[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Friction: Acolyte & Kevin Sheene vs The RoXoRz
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:28 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Friction: Acolyte & Kevin Sheene vs The RoXoRz 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Friction: Acolyte & Kevin Sheene vs The RoXoRz
Acolyte & Kevin Sheene vs The RoXoRz

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:51 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Mid Carder

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:00 am
Too much time on my hands

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:05 pm
411's Prima Donna

David Hardy looked down at the Aftershock title, the belt that was finally his. Of course he had been looking after it for JE for the past few months, but now it finally had his name on it, and the glowing infinity symbol branded into the gold. It was not a title win he was extremely proud of, seeing as he won it by spending most of the match outside of the ring and swooping in when the opportunity knocked. While JE and Kermit beat each other to shit, Hardy conserved his energy for a quick strike and, thanks to his feet on the ropes, that became a reality.

Either way, Hardy was glad that he at least had some sort of gold around his waist. It had been about a year and a half since he lost the Transcontinental title in a triple threat match against Highone and Tony Lupelli. Naturally, he would have gone for a rematch, but as bad luck would have it, Hardy received a serious injury shortly afterwards, which would put him out of commission for some time. Since he's returned, the only title shot he got was a fatal four way ladder match, which was won by Hardy's friend Matt Strikmore. At least now he had something.

"I wonder if they'll cheer me..." he thought to himself.

Since he won the belt, the wrestling websites had been tearing him apart. Most of them were saying how Hardy shouldn't be in the Aftershock division. How it was unfair to the other competitors to have someone considered above that league floating around and picking off easy targets. These talks pissed Hardy off. So many people said that he should be fighting for higher belts. In a way Hardy agreed, but it seemed like the head honchos at TCW didn't see it that way. Over the past year, Hardy had received only one TC shot, which he'd rather forget, and to this day he has never received a World championship shot. It was a bit frustrating to Hardy, especially since many other Infinity members had received several shots.

Over the past few months, it seemed, Hardy had been apparently growing apart from the rest of the group. It wasn't something personal, but mostly due to Hardy's depression and wanting to be alone so much. There was no denying that were beginning to be some tensions in the group, especially after the negative results at Apeirophobia, where most of the group lost. Hell, Hardy didn't get any congratulations for his title win, which was a bit frustrating. He couldn't help but wonder if he was the odd man out in the superstar faction. Of course, he'd never say that to any of them, but it was something that kept picking at the back of his mind. Just another little tick pushing him closer to the edge.

He shook off the thought and looked back at his reflection in the Aftershock title. It was time to forget about these distractions and get back to the present reality. The RoXoRz now had a match against the co-winners of the S.H.I.T. Kevin Sheene and Acolyte. He had faced Acolyte in a tag match before, but this would be the first time he would be in the same ring as Sheene. Fortunately for Hardy, he had known quite a bit about Sheene. During his many sleepless nights in Europe, he would sit in his bed and watch whatever wrestling he could dig up. In some of the tapes, he saw Sheene wrestling in dark matches and other Indy feds. Although he never paid any specific attention to him, Hardy had seen a few of Sheene's matches and was actually impressed by what he saw. There were actually a few parallels between their styles in that they both mixed the technical aspect with high flying. Hardy didn't know much about the man behind the wrestler, but in the ring, Hardy liked what he saw.

"So what do you think of this Sheene guy?" Hardy asked, "Seems pretty capable to me..."

Hardy looked across the table to see Highone staring forward, though looking at nothing. He seemed to be thinking of something or daydreaming. This was something that seemed to be happening a lot lately. On the plane, in the limo, at the hotel, and now at the stadium, Highone seemed to be in some far off place. The two hadn't really discussed it, but Hardy assumed that it had something to do with Highone's recent loss to Dante. Another championship attempt down the drain. It was a bit awkward for Hardy since it was not like his partner to beat himself up like this after a loss.

"I hope you're not still upset about your loss..." Hardy said.

Highone didn't respond, he just kept staring forward. Hardy crossed his arms and wondered if he was paying any attention to him whatsoever. Hardy had been speaking to Highone for at least ten minutes, but it was just now that he realized that his partner had not responded to him at all. Either he was really in deep thought, or he was just ignoring Hardy's usual Lita-babble. Whatever the case, it was getting Hardy agitated. He slammed the table.

"Wake up!" Hardy shouted.

Highone finally blinked and glanced at his partner.

"What's up?" he asked nonchalantly.

"You've been daydreaming all this time I've been trying to talk to you! What's the deal?" Hardy asked.

Highone ran a hand through his hair and shook his head, "Sorry man, I guess I'm just tired..."

"Don't give me that," Hardy said, "You've been acting totally weird since the show. It's been nearly impossible to talk to you, you ain't answering your phone, you haven't shaved for days, hell, did you even pay attention to the meeting Stern called us here for?"

"Of course I did," Highone said, "I just don't care..."

"Then what's the deal with your mood?" Hardy asked.

"It's nothing, really," Highone replied, "just collecting my thoughts. You know, deciding where I go from here, what I want to achieve, that kind of stuff..."

"And that's been what's making you all weird lately?" Hardy sighed.

"Do you ever wonder why you're here?" Highone asked him.

"Excuse me?" Hardy blinked.

"Like, have you ever wondered why your life's path has guided you here?" Highone asked, a serious tone taking over his voice.

"Well I think that has more to do with whoever scheduled the recent world tour..." Hardy joked.

"No, seriously," Highone said, "Do you ever think that maybe there are bigger reasons that life has brought us to this fed other than to just wrestle and make money."

"Dude, you're sounding kind of brokeback right now..." Hardy coughed.

Highone stared down at the table for several moments before nodding, "yeah, you're probably right."

Highone stood up quickly.

He looked down at Hardy "Hey, I gotta hit up the bathroom then I've got a few errands to run, I'll catch up with you later, alright?"

Hardy raised an eyebrow before nodding slowly, "sure..."

"RoX on, bro," Highone said as he turned and walked away.

Hardy slowly got up and walked the opposite direction. Something was definitely up with Highone, though it was completely beyond Hardy's understanding. He could only hope that the truth would be revealed in time. Highone had always been philosophical, but he'd never really touched on this purpose of life stuff, or whatever he was on. It was a bit unsettling to Hardy. Had the RoXoRz grown so far apart that Hardy couldn't even understand his own partner? Had their lives grown so far apart? Hardy guessed that it didn't really matter as long as they could still mesh so well together in the ring, but it was still something that was bugging Hardy.

It wasn't long until Hardy noticed a newly familiar face looking at some of the framed photos along the stadium walls. It was none other than Kevin Sheene, one of his opponents at Friction. Hardy changed his direction and approached the fed newcomer.

"Mr. Sheene!" Hardy said as he stepped up to him.

Sheene turned around and seemed momentarily startled before smiling slightly and speaking.

"Oh... hello..." he said.

Hardy extended his hand, "I'm David Hardy, nice to meet you!"

Sheene cautiously shook his hand. He quickly scanned the surrounding area to make sure Hardy was alone.

Hardy raised an eyebrow and looked over his shoulder then back to Sheene.

"Is there a problem?" he laughed softly, "I didn't know I incited paranoia..."

Sheene shook his head, "With all due respect, I was warned to be careful around you. Apparently you and your friends are fond of sneak attacks."

"Oh come on!" Hardy chuckled, "that is SO 2004... Don't worry dude, I ain't here to attack you."

"Well you'll have to forgive me if I act cautious," Sheene said.

"No worries, man," Hardy said, "in my first couple years in the fed I did stuff like that so I see where you're coming from."

"So what can I do for you?" Sheene asked.

"Nothing really," Hardy shrugged, "just figured I'd get to know the new guy. I know it's tough just starting here and it can be kind of hard to fit in."

"Oh believe me," Sheene said, "I know what that's like."

"And I wanted to congratulate you on your win at Apeirophobia," Hardy smiled.

"I was a co-winner," Sheene responded.

"A mere technicality," Hardy smiled and tapped his belt, "I think it's only a matter of time before you are wearing this around your waist."

"Well let's not forget that Acolyte still has a chance too," Sheene said.

"Look, I'm probably not supposed to say anything about this," Hardy said softly, "but Shadow, he likes you, and I think he's going to award you over Acolyte."

"I guess we'll just have to see..." Sheene replied.

"But just a word of advice," Hardy said, "I think you should be careful since you're dealing with someone who's part of the New Hellfire Club."

"They seem like decent enough people to me," said Sheene.

"Yeah they might seem like it, but would you really trust some guy who calls himself Acolyte and is constantly sucking the ass of Darkness and Dante?" Hardy scoffed, "I think his allegiances show Acolyte is nothing more than a leech, using people better than him to achieve his goals."

"Couldn't that be said about anyone in a faction?" Sheene raised a brow.

Hardy shrugged, "I guess so, but don't forget, this is a group of weirdoes who think they're related to the devil and run around thinking their demon slayers. You know, kind of like those dorks who don't bathe and just sit around playing dungeons and dragons."

"Look man," Sheene said, "it's not like I'm hanging out with them, I'm just a guys partner for one show..."

Hardy nodded slowly, "I know, but just be careful about those guys. You don't want them to drain your blood and sacrifice you to Xenu or whatever the fuck they do."

"I think it would probably be best for me not to get caught up in your faction rivalries," Sheene said.

"Fair enough," Hardy nodded, "and like I said, just a heads up. But all that aside, I'm starving, can I grab you a bite of lunch?"

Sheene hesitated for a moment. He was told to be weary around Hardy, but so far he had seemed like a decent enough character. He looked at Hardy and nodded slowly.

"I am a bit hungry... sure, why not?" he said.

"Rockin," Hardy replied, "I've got friends in town here to recommend this great place not too far from here."

The two turned and headed towards the nearest exit. It seemed like their meeting had gotten off to a good start, but was Hardy just setting up his new acquaintance, or did he really had interest in getting to know this fed's newest star?

David Hardy's Title History:

411Fed 2004 Tag-Team Turmoil Winner (RoXoRz) 8/15/04
411Fed Tag Team Champion (RoXoRz) 11/24/04 - 3/2/05
411Fed Intercontinental Champion 3/2/05 - 6/6/05 (Merged with ECF Transcontinental Title)
411Fed/ECF Transcontinental Champion 6/6/05 - 11/28/05
TCW Aftershock Champion 3/6/07 - 5/2/08

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:12 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Mid Carder

(Kevin had no idea what to make of this situation. One minute he was talking with David Hardy, one half of his opponents for Friction, the next minute, the two of them were heading out to eat. Had his defenses lowered too much in those few minutes, or did he actually trust the damn guy?)

"So what are you in the mood for? Pizza? Burgers?"

(It was Hardy. The two had just reached the parking structure, and, after some silence, he was asking Kevin about what to eat. Kevin, momentarily brought out of his inner thoughts, slowly looked at Hardy, then shrugged and fumbled for some words to say.)

Kevin Sheene: Huh? Oh uh...I dunno man....whatever you think is best...

David Hardy: Pizza it is then....heh....and I was told about a good spot to get it too....

Kevin Sheene: Sounds like....uh....a lot of fun.....

(Hardy and Sheene walked several feet into the lot until they got to Hardy's rental car. However, this would not be the car that Kevin would be driving in today. As no sooner had Hardy unlocked the door and headed into the driver's seat, did a limo slowly pull up and ease to a stop in front of it.)

Kevin Sheene: It looks like you're blocked in....

David Hardy: (From the driver's seat) What the fuck? (A pause, he frowns and gets out of his car) What is this shit?

(Hardy heads over to the driver's side of the limo and taps on the window.)

David Hardy: Hey! (Tap, Tap) Hey jerk off! Your blocking me in here! (Tap, Tap, Tap) Move this thing before I ram it!

(Suddenly, a familiar, to Hardy anyway, voice rang out from the open window of the back seat.)

Shadow: (V.O) David....If you don't mind....I'm in need of Mr. Sheene's services at the moment....

(Hardy's head turned towards the open window as Kevin curiously walked over and stood next to him.)

David Hardy: Shadow? That you?

Shadow: (Leans his head out, as best as he can, and nods) It is.... (Spies Kevin and nods) Mr. Sheene.....Nice to see you again....Please, come into the limo....

Kevin Sheene: (A look of confusion on his face, he turns to Hardy) Uh....er.....rain check I guess?

David Hardy: (Looking at Shadow, then to Kevin) Yeah....sure....rain check.....

(With that, and a bit of hesitation, Sheene walked around to the passenger side of the limo, opened the door, and got in. As he closed the door, and Shadow motioned for the driver to head off, Kevin's eyes caught Hardy, who just stood there and watched the limo go off. Was that a look of anger on Hardy's face? Confusion? Had Shadow, who, from Kevin's understanding, was also a member of Infinity, inadvertently messed up any plans that Hardy had for Kevin, or was Kevin just being paranoid as usual. Slowly, the limo exited the parking structure and went down the street. Silence had overtaken the inside of the limo. Across from Kevin sat Shadow, in some kind of restraining seat, no doubt so that he wouldn't fall over, as he had been hurt at the PPV by Duo and PD. Seated to Kevin's left were two Asian women, both looking like they just came out of some kind of Samurai movie. He looked the two women up and down, but only got scowls, looks of "avert your eyes if you want to keep them", in return. These looks unnerved Kevin a bit, and he did in fact look away, only for Shadow to chuckle a bit.)

Shadow: Have Yu and Ai got you nervous?

Kevin Sheene: Well....Kinda yeah....

Shadow: Don't worry about them....They won't hurt you....unless I tell them too....

Kevin Sheene: Oh....heh....I see.... (A pause, he adds in nervously) Are you?

Shadow: (Waves his hand and chuckles) Heavens no....quite the opposite actually...I'm very glad I found you with my associate David, as I have some good news for you...You recall your S-Mart Invitational match at the PPV yes?

Kevin Sheene: Jeez....How *could* I forget it.....I bled like crazy, and every part of my body hurts from all of the shots I took....

Shadow: But you still pulled out a victory....

Kevin Sheene: Well....Not really....Acolyte and I were tied....

Shadow: (Goes on, as if he is ignoring Sheene) Which is why I have something here for you...

Kevin Sheene: For me?

Shadow: For you...

(He motions for Yu to open up a black duffel bag next to him. Yu nods and does so to reveal what looks to be a title belt. Yu hands the belt to Shadow, who hands it to Sheene.)

Kevin Sheene: What is this?

Shadow: Why, the S-Mart Title of course...

Kevin Sheene: The what now?

Shadow: Don't you recall when I said the winner of the S-Mart Invitational would get the coveted S-Mart Title?

Kevin Sheene: Well....yes....But shouldn't Acolyte and I share this title since we both technically won?

Shadow: Forget about that man for now.....He is someone who should not be trusted...

Kevin Sheene: You guys in Infinity seem to like that phrase a lot....Why do...

Shadow: (Cuts Sheene off) Can I ask you a serious question? When Mr. Acceptable and K.I.D wanted you out of the match due to your....condition....how did it make you feel?

Kevin Sheene: ...I don't know what this has to do with my question....but it made me feel angry....angry and annoyed....

Shadow: Angry and annoyed that they treated you like some freak?

Kevin Sheene: Well.....yes....

Shadow: ...Do you want to know what I see when I look at you Kevin? And what I saw when I watched that match? I saw a wrestler with talent, and potential....In fact, had I not heard those two idiots K.I.D and Acceptable ranting about it....I wouldn't even know you had the condition you have....

Kevin Sheene: (An interested brow raised) Oh yeah?

Shadow: Yes....Which is why I want you....Kevin....to be the inaugural S-Mart champion....Now granted, it's not a title that the TCW will be recognizing....*but*....I am paying 300K to the man who holds the title....which would be you....that plus....the exposure you'll be getting from it will be through the roof....

(Kevin was now at full attention. 300,000 dollars? For holding a belt that technically isn't a recognized one? Exposure? This was something he did not expect in the least.)

Kevin Sheene: All of this for me?

Shadow: It is....What do you say...."champ"....

Kevin Sheene: I....I *don't* know what to say....

Shadow: Overwhelming for a rookie eh?

Kevin Sheene: I just....didn't think you would do this for me is all...

Shadow: Well believe it.....Your hotel is close by, yes?

Kevin Sheene: (Now torn between answering this question, and being shocked at this belt he is being given) Uh...er....well yeah....it is....

Shadow: Stop here then driver....

(The driver nods and pulls up to a nearby hotel. Once the limo has stopped, Sheene gets out, the belt now in his hands.)

Shadow: (Rolls his window down and gives Kevin a card) Here...call me in a bit and we can talk more about this....ok?

Kevin Sheene: ...Sure....

Shadow: Good....remember kid....you are not the freak people say you are....you are a talented wrestler....end of story.....

(With that, the window rolled up, and away the limo went, leaving behind Sheene and the belt. Was this a dream? Was he still sleeping at the stadium?)

"You are not the freak people say you are....you are a talented wrestler....end of story....."

(Had he really said that? Did he really mean it when he said he didn't care about his HIV? And was this title really, truly his? Whatever the case, this week just got a lot more interesting...)

(End of Part II)

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:49 am
Too much time on my hands

The stone pillars in front of Sheene stood straight and tall, a sensation he could currently relate to. It likely was no coincidence Shadow's car had dropped the fresh-faced TCW superstar in front of one of Montreal's finest hotels. And, given his new $300,000 per month salary, Kevin felt a bit like indulging himself. His mind flashed back to earlier in the day when he'd admired Acolyte's accommodations, hoping one day he'd find himself successful enough to enjoy such splendor. Little did he realize at the time such a day was already at hand.

The S-Mart Champion smiled and walked into the hotel's lobby. His belongings were at the budget motel he'd originally checked into upon arriving in Canada, but Sheene knew he could pick them up later. Hell, if need be, he could now afford to buy a new wardrobe tenfold over. Perhaps life was finally looking up for the young man from the Atlantic Coast. He relished the moment, knowing all things in this world are temporary. A blood test taught him that lesson far too long ago.

Kevin was realistic enough to know Acolyte probably wouldn't be too happy about losing his claim to co-ownership of the S-Mart Title. He had every right to be pissed. The wrestlers had given their all, each showing true warrior spirit in the S.H.I.T. and both equally deserving of the match's prize. Still, it wasn't Sheene's fault Shadow had awarded him the spoils. Kevin had nothing to do with any NHFC vs. Infinity rivalry. His loyalty was to neither faction. And, as long as the checks kept clearing, it only seemed fitting the company's C.E.O. should have final say in who was depositing the money.

If Acolyte had a problem then Kevin hoped he'd express it directly. Both sides had warned Sheene to keep his eyes open in regards to one another. Each platform seemed to be misinformed, as he'd been treated with nothing but respect in his encounters with Shadow, David Hardy, and Acolyte. Still, money changes things, so Kevin was smart enough to till reserve his final judgement on all involved parties.

After a brief conversation with the desk person, Sheene slid his credit card across the polished marble surface. He inquired as to the nearest hospital, then thanked the polite young woman and took his key. The time would eventually come for confronting Acolyte about Shadow's decision. However, at the moment, something more pressing and immediate was calling to the newly found fan of Republican tax policy; five-star hotel room service.

----

A soft orange glow danced on the room's dark walls, the fireplace acting as the room's only source of light. Highone sat on the floor staring into the controlled blaze. Its reflection bounced off the mirrors his glistening eyes had created. He leaned back against the walnut coffee table and let out a deep sigh. A flick of his wrist sent another green, rectangular piece of paper floating through the air where it eventually found its final resting place in flames' embrace.

Highone looked down at the stack of money in his palm. Benjamin Franklin stared upwards making a silent appeal to avoid his mates' fate. His inaudible plea was met with equally deaf ears. The former championship contender leaned forward, stretching out his arm to light the tip of a hundred-dollar bill. He watched as the fire slowly cascaded down the bill's sides eventually opting to finish the job once the flames had reached his fingertips.

It had all seemed so simple as a fresh-faced rookie a few years back. Highone's motivation had purely been about living a comfortable life using the federation as a means to obtaining it. Success had lead to over-indulgence of every kind. Beautiful women, fancy baubles, and nights filled with drugs and booze. And now the pile of flesh once carrying his soul had become a vessel long since spilled over.

Lilith and her snake-charming ways hadn't made an appearance since the build to Apeirophobia, but Highone knew in his heart he was yet to be rid of the Queen Succubus' evil. Fortunately, Rachelle Leah had remained overseas to promote the UFC's live April event in Manchester. Highone felt a sense of relief over her absence, for while he missed her warmth and beauty, he could not bear to see her potentially put in harm's way so soon after Hell's influence had nearly taken everything from her; had nearly taken everything from Highone by doing so.

A knocking at the door caught Highone's attention. He set his thinning billfold down and hopped to his feet. Expecting either an appearance by David Hardy or perhaps a sneak attack by the RoXoRz' opponents at Friction, and caring little about which it was, Highone opened the door with little regard for what awaited him. To his surprise it turned out to be neither.

Highone: Tech?

DeSean: Hey Highone, mind if I come in? I have something I want to talk about.

Highone: Su...sure, no problem...here let me cut some lights on...

DeSean: Great, I appreciate it. For a second I was worried we might have a vampire in our faction...but then I remembered we're Infinity.

Typically a verbal jab at the New Hellfire Club was good for a laugh. Blackwell knew Highone had been a little down in the dumps as of late, a thought confirmed by the darkened hotel room he'd been met with. He looked at Infinity's senior member in eager anticipation of a small chuckle or at least the initial crack of a smile. DeSean would only be greeted with disappointment, as no hint of enjoyment could be found on his friend's face.

Highone: Well, I've been sucking lately, but it hasn't been blood...it's been in the ring.

DeSean: Trust me, you aren't the only one pissed at their own performance....it's like I said at the club, we need to focus that energy on our opponents instead of negative bullshit. We're all good enough to beat any other man...or woman...in this place.

Highone: I appreciate the sentiment DeSean, but I'm not really in the mood for a pep talk. It's more than just winning and losing in the TCW ring...it's about the arena of life.

DeSean: Can we sit down?

Highone: Sure.

DeSean: What happened to you?

Highone: What do you mean??

DeSean: We've known each other for a long time in terms of this place...but over the past few weeks, something about you has changed. So what happened?

Highone: You wouldn't understand.

DeSean: Try me. Have you forgotten I've stood side-to-side with you against the best the NHFC had to offer? Do you think I don't know what kind of mindfuck they can attempt to induce?

Highone: It's more than that.

DeSean: Then tell me...that's why I'm here...that's why I'm asking. Hardy is on his way here too. He told me he was concerned, and man...if David takes a long enough break obsessing with Lita to notice something is off...anyways, we thought it would be good to take you out on the town...but first I wanted to talk to you and see how you're doing....to see what's on your mind...

Highone: Going out? Nah, thanks but no thanks...

DeSean: It's not a choice. You're going to have some fun, damnit!

Highone: See, you don't understand DeSean....I told you...the last thing I want to do right now is tip up a cup or look at a jiggling ass...

DeSean: Then something is DEFINITELY wrong, because those two things are your forte.

Highone: Exactly. It's all I've ever known. It's all I ever wanted. Sweet perfumed aspiring supermodels, thousand-count Egyptian cotton sheets...yeah...you know...maybe I should go I out...perhaps I should be at home amongst luxury and the trappings of female flesh...I said it myself just now...it's all I've ever wanted.

DeSean: Then what's the problem? Forget the other crap you're dealing with and be content. You've been given physical ability, good health, and some wonderful life experiences courtesy of a TCW paycheck. When you're blessed you don't ask why...you just accept it.

Highone: I still feel empty. My AmEx Black Card can't charge happiness...

DeSean: No, but it can get you a fine night on the town. Fuck the other stuff. Let's get excited, man...Friction is going to be our time to shine, especially coming off Apeirophobia. Shave that scruff off your jaw and let's go have fun.

Highone stood up in a heated manner. He'd come to the breaking point. He felt like paint brushed too thin over canvas, scraped in all directions to acommodate more space than the medium allowed for. Highone knelt down and picked up a charred bit of hundred-dollar bill. He tossed it over to Blackwell who looked it over with a confused expression on his brow. Highone then picked up his remaining wad of cash and threw it to the Technician.

DeSean: What do you want me to do with these?

Highone: Burn the rest of them....

DeSean: Uh...

Highone: Look, do whatever the fuck you want! I don't care!

The broken TCW superstar turned and stormed out of the room. Highone brushed pass a bewildered David Hardy in the hallway. The AfterShock Champion peeked into the hotel suite and exchanged a matching glance with DeSean. Hardy mouthed the words, "What the...". Blackwell shrugged. Meanwhile, Highone stormed off into the increasing darkness. Not just from the setting sun, but from the blackness he'd recently found himself feeling enveloped in. If only a beacon of light could set his ship on its proper course...

---

"Your move..."

Acolyte: I'm gettin there...

Misfit: No rush...just your king's life on the line.

Acolyte: Hah...Gideon...give me a second to think.

The two Hellfire Members sat there playing a game of chess. Both had some downtime during the build to Friction and it was a game the NHFC enjoyed. Many lessons about life could be taught on the checkered board and even more about strategy. It was a good distraction from the rough life a TCW superstar led, yet also a great instrument for focusing the mind. Acolyte moved his piece.

Misfit: Ah...nice...

Acolyte: Now you're up Bobby Fischer!

From across the room, Freya called out to Acolyte to get his attention. The NHFC youngster turned and saw a dark-haired man in glasses walking towards him with handheld tape recorder. He had a TCW Press Credential badge on making his occupation rather obvious.

Acolyte: Can I help you? We're kind of in the middle of things.

Misfit: It's fine...more time for me to figure out my next move...

Reporter: I appreciate it. I only need a second of your time.

Acolyte: Yes?

Reporter: My name is Jake Wisnewsky and I'm with TCW Beatdown, the fledgling magazine your company publishes.

Acolyte: Nice to meet you.

Wisnewsky: Likewise...I'm just here looking for a few comments from you on the S-Mart Title being awarded to Kevin Sheene.

Acolyte: Come again?

Wisnewsky: I have it on good authority that Sheene met earlier today with Shadow and was named as the rightful winner of the match.

Acolyte: That's rediculous. The ref raised both of our hands at the end of the match. I think you must be mistaken...

Wisnewsky: I'm pretty sure my source is credible.

Acolyte: And who would THAT be?

Wisnewsky: Shadow...

Acolyte: ...

Wisnewsky: Do you think Sheene being named the champion will cause a problem at Friction? After all, your teammate is now officially on S-Mart's payroll and we all know where Shadow's alliances stand...

Acolyte: Do me a favor...Jake? Is it?

Wisnewsky: Yes.

Acolyte: Why don't you see yourself out? I don't have anything more to say.

Wisnewsky: Whatever...

Acid Misfit looked up at Acolyte who appeared to be clearly annoyed.

Misfit: I hate to kick a man when he's down, but...

Acolyte: Yeah?

Misfit: Checkmate.

---

A final heaping spoonful of French Vanilla Ice Cream swirled with chocolate sauce, marachino cherry juice, and a hint of whipped cream signaled the Chocolate Sundae had officially arrived at its destination; Kevin Sheene's belly. He tossed the silver flatware back into the crystal goblet room sevice had delivered fifteen minutes earlier. Kevin let out a significant belch, then looked over at the empty plate to his left. It had once carried a 16 oz. T-Bone Steak, large baked potato with the works, and a heaping of sauteed veggies. All that remained was a chewed-on bone and a few broccoli florets. Normally this was the kind of food Sheene would avoid leading up to a match, but he knew a few extra hours in the Gym this week could knock the calories out before they had a chance to settle. As a former collegiate wrestler he knew all too well about cutting weight when necessary.

Sheene plopped down on the bed, resting his head against goose-down pillows. His job had started to almost feel like a temporary vacation, though one which he'd be brought back to the reality of fist-to-face as soon as Friction rolled around. Still, he knew he needed to tell Acolyte about his conversation with Shadow. The last thing the S-Mart Champion wanted was his tag-team partner not trusting him inside the squared circle. It was crucial they were on the same page if their team had any hope of beating the former 411Fed World Tag Team Champions, the RoXoRz.

His train of thought was broken up by the ringing of the room's phone...

Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:03 pm
Unintentionally Hilarious

No beacon of light was to be found in Highone's current situation.

His current situation being him locked in his room away from The Techman and Hardy.

"Come on man don't be emo." Said the newly crowned Aftershock Champ.

"Ha." Laughed Highone.

The Highster put on some Tenacious D to drown out the sound of his stablemates trying to convince him that money can buy you happiness.

Highone sat cross-legged on his double-kingsized bed (fit for a king and two queens), and picked up a stack of cards from the draw and started flinging them down into the carpet so that they would stick.

"Hello?"

"Yeah, this Kevin Sheene?"

"Yep."

"Well, first off *beep*. Ah damn hold on."

Before Acolyte could tell off Sheene he got a call on the other line.

"Hello?"

"Hiya Aco-buddy!"

"Oh hey Pyro."

"Just calling to tell you that I'm putting together a new stable and you should join!"

"Ummm, well I'm in a stable already."

"Yeah that didn't stop you from leaving Ghetto Grass did it?"

"Oh that was BURN!" Remarked Misfit who could hear the conversation because of the volume on the phone was turned up pretty loud. Aco shot him a glare.

"Well, that's a different story, and plus...."

"Oh come on, Spongebob Squarepants will be in it!!"

"Uh, great, well I'll get back to you on that buddy kay?"

"O-tay!"

During the whole time he was on hold, Kevin had answered his door and gotten his fancy drink, sat backed down on the bed, watched a few minutes of Oprah before hearing the crackling signaling that Acolyte was back.

Acolyte: "Hello?"

Sheene: "Still here."

Acolyte: "Ok.....oh yeah, what's up with you getting the money?"

Sheene: "Look man it's not like I asked for this..."

Acolyte: "Yeah right you and I both know that money belongs to....me."

Sheene: "Wait what? You? Man you got issues."

Acolyte: "NO, YOU got issues."

Sheene: "What are you, six?"

*-Click-*

Acolyte: "Dammit."

/OOC sorry this post was extremely short but I wanted to get the show on the road.

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:45 am
Profile E-mail
411's Prima Donna

David Hardy pulled the can of Pepsi from the vending machine slot and popped it open. Momentarily glancing at his reflection in the glass, he shook his head slowly and turned down the hallway. Taking a sip of his drink, he turned into the darkened hotel room to see DeSean sitting on Highone's bed with a slightly bewildered look on his face. The two young Infinity stars nodded at each other as Hardy sat in the La-Z-Boy across the room.

"So..." Hardy cleared his throat, "Where do you think he went?"

DeSean shook his head, "Hell if I know. He ain't answering his phone..."

Hardy nodded slowly, "Maybe he's just going through a midlife crisis or something."

"He ain't THAT old, is he?" asked DeSean.

"Beats me," shrugged Hardy, "I've been partners with the guy for like three years and I still don't know anything personal about him. I just know he likes the finer things in life... y'know, grass, booze, cash and especially ladies... he seems especially whipped by this latest one."

"Gee, I've never known anyone so obsessed with a girl..." DeSean grinned, poking fun at Hardy's obsession with Lita.

Hardy shot a fake glare at DeSean, "How about you technically kiss my ass, Blackwell?"

"Whatever man," DeSean smirked, "in any case the man was acting weird when I saw him. He kept going on about how his usual favorite things didn't matter to him."

Hardy raised an eyebrow, "Wow... you sure?"

DeSean nodded, "Yeah, he even wanted me to burn this wad of hundreds."

He held up the thick stack of bills and tossed them over to Hardy.

"Call me what you will, but I just can't bring myself to hurt those beauties, so I'm giving that responsibility to you," DeSean said.

Hardy caught the money and flipped through it, nodding slowly.

"You're too kind..." Hardy shook his head.

DeSean stood up and rotated his neck momentarily. He then turned towards the doorway.

"Look, I'm gonna try to find the guy," he said, "I'll let you know if I find him."

Hardy nodded as DeSean left the room, closing the door behind him. This left Hardy alone in the darkened room with just the fireplace and the wad of bills. Hardy yawned slightly and stood up, approaching the fireplace. He stared down at the fire, then at the money, seeming hesitant. After several moments of thought, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and hit the number 6 on speed dial.

"Hey Shads," Hardy said, "You think you could find me Sheene's hotel room number?"

Kevin Sheene entered the Beaver Club restaurant and was surprised at what he saw. For a place with such a goofy name, it was a very elegant, high-class restaurant. Flowers everywhere, classical art hung on the wall, and everyone was wearing a suit or a dress. Wearing just a normal coat and jeans, he didn't feel like he belonged there. Especially with the suit and tie requirement plaque hanging on the wall beside him. It wasn't long before a French host approached him. He had a rather disgusted look on his face but then it quickly changed, almost as if he suddenly remembered something.

"Good evening, sir," he said with an accent, "Monsieur Sheene, I presume?"

Kevin blinked and nodded slowly, "Yeah, that's me..."

"Yes..." the host said as he adjusted his tie, looking a bit awkward, "please follow me, your table is this way."

Sheene nodded and followed the host through the sea of tables. Kevin could not believe that he was actually in a place like this. Everybody looked so rich and so perfect, far from what he was considered to be. Even with his newfound inheritance of cash from Shadow, this seemed like a real trip. He couldn't help but wonder if he was even in the right place, though the host did identify him. It wasn't long until he saw David Hardy munching on a piece of bread. He was wearing a very expensive looking suit, which is much different from the usual stuff he wore. The host sat Kevin at the table and left him with a menu before returning to the front of the restaurant.

Kevin grumbled slightly, "I wish you would have told me what kind of attire I needed for this place."

Hardy smirked, "Oh don't you worry about that. I gave our pleasant host a healthy tip."

With those words, Hardy tossed a large wad of hundred dollar bills onto the table. Even with his recent fortune, Sheene was impressed by the amount of bills folded in the money clip.

"You usually carry that much cash around with you?" Sheene blinked.

Hardy shrugged, "Only when I have to... but I just happened to find this in my hands so I figured why not make good use of it. Plus, I believe our earlier meal plans were nixed by Shadow, right?"

Sheene nodded, "I guess so. It must be cool to be able to afford a place like this all the time."

Hardy grinned, "Welcome to the rich, Kev."

"And I thought the world was strange before..." Kevin laughed slightly.

Hardy shook his head, "You haven't seen the half of..."

Hardy's voice trailed off as he looked at someone approaching the two of them. Sheene raised an eyebrow in curiosity before he held a hand slap down on his shoulder heavily.

"Howdy, partner..." said the person.

The two of them looked up to see Acolyte standing over them. The New Hellfire Club member had an upset look on his face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Hardy asked.

"Cram it, boy toy," snapped Acolyte.

"So you're stalking me now?" Sheene rolled his eyes.

Acolyte shook his head, "I'm just looking for the lost and found... and I believe you have something of mine."

Sheene grumbled, "Are you still whining about the money?"

"I don't know what's going on, but it seems you've been sucking up to these Infinity assholes just to get that money yourself," Acolyte growled, "but we both know it's rightfully mine."

Hardy stood up and stared at Acolyte, "I believe that decision is up to Shadow and not you..."

"This doesn't concern you, punk!" Acolyte shouted.

"Pardon me, sir," said the host, who was now behind Acolyte, "but your attire is not dress code and you are disturbing the other guests so I must ask you to leave..."

"When I'm done!" said Acolyte.

Acolyte grabbed the host and shoved him away. The host stumbled backwards before falling... right into someone's arms.

The host looked up only to see the scruffy face of TCW superstar, Highone!

Highone raised an eyebrow, "I didn't know this was full contact dinning..."

"Oh great..." Acolyte muttered, "Another one."

"I think it's time for you to leave," said Sheene, who stood up and looked at Acolyte dead in the face.

Highone looked at Hardy, "when you said you wanted me to come here for dinner, I didn't expect to find you hanging out with our opponents."

"Give me my money, and I'll gladly leave," Acolyte responded to Kevin.

Hardy shrugged, "Just having a meal with a friend... then this assclowns showed up."

"That money was given to me, Aco..." Kevin muttered, "I didn't ask for it, but the fact remains that it's mine."

Highone stepped towards Acolyte, "so what the hell are you doing here?"

Acolyte glared at Highone, "this guy owes me money."

"Look," Hardy shouted, "Just take this and get the hell out of here!"

Hardy picked up the wad of hundreds from the table and held it towards Acolyte. Highone raised an eyebrow as he saw the familiar money clip being held towards the NHFC member. Acolyte grabbed the money, flipped through it and tossed the bills into the air.

"I don't care about petty hundreds!" Acolyte raged, "I want the 300K!"

Highone looked at Hardy, "Where'd you get that money from?"

Acolyte grabbed sheen by the collar, "Now give it before I get upset."

Sheene narrowed his eyes and clenched his fist, "I'm going to ask you one last time. Please leave..."

David Hardy's Title History:

411Fed 2004 Tag-Team Turmoil Winner (RoXoRz) 8/15/04
411Fed Tag Team Champion (RoXoRz) 11/24/04 - 3/2/05
411Fed Intercontinental Champion 3/2/05 - 6/6/05 (Merged with ECF Transcontinental Title)
411Fed/ECF Transcontinental Champion 6/6/05 - 11/28/05
TCW Aftershock Champion 3/6/07 - 5/2/08

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:36 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Mid Carder

(The situation was getting tense. Sheene and Acolyte were now dangerously close to blows, and it seemed as if the Roxorz could not do anything to stop it.)

Kevin Sheene: Leave or else I'm going to forget where we are and what we're going to be soon and punch your lights out!

David Hardy: (Frowns and steps in front of Sheene) And you'll need to go through me too!

Kevin Sheene: (To Hardy) Stay out of this please....it's between him and me....not a nose poker like you....

David Hardy: What?!?! You fucking....

Highone: Where did you get the money David?

David Hardy: I'll explain later man, right now we gotta stop these two from...

Acolyte: From what? Me kicking his ass while he cries like a bitch?

Kevin Sheene: I think you have that backwards friend!

(A grey suited man came charging over to the scene, presumably the owner of the restaurant. He spoke with fluster in his voice and anger in his eyes as he looked to all four men.)

Owner: I hear you all the way from the kitchen you hooligans! I'm very close to asking all four of you to leave!

Acolyte: I'm not leaving until I get my money!

David Hardy: I'm not leaving until I eat something!

Highone: I'm not leaving till you tell me where that money's from!

Shadow: (V.O) But Mr. Sheene will gladly leave....won't you Kevin?

(All eyes turned to the entrance of the restaurant. It was Shadow again, Yu on his left, Ai on his right. Even from his seated position in that wheelchair, and from so many feet away, Sheene could tell it was him. The owner slowly trudged over to Shadow and motioned to the girls.)

Owner: Who are these women?!?! Why do they have samurai swords! I demand some answer....

Shadow: (Cuts the owner off) We're all leaving.....don't worry.....I know of another....cheaper....restaurant to eat.....Kevin.....would you be so kind as to join me?

Kevin Sheene: (A pause, slowly, he nods) Yes.....Yes I will..... (To Hardy and Highone, as politely as possible) Good luck at Friction.... (To Acolyte) See you.....partner.... (He said partner in a particular annoyed, acidic tone of voice, then began to walk off.)

Acolyte: (Frowns) As soon as this tag match is over, I challenge you to a one on one!

Kevin Sheene: (As he goes) Fine by me.....

(Hardy and Highone also slowly began to go off, presumably to have their own argument about the money Hardy had. As Acolyte watched Kevin go with Yu, Ai, and Shadow, his eyes narrowed, and he spoke with a venomous tone himself in his voice)

Acolyte: I'm gonna take what's rightfully mine from you.....freak.....

(Fin)

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:46 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]