[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - The War in Hell (and other tales of the End Times)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 The War in Hell (and other tales of the End Times) 
Linda McMahon

Post The War in Hell (and other tales of the End Times)
What this is: for some time now, I've been intending to put these somewhere people can read them without having to wade through pages of non-match feuding on two different sites. For those who don't know, for over a year now, myself and others have been writing the story of a civil war taking place in Hell and the events that have no spread to Earth through the actions of characters such as Darkness and Dante. If you've had feuds with either of us, chances are you saw some of this background in use, but were probably a little confused. This is my attempt to make it more accesible for those that are interested.

Dave started this, based on feuds written by Bleeder, Bruce, Dante and others. They were the forerunners in creating a mythology for the 411fed and Dave was fascinated by the idea of expanding what they'd written into a new background for his character, Shogun. Coincedentally, I had just joined the fed and, as my first feud was against Shogun, I had a lot of contact with Dave. With his blessing, myself and Tubby began to write non-match feuding posts that added to and changed the story, adding new perspectives. Azathoth joined us from seemingly nowhere and added a new dimension to the story, changing the war from a battle based on petty alliances, to but one front in the coming Armageddon.

Dave's passing derailed much of what we'd planned, but I was determined to continue with what we'd begun. In my feud with Tubby, we resolved Shogun's story and added a new side - Heaven, but now allied with the forces of Hell against a far more terrible foe.

Since that time I, with occasional contributions from Azathoth, have continued the story, weaving it in with my own feuds. I'm certain very few people have followed it all, but I'd like more people to. The story isn't over, and I intend to add War in Hell posts to this thread (which hopefully someone can move to the Feuding forum) rather than non-match feuding.

If you have any interest in being a part of this story, I implore you to PM me and we can talk about how we might integrate your character or work out a new character that fits in with the existing mythology.

What I ask in return is that you respect what has been written by prominent fed members like myself as well as members of the Creative team and treat it as you would any other feuding: as an official part of the extended universe of the 411fed and ECF. Though the characters presented in these posts use the names and some of the features of characters in the holy writings of the Abrahamic relgions and (in the case of the Abysmal faction) the Cthulu mythos and we obviously claim no ownership of these, they are as much side characters as Carl Sweers, Mohammed Jabbar or Bricky (;)). If you do wish to use elements from Christian myths in your feuds, you'll be assumed to be referring to whats written here - 'Lucifer' is the guy written about below, 'Hell' is the place described.

Thanks for reading. I'll be re-posting some of Dave's non-match feuding posts shortly. Everything is in the chronological order it was written.

EDIT: Can you not actually post in this as well? It's literally just for re-posting the non-match feuding stuff.

***Spoilers Ahead***

Disposition of the War so far, for quick refrence.

I was reading something unrelated and it occured to me that it's been so long since any Hell stuff was written that I have no idea what's going on. With that in mind, I reviewed the feuding and made a list of who's involved and what they're doing. I thought it might come in handy for future refrence. The following are all considered to be joint side-characters of Darkness, Dante and anyone else writing in this storyline.

Hell: those loyal to Lucifer

Lucifer, First of the Fallen, AKA Satan, 'The Nameless One': Commander in Chief, currently commands from Hades alongside his generals. Usually appears as a handsome, olive skinned man with sleek long black hair tied back and a neatly trimmed goatee. On Earth he might wear a red or black suit but in Hell prefers brass armour.

Abbadon, The Destroyer: Commander of the Legio Incubi, formerly residing in the iron city of Hades. He is the master of Hell's Locusts - the Destroyer Hive. His ineptitude as a general was beginning cost Hell the war until, at Endgame, Lucifer sent him to Earth where he was killed by Dark Azrael (Darkness). In life, Abbadon appeared as a sterotypical 'big red demon' with horns, cloven hoofs and, later, wings. He carried a weapon known as the Sword of Heroes, able to rip the souls from warriors it killed and imprison them within the blade - amongst the inhabitants were said to be Achilles and Odysseus.

Michael, Angel of Light: Foremost of the Archangels and a general acting from Hades. Evidently a brilliant leader, but his distatste for demons prevents him from leading the whole army. He wears gleaming silver armour and leads the Seraphim -elite warrior angels, many of whom were massacred thanks to Abbadon's incompetence.

Raphael, The Healer: An Archangel whose aspect is healing, but who is also charged with blowing the horn that signals the beginning of Armageddon. He is known for his impatience, possibly because he supsects his time is drawing near.

Uriel, The Wise: Angel of knowledge. Not present in Hell.

Gabriel, The Messenger: Angel that communicates the mandates of Heaven. The third of the angels sent to fight in Hell.

Selaphiel, The Devout: Angel of Prayer. Not present in Hell.

Baal: Father of the Incubi, formerly held in thrall by Abbadon in Hades. After The Destroyer's death, Lucifer brought Darkness to Hell to witness Baal's rise. The gargantuan creature stood up from his throne as the last of Hell's Locusts left his body. It was implied he owes fealty to Darkness now.

Abigor and Abigar: Incubi generals.

Zepar: Field commander of the Incubi.

Lillith: Mistress of the Succubi. Their role in the war remains undefined, though Lillith herself recently paid a visit to Earth in an effort to undermine the relationship between Dante and Selenia. This seems to be for personal reasons connected to the fate of the City of Dis rather than for any motive connected to the War.

Nergal: Spymaster, commander of the Infernal Gaze; Lucifer's spy network.

Orcus, Scourge of Traitors: Torturer.

Ullikumi: Unknown powerful entity summoned by Lucifer. His role remains undefined.

Lynx: A minor demon, nominal kind of Hell's suburbs, pressed into service manufacturing weapons.

The Incubi: Hell's mightiest warriors. They appear as creatures carved of living obsidian, masked in iron and bearing glowing hot swords or glaives. It is implied that they now serve Darkness.

The Dilutes: Half-human slaves of the Destroyer Cult used as cannon-fodder. They may have been destroyed along with Abbadon.

Renegades: Those Loyal to the Abysmal God Apophis

Beelzebub, Lord of Flies: Commander in Chief. He appears as a humanoid shape composed entirely of buzzing flies.

Belial: Earth demon, a high-ranking member of the rengade council. Beelzebub's 'brother'. He resembles his brother in as much as he is a humanoid shape composed of something else - but in this case mud, filth and writhing worms and insects. It is apparent that his origin is as some
kind of evil expulsion from the Earth itself.

Semiazas: Commander of the Fallen Angels, once servants of Luicfer. He is an unusual centaurid creature with wings and heavy hooves.

Zagan: Demon of deciet, another member of the council. He appears as a pale, thin man with a long white beard and no hair on his head.

Vetis: Keeper of infernal contracts, a council member. Vetis is humanoid, but entirely without skin - he lacks even eyelids.

Spyne: Torturer and commander of the Husks. Also a council member. Spyne is eight feet tall and looks like a blackened husk with a huge, bulbous head and great, jagged teeth.

Typhon, The Hammer of Apophis: The eldest and most powerful of the Titans.

Malthus and Murmur: Demonic pawns. Malthus always wears red and Murmur blue.

Sammael: Non-corporeal demon servant. He looks like a shadow with glowing red eyes.

The War on Earth

Darkness: Reincarntion of Azrael, Angel of Death. Once ignorant, but at Endgame learnt the truth of the War when he merged with the Shadowman to bcome Dark Azrael. It transpires that he is also the Antichrist.

Jason Dante, Son of Lucifer: Once Darkness's enemy, it was discovered at Endgame that he is Lucifer's Son and also the 'Dragon' of the Biblical Revelation. His lover is Selenia, a succubus which he has redeemed.

Seth Drake, Herald of Apophis: Agent of the Abysmal Ones on Earth. Origin and motives unknown. Manipulates Dante into harming Darkness to destabalise the alliance between Heaven and Hell. Heads the council of those loyal to the Abysmal Ones in Istanbul. He was defeated at Endgame and his current fate is unknown.

The Wargs of Goth: The werebreed, demon-wolf hybrids loyal to Seth. Goth was killed by Darkness at Endgame.

Vampires: Those who care are loyal to Abyss. They are led by Dragon, a former Shadow Slayer killed by Darkness at the moment of his transformation into vampire.

The Shadow Slayers: Led by Nathan Bolas, are manipulated into serving the ends of the Abysmal Ones by an unknown agent. Considered 'a spent force'.

Benedict Ahab, Jack Dane, Marta Hayes and John Doe: Renegade Slayers at large in North America. They have been charged with finding Darkness's daughter.

Shogun: Former demon of Beelzebub, now returned to human form. Whereabouts unknown.

Unallied Characters:

Bleeder and Ta-Te: Offered positions of power by both Lucifer and Beelzebub but refused to declare for either side. Despite this, Bleeder manipulated the events that led to Shogun's salvation and thus the introduction of the Angels into the war, as well as the death of Josh Mitchell.

Azazel: Abbadon's disgraced brother, currently pursuing motives of his own. May be allied with Bleeder.

Asmodeus: A high-ranking demon determined to sit out the war. He is a beautiful, androgyneous creature who rules Dis with Lillith.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

London, England 1752

James Edward sat in his study, drinking some wine... He looked into the fireplace, watching the flames lick the inner walls of the chimney. Small sparks rose from the fire and floated out of sight like demons struggling to free themselves from Hell's embrace. Edwards smiled, bringing the glass to his lips for another sip.

In the distance, he heard the knock, soft at first, but eventually becoming very loud and constant. He heard the door break down, but did not get up. He had no need, he knew who it was and why they had come...

The authorities discovered the bodies, or more appropriately, what was left of the bodies in a small room in the basement of Edward's basement. Thirty-seven victims. The only real part of the bodies that remained intact were the spines... Each victims' backbone had been carefully removed and hung on the wall like a trophy. Actually, not like trophies, they WERE trophies. Recognition of his superiority over those that he had killed.

Edward's trial was short, really just a formality since no one suspected for a second that he was not guilty of each and every one of the murders that had plagued the city for two years. Edward himself merely sat there through the trial, a small grin occasionally flashing over his face as stories of his brutality were told...

The hanging took place at dawn. Edward remembered looking out at the rising sun and shutting his eyes. The light was too intense. He had always hated bright lights. He preferred the dark. Everything had the same color and dull monotony. He appreciated this. He liked the ordered look that the darkness gave things...

The death part came quickly. Someone was droning in the background, a priest Edward thought, but he did not care. It was time for him to go to the dark where he belonged. He longed for the dark. He needed it. He smiled at the same moment as the lever was pulled. The slight feeling of falling came over him before he fell into the blackness that he craved.

John Edward opened his eyes and found himself on the hard earth. He looked around himself. The courthouse was gone, as were the bystanders, priest, and executioner. He was in the middle of a large open space. He stood up, shaking off the dirt that was clinging to his shirt and began to walk. He was unsure of direction, but he felt compelled to go that way.

The screams of pain welled up from out of his vision, he could hear people in agony, but could never see them. It was as if they were constantly moving further away, just beyond the horizon, taunting him. He wanted to watch. He wanted to collect more trophies...

Unknown to John Edward however, someone was watching him. This particular someone was doing more than looking at the man walking across the plains of Hell, they were looking inside of the man. His eyes watched Edward smile at the screams of pain and he smiled too. It appeared that he was about to get his new lieutenant...

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Hell's Outer Plains

Voice: "James Edward."

Edward turned around slowly. What he saw would have turned most men into puddles of fear, but he was only mildly alarmed. Such emotions as fear had left him long ago. Perhaps they had never existed for him at all...

What was in front of him was a truly awesome sight. At least ten feet tall and made of flies. It looked like the being in front of him was just a swarming mass of flies that had taken a remotely human form. It opened its mouth to speak again. Several flies flew out of the hole and settled elsewhere on the writhing mass.

Being: "You are not afraid. Interesting. I have made angels quake with my very presence before."

James: "I have only one fear demon... And it is not you."

Being: "Ahh, yes... Light. A fear shared by many down here."

Instantly, they were both in a brightly lit room, white lights issued forth from all sides, floor and ceiling. Edward crumpled on the floor, his hands over his eyes.

Being: "Now, where were we? Oh yes. Fear. Would you like me to take you from this place?"

James nodded, keeping his hands over his eyes. The demon shrugged and they were back on Hell's Outer Plain again. Edward opened his eyes slowly, blinking away the flashes of light that played across his vision.

Being: "Let's cut to the chase. You have been noticed by those of us who are above the rest of this rabble. You have... potential. We wish to exploit this."

James: "What do you want?"

Being: "Ahh... a question that has all too many answers. Let's get more specific and say what we want with you: Servitude. You will work for us James Edward. We will give you power. In exchange for this, you will sacrifice what you have left of your humanity. You will leave all human emotion aside. You will exist only to do the bidding of those above you."

James looked at the roiling mass of flies for a moment. The power that he felt emanating from the creature was immense. He found himself hungering for it.

James: "What do I have to do?"

The being's face shifted slightly. To James, it looked almost like a smile.

Being: "You have to do nothing except prepare yourself."

James had no time to wonder what this meant. As soon as the being had finished talking, a small swarm of flies flew from its body and enveloped him. James began to scream as he felt them burrow their way into his body. He felt like his blood was on fire. James felt himself changing, shifting. He felt stronger than he had ever felt before. He felt alive for the first time. Too bad he had to die for that to happen.

The last of the flies disappeared, tunneled under his skin. The being looked at James and smiled. James had changed. His skin had become charred and burned-looking, his teeth and fingernails had grown into long points, his tongue had become long and slender... The most noticable change however, was his eyes. They were all black. No iris, no pupil, just black. From somewhere deep inside, a faint, purple glow emanated.

James blinked, taking in his new body. He saw the world for the first time and realized that he had been missing out. His new demon eyes could see so much more than his normal human eyes had been able to. The first thing that he saw was the source of the cries of pain. All around him now, he could see mutilated bodies, still alive, but horribly mangled. They had been invisible to his human eyes, but now he saw them all. He listened to their screaming and licked his lips with hunger at the sound of their agony.

Being: "I see you approve."

James: "Yes. What is it that you want me to do?"

His eyes continued to survey the victims all around him. He wondered how easy it would be for his new body to remove their spines with his bare hands. He longed to try.

Being: "First thing's first... You have to speak to someone who can help you on your way..."

James: "You read my mind? Who are you?"

Being: "Easy enough. Soon you'll discover that you can do the same. Most of our kind can. As for who I am... I have more names than I can count, but most call me Beelzebub, Lord of the Flies..."

With that, the being disappeared, leaving James standing in the middle of Hell's Outer Plain, surrounded by tortured souls...

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Hell's Downtown Section: Lucifer's Office at the Top of a Tall Tower

Beelzebub walked through the heavy wooden door. Lucifer looked up at him and gave a small smile.

Lucifer: "Is it done?"

Beelzebub: "He has been altered. He will do your bidding now."

Lucifer nodded and motioned with his arm. A figure stepped out from the shadows and walked over. They carefully moved around Beelzebub, avoiding the swarming flies that buzzed around him. Lucifer noticed this and smiled. He loved the fear that his demons felt for his right hand. He turned his attention to the figure next to him.

Lucifer: "Ta-Te... You know what I want you to do. Just show him the ropes. Show him where he'll be working. That's it. No funny business."

Ta-Te looked at him for a moment before turning, a slight smile playing across her lips. She left without a word.

Lucifer turned to Beelzebub.

Lucifer: "So what do you think? Does he have potential?"

Beelzebub: "There won't be another one with as much potential for over two hundred and fifty years."

Lucifer nodded in agreement. He also had forseen the coming of the other. He felt an unusual sensation running through his body: apprehension. He looked quickly over to Beelzebub, afraid that he had noticed the change, but he was gone. Only a couple of flies buzzing around lazily left any indication that he had ever been there.

Hell's Outer Plain

James smiled. He looked down at the spine that he held in his hand and revelled in the power that coursed through his body. He didn't feel power: He WAS power... His gaze shifted down to the body laying before him. They had been screaming for an end to their suffering. He had given them that. He felt like a god. He controlled life and death, pain and fear were his weapons...

Suddenly, he was standing in what could best be described as an old factory. Steel walls and floor, cold girders overhead, chains hanging down... He looked around him, not sure where he was.

James: "Beelzebub?"

Voice: "Not quite..."

A woman stepped into view. At least, close enough for him to tell it was a woman. He looked her up and down, not sure if this was another trick. His demonic eyes scanned her from head to toe. They picked up the black aura that pulsed around her like a cloud: a demon.

James: "Who are you?"

Ta-Te: "Call me Ta-Te. I'm here to get you started."

She smiled and James instantly felt a heady feeling come over him. It was like her smile had taken over his senses. He would have done anything for her at that moment.

Ta-Te: "This is where you will be working."

James: "Working?"

Ta-Te: "What, you think you got these new powers for nothing? Beelzebub told you that you worked for us now. This is where that will happen."

James: "And what is my job to be?"

Ta-Te: "Oh, you'll find it's perfectly suited for someone with your... interests."

She reached out her hand and snapped her fingers. A table appeared in front of them. A figure was chained to it, screaming in pain. His body had been horribly burned and mangled.

Ta-Te: "He's one of the special ones. You get to hurt him."

James brought his gaze back down to the figure. He smiled.

James: "Who is he?"

Ta-Te: "Oh, he's been here for awhile. He was called Brutus back on Earth. Here, we just call him a traitor."

James smiled again and leaned closer. His glowing eyes scanned the tortured body and then looked around him.

James: "What am I to torture him with?"

Ta-Te: "Anything that you want. Just think about it. Remember, you are a demon. There is little that is beyond the realm of possibility for you."

James' eyes flashed a purple glow. He looked around. Now, hanging on the chains were tools of varying shapes and sizes. He had made them appear simply by wanting them to. His eyes flashed again and the lights dimmed down to almost total blackness. His demon eyes saw everything perfectly though. Light was not necessary.

He picked a meat hook off of a chain and turned back to Brutus.

Ta-Te: "This is to be your job. You are to torture special cases. The truly wicked, the traitors."

James: "And may I keep their spines?"

James looked over at Ta-Te hopefully, reaching over to pick up the spine from the victim in the Outer Plain. He looked longingly at it before turning his eyes back to Ta-Te.

Ta-Te: "Yes. Two things though."

James clutched the spine protectively, expecting a trick.

Ta-Te: "First, you must keep them alive. You have the power in you to do that, regardless of what you remove. They are to be tortured for eternity. And two... Your name... James Edward. Not exactly a name for a demon. You need a new one."

James looked at her thoughtfully for a moment before turning his eyes back down to the backbone resting in his hands. His eyes lit up and his smile grew wide.

James: "Spyne... My name is Spyne."

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Spyne's Torture Chambers...

Thus began the greatest moments of the former James Edward's life... He loved hurting others more than anything and now, he had an eternity to do just that. He got the privilege of torturing some of history's most notable figures: Brutus, Hitler, Genghis Khan... They were all the same to Spyne though: enjoyment. They were the thing that made him happiest. Their screams were his smiles. Their anguish was his happiness. Their fear was his passion. Nothing had ever made him feel more alive... Than being dead.

January 24, 1989

Spyne traced his finger lovingly over the spines on his wall. He had now amassed over three hundred of them. He gazed at them as a normal person might gaze upon the Mona Lisa. There was a flash and another person was now attached to his table. Spyne turned around and smiled. He had heard of this one. Spyne glanced over at a set of large speakers attached to the wall. They didn't seem to be connected to anything, but at his behest, they began to play anyway. They began to play a song that perfectly reflected Spyne's mood...

Ted Bundy looked over at the disfigured Spyne and began to scream.

I see trees of green... red roses too
I watch 'em bloom... for me and for you
And I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

Spyne brought the whip down across Ted Bundy's chest.

I see skies of blue... clouds of white
Bright blessed days... warm sacred nights
And I think to myself ... what a wonderful world.

He brought the whip down again and again. Lacerations criss-crossed across Bundy's body. He screamed for Spyne to stop. Spyne did... With the whip anyway. He turned away momentarily before turning back with a handful of scorpions. he set them down on Bundy's body and they began stinging him over and over. Bundy screamed again, louder than before. Spyne watched and smiled...

The colors of a rainbow... so pretty in the sky
Are there on the faces... of people going by
I see friends shaking hands... sayin' how do you do
They're really sayin'... I love you.

Spyne blinked and the scorpions disappeared. Ted sighed and closed his eyes. He seemed to think the worst was over. Spyne smiled... Instantly, Bundy's body was covered in fire. Spyne inhaled deeply, enjoying the aroma of burning flesh. Bundy's screaming was renewed.

I hear babies cry... I watch them grow
They'll learn much more... than I'll never know
And I think to myself ... what a wonderful world

Spyne took the fire away. He didn't want things to be over so quickly. He did have an eternity after all... His hand dipped down into a barrel of salt that he kept nearby. He brought his hand out and began rubbing it over Bundy's body, savoring the screams that the stinging crystals created in his latest toy. He took his hand away and, with a thought, the fire engulfed the body again. Spyne smiled. This was the life he had always dreamed of. He looked forward to tomorrow when he could continued his torture of Bundy. For the time being, he would burn him some more and then let him go to his cell in the bowels of Hell's dungeons. He would let Bundy think the worst was over. He would start to feel a sense of hope... Then he would be brought back for more. That was what Hell truly was: the absence of hope. Spyne smiled again as the fires charred and blistered Bundy's skin. He listened to it bubbling. He listened to it sizzling... He listened to the heavenly sounds of screaming... and he smiled.

And I think to myself... what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself...what a wonderful world...

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Hell: 1897

Spyne: "Hello Ta-Te."

Ta-Te came out of the shadows, flanked by another figure. This figure stayed concealed.

Spyne looked at Ta-Te, temporarily losing his train of thought before recovering it again.

Spyne: "What is it? What do you want?"

Spyne turned back momentarily to the figure on the table next to him and the figure: Benedict Arnold, burst into flames. He began to scream. He turned back to Ta-Te, grinning.

Spyne: "Well?"

Ta-Te: "You have been summoned."

Spyne's grin faltered somewhat. He hated going to see the Big Guy. It made him leave his fun... Spyne's gaze turned back to the figure in the shadows.

Spyne: "Who's your friend Ta-Te?"

Ta-Te: "Who, him? He's an... associate of mine. Bleeder? Meet Spyne. Spyne? Meet Bleeder..."

Earth: July 22, 2003...

Everyone in the ring is crawling out from the metal mess, as the faces and heels all rush in. A huge brawl errupts, and everyone is taking hits hard.

A pile of wreckage where the top of the ramp used to be begins to shake. Metal flies away and Bleeder walks out, eerily calm.

The huge brawl continues on in the ring, as Bleeder slowly walks towards it. One by one, the heels and faces begin to notice Bleeder, and the fighting ceases.

Bleeder slowly enters the ring and stands in the center. Bruce, MKick, Coren, Dante, Baroness, Bamlicious, NSane, Iron Curtain, Lance and Beaver all stand around him. Bleeder crosses his arms and energy seems to be flowing around him. Everyone is frozen in the ring.
Bruce's computers begin to screach and flash wildly. Some metal scraps are slightly levitating, and everyone in the ring is slowly shaking, yet unable to move.

The single on the cameras is disrupted and a piercing screach rings through the arena. Sparks fly from Bruce's computers.

Bruce, MKick, Coren, Dante, Baroness, Bam, IC, Lance, Mr. Beaver are gone.

The noise is replaced with a deafening silence.

Bleeder collapses in the middle of the ring...

Hell: 1752

Beelzebub walked through the heavy wooden door. Lucifer looked up at him and gave a small smile.

Lucifer: "Is it done?"

Beelzebub: "He has been altered. He will do your bidding now."

Lucifer nodded and motioned with his arm. A figure stepped out from the shadows and walked over. They carefully moved around Beelzebub, avoiding the swarming flies that buzzed around him. Lucifer noticed this and smiled. He loved the fear that his demons felt for his right hand. He turned his attention to the figure next to him.

Lucifer: "Ta-Te... You know what I want you to do. Just show him the ropes. Show him where he'll be working. That's it. No funny business."

Ta-Te looked at him for a moment before turning, a slight smile playing across her lips. She left without a word.

Beelzebub: "There won't be another one with as much potential for over two hundred and fifty years."

Lucifer nodded in agreement. He also had forseen the coming of the other. He felt an unusual sensation running through his body: apprehension.

Hell: July 22, 2003

Lucifer dropped the prophecy scroll on his desk and stared dumbfounded at the monitor screen. His eyes went from the 411Fed program and then back to the scroll...

Lucifer: "Him? You're kidding... Ta-Te's bitch?"

Hell (well, the suburbs): August 25, 2004...

And Bleeder??

Oh he returned to Hell's Suburb with Ta-Té

Only something was not quite right, he tried to enter their house, which was now more like a huge medieval castle but the door wouldn't open

"Is everything a pain in the ass down here!!"

A window opened and Lynx poked his head out the window

Lynx: "Pipe down!! The King of Hell's Suburb commands you"

"KING??"

Lynx: "Yep, got a phone call - big guy all in red - he wanted ME to run the Suburb and all"

"WHAT??"

Lynx: "Sorry you were out though, I think your name was on the list but since he couldn't get in touch with you... "

Bleeder stuck in Hell's suburb once again only now LYNX of all --- erm "people"was the ruler of that realm

This just wasn't his day...

Hell's Suburb: August 26, 2004...

Spyne knocked on the door. There was a grumbling sound and a small man with an unhappy look on his face opened the door.

Spyne: "Who the Hell are you? I'm here to see Lynx."

Man: "My name is L..."

Lynx poked his head around the corner, cutting the man off.

Lynx: "That you Spyne? The Big Guy gave me a call, said you'd be stopping by on your way through."

Lynx disappeared again and Spyne stepped into the castle. He walked into where Lynx had vanished to and saw him sitting in a leather recliner, watching The Facts of Life on the television.

Spyne: "You watch this for fun?"

Lynx nodded, not looking up. His head was bobbing absently to the music.

Spyne: "I torture people for a living, but even I'm not that cruel."

Spyne sighed and sat down. Lynx finally found the energy to pull his gaze from the television and turned to Spyne.

Lynx: "You thirsty?"

Spyne nodded. Lynx snapped his fingers and the man who had answered the door walked into the room, still looking heavily depressed.

Lynx: "L.B.... Root beer, and step on it!"

The man nodded and walked out. Spyne turned to Lynx, his eyebrows raised slightly.

Spyne: "L.B.? What's that stand for?"

Lynx: "Huh? Oh... it stands for L..."

L.B. came back in with the root beers and Lynx lost his train of thought. He took a long sip and leaned back into his chair.

Lynx: "So... you've been told to go Upside, huh? Can you say why or is it really hush hush?"

Spyne: "I've been told to have some fun, show a certain Has Been what a demon can really do in the 411."

Lynx: "Yeah, but you're dead, don't you need a body or something?"

Spyne's glowing purple gaze focused on Lynx and he grinned.

Spyne: "Already working on it. He's in the Fed, already a sinner, and now, he's hearing voices. He thinks they are in his head. They are, but they are also mine..."

Lynx chuckled. Spyne smiled. L.B. moped, but the figure peering in through Lynx's window did none of these things.

Bleeder watched...

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Shogun vs. Darkness: 411Fed Mojakked - 16/02/05

In this feud, Shogun first encountered mysterious newcomer Darkness in his first match. In their meetings before the match, they fought and gradually earned one another's respect. Darkness was one of few men able to recover from the 'Brilliant Jade' - a paralysing pressure strike - in time to counter Shogun's deadly 'Way of the Warrior' double roundhouse. In their match, Darkness forced Shogun to tap to his 'Darkshooter' submission hold, paving the way for his success that followed.

Shogun vs. Josh Mitchell vs. David Hardy: 411 Fed Bedlam- 3/02/05

In this feud, Shogun, Josh and Hardy, finally driven insane by one another, slaughtered each other in a warehouse and passed into Hell. There before their time, they found their way out but Shogun, in order to ensure his companions could escape, distracted Lucifer for long enough for Josh and Hardy to flee. They made their way back to Earth while Shogun did not.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Exhausted, Darkness returned to his hotel room and collapsed immediately onto his bed. He shut his eyes for a second, not yet intending to go to sleep for he still had much to do, but fate had other plans in store for him...

A desolate landscape...scarred, dead earth that smelt like rotting flesh. In the distance, the sound of some mighty creature bellowing could be heard. Whatever it was, it seemed close, and yet Darkness couldn't see anything nearby.

Realisation dawned. He was somewhere where the usual rules of physics were suspended at the whim of someone powerful enough to bend them to his will. He frowned...why had he been brought here? He knew he wasn't ready yet, that he would be crushed easily as he had been before. Suddenly, he heard a voice behind him:

"Welcome."

Darkness turned and met the eyes of a creature that every instinct in his body called out for him to kill. He reached behind him for a set of pistols that were no longer there...

The thing smiled joylessly behind its iron mask...Darkness couldn't see its mouth, but he had looked into eyes like this before and knew how to read their emotions...and spoke again, rasping in a throat that had never felt the kiss of moisture, "You surmise correctly that you have no right to be here."

"I'm not ready for this yet..."

"No, you are not," the demon said, "and my master is not interested in crushing insects."

"So why am I here?" Darkness asked, "Or is this a delusion like the counsellor told me all the rest was?"

The demon said nothing, merely turned and walked away. Darkness followed, for it seemed as if that was what he was supposed to do. They walked for an indeterminate time - it was impossible to measure such things in the entirely featureless landscape - and eventually reached the only geographical feature that Darkness had seen so far. A ridge overlooking a similar plateau...and below, the source of the bellowing he had heard earlier.

It was clear now why it had seemed close...Satan had manifested in a gargantuan form and the sound was magnified by his vast, membranous wings. Nonetheless, Darkness still recognised him. He started forward, only to be stopped by the demon's muscular arm across his chest. "Watch," it said.

What was going on? The Enemy was in combat with someone - but what manner of man was powerful enough to face down Satan himself? Darkness frowned and strained his eyes; the figure was minuscule next to the Devil, and yet his movements seemed familiar...

"Shogun...?"

For a split second, perspective warped and he met the eyes of the Intercontinental Champion. The Japanese man frowned, "What are you..."

His words were cut off by the sweep of a vast blade which Shogun somehow managed to dodge. Evidently, the champion put all thoughts of his former opponent out of his head and concentrated on his ultimate enemy; everyone's ultimate enemy.

"What is he doing here?" Darkness asked his demonic guide, "What business does he have with Satan?"

"You think this is your fight, child?" the demon enquired by way of reply, "Believe me when I tell you that you are not ready."

"I beat him..." Darkness said, desperation now clear in his voice, "Just last week...he gave up..."

"You are not ready." Replied the demon simply.

"Then why show me this?" Darkness's desperation turned to his familiar rage, "Why bring me here?"

"Because you needed to see this, to see that you are on the right course."

Darkness frowned. He was confused, "Why...why are you helping me?"

The demon moved slightly, and its shape changed. Wings like those of a swan but many times larger opened behind its back and its obsidian-black skin changed to a more human hue. Its armour of scorched iron became shining silver inlaid with gold and its mask transformed into a close fitting helmet atop long, dark hair.

The angel smiled. "Have faith, child. You will have your chance at redemption."

The breath rushed back into Darkness's lungs and he shot bolt-upright in his hotel bed. He looked over at the clock on the bedside cabinet and saw that it was early morning. The sunrise shone through the balcony doors, turning everything to gold. He felt refreshed and calm...the nightmares were gone for a time. He considered phoning his psychiatrist to report another ‘episode', but decided against it.

This morning, it felt good to be insane.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Time...

"Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy "

"Time is pain."

"In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy."

"Yes."

"Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The land lord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, be happy
Lood at me I am happy
Don't worry, be happy "

Shogun looked up from the table. Pain wracked his body. He watched as the figure stepped forward. He could vaguely make out two other figures in the shadows, watching.

"Here I give you my phone number
When you worry call me
I make you happy
Don't worry, be happy "

The figure was horribly burned. Charred, cracked skin that split and peeled with every movement. The black eyes that regarded him with little interest. The silver teeth, sharpened to needle-like points.

"Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got not girl to make you smile
But don't worry be happy
Cause when you worry
Your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy (now)..... "

"Let's continue."

"There is this little song I wrote
I hope you learn it note for note
Like good little children
Don't worry, be happy"

The whip came down, arcing through the air like a bolt of lightning. It seared his flesh. Shogun gritted his teeth and tried to remember how he had gotten there. It was all so long ago though.

"Listen to what I say
In your life expect some trouble
But when you worry
You make it double
Don't worry, be happy"

Time flows differently in Hell. Days became years. Weeks became centuries.

Shogun saw the sharpened teeth of the figure flash as it smiled, regarding him with interest. Shogun hurt. All over. His body was a tapestry of agony, a canvas of pain. And this creature was the artist. The two figures in the shadows watched.

"Don't worry don't do it, be happy
Put a smile on your face "

"The will of a man is finite. Pain can replace it."

"Don't bring everybody down like this
Don't worry, it will soon pass"

"Yes."

Once again, the charred creature stepped forward, whip in hand.

"Would you like more?"

Shogun: "No... Please, no...."

The whip cracked down, splitting the flesh once more. No blood came. It had been drained from his body years ago from the tortures he had endured. The pain though, the pain was still present. Still tangible.

"You are almost ready. Soon, you will embrace the pain."

"Whatever it is
Don't worry, be happy "

Shogun: "Please Spyne..... stop."

Time is pain. It had been a long, long time...

Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

[Originally posted 03/05/05 by Thommy H during the 2005 Road to Glory]

Josh staggered through the curtain and down the short flight of metal stairs and sank to his knees on the concrete floor. His newfound allies gathered around him but he gestured them away, "I'll catch up with you guys later...I just...I just need a second..."

He was physically and emotionally drained, having just put his body on the line only to be cheated out of his win and...well, he had his reasons. He bowed his head and closed his eyes, for a second allowing himself to remember the two men from his past that were now most likely gone forever.

"Dad...fuck..."

He pulled himself up and steadied himself against a wall as he composed himself. He couldn't shake the thought of what his father must have endured...and still be enduring. It was terrifying for someone to face the fact that the world is not everything it seems, that stories you had long ago dismissed as children's fables in fact contained far more truth than you could ever have imagined.

Of course, he should have known better by now. Everyone knew there were strange things afoot in the 411fed - the organisation was a hotbed of paranormal occurrences. The fact that they were a pro wrestling company was the only thing keeping the FBI away from the shows. Josh shook his head, still trying to dismiss the memories. This had all started with Bleeder, of course, just a few years ago. How come no one in the outside world seemed to find it strange that an entertainment company had hired a demon? To everyone else, it was all an act...but you'd think someone would have come calling...

Darkness stepped out of the church and sighed. It was a grim, cloudy morning - like it pretty much always was in this part of the world. He didn't have much to his name now...a jacket, the clothes on his back, a little bit of money; enough to get away from here. His guns were long gone - he had shoved them into Benedict's hands when he sent him away. He sighed again...no regrets...no regrets...

It had started to rain and Darkness ran his hand through his increasingly dampening hair, brushing it out of his eyes. The black markings he used to sport to emphasise his steel grey eyes had not been present in some years. But the Mark on his soul remained...its fire had never faded. Even now, he felt it throbbing within him, waiting to join with his native fury and surge to life. His anger would be his undoing, that's what Dr. Jackson had said, anyway. It was natural to grieve, but a man with a "history of violent crime" needed to exercise more caution.

He began walking, grimly reflecting on his life. Had it all been a dream? When he had been sitting in an easy chair with his daughter in his arms it had seemed so, certainly. He no longer Walked Alone...those days were behind him. The war was won.

No man had ever been more wrong.

But that was irrelevant now. All that was left for Darkness was death - maybe he could find redemption first and die free, but he had no way of hunting now. He didn't know where the servants of the Enemy dwelt anymore.

He wandered slowly through the almost deserted town centre, glancing with little interest at the goods on display in the store windows. Cameras, phones, domestic appliances, clothes, stereos...all reminded him of a life he could never go back to. A life he had rashly embraced to the detriment of all he was before. He reached to his neck and removed the talisman he had worn since he was a child. He didn't need this anymore; Darkness was dead now. He held the necklace over a gutter...let go...watched it drop...then his eye caught something in the window of a shop selling electrical goods.

He snatched the talisman as it fell and put it in his pocket. Staring, he walked towards the window where a number of televisions were playing the same show...Darkness couldn't believe his eyes.

It was some sports channel, though he remembered enough from his childhood to know that he was actually watching pro wrestling, which wasn't a ‘sport' per se. Someone...something was being interviewed. How was this creature allowed to be part of a legitimate company? Why was it on TV?

A sardonic smile, a long coat... a graphic with the word ‘Bleeder' hovered below a face with eyes that were entirely unmistakable to a man with Darkness's experience.

There was a demon on TV.

His path was clear.

Josh straightened himself and decided he needed some time alone. He limped down the corridor and round a corner to an area in which the lights for some reason no longer functioned. He crouched in the shadows and closed his eyes for a second.

Devoid of his sight, he then knew he was not alone in the darkness.

He stood up too quickly and nearly fell, only to be steadied by a pair of gloved hands behind him. He turned round and faced his presumed assailant, fists raised.

"You are in no shape to fight," said the shadows.

"Show yourself," said Josh, not sounding as confident as he would have liked, "I have been through more shit than you could possibly imagine recently, so do not fuck with me right now..."

"Ok, be calm," said the voice, "I'm not going to hurt you - you were the one who came and sat in my...hiding place..."

Josh frowned, "I know your voice," he said, "You're...um...Darkness, yeah?"

Darkness stepped out of the deepest shadows, revealing only his silhouette and two points of light reflected in his eyes. "Yes. I'm Darkness."

Josh grinned, trying to diffuse the tension and laughed a little too loud, "You...uh...you scared me, man. How's it going?"

Darkness tilted his head, "Well, actually," he sounded almost surprised; "Yes...things are going well."

"You, uh, you won your match, I see," said Josh, who really wasn't in the mood to talk but felt awkward just looking at the ominous figure before him. As he searched desperately for something else to say he noticed the reflections in Darkness's eyes focused on him.

Josh began backing away, "Hey...um...don't...don't look at me like that...I don't swing that way, man..." he smiled at his small joke, expecting the figure opposite him to at least bark a fake laugh so they could both go about their business, but Darkness just stepped towards him again.

Now the black-coated man had come into the light and Josh saw that he was staring into his eyes intently. Josh took another step back and felt the wall behind him with horror...Jesus, what the hell did this weirdo want with him?!

"Josh...what have you seen?"

Sweat trickled down Josh's brow and as Darkness held up his hands to show he meant no harm, he ducked around him and began to walk down the corridor.

"Josh! I have seen that look in men's eyes before..."

Josh slowed for a second and considered Darkness's words. This man knew something.

"When did you last see Shogun, Josh?"

He stopped. Part of him wanted to turn around, and part of him wanted to run away. The world stopped, for a split second as Josh considered.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

[Originally posted 05/03/04 by Tubby during the 2005 Road to Glory]

Tonight the masquerades were supposed to end

"Hey...um...don't...don't look at me like that...I don't swing that way, man..."

I lost my tone halfway through. The more I tried to seem confident, natural, the more my body shook. It was that feeling, like bile and acid were rushing through your veins instead of blood, turning your muscle and tendons weak and useless, your legs trying to hold out, trying to stand but all they did was shake and spasm. It's that shock when there's too much blood or those nerves you get when you're a 12 year old kid standing in front of the school bully.

The facades were supposed to be gone.

I realised I had been stepping back, he had also been following. His face came into the light, his eyes looking deeply into mine, trying to get into my soul. Like I had done so many times before...

I hugged the wall, just wanting to be somewhere else, anywhere else.

"Josh...what have you seen?"

I felt my body running cold; it was like I had finally frozen over completely and yet like I had run a bloody marathon, like the acid, bile and ice were all seeping out through my pores.

I couldn't take this now, not a confrontation. Strangely I wasn't afraid of Darkness... I was afraid of something else. Right now I would have welcomed the taste of my own blood like I had welcomed the taste be-

No, just no!

I ducked underneath Darkness's raised hands, looking to the ground, not wanting to see the path a head of me without th-

"Josh! I have seen that look in men's eyes before..."

He... how?

He's seen? Seen this? I doubted it. No one had seen what I'd seen and made it back, so no one could have seen the look in my eyes. Fuck him.

"When did you last see Shogun, Josh?"

Shogun...

What did he know...? I paused, my head turned to the side, unable to choose the path ahead or the answers behind.

"What happened to him Josh? How did he get there?"

I squinted, my face crinkling up trying to resist the memory... Who was I kidding? that image - that image was all I could think about.

"Get where?"

Still trying to exude that confidence, a confidence that had clearly left me.

"You know where. I have seen, Josh."

How he know? What did he know? All questions that kept me from what I was really thinking: Why'd he have to know?

"He's gone, that's enough."

"Did you...?"

The images came flying back, the chair, the snake, the knife, the screams.

I winced as I thought about answering the question.

"No."

"So don't let it be on your conscience... what happened?"

I tried, one last time to shake him...

"You wouldn't believe me."

"I don't just believe, I've seen."

I slowly stepped around, coming face to face again with Darkness. The tremors ceased, the sweat dried up and the strength came to my voice again... but I denied it, this wasn't about strength.

"We fell, all of us-"

I paused as I saw the gaunt, cold face of Darkness warp. His eyes grew large. The stone expression began to falter ever-so-slightly despite his best efforts. The small signs of shock became apparent.

I had suspected returning from damnation wasn't a common occourance...

Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

[Originally posted 03/06/05 by Thommy H during the 2005 Road to Glory]

Treatise on the Nature of Hell and its Denizens

What is Hell? Better to ask yourself ‘why is Hell?' perhaps. Is Hell a physical place where human bodies may be carried and granted eternal vigour in exchange for unending torment? Is it a state of the soul when God fails to hang onto it after death? Is it the only real truth in our existence?

It is both all of the above and none of them.

As the esteemed reader will be aware, Hell and the creatures that populate it are, contrary to the belief held by most human beings, entirely real. They lurk in the shadows, constantly plotting mankind's downfall. It has long been supposed that such things are the antithesis of God, equal and opposite to our Holy Father. In my exhaustive research, I have however reach the conclusion that it is not so - indeed, Hell is every bit a creation of the Lord as Earth and the Heavens.

Allow me to explain; when God created the universe, it was His intention that its purpose would eventually be turned entirely to His worship - that every living thing in it, every world, every star, every atom and sub-atom would be in a state of harmony with one another and with Him. It would be simple then, for God to just create such a universe - and no doubt he did at some point, for God is infinite and our universe is not, so there must be others of which He has conceived - but what joy is there in that? Perfection is not its own reward; the satisfaction comes from the earning of it.

Thus, the universe is imperfect by necessity. For what meaning has life without death? Joy without pain? Faith without strife?

But how do such self-evident facts pertain to Hell? Well, simply put, Hell is a natural extrapolation of the human condition. It has much in common with a group hallucination, except that its focus is placed firmly upon the soul rather than the mind. Hell represents all of mankind's fears and nightmares, and it represents the natural dread of Heavenly retribution. Because we are creatures to which faith is not a native trait, it is necessary for ‘consequences' to be built into our existence. Thus, Hell is the usual destination of souls after death.

Surely this is unfair though? Why should all humans be condemned to such suffering through a fate they cannot avoid: death? Well the truth is that not all humans are subject to Hell; there are many throughout history who have discovered ways to avoid it. Such men are called ‘Prophets', and it is they who are able to listen in some small part to the voice of God and teach it to others, that they may follow in their example. The names of these men are recorded in histories across the Earth, some you may know are Abraham, Moses, Ezekiel, Jesus and Mohammed. Followers of the religions these men began are able to avoid Hell - though they must be wary, for the meanings of the words of the Prophets are often misunderstood, mistranslated, or otherwise confused. Many do evil in the name of God and find that Hell awaits them because of their warped faith.

In distant lands, men have found other strategies to avoid Hell. Such eastern religions as Hinduism and Buddhism teach that it is possible, if one devotes one's life to bettering oneself and achieving enlightenment, to prolong the longevity of the soul indefinitely by allowing it to pass into a new body upon death. Such things may seem akin to the dark arts of necromancy to some, but it is not so - ‘reincarnation' is simply another survival strategy developed by humans, and while far more drawn out than the methods of the Abrhamic religions (a soul must pass through many bodies before it can achieve oneness with God), it is more reliable and less open to misinterpretation.

But what of those who combat Hell directly? What of those few who are not content simply to avoid eternal torment, but try to combat the machinations of its denizens head on? Such men are rarely talked about, though they have many names common to the human lexicon; Slayer, Hunter, Magus, and Exorcist are but a few of the myriad titles they use. For it is true that Hell is ever seeking to expand its domains into Earth and part of mankind's ascension to God's grace involves its defeat - or so it would appear.

I myself travelled for some time in the company of such a warrior - a courageous and faithful man who nonetheless fell foul of the agents of Hell. I know not his fate.

What then is the form of Hell? In my studies of the visions and dreams suffered by those who have seen into the Abyss, I have reached the conclusion that Hell, as a human creation, reflects the nature of the man that sees it. An 18th Century poet might see a being constructed of living flies, a modern-day cocksure athlete may encounter deceased celebrities and cruel humour, where a warrior-monk may be forced into single combat with demons and other hellspawn. Hell is as varied as the people that are forced to inhabit it.

Varied also is its master - He Whose Name is Forgotten, the Enemy; Satan. Some religions preach that he is a fallen angel, a servant of God turned to evil. But all creatures are the servants of God, and many turn to evil, so his situation may not be as significant as told by some. In any case, he is the foe of all that has faith in the Lord and his ambitions are focused entirely on the destruction and spiritual rape of humanity. He has an almost whimsical interest in those that seek to oppose him directly, rarely missing an opportunity to personally destroy them.

So how are we, as humans, supposed to avoid Hell and Satan? Simply put, we must keep the faith - whatever that might be. If not, we must remember that there is no escaping from the torment and fire of the City of Hades.

Yours, learned masters,

Brother Benedict Ahab.

(Delivered to the Supreme Council of Demonology, Vatican City)

Darkness stared at Josh in confused horror. He fell? No...it was...not possible.... Darkness had conversed with the souls of the Fallen before - it was clear that escape was impossible. He knew this, for he knew the power of the Enemy.

He recovered the power of speech and stammered a reply at last, "I-It is not possible to fall and then return; only to proceed into oblivion by the hand of a Traveller."

Josh backed away again, "I don't want trouble, ok?" he said, "Just...just get the hell away from me!"

He began to turn away, but Darkness surged forward instantly and grabbed his shoulder. Josh instinctively twisted and brought his fists held together into an axe-handle up into Darkness's stomach. The black-haired man staggered back, the wind knocked out of him and Josh turned away to make good his escape.

Something made him stop...it was the sound of whispering coming from the mouth of the man he had just felled. Josh looked round and saw Darkness on one knee, his head bowed, as if in prayer.

He didn't need religious nuts now of all times. "Save the bullshit, rookie," he sneered with more confidence than he felt, "You know jack shit about the God you're praying to..."

"I am not praying," Darkness said without raising his head, "I am attuning myself to the Mark."

"Th-the what?" Josh felt sick again. This whole thing was getting too freaky...how did some guy he'd only met once before know anything about what he'd been through?

"I am the last of the Marked Ones, those personally claimed by the Enemy or his servants."

Josh stared. In spite of his reservations, he asked another question, "C-claimed? Why?"

"Because he enjoys toying with those who stand against him - I thought that would have been apparent from Shogun's fate."

Jesus...what the fuck was going on? Josh's mind raced and his memory flicked back to those final moments in Hell...

With a scream of frustration, he launched himself at Darkness but found the man did not put up any resistance, calmly falling to the floor beneath him. Josh reached back with his fist to punch Darkness, but finally met the steel grey eyes of his supposed foe and stopped.

"I can help you."

"With...with what?"

"With the fact that Satan's attention may soon be focused directly on you."

Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

[Originally posted 03/07/05 by Buddha during the 2005 Road to Glory]

It could be said that everybody is being watched at all times. If one believes in the presence of higher powers. The omnipresence of a being that can be anywhere and everywhere. The truth was that there was no truth. Not without spilling the whole story... and why do that?

He stood there, watching Darkness and Josh Mitchell talking. Every word, every action, sound, and motion was burned into his memory. After all, that was his job. It was why he had been sent. He had one job: follow orders.

He continued to absorb every word said. Some words meant more than others. Varying levels of importance.

Darkness: I am the last of the Marked Ones, those personally claimed by the Enemy or his servants.

Interesting. He moved closer, making no noise. Neither Darkness nor Mitchell knew of his presence. He had been there for quite some time. Hiding in the shadows was natural for him. It was impossible to see him unless he wanted to be seen.

Soon, he was mere feet away. He watched with interest as Mitchell screamed and leaped upon the non-resistant form of Darkness. They both spilled to the ground.

Darkness: I can help you.

Mitchell: With... with what?

Darkness: With the fact that Satan's attention may soon be focused directly on you.

How little they knew. Soon was a relative term. Lucifer had been planning for centuries. Darkness and Mitchell both were caught in a web that was far more intricate than they knew.

Darkness looked past Josh Mitchell's shoulder and stared directly into his eyes. He backed up slightly, wondering if Darkness had actually seen him....

Darkness stared ahead at the shadow in front of him. The massive hulking shadow. The massive hulking shadow that was being cast by no one. His cold eyes stared at the phantom. For a split second, he saw a pair of red eyes looking back at him. Only a split second though and the phantom was gone.

Josh: What?

Darkness: ...Something new. I'm not sure exactly.

Josh looked around, confused.

Josh: I don't see anything.

Darkness: It's gone now, but it was here a moment ago. Watching.

He moved through the dark alleys. He was unsure how Darkness had seen him, but it did not matter. He had information for his master. He moved along, a massive shadow, unrestricted by form. He stopped when the arm snaked out in front of him. It was a solid mass of blackness, deeper than the darkest pits of Hell. The mass was a boiling, moving blackness. The Lord of the Flies stared at him.

Beelzebub: You have it then?

He nodded and a seam split in the head of Beelzebub. Flies boiled out and steam issued forth from the newly formed mouth. Beelzebub was smiling.

Beelzebub: Come then. Spyne is waiting.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Let's take a tour...

It might take awhile. After all, it's a long, long way. Far enough away for most people to abandon hope just on the journey. Here, I'll turn up the radio while we are waiting to get there...

"It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down
I had the radio on, I was drivin'
The trees went by, me and Del were singin'
Little runaway, I was flyin"

Ahhh... here we go. Here we are in the suburbs. Not the best place to live, but really, what place would be good in Hell? Currently, a man named Lynx is in charge here. Not the best choice for the job in my opinion, but I digress. The former ruler of the suburb, Bleeder, is still around here somewhere. Mysterious figure, Bleeder. He was involved with an organization on Earth called the 411 Federation. Sounds like they work for Verizon, doesn't it? Actually, it's a wrestling league. Bleeder helped to alter the lives of several of their stars. His name is still feared there. What a legacy. Only in Hell, folks!

Over here, we have the hot sulphur springs. They look lovely this time of day. Actually... they look the exact same at all times. Monotony is but one of the many things that makes Hell so.... hellish.

"Yeah runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads
I'm runnin' down a dream"

Well, let's move on, shall we? Right then. Here we go, through the rest of the suburb and into Hell itself. Lots of earth tones here; pretty drab really, but I digress. Hmmm... over there is the tallest building in all of Hell. Right in the center of downtown so that everybody has to see it. That's Lucifer's office. He handles all of the possessions and soul collections there. Would you like to go in? Alright then, let's go...

"I felt so good, like anything was possible
I hit cruise control and rubbed eyes
The last three days the rain was unstoppabl e
It was always cold, no sun shine"

Well, here we are, the top floor of Lucifer's office building. Seems that he's out at the moment, but we're in luck! It's his right hand demon, Beelzebub! It's pretty easy to recognize him, what with being made of flies and all. Not a guy you'd want to get on the bad side of, but then again... it's Hell. You wouldn't want to get on anybody's bad side here. Beelzebub is probably the most feared and the most trusted of all of Lucifer's demons. Not only that, but one more possession and he gets a brand new set of steak knives. We're all really pulling for him. Anyway, let's let the Lord of Flies get back to his work...

Last stop on the tour. Hell's Torture Chambers. Here's where you'll find the worst of the worst: Hitler, Bundy, Stalin... all of the greats really. Basically anyone that committed either murder or treachery will find themselves here sooner or later. And here he is, the man down here. Lucifer's chief of torture, one of the most feared demons in all of Hell: Spyne. Now, just to establish, Spyne isn't his real name. Only a few demons actually use their real names. After all, why give everything away? Spyne is what he named himself after getting his new powers and job. Anyway, look at me rambling here. Let's take a moment and watch him work...

"I rolled on as the sky grew dark
I put the pedal down to make some time
There's something good waitin' down this road
I'm pickin' up whatever is mine"

Now, you see that figure on the table? The one screaming for mercy? He was a former wrestler back on earth. Strangely enough, the same Federation that Bleeder was involved with. People say that there is something special with that organization. Anyway, look at me ramble on again... This guy called himself Shogun. Why? No idea really. Maybe it just sounded cool. Either way, he made two big no-nos. First, he killed his former manager and then he pissed off Lucifer personally. Those are two big strikes. Anyway, he's been down here in Hell's Torture Chambers for almost three hundred years now. Sure, it might seem like only a week or two to people on Earth, but time is different down here. Spyne's been taking his time with this one. He especially likes using the salted whip on him. Stings like a son of a bitch, I've heard. Wouldn't know myself mind you, but I'll believe it. Spyne has a reputation for making even the most hardened individuals scream for mercy. Hell, from what I've heard, Hitler broke down like a little girl from just seeing him. Anyway, look at him go. He's really good with his tools.

Oh! Almost forgot to show you! Over there, on his wall, the reason he has the name Spyne... See those spines? He removes them from his victims once he's finished. Drinks the fluids too I've heard, but I've never seen that. Some poeple say the spines give him power, but who knows? Anyway, let's finish this little tour up now...

Well, I hope that was informational for you. I had a good time and hope you come again. Who am I kidding though?

You're already here... Might as well stay.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Flames licked around the iron-shod hooves of Azazel's bestial form as he approached his kinsman's home in one of the iron towers of Hades, the City of Destruction.

As he moved through corridors crafted of impossible materials he grew increasingly annoyed. This was his city, for fuck's sake, and not one demon bowed to him in this day and age. Finally he reached the entrance into the barracks of the Legio Incubi - the primary fighting force of Hell. The incubus guarding the gate gave him a lazy salute before allowing him to pass.

Azazel paused as he passed through and turned to the warrior, "Time was that I ruled this place, grunt," he hissed, "And then you'd have jumped out of your obsidian hide at seeing me approach..."

The incubus turned impassively to Azazel and smiled beneath its iron mask, "The Legio is sworn to Lord Baal and none other. We serve him."

Azazel stormed away from the guard and travelled further into the barracks. Other incubi loitered around, their glaives and blades propped against walls and chairs. The Army of Hell was getting slovenly, Azazel thought.

He ascended a flight of steps and threw open the door at the top. The room contained a war table adorned with faded maps and several demonic lords pored over it, discussing strategy. One looked up, the iron incubus mask hiding all but his eyes which registered shock upon seeing Azazel.

"What are you doing here?" he exclaimed.

"This is my city, Abigor," Azazel spat, "I go where I please."

One of Abigor's companions, a smaller creature, raised his horned head and grinned evilly, "Get the fuck out of her Azazel - don't you know what your brother will do if he finds you hanging around here?" he said.

"Fuck you, Abigar," Azazel said, not trying to suppress his contempt for the diminutive demon, "You and I both know you only have this job because of him." And here he nodded at Abigor.

The third demon stepped forward from the shadows - like Abigor, he wore the mask of an Incubus, but it was far more ornate than that sported by his companion and the warriors below. Upon his hands were mounted an array of spikes and blades - he was Zepar, one of several Gods of War and a cousin of Azazel. He spoke with a voice like rocks being ground together, and used an archaic turn of phrase, "Be gone, Azazel. You are no longer welcome here."

"Baal still passing all his work off to you, Zepar?" Azazel sneered, "Why don't you grow a spine and take over the Legio like you've always wanted to?"

The other demons turned in shock to Zepar and the Duke backed away fro their stares, "It-it's not like that..." he pleaded and then shot a look of fury at Azazel, "This is exactly why Light Bringer cast you out, Azazel!"

Azazel, Grand Duke of War just laughed and left the room in search of someone with actual authority. He turned a corner and ascended a further set of stairs that twisted up the tower to its peak many miles above the Eastern Plains of Hell. Once he reached the top he passed through a wrought iron gate and onto a parapet that overlooked the entire city of Hades. On a throne of obsidian sat the bloated form of Lord Baal - Hell's most ancient demon. He had presided over Hades since before Lucifer's coming, and served whomever it gave him the most advantage to. Once, that had been Azazel.

Baal opened his crusted eyes and regarded Azazel who recoiled in disgust. "You've really let yourself go, Baal..." he said and then laughed, "My brother will do that to you though...he was never one for maintaining an aesthetic..."

"I'm offended, Azazel," came a voice from behind the war demon and Azazel turned to regard his brother who had swooped down on a pair of membranous wings to land on the iron tower.

"Nice..." Azazel said, almost impressed, "Who gave you those?"

"Who do you think?" his brother asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm, "Ronwe the Book-keeper?"

"Who says the Destroyer doesn't have a sense of humour, eh?" Azazel said, not bothering to conceal any of his true emotions, "But all play and no work makes Abbadon a mere toy..."

Abbadon, for it was he, threw his head back and barked a laugh, causing his muscular shoulders to ripple beneath his blood-red skin. "Always the joker, Azazel," he said, "You'd think you and Luci would get on better..."

Azazel laughed with his brother but, in an instant drew a sword that erupted into flames and surged at Abbadon, placing the blade at the Destroyer's throat. Abbadon stopped laughing but his face remained impassive. The Destroyer knew no fear.

"Lucifer's dominion is ending," Azazel said, a threat hanging in his voice, "I heard about the two...escapees..."

Abbadon smiled slowly and lifted his hand. Without flinching, he grasped Azazel's infernal blade and pushed it down from his throat.

"You know nothing, brother. Those...escapees...as you so charmingly term them, are all part of Lucifer's plan."

"Next you'll be telling me you've found that last Marked One that's eluded you for so long," Azazel sneered, "Lucifer's time is over..."

Abbadon wrenched the sword from Azazel's hands and bowled his brother over onto the iron floor with almost embarrassing ease. He laughed at the fallen Duke as he stood over him, "You always were a little hasty, Azazel," he scoffed, "No wonder you seem to loose your grip on things so easily." He threw the now extinguished sword at his brother and allowed him to rise.

Azazel took his sword as he rose from the ground, but remained stooped low in a guarded posture. He snarled and Abbadon feigned a lunge towards him causing Azazel to jump back towards the gate.

"Get out of here," Abbadon called to his brother as he turned away, "This is my house now!" He laughed and folded his wings as he stepped towards the parapet and looked over Hades. He smiled to himself...everything was going to plan for his master.

Still smiling he turned to Lord Baal on his black throne and his cruel grin widened. Baal in turn regarded the demon he now served with eyes that had long ago lost their lustre. The Destroyer laughed as he remembered the proud warrior Baal had once been, the supreme general of the Legio Incubi...now reduced to this...

Baal's mouth opened slightly and something crawled out; an insect of some kind. Abbadon held out his hand and beckoned the creature over and it obediently flew to him and crawled up his arm where it buried its mandibles and fed from Abbadon's bloodstream.

"Yes...yes, my locust...feed and be strong," he said, "Now go and join your brethren..."

Obeying its master, Abbadon watched the Hell Locust fly from the tower and join with what had appeared before to be a low-lying cloud, but was now revealed to be a vast swarm of locusts that flocked around the tower. The Destroyer Hive was strong and its threat kept the Armies of Hell in the pay of Lucifer.

Abbadon breathed in deeply and opened his wings, allowing them to feel the fetid wind that blew across the Eastern Plains...he smiled and knew he had done the right thing in siding with Lucifer. Azazel was always the runt of the litter anyway...

He felt something stir behind him and turned to watch the swarm of flies that was spinning itself into a humanoid shape. "Watch out for my locusts, Beelzebub," he said dismissively as he realised who it was.

Beelzebub formed and the he tilted his head quizzically at Abbadon, "Azazel was here...?"

"Yeah, he was trying to throw his weight around...idiot..."

Beelzebub stepped forward and turned to regard Lord Baal slumped in the throne. "This one is still...compliant?" he asked.

"He's going nowhere, ‘Bub," Abbadon grinned, "Don't worry your putrid little...er...head?"

Beelzebub considered the Destroyer, Lucifer's latest ally. Of all the Dukes of Hell, he was amongst the most powerful - he was the key to all of his master's success. He was also one of the few creatures in existence who did not fear the Lord of the Flies...he would be a dangerous foe if it came to that.

"I have news, Destroyer," Beelzebub began, "one of my...associates...has been observing one of our two visitors."

Abbadon looked out over the city that was now his dominion and paid attention to Beelzebub for a second and then, with a flash of foresight, knew what was coming. Thinking back to Azazel's words he reflected that life was full of coincidences.

"You may be interested to learn that he ran into an old...acquaintance of yours..."

Abbadon smiled without humour.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:04 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Lucifer nodded in agreement. He also had forseen the coming of the other. He felt an unusual sensation running through his body: apprehension. He looked quickly over to Beelzebub, afraid that he had noticed the change, but he was gone. Only a couple of flies buzzing around lazily left any indication that he had ever been there.

That was before... Hundreds of years had since passed in Hell, but Beelzebub remembered that day as if it was yesterday. It was the day that he made his decision. Lucifer was unfit to lead. Beelzebub had witnessed Lucifer's moment of fear. His momentary lapse might have gone unnoticed to most, but not to him. Beelzebub had immediately vanished. It was time to start planning. He had a lot of work to do...

Later...

Zagan, the demon of deceit. If Beelzebub needed anyone to assist him in his efforts, he would need him. Together, they were arguably the two shrewdest minds in all of Hell. Masters at the corruption of souls. Zagan was one of the least horrifying demons to behold, but he still commanded respect from most of the other infernal creatures. Tall and thin, with skin so pale that it almost glowed white. He had no hair at all on his head, save for an immensely long beard that reached his waist. He wore a black robe that touched the floor.

Beelzebub materialized from the darkness, the boiling swarm of flies forming together. Zagan looked up from his texts and smiled. He began to speak in his eloquent, even voice.

Zagan: "I have been expecting you, Lord Beelzebub."

Beelzebub: "Then you know why I am here..."

Zagan: "Oh yes. The signs have been in place for a long time now. Come, we have much to discuss..."

Later...

Beelzebub stood before the Lord of the Fallen Angels. One of the most powerful beings in all of Hell, Semiazas controlled all of the angels that had fallen along with Lucifer. Beelzebub bowed his head respectfully. After a pause, the bow was returned. Semiazas walked over to his throne, his four legs, resembling those of a bull, colliding with the floor with the force of a sledgehammer. Semiazas folded his four arms, each heavily muscled and tipped with three fingers, as he stared at the Lord of the Flies. His four massive wings, tattered and leathery, stretched lazily as he regarded the demon before him.

Semiazas: "To what do I owe the honor of your visit?"

Beelzebub: "Your input on a matter."

Semiazas: "Ahh. Do I sense a hint of urgency in your voice?"

Beelzebub: "There is much to talk about and many more to talk to. You have power, Semiazas. You command The Fallen, those that were thrown from His sight for siding with The Morning Star."

Semiazas: "And?"

Beelzebub smiled. Steam belched forth from his mouth as he spoke.

Beelzebub: "Let us talk..."

Later...

Beelzebub: "Vetis..."

Vetis looked up from his work. Below him, on a table, was a scroll. On it was a name, written in blood. Across from Vetis stood a minister. Vetis smiled at Beelzebub momentarily before turning back to the minister.

Vetis: "Power. You want it, don't you? You love the little ones."

Minister: "Y-Yes..."

Vetis: "Then sign. A soul for all of the power you wish. You can have anyone you choose."

Tears slid down the minster's face as his shaking hand reached for the knife that Vetis handed him. The minster cut his hand, bleeding into a shallow dish. With shaking hands, he lifted a quill and dipped it in his blood.

Vetis: "That's it. Power. It can be yours..."

Beelzebub smiled as he watched the minister sign the scroll. As soon as he wrote his signature, the scroll vanished and Vetis sat back, a satisfied smile on his face.

Minister: "I-I can go now?"

Vetis: "You can."

With a flash, the minister was gone. Vetis turned to Beelzebub, smiling.

Beelzebub: "Did you tell him?"

Vetis: "That he has incurable cancer and will be dead in three weeks?"

Beelzebub: "Yes."

Vetis's smug smile was answer enough as Beelzebub walked forward. Vetis stood up from his seat, his skinless body glistening in the flickering candle-light. Vetis looked carefully at Beelzebub through lidless, blood-shot eyes before speaking. A faint cloud of red vapor issued forth from his mouth.

Vetis: "I have heard... rumblings."

Beelzebub: "Really? Of what?"

Vetis: "Rebellion."

Beelzebub feigned surprise and Vetis smiled, nodding his head.

Vetis: "I agree.... It is long over-due."

Beelzebub nodded.

Vetis: "Who do you have so far?"

Beelzebub: "Zagan, Semiazas and yourself. I'm going to talk with Belial."

Vetis: "Excellent."

Later...

Beelzubub moved through the cave, searching in the darkness for Belial. Finally, his demon eyes found his brother.

Beelzebub: "Belial. Come forth."

The dirt in front of Beelzebub began to swell as a shape heaved up from beneath it. The figure was only a passing resemblance for humanoid in shape. Made up of festering mud and rotting vines, Belial stood before his older brother. Belial's mud-flesh moved in rippling patterns as worms worked their way through, crawling over him before burrowing back down. Belial's mouth opened, unleashing a torrent of muddy water that poured over his body and to the floor below, scattering several spiders and roaches that were clinging to his skin. His voice issued forth from deep within, gurgling and deep, as if he was choking on mud.

Belial: "Brother..."

Beelzebub: "Join me."

Belial: "You wish for me to turn on the Morning Star?"

Beelzebub: "I wish to bring Hell back to the grandness that it once was. It has wasted away."

Belial: "Hell means little to me. I am one with the rotting earth. I will exist even if Hell does not."

Beelzebub: "You are a fool, Belial. You are, in every way, connected to this plain. If it is destroyed, you will be destroyed as well..."

Belial: "...Speak then."

Much Later...

Beelzebub watched... He saw Lucifer bearing down on them. The Japanese warrior, the one that Spyne seemed so interested in, stopped.

Beelzebub: "Now."

A single fly flew from Beelzebub's chest, moving toward the trio with great speed. Hardy and Josh failed to notice the fly as it landed on Shogun's neck. A moment later, it had burrowed underneath his flesh.

"Go."

The word came from Shogun's mouth, but it felt like someone was saying it from a million miles away. Hardy and Josh both stared at him, confused for a moment before his intention sank in.

Beelzebub smiled as he felt Shogun's body fall under his control.

Hardy turned and pulled Josh toward the exit. He still had a long way to go and he could hear the sound of Lucifer's steps getting closer.

Shogun moved in front of the charging Lucifer, a smirk on his face.

Shogun: "You cannot pass."

Lucifer skidded to a halt, a look of surprise etched on his fearsome, dragon-like face.

Lucifer: "You think you can stop me!?"

Shogun: "Perhaps not--"

Shogun looked back, seeing the figures of Hardy and Josh walking through the door.

"--But I did distract you."

Beelzebub worked Shogun's body like a puppet, making him engage in battle with Lucifer. As expected, Shogun was quickly beaten.

Lucifer gripped Shogun's body in his massive clawed hands.

Lucifer: "You will pay for your insolence, meat-bag. Spyne will enjoy meeting you."

Beelzebub: "Yes... He will."

Beelzebub smiled before vanishing from sight. Everything was going perfectly as he had planned...

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Ago...

Zagan: "We'll need him."

Vetis: "He has power. He can lead us to victory."

Semiazas: "He will want something in return."

Belial: "He craves more."

Vetis: "More what?"

Beelzebub: "Victims. We can give them to him."

Later...

The screams filled the night, echoing through the halls of the Torture Chambers and filling his ears with the sweet sound of suffering.

Flesh.

Pain.

The beautiful melody of sorrow.

Spyne looked down at the body before him, taking a moment to run a finger almost lovingly over the jagged tear in their flesh. His finger began to smoke as a faint trail of fire followed it, burning its way through their skin. The delectable aroma of burning flesh filled his nostrils as he inhaled deeply, closing his eyes and losing himself in the moment.

"You always did enjoy the pain."

Spyne opened his eyes and looked down at the victim, lifting a small scalpel. Without looking back at the figure, he replied:

Spyne: "The pain is why I exist, Beelzebub."

Beelzebub smiled and moved forward, his body shifting and pulsing as the flies crawled over each other. Spyne cut a small incision into the victim's back and then raised his hand. A moment later, several beetles fell from his palm, dropping onto the victim's back, where they began to bore their way into the incision. Beelzebub watched as the shapes of the beetles crawled under the flesh, consuming the body from within.

Beelzebub: "You are a master at your work, Sonnei-"

Spyne: "Call me Spyne, Lord of the Flies. I answer to no other name."

Beelzebub: "But it is not your true name."

Spyne: "It does not matter."

Beelzebub shrugged, sending a tiny cloud of flies into the air for a moment before they settled back down onto his form. Beelzebub looked down at the body that had alreay been reduced to a husk.

Beelzebub: "What purpose does it serve you now, Spyne?"

Spyne looked down at the body and motioned with his hand. A moment later, the beetles vanished. Spyne reached down, jamming his hand into the husk of flesh. A moment later, he brought his hand back, clutching the spinal cord of the victim.

Beelzebub: "Ahhh... you always did have a fondness for spines, didn't you? Even before you were truly alive."

Spyne tilted the cord back, opening his mouth. A clear fluid dripped out, slowly at first, but coming out faster and faster. Soon, all, but several drops had been consumed by Spyne. Spyne wiped his hand across his mouth and moved over to his trophy wall, placing the spine beside the countless others.

Beelzebub: "You have many trophies."

Spyne: "Never enough."

He moved back to the body, still laying face down on the table. Another wave of his hand and a rod, shaped like a back-bone appeared. It was shiny and seemed to be made of a black glass. With little grace, Spyne shoved it into the hole made when he had removed the victim's spine. Beelzebub watched with interest as the black in the brand new spine bled out, soon, turning the inside of the victim into a charred, blackened husk.

Spyne: "Get up."

A moment later, the victim stood up, shakily getting to their feet and standing there, with a vacant expression on their face. They were pale and blueish in color, their body covered with countless lesions and scars from centuries of torture.

Spyne: "Join the others."

Without a word, the human husk walked jerkily from the room.

Beelzebub: "You take their minds?"

Spyne smiled, running his long, slender tongue over his lips hungrily.

Spyne: "Oh no. I take their will. Their minds are there. They still can think, but they cannot act. They are aware that they have no control. They know that I hold dominion over them."

Beelzebub: "The ultimate torture... Trapped within their own mind with no escape."

Spyne smiled and nodded, motioning for Beelzebub to follow him. They walked over to a window and Spyne motioned, showing Beelzebub the countless thousands of Husks that he controlled.

Beelzebub: "You control them all?"

Spyne: "Their power is mine, Lord of the Flies. My sway over them cannot be broken."

Beelzebub: "You crave more though, don't you?"

Spyne: "I can only have that which Lucifer allows me."

Beelzebub: "He fears you getting too powerful, Spyne."

Spyne nodded, staring out over the Husks.

Spyne: "I know this."

Beelzebub: "What if I told you that I could help?"

Spyne: "I would tell you that I am willing to listen."

Later...

Zagan: "It is done then?"

Vetis: "His power, added to our own, puts us now on nearly even footing. We can almost make our move."

Semiazas: "Not yet. Lucifer has full sway over the Incubi and Half-Breeds. We need more power."

Belial: "Spyne needs more victims."

Beelzebub: "That has already been set in motion. Spyne? Join us."

Spyne walked through the chamber doors and stood before the assembly of demons. He bowed momentarily before taking a seat at the circular table.

Zagan: "Your presence is most welcome here, Spyne."

Vetis: "Your legion of Husks will accompany us into war then?"

Semiazas: "Combined with my Fallen, they will prove formidable foes."

Belial: "Then it is ready?"

Beelzebub: "Not yet. There are others to bring to our cause... And there is a matter of importance. A single soul that Spyne needs to begin his work."

Vetis: "One soul? Who is this?"

Spyne: "He calls himself Shogun."

Now...

Shogun: "Stop... Please."

Spyne stood above Shogun. He reached out a hand and ran his finger along Shogun's back, tracing a fiery path down his spine.

Spyne: "You are ready to talk then?"

Centuries had passed. Centuries of constant torment and anguish. Shogun had long-since forgotten why he was there. Spyne smiled and raised his hand. Several beetles came from his palm and dropped onto Shogun's back.

Spyne: "Good. Then let us talk..."

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Nestled into the outer walls of the Grand Iron Tower of Hades, in the City of Destruction, walk the half breeds.

Created in Lust, designed in Anger - Born into Sin. These creatures walked the earth in the service of those beneath, they had once manipulated men's souls and fought great warriors... But once they had been cast down...

There was no place for them in the kingdom of Hell.

Their souls could not reside in harmony with either parent. Even the lowest forms of their demon kin could demolish them with ease on a mere whim and men rejected the monsters that designed the capture of their soul. Even so, they remained eternally in the service of their lord and master Abbadon...they were the Children of the Destroyer Hive.

They walked among the demons as vermin, spat at and tormented. Their true heritage only known by the great annals of Balberith, Their kind not baring any grand archaic name here. Only known as half breeds or Dilutes... They were not even trusted with the name scrawled above their one room barracks doors eons before, seemingly in some measure of respect or courtesy. ‘The Forgotten'.

But that is not where they lay now, they sit in one of the inner halls, today they feed.

Flesh and bone scatter through the air as a fight erupts in the background, no one looks back however. It is common place, they simply continue to feed while they can, ripping into the chard meat.

Molaf falls liberally onto the bench, a second helping in his hand crashes into the millennia old wooden table. He turned to speak, his gaping mouth and razor sharp teeth, rotting and chipped open as he begins. His single yellowish horn and bloated scarred face pointing at his counterpart.

Molaf: "Where's vat bloody Mastema ven?"

Not wanting to delay any longer for a response he returns to the meat and begins to devour it, ripping chunks off with his gargantuan mouth. He paused for a moment, still chewing, a long dripping piece of skin hanging from his face.

Molaf: "Well, Monster?"

Monster... It wasn't as impressive as it sounded from the outside; it was a name he'd been stuck with since he arrived. Molaf had given it to him, British humour... he was the only one with all his teeth, along alone most other extremities.

Molaf greedily returned to the giant thigh that lay in front of him.

Caedvirziel was his given name... these days he was lucky to get Caede. He was one of the most human in appearance. However his skin was char black, given in birth or obtained from the hell fires he had forgotten. Gore red tendons, sinews and veins crept up over his skin in places. His gaunt face starred down at the rib cage he had devoured. His grey eyes focusing on something far off and distant.

Molaf: "Hey, cue ball!"

Caede turned to him.

Caede: "I think h-"

...They were early.

The wooden door smashed open violently, shards of wood scattering throughout the great hall, the tall dark figures of the Incubi leaped effortlessly onto the tables as if gliding through the air on wires, their weight and strength sending food and Half Breeds flying from their positions.

Incubus: "Vermin, your time is up!"

The one nearest to Molaf sliced his blade cleanly through the chest of a Cyclops, the torso and head falling to the floor, writhing in pain. The incubi snarled, merely demonstrating his power over the Dilutes.

Incubus: "Breeds... Craw back to your squaller."

Caede and Molaf looked at each other. Time to head back.

As they began to shuffle away they heard yells and roars as the Incubi beginning to demonstrate their power on the Half Breeds as they exited the great eating hall.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

He watched all of it. It was what he did best after all...

Watching...

Waiting...

Thinking...

He had all of the time in the world to ponder his state. To think over the current state of things down there. It was on the wind. Stirrings of rebellion, drifting about like tumbleweed, gathering more and more strength with each passing day. He knew that Lucifer himself, must be staring out of that window at the top of his tower, looking out over everything that he had created. Wondering if perhaps the end of his era was approaching. Wondering who to trust and who to kill.

Treachery was one of his favorite things. He raised his head, inhaling against the wind. The scents cascaded through his nose, tumbling over one another.

Flesh.

Sulphur.

Fear.

Hate.

Hell... This was his place. This was the place where events would transpire that would reverbrate throughout the Earth and Heaven. War. All of the signs were there. And he would witness the coming of it. He would be there to see it end. That was the way of things. The way of--

"Bleeder."

Bleeder turned around, his eyes gazing upon the figure before him. Eyes like shattered glass stard into eyes like squirming flies.

Bleeder: "Beelzebub. Long time."

Beelzebub came closer, still maintaining a distance. Bleeder was powerful, yet one never knew just where his true allegiance was. Perhaps, like the Earth above them, it was somewhere in the middle. Regardless, Beelzebub did not trust him. He did, however, need him.

Beelzebub: "I come to offer you a part in the new Hell."

Bleeder: "New Hell? You show your hand too quickly, Lord of the Flies. You have not won the war yet. It has not even started yet."

Beelzebub: "It will soon. The board has been set and all of the pieces are on it. All, that is, but you."

Bleeder smiled. It did not reach his eyes. The cold grin, along with his eyes, turned to stare off into the distance. He could see the faint glow of Hell's Tower, Lucifer's stronghold, shimmering in the darkening sky.

Bleeder: "So you are here to make an offer then?"

Beelzebub: "Always."

Bleeder: "Yes, that is your way, isn't it? Always willing to discuss a deal. Always looking for the path of least resistance. What will it be then? Wealth? Power? Position?"

Beelzebub: "All of them... and more, should you desire it. All you have to do is join us."

Bleeder's smile vanished, his face became like that of some horrifying doll, serene and emotionless.

Bleeder: "I'll think about it."

Beelzebub: "A warning then, while you think... Say nothing to Lucifer about this. We never spoke."

Bleeder: "And should I forget?"

Beelzebub: "You never do, Bleeder. Think of all I could give you."

Bleeder turned away as Beelzebub vanished. A smile, faint at first, but growing larger by the moment appeared on his face. He neglected to mention to Beelzebub a conversation that he had previously undertaken with Lucifer. A conversation much like that one. Both offered him the same things. Both threatened him, should he prove treacherous.

Bleeder blinked out of sight, appearing a moment later in front of a demon. The demon's large hooves clacked on the ground aggressively as he brandished a sword.

Azazel: "What do you want, Bleeder?"

Bleeder: "To talk to you about transpiring events."

Azazel looked away from Bleeder and regarded the nearby city with a scrutinizing gaze. He noted the increasing smoke billowing from the weapons plant. The smells on the air were familiar to him.

War.

Azazel: "It begins then?"

Bleeder: "Yes. It begins."

Azazel: "Things will never be the same after this..."

Bleeder: "Of course... I'm counting on it."

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:17 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Semiazas:

Ago...

Long ago. There had been the war. The largest war in the history of history. Humans simply were not around to write about it. If they had, the tales and songs would surely have lingered to this day. As it is, only rumors and a book tell the tale. They cannot do it justice.

Semiazas was there that day. The final day of that great war. He remembered the sky being on fire. The screams of angels clashing with their brethren. The stink of dead flesh and the sound of sword against sword. Semiazas was there, fighting for his master. The one whose words promised powers greater than God had ever promised. He followed the Morning Star bravely... Perhaps foolishly, but it was a moot point.

They lost the war. As punishment, They were all cast into the Abyss. The Hell of the Elder Gods, those that were there before them, became their own Hell. Lucifer cast aside Baal and took his place on the throne. The King of Hell.

Semiazas was the bravest of those that fell with Lucifer that day. He fought the most valiantly. None could dispute that he was a leader among leaders.

Hell began to grow. Others came, some more powerful than Semiazas even. Chief among the newer Demons was Beelzebub. Formed when the flies feeding on the corpses left on the battlefield joined together, Beelzebub was as terrible in power as he was to behold. He quickly took his place at Lucifer's right hand.

Semiazas was still feared. He was still honored. His leadership during that battle was not forgotten. Soon, those that had been cast out of Heaven with him came to seek his counsel. They needed direction. A purpose. For that was what Hell truly was, it was hopelessness. Lack of purpose. Semiazas gave that back to them.

Over the countless centuries, Semiazas hardened the Fallen. He trained them and molded them into the ultimate weapons. Living weapons that breathed fire and left smoldering ash in their footsteps. Their power grew, as did their numbers. Still, much smaller than the legions of Incubi and Half-Breeds, they were formidable in their might and fury.

Looking like dragons that walked on two feet, the Fallen carried massive swords, much heavier than the normal weapons weilded by the other armies. Swords made of volcanic glass that could cleave their way through steel with ease. On massive cloven hooves they walked, their combined steps sounding like thunder. Their massive wings rustled, sounding like the roaring winds of a hurricane. When they took to the air, their wings caused massive winds to blow, sending ash and dirt flying through the air in a Hellish cloud. Their faces, serpentine and long, fire billowing forth from their mouths as their massive fangs flashed angrily in the orange light. Their eyes, glowing with a fierce red light, brighter than a star. Proud and mighty, much like their leader.

Feared. They were the elite, the mighty. The unconquerable. And above them all was Semiazas. Four massive arms, four massive wings, four massive legs like those of a bull. A face as proud as it was fearsome. Massive horns, longer and thicker than the tusks of an elephant, grew from his skull. Semiazas was as proud as a demon could be. After all, he still had something that most demons did not: A reason.

Now...

Semiazas looked out over his troops. The Fallen. A smile played across his face as he listened to the hypnotic sounds of his troops clattering their hooves on the ground. They were getting restless. He watched as they inhaled the air, exhaling in a gout of flame as they smelled the same thing that he did. War. Anger. It was everywhere, seeping through the very veins of Hell like a disease. Spreading and growing. Soon, he would bring his troops the glory that he had promised them so long ago. They would soon leave a path of broken bodies in their wake. Burned into the ground by their molten footsteps.

Semiazas smiled. It was time for The Fallen to rise up once again. Time for them to reclaim their rightful positions as the true leaders of Hell.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next