[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Apeirophobia: Freya vs Stephen Hawthorne
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:08 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Apeirophobia: Freya vs Stephen Hawthorne 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Apeirophobia: Freya vs Stephen Hawthorne
<center>

</center>

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:45 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World Champ

"I guess he'll be alright then." Freya didn't sound as sure as her stable mate did, but he knew Darkness better than her. Misfit attacked the punch bag again, and Freya looked around now feeling a bit awkward.

"Toots?"

Freya and Misfit turned and saw Hawthorne in the doorway. He nodded at Misfit, who returned it after a moment's pause.

"I'll be there in a sec." Freya called over to him, and Hawthorne retreated into the corridor. She walked towards Misfit and put a hand on his arm. "If you want to talk, hang out, escape from Darkness," she gave him a small smile, "just give us a bell."

"The pair of you?"

"Doesn't matter," Freya shrugged, "I think we all need to talk more, actually get to know our stable mates."

"Alright," Misfit shrugged in a non-committal way.

"Ok, catch you later." Freya hurried out of the gym after her tag partner. Misfit watched her go, and as the door swung shut, returned to the punch bag.

"Is everything alright?" Stephen looked down at his tag partner.

"I dunno... it's difficult at the minute, you know?" She met Stephen's eyes. "I just feel bad that you're sort of stuck on the outside, part of the group, but not."

"I feel bad for Dante too."

"I know. I'm sorry, it came out wrong."

He narrowed his eyes slightly, Freya didn't just say ‘sorry', she was really taking the Dante thing hard.

"Want to go see if the pay per view fixtures are up?"

"Sure," Freya bumped her shoulder against his playfully, "lets see whose arse we're kicking this time."

The pair headed to the main notice board. They spotted the ‘Apeirophobia' poster from across the lobby.

"So this is what all the fuss was about?" Freya ran her finger down the list, "JE and Kermit... PD and Duo.... I see a pattern forming."

"Really?" Hawthorne looked hard at where Freya's finger had stopped. "Infinity's idea of a joke?"

Freya shrugged. "Maybe, doesn't really matter. We can spend the week in Ireland not worrying about weird opponents, beat downs or crap like that, have a decent match, shake hands at the end of it and get on with our lives."

"Just another day at work?"

"Not quite... inferno match."

"We have to set each other alight?"

"No, only the loser has to get set alight."

They looked at each other.

"Rock/paper/scissors for it?" Freya joked.

"I can't set you alight."

"Why not?"

"Because...because you're..."

"You pig!"

"Hey now," Stephen raised his hands defensively.

"Just because I'm a woman you think I need defending."

"I meant because you're my tag partner."

Freya narrowed her eyes. "Sure you did." Without speaking, the pair started towards the main door. "You should be more worried about yourself," she continued, "it looks like you'll be getting your trial by fire, by fire."

"My what?"

Freya waved one of the hackney cabs over, and the pair got in before Freya explained. "The NHFC have this thing called ‘trial by fire' where new members face a current member before they join."

"But I am a member."

"I know, it's not an official thing, it just kinda happens."

"Right..."

"Yeah, see Acolyte fought Darkness, then Darkness fought Dante at Endgame. Then Darkness went and found Misfit and had a match with him. Then it was me against Aco before I joined. It's just kind of a tradition. I kinda like it."

"It beats beating up a load of people at the end of a show."

Freya giggled. "Yeah."

The pair lapsed into silence. They got back to their hotel, Freya sorted the taxi out, and they were almost at their rooms before they spoke.

"Are you alright with the early flight?"

Stephen looked slightly surprised; he'd been lost in his own thoughts. "Yeah, fine. Don't you want to stay in England for a bit longer? This is where you're from, right?"

"The sooner we get off this godforsaken island the better."

He raised an eyebrow. "Did you ever return that phone call?"

"No..."

"You never told me who it was from," he observed.

"Mrs. Green? Take a wild guess."

"Huh. Don't get on with your folks then?"

"That's one way of putting it." They'd reached Freya's room. "Guess I'll see you bright and early. Night."

"Ok, night." Hawthorne waited until Freya's door shut before sauntering down the corridor.

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:40 am
Profile E-mail
Mid Carder

"Guess I'll see you bright and early. Night."

(Words from not only a tag team partner and possible future co-champion...but for the time being now....a future opponent. Yes, at the next PPV, DeadZone....well....Stephen Hawthorne now....would be taking on his tag partner Freya. It was obviously a ploy by Infinity to split them apart, either to keep NHFC from getting stronger, or to get revenge for Freya and Stephen winning the Tag Team Turmoil. Either way, here it was, an Inferno match between he and Freya. Though in a way, it really wasn't that shocking or that odd to think about. Slowly, there came a knock on Stephen's door, jarring him from his thoughts)

Stephen Hawthorne: Come in...

Hotel Clerk: (Opens the door and sticks his head in) Mr. Hawthorne? The bus is ready to leave for the airport....for you and you're wrestling friends...

(He nodded, zipped up his suitcase, and left the room. Yeah, it truly wasn't that far fetched that he and Freya were going to be locking horns. Heck, It was just a few months ago when he and Freya were butting heads over her locket, and he was challenging for her Bleeder title down the road. But now there was no title, now the two were friends, now the locket pretty much was persona non grata....now the situation was much different. It wasn't just different for the two of them of course, it was much different for Stephen as well...given the, circumstances that had happened to him about half a week ago.)

Fan: (Off-screen, to Stephen as he walks through the lobby) Go get them in Ireland Hawthorne!

Stephen Hawthorne: (His mind elsewhere, he simply waves this off) Thank you....

(It had been a long time since he had heard that name, his real name. Up until recently, he had those....other memories, that other life...but now....now things were all clear to him now. He still couldn't quite get over just what his real purpose was, how he really came to be where he was now. Even now, he would lay in bed for longer then usual, just staring up at the ceiling, wondering just what was going to happen next in his life with the people he was now associated with, the New Hellfire Club. Even more so, ever since his "change", he began to notice the little things that were different about him. His thoughts seemed more clearer then they were when he was DeadZone, his "1940's routine", his confusion over modern things/his use of 1940's slang/etc, was slowly but surely disappearing (well, the confusion, he knew for sure, was long gone, but the slang seemed to creep in and out of his speech, though it wasn't a dominant, 24/7 thing like it was before the change). Onto the bus he now went, taking a seat next to a somewhat tired looking, though smiling Freya. He nodded to her in greeting, she nodded back.)

Freya: Hey...

Stephen Hawthorne: Hey kid....

Freya: Tired enough? (Chuckles)

Stephen Hawthorne: I've been through worse, believe me...

(A silence came over the two of them, lasting for about a minute or so. Finally, Freya patted Stephen's shoulder twice, then spoke.)

Freya: I didn't mean to snap at you the other day like I did...

Stephen Hawthorne: Eh, I already forgot about it...

Freya: I mean it....Yelling at you, even if it was brief, was stupid to do....You didn't want to hurt me because you're my friend and partner, and I respect that...

Stephen Hawthorne: (Finally smiling, though like Freya, it is a somewhat tired smile) Well thank you toots....thanks a lot....

(Freya smiled again, then, her face got serious, as if she wanted to get down to some kind of business)

Freya: But along with that, we really need to talk about Infinity...

Stephen Hawthorne: What's there to really talk about? They want to create tension between us and split us up.....we just do this match, then shake hands like you said, and it's over with...

Freya: Yeah, but the more I think about it, the more that won't be so easy...

Stephen Hawthorne: How so?

Freya: Well....Think about it....this is an "Inferno Match"....the loser is pretty much set on fire.....

Stephen Hawthorne: And it'll be pretty hard to shake hands with a person when you're suffering from second and third degree burns...

Freya: Exactly...

Stephen Hawthorne: Another thing Infinity probably thought of when they made this match....I bet they assumed even if we had no tensions coming into the match, post match, when one of us was hurt and burnt, that would be the spark that broke us up...

Freya: Sneaky sons of bitches aren't they?

Stephen Hawthorne: I'll say they are.... (A pause) You think we could try and talk to Miss. Stern and get the stips changed?

Freya: (Shakes her head) Infinity would cry foul in an instant.....and it *is* their PPV we're fighting at....

Stephen Hawthorne: Then what do you suggest we do?

Freya: (Yawns) For now....I suggest we get some sleep, both here and on the plane....once we get to Ireland, we'll talk strategy.....

Stephen Hawthorne: I'd still like to get this stip changed....maybe we could challenge two Infinity members to a house show match or something....if we win, we make it a regular match...

Freya: Stephen... (Puts her hand on his) It's a smart idea....but it won't work....Infinity would never have it....Let's just worry about things when we get to Ireland.....ok?

Stephen Hawthorne: (Sighs and nods) Ok...

(With that, Freya smiled again, then snuggled into her seat to catch a nap before they got to the airport. Ah, but Stephen, again would not be getting any sleep. He would be thinking now about Infinity and their plans to try and bring Freya and he apart, along with the several other things that were flooding his mind at the present moment.)

(To Be Continued)

Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:11 pm
World Champ

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Mid Carder

"Are you going to be alright? I know this is a lot to handle..."

(Quite an understatement this was coming from Freya. At some point, Hawthorne *did* get the feeling that there was something "different" about the NHFC ever since Freya, then he joined. But now, now these feelings were quite confirmed. That, coupled with all of the new feelings that Hawthorne was feeling, the events, the places, the faces, were leaving Hawthorne more thinking about his life, rather then Freya, the NHFC, Infinity, or this PPV. He had felt that way ever since the two or so days had past from when the fed had gotten to Ireland, settled into their hotel, and were now awaiting this PPV.)

"Are you going to be alright? I know this is a lot to handle..."

(It was a Tuesday now, and, unbelievable as it seemed, that same sentence was still floating through Hawthorne's head. While a part of him really didn't (and shouldn't) feel that surprised that Freya was what she said she was (given the events that had happened to him before their three team tag team match, he, at the same time, felt as if he was going to be getting himself into an even weirder, and possibly more dangerous situation with the NHFC). Now granted, he wasn't looking to get away from them, heck, he was ready and willing to be loyal to them, as his bond with Freya was now emulating into the NHFC, but at the same time, he was very cautious and, yes, a bit scared, as to what would be coming next. It was these thoughts that kept him from sipping his beer at the local pub down the street from the hotel, these thoughts that kept him silent and somewhat separated from the other people around him, and these thoughts that didn't make him notice the two figures that were behind him, watching and waiting)

Voice: Well, look who we have here....Mr. Humphrey Bogart....

Stephen Hawthorne: Huh? Who's that?

(Turning around, Hawthrorne locked eyes upon two people he really didn't feel like looking at or speaking too, and with good reason, as there was probably bad blood between them ever since Hawthorne and Freya had beaten them a few shows before.)

Highone: Oh, but then again, you apparently have changed now ever since Havoc....you're not DeadZone any longer right? You're just a freak like the rest of the New Hell Fire Club....

(Automatically, Hawthorne frowned and stood up, more to face Highone, who seemed to be the talker of the team this time around.)

Highone: Oh, what are you gonna do huh?

Stephen Hawthorne: What do you think punk?!? I'm gonna re-arrange your face, that's what!

Highone: (Smirks, then pats Hawthorne on the shoulder) You *do* know your speaking to the guy in the group that runs this current Pay Per View, right? I don't think you suddenly want your match with Freya to have.....more surprising.....and dangerous....stipulations.....now do you?

Stephen Hawthorne: (Un-phased, he goes nose to nose with Highone) Freya and I are onto Infinity's little plan you know....

Highone: Mmmm, and what plan would that be huh?

Stephen Hawthorne: What do you take me for huh? You just automatically assume that me and Freya will get too into this match and break up because of it....

Highone: Hmmmph, and here I thought you were some insane, 1940's obsessed moron....but no.... (A somewhat mocking tone) You're far too smart for us....isn't he David? (Hardy nodded, then, Highone turned his attention back to Hawthorne) Let me ask you a serious question...."Stephen"....and be honest....

Stephen Hawthorne: (Cautiously) Make it quick....

Highone: Do you *really* think Freya gives a flying fuck about you?

Stephen Hawthorne: What's that supposed to mean?

Highone: Think about it....when you two were first made tag partners in that Tag Team Turmoil.....she couldn't stand you....and vise versa....you two were going tit-for-tat, mostly over that locket of hers....whatever the hell it is....

Stephen Hawthorne: But that part of our association is over now....we're partners *and* friends now....have been ever since we beat the two of you....fair and square I must say...

(Hawthorne felt himself smirk, as he could tell his last comment stung Highone particularly hard, as Highone frowned and balled his left hand into a fist.)

Highone: (Exhaling twice, then regaining his patience) Consider it me feeling bad for you after I totally embarrassed you in our one on one match....

Stephen Hawthorne: A likely story.....so, go on with whatever crap you have to spill out mack, before I lose all of my patience....

Highone: That "crap" is simply this.....Freya joined the Hellfire Club first....and given the two of you were pretty much at odds with each other.....and how you only *just* managed to get to the same page.....wouldn't it stand for you to wonder just what Freya has in mind for your match? Or the possibility that she's bull shitting you, and once that bell rings, she'll forget your partnership, remember your past tiffs, and burn your ass back to where you came from?

Stephen Hawthorne: Are you really gonna think with a straight face that I'm gonna believe this psychology baloney you're pulling on me?

Freya: (V.O, from behind Highone) Because if you are Highone....you've greatly under-estimated my partner....

(To be continued)

Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:56 pm
World Champ

"Is that right?" Hardy sneered squaring up behind Highone.

"Yeah." Freya replied, pulling herself up to her full height. Such as it was.

"You're not going to do anything to us," Highone said.

"No, no we're not," Freya stepped towards Highone. "Do you know why?"

"No, but I'm sure you're going to tell me."

"We're not going to touch you because we're going to watch Jason turn you into a smear across that ring come Apeirophobia." Freya pushed Highone's chest but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Highone laughed. "Look at you, you finally get yourself some friends and you start acting all tough." He turned to walk away, putting his hand on Hardy's shoulder. Before he even took a step he spun ‘round quickly, backhanding Freya.

The sound of the slap reverberated in the narrow alley. Freya recoiled but recovered quickly. Hawthorne stepped forward to defend his partner, but stopped when Freya raised a hand. She moved close to Highone so they were almost nose-to-nose.

"You had better hope Dante turns you into a smear," she said in low voice, "because next time I get my hands on you I'm going to tear you limb...from...limb."

She pulled back and walked away, Hawthorne following her as she passed.

"What the hell was that?" he hissed.

"I couldn't help it, the guy's a jackass, and...well..."

"Well what? That wasn't like you, and they're not going to let that just slide."

Freya shrugged. "I can't help it, you're just gonna have to get used to it. I'll be more normal in a day or so."

"Is this a..." Hawthorne paused, "Is this a werewolf thing?" The word ‘werewolf' sounded strange coming from him, like he'd said it for the first time.

Freya's other cheek turned as red as the one Highone had slapped. "Sort of. You know how the tides change, when it's a full moon the in tides are more in, the out tides are more out. I feel more..."

"More...what?"

"That's kind of it, I just feel more; the sounds, the smells. The slightest breeze gives me goose bumps. I was annoyed and that's what happens."

"Does it hurt?" Hawthorne motioned towards her cheek.

"What? Oh, that." Freya touched her cheek which had gone pale again. "Nah, Highone hits like a girl."

Hawthorne chuckled. "So what are we going to do today?"

"Whatever you fancy; see some of the sights, go for a drive, whatever."

Hawthorne shrugged. "Whatever you want."

Freya looked about them. They weren't on one of the main streets, but not the dingiest of back routes either. There were shops scattered, antique shops, record shops, and a couple of ‘alternative' clothes shops all selling the same things. Freya saw what she wanted further down the road.

"That's what I want." Freya pointed at a small building slightly set back.

"You want a tattoo?"

"Don't you?" Freya crossed the street without looking. Horns blared. Hawthorne waited until the traffic had cleared before catching her up.

"What did you want to get?" He asked, finding Freya examining pictures in the window.

"My chess piece."

Hawthorne paused. "What?"

"You have seen the tattoos, right? The NHFC all have one."

"Wait... so I'm going to have to get one?"

"That's why we're here." Freya pushed open the door. "You coming, mac?"

"Er...Right behind you, toots. I guess."

It was dark and raining when the pair exited the tattoo place. Freya held her jacket in one hand, a patch of gauze on her right shoulder. She stood still on the pavement, her face held up to the sky for the rain to fall on. She inhaled deeply and smiled.

"You're going to catch cold," Hawthorne remarked, shifting uncomfortably in his trench coat. He adjusted his collar to stop the rain from dripping down his neck.

"Hmm?" Freya opened her eyes.

"He said to keep the gauze dry."

Freya reached over her shoulder and pulled off the white square revealing a black queen chess piece.

"It looks..."

"Healed? Yeah, another befit to being...other." She looked back up at the sky. Hawthorne watched his partner and her strange behaviour. He felt awkward; passers-by were looking at him and Freya.

"When you're ready," he said shortly.

She looked at him with a smirk. "Fine, I'm done."

"We should get out of this weather." Hawthorne started walking back to their hotel. The road was badly lit, and one of the streetlights flickered further down the road.

The pair were quiet, the air was thick, heavy, oppressive. Behind them a light flickered out unnoticed. And then another. A third one, this time in front of them, attracted their attention.

"That's odd," Hawthorne commented, not slowing down.

Freya looked behind them and saw the darkness. "I think we should get out of here." As she spoke another light went, leaving just one street lamp on, the one just in front of them.

"This isn't good, is it?" Hawthorne asked in a hushed tone.

Freya opened her mouth to reply when a shadow stepped out of an alley into the light. The down lighting didn't do this creature any favours, its decaying flesh looked worse in the deep shadows. Freya looked about again. She saw shapes in the shadows.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Mid Carder

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:23 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]