[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Havoc: Highone/DeSean vs Darkness/Misfit SGR: Drakus
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:33 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Havoc: Highone/DeSean vs Darkness/Misfit SGR: Drakus 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Havoc: Highone/DeSean vs Darkness/Misfit SGR: Drakus
<center>

Darkness and Misfit have Drakus in their sights after what he's done to Dante. They'll have to wait to get their hands on him directly, however, because tonight they're taking on two of Infinity's premiere members, leading into the PPV! But with the way things go in TCW, you can be sure they'll get to Drakus somehow! </center>

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

There was no reply from the pale figure now sprawled on the concrete floor.

"Jason?"

Selenia felt her grip on the bottle of water in her hand become shaky. Her mind reached out to her lover's, and her head was filled with screams.

Not pain. Just terror. The kind of terror she hadn't felt in centuries.

"Jason?! Oh my..."

She rushed to him, her heart pounding in her chest, threatening to maybe beat its way out if she didn't calm down. But she had no intention of doing that. She placed her hands on his body and then snatched them away. Dante felt like he was burning up, his ordinarily alabaster-white skin turned a lurid pink. She tried to turn the man over, but she wasn't strong enough to shift his near-two hundred and fifty pound bulk.

"Jason...help me...I can't move you..."

I can't move me either!

It thundered through her skull like a thunderbolt, driving home instantly the significance of his words.

"Oh God..." Selenia suddenly saw the detail that had eluded her earlier. Her lover, the World Champion's, neck was bent almost ninety degrees. "You're p...paralysed..." she stammered, not able to take in what she saw. Images rushed through her mind as she tried to reconcile this with the reality she knew. This was beyond her understanding.

The screaming in her mind returned, and she clutched her hands to her temples as Dante's pure, primal panic ran through her skull, down the psychic link they shared.

"HELP ME!" she screamed, speaking not in her own voice, but in the voice of Jason Dante. "HELP ME!"

She heard the sound of boots pounding on concrete, and looked up to see Dante's stable mates approaching rapidly. Immediately, Darkness knelt down beside Dante, his hand straying close to the twisted neck of the World Champion but not touching it. His eyes assessed the situation and he summed it up expertly in just a few calm words. "He is paralysed. It is the thing a warrior fears above all else. His mind screams in torment because this is worse than death."

"Fuck..." Freya said, ducking past Acolyte and Misfit, who stood stunned over Dante's prone form. "Who did this?"

Darkness's head flicked from side-to-side, as if the perpetrator would be standing right there. His eyes found Selenia. For just a moment, there was a tiny sliver of suspicion in his eyes, but it was dismissed before she could slap him. "Did you see anyone?" he asked.

"No...no, I was only gone an instant...for water..." she held up the unopened bottle as if it were an alibi.

"D...Dra..."

Five sets of eyes shot down to Dante, whose lips worked to form the words he wished to say.

"He's in shock," Darkness surmised, "He can still speak." He gestured for the water and poured a little into Dante's mouth.

"Drakus..." the albino rasped.

Something went cold in Darkness when he heard that name. He too had been hurt by the man with the dragon tattoo, but not this badly. His fingers twitched.

"Payback?" he heard Misfit whisper behind him. Gideon Flint and Jason Dante would never be friends, but the Acid Misfit was incapable of wishing a fate like this on anyone.

"No...I don't believe in revenge."

Misfit said nothing, but Darkness could feel him bristling. In truth, he would have smashed Drakus's skull into pieces had he been standing here the moment when he had realised what had happened to his friend, but this was not the time for rash actions. They were not the kind of men - and women, Darkness mentally corrected himself at the sight of the small woman who crouched on the other side of Dante - who stooped to ‘an eye for an eye'. They'd be as bad as Drakus if they did.

"We'll deal with Drakus if necessary," Darkness continued, "But Jason is our priority right now. We have to get him to a hospital."

"So what do we do? Get him to a doctor and then what?" Misfit asked.

"I'm not leaving him." Selenia's voice was firm, and her dark eyes flecked with red flames were hard.

Darkness nodded in agreement. "TCW can wait, we have other priorities now..."

"Darkness," Misfit said in a low voice over his shoulder, "the next show is in the UK."

His heart skipped a beat. For just a second, the image of a burning ring appeared before his eyes, like a mark on his retina though there was no light source that could have caused it.

He knew he had to go.

He knew it was time to return home.

Highone's earlier anger was gone, though he didn't feel as triumphant as he thought he would have done. Freya had stolen their thunder twice tonight, first in the ring with that weird DeadZone guy, and then at the end of the show. They knew it was only a matter of time before she was going to join those NHFC goons, but he wished she could have chosen any other moment to do it.

"Bitch," he hissed under his breath as he cast his eyes across the locker room. Infinity as a whole were not in the mood for celebrating it seemed.

"What now?" Hardy said from his position crouched on a bench in one corner. He toyed with a strand of purple-dyed hair and looked as sullen as ever. Lita was nowhere to be seen.

"Now? We keep doing what we've always done. We might have lost, but the jewel in our crown won the main event!" He reached out a hand to slap the Insomniac on the shoulder, but the Sleepless One shot him a withering look and he drew back the offending appendage.

On the other side of the room, Hammer cracked his neck loudly and Shadow was quickly stuffing his personal effects into his bag. DeSean stood quietly to one side. Everyone was down, it seemed.

"Look..." Highone began, "I know we're all feeling a little...deflated...but we all know what we've got coming up. We all know that there's only one way to go from here. We're Infinity! We're the most dominant stable in the history of professional wrestling!"

No one looked convinced yet.

"The New Hellfire Club may be adding new members every week, but what do we care? Hammer," he pointed at the big boxer who shot him a curious look, "you've beaten Misfit before - you smashed the crap out of him with that...glove thing...to become the number one contender this time last year."

Hammer nodded, conceding the point.

"And you, DeSean," he pointed, "and Insomniac...you've both beaten Freya. What the hell does she matter? They can invite as many one-hundred-fifty pound girls into their stable as they want, and we'll break them all, right?"

Hardy tilted his head, "But tonight she..."

Highone waved him down. "No. Fuck tonight. We're legends in this business. I'm former Tag-Team, Transcontinental, European and Bleeder Champion. Hardy, you've held the tag belts with me and you're a former IC and TC Champion."

He went around the room, addressing each of his stable mates in turn, reminding them of their past achievements.

"Hammer; Tag Champion, Transcontinental Champion, E-Title holder. DeSean; you're a Ring of Honor legend and a former Tag Champion. Shadow; Tag Champion in 411, ECF, and TCW. Insomniac...Insomniac..."

The cold grey eyes of the Insomniac bored into him. He held the silver, blood-stained surface of the Bleeder title close against his body.

"Do I even need to talk about what you've done? About what you're continuing to do?"

The Insomniac didn't reply.

"With you, we can beat anyone..."

"Even Darkness?"

The hard words doused Highone's bravado in ice water. His lips twisted in discomfort at the reminder of the one victory that had so far eluded their elite group. At the loss that he knew still stung the Titanium Insomniac. He had spoken with all of them a few days ago, asking what their aims for the coming year might be. He was the self-appointed leader of Infinity, and he considered it his job to keep his men motivated and on the same page. He had to know them like a warrior knew his own weapons; his own fists.

To a man, they all wanted to destroy their rivals, but the Insomniac's words had been delivered coldly, shorn of his usual eloquence and panache. ‘Words' was a misnomer, of course, for he had only one.

"Redemption."

He had spoken calmly, but there was burning fury behind those black-painted lips and furrowed silver brow. The chilling tone hid a furnace of uncompromising rage. It was a voice of the wounded warrior, and it took a fellow warrior to know it as well as Highone had.

"Even Darkness," Highone vowed at last.

"You may get your chance earlier than you expected, boys..."

As one, Infinity turned to see the figure of Ms. Valerie Stern standing in the doorway to their locker room.

"Come again?" Highone was the first to ask, not bothering to hide the lingering look he gave the Commissioner's figure. She was a little old for him, of course, but her background in equestrian sports had given her a great body and he'd always had a soft-spot for redheads.

"Up here, Mr. Highone," Stern said in a voice like rigid steel, pointing to her face. Unaccustomed as he was to following orders, his chin snapped up on instinct. She continued unfazed. "You may get your chance to prove yourselves against Darkness, I said. Sooner than you think. Hopefully you can keep your eyes on him and Misfit and not on their new stable mate or that Italian girl with the white dress that Dante takes everywhere with him."

"Darkness and Misfit?" Highone looked around at the rest of Infinity. "Which of us drew the short straw?" he sniggered to his team mates, and they returned with grins, except for the Insomniac.

"You did, Highone. You and DeSean."

She tossed him an envelope. He pulled out the single sheet of paper and read it quickly. A tag mach? No problem. Drakus as special guest referee? No problem.

"Guess the pressure is on us, eh, DeSean?"

His new partner nodded silently. He'd faced Darkness twice before, but Misfit was a new challenge.

The sound of a pager beeping drew all eyes in the locker room back to Stern. She checked the small device at her hip and frowned. "I'll have to leave you boys to work on your game plan, I'm afraid. Apparently something's come up."

With a brief nod she left Infinity's locker room.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

The clicking of Italian leather heels freshly purchased in San Torino echoed throughout the hallways of the Charité, one of Germany's finest hospitals. Valerie had seen the assault by Drakus backstage just like everyone else in the arena, though found herself to probably a little less in-shock than the rest of the audience. She knew the risks TCW wrestlers were subject to. They put their lives on the line every time the house lights went up and the cameras started rolling. Stern was also quite familiar with Drakus' talent for violence.

Still, receiving a page with the final prognosis in regards to the World Champion's health had caught her off-guard. One of the first things she noticed when assuming her post in Twisted Championship Wrestling was Dante's tenacity and near-indestructability. He'd been subject to numerous beatings yet came out on top more often than not. She had a professional respect for what he brought to the business. The words "broken neck" seemed burned into her mobile device, if not her mind. It seemed as though news of his condition had been rumored on an internet website and was spreading like Britney Spears' legs in a Vegas nightclub.

After her stop at the hospital she would find herself answering telephone calls from net journalists, maybe even some mainstream ones given the stature of the victim and severity of the injury. This was not a jobber laid up in a hospital. This was the fed's poster boy. There were business repercussions she had to consider regardless of his health. And what did it mean for the championship? Only time would tell.

Stern continued her stroll down the lime-green tiled floor, electing not to take a right into the hospital's intensive care unit. Instead she walked straight forward towards the emergency staircase exit. Valerie popped open the door and started upstairs towards the rooftop. She looked down at her watch. Almost 6:00. She hurried her pace some up the stairs.

Once on the roof, as expected, she saw a hulking figure crouched down by a bulky aluminum ventilation shaft. Had she been security he might have already sprung and attacked. But Drakus knew better when it came to the commissioner. He would never accomplish his goals by getting banned from the federation.

Stern: Surprised to see me?

The brute from Indiana stood up and slowly walked over towards her.

Drakus: A little bit, yeah...

Stern: One does not get to my place in life through stupidity. I've got access to the whereabouts of every federation superstar. And frankly, even if I didn't, it doesn't take a great detective to piece together bits of obvious logic. I know how you operate. You didn't finish the job at Friction. Jason's at his most vulnerable. Visiting hours end in an hour which would give you NHFC-free access to his room. What would stop you from paying him a visit?

Drakus: Nothing...

Stern: On that point you're wrong. What's stopping you is me, two feet from your face. You're going to leave the hospital and let Dante recover. In fact, as frosting on the cake, I'll let you act as the referee at Havoc between Darkness/Misfit and Highone/DeSean Blackwell...

Drakus: And supposing I would rather just finish the creep's wishbone of a neck?

Stern: Then we'll hope Pryce is as a good as you say he is, because you'll have no legal representation from TCW when you're put on trial. In fact, you'll have no TCW paycheck, because the second you touch him...to quote a good business associate of mine...."you're fiiiiiiired". Unemployment checks don't tend to help facilitate "not guilty" verdicts.

Drakus: And I can get my mits on him another time down the road?

Stern: You'll get your shot at him. Even if I wasn't to make the match, which I will, I'd guarantee he'd still be most accommodating. In the meantime you should worry about his associates. I hear Acid Misfit has a NASTY temper...

A thin smirk found itself wiped across Drakus' mug. An idea emerged in his mind like some terrible disease created in a germ lab. There were ways to get at Dante that didn't involve laying a single finger on him. His smile broadened as he responded.

Drakus: Just how I like it. Sounds like we could have been seperated at birth...

Stern: I'd suggest you leave the same way you came in. Running into the New Hellfire Club right now would be a bad idea. You're a tough guy, but also smart enough to understand those odds.

Drakus: Well it wouldn't be all of them, would it?

Valerie felt a hint of disgust at Drakus' enjoyment over his acts. He was mocking a man's life. She watched him hop to the fire-escape and lumber down the metal contraption. Things were about to get nasty in Twisted Championship Wrestling. A red sun would rise, for blood was no doubt on the horizon...

-------

The hum of the high-speed train buzzing across the European countryside was lost to the beats blaring into Highone's ear drums. It cut like a knife through dense fog and night air thick with the smell of hay from small farms peppered across the landscape. The headphones also wiped away the sounds of the German fans booing Infinity at the end of Friction. What did they know? They were the same stein-swilling rubes who idolized David Hasslehoff.

It was easier for Highone to quickly dismiss their vocal displeasure than to accept the hint of criticism. His armor was too thick for such an impersonal attack to affect him. However, his own inner-voice was not patting his own outer-back after the performance he'd put on earlier in the night. It was more than just the RoXoRz' loss to their opponents. It was more than Rachelle seeing him drop another match. He was disappointed in himself and the effort put forth. Highone hoped it was nothing more than just a post-title loss funk. And what better way to get motivated than by the task put forth by Valerie Stern.

Hell, if a TCW wrestler couldn't get excited about being an underdog, along with one of your closest friends, and squaring off against two former World Champions, you might as well not pack your lunchbox and come to work. Highone's history with Misfit was primarily based on their individual tag-teams butting heads, even while paired up in the Vicious Circle. However, with the acidic one's newfound affinity for vampires and such, Infinity's Blunted Instrument was relatively sure the blood-letting would be fresh as the morning dew in short order. Darkness, on the other hand, was a more mysterious escapade into violence.

His words to his stablemates in the locker room had been the ones he felt they wanted, even needed, to hear. Even Darkness... Cliche perhaps, but the statement was far easier said than done. The Hellfire Captain was a man of few words when it came most things. The same was true in regards to his accolades thus far in the federation. He didn't need to talk much. His record spoke for itself. The man in dark's name could not have been more appropriate, for to beat him was to catch a shadow. It was to cage a dragon with your bare hands.

Highone's one in-ring encounter with Darkness, sanctioned that is, was a physical test for all involved. It was a bout ending in defeat for Infinity, but one ultimately be remembered for a much more important moment in TCW history. The world got their first glimpse at what had become an increasingly tough mixture of talent in the New Hellfire Club. And while Dante and Darkness stood united and victorious that Havoc in the Bahamas, the loss would now benefit Infinity. Highone was once again teaming with DeSean Blackwell. He knew the two of them had taken the NHFC's leaders to the limit. Misfit was not to be underestimated, but he also wasn't the current TCW World Champion, and DeSean continued to improve with second he spent inside the squared circle.

The martial arts marijuana enthusiast looked a few seats ahead on the luxury bullet train. He saw the point of a black hoodie reclined back 45-degrees. It looked like Blackwell was sleeping. Highone probably would have been wise to do the same, though he'd been having trouble lately when it came to solid shuteye. He'd talked to DeSean earlier in the night. It was clear both had the same desire to claim victory over Misfit and Darkness, but there was fire in the Technician's eyes Highone hadn't known in some time. It was clear DeSean was ready to make a statement. He'd been overlooked time-and-time again for title shots he deserved. He was sick of being underestimated by management. What better way to open some eyes than lock Darkness into the Hangman's DDT and get the 1-2-3?

Infinity would shine come Havoc. They would reign supreme when all was said and done. It was the kind of momentum they'd need marching into the upcoming, publically un-named PPV in Dublin. Highone turned his music down and shut his eyes. He let out a sign of relief. The former champion would get his first solid block of sleep in a week's time as the train finished its trek towards Sheffield. Things weren't looking so bad...

----

Nurse: Things aren't looking so good...

Misfit: Now THAT is bedside manner!

Selenia's tears fell like the raindrops rapping on the room's window pane. Her pain was immeasurable by normal standards. Drakus had not just broken Jason's neck with his ill-fated attack. He'd also broken her heart which now lay in a bed before her attached to various machines. Every breath through the ventilator was one more moment of hope. Meanwhile, Freya squinted her eyes in anger at the loose-lipped candystriper.

Doctor: I-I.....I'm sorry, she's new....

Darkness: Can you both leave us all alone for a minute...

Doctor: I would be happy to, except the hospital's visiting hours are ending as we speak.

Misfit: I think you mistook my friend's statement as a question. He's not asking you.

Doctor: Well I never!!! This is a professional medical institution, not a wrestling arena young man!

Misfit: Look pops, I don-....

Selenia: Stop it! Please! Jason is lying here with a broken neck and you're bickering. Doctor, please let us have a few minutes alone with our friend; let me have some time with the man I love...

Doctor: Yes, miss, I understand and I'm sorry. But I cannot let you stay too long. There are policies here that I have control over.

Selenia: Of course. I appreciate your compassion...

It was hard for any man to refuse Selenia, but with her doey eyes glossed in tear it was near impossible. The medical staff left the New Hellfire Club to their captain, and more importantly, friend. It was hard seeing him in this state. The doctor's had said the paralysis would still allow Dante to talk, though it would take some time before he might get full vocal-chord ability back. And that wasn't even guaranteed. Still, even without a full voice, Dante would continue to lead them through inspiration, through commitment to their friend. The group stood there, each offering a few words in private to Jason, and met back up in the hallway. Selenia remained by the bedside of her man, intent to stay with him at all hours.

Darkness and Acid Misfit lagged behind the less-attached, more energetic members of the New Hellfire Club. Their numbers were increasing and the talent pool was deep as ever, but branching out also had its risks. Still, Darkness trusted Gideon and Freya, knowing they were good at the core and certainly had no love for those the NHFC considered to be enemies. Infinity was no doubt scurrying to try and counter the recent upswing of momentum in the Hellfire's favor.

Misfit: So what's next?

Darkness: Apparently Highone and DeSean. I'm hoping they show some respect given Dante's condition, but I never say never when it comes to Infinity.

Misfit: One of those goons touches him and there's going to be an international incident...

Darkness: I'm not a fan of revenge, but I'm more than capable of defending my friends.

The horrible thought entered Darkness' mind.

Not this time...

If anyone, only Selenia could know the loss he felt. There was an incredible sense of anguish over not being there to fight off Drakus and prevent this entire scenario from ever happening. Instead, he'd been baited into a fight with Infinity, allowing Dante to be taken backstage alone. Darkness felt like he should have been by his side. The two of them had come a long way since uniting. They'd seen ups and downs and grown to become chums in the true sense of the word, something that might seem impossible given their individual pasts. It was a testament to their bond of friendship.

Misfit: If it wasn't for Infinity, Dante wouldn't be attached to a heart monitor right now...he wouldn't be fighting for his damn life...

Darkness: Yes, that's true in a way.

Misfit: Then it's time to go pay them a visit in jolly olde England. Will Dante be okay?

Darkness: I don't think we necessarily have to leave tonight, but you're right that we need t-....that I need to make the journey to Sheffield in the near future. I'll make sure we have security called in before we go.

Misfit: Good idea...

The two continued to the elevator and out of the building to get a breath of fresh air. It wasn't until the night hit them that they realized how stuffy the hospital had felt. The tense situation had added to the sterile environment they'd come from. A pair of darkened eyes darted to the side at a whisp of a shadow.

Darkness: In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled for Drakus. Something just doesn't feel right...

Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:25 pm

It was a night after Havoc he got that phone call

"Hey"

"Mom? What is it?"

"Are you able to come home?"

"Why?"

"Because your cousin......."

His cousin was in ICU back in North Carolina, Chapel Hill to be exact, it didn't take long for him to pack his bags, say his temporary goodbyes and leave Germany on a private jet. He lost more than a match that week, he made it back to the states and North Carolina just in time to see his cousin laying in the hospital bed at 30 years old, barely alive fighting for air. The only chance he has of survival is a surgery to remove a blood clot in his lungs, the problem is that he already has cancer spreading throughout his body and he's nearly brain dead already.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm all right; can he hear my voice?"

"Yea"

DeSean's father motioned for him to say something but the only words DeSean could say was "hey" and "what's up?" He left the room, tears swelling in his eyes feeling a mixture of emotions. Regret, pain, anger, disappointment, sadness all of these things came pouring right out of him. Later that night he went back to Greensboro his hometown, he said and a prayer and went to sleep. There were plans on going back to Chapel Hill the next day but those plans were cancelled when he got the news that next morning. He stayed in North Carolina another week for the funeral, then he flew back to Germany for the next show.

To say he was tired was an understatement. So it was no surprised to anyone in Infinity that whenever they saw him he was getting as much sleep as he could. The best he could ever do though was a power nap either he was interrupted from his rest or he couldn't stay asleep. Yea he was fighting Insomnia and he was the Ken Shamrock to Insomnia's Tito Ortiz. Shortly after Highone left him alone, DeSean eyes opened, he pulled the hoody back and stretched his arms.

Highone: Have a nice sleep?

Highone sat still in his chair; he sat across from DeSean, head down, arms folded.

DeSean: It sucked, I can't manage to stay asleep it doesn't matter how long I stay up I can't fall asleep.

Highone: I'm having a similar problem

DeSean: Not like mine, trust me

Highone: I never did ask you about the funeral, how was it?

DeSean: Pretty good, nice service.

Highone: That's good

DeSean: Yea, I got something out of it too. Live your day like it's your last, this match against Darkness and Misfit is huge for us we can't fuck up.

Highone: Don't worry we won't

DeSean: I'm not worry and I know we won't we never do.

Highone: Yea we don't but everyone else does.

Highone was referring to the number of times Infinity's been screwed over the past couple of months. This time though Infinity was determined to not be screwed, by the end of Friction, Infinity will stand tall.

DeSean: So Drakus is our special guest ref?

Highone: That's right

DeSean: Interesting you know he broke Dante's neck, we could use that.

Highone: I wonder what that means for the title though?

DeSean: Don't know, maybe they'll vacate it.

Highone: Probably, the truth is that I don't trust Drakus he's too unstable, he'll attack all four of us.

DeSean: If he's a dumbass he would I've faced both Darkness and Acid they're formidable.

Highone: You fought Acid before?

DeSean: Yea, remember How Few Remain? It was Acid, Hammer, Stoner and RDV facing me, Rachel, Bisley and PD.

Highone: Damn how a year changes

DeSean: I know right? I fought Acid outside the Ghetto Xpress, I beat his ass of course.

Highone: I think I heard about that didn't you run over Jabbar?

DeSean: Yea..that was an accident anyway Drakus couldn't take all four of us on and besides I'm not worried about Drakus, I'm not worried about anything or anyone anymore. I'm seizing my opportunities.

Highone: You‘re right Drakus isn‘t stupid, borderline psychotic but not stupid.

The bullet train sped through the tunnel, as everything inside the train went black.

Darkness and Acid walked through the hallways of the hospital looking for an exit out, both Acid and Darkness kept their eyes peeled looking for any sign of trouble. The image of Dante's twisted neck, engrained in their minds.

Acid: You're right something doesn't feel right

Darkness and Acid turned right, they didn't know where they were going but every step just felt right, every step they took they got closer to a door marked exit. They moved cautiously as they moved closer to the door. Acid looked at Darkness, he motioned for him to open the door. Acid pushed on it as it flung open they both walked out, the fire alarm went off but they both ignored it.

Acid: Oh shit!

Darkness: What I don't see anything unusual

Acid: No I stepped in dog shit

The train stopped in front of the station the passengers including most of Infinity walked off, the sunlight beamed into their sunglasses. DeSean's hid the look of sleep deprivation that he was feeling. The only thing keeping him going was the idea of victory, he and Highone walked over to the conveyor belt and grabbed their luggage. As soon as they turned around, they both stopped in their tracks, from a distance they saw him.
DeSean: It's Drakus........

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:06 am
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Drakus could feel his lawyer's dark eyes boring into his back as he stood in the balcony doors. The air was thick with moisture, the age of crisp January nights apparently having passed thanks to global warming. Not that Drakus was any sort of climatologist - all he knew was that he was getting rained on.

"You spoke with Stern then?"

The threat in Pryce's voice rankled Drakus. So what if he did talk to that bitch? He was tired of being ordered around by this retard in his suits, always cutting him off at the knees whenever he had a good idea. He hadn't sounded pleased since he'd thrown Darkness into a wall, and even then he'd muttered something about it being a good job he hadn't killed him. He was saying as much now.

"And I suppose you threatened to finish the job, did you?" Pryce demanded, "Bad enough that you'd act on your own initiative to attack him in the first place, but now you're trying to sneak in and commit murder. How far do you imagine my powers extend, Drakus? I can free a man from jail, but do you honestly think I can shield you from a murder investigation?"

Drakus turned around slowly. He tensed the bulging muscles in his arms rhythmically and flexed his neck this way and that. He'd let the lawyer stew for a few moments more. "The way you always tell it, Pryce, there ain't nothin' you can't do..."

Pryce looked hard at him. The lawyer, though not a large man, seemed to have shrugged off the beating he had received from the Insomniac a week before with little effort. There was an edge to his voice as he began to speak. "Thus far you have never truly tested me, Drakus. How far do you believe you can step over the line before I begin to demonstrate just how tight the leash I keep you on really is? You have angered me before and sorely tried my patience, but it would take only a word from me to send you back where you came from, understand?"

Drakus smirked and took a step towards Pryce. There was no fear in him, like always. Drakus didn't know what fear was; maybe he was too stupid, or perhaps just insane. Even he had trouble telling sometimes.

"Send me back? I don't think so, Pryce...I'm a public figure now. I have fans...merchandise. I make people money, and I know you get a cut of that. Like it or not, Pryce, I'm your meal ticket. So you can threaten me all you want - I know you won't risk losing your number one client."

There was a long silence.

Slowly, like a snake rearing up over an unsuspecting rodent, a smile spread across the lawyer's face. His white smile gleamed and Drakus suddenly didn't feel like he was on such firm ground.

"Drakus, Drakus, Drakus...you think in such small terms... You speak of meal tickets and merchandise, of fans and clients. Do you think any of that matters to my employers? Do you think any of it matters to me?"

"Well doesn't it?" the huge man challenged.

"No."

It wasn't Pryce's voice that answered. Drakus looked beyond the lawyer, but he couldn't make out the figure standing in the shadows on the other side of the suite. He recognised the voice though. Growling, he pushed past Pryce and made to approach the newcomer, but something stopped him from advancing fully on him. "You," he snarled, accusingly, "I recognise your voice..."

"Is that so?"

"You spoke to me once but...but in my head..." he trailed off, as if realising how ridiculous it sounded. Not for the first time, he wondered how far down the path of insanity he had really travelled. They called him a psycho...what if they were right? What if no one was there?

"Oh, I'm here, Drakus."

He frowned, not sure whether he'd actually spoken aloud or not. He though he hadn't but...maybe...

"Stop thinking, Drakus. We didn't arrange for you to be removed from prison to think."

"So why did you?"

"You're a blunt object, Drakus," the mysterious shadow-figure explained, "a simple weapon to be employed wherever we see fit. So far you have been a disappointment, however..."

"I said as much to him, Herald," Pryce put in. He fell silent at the sight of a raised hand however.

"But no more."

"What?" Drakus was confused.

"You did well against Darkness - better than any have so far - but I feared you would kill Dante."

"I was going to...I just..."

"Silence." The stranger cut him off with a single word. "Killing him would be the worst possible outcome of your employment, do you understand? Crippling him, however, was a much better idea."

Drakus actually shot Pryce a smug look, but it was short-lived as he felt a sudden grasping sensation around his neck. He clawed at his throat, but there was no hand there to fight off.

"Do not get ideas above your station, Drakus," the figure hissed, "You are still just a tool, albeit one that has pleased me for the time being. Alas, this is not the time for sentimentality; there is too much at stake."

Drakus croaked ineffectually in the spectral grip, and it loosened enough for him to nod in understanding.

"This match into which you have managed to insert yourself..." the stranger mused, "It would have been of no concern of mine, even if Darkness was involved - him and his new friend - but there is another who has gained the attentions of a...rival...of mine in the past. Since you proved yourself so adept at breaking Dante, perchance you would break this other one for me too?"

"Which other one?" it was Pryce who spoke up this time.

"The martial artist who is so fond of narcotics."

"Highone?"

"Whatever. His alias is of no concern to me. All that is important is that he was once a favourite of the Woman."

The room seemed to turn cold at the mention of the strange term. Drakus could feel the capital he had given it.

"A favourite?" Pryce asked, "And he resisted?"

"She did not think to assault him with her full power. But if she learns how close he may be to Darkness and Misfit, she may take it upon herself to win him to her side. I would prefer that that did not happen."

"I heard those two had a run-in with her," Pryce mused, "if she can recruit another enemy of theirs..."

"I have no concern for this Highone character," the figure continued, "he is but a bit-player in this great drama of ours, but she elevated an ally of his in Dis...I will not have her recruiting human soldiers for her cause. All those sworn to the Abyss on Earth belong to me."

Pryce nodded as Drakus continued to claw at his neck. As if it were an afterthought, the mysterious hold was released, and the big man stumbled down to one knee.

"Very well," Pryce nodded, "Drakus will break Highone too. I'm sure it will give him immense satisfaction."

"W...what about...the other one...?"

"Other one?" the shadowy figure enquire sharply.

"Bl...Blackwell...his partner..."

"Who is he? Another wrestler?"

"Yeah..."

"Break him too, if it pleases you. Kill him if you want."

"Pryce said that he couldn't deal with a murder..." Drakus threw a glance at his lawyer.

"Oh yes, of course," the shadow reflected, "I forgot about your sense of self-preservation. Yes, I suppose if you wish to live then perhaps you will limit yourself to crippling another one rather than outright killing him. It is your choice of course."

Drakus nodded blankly. What kind of psycho was he dealing with here?

Again, the stranger responded to his very thoughts. "Psycho, Drakus? I believe it is you who are the ‘psycho' - I am merely evil; my acts of violence and destruction are entirely premeditated. You are the tool, but I am your wielder, understand?"

Drakus just nodded.

Highone's eyes followed the direction of DeSean's gaze to the hulking figure who stood apart from the crowds on the platform of Waterloo Station. People were conspicuously avoiding him, somehow feeling the aura of menace he exuded. His dark eyes were fixed on the two Infinity members.

"DeSean...watch out..."

Highone murmured the warning under his breath as he stepped apart from his stable mate, not out of fear, but to cover a wider section of the battlefield he could feel was about to emerge. The young man didn't heed Highone's advice, approaching Drakus with a cautious half-smile. He got as far as raising a hand in greeting before the sound of two-hundred and eighty pounds of flesh being hurled into his abdomen cut him off. The air was driven out of DeSean's lungs as Drakus speared him into the timetable to his rear. He made an ‘oof' noise as the plastic cracked and slumped against his assailant.

Drakus reared back, but Highone held off for a moment longer. He had seen the look in the huge man's eyes, the glassy stare that only his warrior's instincts allowed him to spot. His mind whirled rapidly through scenes from his past as he remembered the long years of training; the honing of his natural abilities that made him a living weapon.

It wasn't all about learning to kick a guy hard enough to break bones though. A weapon is just a tool; to be the wielder and the sword, a man has to be able to fight without thinking, strike without hesitation and always hit the mark. A warrior must know how his target will act and see what he is capable of. The look in Drakus's eyes told Highone that he would not stop.

Not for anything.

On the station, people were throwing glances in their direction. Drakus was still moving, only a heartbeat had passed, but Highone had already made his decision. He took a step closer, moving even as Drakus raised one fist, clearly intending to drive it into DeSean's skull. His own arm flicked out, faster than the eye could follow, and his palm impacted against a pressure point on the tattooed man's shoulder. Instantly, his raised hand froze and the hulking beast stumbled backwards. There was a question in DeSean's eyes.

"Paralysed," Highone told him, pulling his young friend away from the broken surface of the timetable frame. He threw a glance down at Drakus, who looked as stunned as Dante had been when his neck was broken. Paralysis will do that to a man.

"We can finish him off," The Technician suddenly said, apparently ignoring the sudden attack he had just suffered. Only an arm held lightly across his gut betrayed that he had been assaulted at all.

"Finish him off? You mean kill him?"

DeSean looked shocked. "No, I just meant..."

The muscles in Drakus's neck were beginning to twitch. Highone knew he would recover soon, faster than anyone had ever recovered from his Snake Strike. "He won't stop," Highone continued, "not now; not ever. You saw what he did to Dante - you want a broken neck too?"

DeSean was frowning. Since his time in TCW he had seen and done things that he had never thought were possible. Highone knew how much he had grown, from a naive young rookie into a capable, confident man. But he knew that he still thought in terms of pro. wrestling. He had approached Drakus as a colleague, hoping to reason with the behemoth. Highone had seen that look in his eyes though. He would cripple them as he had Dante if he could.

"We have to go," he said, grabbing DeSean by the arm.

"What? Are you scared of him or something?"

Highone felt rage rising in his chest for an instant, but suppressed it. "No. I'm not. But the best case scenario is that we kill him first, alright? We aren't the New Hellfire Club - we don't fuck around with swords and guns, okay? Now can we get the fuck out of here?"

DeSean looked at Drakus again. The shock in the man's eyes was gone now, replaced with the familiar look of psychotic rage as the muscles in his arm began to twitch. Silently he nodded and allowed Highone to lead him away towards a sign labelled ‘underground'.

Darkness stooped down and placed his palm flat against the ground.

"You're communing with your home soil, aren't you?"

He fixed Misfit with a flat stare. "So what if I am?"

Misfit shrugged and thrust his hands into his pockets. "Nothing. Just as long as you're comfortable with doing that."

"I am."

"So," Misfit continued, "is it always like this here?"

Darkness straightened and looked around. They had arrived in Britain earlier that day, touching down in Heathrow Airport and then renting a car. Darkness knew the way to Sheffield and had mumbled something about avoiding traffic in London. Misfit thought of the UK as roughly the size of, say, Rhode Island so it was something of a shock to find that they had a five-hour drive ahead of them.

"Like what?"

"You know," he waved a hand, "grey..."

"Yeah, pretty much. It's an island though so the weather is very changeable."

"Is that right? You know, hanging with you is like having my own lame, boring library."

Darkness gave him another flat stare before turning away and walking away from where their hire car was parked. They'd stopped in what Darkness had referred to as a ‘lay-by', which amounted to a kind of shitty version of a turnout. "So where are we?" he asked, looking across a patchwork of fields over low, rolling countryside to a mid-sized town across the way.

"The town there is Northampton. You see the village just there?"

"Sure."

"That's called Weedon Bec."

"Seriously?"

Darkness looked at him. "Why would I be joking?"

"I dunno. It sounds like something out of The Hobbit. I'm waiting for Gandalf to ride out any second, here..."

Darkness walked towards the hedge and continued to gaze out across the fields. Misfit folded his arms and waited for some sort of explanation as to why they had chosen this place to stop. When none was forthcoming, he wandered up to stand near his tag partner.

"You're just glad to be home, huh?"

"Yes.

"This isn't where you were born or anything was it?"

"No, I'm from about fifty miles from here. I just wanted to stop somewhere quiet for a moment."

"You know, we don't have to go straight to Sheffield, man. If you want to stop off at home...see your folks or whatever..."

"I haven't spoken to my parents in over twenty years, Gideon. No...if I go anywhere it won't be to wherever they are. If they're even still alive."

Misfit fell silent at that. "So straight to the arena then?"

"Correct. I'll drive us to Sheffield and we'll sort out a hotel. Then I'll do what I have to do while I'm here and see you at the show."

"Whoa, back that up..." Misfit interposed himself between the vista and Darkness. It took a moment before his partner's unflinching gaze settled on him. "What happened to being a tag team? What happened to the New Hellfire Club? You're gonna leave me twiddling my thumbs in some hotel room while you wander off around the countryside and find yourself or whatever?"

"Misfit...where I must go is very personal to me...it's..."

"C'mon, man, loosen up here. You gotta let me in - none of this ‘walk alone' crap. Wherever you're going you can take me, alright?"

Darkness seemed to consider the request for a few moments. "Alright," he finally agreed, "let's go."

"Not to Sheffield?"

Darkness began to walk back to the car. "Not to Sheffield. It's a dump anyway."

Misfit barked a laugh in reply as he followed his tag partner.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:20 am
Profile E-mail
I am bad. I am to blame.

Post On the road again

WWWMDD?

Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:33 pm

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:56 am

DeSean, Highone and the rest of Infinity walked inside The Corporation as if they owned the place. The six of them walked through the crowded dance floor rather easily and made their way to the second floor and into the VIP area. One of the waitresses handed them all glasses of the Infinite Shot. Each one of them drank the alcoholic beverage quickly and sat down the shot glasses. A look of surprise came across their face the drink was surprisingly good sweet but pretty good.

DeSean: This is not bad at all, what the hell is in it?

Highone: I don't know

Hardy: Who cares?

Hardy took another quick shot

Hardy: Keep em coming!

DeSean took another shot of the drink and shook his head, which was just a natural reaction for him after downing a beverage quick. He moved his first two fingers forward motioning for another drink.

DeSean: So everyone what's our chances of an Infinity sweep at Friction?

Shadow: Hardy and I can take the Legitimate Business Associates

TI: I can beat Strikmore, it won't be easy.

DeSean: That leaves Highone and me then

Highone: We can win our match DeSean, let's try to stay healthy for the match

Highone took another "Infinite" shot and slammed the glass down

Highone: I know you're still pissed off about Drakus, we can kick his ass after the match all six of us.

DeSean: As much as I want to kick Drakus in his fucking forehead, I'll restrain myself for the sake of the match but he's losing it Highone. He's out of control he's need to be knocked back down a notch.

TI: Trust me, Drakus isn't a normal human being

DeSean: It seems like we're the only normal ones in TCW
DeSean's last sentence couldn't have been more true to him, TCW was filled with oddities and misfits. What got him was that Infinity wasn't that normal, Shadow and TI had their quirks and were far from normal but more normal than their NHFC counterparts. Something wasn't right with the NHFC that group as a whole gave him the creeps. He could see them inside their locker room reading poetry about cutting themselves. He hated how the NHFC were seen as the faces fighting the good fight while Infinity were the evil heels, what the hell did Infinity do that was so evil?

DeSean: You know what pisses me off?

Highone: What?

DeSean: That the New Hellfire Club is so "perfect" no one is that perfect...no one. We know Dante and Misfit aren't and something is obviously wrong with Freya but Darkness that fucker has something on him. Think about it, in this business we have nosy, disrespectful assholes for fans that know shit about you that you wouldn't tell anyone else about. Yet nothing has came out about him

Highone: Hey he's a private guy

DeSean: No one's that damn private. Hey Shadow do you think you can get your people o find out about anything on Darkness apparently he has a past here.

Shadow: I can

DeSean Good its time Darkness' skeleton's to come out of his closet
Acid and Darkness stood outside the abandon building, the light raindrops still fell against the heads of both men. Darkness took a deep breath and walked in, Misfit followed behind him. The inside of the sanctuary was losing the battle to father time, the windows were stained as well the top of the sanctuary leaking water. Acid noticed the cobwebs meticulously gathering around the edges of the pews. The two of them stopped walking and watched as a nice size rat crossed their path.

Acid: Is it safe in here?

Darkness: Gideon there's no one else in here but us

Acid: I mean health wise, there's mold and dust in here plus big ass rats.

Darkness: I'm almost finished

Darkness headed towards the pulpit and stood in front of the podium that was decorated with dust.

Darkness: I remember sitting out there and watching our preacher speak.

Acid: Seems normal enough

Darkness: This place brings back conflicting memories of pain and happiness, it changed my entire life. It's a circle everything began and ended here.

Darkness stepped down from the pulpit and motioned for Acid to follow him back outside, the drizzling had stopped and a rainbow started to appear over the horizon.

Acid: Sometimes I think that the ugliness of a bad storm happens so that the beauty of a rainbow can be seen. Whatever happened in your past happened but it only made you stronger obviously.

Darkness: That it did but it almost became my downfall, what if I told you that I was in love once and I had a family?

Acid: I would ask how much money did you give this woman?

Darkness: It's true

Acid: That you paid her to marry you?

Darkness: No that there was a woman who loved me

Acid: What was her name?

Darkness: Anna

Acid: Don't tell me you screwed around with another girl?

Darkness: No much worse

Acid: What

Darkness shook his head could he do it, did he trust Acid enough to tell him? Without making a sound decision he opened his mouth

Darkness: I...

It was cut short as Darkness quickly turned around and swung at the figure that was creeping behind him. He knocked down the former Indiana inmate who grabbed his mouth, Drakus' lip was bleeding, he smiled and wiped the blood from his mouth.

Drakus: Is that the best you can do?

"Insomnia is a bitch"

It's the only words he could say as he walked out the hotel, his eyes were beginning to hurt but his brain kept him going. It was another failed sleep and it was frustrating him, he got into his rental car and turned the CD player on

I fee like a black republican, money I got coming in
can't turn my back on the hood I got love for them,
can't clean up my act for good to much thug in him
Probably back in the hood...fuck it then.

I feel like a black militant taking over the government,
can't turn my back on the hood too much love for them,
can't clean up my act up for good to much thug in him,
probably back in the hood...I'm like fuck it then.

He didn't know where he was going he just allowed his body to take him there or maybe it was a higher being. That had to be it he thought, it was by the grace of God that he never suffered an serious injury, that he was given an second chance in TCW, he had to be watching him. Now was he smiling down on him was another story but that was one of the perks of being saved. You can always ask for repentance and everything would be ok. He drove past a small village and noticed three figures at a stand still, they appeared to be Drakus, Darkness and Misfit. Now he had to make a decision should he get involved and if he does who should he help? He didn't like none of the men involved and he remembers Highone suggesting that they stay healthy, hell maybe he should leave the three to themselves but he also remembers telling Highone that he wanted to face Darkness and Misfit with the two of them being at a 100%

He's out of control he's need to be knocked back down a notch.

That's what he said to Highone about Drakus and he was right. DeSean stopped his car, he went towards the back and grabbed a Singapore cane. He ran out into the field, cane raised.
He could see the three of them in the distance getting closer towards him.

Drakus faked a swing to Darkness then connected to Misfit's stomach. He then backhanded a punch to Darkness who fell on one knee. Misfit ran up from behind and tried to choke out Drakus but Drakus countered that by flipping him over.

Acid: Shit he's gotten stronger

Drakus picked up Acid and threw him against the brick wall he then grabbed Darkness and set him up for a Psycho Driver.

Drakus: I'm going to cripple you like I did your buddy and send him into the hospital, then I'm going to hurt him and then whoever the hell that bitch Anna is.....

:THWACK:

The wooden cane broke off against the skull of Drakus who dropped Darkness and staggered backwards.

Drakus: you son of a bitch! You just don't learn do you?

DeSean: I guess I'm just one of those hard headed ass kids

DeSean swung again but Drakus blocked it and broke the cane with his bare hands

Drakus: Oh you're gonna die

DeSean: I don't fear death

Drakus took a step forward towards DeSean who motioned for him to attack but Drakus stopped when that oh so familiar voice called out to him.

Pryce: Drakus!

Drakus closed his eyes, he mouthed the words dammit and answered back

Drakus: Pryce not now!

Pryce: Something told me to come over here, you can't risk it! Leave them alone and let's go we have more important matters at hand.

Drakus shook his head in the negative direction, he rolled his eyes and lowered his arms, stomping his way towards Pryce pouting. Similar to what a small child would do if he was told to clean his room interrupting his playtime.

DeSean picked up the remnants of his Singapore cane, he watched as his opponents gathered themselves. I'll see you two at Friction.

DeSean quickly ran away and back into his car driving back towards the hotel hoping to catch some type of rest either that or find a place that sold Red Bull. He picked up his cell phone and called Shadow hoping that there was some progress on Darkness' background maybe he can help somewhat.

DeSean: Hey Shadow, how's everything going with the Darkness story?...nothing so far damn. Search for a chick named Anna I heard Drakus mention her to Darkness as if she was important to Darkness.

"One"....

"Two"....

"Three" come on baby let's go!

DeSean's lifted the weights off the bar and brought them against his chest even for his size, DeSean's strength was remarkable it was never really mentioned how much of a health nut he was. Jag stood over him shouting out words of encouragement along with the rest of his circle of friends.

Four!...five! Come on DeSean what the fuck are you doing!?

Six!....

As the bar came back down on his chest he thought about the last time he and Highone had their tag match together.

Seven!

For all intents and purposes they should have won that match instead Highone was pinned and DeSean was left bloodied, he still advanced to the next round but he hated how it happened. He didn't want Darkness' approval, he didn't care for it.

Eight!

Come on DeSean! Let's go man!

Nine!

Do you want to win!? Or do you want to keep coming up short!?

The bar came back down on his chest again, breathing heavily he paused and brought the bar back up.

Ten!

Jag helped him set the bar back down and DeSean sat up from his spot, still breathing hard.

DeSean: I should be asking y'all the same shit

Jag playfully hit him on his shoulder

Stallion: So what's the plan with you and Highone's match? Do us need to attack Misfit and Darkness?

Jag: Or put a bullet in that bastard Drakus?

DeSean: No, no and hell no. We're not going to hurt them physically....

:bzzz:

DeSean's answered his vibrating phone

DeSean: Hello?

Shadow: It's Shadow, I had my people use our state of the art S-Mart technology to do some digging up on Darkness. I told you last night we didn't really find anything but some people did recognize him from the photos we showed them and there was a girl named Anna in his life.

DeSean: Really?

Shadow: Yes apparently our "friend" and her were a little close but

DeSean listened on the other end as his friends watched a sly smile come across his face.

Eddie: What is it?

DeSean: You'll see at the house show tonight, Darkness is about to face his past so to speak.

We go to the John Labatt Centre, where it's full of TCW fans many of them decked out in NHFC gear and Infinity gear. It was clear that the fans at Friction would be split with more fans cheering the NHFC. The heavy drums began to play for "Miseria Cantare" the fans know who it is. Immediately boos began to ring out as DeSean stepped through the curtain.

Love...your hate...your faith lost...
You...are now...one...of us!"

DeSean ignored the boos and headed straight to the ring, a cocky smile came across his face as he pulled the hoody back. He did a backflip in the ring and pounded the mat. A mic was handed to him.

DeSean: Great Britain!'

The crowd cheers at the cheap pop

DeSean: This place sucks

The crowd boos

DeSean: This is also the hometown, country, state whatever the hell this place is of Darkness and...(The crowd cheers and chants Darkness' name) right I know he's your hero, you badmouth having English bastards look up to him. So what kind of person would I be if I didn't invite Darkness to come right down to the ring so you people can see him.

The fans cheered as DeSean stood in the ring waiting.

DeSean: Now I remember what happened last time but trust me Darkness this is no trap hell some people say that it's impossible to attack you from behind. So hell if I was going to attack you which I'm not I would do it in your face, so let's go all right? I come in peace, you have my word.

Fear of the Dark begins to play as the fans get ready to sing along with the song but DeSean put an end to that.

DeSean: No screw that singing shit, I didn't get a full entrance so he's not getting one either, Darkness we don't have all night so get out here right now don't play his damn music! Darkness get your ass out here alone now! After 10 seconds or so Darkness walks out by himself to a huge pop. His eyes don't leave DeSean as he enters the ring, they stare each other down as DeSean is the first to look away and speak into the mic.

DeSean: Darkness! You have an impressive record, 21 matches won out of 26? Am I correct? 2 of those losses are singles matches only one loss was clean. You know I always sat and thought to myself, why are you so successful? I figured it out, it just hit me one day. You love to play mind games with your opponents that's no secret but I realized that there's really nothing on you to play mind games about. For someone who's so popular in this business and not have damn thing come up about their past or their personal life you're either very lucky or you sold your soul to the devil to make sure nothing ever came up. Hell no one even knows your real name but all of that sooner or later, oh sooner or later all of that shit tends to come out when you don't want it to.

Darkness stayed motionless as DeSean continued to talk, looking annoyed at everything that was going on.

DeSean: You can look like you don't care, you can look me in my face and think that I'm lying but I'm not, you see I know something that you don't know that I know! You can disrespect me and try to brush me off but you son of a bitch, I will make you face your past right here, right now! Show the damn picture!

On the wrestletron, a picture of woman appeared on screen smiling.

DeSean: She's not bad is she people? That was Darkness' girlfriend named Anna, ain't that right Darkness?

DeSean waited for an answer but Darkness didn't say anything. he put his head down and rubbed his eyes.

DeSean: I'll take that as a yes, you see as pretty as she was she was never good enough for Darkness no. Since he had no balls, one night when he came home in drunken stupor he assaulted her, he beat her senseless luckily she didn't die that night. He was charged for assault and battery and I have the :DeSean reaches into his pocket: the papers to prove it.

The fans in attendance are all quiet, Darkness could see people with surprised looks on their faces, he even saw some people on their cell phones discussing what they just heard and saw. The spotlight was now on him.

DeSean: You don't have to say a word it's all over your face, you make me sick. This is your hero people! This is your fuck....

Darkness snatched the mic out of DeSean's hand; he had heard enough, it was his turn now. DeSean mouthed the words tell me I'm lying.

Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Darkness's voice was quiet, despite the microphone in his hand. The crowd in the arena fell silent too. DeSean looked around, and a frown began to crease his brow.

"Why are they..." he looked at Darkness, searching for an answer, but his voice trailed off when he met the man's eyes. He had looked into the warrior's steel-grey gaze before, but there was something different there now. He thought back to something he had overheard The Insomniac talking about, and a detail he had dismissed as a mere metaphor.

Fire.

Hellfire.

The arena was gone, and they stood alone in a strange ruined building.

"Where are we?" the young man asked.

"Still in the arena. This isn't real."

"What? How is that possible?"

"You made it possible, DeSean. You made a mistake and you walked into my world. You tried to find leverage, but you forgot that the quest for power is always a gamble. When you want to put someone in your hands, you always have to risk putting yourself in theirs too. The problem is, when you gamble against me, you always lose."

"Is that so?"

"Have you never heard the expression, ‘the house always wins'?"

"Sure," DeSean replied, still remaining calm despite the bizarre change in his circumstances, "but what does that have to do with you and me?"

"This is the battle for the universe, DeSean - when you tangle with me, you step into Armageddon. That isn't a metaphor. The house is the world, the game is the battle between life and death and me..."

Darkness took a step closer and his eyes blazed with a terrifying inner fury.

"...I'm the dealer. Understand?"

"I don't thi..."

A gloved hand shot out and grabbed him around the throat. "You stepped where you shouldn't have done," Darkness warned him. "Maybe knowing some more of the story would educate you. Let's watch..."

Around them, the scene began to twist and blur.

Drakus gritted his teeth as Darkness and Misfit collected themselves in the ruins of the church. The ever-present power struggle between the behemoth and his handler was writ large in the pulsing tendons of his bull-like neck. Rage creased his brow, but the interfering Infinity member had already been forgotten.

"So you'd lead those idiots to them, but you'd keep me back on my leash?" he spat on the broken tiles that littered the building's floor to express his contempt for the word and what it represented.

Pryce's strange smile ghosted over his still-calm face. "Leash? You can't hope to keep up with the plans I have in place, Drakus, so don't try. If I hold you back, it's for your own safety."

"Safety?!" Drakus whirled around to confront Darkness and Misfit who stood warily a dozen or so yards away. "You think I need protection from these two? I crippled their friend, and I put that one," he pointed at Darkness, "in a fucking coma. As for him...maybe I'll break his legs." He clenched one heavy fist and smiled sickly at Misfit, who didn't look happy at the prospect of receiving such an injury.

Pryce looked at Darkness. The man's eyes were narrowed, but it was clear that he sensed nothing amiss. That was good - Pryce would not survive long without the aid of his employers in the gaze of the Antichrist himself.

"I meant...I meant their safety, Drakus..."

Yes, hesitancy was good. Let them think he was just some bumbling lawyer who couldn't even control his own tongue.

"But you said..."

"Mr. Darkness, Mr. Flint," he addressed the two NHFC-members across the church, "I cannot apologise enough for this transgression. Allow me to also extend my apologies for what happened to your associate, Mr. Dante."

They looked wary, but no guns were being draw, for which the lawyer was secretly thankful.

"Naturally his decision not to press charges is...uh...much appreciated...but of course, if you wish to discuss compensation for the loss of your professional influence as a result of your stable no longer holding the World's Heavyweight Title, then perhaps you'd like to take my card..." he was already reaching into his pocket, even though he knew Darkness would rebuff him.

"Who said Jason's giving up the titles?" Darkness snapped.

"Well, given his condition..."

"Just get the fuck out of here," Misfit advised, "before my buddy here starts hitting you with something that makes The Technician's Singapore cane look like cooked spaghetti."

"Very well." Pryce nodded his assent and beckoned Drakus to follow him. The giant growled once more before following his lawyer without even a backward glance.

"So what?" DeSean spat. "What does that prove? Drakus is his lawyer's lackey - I knew that already."

"Appearances can be deceptive, DeSean. Do you think Drakus's contempt for us only goes as far as his rivalry with Dante? Does a man cripple his enemy for a handful of lost years, or is something else driving him?"

"What do you mean?"

"Watch..."

The rental car pulled out of the abandoned village. Whatever vehicles Pryce and Drakus had arrived in were already gone, as if they'd never even been there. Darkness didn't speak as he pulled out back onto the road and began to follow a route only he knew.

"Well....that wasn't what I expected..."

Darkness grunted. "Me neither. I'd forgotten about him - he was the last person I expected to show up here."

"DesSean or Drakus?"

Darkness considered the question. "Both, but I meant Drakus."

"Well he crippled Dante..."

"Yes. But I thought he was done with me. I thought what he did to me last year was enough to feed whatever rage drives him. I thought Dante's...what happened to Dante...would be the end of this."

"What are you saying?" Misfit asked, frowning as he realised that Darkness was fumbling around the edges of some conclusion.

"Drakus is pursuing us. I find, when I consider it, that I do not know why. He wants to hurt us, of course, but why search for us against the orders of his lawyer? His unreasoning hatred makes no sense."

"Does it need to? I thought we agreed he was a psycho - even he doesn't know why he does what he does, so what chance to we have of figuring out his motives?"

Darkness titled his head to concede the point, but something still seemed to bother him judging by the frown on his worn features. "Something...something about his lawyer..."

"Pryce? What about him?"

"He didn't feel...right...there was something...familiar..."

Misfit immediately felt the tension in his partner at that moment. There was no overt outward sign, but his knuckles whitened on the steering wheel and his brow was suddenly smooth.

"Darkness?"

"It's a good job we were going in this direction already." His voice was cold.

"What direction?" Misfit looked out of the rental car's windows at the English countryside in the rapidly fading light. "Where are we going?"

"Home."

"Home? You mean...your home?"

"Yes."

"What? To see your folks at last? Should I pick up some wine...?"

"No. They won't be there - but someone else will."

"Who?"

Darkness didn't reply, but his facial expression was flat and placid, in stark contrast to the sudden raging fires in his eyes.

The scene twisted again, and DeSean looked from side to side. "So I get to see Anna, huh?"

"No."

"Then maybe you wanna tell me what the hell is going on here? Your hocus-pocus shit isn't scaring me, Darkness - if all I'm seeing is some road-trip movie involving you and Misfit can we just skip to the scene where the two of you hook up and get it over with?" He smirked at his own joke, and Darkness gave him a dry half-smile in return.

"Watch..." he urged again.

The car ground to a halt. It was fully dark now, and the two of them stepped out into the night. Darkness still appeared outwardly calm, but Misfit could feel the inferno raging within him. He wondered just what they were about to walk into.

"What is this place?"

Darkness knelt down and traced his fingers over some disturbed soil at his feet. Misfit could see nothing in the blackness, but Darkness apparently had no trouble perceiving details. "Someone was here..." he whispered.

"Well didn't you say we were meeting someone?"

"No, I mean before that." He pointed at the ground. "There's a footprint here. It looks about six months old."

"A six-month-old footprint? How could that possibly still be visible...even to you...?"

Darkness pointed to the earth. "Pick up some of this soil..."

"What?"

"Do it."

Misfit shrugged and stooped down by his partner. He did as he was bidden, and frowned as the strange, hard granules ran through his finger. "They feel...greasy..." he said, trying to articulate the strange sensation of the unfamiliar soil against his skin.

Darkness nodded. "It's sterile. Even the weather can't touch it."

"Huh?"

The former Shadow Slayer looked up and gestured all around them. "All this...area...has been touched by Hellfire."

"Isn't that us?"

"Not exactly. I won't go into details, but over four years ago there was an...event...here that scourged the land forever. Anything living was destroyed by a conflagration from an unnatural source."

"Unnatural?"

"By which I mean...Infernal..."

"Ah. I see. Hellfire. Now look, Darkness," Misfit began as he straightened, "I'm a catholic, alright," he held up the rosary beads he kept connected to his belt as if to demonstrate, "but I'm not exactly down with...uh...you know...the...the...occult..."

"How can you separate your faith in God from what you term, ‘the occult'?"

"Well it's like...ok...say I believed in...uh...in Zeus. You know, the Roman guy."

"Greek. But go on."

"Yeah, anyway," Misfit continued, "say I worshipped Zeus, that's all fine and dandy - he lives on his mountain and throws thunderbolts and what have you, but that doesn't mean I have to believe the stuff about the centaurs and the chick with snakes for hair, does it?"

"I suppose..."

"So, like, I'm down with Jesus, but I'm not one of these guys saying Darwin was full of shit and the world was made in seven days, am I?"

"Which is always reassuring," his partner conceded.

"Yeah. I mean...I can be a Christian, but that doesn't mean I believe in the devil."

"Well," Darkness said, straightening, "whether you believe in him or not, you're in a stable with his son."

"Whoa...hold up there, Wednesday," Misfit interrupted, holding his hands out, "You're the Son of Lucifer?"

"No, of course not."

"Right...good..."

"Dante is."

"Pardon me?"

"Jason Dante. You remember him, don't you? Pale guy, scar over one eye, can't walk..."

"I know Dante," Misfit growled, "I'm just a little...freaked out...that he's going around thinking he's the antichrist..."

"He isn't the antichrist."

"Good." Misfit breathed a sigh of relief.

"That would be me."

There was a lengthy silence. "Okay..." Misfit finally said, "So I joined a stable full of whack jobs. No problem...I can deal. Just...let's avoid any theological debates, alright?"

"I can prove what I say, Misfit." Darkness replied calmly.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." Darkness pointed to a low, ragged shape on the horizon. "That used to be my house. I lived there with my wife and daughter. Because of who I was, Lucifer attacked my home and destroyed it. My wife was killed and my daughter was kidnapped by someone else who, I now know, is about ten times as evil as Dante's old man."

"Wait...you had a..."

"A wife and daughter? A family?" there was something hard in Darkness's eyes as he looked at Misfit, "Yes. I did. My wife's name was Anna, she had auburn hair, green eyes and freckles. My daughter was called Kristine, she had strawberry blonde curls and sky-blue eyes. One is dead, the other God-knows-where. I've come here because I believe a man will be waiting for me who can lead me to my daughter."

"Wow. Okay..."

Darkness reached inside his coat and lifted out a silver object.

"Hey...easy now..." Misfit breathed, "I know those bad boy's - don't be pointing them at me again."

Darkness checked over one pistol and then the other. Satisfied, he returned to the car and removed something from the trunk. Quickly, he pulled a strap over his head and returned to his tag partner now wearing a baldric complete with his sword.

"You're anticipating a fight then?"

"It looks that way, doesn't it?"

"Can I have a gun then?"

Darkness shook his head. "No, you're bait, Misfit. You think you can handle Drakus?"

"Hey...what?! Bait? Drakus? What the fuck is going on here?!" Misfit tried to pull away from Darkness, but his arm was already enclosed in a vice-like grip.

Calmly, Darkness began to explain what was about to happen. "Drakus and Pryce are waiting for us in the ruins of my home. The lawyer's confusion and seeming incompetence in the church was an act. Of course, he was well aware that I saw through it, hence them waiting for us here. What he could not predict was the ruthlessness with which I will use you to draw away his pet monster. He will expect us to act as a team, and for me to live up to my reputation as a humanitarian."

"Now hold on..."

"Pryce is a product of his origins, however. Whatever his allegiance, he still thinks in terms of good and evil. I learnt from the Insomniac that this isn't a battle between light and dark though - it's about survival; about life and death. For tonight, I have to be my namesake. I have to be the dark."

"I don't think..."

"You wanted me to open up, didn't you, Gideon? Well welcome to my world."

Darkness pushed his partner forward over the Hell-blighted soil of his former home.

"So Shads was right about your girlfriend, huh?" DeSean taunted.

"Wife," Darkness corrected, "but yes, he was. He found out about her six months ago by sending one his lackeys here. That was who the old footprint belonged to."

"Really? He played dumb on the phone..."

"Looks like we've both been lied to recently."

"I'm not sure I'm following this..." DeSean interjected. "Pryce was...lying...?"

"He's a lawyer. What did you expect?"

"But I mean...you killed him...? What the hell...?"

"Watch..."

There was a roar as the remains of the front window exploded outwards. Drakus barrelled through the broken frame, ignoring the shards of scorched glass that stuck into his flesh. Misfit ducked the first blow and buried his knee in his assailant's gut. Grimacing, he grappled against Drakus's huge shoulders, trying to gain some leeway. Drakus grunted, and spun him around off his feet, pressing him towards the crumbling remains of the wall.

Misfit exhaled roughly as he was pushed against the brickwork, and clubbed at Drakus's back but failed to make an impression. He tried to rake at his skin with his nails, but it seemed to have no effect.

Drakus suddenly stepped back, and Misfit slumped, giving himself only a split second to duck the huge fist that was flying towards his skull, promising to shatter it into pieces. Instead, Drakus punched solid wall and Misfit rolled out of his path, glad of the respite.

"Fuck," he cursed as Drakus stepped away from the wall, apparently none-the-worse for his now-bruised hand. The leviathan didn't seem to feel pain.

"Where's your friend?" Drakus grinned.

"He didn't want to come. He said he was scared of you."

"I doubt that, but I don't blame him if it's true. Darkness don't want to end up in another coma..."

"Would you?" Misfit quickly scrabbled for a rock on the floor where he crouched.

"That ain't my problem. I've never met someone who could do something like that to me..."

"No kidding?"

Misfit straightened suddenly and flung a good-sized rock right at Drakus's head. It bounced off, causing the tattooed man to stumble, but his sick grin returned immediately.

"You know, we should swap workout tips or something," Misfit told him, "I want to be as tough as you."

"You'd need more than a workout, little man..."

As Misfit continued to try and evade Drakus, within the house Darkness moved silently through the remnants of his home. The last time he was here...well, it was this time last year, with Bruce. But then it had been whole, and Anna was alive. They had returned to that very night - travelling through time - and he'd found his redemption. He knew he'd come back, but he had hoped to be here alone and able to commune quietly with only the shadows of his past. He didn't expect to be hunting an enemy.

As he rounded one crumbling corner of the rambling former farmhouse, he saw the man he sought. There was no fear in him; he had faced down foes that would eat Pryce for breakfast, even if the lawyer was far more than he seemed. Nonetheless...he could have friends...and if Pryce could evade his Slayer Sense then so could any number of other foes.

He watched the shadow moving, and waited until he judged Pryce's back was turned before he stepped out and levelled one of the Eyes of God. He was certain he had been heard, but that was irrelevant now.

"You're not going to kill me, Darkness," the man said, without turning. They stood in what had once been Darkness's kitchen. Now it was littered with debris and only faint starlight illuminated the remains of the antique range and wide oak dining table. The terracotta floor tiles were broken into thousands of pieces.

"Of course not. I didn't come here for that, Pryce."

"So what did you come here for?"

"Information," Darkness spat, "I recognise your taint. You can shield yourself from me, just as she did..."

Pryce turned around slowly. His dark eyes held a glint of cold mirth as he looked down the barrel of a gun without flinching. "She? I'm not sure what manner of person you're attempting to associate me with, Shadow Slayer."

"How do you know what I was?" Darkness challenged.

"How do you know what I am?"

"Tell me where my daughter is."

"Even if I knew, I wouldn't tell you." Pryce smiled and chuckled softly. "My employers don't keep me so well-informed, but what makes you think you can come in here and demand something like this, Nightwalker?"

"You're here for a reason..."

"Yes. To distract you."

"What?" Darkness felt a sudden pang of doubt.

"You think in such simple terms, Slayer. While Drakus and I keep your New Hellfire Club either crippled or distracted, my employers are dealing with your opponents."

"My...my opponents...?"

"You do remember your opponents, don't you?" Pryce asked with mock concern, "DeSean Blackwell and the man who calls himself Highone? Infinity are quite the thorn in your side, though you wouldn't think so to see you here, threatening to blow holes in lawyers. But I'm afraid they're about to become more involved than you could possible imagine."

"What are you saying?"

"Come now, Nightwalker, I didn't bring you all this way to simply tell you everything now did I?"

"Obviously not," Darkness growled.

"So maybe it's time to examine the real threat, don't you think?"

"You are the real threat...."

"Wrong."

Darkness squeezed the trigger, and the image of Pryce dissolved as the bullet carved through it.

He wasn't there. He had never been there.

"Hold on....what?!"

DeSean rounded on Darkness as the swirling shapes returned, resolving themselves back into a shadowy reflection of the ring and the arena in which they had once stood. "What the fuck is going on?!" he demanded.

"More than you can know."

"Why are you showing me this? What the fuck is your game?"

"Didn't you hear the lawyer? You're involved. You, DeSean, became involved when you put that image on the Twistedtron. You stepped into my world and now I'm showing you what lies beneath the surface. Like it or not, when you play with Hellfire, you get burnt...but it isn't me who'll do the burning..."

Darkness began to turn away.

"Wait," DeSean said, catching him on the shoulder, "Pryce said something about his employers...about them...dealing with us..."

The former champion smiled at his young opponent. "I suggest you ask your partner about that, Mr. Blackwell."

DeSean blinked at the cryptic reply, and suddenly he was alone. Alone except for the fans in the arena who all stared at him with confused expressions on their faces. His microphone, inexplicably still in his hand, gave a whine of feedback and he looked around at the ring-hands to explain to him what was going on. Sammy Eubanks was trying to attract his attention. DeSean covered the microphone with his hand. "The fuck is going on, man?"

"You tell me," Sammy hissed, "You've been standing in that ring for, like, a minute in total silence..."

"But Darkness..."

He looked up at the Twistedtron where the image of Anna was still staring back at him.

"Darkness?" Sammy frowned at him. "Darkness isn't even in the building, man..."

Highone twisted in the uncomfortable hotel bed, sheets wrapped around his sweating torso. He couldn't sleep...maybe it was the lingering effects of the hangover, but he found he couldn't shake the dreams he'd been having these last few nights. It seemed like every time he closed his eyes, he could see a pair of strange eyes boring into his skull. They were dark, but there was something strangely seductive about them. He tried to keep his eyes open, but even when he blinked he saw the eyes and, for a split second, felt the caress of a pair of soft lips on the back of his neck.

He jerked around, certain someone was in his bed with him, but there was no one there.

"Damn...what the hell is this..." he asked himself under his breath. Standing, he reached for some shorts to cover his modesty as he padded towards the window. He couldn't keep the eyes off his mind, so he calmed himself down. If they were here to stay then he might as well get used to them he supposed. Stranger things had happened to him over the years, and a set of pretty eyes wasn't the worst thing he could imagine being burnt into his retina. It must have been those shots...whatever was in them...

He opened the balcony door and stepped out into the freezing Sheffield night. He didn't mind the chill air - his training afforded him perfect self-control over such transient sensations as heat and cold - and he figured it would wake him up and maybe banish the ghosts of these weird dreams.

"Hello, Highone."

He turned around with a start and met the same eyes that he'd seen in his mind just seconds before. Immediately he tensed and balled his fists before the strange woman standing on his balcony. Her presence was entirely inexplicable, though he thought there was something familiar about her shapely form that was encased in a small red dress.

"Do I...know you...?"

"Yes, we've met before; at the cocktail party. Don't you remember?"

He frowned, trying to place her perfect, heart-shaped face. He'd remember a groupie that looked like this, with her sparkling dark eyes, full lips and raven-black hair. "No..."

"But you do." She took a step closer, "And you see me when you close your eyes, don't you?"

He nodded dumbly.

"Then let me introduce myself. I am know by many names, but those who are close to me - as I hope you shall soon be - know me as Lilith..."

Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Reality faded into memory, as the immediate area surrounding Highone blurred into a small eatery. He could smell the ancho-rubbed chilorio simmering and roasting poblanos. He could feel the beads of sweat sticking to his skin in the embrace of the San Juan night air creeping through the wooden-shutters on the cafe. And yet now the only aspect standing out of a near forgotten moment passed away is the lovely creature who was sitting at a table across from him. She is the same mysterious woman who stands before him now, stinging English cold lost to Highone's tolerance and ongoing thoughts of Puerto Rico.

The event was Revolucion. It was during his non-title draw with Dante that Highone had first come to meet Lilith. She'd approached him at a party, later meeting him for tapas though her appetite had truly been for something else. The Queen of the Succubi hungered for the very essence of the martial artist's being. However, Highone was only a morsel, a crumb, when it came to her overall dining habits. Jason was the only one who could satisfy her urges. The sound of a female's voice brough the former TC Champion back to reality.

Lilith: I'm sure you're wondering why I'm here...

Highone: Let me take a guess. You're a stalker? I already told once I wasn't interested in anything more than information on how to beat Dante.

A thin smile, like cold creeping across a Maine field in December, broke onto Lilith's face. Her smirk was the thorny stem of a rose upon which her lovely face blossomed. Her porcelain skin was the fog of war.

Lilith: And how did that work out for you?

Highone: Um...well...I didn't lose. Let's leave it at that. So, come to take another crack at Highone, Jr?

Lilith: I am no cheap whore chasing an athlete's jock. We'll leave that pursuit to Selenia...

Highone: Do I detect a hint of jealousy?

Lilith: Ah, mortal ignorance. How it amuses me...

Highone: Whatever THAT means. So why are you here?

Lilith: I come to make you an offer.

Highone: I thought you just s-....

Lilith: Silence!!!

She raised her hand in annoyance. The normally outspoken Highone opened his mouth but he could not manage to make any sound. It was as if he was a child again, having just woken up from a nightmare and unable to scream for his parents' comfort. The words would not come.

Lilith: I'll keep it simple. I'm an associate of Drakus'.

Highone thought to himself, "Takes a psycho to know a psycho..."

Lilith: More to the point he takes my advice to heart, twisted might it be.

"The advice or his ticker..."

Lilith: We all have a common interest in seeing the New Hellfire Club suffer. With Drakus as the acting official in your match at Havoc, he might be willing to assist your team were I to ask him to do so. I'm sure you and DeSean would love nothing more than to see Darkness and Misfit fall in defeat.

The demure demoness lowered her frail palm.

Highone: A-...a-...and what do you want from me?

Lilith: I know what Infinity has planned for the Earthborn...for Jason...at the upcoming event in Dublin.

Highone: That's impossible. Nobody outside of Infinity has details except for Valerie Stern and I guarantee she didn't tell you...

Lilith: It's amazing what access one can get by simply striking up a conversation with the very male, and very lonely, head of security at the TCW corporate office.

Highone: Go on...

Lilith: I want Drakus cleared to be at the show without any kind of security being involved.

Highone: Stern will never go for that.

Lilith: It's not up to her in Dublin, is it?

Highone: ...

Lilith: Think about what I'm telling you. I'm not saying they have to fight. And once the main event is over you guys are no longer liable. You just get Drakus access...

Highone: What's in it for us? I'm confident Blackwell and I don't need any extra help at Havoc...

Lilith: Perhaps you can find another way to make Drakus useful in the near future. I'm sure we can find a common interest. If not victory...

Highone felt a tingle across his skin as though invisible snowflakes had begun to fall. A sweet aroma filled his nostrils. He almost felt as though the scent was some kind of elixir, a pheromone pharmaceutical if you will. A few blinks of semi-heavy eyelids revealed a new figure in front of him.

Highone: Rachelle?!?

He knew it was impossible. She was in the United States. Still, as his senses lied to him, Highone could not help but be drawn in. The beautiful brunette UFC ring-girl stood there doe eyed in a pair of panty shorts and a wife beater T-Shirt. She fidgeted with both straps, dropping them over her smooth shoulders and revealing her cleavage a little more.

Highone: It...it can't be....

Lilith: I'm sure we can find a way to work together, can't we baby? I know I can be a baaad girl sometimes. Maybe you can help me with that?

She batted her eyelashes, chocolate-brown eyes reduced to proverbial Venus Flytraps.

Highone: N-...no.....no....not this....not like this....

"Rachelle" flashed a look of contempt at Highone. Lilith knew he would consider her offer. He was no fool. If not tempted by the sins of flesh, then perhaps those of the quest for eternal glory. She watched as Highone slumped forward onto the floor and fell into a deep sleep. When he woke up he would remember nothing more than subconscious suggestion.

That morning, and for the rest of his life, Highone wondered where that hint of perfume in his hotel room came from...

----

The Hallam FM Arena exploded into one of the loudest cheers in TCW house-show history!

A light in the black or just a fear of the dark?
The crowd erupts as Darkness's music begins and, on the Twistedtron, an image of the full moon behind
I am the man who walks alone...
And when I'm walking a dark road,
At night or strolling through the park...

DeSean: Okay...okay....cut the music....

The Technician lowered the microphone from his mouth once the garbage blaring on the arena's loudspeakers flickered off. A large portion of the audience joined the speakers in silence. They seemed shocked, and somewhat disappointed, that they'd been duped.

DeSean: Don't worry all you little mages and druids in attendance, for your beloved Darkness will be making an appearance shortly....I promise it.

*scattered applause*

DeSean: I'm sure you think I'm here to run him down...to insult the New Hellfire Club...well....I'm not. I've decided to pay my respects. Maybe I underestimated them in terms of character...so, Van Helsing, if you don't mind coming on down that little rampway I can give you what you deserv-...

A LIGHT IN THE BLACK? OR JUST A FEAR...OF THE DARK...

The crowd erupts as Darkness's music begins and the regular video package starts to play. The applause increases as the flaming Pentagram makes its presence known. Now the word "Darkness".

The door opens, revealing Highone pulling the afore mentioned wrestler to the ring by his black hair. Darkness is knocked out cold. The crowd starts to erupt in applause. DeSean sidesteps an incoming Medium Popcorn.

DeSean: Actually, if you could throw a Sprite in this direction, I might be able to use it to revive Mr. Hellfire...

*laughter*

His Infinity teammate rolled Darkness into the ring, then headed for the ringside stairs to methodically enter the squared-circle. He didn't even make it to the second step before the Technician started laying in whips to Darkness' back with a leather belt. The crack of each strike echoed sharply throughout the arena. Now inside the ring, Highone picked up the microphone.

Highone: Where are your friends? Not even Misfit could make it? Oh, that's right...he's backstage, making gurgling sounds, in a pool of blood!!!

*pop*

Highone: This moment has been a long time coming. My abs are iron, my style is chique, and while I'm not the Iron Shiek....I think it's time we make Darkness humble!

Blackwell nodded in agreement.

Highone: Maybe you need to wake him up though...I mean what fun is it if he's not a TAD conscious?!?

Another nod, followed by something never seen before in Twisted Championship Wrestling. DeSean reached into his pants and whipped something out. A tiny, yellow liquid-sphere plopped onto Darkness' forehead followed by an increasing stream. It splashed in his eyes, dripping into the crevices of his face such as his nose and mouth. He started to cough, showing his first signs of life since being brought to the ring.

Blackwell stopped pouring, took a sip of his Lemon-Lime Gatorade, and then proceeded to empty the rest of the bottle onto Darkness. He tossed the empty plastic container into the audience, a fan selling it shortly thereafter on E-Bay for $12.99. Highone laid a few stomps into his enemy's ribs. DeSean finished his drink, then grabbed a Singapore Cane and started mashing Darkness' spine into taco meat. Their fun was broken up by a strange beeping. The wrestlers looked around the arena, then at each other, clearly confused as to what was happening.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-.....

A set of brown eyelids flickered open. DeSean rolled around in his comfortable hotel bed. A beam of sunlight broke through the curtains. It seemed to stay focused on his face no matter which direction he turned. Frustrated, Blackwell finally sat up, stretched his arms, and yawned. He looked to his side and flicked the alarm clock off.

DeSean: *yawning* Only in my dreams...only in my dreams...

In a few days, at Havoc, the young superstar from North Carolina planned to make his dreams come true. If only his nightmares about what Darkness had shown him would stop...

Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:25 pm
I am bad. I am to blame.

Post Grumble and grunt

WWWMDD?

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:59 am

"So if I take this I'll be able to sleep?"

"Yes"

DeSean eyed the sleeping pills that the physician prescribed to him; he was determined to end his insomnia for good even if he didn't want to go the medication route he didn't honestly have a choice. He was beginning to hallucinate and that "trip" that Darkness put him on was the last straw. He knew the insomnia was bad but he didn't know it was getting that bad.

DeSean: So I take two of these a day before I go to sleep?

Physician: Yes that should cure the insomnia no more than TWO.

DeSean: I get the point, I won't get addicted don't worry

DeSean flipped the bottle around in his hand as he left the locker room, he felt his cell phone vibrate inside his pocket. Looking at the caller id, he chuckled and answered.

DeSean: Yes Ari?

For those who don't know Ari Gold is DeSean's newly hired super agent in that he's part owner of one of the biggest agencies out there in Los Angeles. He's known for his movie star clients and the biggest one being that of Vincent Chase, DeSean is his first client who's an athlete.

Ari: Hey Dman look I got some big news, guess who called me?

DeSean: Who Ari?

Ari: The fucking head honchos at Nike they want to make a deal

DeSean: No shit?

Ari: Yes shit

DeSean: What the hell are they offering?

Ari: 15 million

DeSean: Holy shit! You didn't have to call me to tell me that fucking take it.

Ari: They want you to be the face of their new line of sports entertainment products, DeSean you are a pure athlete that's the why they want to market you.

DeSean: Call them now and tell them I accept, the minute we get back in the states I'm signing on the dotted line.

Ari: All right good but there is one thing

DeSean: What's that?

Ari: Your matches, start winning them or at least look good be impressive in your tag match and the offer might just raise, no pressure though.

DeSean: Yea thanks Ari

DeSean hung up the phone and put it back in his pocket, his day was getting better already but the pressure was on even more. Lose the tag match and risk losing millions of dollars win he's going to be set for life no matter what his life was going to change forever.
(Back in the arena)

Redemption that seemed like the word of the day, the theme of Friction, the theme for all four participants Acid Misfit, Highone, DeSean Blackwell and Darkness. All of them had something to prove, with Dante out indefinitely a pin tonight for either of them would do wonders for them especially for the youngest wrestler in Infinity DeSean Blackwell. This felt like a must win for him to shut up all the critics, this wasn't just another tag match for him and with the upset that Duo and PD had over him and Shadow the pressure was on for him and Highone to get a win. Still though, it was sort of a surprise when Highone proposed that they actually use Drakus as an ally.

DeSean: Are you smoking?...more than usual? We can't trust Drakus!

Highone: Lower your voice

DeSean (whispering): we can't trust Drakus

Highone: I know but we don't have much of a choice, it's complicated I can't really explain it to you. You're going to have to trust me on this dude. When's the house show?

DeSean: Tomorrow

Highone: O.k., Acid and Darkness have to face Jag and Stallion right?

DeSean: Yea, I really have to get them focus for that, they could use a win.

Highone: Ok good...here's the plan...

Highone got close to DeSean and whispers in his ear we leave the two as they discuss strategy and the plan....

(Still in Barnsley for the house show)

The fraternal twin brothers known as Jag and Stallion are stretching out backstage getting ready for their tag match. It may be just a dark show but for the first time ever the two brothers are actually look serious and prepared. Stallion shadow boxes while Jag hops up and down in place while they're getting ready, DeSean walks in.

DeSean: You two assholes look the same way you did when you won the ROH tag titles for the first time.

He gave them both high fives

Jag: What's up?

DeSean: Hell I was about to psyche you guys up but it looks I don't need to.

Jag: We're ready man don't worry about it.

DeSean: Good now remember me and Highone want them both healthy and then after the match I'm going to make Darkness face his past once and for all, no more games with him.

Jag: Why are you so obsessed with that anyway?

Stallion: Yea we're both trying to figure that out, what's the point what leverage are you trying to gain?

DeSean: To be honest there is no point, my only reason is our business is always out there for asshole fans to know but the NHFC they get a reprieve at everything, they get excuses. While me and everyone else gets shitted on for every little mistake in our past. Well tonight the whole world will see Darkness crumble right before they're eyes and I'll be the one standing tall and with these pills I'll be able to sleep peacefully with a clear heart and mind.

Jag: Speaking of clear minds we saw a guy without one, Drakus.

DeSean: What about him?

Stallion: We never got true revenge

DeSean: Fuck him, leave him alone it's a long story. Any other time I would help kick his ass but I can't, tonight.

Stallion and Jag both stood silent for a second, looking a little annoyed DeSean could sense that they didn't really want to comply with his request and he didn't blame them especially for what Drakus did to Jag.

DeSean: Look I know what I'm asking is hard and you two are going to do what you want anyway so I'll say this just be careful and be smart. You have more important things to worry about.

With that DeSean pounded both of their fists and walked out of the room after a minute or so, two new people walked in another tag team that on any other day the Mancini's wouldn't be caught dead with them but tonight wasn't any ordinary night as the Hellions walked in the only thing Stallion could ask was this.

Stallion: What the fuck does Scorpion and Sub Zero want?

Spike: Nice joke, we have an offer that we think will be hard to refuse......

Highone slowly walk down the hallways of the arena looking for Drakus and yes again this was something that he normally wouldn't do. He peeked into each room asking for the whereabouts of the future Special Guest referee or at least his lawyer. He didn't think it would be that hard to find a 6 foot 8, tattooed man but it was becoming difficult. He was close to giving up and saying the hell with it but he ran into the ex convict that's literally ran into the ex convict right when he needed to. Highone stumbled backwards but quickly regain his ground, he got into a stance out of instinct not knowing how Drakus would react. Of course Drakus didn't react well to it as he swooped in and grabbed Highone by his throat and forced him against the wall.

Drakus: If it isn't the man who landed a lucky punch, how are you still feeling lucky?

Highone: Hey I come in peace

Drakus: Bullshit!

Highone: It's true, I was looking for you and I'm not going to get into a fight right before a match!

Drakus looked at Highone's eyes satisfied that he was telling the truth he eased his grip

Drakus: What do you want?

Highone: There's a woman, she's looking for you she claims she's your friend she should be in your dressing room.

Drakus: What's her name?

Highone: Don't know

Drakus eyed Highone and pushed him away, Highone was going to retaliate but he smartened up he knew he was unable to do anything right now except mutter under his breath.

Highone: Pussy

Drakus entered his dressing room expecting Highone to either be lying or some crazed desperate woman who's into pro wrestlers who were into ex cons. Who else could it be? No one from his hometown would travel this far to visit him, hell no one from his hometown would visit him yet this was TCW and anything could happen he's stranger things before and he's been apart of those strange things half the time but he wasn't expecting this. In front of him stood the former love of his life, former because she died years ago and took whatever sane humane part left of him. Even for crazed psychopath Drakus, eyed the woman shocked he began to breathe deeply, speechless only managing to say

Drakus: You...

Drakus closed his eyes and once he opened them she was gone

Drakus: Dammit...oh shit!

The last word came out due to an ambush by the Hellions, Thorne and Spike jumped him from behind managing to kick and punch at him while he was down.

Spike: How ya doing Drakus?

The bigger man of the team Thorne grabbed Drakus and threw him against the wall punching him in the stomach, Drakus dropped to one knee, trying to catch his breath. Spike helped his partner by kneeing Drakus in the face before stomping him again. Drakus began to cough but Thorne and Spike continued, Spike grabbed picked up Drakus and threw another punch but Drakus ducked behind him and tossed him backwards. He then turned and yakuza kicked Thorne. Drakus' little bit of offense stopped though when Stallion and Jag both sprang into the room and attacked.

Stallion: Remember us Drakus?

Jag: I'm going to torture you like you did to me.

The Italian Stallions rushed Drakus at the same time throwing punches, Drakus tried to fight both of them throwing shots of his own but the Hellions recovered and attacked him as well. Sensing that he might actually be in trouble, Drakus fought his way back to a desk that was sitting in the room, reaching behind his back he opened a drawer and pulled out brass knuckle Slipping it on his left hand, he quickly used that hand to hit Thorne who instantly fell on the floor. He punched Stallion in the gut and used his elbow to knock Spike backwards, he pushed Jag away and knocked him down with a shot from the brass knucks.

Drakus: You four are going to wish you killed me.

Acid and Darkness both stood at the curtain, they decided that it would be better to just have both of them enter the ring coming out to Darkness' theme. It would be a good way to show solidarity and unity between the NHFC.

Acid: Let's take these two losers down

Darkness didn't say a word but he nodded his head indicating that he was in agreement with his partner. The consensus was to get in beat the Italian Stallions asses and get out staying healthy for Friction but little did they know they wouldn't have to beat anyone's ass.

A LIGHT IN THE BLACK? OR JUST A FEAR...OF THE DARK...?

The crowd erupts as Darkness's music begins and, on the Twistedtron, an image of the full moon behind dark, scattered clouds appears.

Drakus grabs Stallion and press slams him on the floor as Thorne tries to attack him from behind, Drakus quickly turns around and powerbombs through the desk.

Gradually, it fades and is replaced by the flaming pentagram logo of the New Hellfire Club. Abruptly, the view changes to one of a locker room door with the word ‘Darkness' written on it...

Drakus runs over to a small trash can and throws it connecting at the head of a kneeling Spike

The door opens, revealing Darkness standing, head bowed.

And when I'm walking a dark road,
At night or strolling through the park...

The camera pans out, showing that the door to the locker room is framed by half a dozen members of DanteCorp Security. Darkness and Misfit nods at them and steps out into the corridor, the guards quickly falling into step as the camera follows the two Hellfire club members progress.

Drakus grabs Jag by his blonde hair and drags him out of the room, he picks him up and gives him a nice clean shot in the mouth bloodying him up even more.

When the light begins to fade, I sometimes feel a little strange,
A little anxious when it's dark...

Fear of the dark, fear of the dark,
I have a constant fear that something's always near...

After walking down several corridors, Darkness -escort in tow - has reached the Gorilla position and he pauses for a few seconds as the anticipation of the crowd reaches fever pitch.

Fear of the dark (YOU!)

He hits Jag in the mouth again causing Paul to stagger backward, Stallion tries to help his brother but Drakus turns and kicks him the face. Jag tries to fight back by throwing a weak punch but Drakus hits him again.

The crowd chants in unison with the music: **FEAR OF THE DARK!**

I have a phobia that someone's always...there...

A huge explosion of pyro from the entrance stuns everyone in the arena and, as ‘Fear of the Dark' kicks in; Darkness hurtles from behind the curtain and down the ramp at full speed. The crowd is chanting Darkness's name as, seemingly defying physics, he leaps from the arena floor and into the ring in one smooth bound, driving one fist into the mat and causing the entire structure to visibly tremble, Acid follows in behind him and raises his hands.

Have you run your fingers down the wall,
And have you felt your neck skin crawl,
When you're searching for the light?

Darkness crosses the ring, and ascends the turnbuckle. He roars at the crowd as they cheer for him, soaking up their adulation and seemingly drawing power from it.

Drakus grabs a coffee maker and hits Stallion in the face with it, he then does the same to both Spike and Thorne, he then grabs a bloody Jag and walks him near the entrance.

Drakus: Let‘s go for a little trip

Sometimes when you're scared to take a look,
At the corner of the room,
You're scared that someone's watching you....

Darkness raises his arms above his head.

Fear of the dark! Fear of the dark!

Drakus pushes Jag through the windows who easily falls to the ground with a mic in his hand Drakus addresses everyone in attendance

Drakus: It looks like there won't be a match tonight because this piece of shit lying here, his brother and the Hellions tried to attack me.

Standing backstage were DeSean and Highone who were watching on the monitor

DeSean: What the hell was this your big plan?

Highone: No, dammit! He's going to think we set him up.

DeSean: Look Stallion and Jag are my friends, I can't stand here and watch as they get decimated.

Highone: They already are, I thought you told them not...

DeSean: I did but I knew this could happen, I gotta go.

Highone: DeSean wait!

With that DeSean grabbed his Singapore cane and headed near the entranceway with Highone on his heels, while Drakus still spoke.

Drakus: I'm tired of the games, I'm going to finish this pretty boy off and then I'm going to put an end to you two.

Drakus grabbed Jag and put him between his legs setting him up for the Psycho Driver on the outside just as he lifted Jag up, the fans got louder as a loud CRACK! could be heard. Drakus dropped Jag and winced from the pain but he shook it off and turned. With a pissed off look Drakus reached out at DeSean but felt a cane shot over the top of his head. Drakus dropped down on his knees feeling the shots, so DeSean reared back and threw another shot this time

Drakus grabbed the cane and just like he did days before he broke the cane in half. DeSean rolled under Drakus' arms and slid into the ring standing next to his future opponents. Drakus slowly walked towards the ring and entered. He motioned for the three of them to come at him as soon as he did that the fans got loud again as Drakus didn't notice Highone climbing the turnbuckle, leaping off the top turnbuckle Highone dropkicked Drakus from behind causing him to stumble forward and hit the middle rope. Drakus turned and motioned for all four of them to attack him. As they all stepped forward, Drakus climbed to the outside and grabbed a chair he tossed it inside and rolled back in. Sensing an opening DeSean was the first to rush, he kicked at Drakus and even DDTed him. He then set up Drakus for the Hangman's DDT but Drakus back dropped out of it. Highone was pounced on top of Drakus and threw a couple of martial arts kicks Drakus managed to block of some of them so Acid decided to help throwing in some shots of his own. Drakus fought back with his brass knucks hitting Acid and Highone with his left hand.

He gave them sick looking clotheslines knocking them both down. The fans started to cheer as Darkness stood his ground, Drakus started to breathe deeper and shake his head, he let out a roar and threw a punch but Darkness ducked and landed punches of his own, throwing flurries and getting Drakus confused. Darkness then grabbed Drakus' head and set him up for Darkness DDT but that was countered by Drakus pushing him off into the corner and throwing another punch which Darkness ducked and swooped around Drakus. The fans got louder as Darkness threw more punches and landing them all before Drakus finally hit Darkness in the gut with his left hand. Drakus grabbed Darkness and set him up for a psycho driver but that was stopped by DeSean recovering and superkicking Drakus. The Indiana native fell into the corner, DeSean then grabbed a chair and lifted it up looking to hit Drakus with the fans cheering him on to do it, instead of DeSean turned and hit Darkness square in the forehead knocking him straight out. Boos filled the arena as DeSean posed with the chair in his hand but the celebration was cut short when Drakus grabbed him from behind and quickly nailed a Psycho Driver. Drakus stood in the center of the ring ignoring the boos, he raised his hands in the air as his entrance theme plays showing that in the end he was ultimately in control.

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:38 am
Profile E-mail
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 12 posts ]