[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Friction: Shi vs Atomic Welfare vs Aaron Keening
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:20 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Friction: Shi vs Atomic Welfare vs Aaron Keening 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Friction: Shi vs Atomic Welfare vs Aaron Keening
<center>
Atomic Welfare is a big, scary man. Shi is a smaller, equally scary man. These two won't hesitate for a moment to tear each other apart. Newcomer Aaron Keening has a real test before him with these two!
</center>

Fri May 11, 2007 3:50 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Too much time on my hands

Backstage after Road to Glory

The is an old custom one must follow when starting up in a wrestling federation. As a show of respect and courtesy, all new comers must introduce themselves to everyone in the locker room. Failure to do so might result in vicious hazing, pranks, and numerous other ways to humiliate or torture the dis-respectful new guy. Aaron Keening had heard of this unwritten law, and was determined to meet and shake hands with every single wrestler on the roster. However, this would prove most difficult.

First came Darkness, and what a warm welcome this tall dark figure was. He had been walking out of the arena when Aaron ran into him. With a slight smile on his face, Aaron extended his hand and said..

"Hiya! Aaron Keening. I'm new..."

but Darkness walked right past him without acknowledging his presence.

"..here and just wanted to intr....bah."

Great start.... he thought to himself as he continued his search for more wrestlers he needed to shake hands with. Coming down the hall, jogged a young brown haired woman.

Okay Aaron, smile, extend the hand, and be polite. First impressions when friends.

When the woman was close, Aaron followed his own mental advice to the T. He smiled, he extended his hand, and in his most polite and respectful voice he said...

"Hi! I'm Aaron Keeni...."

"Did you see Darkness come by this way?" she interrupted.

"Wha...huh?"

"Darkness. Tall, brooding, wears all black with a side of scowl?"

"Um...yea, he went that way." Aaron said, pointing in the direction Darkness stalked off too.

"Great, thanks." and she jogged in that direction.

"I'm new here and trying to introduce myself to my fellow wrestlers and they keep walking by, or jogging by, or crap." Aaron mumbled.

But it took more than that to keep Aaron down. That was two people, out of a locker room over 2 dozen. Certainly, somebody would give him the time of day. So he ventured on. After a few he came across a man, dressed sharp in a pin stripe business suit and fedora hat. Aaron could see what looked like a bandage around the well dressed individual's head. He sat in a corner of the arena, a silver belt on his lap with what appeared to be blood on the surface. He never noticed Aaron as the young man walked up to him. Aaron took a deep breath.

"Hi! I'm Aaron Keening. I'm new here and trying to..."

The man jumped up and locked eyes with Aaron.

"What do you want?" he sneered.

"Um...*gulp*..I'm trying to introduce myself to the locker room and.."

His sentence was cut short with a wave of the strange older man's hand.

"You're after this aren't you?" he asked, pointing the the silver belt in his left hand. "Dante sent you to steal my belt didn't he?"

"Um...no? I'm just new."

The man laughed.

"Well then, if you aren't part of Dante's crew of sicko fucks, then maybe you should leave me alone. Unless of course you wanna help me with some, Bleeder practice." the last two words said with an evil grin.

"Well, not really."

"Too bad. Watch yourself here kiddo. Bad people are always plotting."

And the man and his funny looking silver belt walked off, muttering to himself.

Aaron let go a deep sigh. Really now, what the hell was going on here. Was anybody going to let him finish a damn sentence? How hard is it to be polite? He closed his eyes, a took another deep breath. Then another.

"People are strange." muttered Aaron "When you're a stranger."

His eyes opened to see a strange girl standing in front of him, staring at him quizzically.

"Myra likes that song."

Her sudden appearance kind of startled Aaron. Quickly, he regained his composure and extended his hand.

"Hi! Aaron Keening. I'm new here and want.."

"Myra thinks you talk too much." and she turned and started walking away, leaving a stunned Aaron, mouthing hanging open in mid sentence, hand still extended. After a second or two, he snapped out of it and shook his head.

Okay. thought Aaron What the hell?

He was beginning to wonder if he should even bother introducing himself to the other wrestlers, given the reactions he had been getting. But Aaron just knew, he could feel it, that somebody around this place would accept his introduction without cutting him off, ignoring him, or threatening him. So he continued on. Aaron Keening does not give up that easy.

As he rounded the corner, he spotted another member of the TCW roster. Still in his blue and brown ring gear, this man was sitting in a chair enjoying a paper cup of water.

"Fifth times a charm." Aaron muttered to himself as he walked up to the lone wrestler.

Extending his hand, a slight smile on his face, Aaron said..

"Hi! Aaron Keening. I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself to you."

He finished his introduction! At last!

The seated man accepted the handshake and replied with a smile.

"How's it going? I'm Matt Strikmore. Sounds liked you've been working on that little intro."

Aaron had to laugh.

"And you have no idea how hard it's been for me to actually finish it. I keep getting cut off."

"Welcome to TCW. Get used to getting cut off mid sentence." Matt answered with a warm smirk.

"Thanks for the warning Matt."

"No sweat. I remember my first day backstage. Wasn't that long ago as a matter of fact. So, what do you think of the little circus we all are a part off?"

"I've heard good things, but can I be honest to you?"

"I would expect nothing else."

Aaron took a seat next to the Transcontinental Champ.

"A few of the folks around here seem a bit....."

"Strange?"

"Bingo"

Matt chuckled.

"That's TCW. Being a little weird is kind of par for the course around here. But just wait. After a few shows, you'll see what I mean."

Matt stood up.

"Well I gotta take off. Get a little R&R before the next show. Take it easy Aaron."

"Same to you Matt"

The two shoke hands again, before Matt walked off to the locker room. Aaron stood there for a moment feeling pretty good. When the going gets tough, the tough get going, he reminded himself.

"And a one, and a two, and a three." he said to himself, before he set out again on his personal mission. After all, Matt Strikmore couldn't be the only decent person in this roster. Could he?

Mon May 14, 2007 11:39 pm
Mid Carder

Atomic Welfare was in a good mood. Even though the crushing disappointment of not gaining the Bleeder Title ran through his mind. He could see Kermit laughing as he strolled down the corridors, brushing past Atomic's large figure as if it was made of paper, his title still wrapped around his shoulders. The Double Patriot needed a new tactic. Stealing Pins wasn't going to work on the veteren champion. But what if...

The Dressing room door swung open, and thw beaming smile of Blue Chipper Aaron Keening shone through (aided substantially by standing in front of a missplaced stage light). Confidently the newbie lauched himself into the dressing room, arms stretched at the confused ex-soldier.

"Let me introduce myself. My name is Aaron Keening, the newest Wrestler in this noble Federation. And you are?"

Atomic Welfare almost yanked the arm out of Kenning's socket as he grasped the wrestler's arm

"Anthony Smith, aka Atomic Welfare. I do believe that you are facing me at Friction, tough start don't you think?"

"Well we all have to start somewhere" murmured Keening, trying to keep up with Atomic's lightening pace.

Welfare smiled:

"I'm fairly new, but I know you have to be pretty special to make any headway here. Even winning the Aftershock Title would be classed as a monumental achievement. You drink?"

"Occasionally"

"Well your drinking this afternoon..."

Reluctuntly Keening followed, at least Welfre appeared to be a friendly outgoing guy!

Thu May 17, 2007 12:29 am
Too much time on my hands

Dark, quiet, and a little bit dirty. That's how Aaron would describe this hole in the wall dive bar Anthony took him too. But hey, the place at least had atmosphere like the classic old bars back in the day. None of the brightly polished, lots of light, sparkling clean bars springing up all over the country today. No, a bar had to feel like this place did. Anthony pulled up a stool and ordered his drink.

"Mug of whatever's on tap." he said to the man behind the bar.

"And you man?"

"Same." Aaron responded.

The barman nodded and went to fetch the drinks. Anthony turned Aaron.

"So..." he said slowly, eyeing Aaron. "How's it feel to be the new fish in the pond?"

"It feels different here."

"Oh?" Anthony said, cocking an eyebrow up.

"Well this place seems pretty weird ya know? Strange vibe, kinda like sudden key change that quickly returns to the major. You know something's different, but not sure if it's a good or bad thing."

Anthony sat there looking at Aaron for a moment without responding. He didn't quite get what this new guy was saying. Thankfully, he found a convenient segway when the drinks arrived.

"Hey, beer's here." he said, handing a mug to Aaron. "To new opportunities."

He raised his glass in mock toast, before taking a deep drink. Aaron did the same.

"Think you can beat me?" Anthony asked bluntly causing Aaron to choke a little mid drink.

"Wait? What?"

"You heard me. Do you think you can beat me? Simple question."

Aaron sat back, not sure what this seemingly friendly man's intentions where. He decided to take the safest answer he could.

"I never think I can beat anybody. You do your best, and hope you come out on top."

Anthony laughed and slapped Aaron hard on the back.

"Good attitude man. And safe too." he said with a smirk.

The two continued their drinks.

Wed May 23, 2007 12:03 am
Mid Carder

"So, what about this Shi guy?" asked Keening innocently,

"I have no idea, the guy is a shady character. He keeps to him self. Rumours suggest he's a Japanese hitman. I just think he's covering up the fact he works for 2 wrestling companies at once!"

"Ah yes, you follow affairs at the competition then?"

Atomic Welfare looked puzzled

"Son, do you not read The Observer?"

"The what?!"

"The Pro Wrestling Observer, it tracks all the news behind the scenes at the big Feds. If you use the reports properly, you have a huge psychological advantage in the ring. Let's say I picked up an arm twinge while travelling. Then upon learning my information, you then use my sore arm in the match, hell you could..."

"And what does this have to do with the FWRFederation?"

Smith paused from his monologue and gave Aaron Keening a long hard stare, which was given greater effect by the shadows and dust in the room:

"You do this every time someone offers advice?"

Keening bowed his head in Silence:

"Long story short is that TCW owns FWRFed, think of the Federation as another 'brand'"

Keening smiled as he rose his head up to take another swig of his beer, his fingers whiping away the dusty marks which had formed. Atomic Welfare smiled and slapped the Newbie on the back a second Time:

"You've got a promising career here Kid, You have the tenacity of a future World Champion- just keep your head and follow instructions."

3 Rounds of Lager later and the two wrestlers strolled out of the Bar, Keening wiping away away the dust which had formed on his jacket. Atomic Welfare smiled as he dragged open the first Taxi door and climbed in (while dragging his new found friend in of course!). Aaron Keening sighed. Perhaps his opponent was being too friendly. Rumours about him had filtered through the locker room. Rumours of a bad-tempered man, a man disgraced, a man courting with the idea of stealing away the Bleeder Title. After all, Aaron Keening had seen the Godfather. He knew the saying: "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

Was he a friend of the Double Patriot?

Or a Foe?

The Sun slowly disappeared amongst the Canadian City's skyline, its ornage haze reflected of the huge Glass windows of the towers which surrounded and hounded the streets. Up in these towers, something caught Keening's eye as the Taxi pulled out onto the street. A small man, dressed in a long, dark trenchcoat was sat in a balcony- watching. It was Shi.

Wed May 23, 2007 12:39 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]