[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Havoc in the Bahamas: Highone and DeSean v Dante & ???
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:11 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Havoc in the Bahamas: Highone and DeSean v Dante & ??? 
in a cardboard box

Post Havoc in the Bahamas: Highone and DeSean v Dante & ???
Majestic cup match

(Singapore Cane match)

Infinity takes on the world heavyweight champion. Will Dante be able to find a partner for the show, or will he have to go solo against the might of Infinity?

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:21 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
in a cardboard box

"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"

Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
Too much time on my hands

(ooc: the beginning takes place before Dante's post)

DeSean sat in the passenger seat of the black Excursion as Tiffany drove, it was complete silence as Tiffany turned the corner heading back to their hotel. On the surface it would appear that Tiffany was standing beside her man, being supportive but in the back of her mind she was worried. Even though he wasn't winning things were going fine with them in Infinity. Money wasn't a problem for them anymore, there were endorsements and she was getting offers to appear in magazines, and videos. She was with DeSean when he left ROH, she was by his side when he got released by the WWE, DeSean always reassured her that things would be ok but now she knew he had gone to far she had to say something but she didn't know what to say.

DeSean: What?

Tiffany: What?

DeSean: You want to say something

Tiffany: What makes you think that?

DeSean: I can tell, we never have awkward silences even when we're pissed at each other so what is it?

Tiffany: What do you think DeSean? You're "speech"

DeSean: Look I had to get some things off my chest, if you want something so bad you have to take it.

Tiffany: Like you took the ROH belt?

DeSean: Yea

Tiffany: Yea look where that got us

DeSean: Tiff...

Tiffany: No, we're way in over our heads ok? The new commissioner Valerie Stern she doesn't look like someone to mess with. Look you have to call.

DeSean: What? Call who?

Tiffany: Call TCW management and tell them maybe you can still be in the tournament

DeSean: I'm not calling them fuck that shit. I said I was coming back when they made it worth my while.

Tiffany: Call them!
DeSean: No!

Tiffany: This isn't some damn game.

:bzzz: :bzzz:

DeSean's cell phone went off, DeSean looked down at his cell phone he recognized the number it was Stallion.

DeSean: Yea Tony

Stallion: Dude what the fuck was that?

DeSean: Aren't you supposed to be in a match?

Stallion: Oh I already did it

DeSean: And?

Stallion: I lost

DeSean: You lost?

Stallion: Yea, look

DeSean: And you're fine with losing?

Stallion: I'm fine anyway, I'm looking at the Fixtures for Havoc, and you might want to be at the next show.

DeSean: Why?

Stallion: You advanced to the next round, on top of that you have a match against the world champ.

DeSean: Holy shit! Me and Dante finally

Stallion: Yea but it's a tag match

DeSean: Oh

Stallion: You and Highone vs. Dante and a partner of his choice

DeSean: All right that's better, we're getting somewhere, thanks Stallion.

Stallion: No problem

DeSean hung up his phone and smiled

Tiffany: What?

DeSean: Um...

:bzzz:

His phone went off again, he looked at the number and realized it was Highone.

DeSean: Hello?

Highone: What's up?

DeSean: Um.nothin

Highone: We have a match at Havoc

DeSean: Yea I heard against Dante, don't worry I'll be there.

Highone: I'm not worried about you making it, it's how you make it.

Highone: Dude we're not flying we're going by boat.

DeSean: Really?

Highone: Yea the show is in the Bahamas, it'll be more fun to travel that way than in a plane.

DeSean: Ok sounds cool

Highone: We have some things to discuss anyway, first off PD is gone, he didn't quit. There could be a cure for his son, so he left.

DeSean: Ok understandable.

Highone: Plus, Darkness stole his ring

DeSean: Son of a bitch, taking shit that doesn't belong to him.

Tiffany looked at the ROH belt sitting in the back seat
Highone: Yea but we have something for that too.

DeSean: Good, I'll be there. Tell Hammer I said what's up

Highone: Will do

DeSean: Peace

DeSean hung up his phone and said nothing but Tiffany could see the slight smirk on his face.

Tiffany: What is it?

DeSean: Nothing, except get your bathing suit because we're going to the Bahamas on a boat baby!

We go to the present where DeSean is sitting in the RoXorZ hotel room, head down with his cross dangling from his neck. The name of Mansion Fan brought a commotion to the group that he's never seen before, he would be more excited if he knew who Mansion Fan was but he didn't. All he cared about was pinning the champion, getting a pin on the champion meant automatic world title shot, there was no way anyone could argue that he didn't deserve a title shot, not even the Smark fans who continue to say he's useless. Still there was one question that still needed to be answered.

DeSean: Excuse my ignorance but who the hell is Mansion Fan?

TI: He's a legend, a Hall of Famer

Highone: And he's good, damn good.

DeSean: Ok? Should we be worried?

Highone: Yea if Dante finds him what are the odds of that?

Shadow: But we have to make sure Dante doesn't find him

DeSean: So we have to find Mansion Fan first?

Highone: Exactly

DeSean: How do we do that?

Highone: We start by looking in New Orleans, Shadow we're going to need a Private Jet

Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:08 am
Profile E-mail

Highone leaned back in his leather seat and looked back. A few rows back sat DeSean Blackwell, his Infinity stablemate and tag-team partner at Havoc, who looked to be sleeping. It was always a good way to pass time during a flight. A seat over from him sat Tiffany who was captivated by the scenery whizzing by as the private Gulfstream jet made its way from the Keys of Florida to the swamps of Lousiana. Her mind seemed to be elsewhere these days.

The 411Fe....er....Twisted Championship Wrestling TC/IC Champion turned back forward and plucked the cell phone from his pocket. After dialing a series of digits, possibly 1-800-COMMISH, he ended up with the newly birthed federation's newly named head, Valerie Stern, on the other end of the line. It was the first time the two had spoken since she'd taken her position at the top of the food chain.

Valerie: Yes?

Highone: Well if it isn't the person who puts "MS." in coMISSioner....or is it Mrs.?

Valerie: I'm laughing?

Highone: This is Highone.

Valerie: So the caller-ID tells me...did you need something?

Highone: I wanted to talk to you about my match upcoming match.

Valerie: Yeah, you and every other federation superstar. What exactly would you like to talk about? My time is limited.

Highone: Ooooh....you are "Stern", aren't you? MEEEEEOW!

Valerie:...

Highone: Anyways, look...about this Dante match...is it really necessary?

Valerie: Of course it is. How else do you think the company makes money? Pyro didn't buy his original series G.I. Joe action figures by NOT booking matches.

Highone: What I mean, is why not just make me Highone vs. Dante for all the gold? It's not like I haven't ever beaten him one-vs-one. I'm sure you've done your research. Bleeder Championship ring a bell?

Valerie: Of course I'm familiar with that match....as well as the number of matches you two have been in that he's won....tag-team championships ring a bell?

Highone: Hey now, it's still illegal to hit below the belt in TCW, isn't it? Keep those claws retracted!

Valerie: Do you have anything else to ask me?

Highone: Um.....not really, no.

Valerie: In that case, goodb-...

Highone: Wait....one more thing.

Valerie: Yes?

Highone: What are you weari-....

*CLICK*

*DIALTONE*

Highone: Oh well...

The ORIGINAL bad-ass flawed Buddhist flipped his phone shut and tucked it back down in his Polo Jeans' front pocket. The new commissioner was going to be something to keep his eye on, and not just her hind-side when she walked, but in terms of her effect on the federation. She'd already come in and made a number of headstrong decisions. Then again, at least her assertiveness was better than Pyro being too busy playing Nintendo to manage the federation. Under his watch, Highone had helped organize the most dominant faction in any federation's history. Infinity was somewhere in-between a coup de tat and creme de la creme. And, together, they would rule whatever federation's squared-circle they set their sights on. It was akin to the famous line in the Lord of the Rings triology, "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to guide them, and in the darkness bind them." Their Ring of Power was in the center of every arena TCW wrestled in.

Highone looked out the nearest window, noticing the plane was starting to descend. At that exact moment, the pilot came on over the loudspeaker and notified the passengers they had arrived in New Orleans. Tiffany shook DeSean's shoulder, waking him up. The city was not unfamiliar to either member of Infinity. In fact, the afore named 411Fed/ECF had stopped through the Crescent City two shows ago at the Friction prior to Endgame. It had been the site of Infinity's notorious masquerade ball, their first group party, which ultimately was crashed by two members of the Slaughterhouse 5 right before Infinity crushed them like vyrms.

The plane softly jolted as the wheels touched down. It slowly decreased speed, turning a few times before rolling to a stop on the runway. Highone looked back, nodding to DeSean, who responded with with a smile. Both were more than happy to have an opportunity to get their hands on the TCW World Champion, Jason C. Dante. What need was there for seeking out Mansion Fan if the two of them could send Dante packing from the bayou before the champ got a chance to talk to the former federation dynamo?

Blackwell grabbed his duffle-bag from the overhead compartment, also handing Tiffany her Coach purse which was also tucked inside there. Highone grabbed the small leather carry-on seated next to him and followed his fellow passengers who were already heading towards the exit of the plane. The three individuals walked down the steps and onto the pavement. A car greeted them, as would be expected, and they were whisked away towards the city.

Meanwhile, from inside the terminal, two pairs of eyes watched with great attention to detail. From behind dark sunglasses, a champion's pupils focused on the towncar as it turned and exited the runway area. A smile curled on Dante's lips. He turned to Selenia. The two had flown in on a plane arriving 30 minutes before Infinity's private jet.

Dante: Ah, it's nice to still have my Money Inc. 2.0 connections. Turns out it's not that hard to find out where S-Mart company jets are headed when you know someone...

Selenia: Friends in high places?

Dante: Or low, depending on who you ask. I figured Infinity would come looking for me. It makes it much more interesting when the thing you're looking for decides to find you first, doesn't it?

Selenia: Indeed. And what now?

Dante: We'll keep them in our sights. If I can find Mansion Fan, I definitely don't need Highone or the Technician compromising anything. This matter with Infinity is more personal than most people know.

Selenia: What?

Dante: It doesn't matter at the moment. All that matters is that I find a partner for Havoc...no, scratch that....all that matters is I win at Havoc and continue on in the tournament for the Majestic Cup. Our new "leader" might want to stack the deck against me, but she obviously doesn't understand who Jason Dante is. I *WILL* beat Highone and DeSean, tag-team partner or not. I won't have my championship jeopardized just so some commissioner can get a buyrate. I've worked too hard for that.

Selenia: Yes, you have. So, if you are not concerned about having a partner, why are we here looking for Mansion Fan?

Dante: Hey, I'm tough, but I'm also smart. Two-vs-two sounds quite a bit better than two-vs-one, don't you think?

Selenia: Depends who has the two, doesn't it?

Jason smiled.

Dante: That's my Selenia....

The TCW World Champion took her hand and the two headed out of the airport. Highone and DeSean would be heading to Le Pavillion, one of New Orleans' finest hotels on the French Quarter. Not only was it a five-star hotel, and Infinity rolled in luxury, but Dante's sources in S-Mart's accounting department had confirmed the reservation.

----

Back in the car, Highone and the Technician were busy chatting it up, while Tiffany looked out of the car's window, silent. She had been quiet for quite some time. Highone didn't feel it was his place to ask DeSean if there were any problems, though he hoped Blackwell knew he could always come to him if need be. Then again, after Highone's experience with Lita accompanying David Hardy, and her attempted shenanigans at the hands of the Dynasty some years back, the IC/TC champion was more than happy to not see any of his co-horts with a female valet. He felt they always tended to get in the way when it came to federation matters, and as far as enjoying the spoils of the road, why bring sand to the beach?

Highone: Wait, D...you're telling me your first ever piece was a Tek-9 replica like the one Tupac wore in "Juice"?

DeSean: Hahaha...what are you trying to say?

Highone: Just tell me you didn't have his haircut or nose ring.

DeSean: Whatever, man! Oh shit, speaking of Pac, driver...turn up the radio...this is his new single...

Yo...it ain't easy bein a thug with the heart of a poet,
It ain't easy to cheat on yo girl and she ain't gonna know it,
Ya see it's ninety-three, and I still got love for West Side, Cali,
My crew is deep like Infinity's,
Tell me can ya hear meh?
And I ain't mad atcha like D and Tiffany,
They rollin in a car in New Orleans,
Cause it's 1993, and I got love for the streets,
Though I got money like the CEO of S-M-a-r-t....
1993!!!!!!! Tell me can ya hear meh?

Highone: Whoa, did you hear that?

DeSean: Man, I love this beat! Anyways, so okay, enough about music...should we really be worried about Mansion Fan?

Highone: To tell the truth, I don't know too much about him. He actually predates me. I just know his reputation and what the bio Shadow provided has told us. Hopefully his people can find a way to track down Mansion's address. Then again, I guess we could follow Dante, who potentially would lead us there? We could jump them both and layeth the smackdown...

DeSean: But, if we attacked them, couldn't that potentially unify the two of them against us?

Highone: Good thought. Once we get to the hotel, let's do some brainstorming over a nice sticky doob and a few Hurricanes. I'm sure we'll come up with a good strategy. If nothing else, we'll be really faded and can chow down on some beneigts at Cafe Du Mond.

DeSean: That sounds like a pretty fine strategy in itself.

Highone: Just a sec, my phone is buzzing...hello....Shadow?...How's the Carribean...mon?....Good, good! Keeping the hineys cocoa-buttered?....excellent...and the other Heines iced? Red Stripe?....that works for me....I need to learn how to dance anyways.....so, tell me you got the address.....damn....okay....hopefully they'll find something....what about the other matter?....ah ha....excellent....okay Shads, over and out....

DeSean: No news on Mansion Fan?

Highone: Nope, but the other thing is as planned. In fact, they arrived half an hour before us and are following our car right now...

The federation's next champion, as guaranteed by Infinity, smiled back at his teammate.

DeSean: Perfect...

Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:17 am
in a cardboard box

Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:11 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
Linda McMahon

"No, of course not..." something in Dante's colourless eyes told Darkness that the albino's hurt at the accusation was genuine.

"Then why?"

Dante looked around him, taking in his Spartan surroundings - the featureless institution-yellow walls and harsh fluorescent lightning were not favourable to Dante's sensitive skin. "Well it certainly wasn't to admire the décor," he murmured.

Darkness snorted and turned away from the bars that separated him from his long-time adversary. Dante watched the dark figure cross his small cell and stand motionless in the centre of the cramped space while looking out of the window that let only the tiniest amount of daylight into the room.

He would have felt pity had Darkness not stood still unbroken. Dante knew from first-hand experience that the former world champion, while he could still draw breath, would never stop fighting.

"I thought they would've had you handcuffed," Dante said after a few moments.

"They tried," Darkness told him without turning around, "I knocked the first officer they sent in unconscious."

"Ah..."

"They took me out with a few more tazer shots," Darkness rubbed a bicep as he said this, unconsciously massaging a small red mark where, it was clear, the barb of the stun-gun had pierced his flesh, "Snapped on the cuffs while I couldn't fight back..."

Dante waited a few seconds for the man to continue. "And then...?" he prompted after a while.

"And then I broke out of them when I woke up."

Dante tried to make light of the outrageous claim, "I didn't know you included escape artistry amongst your talents, Darkness..."

"I don't." He pointed to a section of the floor with one gloved hand. Dante saw there some fragments of metal that, after several seconds of confusion, he realised were the remains of small links of chain, broken and discarded.

The albino wished he could act surprised by such feats, but he had seen Darkness do far more, even before he understood the true extent of the man's power.

"You still haven't told me why you're here," Darkness said, moving his head slightly as if craning to look around at Dante but still not wanting to give him the satisfaction of providing him with his full attention.

"Would you believe me if I told you I had of way of getting you out of here?"

"Probably. I know your resources are as close to unlimited - whether as businessman or as the Son of Lucifer - as makes no difference," Darkness answered, still not turning.

"And if, having believed me, I told you I was willing to do it, what would you say then?"

Slowly, Darkness turned around. He looked calm still, but the same fire as that which lurked in Dante's very soul flashed in his eyes as he spoke. "I'd say ‘What's in it for you?' of course..."

"That's where the situation becomes more complex," Dante said as he took a step towards the bars of Darkness's gaol cell, "But I need you to trust me."

Darkness mirrored his most hated rival's movements, coming close to the bars so that he and Dante were face-to-face, albeit separated by rigid iron. "Trust you? If it weren't for the fact that I could throw you very far if the need arose, I'd tell you that I don't trust you that much. As it is, I think you get the picture without the need for colourful metaphor."

"I've changed, Darkness..."

"So have I."

Darkness's hand shot out between the bars, grabbing Dante around the throat. The albino's eyes went wide and his own hands flew up to Darkness's outstretched arm in an attempt to dislodge the grip, but with no visible effect. Dante was unable to cry out, but even if he had, it would do no good. His influence had made it possible for the police officer on duty to take a convenient coffee break and there was no one to hear him scream; no one to hear him die.

Except one...

"Do not become another obstacle to me, Dante. I believed we had resolved our issues at Endgame now that we have discovered we are no longer enemies. Do not make me a fool by letting your victory convince you that you have something more to prove. You will not be so lucky next time..."

Stop this!

Darkness's eyes narrowed. It was not the first time he had heard this voice in his mind.

Silence, succubus, he mentally responded.

If you hurt him, I will destroy you, Nightwalker.

You don't have that kind of power - not over me. I am beyond your skill to touch.

Is that so?

Yes.

Something about his unequivocal reply gave Selenia pause. After a few seconds when Darkness did not release his choke, he felt something buffet against him like a gale thrashing at the stone face of a granite cliff. It stopped after a moment and, following a short pause, resumed with more intensity. He allowed it to continue before it finally abated with no effect.

What...are...you...?

"Your apocalypse."

He said it aloud for Dante's benefit. Before him, the albino was struggling to breathe. His unnatural constitution would sustain him for longer than a normal human against asphyxiation, but even the son of Lucifer couldn't hold out indefinitely if denied oxygen. Darkness tightened his grip.

Will you...kill him then?

Selenia's voice in Darkness's mind was weak, as if her power had been rapidly expended.

You cannot stop me. No one can. I am the Herald of Armageddon.

Are you also the Herald of Hatred - the enemy of that which is joyful and pure?

Jason Dante is neither of those things.

A pause.

He is to me.

Her voice was little more than a whisper, caressing his mind pitifully. He suddenly understood that Selenia was drained not just from her attempts to psychically assault him, but from the real intent of her long ranged efforts in the room - she was sustaining Dante in his suffocation, keeping him alive with her own psionic might across a huge distance.

Darkness released his grip, letting Dante fall to the floor in a heap. He heard the world champion gasp as air thundered back into his lungs and Selenia withdrew her rapidly fading thread of power that had saved his life.

"I never met a man who could make a demon care for another living creature," Darkness said slowly. "Maybe you have changed, Jason Dante. Speak your piece."

Dante pulled himself up to a crouch using the bars. Though he had come so close to death, he was smiling as he began to explain his plan to Darkness.

The fans in the arena rose as one to their feet. It was a house show - so they hardly numbered the full complement of Darklings, but it didn't alter in any respect the loudness and ferocity of their unearthly chanting along with the music.

I am the man who walks alone...

The big screen showed a scene from the lobby of the arena. There, entering the building and flanked not by a police escort but by a dozen large men in DanteCorp jackets, walked Darkness.

And when I'm walking a dark road,
At night or strolling through the park...

Highone looked at DeSean. The young man had something approaching dread in his eyes. It was shock more than anything, Highone knew. DeSean wouldn't admit to fearing anything and, despite Darkness's formidable reputation, both men were confident that they were able to beat him.

But even Highone had to admit to the lurch in his stomach when ‘Fear of the Dark' hit. In his mind, he saw the devastation wrought on his stable-mate at Friction. He saw PD's blood smeared across Darkness's chest and the sovereign ring being so unjustly stolen.

When the light begins to fade, I sometimes feel a little strange,
A little anxious when it's dark...

Highone balled his fists. Sudden, unaccountable fear was now replaced by a burning anger. His fury at Darkness's actions at Friction had been placated by the sight of the man being led away in handcuffs, hopefully never to return. But now Darkness was visible on the twistedtron, making his way implacably through the arena with a look of iron determination in his eyes.

PD had bled and suffered, been hounded and pursued by this man, and now they were expected to fight him as if he was just another wrestler wanting to win? Fuck that.

Fear of the dark, fear of the dark,
I have a constant fear that something's always near...

Darkness had reached the gorilla position by now, standing behind the curtain with his unchanging expression. Across the half-empty arena, fans added their own vocals to the Iron Maiden classic as they did in stadia across the globe.

"You!"

The Darklings knew their cue. As one, they sang, their voices coming like a peal of monstrous thunder...

"FEAR OF THE DARK! FEAR OF THE DARK!"

I have a phobia that someone's always...there...

A pyro louder than any Highone had ever heard burst from the entrance ramp, leaving a nebulous blur on his retina and a ringing in his ears that was immediately swallowed up by the roar from the crowd as the faster part of the song heralded Darkness's arrival.

Something primal and wild had just been unleashed. A figure, not too tall or too wide but constructed of nothing but rippling muscle was hurtling down the ramp at breakneck pace. DeSean stood his ground for a second, but shook his head as Darkness approached, rolling out of the ring before his surprise opponent could reach it.

Highone watched, stunned, as Darkness easily cleared the ropes with a single running jump from the arena floor and, moving purely on instinct, dodged a punch that was more like a raking claw from some primitive beast.

The mark on his retina was blinding him, leaving him unable to defend himself. He ducked a kick and rolled down to the mat and out under the bottom rope. Looking up at Darkness Highone curled his lip and knew that, to all the people in the arena, he looked like a fleeing coward.

"Surprised?"

Highone turned to Dante who still stood at the top of the ramp with Selenia at his side. The albino smiled and continued to speak into the microphone as Darkness's music faded. "I'm sorry to lead you astray but, you see, I needed time to put my plan into action - to remove you from somewhere where you might hear the kind of rumours and hearsay that would spoil our fun."

Highone shook his head in disgust. Who was Dante to play with them like this? On the opposite side of the ring, DeSean was looking rapidly back and forth between Dante and Darkness as if trying to reconcile the events he was witnessing in his mind as well as keep an eye on both of them.

"I know what you're asking yourselves," Dante continued, "Why the business with Mansion Fan? Well, it's simple. I had to put the fear of God into you..." he pointed at the sky, "...before I put the fear of the dark into you." And here he pointed at his tag partner in the ring, who stalked the canvas like a caged beast, his burning eyes glowering at the two Infinity members at ringside.

"And how is it, you are no doubt wondering, that Darkness and Dante - Endgame opponents and mortal enemies for over a year now, have been able to put aside their differences and find a common goal? Well, that too is simple." Dante nodded at Darkness and the former champion stopped moving to reach into his pocket and retrieve a small, bright object.

"Recognise that?"

Highone's eyes didn't leave the item in Darkness's hands as he unfastened his necklace and deftly threaded the ring onto it before securing it around his neck again.

"He's going to start a collection," Dante smiled, "And I made it possible - Darkness is just beginning to learn what he is capable of and to what lengths he will go to to prevent people being obstacles in his path. Unfortunately, thus far he hasn't exercised the subtlety necessary when removing such obstructions and this has led him down an unexpected path; the results of which you saw when he was escorted from the ring at Friction."

Darkness folded his arms, allowing his former foe to continue his diatribe. Somehow, Highone suspected that their relationship was still not as amicable as Dante would like the Infinity team to believe and he made a mental note to use that to his advantage.

"He was careless," Dante continued, his voice rising in volume and strength, "But I had - have - the means to ensure his protection. Even law enforcement will bow to the authority of the mighty dollar and, by creating a new branch of my business empire..." he gestured and the dozen hulking figured in uniforms joined him on the stage, "...meet ‘DanteCorp Security'...I have successfully completed a landmark feat in judicial history by transferring the contract to contain and confine a dangerous prisoner from the Florida State Police to...well..." he grinned, "...myself."

Highone gaped at his opponent.

"Darkness is no longer a convict, not in the strict legal definition of the term. From today onwards, according to the terms of the documents signed by myself and the Florida Department of Justice, he answers only to me and my authority!"

Darkness began walking towards the ropes. Ignoring Highone and DeSean, he swung himself down to the arena floor and walked up the ramp to stand beside Dante.

"And, from this day forward, I have made it clear that in TCW arenas, Darkness will have free reign to destroy who he wants...when he wants..."

Darkness smiled as the fans continued to chant for himself and Dante. He held his hand out to his partner and received the microphone from him. With flames glowing in his formerly grey eyes, the dark warrior raised the microphone to his lips and cut his first official promo in his professional wrestling career before he, Dante, Selinia and the new DanteCorp Security team left the stage.

"Gentlemen...you wanted a war? You've got one."

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:55 am
Profile E-mail

DeSean sat in his hotel room admiring the Bahaman skyline, his platinum Cross with Jesus' hand holding it shined in the night. The shock of Darkness being revealed as Dante's partner was gone, the shock had now turned into anger, anger from the fact that he and Highone looked like cowards in front of the Baton Rouge fans. Anger from the fact that Darkness was a Smark darling, anger over what happened to PD and anger that Darkness placed ahead of him for Rookie of the Year. Darkness and Dante are both known for their mind games, by the time their matches happened their opponents had already lost the mental battle. That wasn't going to happen to him, he told himself that he if or when he ever fought them in a match, he wasn't going to show fear. He heard the rumors about his two opponents, Darkness was really a demon hunter and Dante was a demon himself, the son of Lucifer. DeSean held his cross in his hand, he opened up the drawer in front of him and pulled out a bible. Hotels were one of the few places that you'll still find a bible ready to be read, except this bible he held in his hand wasn't the hotels no, it was his own personal copy the New King James Version to be exact. He opened up to the inside cover where it was signed to him.

This Bible belongs to: DeSean Blackwell

PS: Use this bible to teach others and to help you be your own personal light in the world.

A small smile drew across DeSean's face as he turned the page; he was surprised himself about how many scriptures were highlighted how many notes were taken inside the book. Somewhere between the age of 13 (the age he got baptized) to 20 he drew a lackadaisical attitude about his religion and the bible and he didn't know if he would keep that attitude or not.

It took some time but he read all the stories from the Creation of the Earth, to the end of the world, DeSean read it all. From Moses leading the Jews to Israel, to Jesus' Death and Resurrection. He didn't miss a step, and just as he expected there was no mention of Darkness, or a mention of Dante. He closed his bible and put it back in his bag. There was a knock on the door, it couldn't have been Tiffany she had a key and Stallion was at a bar.

DeSean: Who is it?

Voice: It's me Highone!

DeSean: Ok, I'm coming.

DeSean opened the door and let his partner inside, Highone didn't waste anytime letting his feelings known.

Highone: I'm pissed about what happened man, we got screwed.

DeSean: Yea well what can you do? Except win.

Highone: And we will, for Infinity and for PD.

DeSean: About that? What are we going to do about the ring?

Highone: The ring? They think they surprised us but I have a surprise for them a big surprise.

DeSean: Ok? All I know is that I've been asking for this man, I'm ready I want the match to start tomorrow

Highone: I take it you're not nervous?

DeSean: No I'm not

Highone: Not even a little?

DeSean: Hell no!

Highone smiled at his partners over enthusiasm, it's what he wanted to see from DeSean.

Highone: Hey where's your girl?

DeSean: Oh she went to the store, she'll be back.

Highone: Oh I see, store, right. Anyway we have to be at the Nassau coliseum tomorrow, you know do the whole promo thing.

DeSean: Yea, hey what's the latest on the boat? Will we have to travel in a submarine again?

Highone: Oh I don't know, that's Shadow's deal. Talk to him about it, just remember we have to kick MacAvoy's ass when we see him.

DeSean: Hardy can take him

Highone: Yea you're right, also is it me or does Hardy's new girlfriend look familiar?

DeSean: I haven't recognized her, I guess it's just you. So I'll see you tomorrow?

Highone: Yea, tomorrow at the Nassau Coliseum and don't forget.

DeSean: Yea I won't

Highone left the hotel room and DeSean closed the door behind him, he looked at the time and realized it was getting pretty late. If he wanted to make the show, he would have to go bed early. He pulled back the covers on the bed, and got inside. He turned off the lamp and closed his eyes.

The next day at the Nassau Coliseum, DeSean, Highone and Tiffany are all standing backstage waiting to cut their promo. As the cameraman signals, DeSean waits as Highone speaks and talks trash to their opponents. DeSean does nothing, he'll nod his head at some of the comments but that was the extent of it. It wasn't until Highone asked DeSean what he thought, that DeSean spoke.

DeSean: You know Highone, they say we're taking on two powerful men, a "demon hunter" and an albino "demon" himself. Well I did some researching, I looked in the good book and there was no mention of a demon hunter named Darkness, there was no mention of Satan's son Jason Dante. So that tells me right there, that you guys are phony's. That I'm fighting fakes, every fucking thing you've done has been smoke and mirrors. Well I'm not going to fall for it, I'm not every guy you've two beaten in the ring. We don't pretend to be something we're not, let me tell you who I am. I am DeSean Blackwell, I was born in Greensboro, NC. I grew up as a military brat, my Dad was a Marine, and my Mom was a day care teacher. I have a younger sister named Traci, I have a girlfriend named Tiffany.

I didn't grow up in the streets, I'm not a gangsta but I am a wrestler! I am a fighter! You see Darkness you held the belt for 7 months, I can't take that away from you. At one time you were undefeated, again I can't take that away from you. Hell man I respected you, I respected until you stole PD's ring! I'll be honest Cameron and I, we didn't get along but as time went on, PD became family, his wife, his autistic son they were like my extended family.

You think that Infinity is just some stable, no we're family! And you don't fuck with family! You will pay for what you did to PD, you will pay for getting into Infinity's business and you Dante you will pay when you lose your title to an Infinity member. Whether it's me, Shadow, Hammer, David Hardy this man right here (DeSean pats Highone on the back) or TI you will lose your title to Infinity and we will run TCW! Because we're Infinity and we set the standard of what Pro Wrestling is today!

After the promo DeSean, Highone and Tiffany all walked away from the camera.

Highone: Fucking great promo! Damn Tech!

DeSean: Thanks but I have to go take this quick shit can you stay with Tiff for a second?

Highone: Sure

DeSean went into the coliseum bathroom, he went over to the bathroom stall and opened it, lifting the toilet seat up, he opened his mouth and vomit just fell out. DeSean put the seat back down, he ran over to the sink to clean himself, he quickly popped a breathmint in his mouth and he left the bathroom, meeting Tiffany and Highone.

Tiffany: Hey are you all right?

DeSean: I would advise that no one goes in there for like 10 minutes, I'm fine though.

Highone (laughing): Are you sure?

DeSean: Yea, positive.

Tiffany: Your breath smells good

DeSean: What are you talking about? My breath always smells good

The three of them continued walking, until all 3 of them stopped in their tracks.

Highone: Dante, Darkness

Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:17 am
Profile E-mail

As silent as a grey morning fog creeping across some distant shore, Jason Dante and Darkness had managed to get the drop on Highone and DeSean once again, sneaking up while the two Infinity stablemates chatted it up about oral hygeine in an arena hallway. Blackwell instinctively raised his left arm to protect Tiffany, gently pushing her a step backwards and keeping it in front of her waist. The men, as different as they were in personality, were actually fairly similar in stature, basically standing eye-level with each other. From a physical standpoint, the upcoming battle between the four would certainly be evenly matched. Their quartet would produce a symphony of destruction with Singapore Canes come Havoc and it didn't look like size-advantage would play a role. However, what might, were mind games, and in that regard, Darkness and Dante were certainly a few steps ahead of the boys from Infinity.

Darkness: So, face to face at last...no ring to roll out of this time.

DeSean: Look, I ain't afraid of either of you, and I know my man Highone isn't either. You fellas wanted your time in the spotlight at the house show to announce your plans, so we gave it to you. Would've kinda ruined the party if we'd layed you both out, don't you think?

Dante: There's no need for hostitilities DeSean, at least not until showtime, so save your bravado. And, aside from what you're saying right now, I'm quite certain you are both well aware of our abilities when it comes to the TCW squared circle. After all, I don't believe either of you has ever been a World Champion, have you?

Highone: Burrrrrrnnnnn......no, you're right...it's the one championship here I haven't held. And, in fairness to DeSean, it's not every rookie who can sleep his way to the top...

The interested look on Darkness' face twisted into a scowl. It was as if someone had gone over his face with a paintbrush dipped in anger. He wasn't in the habit of being disrespected. The World Championship had been something he'd bled for, put his body and so much more on the line for. Rachel Hunter hadn't handed that belt to him with a smile on her face and good intentions in her heart. Too many more snide remarks, and the TCW IC/TC Champion was likely to be silenced against his free will.

Highone: I kid, I kid....actually, I think it's remarkable you two can work together, given your recent history.

DeSean: Yeah, here...whoop my ass Highone, and then let's hang out and eat a cheeseburger...cool?

Darkness: It won't work. Your crude attempt to planting some sort of troublesome seed won't work. Its beneath us. See, the reason Jason and I sought you out just now wasn't to try and start a fight. It was to thank you.

The two representatives from Infinity looked at each other, confused.

DeSean: Thank us? For what?

Dante: For soldifying a foundation. To coin a phrase once used to sum up America's feeling after the attack a Pearl Harbor, the assault had awoken a "sleeping dragon". You think the flag of Infinity will spread across the federation like wildfire, but in truth, you're only unifying your enemies. As Darkness said in that ring, "You wanted a war? You got one." And the attacks will be brutal...

Darkness: You know what happened to PD. You saw his blood. It wasn't the only red thing of his I relieved him of.

The raven-haired superstar smiled, hinting at the ruby-encrusted Infinity ring he'd taken from Cameron Jones after their match last show.

Highone: Now, now gentlemen. I thought you were here to thank us. In fact, I don't know why we aren't more cordial in general. After all, Dante, you and I go way back, don't we?

Dante: An interesting history to say the least.

Highone: Sure, we all know about Money Inc.'s epic battles with, and against, the RoXoRz....the DVD chronicalling it is available at S-Mart locations everywhere for $19.99...and who doesn't know about the individual clashes between the two of us Jason....originally over the Bleeder Championship, and more recently over the gold I'm still holding. In fact, I'm undefeated against you in one on one competition, but that's neither here nor there. I'm more interested in talking about the things you can't read about in the annals of federation history...

Darkness: And yet look what is spilling out of your mouth...

Highone: Label it how you want, but it's the truth. Just like it's the truth that Dante was once aligned with Infinity...

Darkness: Yeah, I was backstage in Lousiana...I heard. Sounded more like "declined" then "alligned".

Highone: I'm not talking about backstage....no, much more "behind the scenes" than that. In fact, your employer was a founding member of Infinity. He was in on the ground level. Weren't you, Jason?

Dante: What's your point?

DeSean: Ooooh, someone isn't denying something.

Highone: You know, Tech, it's funny...as evil and ruthless as Dante can be, lying isn't one of his fortes. I'm sure he's told Darkness all this stuff anyways. Your boss told you, right? Wait, you're his employee, so he doesn't have to tell you anything. In fact, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up. You guys thanked us....a big "you're welcome" in return...it was our pleasure....so we'll be going now. Seriously, congratulations on the whole partnership thing. I'm sure we'll all have a real blast, what with your attempts at taking down Infinity, and the hijinks therein entailed.

Darkness: I know at least one of your members who has had a good time so far. How is Cameron by the way? Didn't make the trip to the Bahamas, did he?

DeSean: Look, I didn't say shit the first time you dissed my boy, but I'm not going to let it pass this time. You took him out at Friction. Fine. But you keep disrespecting the man, and we're going to fast-forward a week to Havoc right here in the hallway. We're going to settle that score one way or another, now or then.

Darkness: Are we supposed to be scared?

DeSean: Not askin you to be scared. Just askin you to show up.

Highone: And you think I'm scared? I've beaten Stan Deville one on one. Put that in my pipe and smoke it!

Dante: Let's get out of here Darkness. It's obvious this conversation has run its route. We'll be seeing you two again, later than sooner if you're lucky. Make sure to bring your Singapore Canes...

DeSean: I'll make sure to bring a smile too.

No friendly nods or respectul handshakes were exchanged as the groups parted ways. It was a second time the four future competitors had met and no violence had erupted. However, their future was imprinted with a single destiny; to clash in a TCW ring and splinter some bamboo against each others' skulls. All four were perfectly fine with that fate. So, while there was no love-loss between the men, they all knew what path lied ahead. It was also likely that they wanted to be in top condition. Why risk injury when so much was on the line?

As Darkness and Dante walked off, the two talked of the encounter. Neither had been intimidated, which in some ways had been their goal. They were not going to back down to Infinity. Neither was afraid. Both had witnessed horrors far worse than what a collection of mortal men could offer. Still, as the newfound teammates walked in the direction of the arena's exit, Darkness couldn't help but look at Jason a little bit differently after what Highone had said. Had Dante really been that involved with Infinity? The group had established their ability to reveal new members in the grandest of ways. None had predicted their moves so far. Was Havoc their next stage? He decided that, in private, the two needed to have a talk. If they were going to truly work together and defeat Infinity, they needed to be on even ground. Without solidarity, the foundation built from Infinity's treachery risked crumbling.

-------

Highone sat in a standard on-set director's chair, facing a mirror, while a young lady worked on his face with a spongeful of makeup. In true professional form, she worked around the TC/IC champion's arm holding a cell phone up to his ear, where he apparently seemed to be on hold. A few days had passed since his run-in with Darkness and Dante in the arena hallway. As outwardly confident as he appeared, a tiny knot remained in his stomach. The Havoc match originally looked to be a cakewalk. While Dante was definitely a tough competitor, worthwhile of his status as a title holder, a two-vs-one affair involving members of Infinity and weapons did not bode well for the champ's odds. However, with Darkness in the mix, the tables had drastically turned. And, while DeSean's rookie enthusiasm was somewhat inspirational, Highone knew their opponents would deliver on their as-promised war come the show. It was more than just pride on the line. The winners of the match would advance in the Majestic Cup.

The make-up artist continued to work her magic as Highone's anxiety about the upcoming match was diverted back to his conversation on the phone...

Highone: Dubya? Is that you? Man, the White House switchboard had me on hold forever. How hard is it to transfer a call to Europe?

Bush: Yo Highone! Someone needs to talk to Valerie Stern so she can stop this Darkness/Dante shit...

Highone: George, are you talking with your mouthful again?

Bush: Sorry, but these freedom fries are fuckin good. So how the fuck are you?

Highone: I'm good, but there's something I need to tell you. Can you get Condi in a three-way?

Bush: I thought you already took care of that at the last Inauguration Ball with her and Anne Coultier...

Highone: No, no...conference call. Hell, call Rummy up too.

Bush: Why would I get Ted Kennedy on the phone?

Highone: Rumsfield. There is a new terroist organization you guys need to be aware of; Al-MacAvoy...and they just made their first strike using explosives on a yacht full of millionaires...

Bush: Millionaires?!? I don't like the cut of that jib.

Highone: Even worse, the boat was owned by the CEO of a huge corporation!

Bush: Son of a bitch! An attack on big business? I'll get my people on it right away.

Highone: Ah...hey, Dubya, I got another call I gotta take. Get back to your summitt.

Bush: Thanks for the tip.

*beep*

Highone: Cameron?...Good to hear from you...Things are going okay I trust?...Excellent...you got that package...score one for Fed Ex...I assume it fits...ah, well we're actually about to handle its disposal right now...allright, best of luck...continued success....see you when you make it back to the crew...bye.

*click*

Girl: Okay, you're good to go.

Highone: Perfect timing...

He stood up from the chair and exited the trailer housing the makeup station. Highone felt like a new man, and rightfully so. His normal casual wear had been replaced by a black slacks, black shoes, black button-up shirt, and black jacket. A pair of designer sunglasses sat in the coat's front pocket. The young superstar's skin was no longer a golden hue, but a tone far more pale, and his blue eyes now looked more like fire than water.

After walking about a hundred yards, Highone arrived at the makeshift studio set. Cameras were set up in the appropriate areas and the scenery was in place. Infinity had taken one of the villas they'd rented while staying in Nassau and transformed it into, what looked like, a castle's interior. Sparing no expense, cloth tapestries hung on fake stone-brick walls. A black cauldron with dry-ice smoke sat over a glowing firepit. Highone noticed DeSean already on-set, resting against a gargoyle. The Technician was dressed in all black with a black trenchcoat. A long wig of black, straight hair rested on top of his head, replacing the normally close-cut do he typically sported. Also resting against the winged statue was an especially long sword. It was time to stir up the hornets' nest.

Highone: Hey, man....I see they got you in costume and make-up too.

DeSean: Yeah. This takes me back to Halloween.

Highone: Then the mood has been captured. You ready to do this?

DeSean: Well, I'm used to cutting promos, but you know how I role...

Highone: Where's everyone else?

DeSean: Going over lines and getting on their marks....

Highone: Sounds good. Here we go...

Director: Quiet on set. Lights...camera....action

-----

Away from the beaches the Bahamas are so well known for, Darkness and Dante sat inside an elegant office. The two had been researching both Highone and DeSean for the past couple of days. The news of Shadow's yacht being bombed had spread all over the island, so it was safe to say Infinity was busy dealing with that mess, giving the current and former World Champions time to do a little homework on their opponents. Even if the boat hadn't been attacked, with the group's reputation for indulgence, Highone and DeSean would have been smart to stick to sipping mango daquiris than try and pick a fight.

*knock knock knock*

Darkness: Expecting anyone?

Dante: No....and I imagine you aren't either. Someone, would you mind?

A group of DanteCorp security goons walked to the office's door and opened it. A delivery man presented them with a small package of the non-wrestling hold variety. The hired help's question on whether or not they should accept the delivery was answered in confidence. Jason had no fear of anything harmful making its way this close to him. One of his expensive toys would have no doubt detected it. One of the guards signed for it and opened it on Dante's request. Inside was a DVD titled "Lords of the Ring".

Darkness: Don't take this too literally, but I'm AFRAID to ask...

Dante: There's only one way to find out. One of you...pop that in, then all of you leave the room...this is for our eyes only...

A few seconds later, the DVD was in the player, and the security guards left the office. Jason grabbed the nearby remote control and flicked the television on. He and Darkness looked at each other, each letting out a small laugh before a single frame played. Whatever was to come, it no doubt had the stench of Infinity all over it, but neither of them could how a video from the group could be more than cheap entertainment. That's when the "film" started...

***fade in***

Highone (in his best Dracula voice): Goooooood evening....I vant to talk to you for a minute....blaaaah...blaaaaaaah.......my name is Count Highone, but tonight....I come to you as Jason Dante...however, I am not alone...here, everybody....count Infinity members vith me.....vone.....twooooooooooooo.....threeeee......fourrrrr....five......siiiiiix......seeeev-....

The TC/IC champion paced off screen, counting to himself, as the camera panned over to the Technician.

DeSean: And, while he keeps counting, please allow ME to introduce myself...my name is Darkness Blackwell....see, originally I was going to play Dante, but there were make-up issues...anyways, we wanted to take some time to produce this special announcement for you.

Highone: I'm baaaaack....vee, Darkness and Dante...blaaaaaah blaaaaaaah....or as like vee like to call ourselves, "D&D", have been thinking...

DeSean: We'd like to potentially add a third member, maybe "Acolyte" or "Acid" somebody, so we could change our name to "AD&D". However, we rolled a few twenty-sided dice and it turns out that we had to sell orc skins in a tavern instead. Don't fear though...the dwarven ale was MIGHTY fine!

Highone: So, vee got to thinking some more, and realized that there is still this misconception out there that vee are somehow affected by your taking of our teammate's signature ring. In fact, it seems like there vould be some sort of legal issue vith a convicted felon stealing a person's jewelry, but vee at Infinity have been nice enough to not press charges. Do the nerds on the internet report that? Of course not. Anyways, I guess vhat I'm trying to say, is that ve've decided as a whole to move past the theft you committed Darkness.

DeSean: What did I do?

Highone: The real one. You know, vith the smaller sword...

DeSean: I am the last Highlander!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highone: Please excuse my friend. I think he's possessed! This all boils down to a three-fold act. This trilogy goes as follows. First, you have the "Fellowship of the Rings"....Infinity...and, vhile our group forgives the crime of stealing PD's ring, vee cannot forgive your assault on him. You told DeSean and myself that vee united you two against Infinity. Vell you have united our faction even moreso than ever before. Guess ve're even, eh?

DeSean: Second, you have "The Two Cowards". That's you two....sure, we're making a video and sending it to you, while you have shown up in person on two occasions, but it is your fear that has banded you together...not your hate for Infinity. You're afraid of what we might mean to your existence here. Rightfully so, I might add. I mean, if someone from Infinity wins the Majestic Cup, the TCW World Championship is guaranteed to find its way around said person's waist. This is an undeniable truth.

Highone: And finally, vee come to our final act...."Return of the Bling". But first, a small intermission and preview of Havoc...introducing, the Dorklings...

Two slightly overweight goth kids waddled onto screen. Each had a jet black "Fear the Dark" T-Shirt on, matching their fingernails. One of the misguided youths started receiting poetry about a Renaissance Faire, but was quickly cut off by a Singapore Cane to the side of the head courtesy of DeSean. The other one let out a high-pitched shriek and ran off camera, but soon found himself in the clutches of David Hardy and Shadow, who dragged him back into frame, and threw him into a forward-rushing Highone who delivered a Tiger K.O. to the weakling's chest, sending the tubby kid rolling backwards.

DeSean: And now for the main event. You see, you underestimated Infinity when you stole PD's ring. You think we didn't know people would want to get their hands on our rings? We're not amateurs. As you watch this, Cameron is admiring his new limited-edition Infinity ring. Regarding the one you possess...

Highone: Dante, I'm sure you can attest to this....S-Mart's research capabilities are astounding....it's truly amazing vhat a vell-funded project can result in. For instance, their department vorking with miniature technologies is fascinating. You'd be shocked how small they can make a remote explosive device or other form of veaponry. Imagine....if you vill...a small band of metallic substance vith the ability to mix a small amount of neurotoxins and distribute them via chemical combustion in an airbound form. Or, maybe just something vith a standard explosion. I'm sure you get the picture.

DeSean: This isn't a threat. As far as PD's ring, you got us...there's nothing dangerous about it...if there was, I'm sure Dante's people would have already taken the necessary steps for destroying it before any harm was done. The good news is, design flaws aren't had to fix...

Highone: So let's keep things civil, shall vee? Ve'll see you both at Havoc. Vee can all vork out our differences then. But, disrespect Infinity again, and you're running the risk of making things personal. Nobody wants that....especially you two.

DeSean: One last thing...just because PD's ring wasn't designed as a weapon, doesn't mean precautions weren't taken...

Highone: Th-th-th-th-th-th-that's all folks...

The video faded out and an Infinity logo appeared on the screen, followed by what sounded like an "end of tape" tone.

*BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.........*

Darkness: That...was...um...interesting?

Dante: Were we supposed to get mad? I hope not. If so, attempt failed.

*...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.....*

Darkness: Let them think they've gotten to us. Who cares, right? Their overconfidence will ultimately be their downfall.

Dante: It always is when any one group feels as though its risen to dominance. The same was true in the days of Rome. The same is true now regarding Infinity.

*.....EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.......*

Darkness: Is that thing still going? Apparently S-Mart's "miniature weaponry" facility gets a little more funding than its media department.

Dante: Hmmm....that's not how Shadow works...something about the r-......Darkness...your necklace...something about the pitch of the sound coming from the DVD.....

By the time Dante turned off the television, it was already too late. Darkness removed the chain from around his neck. The Infinity ring had gone from a polished gold to a pale ashen color. The rubies still remained in the shape of an infinity sign, but the gold had definitely warped into some other kind of material. Darkness softly took the circle between his thumb and forefinger. However delicate his grip, it didn't matter. The band crumbled into powder, leaving nothing but a few tiny rubies and a tiny microchip. The look on his face said it all.

The ring might have just slipped through his fingers. Highone and DeSean woudn't have such an easy time.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:44 am
Linda McMahon

Dante curled his lip as he swirled the whiskey around in its glass and squinted towards the far end of the room where his two closest confidants lounged. Though the blinds were drawn on the hotel suite's windows, blocking out the bright light of the afternoon sun in Nassau, a little of the tropical glare still crept in, much to Dante's discomfort.

"They are not the force they advertised," he summarised.

Acolyte smiled as he stood up. The big man looked comfortable in his loose-fitting white suit with his hair tied neatly back - Dante had insisted on overhauling his entire wardrobe as soon as possible. The white-clad trio all preferred to stay in the shadowy, air-conditioned room during their stay in the Bahamas - Acolyte's blonde hair was dyed, but he was naturally pale and burnt easily. Selenia was similarly predisposed to the harmful effects of UV radiation but, of course, her disdain for sunlight had other, more mysterious origins. Dante's large henchman crossed over to the mini-bar and pulled out a bottle of fine, German lager.

Dante noted that his bodyguard was becoming very used to his position and the material advantages it afforded him. He had not failed to observe how Acolyte was not booked for the coming show, claiming his duties as Dante's bodyguard prevented him from wrestling. Nonetheless, Dante knew his work-shy associate would come into his own soon enough.

Acolyte took a large swig of the beer before he began to talk, "You're not too worried then, Jas'?"

Dante shook his head, "Not yet, though they have resources at their disposal that give me pause for thought..."

"Such as?"

"Such as Shadow, in a word," Dante replied shortly as he stood up and began pacing the room. He put down his glass and tapped his lip for a few moments, deep in thought.

"What's troubling you?" Selenia asked after a few seconds. She had no need to really ask Dante anything out loud, but the two tended to stick to verbal communication for the benefit of Acolyte when he was around - it took a special mind even to receive their telepathic communications, let alone reply. That Darkness seemed effortlessly capable of both had been something of a shock, Selenia told him, not to mention his apparent imperviousness to her psionic onslaught.

"They simply confuse me," Dante said after a moment's thought and with a heavy sigh as he lounged against the mantelpiece above the palatial suite's huge fire that had almost certainly never been lit. Ironically, despite the weather, the room was probably currently in the perfect state to put it to use as the air conditioning was cranked high enough to cause the breath of all three inhabitants of the suite to mist slightly.

"How so?" Selenia asked.

"Their behaviour is contradictory; erratic, even."

"You're referring to DeSean's promo?" Selenia surmised, again for the benefit of Acolyte as she'd already felt the image of the event form in Dante's mind.

"Huh?" Acolyte interrupted, failing to follow the conversation between the two perfectly attuned individuals.

Dante smiled, "He did a smart thing - who knows where he got wind of rumours about myself and Darkness, though I assume Shadow was involved in it again, but he went directly to the source...or the source as he perceives it."

Acolyte looked slightly uncomfortable with the discussion but Dante's reassuring nod alleviated his fears, "Forgive me, Cordazer, I know how important your faith is to you and it's part of the reason I hired you but you must understand that my...unique...parentage gives me a very special insight into spiritual matters."

Leaving the matter at that, he returned his attention to Selenia, "He read cover to cover," Dante continued, "And found nothing, which is to be understood, not only due to poor translations and cryptic remarks by only semi-reputable sources that, at best, are a thousand years old and in most cases much older."

"So where's the problem, Jason?" the succubus asked, a frown on her flawless brow.

"The problem is that, if he looks hard enough, he will find what he's looking for..."

"But how does that hurt our cause?"

Dante smiled, but there was little humour in his eyes, "We've already managed to bring one holy warrior into the fold - do you really want to be fighting another?"

The would-be solider of God was not, at that point, doing what Jesus would do. Or maybe he was, depending on what books you picked up in your last stop at the airport. With a grunt of exertion followed by a deep sigh, DeSean rolled onto his back and took several deep breaths. Sweat slicked his muscular torso and the sheets wrapped around his naked limbs.

"I hate the fucking heat..."

Tiffany moved closer to him, her own body slick with perspiration. She smiled at him as he turned to her and grinned. "What?" he asked her.

"I like it."

"The heat?"

"Yeah - you don't usually want to do things like that in the middle of the day. Must be the heat."

He laughed shortly before rolling out of the bed, letting his feet find the cool marble floor of the hotel room in the semi-darkness. Like Dante, DeSean and Tiffany had lowered their blinds, but for rather different reasons.

"The heat, sure," he said, "But I'm feeling kind of tense too."

"Aww, baby." Tiffany sat up in the bed and shuffled towards him, placing her supple hands on his broad shoulders, "You're all knotted up..."

He nodded. "Damn match has got me wound up like a spring," he muttered. He looked down at himself and took his cross pendant in his hands, staring at it for a long moment. It was a little odd that he wore it while making love, he supposed, but like most modern Christians, he tended to hold onto the general intent of his faith rather than following it to the letter.

DeSean would admit only to himself the nervousness he was feeling as Havoc approached. He felt like an empire defending barbarian hordes on two fronts, each a thousand miles apart but commanded by the same general.

On the one hand, he knew perfectly well that he was one of the most promising talents to emerge in the now-TCW in recent years. The internet fans could say what they wanted, he'd made his mark, even if he hadn't quite yet found his niche. That's where Infinity had come in of course.

He glanced at the ring that sat on the bedside table, the ruby lazy-eight facing away from the bed. He chose not to wear it while he and Tiffany had sex not because of some sense of propriety but rather because he half-thought Shadow might have put a camera in the damn thing...

Infinity was not what concerned him now, however. Rather, he knew he was in very real danger of being outclassed in the ring, even with the Transcontinental Champion by his side. Dante was the World Champion, simple as, and Darkness...well...belts or not, the list of men who had beaten him took less than two seconds to say aloud.

So DeSean felt a knot in his stomach first for his career; for his success in the TCW. He badly wanted to win the Majestic Cup, even if he knew it would mean eventually facing a fellow Infinity member in the final or earlier - something Highone had assured him was all but inevitable. Dante and Darkness stood in the way of that, and they might as well have been a fifty-foot wall.

Then there was the other thing that hung beneath the knot of panic like some lurking monster under the bed. DeSean was a man of faith: deep, personal faith. Tiffany wasn't the only thing that kept him company on the road and, in his mind, he'd always seen Jesus as a second passenger in his car in the early days, giving him that link back to home (not that DeSean had ever called one place such a thing) and making sure he stayed the Christian boy his mother had raised. Sure, it hadn't always been easy and he'd lost his way a couple of times, but in the end he always found his way back to the only real home he knew - the one with the cross on the wall.

Dante stood in the way of his future in pro wrestling, but he also stood in the way of his faith. He'd seen all the "Lucifer's Champion" stuff before Endgame, but even though Dante seemed to have let that drop, there were still hints; rumours of a dark force behind the colourless eyes of the albino that sometimes seemed to light up like bombs over Hiroshima and Nagaski.

When he'd opened his bible a few nights ago, he'd half expected to find a passage that said ‘And in the year 2006, Jason Dante will kick DeSean Blackwell's ass and drag him to the City of Dis forever.' Obviously, it wasn't there and that had made him feel something like relief. Nonetheless, he knew he wasn't dealing with normal men. At best, Darkness and Dante might just believe their own bullshit - but New York City could attest to the power of sheer, deranged faith.

He felt like some kind of crusader, and that was not the kind of shit he ever thought he'd have to deal with in this job.

"Orange juice, baby?"

DeSean looked up, startled, and suddenly realised he'd been lost in his own thoughts for ten minutes or more. Tiffany had now donned a silk robe that just skimmed her thighs and was standing over him with a glass in her hand.

"Uh...yeah, sure..."

He took the juice from it and drank it down in one gulp, not realising how thirsty he was. He felt drained, but not in the good way that usually came from a few hours alone with Tiffany. He just wasn't used to this kind of psychological stress before a match. He realised now what Highone had meant by D&D's - as the IWC had affectionately dubbed their darling team-up - mind games.

"I need a walk," DeSean announced as he straightened up.

"You should put some clothes on first, baby..."

He nodded. "Yeah, that's the least of my troubles."

The door was opened smoothly by Acolyte. He'd heard no knock, Dante had simply told him there would be someone there. As Darkness looked him over, Acolyte wondered how his employer had known he was there.

"Cordazer," Darkness greeted him, nodding curtly.

Acolyte was a little nervous around the former champion. His match against him has triggered all the weird shit - or, more specifically, the recent weird shit - in his life and he hadn't lasted long against the mysterious warrior, despite his size advantage.

"Darkness," Dante smiled, the expression still a little tight, "Not too cold in here for you I hope?"

Darkness looked genuinely surprised by the question and looked around him as if noticing the icy temperature in the suite for the first time. "Not at all," was his reply.

Dante was seated on a wide leather couch, his black pants contrasting both with his alabaster skin and the white shirt which hung open at his neck. He looked relaxed, not projecting the kind of perfectly manufactured poise he once demonstrated whenever he encountered another human being.

Selenia was nowhere to be seen. Darkness could not know it, but the succubus was currently choosing to stay away from him as much as possible. Her presence in the next room was cloaked from his Slayer Sense but she had not been certain it would work given the effortlessness with which he had resisted her other abilities.

Acolyte moved closer to him, causing Darkness to turn and look up at the hulking figure. "Drink?" the big man asked with a disarming smile that didn't touch his eyes.

"Guinness?"

Dante nodded, "There's some in the mini-bar, Cordazer."

Acolyte returned with the black can after a few moments and dropped the ice cold cylinder into Darkness's hands. "Do you have a glass?" Darkness asked after looking at it blankly for a while, "And, for future reference, it's not actually supposed to be served this cold..."

"No?" Dante asked with raised eyebrows.

"No. It's much better served closer to room temperature..." he paused and glanced around, "Normal room temperature, that is."

"Well I don't drink the stuff, I'm afraid."

Darkness smiled slightly as Cordazer handed him a glass, "You should try it sometime."

"Maybe I will..."

As Darkness poured the dark liquid out , Dante stood and walked around the couch. "You didn't come her to drink beer and exchange pleasantries though," he surmised, "What's on your mind?"

"Our opponents. What else?"

"I always admired your focus," Dante mused, "Somehow I could never concentrate my mind like that - too much going on in my head all the time."

"I was once the same. My Slayer training helped me learn to centre my will and bring it to bear on a single task."

"Like a blade..."

"Or a sledgehammer."

Dante glanced at Darkness, unsure if the comment had been a joke or not. Darkness had not smiled, but Dante knew that meant little - the taciturn man rarely made it clear when he was being funny. He continued his slow journey around the couch while Darkness sipped from his Guinness before he spoke again, "So...our opponents?"

"Yes. They confuse me."

Dante nodded, "I said the same thing. They seem less organised than their hype would have us believe. What do you make of them?"

"DeSean's faith is strong, but he shows intelligence. He looked in the right place to find the answers he sought, but he was two thousand years and a dozen poor translations too late. If he finds them from elsewhere, he will be more formidable than we suspected at first."

"And Highone?"

"His mind is on the victory that still sits outside his grasp. His misplaced confidence will most likely be his undoing."

"I was confident..." Dante said gingerly, his eyes flicking to the table where his two belts, one gold and black, the other silver and white sat.

"I said ‘misplaced', Jason."

The silence stretched between the two of them for a long moment. Darkness took another sip of his Guinness and Dante looked around the room, searching in vain for another topic of conversation. "So what now?" he finally asked.

Darkness shrugged. "DeSean is the threat I consider to be the most immediate - I suggest we attempt to find him and ensure that his conviction that we are frauds remains intact."

"Sounds good. Acolyte can come with us - a bit of extra muscle never hurts."

Acolyte grinned at being included but then looked towards the window with a miserable expression on his face.

"And we'll take my sedan - it has air conditioning..."

Darkness nodded and drank the last of his Guinness before he turned towards the door.

"Wait," Dante said suddenly, "Where are we going?"

"The arena seems as good a place to start as any," Darkness replied, "Besides, I would like to meet our new commissioner. She hasn't had the pleasure of making my acquaintance yet."

"Heh...I'm glad I get to see this..." Acolyte whispered to Dante as the world champion passed him on his way out of the door.

"D&D" weren't going to find DeSean at the arena. At that moment, he was walking aimlessly down a backstreet, drawn by something he couldn't name to somewhere he didn't know. The sound of "Heat It Up" playing suddenly surprised him but the vibration in his pocket told him he was getting a call on his cell phone.

He didn't need to see the name pop up on the screen before he ended Highone's call abruptly and switched off the phone. He wasn't in the mood for talk.

Wiping sweat from his brow that was accumulating in the merciless heat, DeSean turned a corner and found what he was looking for. The sound of gospel music greeted him from the tiny, run-down looking church that sat as the centre-piece of the squalid neighbourhood. Right now though, that building looked better than any bar or strip club he'd ever seen.

Feeling elated, DeSean quickly crossed the road and headed towards the church. "Someone in there must be able to help me," he whispered to himself.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:23 pm
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

It wasn't so much the heat as the light; Dante's characteristic paleness was the result of a lack of pigmentation of the skin, hair and eyes. To him, the sunlight was a sledgehammer against the brain and every second in the bright light was an eon or torture. The Albino sighed a sigh of relief as they entered the cool indoor portion of the arena. Acolyte looked at his employer and asked.

"Is it that bad?"

"You have no idea Cordazer, you have no idea" Dante replied.

Acolyte nodded in reply.

Darkness had been looking at Dante since they got to the arena with something that looked like a question on his mind, Dante was perceptive enough to feel the waiting question, but he was reluctant to dig deeper into the former slayer's mind. He had seen the result of digging or diving as he called it into a powerful mind, he had no doubt that Darkness was as formidable a foe mentally as he was physically. Dante let it be and instead asked.

"Should we go greet the esteemed commissioner or find Desean first?"

Darkness seemed to ponder the question for a few seconds and replied.

"Let's pay our commissioner a visit first."

Dante smiled a wolf's grin and said.

"Why not, let's brighten up her day a bit."

***Elsewhere***

Tiffany was bored, Desean had been away for at least two hours now and even though the blinds were down and the AC turned up to max, the heat was getting unbearable. She got up and headed for the shower.

Cold water had her shudder at first but after a few seconds she had gotten used to the cold and welcomed it, the sweltering heat was like a hammer against the mind. She got out of the shower, wrapped a towel around herself and went to get dressed.

The dimly lit room was more luxurious then she had bee used to, in her mind Desean had made the best possible choice when he signed on with the TCW instead of ROH, ROH probably had it's advantages for a wrestler, but it was the minor leagues compared to this. Even before Desean had joined Infinity the rooms they had gotten were better then before, now they had been lodged in a private bungalow, Infinity and Shadow's unlimited funds had provided them with the kind of lifestyle any hopeful wrestler wanted.

She lay down on the unmade bed again and looked at the ceiling fan, the hypnotic pace of the blades made her lose sense of time and she started to get sleepy. She got up and shook her head. The clock on the table indicated that Desean had been away for 3 hours now. He had the habit of going away like this, but something seemed to really bother him this time, she could tell that this was something that wasn't part of his everyday problems, it had nothing to do with ROH, nothing to do with that damned belt...This was different. She waited another half an hour, then she decided that she would find him, and what better place to start then at the arena?

***Elsewhere***

Normally, Valerie Stern had her assistants escort anyone who entered her office with out an appointment or even without knocking out, this time how ever, that wasn't an option.

Dante had met the newly appointed commissioner before and neither one and enjoyed the meeting. Acolyte had only seen her at Friction during the renaming of the federation and the Majestic cup announcement, the large blonde man wasn't sure how to handle this situation so he decided to keep quiet and observe.

Darkness on the other hand hadn't met the commissioner at all, he had in fact been in custody when se "debuted", and unlike Acolyte, Darkness had no intention of staying quiet. Valerie Stern made a point of looking at the papers she had in her hand for a few seconds even after Dante, Acolyte and Darkness had reached her desk. As calmly as she could, she raised her eyes to watch the three men standing by the desk. She looked down at her papers again and said:

"Mr Dante, I have no memory of making an appointment with you."

Dante's expression didn't change a bit as he replied.

"I doubt I need an appointment for this business."

He dropped the blank contract on the desk.

"I have no need for this." He said with a slight triumphant tone in his voice.

Stern looked at the contract, then at Dante then at Darkness and then at Dante again.

"So I have heard." She replied

"I'm not exactly sure about the conditions of this employee deal, to me it would seem..."

Darkness interrupted her.

"I'm not employed by Dante."

"What?" Stern asked failing to hide all the sound of surprise in her voice.

"I said..." Darkness began with the tone of a man who felt like he was wasting his time. "...That I am not employed by Dante."

"I see." Stern replied somewhat taken aback by this.

"Then what is the nature of this arrangement?" She asked as soon as her surprise had subsided.

Dante smirked as he replied.

"It's a "quid pro quo" deal of sorts."

"Something for something?" Stern asked.

Darkness nodded and Dante said.

"Exactly, I get something and he gets something."

"And what exactly do you get, Dante? And what does he get?" She asked pointing at Darkness.

The smile ran away from Dante's face and a cold, business like expression settled on it.

"That, Ms. Stern is between Darkness and me. It simply is none of your business. "

The commissioner looked at Dante, then at Darkness and then at Acolyte who was as stoic as the other two. Stern decided to drop this; she had ways of finding out. She was about to ask them if there was anything further when Darkness interrupted her.

"One thing has puzzled me ever since Dante "contacted" me, exactly what is a "Singapore cane"?"

Stern looked at Darkness, then at Dante who just shrugged.

"Well..." She began. "It's a bamboo stick that resembles a sword in a way, it..." Then it dawned on her. "In essence it's a Kendo stick."

A strange expression resembling a smirk came over Darkness face.

"You are meaning to tell me, that I will be in a match where you arm me with a sword."

"In short...yes."

The expression on Darkness face grew even stranger. On anyone else this expression wouldn't have looked odd, but for a man with the reputation of being stoic and calm to the end, the smirk that spread across Darkness face was unnerving to say the least.

"You have put Blackwell and Highone in a match in which I will be armed with a sword?" Darkness asked again.

"Yes." Stern replied now growing tired of the discussion.

"You should have thrown them to the lions instead. "Darkness began. "That wouldn't have been half as cruel." He continued with the smirk on his lips growing wider.

Dante was about to comment when Stern's Neapolitan mastiff woke up and with a snarl announced that he was far from thrilled with Dante. The dog fixed the albino with his eyes and growled, at first Dante barely noticed the dogs hostile demeanour, but as it approached him and opened his maw, Dante felt uneasy enough to spit out a "down" which had as much effect as trying to melt an iceberg with a cigarette lighter. As the dog seemed to get more and more hostile and the growls were turning into barks, Dante went one step further...in fact he went one step too far.

He fixed the hostile bog with his colourless gaze and with a few swift barely noticeable gestures he let his other side through. He opened his mouth and bared his fangs to the dog while emitting a low growling noise only audible to the dog.

It had the desired effect; the dog stopped in his tracks and began to step away from the inhuman Dante. The growls turned to slight whimpers as the dog desperately searched for a safe haven. As the dog, much to the surprise of Dante went over to Darkness and almost hid behind him, Dante saw something move at the corner of his eye.

It was just a quick movement, but Dante had senses that few humans if any had, and he knew instinctively that he had been spotted. He mumbled a quick "Catch you back at the hotel" to Acolyte and set off.

As he left Stern's office, he began to run. Seconds after he had left the office behind him, he knew who he was chasing even though his "prey" was almost a corridor ahead of him. Without having to even form the thought, Selenia acted with Dante as a conduit and did her thing.

All demons excel at the art of illusions and deceit, and in fact the wall that suddenly appeared in front of Tiffany was real looking enough for her stop in her tracks. A few seconds later, Dante caught up with her, grabbed her by her right wrist and almost barked a:

"You're coming with me!"

Tiffany's terrified question about where he was taking her fell on deaf ears.

***Elsewhere***

The discussion in Valerie Stern's office had gone "south" since Dante left. Darkness remained his usually restrained stoic self but with a clear hint of irritation beneath the surface. Stern on her side was getting agitated. Acolyte had watched and listened as Darkness had questioned why a kendo stick had been renamed a Singapore cane, Stern had retorted by explaining the history of the weapon in wrestling. Stern had then moved on to telling Darkness that he was taking his character too far in her opinion, something Darkness rightly took personally and retorted by telling her to her face that she shouldn't concern herself with things she had no business dealing with. The discussion had ended with Darkness washing his hands by telling her that.

"What ever you do, don't blame me for what happens at Havoc, you put me in a match that will be nothing less then a public execution."

At this point the situation went from heated to chilly and Acolyte suggested they'd leave. A suggestion that Darkness, much to Acolyte's relief agreed with. They left a angry Valerie Stern behind.

As they approached the parking lot, Acolyte said.

"Dante said to meet him at the hotel, something happened it seems."

"I see, what would that be?"

"I have no idea." Acolyte replied. "He took off in a hurry after he told me."

"I see."

***Elsewhere***

The cold was almost too much for her to take, the leather couch was chilling and she avoided letting it come into contact with her skin. The situation was made no less unpleasant by the pale man that was pacing in front of her. She knew very little about this Dante, she only knew what Desean had told her, and he had talked about strange things, like Dante naming himself Lucifer's champion, strange battles with Darkness and a mysterious week long absence before End Game. In many ways, she had come to think of Dante as a fictional figure. The problem was that the ghost faced man in front of her was very real, and very upset. Dante stopped in front of her and looked at her. After a few seconds he removed his shades, that very instant, Tiffany wished that he hadn't, the colourless eyes seemed to burn straight into her very being. As Dante opened his mouth to say something, he was cut off by the door to the hotel room opening.

To Tiffany's horror, it was Acolyte and Darkness who entered, Darkness was for all intents and purposes as close to fictional as Dante had been, in fact maybe even more so. Darkness walked up to Dante and was about to ask if this was what the hasty exit had been about when Dante cut him off.

"She saw it."

"Saw what?" Darkness asked.

"Saw me "switch"."

"I see."

"Fuck...I should be more careful."

"Indeed, it's too late for that now though."

"Maybe not..."

Tiffany felt as if this was a good time for her to say something, so she did.

"I swear, I...I won't say a word."

Dante looked at her with a nasty glint in his white eyes.

"Yeah, you want me to believe that, don't you? The second I let you go you'll tell Desean and Highone all about this."

Darkness looked at Dante and the glint in the champion's eye was worrying him.

"I have ways to make sure you will never tell a living soul about this...ways to make sure you'll never open your mouth about this to anyone."

Darkness and Acolyte saw as Dante began to make small gestures with his hands and slowly, the change came over him again, his eyes turned red, the vestigial horns became visible on his brow and the fangs grew in his mouth. Tiffany held her breath in sheer panic as something impossible happened before her eyes. Dante smirked and the fangs lent a bestial menace to his face.

"Now...I'll make sure this stays between you and me Tiffany..."

She failed to repress a whimper as the twisted face of Jason Dante loomed in front of her. She felt like a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming car as Dante stood in front of her. The albino raised his hand and just before he touched her face, Darkness said: "Dante!" in a very sharp tone.

The albino smirked again and replied.

"Don't be stupid Darkness, I won't hurt her. You should know that I of all people won't hurt someone like her..."

Darkness looked at Dante and nodded. Dante proceeded to put his hand across Tiffany's forehead, the pale skin felt as if Dante had a terrible fever. Suddenly Tiffany felt as if the bottom of her mind fell out. She felt as if she was getting sucked into a vortex, suddenly the feeling stopped and was replaced with something else, a strange sensation not unlike vertigo. She felt another mind invading her head. Slowly Dante's mind was running its index finger through hers as if he looked for something. Slowly she felt how he scanned her memory; he wandered through her mind sifting through childhood memories and old boyfriends in his quest for something specific. Finally he found it. The image of his own red burning eyes was etched into Tiffany's memory in vivid colours.

The feeling that came over Tiffany next was strange, she felt as if Dante took that part of her mind in his hands, and carefully, almost gently closed his hands around them. With a slow, careful manoeuvre he closed that part of her mind off. Then he let go and the feeling of vertigo left her as Dante's presence in her mind disappeared.

Dante smirked again as his dark side withdrew.

"Now, I didn't want to do that to you, but you could get in the way of something important...and I would hate to be forced to take more permanent steps to ensure that you don't tell Desean and Highone about what you saw at Sterns office."

Dante made a gesture towards the door.

"Now, go."

Tiffany wasn't late in following Dante's suggestion and she dashed for the door fearing she would be stopped every step of the way. She dashed down the corridor and out the hotel, she didn't stop until she was back at the bungalow with the door closed and locked behind her. Once inside, she threw herself onto the bed and cried. She was afraid, puzzled and worst of all intrigued by the tainted presence in her mind. She knew right then and there that the presence of the image of two red burning eyes in her mind would never leave her, worse yet, she knew it was something she would never be able to tell anyone about. She buried her face in the pillow and wished Desean was there.

***Back at the hotel***

Acolyte looked at Dante who was sitting in the sofa Tiffany had occupied a short while ago. Even though the temperature was frigid inside, the albino was sweating as if what ever he had done to Tiffany had taken a lot out of him.

"What did you do to her?" Acolyte asked.

Before Dante could answer, Darkness replied.

"He sealed off a part of her mind, she will remember what she saw at the office, but she can't talk about it."

Acolyte looked at Dante with an aghast expression on his face.

"You...you lobotomised her?"

"No, of course I didn't." Dante replied. "Her mind is intact; she just can't talk about parts of it."

"I see..."

The silence that followed was uncomfortable, and Dante could only take so much of it. He got up and said.

"I'm going for a walk; I need to clear my mind after this."

Neither Darkness nor Acolyte protested in anyway.

***Later at the hotel bar***

Dante walked up to the counter, pulled up a stool and sat down. He was about to order a drink when a familiar voice cut him off.

"Bartender...Remember that he doesn't drink...wine."

The voice was familiar despite the fake Dracula accent, Bela Lugosi was probably spinning in his grave...and so was Christopher Lee...and Lee wasn't dead yet.

Dante sighed, he thought about ignoring the man who spoke, but he would just see that as Dante running away. So instead in a voice that sounded bored and indifferent Dante said

"Hello Highone, still stuck in Halloween?"

Highone smirked.

"Well, not really." He replied. "I'm sure you noticed the point of that little stunt."

"Yeah, Dante said...the ring."

"Yeah." Highone said taking a sip from his drink. "Shadow explained it to me..."

"But you didn't understand it?" Dante guessed.

"Well, not all of it. Chemistry and metallurgy has never been my thing to be honest."

"I guessed that. " Dante shot back. Then the albino smirked.

"Nice trick though, a bit of a waste of technology I think."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Does the phrase "pearls before swine" ring a bell?" Dante asked in an effort to make the Infinity member upset.

Highone didn't reply but his expression showed Dante that his efforts hadn't been in vain. Highone regained his composure and said.

"Dante, this entire BS aside...I have been trying figure out what you are playing at?"

"Playing at?" Dante asked faking innocence.

"Yeah, you and Darkness hate each other's guts; literally you two have tried to kill each other in the ring. Suddenly you are on the same team....Makes me wonder why"

Dante smirked.

"Good." Was all he said in reply.

For some reason this made Highone unreasonably irritated.

"Look, I don't care if you two get all chummy and become best of buddies, I don't like people tricking me. This whole thing with what Darkness did to Cameron and how you sprung him from jail is just..."

Dante interrupted Highone.

"I didn't SPRING him from jail, I took over responsibility for his jail term...simple as that."

"I don't care about the legalese Dante, bottom line is that he was in jail, rightly so and you got him out...Do you think you can control him?"

The smile ran away from Dante's face as he replied.

"No, I can't control Darkness...even if I wanted to."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Highone asked.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." Came the reply.

Highone made a rude noise and said.

"Be honest Dante, this is all because of Infinity, isn't it? We are growing and you feel as if your spot is in danger, you are afraid of me, Hardy, Desean, TI, Hammer, and PD breathing down your neck, aren't you?"

Dante hadn't really been paying attention as he was busy scratching his right shoulder for some reason, but he looked at Highone as he [Highone] finished his little speech. With one short, simple sentence, Dante defiantly made Highone his enemy.

"Highone...don't flatter yourself."

The champion turned to the bartender as Highone swept his drink, threw some money on the counter and left fuming at the nonchalant dismissal.

The last words he heard before leaving the hotel bar was Dante asking the bartender.

"Do you serve Guinness here?"

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:40 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ

The sweet melodies of the singing almost seemed to be summoning DeSean. He eyed the sign of the church Highbury Park Church of Christ on the bottom of the lettering read "Building God's House in 2006" it was a Church of Christ something he didn't expect in the Bahamas. He opened the door of the church; it was a Tuesday night so it wasn't worship service it was something else. Considering he wasn't dressed for a regular service he was happy about that, as he opened the door the sensation of cold air caused him to shiver. He was so used to the hot climate that he welcomed the air-conditioned sanctuary. He grabbed a seat on the back pews trying not to bring attention to himself.
In front of him the back of the pew, stored songbooks, bibles and the little holes where the communion cups were supposed to sit but no one ever used them. He looked ahead of him there were a group of people singing a hymnal, it was in acapella with a person standing in front of them conducting.

Now DeSean knew what it was, it was a choral practice. He continued sitting in the back, listening to the group go over songs and discussing whose pitch sounded the best for a particular key. He sat and waited until the practice was over, as members of the group left, he stopped one of them and asked them if the Pastor was inside somewhere. The brother pointed towards the back of the Sanctuary, where the pastor's office was. DeSean thanked him and towards the back of the sanctuary, he looked at the door, on it the name Pastor Kevin Beneby showed. DeSean knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

Beneby: You can come in!

DeSean slowly opened the door not knowing what to expect, he wasn't a member of that congregation. Yet he was always told he would be welcomed at any Church of Christ with open arms. Well he was going to soon find out if that saying was true, he walked into the room, Pastor Beneby's head was down, he was writing something probably working on the next sermon.

Beneby: Can you please close the door?

DeSean did what he was told, he grabbed the chair that was behind Beneby's desk. Beneby stopped writing in his notebook and looked up. He looked a little surprised to see DeSean sitting in front of him, it was clear he was expecting someone else. Yet that didn't stop him from smiling and extending his hand out for DeSean to shake.

Beneby: What may I do for you brother?

DeSean: DeSean, my name is DeSean Blackwell.

Beneby: Ok, Brother Blackwell what may I do for you?

DeSean: Well um..first of all I'm a member of the church, I'm from North Carolina.

Beneby: Aw yes, I've been to NC before, very nice place. A lot of churches are there.

DeSean: Oh yea, I used to be a member at Coliseum Blvd.

Beneby: Used to be?

DeSean: Yes, I'm a Professional wrestler so I travel around a lot, I have a match coming up.

Beneby: Ok I see, how did you find us?

DeSean: I don't know, I was just walking and I heard the singing. I looked and turned and here I am. It's not everyday you hear acapella singing in a church, I guess there is a Church of Christ everywhere.

Beneby: Aw, yes the saying is true but we're still growing and still trying to come up.

DeSean: Oh you don't tell me that, a lot of the churches I went to were small.

Beneby: Yea, so what can I do for you?

DeSean: Oh yea, I'm here because like I mentioned before I'm a Professional wrestler, have you heard of TCW? 411/ECF?

Beneby: No, but I've seen ads for the show.

DeSean: Ok well, anyway my partner and me have a match against these two guys. Darkness and Jason Dante.

Beneby: Ok?

DeSean didn't know how he was going to explain this, he didn't know where he was going himself.

DeSean: My question is...do you believe there's a war in Hell?

Beneby: Do I believe that there's a war in Hell?

DeSean: Yes

Beneby: What kind of war? Between who?

DeSean: Between Heaven and Hell

Beneby: Well, DeSean I can't say for confidence that there is literally a war in Hell. There's mentions of it in the bible about God and Satan competing for souls but DeSean I cant't say for certain that today there's one going on.
DeSean: Oh ok

Beneby: But I will say this I wouldn't worry about a war in Hell.

DeSean: Ok? Why do you say that?

Beneby: Because there's a war here on Earth for your soul, for my soul, for everyone's soul. You, and me we can't send each other to Heaven, we can't decide who goes where, no man can. We have to answer for ourselves right?

DeSean: Right

Beneby: You see DeSean, Satan is going to tempt us. There's sin everywhere, all around us and we have a choice on whether or not we want partake in that sin. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. We're human, we make mistakes.

DeSean: Which is why we have repentance

Beneby: Right I see you've been listening during services.

DeSean: Well a little

Beneby: Satan, people blame Lucifer all the time but Lucifer he isn't stronger than God isn't. His power and influence only runs but so deep, he can only influence if you let him. So my question is to you DeSean why worry about a war in Hell when the real war is inside of you?

DeSean pulled out his hotel key and swiped it through the lock, he opened the door expecting to see Tiffany either in the bathroom or watching TV. Instead he opened the door to see his girlfriend sobbing on the bed. He ran over to her and rubbed her hair back trying to figure out what's exactly wrong with her.

DeSean: Tiffany what's wrong? Tell me what happened? Tiff please?

Tiffany continued to cry into the sheet of the bed, DeSean knew he wasn't getting anywhere with her but he still had to try.

DeSean: Did someone do something to you?

Tiffany nodded her head yes

DeSean: Did Dante or Darkness do something to you?

Tiffany again nodded her head yes, DeSean was starting to get angry wondering what just what happened to his girlfriend. If she were harmed in anyway there would be hell to pay.

DeSean: Were you attacked?

Tiffany shook her head no, she finally brought her head up. She took her anger and fear out on DeSean.

Tiffany: Why do you even care!?

Tiffany: You heard me! Where have you been? You've been gone for three hours!

DeSean: I went walking, then I found a Church of Christ.

Tiffany: Yea right here in Nassau?

DeSean: Yes, I had a conversation with a preacher about my match. He put some things into perspective.

Tiffany: I don't care! I needed you!

DeSean: What happened?

Tiffany: Dante he grabbed me, he did something weird. I can't explain it.

DeSean: What exactly did he do?

Tiffany: I saw him, he scared away a dog, and he grabbed me. He uh...dammit! I can't explain it.

DeSean: Look Tiff, calm down. Ok maybe these rumors are getting to you ok? It was in your head.

Tiffany: No it wasn't in my head! I know what I saw! Just like I know you weren't at some Church for three hours

DeSean: Hey What's your problem?

Tiffany: No what's yours!

DeSean: What the hell are you talking about?

Tiffany: You're not all there that's what I'm talking about. You've been quiet, distant, you're losing it.

DeSean: Whatever it is, I'm not losing it.

Tiffany: Oh please, we have sex for the first time in months and it was like your mind was elsewhere. Don't you find me attractive still?

DeSean: Yes of course I do, I'm fine ok don't worry about me. Worry about yourself, obviously Dante did something to you but you don't remember.

DeSean paced back and forth rubbing the temple of his forehead, he sat back down in a chair. Laying his head back, he looked up at the ceiling trying to figure out what to do next. In his mind, Tiff had been seeing things but clearly Dante did do something to her. The thought of Dante even harming her pissed him off, he got angrier think about Dante's hands touching his girlfriend. He put his head in his hands, he took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes.

Tiffany: You're not taking on normal people, they're different.

DeSean: No shit, they're different Tiff. They're fucking crazy that's what they are but I won't be intimidated I won't fall for some mumbo jumbo voodoo shit. Stay here

Tiffany: What where are you going?

DeSean: I'm going to look for my opponents

Tiffany: I'm not staying here

DeSean: Tiffany! Stay, you're safer here who knows what's going to happen when I find those two.

Tiffany didn't protest anymore, she nodded her in the positive direction (albeit with a little attitude) DeSean nodded his head and left the room.

DeSean had began his search for Dante and Darkness but he stopped when he ran into Highone figuring that it was easier if they both looked for their opponents, DeSean welcomed the help from his partner and fellow Infinity member.

DeSean: You know what I did today Highone?

Highone: What?

DeSean: I went to church today

Highone: Really?

DeSean: Well not a regular service just a bible study

Highone: Do you know how long it's been since I've been in a church?

DeSean: It's been a while for me too but I'm glad I went, put things in perspective for me.

Highone: That's good to hear so what do you think happened to Tiffany?

DeSean: I don't know but Dante did something to her, she's having a hard time explaining it though.

Highone: What do you mean like he gave her a lobotomy?

DeSean: No, not that serious I'm guessing. I'm thinking it's all in her head but I don't know.

Highone: So let's find him and see what he did do to her

DeSean: Where do you think he's at?

Highone: The last time I saw him was at a bar but that was hours ago, he could be in his hotel room

DeSean: You know what? I don't feel like going to his hotel room, Acolyte will be there and it'll just get ugly. Where do you think Darkness is?

Highone: Who knows? He could be with Dante, he could be anywhere, knowing him.

DeSean: So I take it we're screwed, this is going to be an all nighter?

Highone: Yup, but we can make the night more enjoyable

DeSean: How do we do that?

Highone: With some Bahama Mama's and some of this Bahaman grass.

Highone pulled a small plastic bag out of his pocket containing some....substance. DeSean smiled to himself but shook his head.

DeSean: Thanks but no thanks, not tonight

Highone: More for me I guess, so what are you going to do then?

DeSean: I'm tired of looking for our opponents, I'm going to make them come out.

Highone: How are you going to do that?

DeSean: We have a house show tomorrow right?

Highone: Yea

DeSean: There I'll just speak from the heart like I did at Friction, just be ready tomorrow at the house show. I might need you.

Highone: I'm always ready

DeSean: That's so cliche

Highone: Yea I know

INFINITY! The words flashed across the screen in gold causing the fans in attendance to pop, the pop soon turned into a mix reaction of boos and cheers. The beginning of Renegade plays but it soon cuts off. The beat switches to AFI's Miseria Cantare

Love...your hate..., your...faith lost
You...are now...one...of us
Love...your hate...., your...faith lost
You...are now...one of us

As the drums hit, DeSean walks through the curtains to a chorus of boos. He could see that the hatred for him extended to the islands. He walked straight to the ring, no Tiffany, no posing.

Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all
Radiate, recognize one silent call
As we all form one dark flame... Incinerate

DeSean hopped on the apron, he outstretched his arms to boos and entered the ring. The boos continued as the music stopped, he signaled for a Mic, he tapped twice to make sure it was working and he began to speak.

DeSean: Where's the love?

crowd: boooo

DeSean: I guess that answered my question, you know I've been asked a hundred times why don't I like Smarks because smark fans are disloyal, smark fans don't have their own opinions, smark fans will turn on you in an heartbeat. Trust me I don't want a bunch of fickle assholes cheering me. So go ahead and boo me I could care less.

And boo the fans did, they let DeSean have it but he didn't care.

DeSean: I came here 9 months ago, having been released from the WWE, having left ROH being known as an accomplished Indy wrestler. The minute I got here, the comparisons were they were made. They were made, comparisons between me and...Darkness.

A huge pop for Darkness came from the fans

DeSean: Darkness was undefeated at the time, he was the #1 contender for the world title and at my first PPV he defeated Rachel Hunter. The rookie sensation, the rookie of the year tore through everyone, he defeated everyone. He defeated future Hall of Famers legends, impressive list for the rookie. Yet he never defeated me, he hid behind his contractual obligations, his mandatory #1 contenders and he ducked me, he ducked Highone, he ducked Hardy, he ducked members of Infinity but now he can't duck us anymore. He got lucky against Hammer, PD was distracted his win and beatdown was a fluke!

I've been asking myself this question why would two hated enemies align? It's because of fear, fear of Infinity. Fear of what Infinity can and will do, you two fear us so much that you had to join forces, Darkness you're owned by another man, that's how much you fear us. Dante, or should I say milky what can I say? You had a chance but we both know you just were never good enough to wear this ring on my finger. You were never good enough, or well good looking enough to star in commercials, to be in movies, to have sponsors calling you, offering you deals. Mark my words...Casper, sometime, somewhere I will be TCW's world heavyweight champion.

The crowd continues to boo but DeSean continues

DeSean: Darkness, the rookie sensation, your fans are called Darklings, how lame is that? How many of you are darklings? How many of you actually call yourselves Darklings?

Most of the fans, if not all the fans are cheering.

DeSean: Darkness you've never been in the ring with an athlete like me, you've never been in the ring with a guy who can see through your bullshit. With a guy who doesn't care about your streak, about your bullshit Rookie of the Year award an award that I deserved! I'm not afraid, I don't fear you, that's why I'm out here. Because I'm tired of the games, I'm tired of looking for you, I'm tired of it all. No tricks, no bright lights coming down from the ceiling, or fire being shot from the sky. It doesn't matter to me I'm not leaving, I want someone's ass to come down right here, right now!

Crowd: Darkness going to kill you :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Dante's going to kill you :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Darkness going to kill you :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DeSean: They're not going to kill anyone and I'm not going to kill anyone, I'm realist. I'm not some phony or fake but I will tell what I'll do. I'll take my foot (DeSean simulates with his foot) and I'll stomp the spirits of Darkness and Dante into the ground.....

"A LIGHT IN THE BLACK...OR JUST A FEAR OF THE DARK?"

The arena erupted in cheer, they knew who was coming out.

"I AM THE MAN WHO WALKS ALONE..."

DeSean waited in the middle of the ring, he jumped up and down in one spot.

DeSean: Step into my world, let's go!

WHEN THE LIGHT BEGINS TO FADE, I SOMETIMES FEEL A LITTLE STRANGE,
A LITTLE ANXIOUS WHEN IT'S DARK

you!

The losers began to sing along as if the Sandman was coming out, DeSean still stood his ground.

I have a phobia that someone's always...there

The place exploded when Darkness walked through the curtain, he slowly walked towards the ring. DeSean got into the pounce position, his lips could be seen moving.

DeSean: That's right you asshole, let's go...

Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:22 pm
Profile E-mail

As the Darklings' idol casually strolled down the rampway towards the least experienced member of Infinity, the volume of the audience seemed to increase with each step closer to the ring. There were marks for the federation's lone dominant faction making noise, but their jeers were easily overcome by the ever-increasing wave of adulation washing over the majority of people in attendance. Inside the ring, every muscle in Blackwell's body twitched, his lean, muscular frame noticably shaking before the crowd. Whether the physical reaction was out of fearing the former World Champion or from the electricity coursing throughout his veins would be a question only DeSean held the answer to. His friends would tell you it was the latter. But, perhaps it was a mixture of both, as the Technician had never scrapped one-on-one with a fighter possessing the abilities, or resume, of the man etching ever nearer.

Darkness walked over to the timekeeper, who was sitting ringside, and asked for a microphone. He walked over to the ring-steps, quickly jogging up them, and then made his way through the ropes. The sounds of Iron Maiden slowly faded out, as did the applause once he lifted the mic to his lips. For an individual so well-versed in dishing out violence, Darkness' words were as sharp as his sword. He could make ears salivate. He could make CM Punk look like the Miz, both in the ring and on the stick. Somewhere in the mass of fans at the arena, a person doing a house-show report for a wrestling magazine website got erect at the thought of what he might get to transcribe.

Darkness: Sorry to interrupt, but I was backstage, and I could have sworn I heard you say something about stomping involving mine and Jason's names...

DeSean: I'm surprised to see you down here.

Darkness: Why? Have I not proven to you....to your partners in crime...that I'm not afraid of you?

DeSean: It's not that. I just figured your head was lodged too far up Dante's ass to hear anything but muffled sou-...

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

Not only did the audience's disproval of Blackwell's statement cut him off, a wicked sidekick from Darkness did too. He was tired of listening to Infinity's insults without action to back up their words. They boasted to be the creme de la creme, but they seemed to be more of a buttermilk-yellow from what he'd seen so far. The force from the well-polished martial artist sent DeSean rolling backwards head over heels. Before Darkness could follow up with another shot, Highone's music and entrance package started playing. It was of little concern to the man by whom all rookies would be compared. He had fully expected the TCW Transcontinental/Intercontinental Champion to show up. He hadn't been the only one.

Darkness smiled and diverted his attention back towards DeSean. After dishing out a few stomps to the Technician's ribcage, he heard a change in the tone of the audience and realized Highone must have made his appearance. His focus changed, but the expression on his face didn't. Instead of dashing towards the ring to attack, the champion from Infinity looked to be running for his life. It only took a handful of seconds to see why.

About twenty-feet behind Highone, Jason Dante was following at full speed. However, he were not alone, as some tightly-bound bamboo was accompanying him. In fact, the World Champ was carrying one Singapore Cane in each hand, a testament to his ambidexterity, and presumably in order to equip his ally, and tag-team partner at Havoc, Darkness. Highone took a hard right once he reached the ring-area and darted towards the opposite side, where he hoped to exit through the crowd. Unfortuntaely, a six-foot-eight tree of a man with long white hair was already in that area, ready to greet him with a grin...and a Singapore Cane of his own.

Highone's eyes became the size of saucers. Realizing both avenues of escape were cut off, and an ass-kicking was probable, the IC/TC champion figured it was time for the captain to go down with the ship. He met Acolyte, who was climbing over the rail, with a flying knee. The attack stunned the big man, giving Highone an opportunity to turn back towards the ring and slide under the bottom rope. No sooner had he cleared the plastic-wrapped cable was Darkness raining stomps into his back. Going on pure adrenaline, Highone threw wild punches, doing his best to stand up in the process. He was only halfway to his feet when Dante got in the first cane-shot.

The smack it created rattled throughout the arena's rafters, while the echo of the crowd's oohs was just as audible. By this time, Jason had given Darkness the other wooden weapon, and both were taking turns beating their Infinity foe down. They paused for a few seconds, then went back to business. In their minds, this lesson was a long time coming, and the moment needed to be savored. Fortunately for Highone, DeSean had made it back onto his feet at this point, and was ready for action. Blackwell wasn't afraid to get a little dirty. He'd lived his whole life in mud and blood. Taking from his days watching Julius Peppers play at North Carolina, DeSean made a desperation dive, tackling Jason Dante. He only got in a few punches before being dragged off by Acolyte, who had recovered from Highone's earlier attack, but every single shot to Jason's form felt like heaven. It wasn't every day you got a piece of the World Champ.

Giving the crowd an impromptu preview of Havoc, Darkness and Dante each grabbed one of DeSean's arms and whipped him into the nearest corner. The strength, both natural and unnatural, of the duo sent him into the turnbuckles with an incredible amount of force. Blackwell bounced off and shot face-first down to the canvas. Highone managed to crawl over to the immediate area his teammate was in before collapsing in a heap. Each man had enough strength to hold their hands up and ask for a break. Acolyte, Dante, and Darkness all laughed at the attempt for mercy. They all doubted their Infinity counterparts would have shown them any.

The crowd was at a fevered pitch. Chants could be heard egging the three superstars on. It seemed as though the people in Nassau favored beatdowns. Who were Dante or Darkness to deprive the ticket-buying patrons of Twisted Championship Wrestling? Jason raised his cane and prepared to deliver another series of shots with his Singapore Cane to Highone and DeSean. Then, the lights cut out...

"Renegade, never been afraid to say what's on my mind at any given time of day. Cause I'm a renegade, never been afraid to talk about anything..."

...the rustling of the ring apron...

Renegade, never been afraid to hollar about anything....anything...

...and the sound of a record scratch. Dante was a step ahead of the crowd in terms of understanding what had happened. His vision was better than most when light is at its scarcest. His hearing is near-better than all. However aware he may have been, he still was unprepared for the swiftness and cunning in which the attack had been set up. As the arena's enormous lamps cut back on, five figures surrounded the trio of Acolyte, Darkness, and Jason Dante. The trap had been set using Highone and Blackwell as bait. The damage done to them was real, but it was a sacrifice each was willing to make in order to achieve the group's end plan. Though none of them brandished Singapore Canes, Titanium Insomniac, David Hardy, Hammer, Shadow, and a masked figure wearing all black had numbers to their advantage. Showing no fear, as well as little regard for themselves, Darkness and Dante lept forward, each swinging a cane.

Like a pack of wolves, the members from Infinity descended into the melee one at a time. Darkness had started to get the advantage after landing a solid shot to Hardy's ribs, but Shadow was immediately on him, followed shortly by the luchadore-styled lunatic. Even then, Darkness was able to fight them off for awhile, as he wielded the Singapore Cane with an amazing amount of precision. None could see who the masked-man was, but he definitely was an individual who knew how to inflict damage. For all the mystery behind the one figure, Acolyte's hands were full with an all-too familiar person; Mutaaz "The Hammer" Tareef. The two had a history book's worth of collective experiences and unresolved issues. And, in a possible preview of a main event in the not-too distant future, two of the federation's most powerful men, T.I. and Jason Dante, locked horns. At this point, Highone and DeSean had both recovered enough from the earlier assault to join their comrades. DeSean, also well-versed in Acolyte, joined Hammer and put a little color into the ivory-clad brute's life; those being shades of purple and red of course. Highone immediately lept onto dogpile that presumably had Darkness at the bottom of it. His addition sent the masked-man over to Dante, where he proceeded to dig his taped fingers into Jason's eyes and rake his face.

Though their effort was valiant, it was not enough to fend off seven world class competitors. After a few minutes the fight had been punched, kicked, and slammed out of Acolyte, Dante, and Darkness. The Infinity crew dumped them from the ring, making sure to toss Darkness over the top rope and onto the floor. An exhausted Highone called for a ring. He clutched his side as he said a few final words to the crowd prior to Infinity departing the stadium...

Highone: You....you....you see, everyon-...

The RoXoR paused and ducked a cupful of Pepsi that had been thrown at him from the audience.

Highone: Hey, that's not right! Jus-...just because they got beat up is no reason to throw garb-....garbage at Darkness or Dante! What I was going to say is that this is what happens when you cross Infinity. They're lucky we're letting them go transfusion-free after what they did to PD...

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

Highone: You people wanna disrespect Plausible D? You ain't got no love for Infinity? Well, we don't care...boo all you want...I hear the applause...I know there are people out there who loved every minute of what they just saw...I've seen the merchandising checks to prove it...thank you for my new Rolex by the way...no, not you idiots in the crowd...I'm talking to Shadow...anyways, this is just a message...don't shoot the messenger...blame Darkness and Dante for getting involved in our business...

He stopped talking and handed the microphone over to DeSean. As Highone raised his arm to high-five an enthusiastic David Hardy, he winced in pain. He didn't want to show it, but Darkness and Dante had done a number on him. If the match at Havoc was going to resemble the first three minutes of tonight's earlier beatdown, his smile would be only be at half-attention over the few days remaining before the show.

DeSean: Yeah...yeah...I'm sure this won't be the last we see of AD&D...but motherfuckers, *I* have dexterity...*I* have charisma...*I* have stamina....and my HP might be a laptop, but I ain't no paladin or pal-of-yours'....don't you EVER talk to my girl again....you got somethin to say to her, you say it to me...

Blackwell handed the stick back over to Highone.

Highone: So remember everyone...doesn't matter what level you're on or who you align yourself with...your time is limited....while OURS'....IS....INFINITE....

-----

My fear is my only courage,
So I've got to push on through,
But while I'm gone,
Everything is gonna be allright,
So woman no cry...
No, no...what?
No woman no cry...
Oh my little sister, don't shed no tears,
No woman no cry.

The hired reggae band went into the Bob Marley classic's electric guitar solo, a thinly-hazed crowd swaying to the beat. Highone was a contributer to the small patch of fog resting above the group of party goers who were standing by the stage. He took the Bahama Blueberry cone he'd puffed on a few times and passed it on stage to the lead singer. The dreadlocked frontman motioned for Highone to come on to the stage. It took a little longer than normal to climb on to the raised surface, as the co-RoXoR was still feeling the effects of the Michael Fay-style caning he'd received from Infinity's most immediate threat, the alliance of Jason Dante and Darkness, plus the five refills at the Red Stripe keg certainly didn't aid his coordination.

Tiki-torches adorning the section of private beach rented by Infinity for the pre-Havoc soiree glistened in Highone's glossed-over eyes. At the singer's urging, and never afraid to make a fool of himself, Highone joined the background singers and helped the band finish the tune. A round of laughter and applaused greeted them at song's end. The TC/IC champion shook hands with the group and back down to beach-level. He decided it was time to make the number of pints and even half-dozen. After all, it was a party, and it was seemed right he should be able to count the numbers of drinks he'd consumed on two hands, not one. Highone strolled towards the inside bar, on a quest for Jamaican beer and a dash of socializing, while the melody of "Three Little Birds" trailed off into the night. The atmosphere of the covered party space was a little more modern. The DJ's music bumped Pharrell and Kanye West's newest track, while people mingled and danced in a club atmosphere.

Numba one...baby girl you and me...
Smashin...that's a hit to me...
Off the charts..look how she gets to me...
Classic...she might be mad, but she's the shit to me...

Once inside, he got his draught, then started mingling in the crowd. There were a number of locals, flown in guests, and of course, the Infinity crew. Shadow and T.I. seemed to immersed in a game of chess over what looked to be two crystal glassfuls of well-aged Scotch. David was across the room talking to his mysterious guest. She looked extremely familiar to Highone, but he'd been so consumed with other things going on, he hadn't had much time to do any investigating. One thing was for sure though; she had a SPECTACULAR set of breasts. Hammer was not drinking, as he chose not to cloud his judgement or poison his body with the substance, but he certainly didn't seem to have a problem chatting it up with the three semi-intoxicated island girls in front of him. The only person he didn't see in the beachfront tent was DeSean. Normally, Highone wouldn't have given it any thought, but in a time like this, he didn't like the idea of any member of Infinity being unaccounted for. It was something that could have easily been dismissed at the sake of partying, but he was somewhat drunk and concerned; a mixture for trouble. He walked over to the various areas where his fellow Infinity advocates were located to see if they knew where the Technician was hiding out at.

Hammer: ...see, that's a common about misconception about the Muslim faith...it's just as much about peace and compassion as any of the major religi-....

Highone: Sorry to interrupt...

Hammer: No problem. I was just talking with these lovely women about Islam.

Highone: Ah, you big softy. Seriously ladies, wait till he gets to the part about what he won't and WILL eat! I'm sure you can all discuss it later...

Hammer: Hahaha! So, what's up?

Highone: Just seeing if you know where DeSean is. Haven't seen him for awhile...

Hammer: I saw him earlier tonight so I'm sure he's around here somewhere.

Highone: Thanks...I'll keep asking around.

Hammer: So...about this diet...

A few steps later and the alcohol-fueled investigation led him to the pairing of Shadow and Titanium Insomniac...

Shadow: Crap, check mate again...

Insomniac: The key is to see three or four moves ahead. Be like Vivaldi's "Four Seasons"....a symphony built up one instrument at a time...think of the brass still cooling in the mold, the wood being cut from the tree...the tree was once a sprout some long ago Spring, the brass refined from the wintered earth, the players once children who heard Vivaldi on the bottom of the dial on a road trip with their parents...and there they are now, all elements of that very piece of music getting a standing ovation at Carnagie Hall while their parents watch in the audience, crying.

Shadow: That was deep, bro.

Insomniac: Some damn fine malt Scotch. What can I say?

Highone: Hey guys, ya'll seen DeSean?

Insomniac: Afraid not, sorry...

Shadow: Me either, but don't sweat it. We've got security patrolling the island. And what would we be scared of? Don't you think our enemies learned their lesson at the house show?

Highone: I'm afraid they learned a lesson, just of a different nature.

Shadow: Seriously, just have a good time...enjoy yourself...find a girl, a bottle of champagne, and a hammock...

Highone: At some point, definitely. I'll let you guys get back to a rematch. I know Shadow won't be satisfied till get gets at least ONE win.

Shadow: You don't get to be a billionaire by losing...

As the two darkly-dressed, more intellectual, members of Infinity got back to another game of chess, Highone got back to doing his best Sam Marlowe impersonation. His last stop inside the indoor party space involved a familiar young troublemaker by the name of David Hardy.

Highone: H-Dizzle! How are you?

Hardy: Hey, mon.....I be irie...

Highone: Watch out Dave, or you might get mistaken for a local. Seems like we haven't chatted it up in forever.

Hardy: We've both been pretty busy.

The senior member of the RoXoRz looked over the blonde who'd accompanied Hardy throughout the trip.

Highone: I can see that! *wink wink* Speaking of which, we'll definitely catch up next leg of the tour...all of us. I'd really like to get to know your lady friend...

Hardy: More like know if she has a sister!

Highone: If so, I bet I can make her as wet as November.

He was shocked to see a look of embarassment actually cross David's face. Since when had Hardy started caring how inappropriate a comment was?

Hardy: Um...okay...so did you have something else to ask?

Highone: Yeah....have you seen DeSean?

Hardy: He was headed towards the beach with Tiffany last I saw. That was probably like fifteen minutes ago.

Highone: Awesome...thanks....

Hardy: Should I round up the boys?

Highone: I'm sure it's nothing. Ya'll go back to having fun. See you in a bit...

The duo parted ways, David going back to his conversation and Highone back to his investigation. The IC/TC Champion wasted little time, walking hurridly towards the dimly lit beach area. Over the hushed whisper of the waves lapping the beach, two voices could be heard. One was a Tiffany. The other sounded like DeSean. Their words were muffled in the night, but it was clear they were arguing. Highone was relieved to hear they were okay, although he was concerned about the state of their relationship. Tiffany seemed to mean so much to DeSean. It could have devestating effects if the two of them split up, though the destruction might be more towards others than self-inflicted, so perhaps there was a positive in their strife. Still, Highone first and foremost didn't want to see his friend hurt.

Possessing the knowledge that the two of them were safe, Highone pondered his next step. He decided it was time to head back and join the celebration. But first, there was a hand-rolled treat in his pocket that demanded attention. The flawed champion stumbled towards a remote area of the beach and plopped down. Highone began flicking his lighter to spark the Zig Zag-encased doobie, though it was difficult in the constant wind blowing off the ocean.

Meanwhile, a football field away, two S-Mart security guards stood at their post. Each was equipped with a MP-5 and a walkie talkie. In most situations, against most men, those things would have been quite helpful. This wasn't either of those times.

Guard #1: This travel is killing my marriage.

Guard #2: You sure it's not your gambling?

Guard #1: Hey, I can't help that the Yankees stink...what do y-...

Guard #2: Wha-...

Two figures made of the pitch black night itself, and just as silent, darted past the guards, laying each out along the way with little effort. Clouds covering the moon made their stealth even easier than it normally would have been. Both were children of the dark. They embraced it as a child does a mother. It was a comfortable path upon which to travel for the night's purpose. Darkness and Dante suddenly stopped, crouching behind a patch of palm trees. Ahead, not but fifty feet, they could make out a sillouette lit against the backdrop of the Carribean by the repetitive flickering of a small flame. The moonlight broke back through and cast a slight bit of illumination on the World Champion and his partner.

In the dark of night, on a deserted patch of beach, smiles glistened in the lunar glow.

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:38 am
Linda McMahon

DeSean shook his head as Tiffany walked away, her arms folded and a pout on her lips. With a sigh, he walked back to the party, intending to make the best of this situation if at all possible - maybe he'd take Highone up on that doobie now. As he approached the area where he knew the party was going on, he became confused. Where before there had been tiki lamps, a reggae band and a cluster of happy revellers, now there was silence. Above him the stars twinkled, now liberated from the firelight and perfectly visible in the crystal sky. As the clouds moved and a fat full moon came into view, DeSean shivered in the cool sea breeze.

"Where did everyone go...?" he asked, unsure of to whom exactly the question was directed. His voice sounded small and pathetic in the deserted night.

"Do not be alarmed."

He whirled ‘round, immediately ignoring the voice's advice to see a shadow he recognised by the shape of a sword hilt protruding over one shoulder lurking at the edges of the camp.

"Darkness..."

"Obviously."

DeSean clenched his fists, his anger overcoming his panic. "What did you do to them, you freak?!"

"Nothing at all - in fact, from their point of view it is you who has disappeared but as you weren't present at the time, I doubt they'll notice." The former champion's voice was calm, like a teacher explaining something to an unruly child.

"How...?" the question hovered on DeSean's lips as he tried to assimilate Darkness's information.

"My partner; he has abilities that surpass the limits of your understanding about what is and isn't possible," Darkness continued, "But that is not what I brought you here to talk about."

"You brought me..." he looked around, his mind still trying to fit itself into a world where a man could be spirited outside of time and space in an instant, "...here...to talk?"

"Of course. What else?"

"I dunno," DeSean shrugged, "Seems like it would be a good time to beat me up or something. No one watching...no one who could watch, even."

"Except my conscience, of course..."

DeSean raised his eyebrows. "That's a strange thing for someone like you to say - someone with no qualms about fucking with my girlfriend's mind."
The shadow that was Darkness moved slightly and DeSean sensed some discomfort in his foe. "I think you misunderstand me, Mr. Blackwell. You misunderstand who and what I am and the cause for which I fight. You misunderstand my motivations and, most importantly, you misunderstand exactly which side I'm on."

"Is that right?"

"It is."

DeSean folded his arms. He was getting tired of being lectured to like a naughty kid and he moved towards cutting the conversation short. "Look, this has been nice, but..."

"You are a man of faith, Mr. Blackwell, no?"

The young wrestler's eyes narrowed. "I am. You know that..."

"Indeed I do. I can feel the faith radiating from you like a warm fire - the coals are dimming in recent years as you have tried to reconcile your beliefs with certain activities that you know your religion finds...distasteful..."

"Hey now, I..."

"Theft, for instance," Darkness interrupted.

"Hey," DeSean moved closer, emboldened by the ire that was building up in him. Darkness might be a former world champion with a reputation that said you might as well lie down in the ring as try to beat him, but he was crossing a line here. "You don't know shit about my faith, and you're a fine one to talk about right and wrong with some of the crap I've heard you've pulled in your time here and the kind of freaks you're aligning yourself with."

"With every word you continue to demonstrate your ignorance of matters that lurk on the horizon for you - and for every human being - in the not-too-distant future," Darkness said again, his voice growing in volume in inverse proportion to his remaining amount of patience, "But you, alone amongst Infinity, have the necessary qualities to survive what awaits you...and us..."

"Us?" DeSean's confidence was faltering as Darkness's strange words seemed to hypnotise him.

"Mankind."

DeSean took a step back, unsure of what he was being told and of why he had been singled out to receive this cryptic information. "W...what are you trying to tell me...?"

"I am not trying to tell you anything," Darkness said slowly as he stepped from the shadows, revealing himself at last. In his eyes, fires burned that, when DeSean watched them flicker, seemed to be accompanied by the screams of millions of victims of some terrible catastrophe...distant; impossibly distant, but terrifying nonetheless.

"I am simply warning you. As of now you are an obstacle. Not a threat - simply a bump along the road - but still you block my path. I have no hesitation in removing you if that is what it must come to. You are in my way."

"W...why tell me this...?" DeSean stammered.

"Because I do not want you to be."

DeSean boggled at his enemy.

"Infinity are in my way. They will be destroyed if I deem it necessary. Dante has provided me with both the means to do that and with the means to warn you. You have two options: deliver this message to your stablemates so that they may prepare in whatever way best pleases them - for, make no mistake, no defence of any description will avail them against the forces I am able to bring to bear - or you may heed my advice, and save yourself."

"H...how?"

"Run, DeSean. Run far, far away..."

"You worried?"

DeSean looked up, meeting his partner's eyes with a hard stare. "Not worried, no..."

"So what then?" Highone asked with a smirk.

DeSean looked down at his feet. The two men were in the locker room as their match approached, preparing (and DeSean could not help mentally adding ‘in whatever way best pleases us' to that) for what should have been a fairly routine tag match - albeit against the best TCW had to offer, excepting Infinity themselves. He hadn't told anyone about what had happened on the beach that night, not even Tiffany, who was still inconsolable after all that had happened.

He muttered something inaudible causing Highone to lean closer. "You okay, man?"

DeSean continued to look at his feet. Almost from force of habit he placed his hand on the small cross around his neck. Darkness had said he could sense his faith like a warm fire - but he had implied that it was dying. He'd also implied that faith was the only thing that would allow DeSean to weather whatever storm was coming. It was eerily reminiscent of what the pastor had said to him in his office just a few days ago and something had begun to ring true in his words for the first time ever...

...people blame Lucifer all the time, but Lucifer isn't stronger than God. His power and influence only runs so deep; he can only influence you if you let him.

DeSean knew now what the pastor was trying to tell him and he realised that he was falling into the very trap he had described. He was doubting himself; letting Darkness's bizarre oratory unman him.

But...Darkness had said that he misunderstood his cause. Every report he'd read on Darkness mentioned his rigid and unflinching morality, his sense of decency and his unwavering courage. Darkness was a hero, and it seemed strange that he would ally himself with someone like Dante - the former "Lucifer's Champion".

Would Darkness - figuratively, of course - serve Lucifer? Would he sell his soul to destroy Infinity? Was that the nature of the deal he had made with Dante?

"DeSean?"

He looked up, surprised by Highone suddenly interrupting his reverie. "What?"

"You didn't speak for, like, five minutes, dude..." Highone said with a grin, but his smile couldn't hide the concern in his eyes.

"It's...it's nothing..."

His train of thought had lead him down a strange path, he realised. He felt that he was at a place where the pastor's words made even more sense.
You see DeSean, Satan is going to tempt us. There's sin everywhere; all around us and we have a choice on whether or not we want partake in that sin. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. We're human, we make mistakes.

DeSean realised he had been about to make a mistake. He had been about to throw everything away and give in to Satan's temptations - in this particular case, to be a coward and flee due to fear.

He smiled at Highone and his partner smiled back. "You alright?" Highone asked.

"Yeah, actually I think I am."

He stood up and looked down at the ROH belt that sat beside him. Darkness's words had cut kind of deep, he had to admit, but he realised now that that was all part of his opponent's plan to make him give up, to make him hide in a corner like a scared child. Darkness had no wish to fight DeSean, and the cocky youngster understood why now; he was scared. Scared that he and Infinity would stop whatever he was trying to do and so he had tried to remove DeSean from the fight altogether.

Well, his faith was indeed strong. Silently he thanked God and, oddly, he thanked Darkness for telling him exactly what he needed to hear to know he was on the right track. The mysterious man's mind games had badly backfired, he realised ruefully. Satan had failed this time.

He nodded to Highone and then at the door with a determined look in his eyes, "C'mon...let's give ‘em Hell..."

Dante turned his head to the knock at the door. It confused him because there was no need for it - he had felt Darkness approach. He nodded and Acolyte opened the door, admitting his partner. Darkness was dressed for the coming match, stripped to the waist with his face-paint freshly applied.
With an odd look, he glanced at the only other door in the locker room which was currently closed. They all knew who was behind it and Dante felt a dull panic in the pit of his stomach. They were about to come so close, but he knew that it could all fail here. The click of the lock being unfastened made him jump, even though he could feel in his mind exactly what the occupant of the adjoining room was doing.

She stepped out, causing Dante to momentarily lose his breath as he beheld her. Selenia was as beautiful as ever and both demure and alluring in her full-length white dress. The shabby, black-clad Darkness was somewhat out-of-place in the room with the three others in flawless white.

For a second, tension filled the small room as Darkness and Selenia stood face to face. Slowly, Darkness began to extend his hand and bowed his head slightly. "My lady..." he greeted her.

She took his hand and performed a small, barely noticeable curtsey. "Lord Antichrist. I and my people have waited long for your coming."

Her words sunk in and the final piece of the puzzle fitted into place in Dante's mind. It made a twisted kind of sense, of course, though Darkness had told him nothing of his encounter with Lucifer before their match. What's more, it explained just why Darkness had so readily agreed to his plan.

"Then everything is ready," he said with nods at all present in the room.

"Yes," Darkness agreed. He took a step towards Dante and began to speak in a low voice, "Do you remember, Jason, what I told you on that rooftop in Dayton?"

Dante's lips twisted into a strange shape as he recalled the memory. After injecting Darkness with the essence of a bound demon, he had then goaded him into almost killing him so that the serum would begin to function, interacting with the latent Mark of the Destroyer on his soul - the Mark of 666, Dante also realised with a start.

"I sense it is an unhappy memory; one you would sooner forget."

Dante nodded.

"However, my words then were prophetic, as it turned out."

"How so?" Dante asked in a hoarse voice. Remembering the kind of man he had once been was not easy for him.

"I said that, by the power vested in me by the Order of Shadow Slayers, I would end you. Do you remember?"

Dante nodded again.

"And so it has become. The Jason Christopher Dante that was then has been ended, destroyed by my actions and," he added, "the actions of those around you - around us." Here he glanced at Selenia.

"What once was between us is ended, and now we are to be reborn anew." He looked over at Acolyte and gestured with his head that he should join them. Acolyte stood and walked over to his companions, his trepidation obvious. Darkness was the first to extend his hand into the centre of the triangle and Dante's pale fingers settled on his own a second later. Finally, Acolyte also joined them.

"Gentlemen," Darkness said, looking at each in turn, "Let's give them..."

Flames flashed in his eyes...

"...HELLFIRE."

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:27 pm
Profile E-mail

Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:25 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]