[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - TCW Havoc in Beijing (January 24 2010)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 TCW Havoc in Beijing (January 24 2010) 
Commissioner

Post TCW Havoc in Beijing (January 24 2010)

Cain: Welcome to Havoc! We're here in the TCW arena for the beginning of a new tournament after we crowned the first ever TCW Heavyweight Champion at Friction!

Banter: And you'll never guess who it was...oh wait, of course you will...

Tex: Perhaps it was no great surprise, but everything could change at any moment in the new TCW that Deng has created – he has told us that not only the coveted Majestic Cup will be on the line, but also the Championship if Darkness makes it to the final too.

Banter: And what if he doesn't?

Cain: Then I've got to believe that would mean a new number-one contender in the form of Freya. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens tonight.

Banter: What the heck?

Cain: Well this is an unexpected way to kick off Havoc...

A wall of fire sweeps across the stage as boos fill the arena and, after a few seconds, a silhouette walks out through the flames. The boos intensify as Dante stands in front of the fire, his arms outstretched. He's dressed in his characteristic white jacket and mirrored shades.

Tex: Just what is Dante doing here? Last time we saw him, he threw Matt Strikmore through a set and was indefinitely suspended. I hadn't heard that he was back.

Dante walks down to the ring, a smug look on his face, and climbs into the ring. He mounts the turnbuckle, lifting his arms up again, before hopping down into the ring and beckoning for a microphone.

Cain: Well it looks like he has something to say at any rate.

Dante's music fades out, but the jeering from the crowd doesn't, and he has to wait a while before he can make himself heard.

"It doesn't sound like you've forgotten me," he says, "but in case you have: my name is Jason Christopher Dante, and I'm here to announce my return to TCW!"

Banter: So who lifted his suspension?

Tex: I have no idea.

"That's right. But don't think I haven't been watching what's been happening around here while I was sitting at home. Don't think I've been idle, either. I've been paying very close attention to Deng's attempts to exert control over the promotion that I helped build and the way in which he has bullied and coerced people who are very close to me. I saw him strip titles I helped lend gravitas too – titles I fought and bled for – and remake TCW in his own image. You think you can just make the Bleeder Championship go away, Deng? You think you can simply burn the legacy of ECF and 411fed and throw its ashes to the four winds? You think you can bring in a ringer from a no-name wrestling league like FWRFed and push around my Club? No. Not while Jason Dante still draws breath."

Banter: Looks like he still has that chip on his shoulder then...

Cain: Evidently Dante takes issue with the way Deng is running TCW at the moment.

"A few years ago, there was another man who wanted to take over TCW and push out the New Hellfire Club. Another man who sought to twist and subvert what I built. Let me remind you, Deng, that I broke that man in the Gilded Cage at his own pay-per-view!"

Tex: If Dante wants to turn this problem of his into a new crusade, I don't think he's going to get much support from the fans.

Cain: Not after what he did to Strikmore, no.

"It pains me – physically, it pains me – to have to sit by and watch what's happened. To know that I eradicated our detractors, Hawthorne and Strikmore, and yet, as soon as my back was turned, I see Darkness have his belt taken from him and then get attacked from behind as he attempts to claw back some dignity from the ruins of TCW."

Banter: Did he say Hawthorne?

Tex: I think he did. Does that mean what I think it does?

"This was the man who in one glorious year defeated Bruce 666, Coren, Rachel Hunter and The Hammer. This was the man who beat Titanium Insomniac, stood by my side as we fought the menace of Infinity and presided over the longest World Title reign in the history of this promotion. This was the man who went toe to toe with me on multiple occasions, the man who is closer to me than a brother. To see him reduced to what Deng has made him makes me sick. He may have won that hollow accolade that calls itself the Heavyweight Championship, but he would be the first to admit that it is poor compensation for what has been taken from him by Deng and his new regime."

Cain: Hm...I don't know about that...

"And that is why I have returned, at the turning of the tide, to save TCW. I have come with a mission: to restore the NHFC to its former glory and what better way to do that than to preside over the match between my two closest friends this very night? You see, there's someone up there in that skybox who was very unhappy with Deng bringing in that filth Woodrow Daniels, so she turned to the only man that she knew could help her, and offered him a contract renewal. She made the proverbial deal with the devil, but she won't regret it."

Dante looks up at the skybox hanging over the arena and points.

"Commissioner Stern: I want to thank you for bringing me back to TCW, and giving me the opportunity to be the special referee in the match between Darkness and Freya tonight. I promise you won't be disappointed. When I'm done, TCW will be well on the road to salvation."

Tex: Stern brought Dante back?! I don't believe it!

Banter: Deal with the devil is right!

Cain: And he's going to be the special guest referee for tonight's main event? I don't know if that's such a good idea.

"I fully intend to lead the New Hellfire Club back to prominence, and rid TCW of the scourge of Deng. I'm not going to stand by any longer while this once great promotion gets reduced to a circus in which Darkness is compelled to defend his title – tarnished though it may be – against any no-name who can fluke a few wins on his way to the pay-per-view. This place and its championships used to mean something, and with me back in the frame, it will again!"

The boos shower down on Dante again as his music starts to play and he throws the microphone down.

Tex: A chilling prediction, or mere hyperbole?

Cain: I have no idea, but it seems that Dante is back, and legitimately too. But his objective seems no better than when he left – he's all about ridding TCW of the people he thinks are against him and his friends.

Banter: I just wonder what Darkness and Freya will make of it.

Tex: So do I. It seemed to me like Dante was acting on his own accord before, and I have no reason to think that his fellow members of the NHFC will have come around to his way of thinking in the meantime.

Sammy: The following contest is scheduled for one fall....

Two quick auto tuner bass riffs hit at the stage lights up in sync with deep green strobes. Kermit appears on the ramp, right arm raised in a fist, head bowed down, as the lyrics pick up.

This ain't a song for the brokenhearted

Kermit walks down the ramp alternately slapping hands or pointing at the cheering sections..

No silent prayer for the faith departed
And I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice when I shout it out loud

Kermit stops at the edge of the ring, and raises his arms up and down to get the crowd into it.

It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just wanna live while I'm alive

Kermit slides into the ring and starts pointing to random sections in the arena.

(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said, "I did it my way"
I just wanna live while I'm alive

He mounts the closet turnbuckle, right arm up in the air and head bowed.

'Cause it's my life

Sammy: From Chicago, Illinois, weighing in at 230 pounds....KEEEEEEERRRMIIIIIIIIIIT!

Tex: This is Kermit's chance to make a major impact by getting a decisive victory over Inferno, but that's no easy task.

Cain: He'd better be prepared for the fight of his life....wait, what the hell-?!

As Kermit dismounts the turnbuckle, he is greeted by the sudden impact of a chair against his skull with a THWACK. The towering Inferno pushes him out of the ring and climbs out after him. Kermit, clutching his head, tries to crawl away...

Cain: Where the hell did he come from?!

Banter: He was under the ring!

Inferno tosses the chair away and seemingly pounces on him, delivering hard shots to his head, one after another, the sound of fist meeting skull over and over. The referee tries to pull Inferno off, but fails, Inferno finally shoving him back. He stands off Kermit and drags him by the head up the ramp, throwing him harshly forward. He moves in to kick Kermit, but Kermit delivers a low blow, causing Inferno to double over in pain.

Tex: Kermit's fighting for his life here!

Kermit delivers several slow shots to his head and body, before delivering a Russian Leg Sweep, Inferno's head bouncing off the steel ramp with an audible crack, the audience cheering. Panting visibly, Kermit stands slowly and goes over the grab the chair Inferno discarded. He waits patiently for Inferno to stand.

Cain: This match hasn't even officially started, this is not a wrestling contest, it's a straight up fight!

Kermit swings the chair just as Inferno turns, but Inferno anticipates it and blocks it with his hands, while at the same time booting Kermit in the gut, ripping the chair free. He then smashes it painfully into his solar plexus, visibly driving the air our of him. Inferno suddenly grabs him and puts him in position, hooking his arms....

Tex: No, no, NO! Not on the ramp!

Inferno lifts him up and drives him down with the Divine Comedy, smashing Kermit's skull right on the steel ramp!

Tex: Dear God! The Divine Comedy on the ramp! He may have seriously injured him!

Cain: Forget the match, we need EMTs out here right now!

Inferno walks away from Kermit as officials and EMTs rush down the ramp in a hurry. He seizes a microphone.

"I only have one thing to say: Fuck order, I do what I want, when I want to," he says in a low voice.

Then he drops the microphone and exits via the crowd.

Tex: I can't believe what we've seen...

Banter: I can!

Cain: Inferno's a wild animal here in TCW! Who's going to be able to stop him?

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:42 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: TCW Havoc in Beijing (January 24 2010)
Backstage, Dante is walking down a corridor. At the sight of him, the crowd starts to boo loudly. He walks up to a door and lifts his hand to knock, but it opens before he can do so. A figure steps out, and the boos turn to cheers as Darkness comes face to face with Dante.

"Is there something I can help you with, Dante?"

Dante grins. "Is that any way to welcome your best friend back to TCW?"

Darkness lifts an eyebrow slowly. "You want a welcome?"

"That's what I said."

"After what happened the last time I saw you? You lost your mind, Dante."

"I make no excuses for what happened then. I did what I felt I had to do."

Darkness squares up to his old friend. "Strikmore? Hawthorne? You think their broken bodies are worth this crusade of yours? You think you can just run roughshod over whoever you like?"

"They doubted you too, Darkness."

"That's their problem."

"No, it's our problem. I did what I did for you. And for Freya."

"She has nothing to do with this."

"Oh no? I disagree. She stands between you and keeping hold of that new belt of yours. Doesn't that bother you?"

"Your attempts to drive a wedge between us won't work, Dante," Darkness says in a low voice. "And I don't know why you're part of our match tonight. But I don't like it."

Dante meets his eyes, but then breaks into an abrupt laugh. "Darkness...Darkness...why do you always assume I have some kind of ulterior motive?"

"Because I know you. And you always do." Darkness holds Dante's gaze for a long moment, then turns and walks back into his locker room, closing the door firmly behind him. Dante just stares at the door, then nods slowly before turning away and walking back down the hall.

Sammy: The following contest is scheduled for one fall...

The arena goes dark as the opening parts of Miseria Cantare play. A single spotlight shines onto the entry way, fading on and off. The music kicks into its main drum beat just before the lyrics begin. Izumi appears on the stage to a chorus of boos in the slowly strobing spotlight as a brief pyro explodes, showering her visage in sparks. She appears to be wearing white facepaint now.

Sammy: From Tokyo, Japan...weighing in at 144 pounds...IZUUUUUUUUUUUUMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tex: Izumi with a slightly different look tonight, perhaps representative of the changes this young woman has been going through....changes for the worse.

Cain: Her betrayal of DeSean and sharp attitude change has earned the ire of him and these fans, but tonight, he gets a chance at retribution.

Banter: You guys are on your own with that, I like her new attitude! I was getting bored of the goody two shoes act.

Tex: Do you make it your goal in life to always cheer for the wrong guy?

Banter: Of course not! I like Izumi!

Tex: ...

She walks slowly to the ring, the spotlight following her, still casting it's powerful strobing glow upon her. She stops at the ring apron, and as the music reaches it's peak, she leaps into the ring, the lights coming on full at last. She circles the ring and shouts stuff to the crowd, before finally mounting a turnbuckle and raising a single fist in the air.

The arena lights turn black and then blue lights start to flash, the beginning chords of Jay-Z's Blueprint 2 begins to play.

Jay-Z this, Jay-Z that (Jay-Z won't hold my hand no more)
Jay-Z this, Jay-Z that
Jay-Z that, Jay-Z this (Jay-Z won't give me no money)
Get off Jay-Z dick
What y'all niggas get front page articles, y'all mention Jay-Z name
(This thing on?) Jay-Z, Jay-Z, in Jay-Z news
I understand what y'all trying to do
I brought the flutes this time, though

As the beat kicks on the last sentence, DeSean walks through the curtains. Instead of his head being down, he stares straight ahead with his hoodie still on. The camera zooms in, getting a close up view of his determined face.

H, O V A
The Blueprint 2 baby, on the way
H, O V A
I got my mojo back baby, oh behave

He slowly walks down the ramp to the majority of the fans cheering him on.

Sammy: From Greensboro, North Carolina...weighing in at 224 lbs...DESEEEEEEEEEEEEAN 'THETEEEECHNIIIIICIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN' BLAAAAAAAAACKWEEEEEEEEEEEELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Jay-Z]
Can't y'all, see that he's fake, the rap version of TD jakes
Prophesizing on your CDs and tapes
Won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith?

He stands on the apron, but before he can finish his entrance, Izumi goes straight for him, the bell ringing! They brawl at the edge of the ring like his before DeSean catches Izumi with a hard shot, giving him the opening to climb into the ring.

Tex: Izumi trying to get the early advantage there but it backfired there...

Cain: Let's remind the viewers here that this match could be pivotal in either of these wrestlers' careers. This is for a spot in the main event at the Majestic Cup. They have faced each other many times in multiple matches, they likely have each other memorized, and today we're getting to see what it's like for them when it's all on the line.

Izumi and DeSean traded shots in the middle of the ring repeatedly, before Izumi got the upper hand with a kick to the gut. She would then move in and deliver precision strikes to DeSean's body, a mixture of careful punches and kicks, driving DeSean to his knees. She rebounds off the ropes apparantly to attempt an early Shining Wizard, only to meet with a still clothesline by DeSean. He quickly covers...

One...

Kickout!

DeSean quickly delivers a few shots to her on the ground before suddenly placing her in a powerbomb position. He quickly lifts...

Tex: He’s trying to catch her off guard with an early Hangman’s DDT!

Before he can get her fully into position she wisely jabs at his head, and eventually manages to reposition herself so she can grab an arm. She falls and pulls him to the canvas, trying to lock his head in with her legs...

Cain: Oh! A counter with the triangle choke! She’s trying to lock it in!

DeSean struggles, then manages to stuff her down with a pin before she can fully lock it...

One...

Two...

Kickout!

The two stand up quickly with a scattered applause from the crowd, staring at each other.

Cain: A nice series by these two competitors. The way they wrestle makes it possible for the match to end at any time. It only takes one missed counter to lose the advantage and possibly the entire contest. In a match like this, experience has to be a factor, though, with DeSean having many more years on Izumi.

Banter: Don’t go calling her a rookie now, though. She could kick DeSean’s ass!

Tex: It’s true that Izumi is one of the more gifted members of our roster. She’s held her own against opponents that should have had an otherwise easy time against her, so you can’t tell on paper alone who would win this match. One would have to think that the fans are a factor, though.

Cain: Previously, Izumi has fought with the support of the crowd....she seems to have shunned this, to say the least. Will that change the dynamics of this match at all?

Izumi and DeSean quickly lock up in the center of the ring again, fighting for position. DeSean would gain an early advantage by seizing her arm and pulling her into an arm wrench position, before Izumi would free herself and aim a kick at his head. DeSean catches it quickly, taking her down and attempts to catch her in the Leg Stretcher. She boots him in the face, causing him to stumble around a bit, before she stands up and takes advantage of his exposed back with a quick Russian leg sweep. She stands again, running into the ropes and coming off with a leg drop across DeSean’s upper body, before covering...

One...

Two...

T-Kickout!

After the kickout Izumi immediately seizes DeSean’s left arm and pulls back on it, in a minor arm bar. The referee asks if he wishes to submit and DeSean quickly shakes his head. He struggles in the hold, moving around and eventually stretching a leg under a rope. The referee administers a count, Izumi holding on for the full four seconds before finally releasing. She stood up, and began repeated, quick knee drops on his left arm, a chant slowly raising up for DeSean as she does so. She stops her assault, suddenly looking to the crowd and shouting something to them.

Tex: This crowd is quickly getting behind DeSean and Izumi doesn’t like it one bit.

Cain: I believe she just said ‘Why are you cheering for him?’. It’s little question why, however, considering her recent actions.

Banter: I agree with her.

Tex: Well, of course –you- do.

Izumi goes back to work on DeSean when she is suddenly pulled into a small package!

One...

Two...

Thre-no!

Izumi escapes just at the last second and gives DeSean a furious stare.

Cain: Whatever you think of her, she has to avoid getting frustrated by the crowd if she wants to win this match.

Izumi delivers a series of kicks to DeSean, alternating between his left leg and left shoulder, before switching up with a right hard kick to his head, causing him to drop to a knee. Realization seemed to flash in her eyes briefly before she ran back towards the ropes and came flying out with a Shining Wizard!

Tex: DeSean might be out, this could be it!

One...

Two...

Thre-NO!

Cain: Wow, the resiliency of DeSean shines through. Lesser men would have been knocked out cold by the force of that knee.

Izumi crouches again across from DeSean, now carefully waiting. He slowly stands up, a glazed look apparent in his eyes. She charges at him again with a second knee, this time aimed at his solar plexus...

However, DeSean is able to catch her and quickly slams her down! He seizes her legs, and locks her up before turning her over into the Leg Stretcher!

Tex: He’s got the Leg Stretcher on!

Cain: And now it’s only a matter of time. She’s stuck right in the middle of the ring!

Banter: Get the ropes, get the ropes!

The crowd has erupted in cheers as Izumi struggles in the hold, trying to crawl towards the ropes. She’s slowly clawing at the mat, inching over with a look of pain on her face. The agony in her voice is reaching a fever pitch, her hand raises up, considering tapping...

Tex: This match is about to end!

The cheers of the crowd suddenly change audibly. Before DeSean realizes what that means, he looks over his shoulder just in time to see Dante sliding in through the bottom rope with a chair! The referee is flattened instantly with it!

Tex: Oh no! Dante just took out the referee!

Cain: He just ruined the match!

Banter: What the hell are you talking about?

Dante tosses his weapon aside as DeSean writhes in pain on the mat.

Banter: He can't catch a break, can he?

Tex: It seems like DeSean is on the receiving end of something every week. Does this have something to do with what Dante said at the top of the show?

Banter: Well, you would think so, wouldn't you?

Izumi looks up at Dante, an expression of confusion on her face. He gives her a half smile before looking back down at DeSean and giving him a snort of contempt. He turns his back and swings himself out of the ring, before walking back up the ramp.

Cain: Dante seems to have gotten even with DeSean too! He claimed to have taken out Hawthorne, and we know he took out Strikmore – now who's left to oppose his new vision of the New Hellfire Club?

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:43 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: TCW Havoc in Beijing (January 24 2010)

The wall of flame returns, and the entire arena is saturated in a dull red glow. The crowd starts booing loudly as Dante walks out through the flames, apparently immune to their searing heat.

Sammy Eubanks: Please welcome to the ring, tonight's special guest referee...JAAASOOOOON DAAAAAAAAAAAAANTEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Banter: Shouldn't he be wearing a striped shirt?

Tex: Jason Dante makes no concessions to tradition. I think everyone in the ring, and everyone watching, knows his role here.

Dante stalks down to the ring, an odd smile playing across his alabaster features. Every fan in the arena hurls abuse in his direction after his actions tonight, but he pays them no heed.

Cain: Dante doesn't give a damn – if I had to make a guess at his mindset right now, I'd say he's completely aloof. He doesn't care one way or the other what anybody thinks about him.

An explosion sounds above the entrance ramp, sending golden pyro raining down.

Sammy: Introducing first...from Oxford, United Kingdom...weighing in at 143lbs...FREEEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freya walks out, determined expression on her face, and heads right down to the ring.

Cain: Freya will take on Darkness once again – can she emerge triumphant this time?

Tex: Freya is one of the few to have a win over Darkness, but she wasn't successful last time they met. By my count, that makes the score even.

Banter: Didn't he beat her in that match with Bam once?

Cain: But she also pinned him in that match.

Banter: Oh yeah. That was pretty confusing!

Cain: You brought it up.

Freya rolls into the ring and eyes Dante as she steps past him on her way to the corner. Dante watches her, his strange little smile unchanged.

Tex: Dante looks like he's planning something.

Cain: I think Dante is the kind of man who's always planning something, Tex.

As "Fear of the Dark" plays, the view cuts to a shot of Darkness's locker room door. It opens, and Darkness steps from the shadows, his title belt around his waist. As his fans chant along to the music, Darkness walks through the corridors of the arena before reaching the gorilla position.

Sammy: And her opponent...from Chicago, Illinois...weighing in at 218 lbs... he is the TCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.... DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The song kicks in and a huge pyro erupts from the stage. Darkness strides through the flames, silhouetted in the orange glow. As he strides to the ring, flames streak down the side of the ramp, framing him in fire. He enters the ring, ignoring its occupants and mounts the turnbuckle, raising his Heavyweight Championship above his head as the ethereal chanting continues.

Tex: The new Heavyweight Champion....

Banter: Pretty much the same as the old Heavyweight Champion. New belts, same old Darkness.

Cain: Well let's see if he can hold onto them. Deng has made it his business to give everyone on the roster an opportunity to dethrone him, which is one of the things Dante has taken issue with.

Sharing a wary glance in Dante's direction, Darkness and Freya start to circle as the bell rings. Dante adopts a wide grin now, but keeps his distance and crouches down slightly to keep an eye on the action as they lock up. Darkness grabs a wristlock, but Freya ducks underneath his arm and twists it around into a hammerlock. Darkness slaps his shoulder a couple of times, then reverses into a hammerlock of his own. Freya hops towards the ropes, but then wraps her ankles around Darkness's foot and pitches forward, sending him stumbling into them and freeing herself in the process.

Cain: Darkness and Freya have taken each other's measure several times in the past, but what difference will the unknown element of Dante as the referee make?

Banter: I don't see how either of them can trust him!

Tex: But they'll have to. Commissioner Stern has brought Dante back, although I'm still struggling to understand why.

Freya dances away with a small smile as Darkness collects himself and they start to circle once more. They lock up again, with Freya putting a headlock on this time. She wrenches on the hold, but Darkness plants a hand against her back and shoves her away towards the corner. Freya stops herself against the turnbuckle, but then jumps up and springs off the middle rope with a moonsault press. Darkness catches her in midair though and then drops her right down into an Emerald Froison.

Tex: Oh!

Cain: A big move in the early going from Darkness there. Could that actually be enough?

Darkness hooks the leg...

One...

Two...not enough!

Darkness rolls Freya up to her feet, but she punches him in the gut and drops down into a jawbreaker. He staggers away and she gets up and runs the ropes, coming back with a flying forearm. The impact knocks Darkness over the top rope and he falls to the outside, but is able to land on his feet. He massages his jaw with his good hand on the outside, watching her with narrowed eyes.

Tex: Freya seems to be in control so far, but Darkness doesn't tend to spend much time on the back foot if he can help it.

Banter: Well he might not be able to help it this time – that's kind of the point.

Freya walks backwards, holding out her arms, and then stops as she walks right into Dante. She turns around slowly and comes face to face with the special guest referee who smiles at her. Freya doesn't return his smile, she just holds his gaze for a moment before turning back and heading for the ropes. Darkness is up on the apron though and he grabs her head, pulling her down throat-first onto the top rope. He jumps back onto the apron and springboards off the top rope as Freya turns around, crashing into her with a crossbody. He holds on for the cover...

One...

But Freya uses the momentum to roll through into a pinning combination of her own ...

One...

Two...kickout!

Cain: This match almost reached a very rapid conclusion there, perhaps in part due to Dante's distraction. He's not doing anything overtly nefarious here, but perhaps he doesn't need to.

Darkness is up fast, but Freya hits him with a dropkick and he bounces back into the ropes. She brings him down with an armdrag on the way back and holds on, but Darkness reverses out into a hammerlock on the mat. He jumps forward into a headlock and brings Freya up to her feet. Dante watches from the corner as Darkness exerts pressure on the hold. Freya reaches out and grabs the ropes, which causes Dante to swagger over. He starts counting off, not going slow or fast, and Darkness releases at three. The two old rivals stand off for a long moment before Freya breaks up the reunion with a forearm to Darkness's back. She jumps up, looking for the Lungblower, but Darkness grabs a handful of her hair and flips her over his back and down to the canvas. Dante just steps out of the way in time.

Banter: He nearly got involved right there!

Tex: He almost got hit; that's not the same thing. Still, it might be wiser for him to stay back. He's certainly not an experienced referee.

Darkness drops a knee, then lifts Freya up and tries a scoop slam. Freya wriggles free and reverses into an inverted DDT, then scrambles on top for the pin...

One...

Tw...shoulder up!

Freya runs the ropes and comes back with a low dropkick, then heads for the corner. She waits for Darkness to get to his feet and then flies off, but he catches her around the throat with his prosthetic hand in midair. He places his hand against her back and goes to lift her into the Slayer Slam, but she grabs hold of his head and spins around, planting him with a tornado DDT instead. She stands and then hits a standing moonsault to a big pop. She hooks the leg...

One...

Two...

And Darkness gets his shoulder up!

Tex: I thought that might have been all there. If I understand the stipulations of this match correctly, the winner will go on to take part in the final of the Majestic Cup – but only if that's Darkness will it be for the Heavyweight Championship.

Cain: Yes, I believe that's how it works. Though given what's already happened in tonight's other matches, I don't know how the Majestic Cup final is likely to shape up. We don't have any winners at all yet.

Freya claps her hands, firing up the crowd. She lifts Darkness to his feet and whips him off the ropes. She gets a drop toehold on the way back and Darkness lands hung up on the second rope. There is another big cheer as Freya signals for the OX4, but Darkness is already struggling up to his feet. Freya starts hammering him with right hands, but he shoves her away and then there is an audible crack and an 'oooh!' from the crowd as he hits her with a superkick from nowhere!

Tex: Devastating!

Banter: That sound makes my jaw ache just hearing it.

He covers...

One...

Two...

Thre...no!

Darkness lifts Freya up and kicks her in the gut, then puts her in a front facelock, but she plants her feet and flexes backwards into a northern lights suplex! She holds the bridge...

One...

Two...

Thr...not enough!

Cain: Freya is proving more than a match for the Heavyweight Champion, as we expected.

Tex: Yes, Darkness has his work cut out here, even without Dante hanging around.

Freya stomps Darkness down and heads over to the corner. She climbs the turnbuckle and turns around, then flies off with a moonsault, but Darkness rolls out of the way. Freya lands on her feet though and, as Darkness rolls up to his feet, she hits him with a front dropkick. He reels backwards and then trips so he's left hung up on the second rope...

Banter: Oh come on...
Freya cups her hands to her mouth and lets out a distinctly lupine howl, then bounces off the opposite ropes. She flies towards Darkness and then spins through the ropes, crashing into him with the OX4! Darkness staggers backwards as Freya holds up her arms as she stands on the apron, then springboards off. She lands on Darkness's shoulders and flexes backwards into a hurracanrana, but Darkness holds on and switches his grip down to her waist. He steps backwards, then drops down into a piledriver.

Cain: What a reversal! That could easily be all!

Darkness pins...

One...

Two...

Thre...KICKOUT!

Dante shrugs his shoulders apologetically as Darkness eyeballs him. The Heavyweight Champion picks Freya up and kicks her in the stomach. He goes to lift her into the Darkness DDT, but she grabs his head and pulls him down into an inside cradle...

One...

Two...no!

Tex: This match is oscillating back and forth so rapidly. I wouldn't even begin to guess who might emerge the winner at this stage.

Banter: Oh go on – just try.

Tex: No, I couldn't.

Banter: Go on.

Tex: No!

Banter: Go on. Please. Just take a guess.

Tex: Fine. Freya.

Banter: What? Don't be retarded.

Darkness charges Freya, but she throws herself clear and he crashes into the turnbuckle. She grabs him around the head and then runs up the turnbuckles, going for the Lunar Eclipse, only for Darkness to reverse right into an ace crusher as she comes down behind him. Freya falls to the canvas as Darkness leaps up to the top rope and then arcs backwards towards her with a huge moonsault. It hits and he hooks her leg...

One...

Two...

Thre...shoulder up!

Banter: See? You're an idiot.

Cain: It's not over yet, Banter.

Darkness holds up an arm to signal the finish as he gets to his feet. He beckons Freya up and then clamps his prosthetic around her throat as she stands. He lifts her high into the air and then brings her down to the mat with a massive Slayer Slam. He grabs her legs as the impact bounces her up and starts to turn her over into the Darkshooter, but she twists her torso and sends him flying forwards into the ropes.

Banter: Not again!

Tex: Darkness is exactly where he doesn't want to be now, hung up on that middle rope.

Banter: Absurd. How does she do it? It can't just keep magically happening that way. She couldn't possibly have meant to do that. Am I the only one who notices this stuff?

Freya doesn't take the time to signal, she just bounces off the opposite ropes and then towards him, but Darkness ducks out of the way, rolling out under the bottom rope and onto the apron. Freya lands on her feet in the ring instead and Darkness drives a shoulder into her gut as she turns to attack him. She staggers backwards and Darkness grabs her head over the top rope, then lifts himself up and over, grabbing the back of her tights on the way 'round in order to land a modified Darkness DDT in the ring!

Cain: Oh my goodness! Darkness just hit something somewhere between a tornado- and Darkness DDT!

Tex: Could this be all?

He covers...

One...

Two...

Three!!!

Darkness stands up, but then goes right down again as, from behind, Dante floors him with a clothesline to the back of the head!

Cain: What the hell was that?!

Tex: Dante just attacked Darkness! Why would he do that?

The fans are booing loudly as Darkness lies on the canvas, holding his head. Freya is getting up to her feet slowly, but Dante kicks her in the gut and then wraps an arm around her throat. Freya, worn down from the match, tries to fight back, but he hauls her up into the air and throws her over the top rope to the floor below.

Banter: He's finally gone crazy!

Cain: Dante just called this match right down the line, and now he turns on his supposed friends? I don't get this at all.

Darkness is gradually clambering up to his knees, but Dante kicks him right in the face and then presses his boot against his throat, pinning him to the canvas. He leans towards the ropes and beckons for a microphone. Nobody moves, so he roars, "Get me a damn mic!" at the timekeeper who jumps and then obliges. Dante leans across, still keeping his foot on Darkness's throat and take the microphone.

"I'm sorry to have to do this, brother," he snarls, "but you really gave me no choice. See, I've been trying to help you. I've been trying to be your friend. But I guess you can't go back, can you? There's no getting the band back together, not when one member of it can't resist throwing my good intentions back in my face: not when a man I trusted above all others would turn on me like this."

Cain: Darkness turn on him?!

Dante leans closer, forcing his boot down harder on Darkness's throat. The Heavyweight Champion puts his hands against his foot and tries to push his way free, but Dante has all the leverage, and hasn't just fought a tough match.

"Just remember that I was on your side, Nightwalker, but you spat on me and everything we fought for for so long. And I know you know this already, but I want all these fans – fans who still naively chant your name – to know it too...it was me who attacked you before your match with Loop, Darkness. I was trying to make you stronger. I was trying to set up your most glorious victory of all time. I knew the fans would turn on you if you brutalised that kid, so I tried to put them in your corner, and you ruined it by not being good enough. So I came back on your side, trying to help you out and give you new opportunities, but you threw it in my face. You ungrateful bastard. You piece of shit. I should have beaten you to death that night. I should have left you choking on your own blood. But I didn't...I still thought there was a future for what we built, but I was wrong. It's over. And so are you."

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]