View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Apeirophobia: DeSean Blackwell vs Matt Strikmore 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Apeirophobia: DeSean Blackwell vs Matt Strikmore
<center>

</center>

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:44 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Too much time on my hands

*The day's light starts to fade, and the roads of Belfast starting to crowd with people hoping for a quick drive home. Their heated homes. Matt continually glances to the empty car seat beside him, reading the directions given to him for some radio station he's supposed to appear at. The TCW offices seem to be doing a full court press on promoting the PPV. He was barely conscious from DeSean's attack when he was handed an envelope with all the media contacts he was to make. He had to argue for time for a shower before being shipped out on a plane. To make things all the more spectacular, all his rental car seem to be capable of was blowing ice cold air out of the vents. Of course, all it took was a glimpse in the rear view mirror at his bag lying in the backseat to raise the temperature of his blood a few degrees. His bag was noticeably lighter this leg of the trip, withDeSean having taken his TC Title. Matt puts his eyes back on the road and shifts into the next gear, just wanting to get this over with. He pulls a hard right when he sees the station's broadcast letters on a tower, his car shuddering at the motion.*

*The car pulls to a halt in the parking lot, the engine cutting off. Matt sits in the car, unmoving, trying to get the will to trudge in there and play the part of a company man. He hasn't done much of this promotional stuff, and this is actually his first time flying solo. He tries to put his words in place, but all he can seem to do is watch his warm breath hit the cold air. His breath. His life. That's what he gave up a little of to pull that title down from the cable, to earn it. And DeSean just plain took it. He doesn't feel cold anymore. Matt throws the door open and is quick to pull the hood of his sweatshirt up over his head. He feels the wind bite at his bare skin as he runs for the studio's door, hoping that the heat is working. He practically jumps into the lobby, the door shutting hard and loud behind him. It's a small station. He's practically standing in the DJ booth already, and theshows host waves at him as he comes in. Matt raises his right hand weakly in reply, still running in place and rubbing his chest to get warm. A young intern appears from behind a corner, extending her hand from beneath a very long sleeved sweater. Matt squeezes his hand a few times to get some flexibility and extends his in return.*

Matt: Hi. Matt Strikmore. I think I may be late...

Mandy: Don't worry about it, Matt. I'm Mandy. Can I show you place for your coat?

Matt: No thanks. I think I'd rather keep it on for the moment. I feel like my body is like twenty degrees.

*The two share a nervous laugh, followed by silence.*

Matt: I'm not really sure what that is in Celsius.

Mandy: Don't worry, it still made sense. So, are you ready to get started?

Matt: No time like the present. I'd love something hot to drink though.

Mandy: Coffee ok?

Matt: Lord yes. Black, please.

Mandy: Alright, will do. Why don't you go ahead on in with Jake. I'll bring it to you in a few minutes.

*Matt nods and dabs at his nose, which is now starting to thaw out. Jake waves him into the booth, and Matt sticks his head in the door like he just got summoned to the principle's office. Jake gestures to a seat across from him as he finishes up plugging the next segment. Matt takes off his coat, showing a black hoodie with a large picture of Captain America's shield, and sits down.*

Jake: I have a guest in the booth tonight. He is a TCW superstar. He is the Transcontinental Champion. He is Matt Strikmore, and he'll be in action this week. Some lucky caller is going to get a chance to win some tickets later on this week, so keep your ears tuned in. Matt, thanks for being here.

Matt: My pleasure, Jake.

Jake: So why don't you tell us about the show you guys are putting on here.

Matt: Well, we have a great card shaped up. There's going to be a lot of action, so I'm sure you'll find something you like, no matter what your tastes may be.

Jake: And what's this show called.

Matt: Augh. I knew you were gonna ask me that. I kept repeating it in the car, but it looks like my mind froze like everything else out there. Uh, I want to say Arachnophobia, but I know that's wrong. It's A-something-phobia. At any rate, it means Fear of Infinity.

Jake: It says here on my little cheat sheet that the show is called Apeirophobia.

Matt: That's the one. Boss is gonna kill me on that one. Can we edit it out?

Jake: Sorry buddy. That red light means we're live.

Matt: Dang.

Jake: It also says here that you just had a show last night, lost to Titanium Insomniac. I know that was a rematch I was looking forward to. What happened there?

Matt: Well, from what I've seen of the tape, he beat the hell out of me. But really, what it narrows down to is that he was the better man last night. I don't like the guy, but he beat me plain and simple. People seem to think I've got this big issue with losing, but I really don't. If you beat me clean, I've got no problem with you. Let's go grab a beer.

Jake: So suffice to say, what happened after the match was what was really upsetting.

Matt: Yeah. Yeah, that was.... that was a disappointment.

Jake: I figured you'd use a different word.

Matt: I probably did right after it happened.

*Mandy sneaks into the booth and hands Matt his coffee, the heat from the cup warming up his hands nearly instantly. Matt nods his thanks, and Jake decides to push the issue.*

Jake: You look like a guy that has something to say about the whole affair. Something I've noticed about you is that you seem to have a bit of an old school mentality. Someone stealing your title has to tear at you.

Matt: Yeah, yeah it does. Here's the thing. I liked DeSean. We got to know each other a bit during the Majestic Tourney. We were both in the finals, and I ended up eliminating him. And what happened next? We touched hands and nodded at each other. Professional respect. DeSean wanted a title shot so bad, why didn't he ask? That's all he had to do. It would have been a hell of a match. And if he came up the winner, I'd have no problem shaking his hand and handing over the belt. But for whatever reason, he went and did it the dirty way. Beating me down after a match and taking the belt.

Jake: So, are the officials in the kind of matter working on getting it back? Are you going to be waiting in a parking lot for him or something?

Matt: Nah. To be honest, I want him to keep the belt till our match.

Jake: Why?

Matt: I want him to get used to the weight. I want him to find just the right position to keep it on his shoulder. I want him to toy with the notches on the belt to see which one fits him best. Hell, he can go ahead and tape a name plate onto it. I want him to see exactly what it's like to have that belt. And why? Because I want him to know exactly what it feels like to not have it anymore, like he's making me feel.

Jake: Strong words from the champion, folks.

Matt: I'll do you one better, Jake. You can use this as your sound bite if you want. DeSean is going to submit in our match. Not because I want to prove I'm the better wrestler. And not because I don't want any doubt in people's minds who won. No, I'm going to make him submit because that means he's giving the belt back. I pin him? That's just me taking what's mine. Him tapping out? Saying he quits? That's him saying the belt is mine. That's him handing it back to me, it's rightful owner.

Jake: It sounds like something not to be missed. Be sure to come on out and watch it. Matt, I want to thank you for stopping by.

Matt: My pleasure. Good to get things off my chest.

*Matt shakes Jake's hand and grabs his coat as he heads through the door. Setting his coffee down, he slings his coat on over his arms. Mandy comes from around the corner, her coat on and fumbling with her car keys.*

Mandy: Done already?

Matt: Seems that way.

*The two share another silence. Matt reaches over and picks up his coffee, looking into the dark liquid.*

Matt: Thanks.

Mandy: Oh, it was nothing. We had some brewed already.

Matt: No, not that. Well, that too. Just, thanks for talking to me. I haven't had a normal conversation, no matter how short, in weeks.

Mandy: Well, you went to the right place. Radio. Talking is kind of what we do.

*Mandy lifts her left hand up, brushing her hair back out of her eyes. Matt can't help but see the large ring on her finger. Looking at her eyes, Matt knows she did it on purpose.*

Matt: Thanks for the coffee.

*Matt tosses his hood over his head, and pushes into the frigid air. And he's cold.*

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:10 am

The dammit comes from the fact that DeSean just attacked Strikmore from behind. TI shoves DeSean out of the way which causes the fans to cheer but instead TI joins in on the attack which makes the fans boo. They put the boots on the TC champion, then DeSean grabs Strikmore's head and hits the death drop.

Cain: Death Drop!

DeSean hovers over Strikmore and trash talks him he then picks up Strikmore and places between his legs, he lifts Strikmore up and lets him hang down, DeSean then drops down on his knees.

Banter: Hangman's DDT!

DeSean taunts the lying Matt Strikmore and grabs the TC title, he raises it in the air, he then slings it over his shoulder while the fans boo. He and TI both leave the ring leaving Matt hurt in the middle of the ring.

The footage of DeSean attacking Matt goes off and the camera cuts to DeSean Blackwell who's still holding the TC title across his shoulder. His sunglasses hide the dark circles around his eyes that came from the sleep deprivation that plagued him for weeks but now it was under control with the sleeping pills he was taking. The young 21 year old has an emotionless expression on his face. He doesn't move at all as he stares into the camera, it's obvious that there's a darker feel in this promo contrast to the sterile white walls that are in the background. DeSean paces back and forth before finally speaking.

DeSean: I stand here holding the TC title now if you didn't watch Havoc you're probably wondering why I'm holding the title. Did I beat Matt Strikmore? Yes I did. Did I beat him one two three in the middle of the ring? No I didn't. I took Matt Strikmore out after his loss to TI and I took his title. Now since that show I've been asked over and over again I even heard Strikmore on the radio today wonder the same thing. First off, I don't owe you people shit but I will explain myself.

Throughout my career I've been told to be patient "be patient DeSean" "you're still young" "you still have time" "you'll get your shot, you'll be a champion one day" Well you know what! I've been waiting, I've been patient! And it's done nothing! I've been screwed, I've been screwed and I've been underappreciated! Matt I respect you but let's be honest, I had to make a career decision, I had to get noticed, no more waiting from now on I'm just going to cut in line so to speak.

This belt may have your name on it but after Aperiophobia, fear of Infinity, I'll be the champion because I have the advantage, our match....will be Pure rules!
Matt turned off the podcast and shook his head, Pure rules? He was a disadvantage the belt can change hands on a DQ or count out which is something he didn't plan on doing anyway but he doesn't have the security blanket that other champions have had. After being handed a menu Strikmore pulled it up in front of his face, looking inside trying to make a decision. DeSean wanted to make an impact, well he'll get his chance at Aperiophobia and it'll be his only chance because DeSean was going to tap, Matt was going to make sure DeSean was going to submit.

Waitress: Excuse me sir, are you ready to order?

Matt broke out of his trance and laid the menu back down looking up at the waitress he apologized.

Matt: Oh, um I'm sorry I haven't made up my mind yet, I would like a coke though.

A little annoyed the waitress wrote it down on her pad as if she wasn't going to remember a simple order of Coca Cola. Matt watched as she walked away, the question was now what was next? He knew DeSean would stop at nothing to get into his head, to win their match. Unlike Darkness Matt didn't have some super secret, skeletons in his closet that haunted him besides his condition which he didn't think DeSean knew about or even cared enough to look into. He hoped that the beatdown would be the end of the sneak attacks and he hoped that their feud consisted of just promos and on screen angles but he knew that wasn't going to happen even especially with DeSean and boy couldn't he be more right. Matt picked up the menu and looked at it again there was so much to choose from.

"I like the 12 oz rib eye myself"

Matt slowly put down the menu he recognized the voice but he couldn't believe it was that person or he didn't want to believe. Standing before him was the woman that stood by his opponent' side for two years, even a thick white coat and jeans couldn't hide her curves and other assets.

Matt: Tiffany...great

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:27 am
Profile E-mail

*Matt closes his eyes and lets a long breath leak out of his mouth. Folding up his menu and laying it reservedly on the table, Matt rests his fingers tips on his temples. Speaking slowly and deliberately at Tiffany, with his jaw slightly clinched, he starts to rattle off questions.*

Matt: You're Tiffany, right?

Tiffany: You know I am.

Matt: You used to be with DeSean?

Tiffany: For two years.

*That last line was spoken with a bit of venom.*

Matt: And right now, at this very moment, you just happen to show up at my table in Belfast?

Tiffany: I'd already been set up with tickets for this European tour. There's no chance I'm passing up a European vacation.

Matt: Fine. But this restaurant? It's a hole in the wall.

Tiffany: I like absorbing local color.

Matt: You like absorbing....ugh. Can we please speed this up? Just tell me the truth, because I swear, I won't care. I won't get mad or anything.

Tiffany: Fine.

*Tiffany tosses her hair over the back of her shoulder and places her purse on the far end of the booth, sliding in across from Matt. She pulls the menu from across the table and flips it open, tapping on the laminated offerings with a well manicured fingernail. Matt waits patiently, but eyes the watch on her wrist closely. The waitress practically drops the Coke on the table, and glares at Matt with her pencil already pressed against her pad of paper. Tiffany makes no impression that she'll be speaking any time soon. The second hand of Tiffany's watch his the twelve, and Matt reaches for this wallet.*

Matt: Check please.

Tiffany: Alright, alright! I'll have the rib-eye. Medium well.

Matt: New York strip for me, please. Rare.

*The waitress takes the order and is gone in seconds, a sign of annoyance rather than good service. Tiffany puts away the menu and faces Matt with a look that she probably uses to get her way, when coupled with a few choice compliments.*

Tiffany: Rare, huh? Cold in the center and blood flowing freely? How... animalistic. I like that. Shows drive. Aggression.

Matt: Look, I really don't mean to be rude or anything, but I'm not in the mood for games or small talk or whatever it is you're trying to do with that low-cut top. I'm tired of having to say I don't understand a new language every week. I'm tired of having nothing but media visits and photo ops. I just want to go home, and next week, I get to fly back to my side of the Atlantic. Quite frankly, I'm fine with sitting in my hotel room until I have to go out and beat your ex to get my carry on luggage back. So if you're not going to play straight with me, I'll ditch on this meal and stick you with the bill.

Tiffany: What if I didn't have any money?

Matt: Then I'd tell you start talking, because I don't think those nails are gonna hold up too well in dishwater.

Tiffany: Fine.

*And just like that, her demeanor changes. The booth with a need for a wipe down has turned into a business table, and Matt is looking across it at a woman who knows what she wants, and is used to getting it.*

Tiffany: The truth is, you drive DeSean crazy. You have since you started getting talked about like you were some kind of superstar. You got the attention that he wanted, or if you ask me, he needed. So I decided I needed to have a look for myself.

Matt: And?

Tiffany: And I like what I see. You know what split he and I up?

Matt: Afraid I let my subscription to Wrestling Observer lapse.

Tiffany: It was alot of things. Sure, there was something that pulled the trigger on it all, but that was just one thing of many. But one of them is just how crazy he could get. I hated being pulled into that. I hated seeing that from the inside. But now? Now I have a front row seat for it all. So I wanted to see this Matt Strikmore that drove him nuts. I want to know what you're going to do to him to make sure I have something good to look at.

Matt: What am I going to do to DeSean? Make him give up and give my belt back. Nothing more, nothing less. You want someone who plays head games, go find Infinity.

Tiffany: Well that's just not good enough.

*The server shows up with their meals, setting them down on the table. She gets the receivers wrong, and Matt slides the two plates around. Matt gets half a bite into his steak when the doors open up and small camera crew comes in. With a camera resting on his table, and a microphone shoved in his face, he gets bombarded with questions. Tiffany deftly steps to the side, unseen by the cameras.*

Reporter: Matt! Matt! Have you heard DeSean's latest comments? Any response?

Matt: I'm in the middle of eating here, guys.

Reporter: Just a quick interview, then we'll leave, I promise.

Matt: Fine. Fine. DeSean is lying to himself. He respects me? The hell he does. You don't jump someone you respect. It's pretty much the most disrespectful thing a person can do in this sport. And the whole bit about cutting in line? He never even got in line. He never once asked me for a shot. I'd have given it to him, no problem.

Reporter: Anything else to add?

Matt: No, I've got nothing new to say. He's going to tap. He's going to give me back my belt. And I'll have beaten him not once, but twice, in a Pure rules match.

Tiffany: That's right!

*Tiffany, who has since taken off her long coat to show off her assets in a low cut top and what appear to be poured on jeans, slides into the shot, sitting next to Matt and hooking his arm in hers. She presses up against him, her scent filling his nostrils. She looks into the camera with a sultry look.*

Tiffany: My man, Matt Strikmore, is going to show DeSean just what it means to be a champion. DeSean, Matt is everything you ever wanted to be. Strong. Smart. Successful. And when he does beat you, I'm going to show him what you've been missing. Isn't that right, baby?

*With that, Tiffany grabs Matt's head with both hands and kisses him hard. Matt can't even react in time before the reporter tells the camera man to cut. Matt pushes her off and just stares at here with a look of sheer confusion.*

Matt: What the hell?! Hey, camera guy, get back here.

Reporter: No chance, champ. This is going to go great!

*The reporters are already out the door, with Tiffany sliding out of the booth, and back onto her side of the table. Matt's jaw is still hanging open, his hands held out trying to figure out what just happened. He turns his attention to Tiffany.*

Matt: Why did you do that?!

Tiffany: I told you. You don't want to play mind games with DeSean? That means you're denying me what I want. So that left me to do things myself. And darling, you better believe that a woman that's been around this business like I have knows how to drive a man out of his mind. You two are only getting things started, I'll see to that.

*With that, she stops talking and starts in on her dinner. All Matt can do is stare, still recovering from what just happened. So much for a quiet week in his hotel room.*

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:01 pm

Matt ate his food but didn't enjoy it, he spun his fork around in the rare cooked steak and watched as the blood poured out, using his knife he cut a piece off and popped it in his mouth. He stared at Tiffany the whole time while chewing letting it known through his demeanor that he didn't agree with what was going on. Tiffany smiled back as she torn into her rib eye, ripping it apart aggressively and methodically. She then popped the piece of meat in her mouth and slowly chewed, enjoying every minute of the taste she was one of those girls who made eating a simple dinner sexy, he then watched as she took the piece out of her mouth and put it in between her teeth ripping apart the piece of meat and laying it on her plate.

Tiffany: You like what you see?

Matt: No just wondering how many guys hearts have you ripped out like that?

Tiffany: Only one and he did it to me first, that's why I'm helping you.

Matt: Not that I care but you were with DeSean for two years, you don't stay with someone for two years for nothing especially you, that relationship couldn't have been bad.

Tiffany: To be honest the relationship was pretty damn good until the end it's a long story

Matt: And I don't care to hear it, I have to go Tiffany.

Matt stood up and pulled out his wallet putting the money on the table

Matt: This should be enough

Tiffany: Wait I'll go with you

Matt ignored Tiffany and left the restaurant, Tiffany quickly caught up with him nearly tripping over her own feet but Matt caught her before she could fall on the hard concrete.

Tiffany: Aww you do care about me

Matt: It's not that, I don't want you to look like a fool who the hell told you to wear hells anyway?

Tiffany: I'm wearing boots

Matt: With 6 inch heels on wet pavement

Tiffany: Hey this isn't about me; this is about you and DeSean

Matt: Yea and I would like to get back to think about my match; so far you've been no help.

Tiffany: You won't let me help you

Matt: I don't need it that's why

Tiffany: You do need it

Matt: I've beaten him before in a pure rules match

Tiffany: Totally different circumstance this time it's one on one and trust me the rules won't be the only thing against you.

Matt: Whatever it is I can handle it

A little annoyed at Matt not accepting her help, Tiffany shook her head and stood in front of Matt blocking his path.

Tiffany: look whether you like it or not and I doubt you really hated it, I kissed you live on the air. DeSean is going to see that and trust me he won't like it, he's going to be pissed to say the least. You might as well let me help with you, I'm not leaving your sight, and I'm going to be with you until your match. So you might as well use me to your advantage.

Matt stood there hand on his hip, he rubbed his hand through his hair and nodded his head still feeling a little skeptical about the whole idea.

Matt: Fine you can help me, I'm not sure how but you can help me.

Tiffany: You're just like him you're both so fucking dense.

Matt: I'm nothing like him

Tiffany: Exactly that's why you need me, I can tell you exactly what DeSean will do, how he thinks, what exactly makes him tick. In order to defeat your opponent you have to start thinking like him. You and DeSean are like doppelgangers, you're both similar but very different, I've never seen anything like it before. Matt if you listen to me I promise you won't regret it.

DeSean sat on his bed typing on his laptop for his Myspace blog; he figured it was something that he would start to do to connect with what little fans he has. Hell if some of those pricks in ROH had a myspace he was going to have one too.

In one week, I'm going to be facing Matt Strikmore for the Transcontinental title at Aperiophobia; right now I have a lot of thoughts running through my mind as the date nears. I'm not going to lie Matt's an hell of a competitor and I didn't lie when I said that I respected him with that being said I'm going to make sure that I win our match and then I'm going to make him a offer he can't refuse. ;) Also watch Friction every Wednesday on Fox at 8 PM and Havoc every Sunday on FX at 9 PM.

Ps: Dammit this is the real me!

DeSean closed his laptop and laid it on the dresser next to his bed; he turned on the TV and came across a recap show for TCW called Overload. A house show squash match was shown between Felipe Le Great and the Man in the Iron Mask and then it cut to Matt cutting a promo on DeSean then Tiffany coming out of nowhere and kissing him apparently showing an alliance between the two.

DeSean: Great the bitch is back

He couldn't believe that Matt would stoop so low to bring Tiffany back just to play mind games but then again DeSean did attack him from behind and stole his title so Matt did have a right to play mind games, it just showed how worried about their match. DeSean smirked and grabbed his cell phone, he scrolled down a list of names in his address book until he stopped on her name.

Matt: So tell me what's DeSean doing now?

Tiffany: Right now? I don't know listening to music probably or if he saw or heard about our little stunt.

Matt: Your little stunt

Tiffany: Fair enough, he's definitely thinking of some scheme to get back at us

Matt: Great now I have to look over my shoulder

Tiffany: Would you relax? You're going to have to trust me I can even tell what song he's listening to.

Matt: What's that?

Tiffany: Radiohead "Talk Show Host"

Matt: What?

Tiffany: You heard me, I guarantee it

Matt: You're full of it

I want to
I want to be someone else or I'll explode
Floating upon this surface for the birds
The birds
The birds

You want me?
Fucking, well come and find me
I'll be waiting
With a gun and a pack of sandwiches

And nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing

Radiohead played in the background as he hit the call button on his phone and waited as the phone rang on the other end

Jada: Hello?

DeSean: Hey Jada it's DeSean

Jada: Hey Baby

DeSean: Hey how would you like to be on TV with me?

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:54 am
Profile E-mail

*It's late. That's really all there is to describe it, with late being a relative term. Most people have already faced the decision to go to bed. To sleep or to head out once more into the cold for a warm drink and warm company. Matt still hasn't addressed the question of what he wants to do for lunch. Sitting nearly alone in the business center of the hotel he's staying at, a glimmer of Matt can be seen behind a pile of DVD cases. Nearly all the ceiling lights are out, with just a small flood lamp lighting the emergency exit. Just barely enough illumination for Matt to make his way to the bathroom and back. The floor around him is littered small bags of chips and candy, and whatever else Matt found in the vending machine down the hall. Laying across his lap is a dogeared, yellow note pad. Pages upon pages of notes and marks fill the pad. Matt sits, hunched over in his chair, his eyes glazed over and glued to the small television screen. It's a match of DeSean, probably one of his ROH matches from the look of it. Matt scribbles something down, not even looking at the page. There must be two dozen DVD cases, ranging from stuff he bought online to matches he was able to get from TCW's video library.*

*This is a part of Matt that most people don't know about. Yeah, he loves comic books. It's true that he's pretty much a klutz around new people. Perhaps he's overly trusting, leading too much with his chin and his heart. But above all that, he's a student of the game. Everyone assumed that luck played a large part in his winning of the Majestic Tourney. That he was just riding the momentum when he won the TC Title. And honestly, he's fine with everyone thinking that. He's fine being forgotten about, left alone to watch the hours and hours of tape of each person he's up against that week. If he's already fought that person before, he watches their tapes again. Twice. As such, this is about half way through his second run of DeSean's recordings. He must have watched the first segment of the Majestic Finals twenty times now. It was prime information. DeSean versus Strikmore in a pure rules setting. Sitting in front of him, tucked to the side of the DVD player, is a copy of the Pure rules. He's devoured it for days. Left to his own devices, he'd probably be here till the sun started to peak out. Of course, nothing has been easy this week.*

*Headphones on and tapping away on his notepad, Matt is completely clueless that someone has walked into the room with him.*

Matt (mumbling): ...then I saw her fa...... ow I'm a beliv....

Tiffany: Are you still here?!?

Matt: Gah!

*The notepad goes flying up into the air, the pages fanning out and floating for a moment before landing on Matt's head. One cup of his headphones has slid down to his jaw, and his pencil has snapped in half from his clenched fist.*

Matt: What is wrong with you?! I'm already eating a ton of junk food today. The last thing I need is a sudden spike in heart rate.

Tiffany: I do have that effect.

Matt: You've completely ignored my comment in order to twist it into a compliment, haven't you...

*Tiffany smiles for an instant, a variation of her eye rolling, and pulls up a seat next to Matt.*

Tiffany: What are you doing wasting your time? DeSean isn't in this room. We should be out there trying to get to him.

Matt: One. This is not a waste of time. This is my job. Two. I don't need to go find DeSean. I know right where he'll be. In the ring. I really have no desire to see him before that.

Tiffany: I thought we agreed tha-

Matt: No, Tiffany. We've never agreed. On anything. Maybe that's how you were with DeSean, but us? We have no relationship here. I paid for your dinner a few nights back because I'm a nice guy, but that's it. I understand that you have some issues with the guy, but it has nothing to do with me. Your beef is personal, mine is business.

*The two look at each other, Tiffany with fire and Matt with ice.*

Matt: We done?

*Tiffany remains silent, and after a few moments, Matt puts his headphones back on and starts to turn back towards the television.*

Tiffany: Just explain something to me.

*Matt slumps and groans, halting his spinning and swings his chair back to Tiffany. He slides the headphones off his ears and lets them rest around his neck.*

Matt: And then you leave me alone.

Tiffany: Fine. So explain to me this. You're someone who studies tape for days at a time.

Matt: Yes.

Tiffany: And here I am, someone who's been with your opponent for over two years, trying to help you beat him.

Matt: No, you're trying to get payback on DeSean, completely void any concern what happens to me.

Tiffany: You can watch tapes all day, but they won't tell you things I know.

Matt: Because the things you know are worthless!

Tiffany: Worthless?! Did you just call me worthless?!

Matt: To me, yeah! Yeah I did! I don't care how DeSean likes his steak! I don't care what music he listens too! I don't care who his top eight on MySpace are! I don't care if he likes to be on top or on bottom! If I was looking to date him, you'd be in my five. But instead, I'm looking to make him tap out, give me my belt, and leave me alone until he earns a shot!

Tiffany: You best take the bass out of your voice when you talk to me.

Matt: Or what? You mean nothing to me! If you were offering me something I could use, I'd thank you! But you can't tell me square one about things I need to know. You don't know that after DeSean hits a drop toe hold, he does rapid elbow drops to the back of the head seventy percent of the time. You can't tell me that when a match goes over fifteen minutes, he starts doing more slingshot assisted moves. You can't tell me anything!

Tiffany: You don't know what you're passing up here.

Matt: And you don't know who you're selling to. I don't care about the politics and backstabbing. I don't care about getting TCW to bump me to First Class. Why? Because I wrestle for my W-2. I win, I get a bigger paycheck, and that means I can stop pretending to be out when the landlord pounds on my door. So you can go back to having people pamper you for being pretty. Me? I gotta go to work.

*Matt puts his headphones back on and spins back to the television, grabbing a pen out of his bag. He rewinds the tape to where he left off, and goes right back to taking notes. Tiffany sits for a while, even trying to talk a few times, but Matt has completely shut her out. With a scream, she stomps off, but there's no one there to see her self righteous exit. All this, and Matt still hasn't even though about lunch. He's got a long day yet.*

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:31 pm

Well, come on and break the door down
You want me?
Fucking come on and break the door down

I'm ready
I'm ready
I'm ready
I'm ready

I'm ready
I'm ready

DeSean practiced his katas in front of the mirror while "Talk Show Host" finished playing in the background, Matt tried to get to him by aligning himself with Tiffany but DeSean was one step ahead of him when he brought in Jada Fire to be in his corner. He met Jada a while ago and they spoke to each other off and on, often teasing a relationship with each other. It seemed like her line of work was what brought them together a porn star and a professional wrestler were not the normal professions to take part in, that's for sure. As he finished up the last kata, he heard that knock on the door. He quickly rushed towards the door nearly tripping the CD player; he stopped and gathered himself a bit before opening it. Jada stood before him wearing tight white pants and a match shirt and jacket. She quickly jumped in his arms and started to kiss him. With her in his arms, he sat her down on the bed, pulling her off of him.

DeSean: Whoa, wait!

Jada: Come on

DeSean: That's not why I called you; we can do that after my match.

Jada: Why did you call me then?

DeSean: Because I need you to be my valet

Jada: A what?

DeSean: You just stand near ringside and do you, cheering me on of course.

Jada: So wait you don't want to have sex with me?

DeSean: Well yea I do, just not now. I can't believe I just said that.

Jada put her jacket back on since it was apart of her outfit, she combed her back. Trying to make herself neat and presentable again.

Jada: So why do you need me?

DeSean: Just for moral support, I'm the underdog coming in I'm not going to try and make it seem like I'm not. But I've been watching tapes, taking notes, studying.

That sentence was true DeSean took his work seriously; he was a student of the game. For all of the cockiness that comes out of him, DeSean was no fool and he knew a Transcontinental title win would be huge for Infinity and for him.

DeSean: I just need you there by my side

Jada seemed wary, there was something off about him but she couldn't put her finger on it. There had to be more to the story but she wasn't going to pry she truly didn't know DeSean yet and this would be a good chance to get to know him.

Jada: Ok, I'll help you.

DeSean: Aw thank you baby

They kissed each other and then DeSean hugged her, a small smirk formed on his face.

DeSean: We should get out of this room, have you ever been to Dublin before?
All of the tapes in the world doesn't equal up two years Matt, I slept with him for two years! I was with him 24/7! Tiffany continued to scream and shout at Matt trying to get his attention, that's all she needed, was just one minute of his time. That's all she ever needed but Matt wasn't budging that made him even more intriguing. She waited outside the room figuring Matt would have to leave sooner or later. He didn't understand that he needed her. She could hear Matt singing a song to himself, what was he singing?

Matt: Then I saw her face now I'm a believer, not a trace of doubt in my mind, I'm in love "oooh yea" I'm a believer, I couldn't leave her if I tried.

"The Monkees" she thought to herself, DeSean was a fan of The Monkees even if he wouldn't ever admit it. Interesting she thought to herself, maybe Matt needs her more than he thinks. As Tiffany stood there she heard two more voices approaching closer. One voice she recognized as DeSean's the other was a female's. Tiffany ran back into the room where Matt was still sitting, trying to get his attention once again, she whispered his name but he either ignored her or didn't hear her. So she did the only thing she could do, she smacked him across the back of his head. Matt threw off his headphones and stood up, surprised by the sudden hit.

Matt: What the hell is your problem?

Tiffany: Look sorry but...

Matt: You're still here? Oh come on, look Tiff you're a lovely girl and I'm sue you can find another guy who'll do whatever you want but that's not me. I'm not...

"Are you two lovebirds having a problem?"

Matt and Tiffany both stopped talking and turned towards DeSean and Jada, who was standing underneath DeSean's wrapped arm. It was a position that Tiffany used to be in herself. A position she still wanted to be in just not with DeSean. Jada looked like such a skank with her tight pants and top with a very small jacket, dressing like she was 18. How old was she anyway? 28, 29? What the hell is she doing with a guy 7 or 8 years younger than her? Not to be outdone, Tiffany put her arms around Matt, to signal their partnership. Matt slyly slid out of her grip and finally spoke.

Matt: It's not like that DeSean, Tiffany is...

Tiffany: I'm his manager and with my help, he's going to take you out.

DeSean: Oh is that so? I have my own manager, this is Jada Fire.
Matt recognized that name from somewhere, "Jada Fire" he thought to himself. He repeated the name over in his head. "Jada Fire"

Matt: She's a porn star!

The words blurted out of his mouth and he quickly covered it with his hands. It didn't bother Jada though as she smiled at Matt.

Jada: I take it you're a fan

Matt: Well I've seen some of your work and pictures from the net, you had braces though.

Jada: Yea when I first started out, I had braces.

Matt: Oh interesting I had...

Tiffany: Hold on you're dating a porn star!

DeSean: What business is it of yours? I see that you haven't gone to far from the wrestling business. How many times have your legs opened up? Who else has gotten a taste?

Matt: We nev...

Tiffany: Well apparently you're not the only dick she's fucked.

Jada: Why you...

DeSean: Well you're not the only cunt he's fucked.

Matt: We didn't....

Tiffany: Did you just call me what I think you just call me!?

DeSean put his face near Tiffany's, his breath hitting her face, they were eye to eye and it the closest they've came to contact since the break up, he spoke softly to her but with more venom.

DeSean: Yea I did, you cunt!

Tiffany pulled her hand back looking to slap DeSean but Matt stopped her. He didn't want to be apart of any violence before his match.

Matt: Look, DeSean I have no desire to fight you until our match so unless you have a point you need to make, you and your girl can leave and we'll leave.

DeSean didn't say a word he and Jada turned around and left the room. Matt breathed a sigh of relief as he watched DeSean and Jada turn the corner, he could hear DeSean asking her about lunch.

Tiffany: Can you believe him? Calling me that...that word?

Matt: It's over now

Tiffany: Yes it is, now back to our plan.

Matt: No I mean it's over between us

Tiffany: But...

Matt: No buts, it's obvious you still have feelings for him and you're a liability, I don't need you.

Tiffany: He has someone in his corner now.

Matt: Because of you, you said it yourself that he was going to see the clip and because of that Jada is in his corner now. Now I have to watch her as well.

Tiffany: You're right and because of that I'm sorry nut that's even more reason for me to help you.

Matt: You don't get it do you? You just don't get it. Let me explain something to you, I'm not DeSean, I'm not him whatever similarities are there because you want them to be. You want to see DeSean in me so bad because it's the only way you'll get close to him without being with him. You need to move on Tiffany, DeSean obviously has.

Tiffany didn't say anything she was about to say something but she stopped and pause. She pointed at him and opened her mouth but closed it again, annoyed, frustrated and angry she let it all out.

SMACK!

Her hand came across Matt's face, leaving his cheek with a burning sting and red mark in the shape of a hand. She turned around and left the room. Rubbing his face, Matt shook his head and sat back down in front of the TV watching DeSean's Pure title match against Roderick Strong. At one point in the match, Strong countered a tornado DDT from DeSean into a backbreaker. Matt marked it down as a note, as Roderick made a cover, Tiffany hopped on the apron and provided a distraction causing Strong to break his concentration, leaving DeSean enough time to come from behind and land Strong's head on his knee. In all honesty Tiffany did provide a great distraction but like Matt said he wasn't DeSean and he was going to win this match cleanly. He put on his headphones and wrote down every move, every counter he saw in the match.

Matt: I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay watching the tide roll away
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay wasting time...

DeSean: I left my home in Georgia, headed for the Frisco bay because I've had nothin to live for and look like nothin's gonna come my way
So I'm just gonna sit on the dock of the bay watchin' the tide roll away
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay wasting time.

Jada: I didn't know you liked oldies?

DeSean: Well yea I do, there's not a lot of things you know about me.

Jada: Hopefully I will

They were back in the hotel room after a night on the town. DeSean watched the last match he and Matt were in, the Fourway Elimination in the finals of the Majestic Tournament. DeSean looked in disgust as after an impressive sequence of moves Matt pinned him, eliminating him.

DeSean: That sucked

Jada was behind him, looking at various DVDs she saw ROH DVD titled Reborn: Stage Two on the back was DeSean posing with Tiffany behind him with her hand on his chest.

Jada: So she was your girlfriend?

DeSean: What? Oh Tiff, yea she was, she also managed me.

Jada: I see. You didn't bring me all the way over here just to get back at her did you?

DeSean: No no, I wouldn't do that to you

Jada: You still don't have feelings for her do you?

DeSean: No I don't trust babe, I don't love her no do I like her.

Jada: Ok, I trust you.

Jada sat on the bed and began to massage DeSean's shoulders, he relaxed and kissed her. They both started to get into it more, Jada laid back on the bed with DeSean on top her, kissing her neck and then her chest.

Jada: MMMMM! DeSean! Aw fuck me

DeSean: Ohhh...Tiffany. Aw shit!

Everything stopped right there, Jada pushed DeSean away and put her jacket back on.

DeSean: I'm sorry

Jada didn't say anything else

SMACKED!

That came without warning and Jada stood out of the bed and headed towards the door.

DeSean: Do you need a....

BOOM

The door slammed shut and DeSean sat there alone, rubbing his face.

DeSean: I'm an asshole, such an asshole.

He looked at the Transcontinental title and thought about his Myspace blog, the offer that Matt couldn't refuse. He grabbed the TC title and left the room himself.

With all of the DVDs in a bag and his headphones hanging behind his head, Matt hit the up button calling the elevator. He had his fair share of drama for the past two weeks and he didn't like it all. It's why he didn't partake in relationships and he was glad that he turned down Tiffany. It meant that he still had a part of himself; it meant that he didn't go towards the other side; he didn't become that guy, that guy who needed to take shortcuts to win. He was going to beat DeSean fair and square, in the middle of the ring like you're supposed to. The elevator doors opened and Matt hesitated before stepping in, his reasoning was simple.

Matt: DeSean

DeSean: What's up?

Matt: Going up?

DeSean: Well I am now; I came down here to see you.

Matt: Really?

DeSean: Yea, here.

DeSean handed Matt a black bag, which was pretty heavy.

Matt: What's this?

DeSean: It's your Transcontinental Title; I won't be needing it, until after the match of course.

Matt: Looked DeSean, I'm not with Tiffany, she...set me up. I never asked her to manage me, we don't go out. I don't love her, I don't liker her. I don't find her attractive

DeSean: Really?

Matt: Well except the last part she is hot

The two of them shared a quick laugh

DeSean: I know that's why I dated her for two years.

Matt: Where's Jada

DeSean: Gone, she left, like literally she left me.

Matt: You guys broke up?

DeSean: Hell I don't know, we never really went dated just fucked. It sucks though, I don't like the feeling.

Matt: I bet, that means you cared about her probably.

DeSean: I don't like the feeling of being slapped in the face, it sucks ass.

Matt: Tiffany slapped me too.

DeSean: There's our attacks I guess

Bing!

The elevator stopped and both of them stepped off

Matt: I'll see you at the show DeSean

DeSean: And likewise

They walked away from each other, Matt going in the right direction and DeSean turned left.

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:25 am
Profile E-mail
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]