped alongside Dante.

"I've done a lot of work with military sub-contracters. Mostly under the table stuff. Waving off gamblings debts, stuff like that. Well, in return, I get access to goods like that."

"So you only carry duds?"

"No" the mobster responded with a smile. "About a third of the grenades in there are duds. You can tell by the band color. Blue means innert, yellow means live. I like to keep some of the blue ones as a back-up plan. In case somebody gets in my bag, odds are about 33% that they will pull out the dud. It can give me the upper hand."

"You really think ahead don't you."

"In my world, you have too. But that little trick out there was pretty nice wasn't it?"

Dante started walking again, Kermit in tow.

"It was, but it won't work twice."

"I doubted would. But it gives us some more time. Plus, it pissed Raul off."

"You sure you want to do that?"

"If he thinks like how I think he does, that situation will provoke him into something stupid. And hopefully we can use that to our advantage. At least I hope so."

"You assume a lot Kermit."

The two entered Dante's office. Dante slumped into his chair and rubbed his head. Kermit sat as well, unsure what to say. Maybe he did assume too much about what this creature would do now.

"Look Jason, I think Raul will act the way I expect. He's egotistical and vain. Once he realizes I tricked him, he is bound to put all his cards on the table."

"And he might. But understand, he made just kill Janice to spite you."

"Not if he still thinks he can use her to control me. While she's alive, he has an ace. If she's dead, he has no card to play."

"Maybe. But in any case, he will want revenge against you for this insult."

Kermit nodded, expecting as much.

"Well, before he does, finish what you were telling me earlier. I think I need to know more about."

"Well you do. Still sure you want to know?"

"You bet. I want to go as far down that rabbit hole as it goes."

Dante nodded.

"Besides." Kermit continued. "I might be the key to my salvation."

Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:50 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]