[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Stranglehold: Transcontinental 4 Way Ladder Match
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:12 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Stranglehold: Transcontinental 4 Way Ladder Match 
Ticket Taker on the Darkside Express

Post Stranglehold: Transcontinental 4 Way Ladder Match
<center>
"One of the first things Bruce did in his new role is review the record books and he found out that David Hardy never even got a remath when he lost the Trancontinental title, something which must be remedied. Then again two other wrestlers have made a very impressive showing and could also on many levels lay claim to being worth of a title shot against current champion HighOne. Since Bruce knows HighOne so well he knows that the champions responce would be "Bring them on" so he skipped asking HighOne and just went ahead and booked this four way dance for the Transcontinental title. Will Strikmore bounce back from his first loss in TCW?? With Hardy regain the title? Will Drakus even realize the gold is on the line or just go nuts on everyone and will HighOne overcome what could be the biggest challenge to his title to date?"</center>

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:21 pm
Too much time on my hands

*Matt, Hardy, and Drakus plow through the curtains to the backstage area, a multitude of officials between Drakus and the others. Matt and David push against the crowd, yelling and taunting Drakus to finish this. Drakus, against the norm, smiles a sadistic smile of a man that knows something others don't. He walks away, and after giving their assurances of behavior, Matt and David are left to themselves. Matt starts tearing at his wrist tape with his teeth while walking towards a table with various bottles of water and towels and such.*

Matt: Well, I'm glad that's out of the way.

David: What's that?

Matt: That whole first loss thing. They can finally drop that "Who will end his hot streak?!" stuff. Never sat well with me. I mean, it's not like TCW is my first company. Truthfully, I think I'm finally nearing that .500 mark.

David: Regardless, it's a pretty crappy way of ending what could have been a hot match.

Matt: It's not like we were expecting something differant. Just differant variations of a screwy finish. It was a bit surprising to see Drakus do the whole non-violence Ghandi thing though.

David: I guess he figured if he just stayed to himself, one of us would screw ourselves.

Matt: And I was lonely on Thursday night. I was bound to screw myself.

*David laughs, as Matt wrenches back his head, tearing the tape off his right wrist. He pulls it off the rest of the way, and tosses it towards a trash can.*

David: Water?

*Matt looks up and nods. David tosses a bottle of unlabeled water over his shoulder, catching Matt a bit offguard. He juggles the bottle for a bit, before finally catching it in the crook of his arm. He hears David chuckling, and comtemplates hucking the bottle at him, but is interupted by a TCW official.*

Scott: Excuse me, Mr. Hardy? Mr.--

*Matt raises his eyebrow at Scott.*

Scott: Er, Matt.

*Matt smiles and goes back to taking the tape off his left wrist.*

Scott: I have your assignments for the Pay Per View next week.

Matt: Awesome.

David: Payday!

*They both rip into their envelopes, with high expectations.*

David: Awesome, I get a title shot!

Matt: Me too! Rough match though, got to get through three other guys.

David: Me too.

*Matt and David look at each other.*

David and Matt: Mine's for the Transcontinental Title.

David and Matt: Me too...

*David lets his arms drop to his sides, and looks up and to the left while letting out a sighing laugh. Matt looks to the ground and runs his tongue between teeth and upper lip.*

Matt: Drakus and HighOne make four.

David: Well, it ought to make for a hell of a match, right?

Matt: More like a pretty structured one.

*David cocks his head*

David: What do you mean?

*Matt looks at David.*

Matt: Don't give me that, dude. You know what I'm talking about.

*Matt tosses back his head and drains the majority of the bottle of water before turning and walking back towards the dressing rooms. David tosses his hands up and follows.*

David: What the hell are you talking about?

*Matt pushes the door open, and they both walk in. Matt looks around, and makes sure it's only the two of them.*

Matt: Let's face it. This is a RoXXoRs singles match. At least, it's gonna be.

David: Hold up! Are you accusing me of fixing this?

Matt: No, not at all. It's just a matter of how this is all going to play out. Look, check it out.

*Matt sits down on a bench and holds up four fingers on his right hand.*

Matt: You got the four of us. The bell rings. I hate Drakus. You really hate Drakus. And HighOne is going to side with you and help you out, cause face it, no one likes Drakus. Mr. Rogers and Big Bird wouldn't pull over to piss on Drakus if he was on fire. So we take out Drakus first, not because it's planned, but because he's by far liked the least.

*Matt pulls down one of his fingers.*

Matt: So now we're at three. I have no problem fighting HighOne, and I have no problem fighting you. It's nothing personal, you know that. But let's be realistic. It's Matt Strikmore versus the RoxxoRs at that point. You know HighOne is going to expect you to target me, so you two can have a friendly little rivalry. And I can't blame him, so don't get the impression that I'm upset by it. But I see you two, even if it's grudgingly one your part, taking me out.

*Matt pulls down another finger.*

Matt: That leaves you and HighOne to figure out who's the better TC champ. Now, you can't look me in the eye and tell me that isn't, at the least, a very likely possibility.

David: Dude, you're paranoid.

Matt: Dude, I'm a realist. And I don't have a problem if that's how it goes down. I just wanted to be straight up with you that if it comes to that, I'm going to shove your foot down his throat before I go and grab that title.

David: Another possibility?

Matt: No, that's fact. I'm walking away with that belt. It's my chance to prove myself, to make my mark.

David: Make your mark? Earth to Matt! You won the Majestic Tourney! You can go challenge for the World title tomorrow if you wanted! Your mark is made, guy!

Matt: No! I did not win that tourney. I was just the last one standing. Let's be real about this. Go through the list. I beat you and JE cause you bladed. I beat Ghetto because he fell off a scaffold, through nothing that I did. I never beat TI. I just pushed him into a hole when he was distracted. I didn't beat Hammer and Drakus in a three way, the ref just handed me the win for some unknown reason. The only, only wins I have are over DeSean and Drakus. Right now, I'm all illusion. TCW wants to make me someone that can be put on the marque for few shows before they cycle in someone new. Right now, I'm a big, bright, Jerry-Lee-Lewis-singing, great ball of fire. My star is blazing the TCW sky. But I need to find a place to hang my star, or it's gonna burn up. And this is my chance. I can be the guy to win the greatest ladder match ever. Not the guy that, upon closer inspection, won the Majestic Tourney because he happened to be the right side of Fate's coin flip.

*David and Matt stare at each other for a few moments. Their new friendship has been akward at best, as the two get used to one another.*

David: You think about this stuff all the time, don't you?

*Matt leans back and unlaces one of his boots.*

Matt: Only when I'm awake. And I don't sleep well.

David: You know I'm not plotting something, right?

Matt: Yeah.

David: And you believe that, right?

Matt: Yeah, but it's hard.

*Matt points to himself.*

Matt: Realist.

*There's more silence between the two of them. Matt concentrates on taking out his shoe string, one hole at a time. David walks the locker room, kicking an empty water bottle along the floor.*

Matt: If -- when I win, the first title shot is yours. I can't prove my friendship any better than that.

*David leans against the lockers, a lock of hair covering one of his eyes.*

Matt: Besides, I still need to prove to you that I can beat you one on one.

*They both smile, the heaviness of the coversation starting to roll off their backs.*

Matt: I gotta hit the showers. Say hi to "Leela" for me. And tell her to watch out for the loose cables around in the halls?

David: Why's that?

Matt: Just tell her I wouldn't want her to trip.

*Matt laughs to himself and heads back towards the showers.*

David: Trip?

Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:14 pm
Under Carder

Post Sowing seeds

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:54 am

It had been a few hours since Highone had checked into the hotel; just enough time to put away his things take in the cityscape from his balcony while burning a hand-rolled bit of sunshine. His conversation with the Kobeyashi-esque Mr. Pryce had been quite thought-provoking. The slick lawyer had made some good points, something he was no doubt well-paid to do. However, the actual nature of his visit was curious, as the IC/TC Champion knew that kindness tends to come with a price...or Pryce as the case may have been. Why would Drakus' representative be interested in extending Highone his willingness to help?

The hamster-powered wheels in Highone's brain started spinning, his mind racing as it often did after an ample spliff. Nothing came for free in this world, especially when packaged in a hand-tailored suit and Italian loafers. It was unlikely that there was not some kind of ulterior motive underneath the surface of Pryce's well-dressed offer of assistance.

Perhaps the legal eagle had hoped to sow the seeds of dissent between Highone and his long-time friend, David Hardy. It was no secret that Drakus and David had their fair share of run-ins with each other. Not just scrap-fests, but the kind of battles that leave permanant reminders on one's body, one's soul. If Hardy felt Highone was in cahoots with an element associated with the 6'4" monster from Anderson, Indiana, it wasn't a stretch to think the young Canadian would feel betrayed.

Then again, maybe Drakus was feeling the heat from what he no doubt saw as a 3-vs-1 situation. There were his afore-mentioned clashes with David. There was the fact he and Matt were known more for kicking each others' asses than discussing politics with each other over a cup of tea. And, of course, he knew Hardy and Highone were tag-team partners and both members of Infinity. Drakus had about as many allies in the federation, and this match to be more specific, as Keven Federline does around the Spears' Thanksgiving table.

Highone walked over to the nightstand and retrieved Pryce's business card from its surface. The texture of the paper, the black lettering and font, the pearl color...all were exquisite. There was only one way to answer the questions raised by his brief encounter with the mysterious lawyer. He picked up his cell-phone and dialed the ten digits on the tiny rectangular piece of cardstock.

"Hello?"

Highone: Mr. Pryce?

Pryce: Ah, Highone...thought some about my earlier offer?

Highone: Yes, you said I could call you if there was anything I needed while in Athens.

Pryce: Correct...

Highone: Then ask Drakus to pull out of the "Stranglehold" match.

Mr. Pryce's professionalism contained the giggle scratching at the surface of his skin.

Pryce: I'm afraid you have me at a loss. Seems you may have found something I cannot deliver, for my clients are my priority. I could never allow such a thing in the interest of Drakus' future. And, to be quite honest with you, he's not a man who applies reason to many situations. He is hungry for the opportunity to get in the ring with Strikmore and Hardy...and your championship.

Highone: Then you have ME at a loss....though it'll be the only one you or your Own Private Frankenstein are gonna see in Greece!

Pryce: Is there anything else I can do to assist you?

Highone: Hmmmm....no....I guess not.

Pryce: Please don't hesitate to call again. Perhaps I will actually be in a position to help you next time...

The Infinity-ringed right hand of Highone closed into a fist and flipped his phone shut. He let out a sigh of frustration. The IC/TC Champion was still no closer to any answers. Highone muttered to himself that it would be nice to have a friend around to talk it over with, such as a long time tag-teammate, his pupil and protege David Hardy. It also seemed as though the other members of the super-faction were busy with their respective opponents as well, and for good reason given their matches. This whole situation could be attributed to one person...the she-devil in charge of Twisted Championship Wrestling. Yes, perhaps it was time to pay another visit to Ms. Stern to discuss the corporate proposal she'd received in Italy...

----

The Ano Liossa's facilities were nice. They had been recentely remodeled as a result of the Summer Olympics being in Athens a couple of years prior. Valerie sat behind the desk, eyes actively scanning the computer screen in front of her. She was no doubt looking over some quarterly reports or stock lines, a businesswoman to the bone.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Stern: Come in...

The wooden door creaked open, showing Highone to be the visitor. He walked in and shut it behind him.

Stern: I see you learned. Decided to knock this time, unlike you barging in like San Torino.

Highone: Good thing I'm not an "old dog"...although I've definitely buried my bone many, many times.

Stern: Too much information. However, the info I'd actually like is why you're here in my office. Be nice or I'll poke you with my finger...

Highone: Funny you say that. With those salon-treated nails you got, that fingerpoke MIGHT actually hurt. Anyways, I'm here about the next PPV...the one in Belfast.

Stern: What about it?

Highone: Determine a name yet?

Stern: Ahhh....that...well we were thinking "Unlucky Charms"...

Highone: That's magically atrocious.

Stern: But seriously, I understand what you're saying, and the light is fully green at this point.

For the first time since landing in Athens, a large smile began to creep across the face of Highone. Perhaps her mention of the color "green" had triggered a long-forgotten bag of KB.

Highone: That's good news. I'll make sure to spread the word. Full autonomy?

Stern: Yes. Let's hope the buyrate is good...

Highone: If need be, we'll just force S-Mart's employees to order it and Shadow can turn it into some kind of rediculous tax write off. Don't worry about the numbers...

Stern: I'd better not have to worry about ANYTHING.

On the way out of the arena, Highone was so elated at the news he'd just been given that he was oblivious to the world around him. He was about to make some of his closest friends VERY happy. If he'd been paying attention, he might have even noticed the majestic-one, Matt Strikmore, walking the other direction in the hallway towards Ms. Stern's office...

-----

The tiny digital numbers read "5:27". Highone was plopped down on his hotel bed. "5:27....5:27....5:28...." Since returning from the arena, he'd been able to get a hold of Shadow, T.I., DeSean, Hammer, and every other member of Infinity to share his conversation with Valerie Stern....all of them, except David Hardy that was. The martial artist had left a message on David's phone and at the hotel a few hours earlier and still heard nothing back.

All of the sudden, a knock came at the door. Highone got up and walked over to the peephole.

"Speak of the devil..."

He opened the door to reveal David Hardy of all people. It was a weird moment to see a face that had once been so familiar, yet now seemed to almost belong to a stranger. Highone couldn't think of the last time the RoXoRz had been their old selves. Perhaps, as so many commissioners and tag-teams had tried to do before, the dynamic duo no longer existed. Time, opportunity, and life had changed them both. Still, he considered David a brother, and was more than happy to see his old chum in the doorway.

Highone: Do I know you?

Hardy: Ha ha....hey, *SOME* of us have ladies in our lives to look after...

Highone: Yeah, true. Come on in. How is Leela anyways?

Hardy: She's good. She's actually showering and getting dressed right now. I totally plan on "accidentally" walking into the bathroom at some point...

Highone: Never fails! So, you two going out tonight?

Hardy: Apparently we're supposed to have dinner at some little Mediterranean Cafe and then go check out the "Festiva il Lycabettus"...it's some kind of traditional deal here that's supposed to be worthwhile.

Highone: Man, you're a busy guy. Out and about all day and headed that way again.

Hardy: Nah, I've been back for about an hour, so I've been relaxing for awhile.

Highone: Ohhh...

Hardy: So, I got two messages saying you had some news to pass my way?

Highone: Indeed I do. The next PPV...it's on.

Hardy: Really? Sweetness!

Highone: About time, don't you think?

Hardy: Absolutely...

Highone: We gotta get through this match first though. I was thinking that we should be in good shape since Strikmore and Drakus seem to have an intense dislike for each other, while the two of us have a lot of hist-....

Hardy: Sorry to interrupt. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm pressed for time. We have a dinner reservation at 6:00....plus, I'm overdue for my "mistaken" peek. I definitely wanna talk strategy though at some point, so hold that thought and we'll catch up at some point before the show.

Highone: Um...yeah...sure....well you two have fun...

Hardy: Actually, it's a trio. Yeah...we've got a third wheel! Well, not really a third wheel, but Matt Strikmore is going to go too. He's actually a really nice guy.

Highone: I haven't had a chance to really meet him yet.

Hardy: Shit, Highz...I hope you're not pissed about not getting an invite. It's just...well...Leela is worried about me reverting to my old ways if the two of us hit the town...and...well...Matt doesn't really know too many people in the federation...

Highone: Don't even worry about it. The THREE of you go have a good time. I'll be fine.

Hardy: You sure?

Highone: Yeah, it's cool. Talk to you later I guess...

Hardy: Definitely.

A weak high-five was exchanged and the two parted ways. Highone slowly walked over to a wall and kicked a hole in it. It appeared as though perhaps any plans of ganging up against Strikmore and Drakus had gone out the door. The walls of the room seemed to start closing in like a trash compactor in the Death Star. Highone felt like he was going stir-crazy. A breath of fresh air would do him good. And, while he was at it, maybe a few inhales and exhales of another sort.

----

Highone's stroll out into the Greecian night had brought him to one of the world's most famous sites; the Acropolis. He found himself perched on a hillside resting spot taking in the scenery. It was humbling to bask in the presence of one of the birthplaces of modern thought. The ruins of various stone structures, some standing moreso than others, scattered the countryside. The Parthenon was most noticeable along the skyline, as had been its intention when ancient architects decided to construct a great temple to Athena.

Below, to his right, a number of studio lights were set up for what appeared to be a photoshoot. Apparently they were hoping to capture a bit of Ancient Greece along with the sunset. Highone squinted his eyes to try and make out the action. To his surprise, and a pleasant one at that, it appeared as though it was for some kind of swimwear or athletic line. Thinking his luck had taken a turn for the better, the TCW veteran hopped to his feet and started making his way down to the hubbub.

Unfortunately, by the time he made it down to the set, the crew was already wrapping up. It looked as though Highone had missed the "action" and was left with the "lights" and "camera".

*doing his best Ron Simmons impression*

Highone: Daaaaaaamn....

"Hoping to catch a peep?"

Highone: Hell yeah I w-...er...

He turned around and noticed the voice he'd just heard belonged to a good-looking brunette in a bath robe. She was petite, although was tall for your average girl. Then again, considering that she appeared to be the "talent", it made sense. Highone looked around, trying to pick a name out of the air like Verbal Kent in a police station, when he noticed the eight-sided logo on the front of her robe.

Highone: A peep at the photoshoot...you know what I mean. I'm a big fan of UFC. As a matter of fact, I'm also a practitioner of the "combat arts".

"Riiiight...and what do you do?"

Highone: Professional wrestler!

"Hahahahahahaha..."

Highone: Seriously! Twisted Championship Wrestling....have you heard of it?

"Can't say I have."

Highone: Well there goes a few pick-up lines. We're in town for a show. You should come check it out.

"That's okay. I have a pretty busy schedule tonight. Off to some local fair with the crew tonight, another photoshoot coming up out on the Aegean Sea, and a flight back to the States."

Highone: Ah yeah, heard about the festival. Something with an "L" word. As far as checking out the show, I'm sure you can make time if you want to.

"Probably, but I'm not in the habit of spending time with strangers who are sneaking up on a modeling shoot I'm involved with."

Highone: My name is....dang...you're gonna laugh again...just call me Highone.

"You were right...I'm about to laugh..."

Highone: Well, at least I'm not as much of a stranger anymore. I don't even know YOUR name.

"Guess you weren't out of pick-up lines after-all? Name's Rachelle. Nice meeting you Highone, maybe I'll see you around or something if you go to the "Festiva il 'L-Word'". I need to get back to my trailer and get this make-up off so I can look like a normal girl. Take care..."

As the beautiful creature slinked away, Highone couldn't help but doubt that she EVER looked like a "normal girl". His plans for the evening had just been firmed up. And hey, even if he didn't run into the lovely Octagon Girl again, he might even bump into the David Hardy Trio...his fist might even run into Matt Strikmore's eye-socket. But that was neither here nor there. Highone had a festival to get ready for.

Highone: Rachelle, Rachelle...from Milan to Minsk....to Athens.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:48 am
411's Prima Donna

David Hardy and Lita strolled down the sidewalk towards Matt Strikmore's car. Luckily they had managed to push back their reservation to 6:30 to give Lita some more time to get ready. Unfortunately for Hardy, in her infinite wisdom, Lita decided to lock the bathroom door, denying him his peek and giving him a banged forhead from walking into the door that was supposed to be open. Their time together over the past few days had been kind of awkward after that sudden kiss that she had given him in Italy. Neither had mentioned it but it rested heavily on both of their minds. They tried to maintain a steady conversation as they approached their meeting point with Matt.

"Interesting place, Greece..." Hardy said, "Interesting people..."

Lita raised an eyebrow, "You sound so sincere about it."

"Hey, don't get me wrong," Hardy replied, "It's just kinda... y'know... not Italy."

"Well I happen to like it," Lita shrugged.

"Hey! I love Greek people," Hardy laughed, "I'm actually really close to a Greek lady. Her name is Maria... She's cool."

Lita narrowed her eyes, "Dare I ask how you met her?"

"Hey now!" Hardy said defensively, "It was for an interview, that's all!"

"Oh don't give me that crap," Lita said with a smirk, "I know when you see something you want, you get it!"

Hardy shrugged and continued walking. He slowly then looked at her and smile crept across his face.

"Is that so?" he grinned.

"Yeah, it is," she nodded and glanced at him, "what princey wants, princey gets."

She shook her head and kept walking. After nearly half a minute, she noticed he was still looking at her. She blinked a few times and stopped in her tracks, turning to him.

"What are you doing?" she asked, a confused look coming over her face.

"What was the last thing you said?" Hardy asked her.

She bit her lip and thought for a moment, "about you getting whatever you see?"

Hardy nodded and a smile.

Lita's eyes widened momentarily before she stumbled through a river of stutters, "Are you... I... what I.. and... but you... I..."

Then she shut up and there was just silence as the two looked at each other... until Hardy's cell phone rang. They both quickly looked away as Hardy grabbed his phone and flipped it open.

"Hello?" Hardy said.

"Good evening, Mr. Hardy," said a strange but familiar voice.

"Hi, who is this?" Hardy blinked.

"A friend of a friend," said the voice.

"Say what?" Hardy blinked as began walking to Strikmore's car again.

"Most just call me Mr. Pryce," said the voice, "I've been spending the afternoon getting acquainted with your friend Highone."

"Pryce... Pryce..." Hardy thought to himself, "Wait a second! Aren't you that lawyer guy for Drakus!?"

"Indeed, he is one of my clients," said Pryce, "but let's not let court-ordered things like that stand between us."

"Yeah, whatever, I'm done giving a rats ass about him anyway," Hardy sighed, "So what do you want?"

"I'm just offering you the same kind of hospitality that I offered your pal," he said, "I've got alot of connections and what not here in town, so if there's anything you need, just give me a call."

Hardy scoffed, "Did Highone actually listen to you?"

Pryce's voice sounded happy, "Absolutely. He was very outgoing about it. He figured since his friend was more concerned with other things, he might as well find something more worthwhile to spend his time and energy on."

"Don't bullshit me!" Hardy shot, "Highone wouldn't say that!"

Pryce said calmly, "What need would I have to make something like that up? He did seem very upset that you blew him off to spend time with Mr. Strikmore. Speaking of which, he mentioned something about paying your new friend a special visit before you see him. What he meant by that, I don't know, but he did seem rather distraught."

Hardy stopped, "You're joking, right?"

"Mr. Hardy, I'm an attourney," Pryce said, "most of us don't come with a sense of humor."

"Shit..." Hardy muttered to himself, wondering if Highone would actually try and make sure Strikmore didn't make it to the match in one piece.

"Anyway," Pryce said, "I think it should be worth noting that he proposed that the RoXoRz ally themselves with Drakus in order to take out Mr. Strikmore. Judging by his track record since joining the company, he seems to be the biggest threat, wouldn't you agree? Highone certainly did."

A panicked look came across Hardy's face, "Look, I gotta go."

"Very well," Pryce said, "Just remember to call if there's anything you wanna discuss."

"Whatever," Hardy said as he hung up the phone.

With those words, Hardy took off down the street.

"David!" Lita shouted as she chased after him.

"Something's not right..." Hardy said as he bolted down the street.

"What are you talking about!?" Lita shouted at him.

"I can't be sure!" Hardy called back to her.

"What did he say to you!?" she asked as she tried to catch up to him.

"Whoa! Where's the fire?" asked a voice.

Hardy hammered on the breaks and came to a sudden stop. A second later Lita crashed into him and they both landed in a heap on the sidewalk. After a moment, Hardy looked up to see Matt Strikmore looking out of his car down at them. Normally Hardy would cherish the opportunity of having Lita on top of him, but his mind was concerned with other things at the moment. They both got back to their feet and looked at Matt.

"Did Highone see you?" Hardy asked.

"No..." Matt blinked, "was he supposed to?"

"Fuckin jackass..." Hardy said, "I knew it was a lie..."

Matt raised an eyebrow, "Say what?"

Hardy shook his head, "Nevermind... I'm just being retarded."

Matt smirked, "Nothing's out of the ordinary then. You guys gonna get in or should we push back the reservation AGAIN?"

He gave Lita sheepish wink to which she responded by sticking out her tongue at him. The two of them got into the car, Hardy in the passenger seat and Lita in the back. After a few moments of Matt adjusting the cushion under his cut foot, the car pulled away from the sidewalk and went down the street.

"So who was that, and what was said?" asked Lita.

"Ugh..." Hardy said, "Just Drakus' handler bullshitting me. Just regular bullshit to forget about..."

Matt nodded, "Pryce? Charming fellow, ain't he?"

"Oh yeah..." Hardy rolled his eyes, "Apparently he was talking to Highone... Shit, I gotta make a phone call..."

"Say hi for me," Matt said.

Hardy flipped open his phone and pressed number one on his speed dial. After a few moments of ringing, Highone picked up the other end.

"Hey bro, what's up?" Highone said immediately, "How's dinner?"

"Nevermind that," Hardy said seriously, "I wanted to ask if-"

"Man you should see this babe I just met," Highone interrupted.

"Yeah that's great," Hardy said, "Listen, did yo-"

"I think she's with UFC, I ran into her doing a photoshoot," Highone interrupted again.

"Very cool," Hardy continued, losing his patience, "But seriously-"

"Man she said she was going to that fesitval thing," Highone said, obviously a bit giddy, perhaps a bit smitten, "I plan on running to her and-"

"Shut up for a second!!" Hardy shouted.

Everyone in the car looked at Hardy in surprise as he snapped at his phone.

"Christ," Highone said, "Pardon me for be excited. What's so damn important anyway?"

"Were you talking to Pryce today?" Hardy asked sternly.

"Yeah, a couple times," Highone said, "why do you ask?"

"Jesus, you can't be serious." Hardy grumbled.

"What's the big deal?" Highone asked, "Nothing came out of it, just bullshit really. I tried to make it easier for us to win the match by-"

"Listen to me," Hardy snapped, "You better not get any smart ideas. You should know better than to deal with people like him!"

Highone got defensive, "What are you talking about? I'm not dealing with him about anything, I don't see what your damn problem is."

"Well you better not be planning anything with those assholes," Hardy said, "because if you are I won't be held accountable by any consequences."

"Man, you're not even making any sense." Highone sighed, "and I've got more important things to do that to waste time trying to figure out what the hell you're going on about."

"Are you pissed off that I'm not including you in tonight's events or something?" Hardy asked, "Why else would you call-"

"For the last time," Highone muttered, "I don't care that you're going out with other people, it's not like we're dating or anything."

"Then make sure to use your head when it comes time to make any important decisions," Hardy grumbled.

"Whatever, man," Highone said, "maybe you'll be more cheerful with a full stomach."

"Don't you whatever me!" Hardy snapped, paranoid as ever for God knows why.

"Again, whatever." Highone sighed, "Look I gotta head downtown, maybe I'll see you guys there. Until then, enjoy your threesome."

Highone hung up the phone before Hardy could respond. Hardy growled and slammed his phone down into his lap, crossing his arms.

"Trouble in paradise?" Matt asked with a grin.

"Bite me!" Hardy snapped, "Something doesn't seem right..."

"Maybe becase Matt's breaking the speed limit?" Lita asked.

Strikmore hadn't noticed that they were now driving down a long, steep hill and were rapidly gaining speed.

"Yeah... uhh Matt?" Hardy said, "Wanna press the brakes a bit? There's a light coming up."

"I am," Matt said.

The car began to shake a bit as it continued to gain speed.

"Dude," Hardy coughed, "this is fun and all but yeah, brakes..."

"I'm pressing the damn brakes!" Matt shouted.

Matt slammed his foot down on the break repeatedly but nothing was happening.

"Matt, watch it!!!" Lita screamed.

"I'm trying! It's not working!!!" Matt shouted back.

The car screamed through an intersection, passing right through a red light. They narrowly avoided being hit in the side by a semi truck as the car shot down the street.

"The brakes... I think they've been cut or something!" Matt struggled but to no avail.

He grabbed the emergency and pulled back on it, but it just dropped back into position.

"What the fuck!!??" Hardy yelled.

"Do something!" Lita paniced.

"I don't know what the hell is going on!" Matt yelled, "Everything was fine just an hour ago!"

"Oh shit..." Hardy whispered as he looked up.

At the bottom of the hill, a large brick was waiting for them, and approching fast. Matt tried swerving to slow down, but it was no use, nearly causing the car to flip.

"What do we do!?" Lita screamed.

"There's only one thing we can do!" Matt said, his wide eyes staring at the large structure waiting at the bottom the hill, "bail! Get out!"

Matt quickly opened his door and after a quick breath, tucked into a ball and dove out the open door. Hardy watched in shock as his friend disappeared behind him. He yanked at his door handle but it wouldn't open!

"Fucking locks!!!" Hardy shouted.

He flipped the lock open but still the door wouldn't open. He could hear Lita screaming behind him but her voice quickly disappeared. He couldn't tell if she had jumped our or not, his senses were all absorbed by the quickly forming chaos around him. The car shot through another intersection, this time narrowly missing an elder gentleman crossing the street. Hardy kicked at his door but it still would not open!

"God dammit!!!" He yelled.

Hardy then noticed Matt's open door and knew he had to go out that way. He cursed again then attempted to crawl across the seats to the other side, but the sheer speed caused the car to bump and shakes, making it a difficult task. He finally made it to the other side when he looked up to see what was infront of the car.

"Crap..."

The car came to an immediate stop as it's front end folded like an accordion. Hardy felt himself lift off of the seat and fly towards the brick wall ahead of him. The sensation quickly came to a sudden halt as he felt his head smash against the windshield. Instantly, he could see a spider-web like pattern develop infront of him as his head penetrated the glass.

Then it all went black...

David Hardy slowly opened his eyes to see a blurred vision of the night sky above him. Looking down at him were what looked like a group of paramedics. He winced and closed his eyes again as his head pounded fiercly. He could hear what sounded like Lita crying in the distance but he could not be sure. What the hell just happened? Before Hardy could comprehend anything, he went under again...

David Hardy's Title History:

411Fed 2004 Tag-Team Turmoil Winner (RoXoRz) 8/15/04
411Fed Tag Team Champion (RoXoRz) 11/24/04 - 3/2/05
411Fed Intercontinental Champion 3/2/05 - 6/6/05 (Merged with ECF Transcontinental Title)
411Fed/ECF Transcontinental Champion 6/6/05 - 11/28/05
TCW Aftershock Champion 3/6/07 - 5/2/08

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:08 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:35 am
Under Carder

Post In the spotlight

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:02 am

What should have been a night of freshly baked pitas, rich olives, regional wine, and a celebration even the Gods on Mount Olympus would have been proud of had resulted in Hardy, Lita, and Strikmore coming away with injuries of some sort. But for David, the hurt hadn't just been of a physical nature, for the sting of betrayal ran deep. It was a sensation he'd known so many times before in his life. From birth to burial, his life would be one of mistrust. It was one thing for Matt and Jeff to turn their backs on him as a youth, but Highone had been much more of a brother than either WWE superstar.

He'd had David's back since the first day the brash young Canadian stepped into a 411Fed ring, an established champion looking out for some rookie stranger. They'd been slapped together in Tag Team Turmoil and gone on to win the opportunity to take on the tag-team champions. The word "RoXoRz" wasn't even a gleam in the proud papas' minds at this point, and yet their chemistry in the federation was already undeniable. How had they gone from eventually standing tall with the 411Fed Tag Team Championships to this moment now?

The Athenian sidewalks were crowded with tourists and locals, though their actions went unnoticed. Hardy's blank stare out of the window continued as the car took him from the press conference to the hotel. Fortunately this sedan came equipped with brakes. It seemed more likely that Rikishi had been behind the earlier sabotage than Highone, but it was hard to count anything out in the world of Twisted Championship Wrestling. Most likely it had been Drakus or Pryce. Neither man, the bloodthirsty maniac or the ice-cold professional, seemed above such treachery. And, after all, it was the huge man from Indiana who had done a Brock Lesnar impersonation with Hardy's wheelchair. But David was no Zack Gowen, and he would make sure to repay Drakus at some point with his own special sauce.

Lita tapped David on the shoulder a few times to get his attention.

David: Are we there yet?

Lita: David, we've been back for a few minutes. I'm worried about you. Are you sure you're okay?

David: I'm in a wheelchair and feel helpless to protect you...yah, I'm fucking top notch at the moment.

Lita: Sarcasm doesn't help.

David: I...I'm sorry...it's just...my head in spinning...it's no excuse though. I shouldn't snap at you like that.

Lita: I understand, babe. I sense much anger in you...

David: How is it you aren't mad? Drakus left a nice little bruise...

Lita: We don't know it was Drakus, do we? I was blindsided. I could have been Chris Masters botching a double-fist smash for all I know.

David: But you heard what he did to me.

Lita: We'll figure it out later...

David: Actually, I have an idea.

Lita: We don't have enough whipped cream in the mini-bar to make a bikini, so don't EVEN think about it!

David: I can't even THINK about it?

His lips started to curl into a trademark David Hardy smirk.

Lita: Whatever!

Hardy fished his cell phone from his pocket. A phone number becoming all too familiar was dialed.

Lita: Who are you calling?

David: Pry-....Pryce! You answered!

Pryce: It's my phone. Of course I did. Can I help you, Mr. Hardy?

David: What do you know about obtaining time-stamped security camera footage?

----

The setting sun bounced off the waters that had been liquid sapphire a few hours earlier, setting them ablaze into a sea of dancing gold. Thousands of years ago, Greek sailors had met their fate on these very waters as they set out in exploration or trade. Their wares were now a secret locked away in the gulf. The images of a golden ocean and ancient treasures were fitting, for Highone's mood was that of precious things. It was not his signature Infinity ring or TCW Transcontinental Championship etched into his conscious so much as it was the beautiful brunette posing on the yacht's deck twenty feet away.

Earlier, the photographer had been a little too touchy-feely with Rachelle, yet instead of allowing Highone to intervene, the UFC ring-girl waived his assistance off...then proceeded to let the photog know she would throw him into a "Kimura" if he put his hands on her again. Highone wasn't sure what that meant, but the fire in her eyes let him know she meant it. Needless to say, the TCW combatant wasn't the only one to be standing a few extra feet away. The camera had a zoom lens for a reason as it turned out.

As the sunlight disapated, it appeared as though the shoot was coming to an end. The reluctant cameraman took the last of his snaps and called for a wrap. A production assistant promptly brought him a giant tortilla stuffed with veggies and meat, but was shooed away and the staff broke for the evening. Rachelle put on her UFC-embroidered robe and walked over to Highone, who was leaning against the ship's railing, trying to think of something suave to say.

Rachelle: Trying to figure out something cool to say?

Highone: Nah...I was lost in thought about orphans in Africa. It's such a tragedy over there...

Rachelle: Yeah, the AIDS epidemic is out of control in that region.

Highone: Oh? Yeah, I totally agree, although I was referring more to the Madonna situation than anything else.

Rachelle: I see...you ARE a deep-thinker. No wonder you were at a loss for words a second ago.

Highone: Heh, well what can I say?

*exchange of smiles*

Rachelle: You want to talk a walk around the deck?

Highone: Sure.

The two icons of their own respective industries started a leisurely stroll around the ship. Twilight soon became night, illuminated by a full moon and thousands of stars twinkling in the Saronic sky. The boat was headed back for land and the reality awaiting all sea-faring parties aboard the private luxury cruiser. Rachelle was flying back to the States in the morning and Highone had a certain championship to defend in the upcoming days.

Rachelle: So, explain to me what exactly it is that TCW is about. You compared it to a hybrid of MMA and professional wrestling at my earlier shoot, and we never bumped into each other that evening...by the way, what was up with that?

Highone: A friend of mine was in an accident.

Rachelle: I hope he's okay...

Highone: Yeah, as far as I know, he is.

The Transcontinental Champion's phone remained on silent in his front pocket.

Rachelle: Glad to hear that. And your job?

Highone: Okay...imagine you take four fighters from UFC, but add in the element of a ladder or allow them to attack each other with weapons.

Rachelle: I'm not sure I want to. It sounds like organized chaos!

Highone: Bingo. And it pays well too...

Rachelle: Well I think I'll stay outside the ring if you know what I mean.

Highone: Can't blame you. It's not so much that I enjoy the violence as it is the competition. Ultimately, TCW is just a means to an end for me. It pays the rent and should allow me to retire early...

Rachelle: ...if someone else doesn't retire you first?

Highone: Touche. So, what was that "kimura" thing you were going to lock Jean Pierre up with?

Rachelle: It's just a basic submission. The guys are always teaching me things...

Highone: Ah, see, I thought it was a car model...like the Toyota Kimura or something...but your explanation makes more sense.

Rachelle: Maybe I should show you it?

Highone: With pleasure!

He stepped towards her and she grabbed hold of his wrist. After a little twist, Highone could see why something with more strength behind it could be extremely painful. The TCW champ exagerated it some and leaned in closer to the sexy Leah.

Highone: Argh! Can't you show me a "Rear-NAKED Choke" instead?

Rachelle: You wish!

The boat's horn sounded, letting everyone know they were approaching the dock and everyone should prepare to deboard.

Rachelle: Saved by the bell...

Highone: Just call me "Slater" without the dance steps.

Rachelle: Okay A.C.

Highone: What time is your flight tommorrow?

Rachelle: Early. 6:00...

Highone: No fun...so I guess this is goodbye...

Rachelle: Well, supposedly Zuffa is interested in some kind of cross-promotion between our organizations. Maybe I'll see you again once you get back on U.S. soil?

Highone: Yeah, could be.

Rachelle: It really was nice meeting you. Seriously, we'll grab a drink and catch up sometime down the road...

Highone: Sounds good....although...hey...I mean you're already in Athens and we have an event coming up in a few days...why not start the cross-promotion early and have the FAMOUS Rachelle Leah in attendance?

Rachelle: I don't know. It depends what the boss says. Dana 'Fucking' White can be a hard-ass at times...

Highone: Nice nickname?

Rachelle: He uses the word "fu-.."...anyways, you just have to know him. I'll see what the office thinks about your idea. It looks like the yacht is tied up now. I need to go get my stuff and put on some normal clothes.

The "goodbye" hug was like diving into a pool of heaven. Her frame curved in all the right places. Her hair smelled like lavender with a hint of "the beach". Kramer from Seinfeld would have been proud! It wasn't a hips-out friendly hug, but a good multiple-second embrace. Highone had no complaints. There was something about her that seemed "right". He knew he had to see her again, whether in Greece or the U.S.

Highone walked to his rental car and whipped out his cell phone.

MISSED CALLS: 8

Highone: Hmmmm...

HARDY

*click*

HARDY

*click*

HARDY

*click*

HARDY

Highone: Shoot...guess I better go see what's up with David...maybe he and Strikmore got into an argument...

The champ rolled his eyes and headed back to the hotel. He wanted to be there to help Hardy. It's just too bad David didn't seem to be receptive to the concept as of late. Still, the kid was like a brother to him, and he knew that the right thing to do was to go see Hardy in person and assist in whatever way he could.

----

A darkened room was Drakus' only friend at the moment. He was a loner by nature, a tortured soul getting by on a paycheck written in his opponents' blood. Mr. Pryce, who was on his way to update Drakus, was no bosom buddy. Their relationship was business, not personal. Perhaps if Drakus was capable of genuine attachment or trust, he would have appreciated the multiple messes the mysterious lawyer had cleaned up for him, but such as not the case. There was a knock at the door.

Drakus: Come in!

On time as always, Pryce entered the room and greeted his client.

Pryce: How did you know it was me?

Drakus: You're never late.

Pryce: What if it had been your enemies, posing as me?

Drakus: Then the "damage fee" to my hotel room would go up exponentially.

Pryce: Ah, always the same old Drakus.

Drakus: You were expecting someone else?

Pryce: Of course not.

Drakus: So what's the scoop?

Pryce: Two RoXoRz in one day...it's quite an accomplishment I think. Both have solicited my assistance. The plan is working out as I'd hoped it would...

Drakus: We'll see how successful it is once I become TCW Transcontinental Champion!

Pryce: In due time.

Drakus: And the situation with the car's brakes?

Pryce: Still no information...whoever it was, he or she has a knack for counterintelligence and stealth.

Drakus: Interesting...

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:11 am

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:58 am
411's Prima Donna

"Where the hell have you been!?" demanded David Hardy, staring at Highone in the doorway.

Highone shrugged as he entered the room, closing the door behind him.

He spoke in a childish voice, "Sorry mommy, I'm sorry I'm late but I met this real purdy girl and I carried her books home! Pwease don't take away my desert."

"Fuck you..." Hardy muttered.

"So what's the deal with all the phone calls?" Highone asked, "it's kinda creepy in a stalker-ish kinda way."

"Will you cut the smartass bullshit for a minute?" Hardy shouted, "Why the hell do you keep disappearing for long spans of time? Long spans of time when bad stuff keeps happening to me and Lita!"

David didn't notice that he had actually said Lita instead of her pseudonym "Leela" but fortunately it didn't completely register with Highone... or did it?

"Christ," Highone sighed, "I can't leave you alone for a minute without you getting into trouble, can I? What happened this time?"

"Oh! Suddenly the man with all the answers in clueless," Hardy muttered, "In case you somehow haven't heard, someone blindsided Leela at the press conference that you were conveniently absent from, then Drakus nearly dumped me down a flight of steps!"

Highone sat down, "So somehow, with all the officials and security in the arena, Drakus attacked Leela, then almost got you?"

"Did I say Drakus attacked her?" Hardy asked.

Highone raised an eyebrow, "Didn't you?"

"I don't know who hit her," Hardy seethed, "I just know Drakus was the one who nearly threw me down the steps."

"Well since that stuff apparently happened in the same place, wouldn't it make sense that he was the one that did both jobs?" Highone said.

"It would, but who can say for sure," Hardy shrugged, "Where were you, anyway?"

"God dammit, David," Highone muttered, "what the hell is with you and your little buddy Strikmore accusing me of trying to hurt you!?"

"Nobody is accusing you of anything!" Hardy raised his voice, "I'm just asking a simple question!"

"I was with a girl named Rachelle all damn day and if you're so damn paranoid I can call her up if you need an alibi..." Highone rolled his eyes, getting increasingly frustrated with his friend, "I was nowhere near the arena..."

Hardy looked at the videotapes a few feet away from him, "I guess we'll see."

"So how's your foot doing, Matt?" asked Drakus with a grin as he walked with Strikmore and Lita, "last I remember, it was a bit cut up..."

"It's doing well, thank you for your concern..." Matt said through gritten teeth.

The trio entered the festival grounds after several blocks of awkward walking. Neither Lita or Matt wanted Drakus with them, but neither of them were in good enough phsyical condition currently to attack. Matt wanted more than anything to slug the big man but knew it would not do well for anyone, and he didn't want to potentially put Lita at risk. Lita herself was fighting the urge to turn and slap him in the mouth. Drakus was making sure to push all the right buttons to aggitate them even more.

"And you..." Drakus smiled, "lovely lady... what did you say your name was?"

"I didn't..." she growled.

"Oh come now," Drakus laughed, "I think you'd really like me if you got to know."

"Whatever, asshole..." Lita muttered, "you made a great first impression by hitting me from behind..."

Drakus blinked, looking convincingly surprised.

"Someone hit you from behind?" Drakus asked, a smirk growing back across his face.

"Oh, don't give me that bullshit," Lita said, "you're going to get your ass kicked for it too."

"I hate to burst your bubble, missy," Drakus said, "but it wasn't me who attacked you..."

Matt narrowed his eyes and watched Drakus, making sure he didn't get to close to Lita.

"I think Strikmore here will be one of the first to tell you that I prefer to look my enemies dead in the face when I'm attacking them..." Drakus grinned, "Right, Matt?"

"Blow it out your ass..." Matt said.

"My own ass? I'm more interested in this fine piece right here?" Drakus laughed softly, knowing the comment would enrage both of them.

With a smirk, he slowly ran his fingers down Lita's back. With a gasp she suddenly stopped and turned to him. In a moment of uncontrollable rage, she turned and delivered a surprisingly hard slap to Drakus' face. The blow knocked Drakus back a foot.

"Don't you EVER fucking touch me again!" Lita screamed at him.

Matt stepped towards him, "I think it's time for you to leave!"

"Wow..." Drakus said, rubbing his cheek, "didn't know you were so sensitive to stuff like that..."

A grin once again grew across Drakus' face as he looked at the two before him. Almost as if someone opened the floodgates, a large crowd entered the area and began to walk past and between them.

Drakus chuckled under his breath, "Especially considering your reputation..."

Both Matt and Lita stood shocked, looking at their smiling enemy. Drakus stepped towards them with no intention of attacking.

"Wha... what are you talking about..." Lita asked, her voice shaking.

Drakus slowly reached forward and touched her hair. He shook his head and suddenly pulled on it. With a quick yelp, Lita felt her blonde "Leela" wig being yanked off her head, releasing her trademark fiery red hair. After a few stunned moments of silence, she reached at it, but Drakus quickly pulled away.

"Give it back!" Lita screamed at him.

"Drakus! What the hell is the point of all this! Just leave us the hell alone!" Matt stepped between them and yelled.

Drakus smirked and waved the blonde wig around in his hand, "Well, I must say, you look stunningly like Amy Dumas. Or do you just prefer Lita?"

"Fuck you!" Lita screamed.

She charged at Drakus but was quickly restrained by Matt. She struggled to break free but he knew that if she attacked him, it would only be provoking the beast, which was the absolute opposite of what they needed right now. Drakus smirked and stepped back.

"Now what would David Hardy think about Matt Strikmore grabbing his girl like that?" Drakus laughed.

"Let go!" Lita yelled at Matt.

"No!" Matt struggled to restrain her, "you DON'T want to go after him. Drakus, just give her the damn wig back!"

Drakus nodded, "Oh, I'll give it back. But first I want to play a little game... Enjoy the festival."

With those words, Drakus quickly stepped back and disappeared in the consistantly growing crowd. The combination of the quickly darkened sky mixed with the sudden flash of overhead flood lights made them lose the big man quickly. But they knew he was watching them. Always.

Highone yawned and crossed his arms, "So you've gone over each video tape three times and none of them actually show who attacked your girl, do you think anything is going to change for the fourth time? Maybe even the fifth."

"Shut up..." Hardy mumbled as he stared at the TV, "you're not helping."

"Yeah, and apparently neither are these videos," Highone sighed, "what say we just give it up, admit it was Drakus, and go to that festival thing?"

"Wait..." Hardy said softly as he peered closley at the TV.

He saw a shot from an awkward angle, with him and "Leela" just coming on the screen. Hardy slowed down the grainy footage to see a dark blur step onscreen and smack Lita across the head, stepping off camera a split second later. Somehow during those few seconds, the screen went all blurry and the sight was obscurred, just like every other tape. It wasn't for a few seconds that Drakus appeared onscreen and grabbed Hardy's chair, taking it for a ride down the hallway.

"Drakus is bigger than whoever hit her..." Hardy said.

"How can you even tell?" Highone asked, "It's kinda blurry there, dude. For all we know it could be a guy in a bear constume."

"And why the hell is every tape blurred and distorted at that one part? And none of them give a good angle or anything! What the hell?" Hardy grumbled.

Highone thought for a few moments before shrugging, "Probably Pryce fucking up the footage so his boy won't get caught."

"If anything, it's been tampered to protect whoever else was involved." Hardy said, "I'm positive that there's someone else involved, just look at the size difference. He's about your size..."

"Oh joy," Highone groaned, "so I guess you're assuming it was me in there hitting your girl."

"At this point anything's a possibility," Hardy said, "but if you actually showed your face at the arena, maybe all this wouldn't have happened. At least you could have backed up your injured friend."

"Give me a break," Highone rolled his eyes, "you would have stayed with the girl if you were in that situation and you damn well know it."

"Right, right," Hardy scoffed, "and of course you know what I'd do in every situation..."

Highone smirked, "well in most cases you either start hitting people or you act like a huge drama queen. I think this would be a good example of the latter."

"Blow me..." Hardy growled, "what's so important about this bitch you met that you-"

"Hey!" Highone interrupted, "don't call her a bitch man, you don't even know her. She's different than other girls."

Hardy nodded sarcastically, "how so? She didn't put out after knowing you for a few minutes? That is very different! One that actually uses her head God know you sure don't when it comes to women. Well, you DO use at least one of your heads."

"Excuse me!?" Highone stood up and crossed his arms, "Umm, pot, kettle, black?"

"Are you actually going to call this one again, or is just another one to add to the ranks?" Hardy taunted him.

"Man, what the hell is your problem?" Highone asked, still surprised at this retarded turmoil, "And are you really one to talk about relationships? The closest thing you ever had to one was Lita, and we both know what that thing did to us..."

"Don't you dare bring her into this..." Hardy's eyes narrowed as he stood up, "I won't let you say anything bad about her... and if you do, I swear..."

"Look, I'm not trying to say shit about anybody," Highone explained, "but I can't believe you're still all lovey dovey for her after the crap she put us though. It's absolutely-"

David Hardy's hand swung up and stopped open infront of Highone's face, demanding silence. His eyes narrowed and he shook his head slowly.

"She said that you would say shit like this... stop it. Now." Hardy said sternly.

"Who said that?" Highone asked.

"It doesn't matter," Hardy said, "but I guess the broes before hoes rule doesn't come into effect with your new chick?"

"Why are you making such a big deal about this!?" Highone shouted in frustration, "I'm with a girl for a couple days for a few hours at a time and you go nuts, meanwhile you hang out with that blonde chick with no personality for months now without so much as dropping me a line and you're getting mad at me? Maybe you should take a long nap or something, sheesh!"

"Yeah?" Hardy scoffed, "well let's hope nothing bad happens to you when I'm not around to help out... Oh wait!"

Hardy looked down at his watch.

"Sure enough," he said, "I think it's about time for you to run off to the beach or wherever and cream your pants over that special bitch of yours, isn't it?"

Highone quickly reached forward and grabbed Hardy by the collar of his shirt and yanked him forward. He spoke through gritted teeth "Hardy, I've been patient with you for long enough. Now cut this childish bullshit before it gets you hurt."

This was the last thing Highone expected to be doing when he came over, but Hardy was being unreasonable and just plain immature. If anyone could get him to grow up, it was Highone. Hardy just glared back at his tag team partner.

"I think it's time for you to leave..." Hardy said softly.

Highone nodded slowly and shoved Hardy back onto the bed. He turned away and quickly paced to the door. He stopped for a moment before exiting.

"Give me a call when you start acting reasonable..." he said as he left.

Once the door closed, Hardy gave a crotch chop to the door before quickly grabbing the phone.

"Hello?" said the voice on the other line.

"Pryce," Hardy said.

"Yes, hello Mr. Hardy," Pryce said on the other end, "how may I be of service to you?"

"What's the deal with the tapes you sent me?" he asked, "they're pretty much useless!"

"My apologees," said Pryce, "but that's out of my power. I had the tapes delivered straight to you. I can assure you that I never tampered with them."

"I never said they were tampered with," said Hardy quickly.

"Mr. Hardy," Pryce said, "I've been doing this job for many years, and believe me when I tell you, that's usually the case in these instances."

"Right, and you're sure that it wasn't Drakus who attacked Leela?" Hardy asked.

"Leela?" Pryce responded.

"You know who I'm talking about." Hardy muttered.

"I can assure you that Drakus would never do a thing like that," Pryce said, "he may be a bit unstable at times, but he knows better than to attack a woman."

"Then may I talk to him?" Hardy asked.

"Unfortunately," said Pryce, "He's not with me at the moment, he's actually gone to a festival downtown."

Hardy's heart sunk and his eyes widened, "You're joking..."

"Not at all," said Pryce, "We both agreed it would be good for him if he got out and saw the city while he had the chance... Hello? Mr. Hardy?"

Before Pryce could finish his sentace, Hardy was out the door.

"Get out here, Drakus!" Lita screamed into the crowd around her.

"I'm right here..." they heard Drakus' voice say, but could not spot him.

Matt Strikmore had just about enough of the big jerk and was about to take matters into his own hands.

"Don't you enjoy my game of hide and seek, Lita?" said Drakus, his voice coming from a different place this time.

For nearly half an hour now, Drakus had been lurking in the shadows, constantly taunting Lita and Matt. Matt had been able to keep his patience to an extent, though Lita had lost hers a long time ago. She had been screaming for him to come out and was causing quite a commotion. It wouldn't have been such a big deal if she had her wig, but now everyone could tell who she was, something she couldn't afford to reveal. She turned around to look at Matt but he was suddenly gone, lost in the crowd.

"Matt?" she called out.

After a few moments of no response, he finally called back to her, "I'm back here, where'd you go?"

"I'm up near this tent!" she called back, "I can't see you!"

"Just stay there," he said, "I'm coming."

Lita kept her down and took a few steps forward before bumping into something big and heavy. She gasp and looked up to see a smug looking Drakus with his arms crossed, wearing Lita's wig.

"Enough!" she growled, "just give it back, asshole!"

"Aww," Drakus smiled, "but I'm enjoying playing hide and go peek. Don't you like playing with me, LITA!?"

"Shut up!" she snapped.

She suddenly lunged forward and aimed a kick at Drakus' stomach. With a quick, effortless movement, he reached down and grabbed Lita's foot out of the air. He held her in place for a moment before pulling back on her foot, fully extending Lita's legs.

"Tsk, tsk," Drakus shook his head, "caught with your legs spread again, it just doesn't end with you, does i-"

All of a sudden, Drakus felt a foot place against his calf and press forward, brining him down to one knee. Drakus quickly turned his head to see Matt Strikmore standing behind him. Matt pressed down harder, sending a sharp pain through Drakus' leg. Matt then reached around and brought an arm around Drakus' neck.

"This ends here," Matt said with a serious voice.

Drakus weezed at his circulation being cut off, "Is that right?"

With a mighty push, Drakus shoved Lita's leg back into her, sending her stumbling backwards. In the same motion, he elbowed Matt in the side, making him release his grip. Matt took a few steps back as Drakus quickly stood up between them, a more aggressive look taking over his face. Lita continued to fall backwards when she suddenly landed against somebody, who seemed to catch her gently. After a moment of shock, she let out a sigh of relief, thankful that Hardy caught her.
"I know I might be gorgeous, but there's no need to throw yourself at me."

Then she slowly stood and turned in his arms, realizing that it wasn't Hardy. She gasped as she was now face to face and in the arms of the one person she was hiding from most for the past several months.

Highone.

"Oh my God..." Lita gasped, her eyes widened in shock.

Highone blinked, momentarily thinking he was hallucinating, "YOU?"

The two were so shocked to see one another that neither of them could move. They simply stood in place, Highone still holding her. Drakus grinned and was about to make a smartass comment when Matt stepped forward again, looking like he was about to attack.

Everything stopped when a fifth familiar face stepped into the clearing.

"Jesus tittyfucking Christ..." a shocked David Hardy gulped.

411Fed Intercontinental Champion 3/2/05 - 6/6/05 (Merged with ECF Transcontinental Title)

Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:15 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Time froze for a second as all the moment's participants examined their surroundings...

Drakus couldn't help but smile, fully enjoying the the awkwardness of the situation. He didn't care about Strikmore's stare burning a hole through him. The brute was too focused on his other two opponents at Stranglehold. Pryce had kept him informed of the state of the RoXoRz' friendship based on some of the recent goings-on, as well as the mistrust between Highone and the Majestic Cup winner.

Highone wasn't sure how to react. It was like trying to hit two curveballs at once. On one hand, or both hands to be more literal, he had Lita. This was a woman who had almost destroyed the RoXoRz once before at the Dynasty's urging, selling David up the river and trying to seduce Highone in the process. On the other side of the coin was Hardy, standing twenty feet away with a stunned expression on his face.

The fed's hottest rookie, Matt Strikmore, wasn't in a mood for thought or contemplation. He was sick and tired of Drakus' games. The only thing on Matt's mind was a swift beating. He mashed his fist in his hand and prepared to take a step in his nemesis' direction. No individual would stand in his way, lest it be a lost child or fuzzy puppy. Each of which would then promptly be removed, subsequently followed by plunge off Morey's Pier for Drakus. This was Matt's intention and he would see it through so long as blood pumped through his veins.

A local food vendor admired his freshly made hummus, warm pita bread, and other various eggplant-based toppings. He saw what was going on and quickly closed up shop.

Lita and David shared the same expression; one of bewilderment. The formerly blonde-wigged Leela turned to David, her now-firey red hair tossing in the wind. Hardy couldn't help but flash back to the hotel room so many years ago when she had attempted to "blow" it for the RoXoRz' tag-team aspirations. Highone was his best friend, but lately the two hadn't been seeing eye-to-eye on much, and the TC title-holder had admittedly spoken with Pryce. Then again, so had David, but Hardy wasn't in the business of looking internally for things to blame. Confusion quickly turned to rage. The car accident, the sneak attacks, the betrayal....David had reached his limit.

Hardy: PUT HER DOWN!!!

Highone: Su-...sure David...no problem...calm down...I don't know what you're thinking, but it's probably the wrong thing...

Hardy: DON'T YOU TELL ME WHAT IS RIGHT AND WRONG! JUST PUT HER DOWN!!!

Drakus: Oooh...this should be good...

Strikmore: You'd be better off worrying about me!

The TCW Transcontinental Champion allowed Lita to put her feet on the ground and let go of her. He would not give away his belt as easily. The WWE starlet started to walk back towards David who didn't seem to be much more relieved now that she'd been released. His gaze was still fixated on the space in front of him as he started to walk in Highone and Lita's direction.

Highone: There you go....see? No harm done...

Hardy: How could you?!?

Highone: What are you talking about? You have Drakus to thanks for this mess...

David continued his stroll towards the eye of the hurricane. With his intended actions, he would be lucky to not get lost in the storm. Feigning compassion, Drakus stepped in front of Hardy. The young Canadian did not look pleased at his actions.

Drakus: No..David...don't? He's your friend?

Hardy: This isn't any of your business you son of a bitch! Now step out of my way before I Step-Toe Hold you the way out of it!

Drakus: I tried?

The large man with a love for violence stepped to the side and let Hardy pass. His satisfaction was short-lived though, as as fed-up Strikmore flew into the picture and landed a hard knee to Drakus' stomach. The two TCW superstars rolled around on the ground, exchanging punches and kicks. On most days, David and Highone would have jumped onto the pile and proceeded to help Strikmore lay the smackdown to Drakus. But this wasn't most days. The whole trip to Athens had seemingly been filled with rare days, as strange as that sounds.

Hardy: ALL THIS TIME, I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST YOU!!!

Highone: David...seriously...calm down...let's talk this out...

The former, and possibly soon-to-be, Transcontinental Champion stopped when he got to Lita. He cocked his head sideways and slowly turned to her. The look on his face changed from one of anger to one of sadness. She let out a deep breath. Her relief was evident, although she was still concerned about her long-time friend.

Lita: It's going to be allright David...nobody has to get hurt...let's all help Matt out right now and take care of this other mess later...

Hardy: Not later....NOW!!!

With that, David Hardy looked Lita over. A wave of rage hit him. Her red hair seemed to reflect in his eyes. Hardy grabbed a handful of the famous mane and gently pulled her head backwards.

Hardy: So you tried to do it again, did you? Double-cross me?

Lita: Da-...David...I don't know what you-...you're.....you're talking about...

Hardy: Riiiiight...I should have seen it coming...you, always trying to keep me and Highone apart...trying to break up the RoXoRz...to break up Infinity....

Lita: I thought you wanted to go do those things with me.

Hardy: I'm a twenty-something male...you think I want to see the Louvre? You think I want to go to antique shops and check out local wares? I wanted to be with you...not do those things with you...but all along, you were scheming, weren't you?

Amy's eyes started to well with tears. She wasn't sure where this attack was coming from. Her hair hurt and she was scared. Not afraid of any violence, but terrified of the repercussions this might have on her relationship with someone she considered a best friend.

Lita: Never! David....look at me...I would NEVER do that to you again!

Hardy: WHO WAS IT?!? WHO HIRED YOU?

Lita: DAVID!?!?!?!?!

Hardy: Enough talk from me...time for action...YOU need to be the one talking...

David grabbed her tattooed arm and started pulling her towards the roadway. It was not a major thoroughfare, but traffic was steady and moving at quite a pace. She didn't try to pull away, too encompassed with shock to struggle.

Highone: David Q. Hardzarelli!!!

Hardy stopped in his tracks and turned back to his tag-team partner and stablemate. A nearby woman screamed in Greek for police.

Highone: You don't have to do this Hardz. Think about it...

Hardy didn't have a chance to do anything, as he was suddenly tackled by festival security who formed a mass of bodies on top of him while freeing Lita in the process. Highone was face-down on the ground in cuffs in seconds and the fight between Drakus and Strikmore was broken up. All parties involved had elite legal representation and wouldn't even end up spending the night in jail, but each would eventually have a sentence to pay physically or emotionally.

Blood. Betrayal. Baba Ganoush.

And it wasn't even Stranglehold yet...

----

Valerie Stern's temporary place of business had a "principal's office" feel to it before. It stood to reason that all the men standing in there, save Strikmore, had been well familiar with such a place during their stays in public education. Mr. Pryce, of course, was accompanying Drakus and Lita was noticeably absent from either Highone or Hardy's side.

Stern: Would any of you care to say anything in your defense?

Pyrce: My client would prefer to remain silent.

Highone stood quiet, as did Hardy. Neither had spoken to each other since the previous day's encounter with local law enforcement. The silence would eventually be broken. There just hadn't been enough time yet. After all, David had his hands full with trying to deal with the repercussions of threatening Lita and questioning her loyalty. Highone had been busy dealing with his own emotions connected to the situation. And Strikmore was in his own state of shock, not sure who to trust anymore. Hardy had seemed like such a solid individual up until yesterday's scuffle at the fair. Why hadn't he helped fight off Drakus? And more importantly, why did he lay hands on Lita; where did the rage come from?

Stern: If that's the case, then let ME speak. I get a call late last night from a town official who tells me he wants to cancel Stranglehold...that the local people don't want an organization here who employs men who would fight in public, errupting said violence at a traditional festival no less. Your presence in my office seems to imply all four of you know what I'm talking about.

Drakus: Oh yeah, they didn't seem to mind watching gladiators hack each other apart in the Colliseum...

Stern: That was Rome, you twit...not Athens.

Hardy: Burn!

Drakus: You know David, someone needs to shut you up and I think that someone will be me!

Hardy: Sure you can locate me, Magellan?

Stern: ENOUGH! This is what I'm talking about. Let me remind you, gentlemen, I'm in charge of this place. So I'm going to put it to you nice and simple...if any of you lay an aggressive hand on an opponent before the PPV, you're out of the Fatal Fourway at Stranglehold. I am not going to have anyone screw up TCW's overseas business opportunities.

Highone: Just to clarify, when you say "aggressive hand", does that mean I can still headbutt, elbow, and kick Strikmore's forehead? No hands involved...except the round of applause from any observers.

Stern: Don't be a smart ass. Any of you attack each other and it's dark matches for a year. Do NOT put me to the test.

Drakus: Whatever...

Strikmore: You're the boss, ma'mm.

Hardy/Highone: *in a schoolboy-tone* Yes Missssss Sterrn...

Stern: Maybe I should just re-structure the PPV following Stranglehold instead...

Highone: Seriously, we'll adhere to your rule.

Hardy: Yeah, we were just being silly. We're sorry...

Stern: I trust you will all take my advice. That being said, see you fellows in a few days. Make sure to bring your Transcontinental Title, champ...

Highone: *grumbles under his breath*

----

The smell of freshly popped corn adds to the comfort of a cozy five-star hotel suite. The lights are dim and the television is on. It appears to be the pre-fight show for "UFC 65: Bad Intentions". Mike Goldberg and Randy Couture are discussing the ins-and-outs of the championship main events. A few quick cutaway shots show the various sights in the arena. A view the fighters listening to music and warming up; shapely women in bathrobes and spandex shorts; the crowd chattering with excitement. They aren't alone in their "being buzzed". So is Highone. Seven empty red-starred, green-glassed bottles sit in the room's trashcan.

Rachelle: Popcorn is ready!

Highone: Excellent...

Rachelle: You okay there? Look a little glossy-eyed...

Highone: Just a nice little buzz going on.

Rachelle: You lightweight! I drank four of those Heines...

Highone: Whatever! Hey, maybe it's just the beer-goggles talking, but have I ever told you that you're hot?

Rachelle: Easy there, tiger. Have the fights started yet?

Highone: It looks like Mishima against Joe Stevenson is up first.

Rachelle: Should be good...

Highone: Is it weird...you know, not being there?

Rachelle: It's not the first time I haven't been at a fight, so not really...I mean when it comes down to it, I'm getting paid to stay in Greece to attend your match...fully-clothed no less...

Highone: Well, the night is still you-...

Rachelle: Haha, you can stop right there. Ooooh! Time for the show to start!

***halfway through the card***

Highone: So yeah...I guess the deal is that you have a front row seat to Stranglehold and I'll get the same at the December UFC event. Our bosses seem to think the cross-promotion will look good as a response to the recent talks between PRIDE and WWE.

Rachelle: Makes sense...both of our companies come out on top. What better for UFC than to align itself with a wrestling company where the opponents actually fight instead of perform scripted moves?

Highone: I agree. We may be a little more underground than WWE, but it's about the product, not the promotion.

Rachelle: So tell me about you...

Highone: Me?

Rachelle: Your past...what you hope to be your future...stuff like that...

Highone: Need another beer?

Rachelle: No, I'm fine. I'm just interested in knowing about the "mysterious" Highone. You seem like a pretty ni-....OHHHHHHH....wow, Mir just got knocked out cold!

Highone: I see.

Rachelle: I'm sorry. Got excited for a minute...

Highone: Nothing wrong with that.

Rachelle: So yeah, tell me about you.

Highone: Well...

***end of the show***

Rachelle: I'm really glad we got to watch this together.

Highone: It's been entertaining. Damn good event. Tell your boss to be proud. Looks like he's got another huge buyrate headed his way.

Rachelle: Don't tell anyone, but I was glad to see Hughes get KO'd. He's a total prick behind the scenes...

Highone: So what now?

Rachelle: What time is it...

Highone: A little after midnight.

Rachelle: Crap! I was supposed to call my boyfriend back at 10:30 our time!

With that, she excused herself to the bathroom with a cell phone in hand. Highone laid there on the bed, a bottle that had gone from half-full to half-empty resting in hand on his belly. It was perhaps symbolically foreshadowing the night's later events in some ways.

Highone: Boy...friend...ugh...

A few minutes later, a disheveled Rachelle emerged from the restroom with mascara streaked down her cheeks. It was clear the discussion had not gone well. Instead of making the situation more awkward, Highone decided to pre-emptively excuse her for the evening by using the lame "wake up early" excuse. She no doubt appreciated the gesture, understanding his actual intent, and left for the night. They exchanged a double-hug and said their adieus until the TCW Pay Per View.

Highone: Let's see...they had the UFC fight on PPV...I'm sure they have some other kinds of pay-television....come to papa, Spectravision!

----

The early morning sun continued to rise over the landscape peppered with things ancient and modern. Athens was truly a unique town, as were a few other locations in Europe as compared to the federation's normal tour stops. Highone lowered his Ray Bans and admired the beauty of his surroundings. The smells of the large canvas S-Mart tent a few hundred feet away mixed with the fresh November breeze blowing through the hills of the acropolis. He followed his nose through the tent's flaps and saw something else old, but that seemed strangely new; all of Infinity's revealed members.

Sure enough, Hardy stood there mingling with DeSean and T.I. Hammer was talking to a flat digital panel set atop a mechanized-treaded structure. The screen ran a streaming real-time video of the only person not physically there, a.k.a. Shadow. He had other business to attend to, but made sure his spirit was there. He even drank the same brand of champagne being served, along with other fresh fruits, pastries, and various breakfast items.

Highone walked over to the area Hammer was standing in and shook his hand, wishing him luck on his upcoming championship match and apologizing for not being more available. The two hadn't had a chance to speak since their elaborate scheme at Havoc. Mutaaz was more-than deserving of the opportunity. "Hell in a Cell" was no joke, especially against an opponent all-too familiar with the nether regions. Tareef thanked him and joined the other members of Infinity in their discussion.

Shadow: Highone, good to see you made it....casually late as always.

Highone: You know me.

Shadow: That I do.

Highone: I take it you organized this little gathering?

Shadow: I thought it would be good for all of us. Ever since the costly prank against one of my yachts, we haven't had a chance to really get together. Sometimes people have to be reminded of the important things...like friendship...like unity...like power.

Highone: Well done, as always Shad.

Shadow: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to roll on over and see what T.I., Hammer, and DeSean are talking about....you have company anyways...

The Transcontinental Champion, perhaps for only a few more days, turned around and saw his estranged friend, David Hardy, approaching. He handed Highone a mimosa and raised his glass. The two clinked the flukes and chugged the OJ/champagne mixture.

Hardy: I was thinking...we should talk...

Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:41 pm
411's Prima Donna

David Hardy brushed the moisture away from his eyes as he rested his head on the table. Hardy and Highone had momentarily disappeared into an empty locker room, away from the rest of Infinity. They didn't need to feel the drama, nor did Hardy want them to see how much of an emotional wreck he was. All the intensity and uneasiness of the past week took a huge toll on him which all came to a head at the incident at the festival. The truth is he could barely remember what had happened. It was almost as if he somehow switched to a different personality. A more hostile, violent, dark side of him. It came over him like a black cloud, destroyed all his good senses then disappeared once the chaos was all over. It was something alien to Hardy. And it scared him half to death.

"I... I just don't know what happened..." Hardy sobbed, "I'm so sorry..."

"Dude," Highone said, "you've been appologizing for fifteen minutes now! I'm cool with all this stuff, don't sweat it. I think it would be best if we just let it slide. Y'know forget about it."

"But what happened out there..." Hardy sighed, "that wasn't me... You know I'd never go crazy like that! And to hurt her..."

"I know, bro, I know," Highone said as he leaned against the wall, "we've all been under a lot of stress lately, you especially, something like that was bound to happen."

"I'm beginning to wonder if I should really be here. I can't go out there and fight..." Hardy sulked, "I just can't..."

"Sorry to be blunt, man," Highone said, "but you and I both know that's complete bullshit. Nothing has EVER been able to stop you from going out their and fighting your ass off. You can sit and feel sorry for yourself, and believe me, I don't feel much better, but when that bell rights, we both know that you'll be out there climbing that latter. And don't act like that title isn't the most important thing in the world to you..."

Hardy nodded his head slowly and let out a long breath, "Yeah... I guess you're right."

Then there was an almost unbearable silence.

"Besides," Highone grinned, trying to lighten the mood, "This emo crap is your brother's gimmick, ain't it?"

Hardy didn't laugh, instead he spoke right after Highone finished, "Highz, do you remember our first tag team title match? Against the WMDs?"

Highone raised an eyebrow and nodded, "of course. Why do you bring that up?"

"In the end, I walked out of the match, leaving you to be pinned," Hardy said softly, "do you remember why I left that match?"

Highone stood quietly for a few moments, "yeah... I left you that letter."

Hardy looked his partner dead in the eyes, "what did that letter say?"

Highone shook his head, "what does that matter?"

"What was the just of the letter, Highone?" Hardy asked again.

Highone looked up to the ceiling lights and let out a sigh, knowing damn well the subject of the letter, but not really wanting to go back to those times.

"Well?" Hardy said with a long breath.

"It was basically to see what was more important to you..." Highone said sternly, "It was for you to figure out what was more important: the gold, or... Lita..."

"You're absolutely right..." Hardy said, looking back down.

"But that was over two years ago..." Highone responded.

"Funny how things come full circle, huh?" Hardy asked with a half chuckle.

Highone shook his head, "but they don't have to."

Then there was another uneasy silence before Hardy asked the inevitable question.

"Have..." Hardy gulped, "have you heard anything from her?"

Highone turned away and pulled out his cellphone. He shook his head as he looked at the screen. 5 missed calls. All from Lita, who somehow still had his number from years ago.

"No..." Highone said softly, "haven't heard from her..."

Highone didn't like lying to his best friend, but believed that it was best. For the both of them. As nice as the red hair vixen was at times, she just seemed to be bad luck for them. Highone was actually rather suprised that she and Hardy had been together for so long under his nose. It had been several months and while Highone had his suspicions, he thought they were all just silly ideas. But then to have this whole explosion happen. It was just plain unsettling. Almost like too much at once. And now what could be the most exciting ladder match of all time was only a few hours away, and none of the participants had any real time to prepare themselves. Mentally, physically and emotionally.

David Hardy was probably the worst for wear in all three of those categories. With the mysteries and mistrust of the past week weighing heavily on his mind, the car accident and scuffle at the festival still leaving him feeling weak, and the whole ordeal with his best friend and his secret obsession, Lita, still bending his emotions. As bad as those things all added up to be, he still had an ace up his sleeve.

Ladder match.

In the WWE, one of the things the Hardy Boyz were well know for was their ability to excel in ladder matches. Their outcast brother, David, was no different. No. He was different. He was better.

His first singles title match in 411Fed was a ladder match against Josh Mitchell and an absent Shogun. Hardy climbed the mountain, silenced all his critics and became the Intercontinental champion at only 21 years old. The young Canadian, then went to hold that belt, as well as merging it with the ECF Transcontinental title, for nearly a year, something completely unprecedented in a company where the average reign with those titles was a matter of weeks. It was a year ago, almost to the day, where Hardy lost his coveted title in a triple threat match where Highone got pinned.

There hasn't been a day when he hasn't thought back to that fateful event. It was perhaps the first time he had lost faith in his best friend. Of course he knew it was a triple threat with every man for himself, but he was too stubborn to let go of the fact that Highone was one of the reasons he lost his belt. But now things were different. It's like the table had been given a complete shift. Now Highone was the champion and Hardy was one of the challengers. Would Hardy show his loyalty to his friend and stablemate, or would he would he fight to get his title back, by any means necessary?

Only time would tell...

But for now, Hardy was a sobbing mess, and Highone was trying to sort the thousands of thoughts going on in his mind. What would Hardy be like for the match? Should we fight with or against Strikmore? Did Drakus set all this up and what part will he play in the match? Will Pryce somehow be involved? Do I have a fighting chance in retaining? When will I see Rachelle again?

Everytime he thought he had the answers, the questions would change. He just hoped he'd be able to sort them all out before the ladder match that could make or break his career.

Then his phone vibrated in his pocket, breaking his concentration. Still turned away from Hardy, he pulled out the phone, expecting it to be Lita again, but to his delight, it was not.

"Rachelle!" Highone said, in an unexpected moment of happy surprise.

He flipped his phone open and quickly raised it to his face.

"Hello?" he said.

Unfortunately for him, his excitement got the best of him and banged the phone off his cheek. It dropped to the floor and snapped shut, cutting off the call.

"Shit!" he muttered as he bent down.

Hardy glanced up and shook his head slowly as he watched his friend. Highone picked up the phone and cursed to himself. Suddenly it rang again and without looking he flipped it open and carefully put it to his head.

"Hey babe, what up?" he said, his voice suddenly upbeat.

"Hello Highone..." said the female voice on the other end.

Highone's jaw dropped when he realized that it wasn't the current object of his affection on the line, it was, in fact, Hardy's. Highone quickly turned to Hardy to see if his spider-sense had gone off, but he was still looking sulky in the corner, not even looking up again. Highone covered the receiver and spoke to Hardy.

"It's Rachelle," he said, "do you mind if I just step out to take this call?"

Without a look, Hardy raised his arm and gestured him him away. Highone nodded and quickly shuffled out of the lockerroom. He continued away down the hall, far from Hardy's ears. When he thought he was far enough, Highone spoke into the phone.

"Hello Lita..." Highone said, "long time, no speak..."

Sometime later...

Matt Strikmore approached his locker, shaking his head. He had just received another lecture from Valerie Stern. Apparently he was being much too much of a smartass for a rookie and had to shape up. This came as a surprise to the twisted tournament winner, who had after made an effort to be respectful of everyone in the company unless they crossed him.

"Looks like double secret probation for me... joy..." he mumbled to himself.

With a sigh he pushed open his lockerroom door, he nearly had a heart attack. Sitting in the middle of the room was Highone with a smile on his face and and arm raised.

"Jesus!" Matt uttered, "What are you doing here?"

"Just came to talk, so you can put down your dukes," Highone said.

"You'll have to excuse me," Matt said, "after this past week I don't really know what to expect from anyone, it's been a little nuts..."

Highone stood up and laughed, "Yeah, just a little bit!"

"So what do you need to talk about?" Matt asked, wanting it to be short and sweet so he can start preparing for their match.

"I just thought that we kind of got off on the wrong foot, y'know?" Highone said.

Matt smirked, "Maybe if you didn't take my questions so personally, things would have been different."

Highone nodded in complete agreeance. He seemed really positive. Maybe even a bit too positive.

"You're absolutely right," Highone said, "I guess I was under a bit of stress and couldn't really handle it well."

"Well, I guess you did a better job than Dave in that department," Matt responded.

"Oh, brother, ain't that the truth," Highone said, rolling his eyes, "Between you and me, I think that kid's got some serious issues."

"Hey, I don't mean to be a jerk or nothing," Matt said, "but I got a bunch of stuff to do, so is there anything you really need?"

Highone smiled and extended a hand forward.

"I just want us to be able to put all this stuff behind us and forget it all after this whole ladder match is said and done," Highone said.

Matt looked at Highone's hand for a few moments before cautiously taking it, "Yeah... I think that would be a great idea. But remember, this isn't going to stop me from taking your belt."

Highone grinned, "I wouldn't expect anything less from you, champ."

The two smirked at each other for a brief moment still shaking hands when suddenly Highone broke eye contact, suddenly looking over Matt's shoulder with a surprised expression.

"Look out!" Highone said.

Before Matt could break their handshake and turn around, he felt something heavy hit the back of his head. Like a severe anesthetic, Matt almost instantly fell forward, losing conciousness before he even hit the ground. He literally had no idea what hit him. If there was a brightside to this sudden instant, it's that Matt would at least get a decent rest before the match...

"Where the hell is everybody!?" Drakus grumbled, "We've checked both Highone and Hardy's lockerrooms and nobody is around!"

"Calm down," said Pryce, "don't lose your focus, you'll never know when you can get this opportunity again.

The two walked through the narrow corridor towards Matt Strikmore's lockerroom. Drakus took it upon himself to find his opponents but had no luck thus far.

"Why do you need to see them anyway?" Pryce asked.

"I just want to wish them good luck..." Drakus replied with a sick grin on his face.

"Don't you forget what Mr. Stern said," said Pryce in a serious tone, "If you harm anybody before the match you might as well be fired because your career in this company would be as good as dead."

"Pryce," Drakus smirked, "would I do a thing like that?"

"Just for the love of God keep a level head," Pryce said.

"I'll be on my best behavious," Drakus snickered, "here's Strikmore's room, I'll show you."

Without knocking, Drakus pushed open Matt's doorway and stepped into the room. It looked pretty much empty.

"Oh dearest friend, Maaaaatt?" Drakus laughed, "are you home?"

Just then his foot accidentally kicked something on the floor. Drakus slowly looked down to see the lifeless form of Matt Strikmore laying face down on the concrete. Drakus raised an eyebrow and quickly looked back at Pryce, shaking his head.

"Looks like somebody felt the need to break Stern's rules... brilliant..." Pryce scoffed.

"Well it damn sure wasn't me, you can back me up on that one..." Drakus said, looking back down.

"Yes, though perhaps we should exit before anybody gets suspicious," Pryce said.

Drakus nudged Matt's body and nodded slowly. He turned around and was surprised to see a figure in the doorway.

"HEY!!!" shouted David Hardy.

Hardy stood in the doorway staring at Drakus with an angry and expression on his face.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" Hardy yelled.

"Nothin'" Drakus shrugged.

"Neither my client or myself did this, Mr. Hardy," Pryce explained, "we just got here and-"

Hardy suddenly turned and yelled to the group of agents and officials standing at the end of the hallways.

"Hey guys!!!" Hardy shouted with a panicked voice, "get down here, Drakus just attacked Matt Strikmore!"

The officials all turned and began to bolt down the hallway towards them.

"I didn't do shit!" Drakus shouted at Hardy, "I just got here and found him like this!"

"Bullshit!" Hardy screamed and pointed at Drakus, "I got you red handed, asshole!"

"And now you'll be seeing red when I'm done with you, little shit!" Drakus roared, his temper suddenly tapped.

"Drakus!" Pryce shouted at him, "leave him! He's only trying to trick you into getting kicked out of the match!"

"Screw that, this punk is going down!" Drakus said as he approached Hardy.

"He's just trying to frame you!" said Pryce who stepped infront of him.

"Now he's coming after me!" Hardy shouted at the officials.

The federation employees rounded the corner to see Drakus approaching Hardy. Hardy let out a yell of terror and took off running down the hallway. The officials quickly swarmed the huge Drakus, taking him down and pinning him to the ground while a few of them checked on Matt. Drakus struggled to break free, but the hefty workers were too much for him to overpower. They threatened to take him to Stern while he yelled profanities and tried to explain himself.

Pryce shook his head and looked between Matt and Drakus. It didn't take too long for him to figure it all out. He slowly raised his head and turned to look down the hallway. At the far end of it, David Hardy stood glaring at Pryce. Hardy tilted his head as a cocky look came over his face. He quickly raised his hands and quickly chopped at his crotch much like his favorite wrestler Shawn Michaels would. He then smirked and walked out of sight.

"Touche, Hardy," Pryce said under his breath, "touche..."

Pryce didn't see Hardy turn the corner and raise a hand without looking. A second later, another, equally awesome hand lifted up and slapped it in the air. The pair known as the RoXoRz then walked through the arena together, proud that their latest, long-overdue scheme seems to have paid off.

"Don't you just love when a good plan comes to fruition?" Highone smirked.

"It's a beautiful thing, ain't it?" Hardy said, in a bit better mood now.

"Oh yeah, I think this is yours?" Highone said.

He lifted up a black folding chair with a large, head-shaped dent in it. Highone shook his head and handed it to Hardy. Hardy took it and looked at it for a few moments, staying quiet. I'm so sorry Matt, he thought. With a shrug, he tossed it into a large pile of other chairs against a far wall.

"I doubt either of these will keep them out of the match," Hardy said.

Highone nodded, "I never expected it to keep them out of the match. Though they damn sure won't be in the right mindset once they're finally released. They can pretty much kiss their prep time goodbye."

Hardy nodded and spoke softly, "why does it always seem to come down to sneak attacks and tricks in the end?"

Highone shrugged, "because they're effective..."

"True dat..." Hardy said.

It was nice to be finally reunited with his tag partner and best bud. It's a shame this true reunion didn't come sooner. Who knows what havoc they could have wreaked. Highone was just happy that Hardy was able to concentrate on something other than Lita. Highone made sure to not mention Lita's previous call at all, though for reasons unknown. He did want to keep the fed's most exciting duo on the same page, though.

"Y'know, I can't say how this ladder match is going to go..." Highone said, "but I can pretty much guarantee that the transcontinental belt is staying in Infinity."

Hardy smirked and looked at his buddy, "RoX on?"

Highone smirked, "RoX on!"

The two butted fists and returned towards the Infinity lockeroom. Together, nothing could stop them...

Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:10 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Under Carder

Post Maximum insecurity

Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:52 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ]