[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - TCW Breakdown 2009 in Beijing (October 20 2009)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 TCW Breakdown 2009 in Beijing (October 20 2009) 
Commissioner

Post TCW Breakdown 2009 in Beijing (October 20 2009)

Cain: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to TCW Retribution in the TCW arena – aka the Beijing National Indoor Stadium. We have a great night of action for you coming up, culminating in the final of the tournament to crown the first ever TCW Heavyweight Champion!

Banter: And it sure is a crazy final!

Tex: A highly unusual series of events led to this match, and we are guaranteed to see a new top champion in TCW tonight. Will it be the experienced and seemingly invincible Freya, or the newcomer and rookie Loop? Keep watching to find out.

Backstage, TCW owner Lee Deng is walking down a corridor. His face is as impassive as ever but, after a few seconds, he seems to become aware of someone shadowing him. He halts, turns, and the camera lifts up over his shoulder to focus on the unforgettable sight of Darkness standing behind him.

Tex: Now that's not something you ever want to see!

Cain: We're just about to kick things off here at Retribution, but what does Darkness want with Mr. Deng?

"Is there something I can help you with, Darkness?"

The former World's Champion takes a step forward. Though not overly tall himself, he still towers over the slight figure of Deng.

"If there is something you want, then speak."

"I don't know if you've noticed, Deng, but this is the first pay-per-view in over two years that doesn't feature me in the main event."

Banter: Is that true?

Tex: I think it probably must be.

Deng gives Darkness a humourless smile. "Now that is hardly my fault, is it? You had your opportunity to challenge for the new TCW Heavyweight Championship, and you came up short."

"I was under the impression that the objective of this new initiative of yours was to bring order to the locker room. You took my belts in order to control us."

"That is correct."

"And yet, the reason I'm not challenging for the title that should be mine is that I was assaulted backstage before my match."

"I am aware of this issue, and if you think I am happy about what happened to you at Havoc then you are very much mistaken."

Darkness takes another step towards Deng. "I won't forget what you did to me, Deng. I won't forget what you took from me. If I find out you were involved in that attack in any way..."

"What are you suggesting? That I would conspire to eliminate this company's top drawing star from a showcase pay-per-view event? Darkness, I would have preferred you to be in the final tonight too, but we are left with what we are left. Such is the nature of tournaments."

"There was nothing natural about what happened to me."

"Is that so?"

Darkness gives Deng a long look, and then starts to walk away.

"Darkness..."

"What?"

"If you know something about that attack at Havoc, I would appreciate you telling me. I am currently conducting my own investigations."

"I know as much as you do, Deng."

Darkness walks away, disappearing back into the shadows. Deng watches after him for a long moment, and then turns away too.

Sammy: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the TCW Aftershock Championship!

[html]<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/2508060/tcw_izumi_tron.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" allowFullScreen="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2508060/tcw_izumi_tron/">TCW Izumi Tron</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">Awesome video clips here</a></font>[/html]

The arena goes dark as the opening parts of Miseria Cantare play. A single spotlight shines onto the entry way, fading on and off. The music kicks into it's main drum beat just before the lyrics begin. Izumi appears on the stage to a crowd pop in the slowly strobing spotlight as a brief pyro explodes, showering her visage in sparks.

Sammy: From Tokyo, Japan...weighing in at 144 pounds...IZUUUUUUUUUUUUMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She walks slowly to the ring, the spotlight following her, still casting it's powerful strobing glow upon her. She stops at the ring apron, and as the music reaches it's peak, she leaps into the ring, the lights coming on full at last. She circles the ring and shouts stuff to the crowd, pumping them and herself up, before finally mounting a turnbuckle and raising a single fist in the air.

Tex: The former Aftershock Championship is getting her long awaited rematch here tonight. Some would argue the circumstances behind her losing it were controversial, but nevertheless, she is a challenger tonight.

Banter: Controversial? She got beaten twice over in that bush-league FWRFed place!

The arena lights turn black and then blue lights start to flash, the beginning chords of Jay-Z's Blueprint 2 begins to play.

Jay-Z this, Jay-Z that (Jay-Z won't hold my hand no more)
Jay-Z this, Jay-Z that
Jay-Z that, Jay-Z this (Jay-Z won't give me no money)
Get off Jay-Z dick
What y'all niggas get front page articles, y'all mention Jay-Z name
(This thing on?) Jay-Z, Jay-Z, in Jay-Z news
I understand what y'all trying to do
I brought the flutes this time, though

As the beat kicks on the last sentence, DeSean walks through the curtains. Instead of his head being down, he stares straight ahead with his hoodie still on. The camera zooms in, getting a close up view of his determined face.

Cain: I would also like to add that this is a rematch for DeSean as well, who originally lost his championship all the way back at Endgame, to Izumi. He came up short in a singles match against her, but this is a championship match, and a triple threat at that.

H, O V A
The Blueprint 2 baby, on the way
H, O V A
I got my mojo back baby, oh behave

He slowly walks down the ramp to the majority of the fans cheering him on.

Can't y'all, see that he's fake, the rap version of TD jakes
Prophesizing on your CDs and tapes
Won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith?

He stands on the apron and makes the X signal with his arms, he looks into the camera and yells before entering the ring.

These dudes is all politics, depositing checks
they put in they pocket, all you get in return is a lot of lip
And y'all buy the shit, caught up in the hype
Cause the nigga wear a coofie, it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the bullshit that he write

He walks to the corner turnbuckle and outstretches the arms, he then turns, springs off the ring post and rolls into the center of the ring before posing one more time on knee.

Sammy: From Greensboro, North Carolina...weighing in at 224 lbs...DESEEEEEEEEEEEEAN 'THETEEEECHNIIIIICIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN' BLAAAAAAAAACKWEEEEEEEEEEEELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tex: DeSean announced at the last show that there would be no more fooling around, a brand new DeSean Blackwell...he claimed to be the living, breathing future of this company. This is his biggest chance to back those words up.

[html]<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5248626&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=0&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1"><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5248626&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=0&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></object><br><br>JE gets a great reaction as his pyros go off. He walks out, holding up the Aftershock Title in the air.<br><br><i>GW: At BloodBath, JE walked out with more than he expected as he won TCW's Aftershock Championship for the second time in his career!<br><br>JJ: I still don't get how that happened, or why we're celebrating it. Don't we hate TCW? <br><br>GW: I wouldn't say that.<br><br>JJ: Careful – you'll end up in Guantanamo Bay!</i><br><br>JE slides into the ring and climbs the turnbuckle, lifting his belt up over his head as the fans cheer.<br><br><object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5245455&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=0&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1"><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5245455&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=0&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></object>[/html]

JE comes out with his entrance music playing, 3's and 7's by Queens of the Stone Age. He slides into the ring and raises his AfterShock championship to the crowd.

Cain: Let's not count out the CURRENT Aftershock Champion. JE has wrestled here in the past as a TCWer, though he now holds that belt as a FWRFeder. While I will admit I am personally hoping for a TCW victory tonight, don't count this guy out.

JE shows off his belt to the other two wrestlers in the ring, before handing it off to the referee who raises it in the air symbolicly before it is placed at ringside. The competitors prepare to face each other...

The bell rings!

Immediately DeSean and Izumi attack JE, both delivering stiff punches and backing him into the ropes. They Irish whip him off, before teaming up with a double clothesline, flattening him to the mat and going to work on him with stomps.

Tex: Izumi and DeSean working together?

Cain: They're rivals, but they recognise that they both want the championship in TCW, so they seem to be putting their differences aside...for the moment.

DeSean nods to Izumi as they both run and rebound off opposite ropes, dropping elbows on the current AfterShock champion. They put the boots to him again, before running back to do the same...

Except this time, Izumi charges faster, jumping over JE and into DeSean, ensaring him with her legs in midair and pulling him down into a traingle choke!

Tex: My God, that's a flying triangle choke!

Cain: The Sankaku-Jime this early! It could be over in a second!

DeSean struggles in the hold at Izumi struggles to lock her legs in place. DeSean flails around in the hold, trying to power his way out of it, and finally shifts himself so one of his legs is on the nearby rope, and the referee breaks the hold.

Cain: That was a nice move by Izumi but DeSean was just too smart to let himself get submitted that early. Great ring precense from The Technician.

Both of them roll to their feet. Izumi just shrugs at DeSean, who gives her a mocking golf clap, and suddenly DeSean clotheslines Izumi to the ground!

Tex: Well, I guess we can say goodbye to that shaky alliance.

DeSean mounts Izumi and gives her a flurry of punches on the ground, before picking her up by the head and drilling her with a suplex, quickly shifting to a pin...

One...

Two...

No!

DeSean drills Izumi with some more right hands, but as he stands up with her for a repetition of the sequence, JE rolls him up from behind!

One...

Two...

Thr-

Kickout!

Both DeSean and JE stand and start trading punches with each other. Izumi sneaks onto the nearest turnbuckle, and appears to be waiting for something. As DeSean is felled with a punch, Izumi springs into action with a flying cross body!

Cain: A cover-wait!

JE rolls through, pinning Izumi!

One...

Two...

Thre-

DeSean is able to lunge at the pinfall attempt just in time to break it up. He grapples with JE quickly, trying to overpower him. DeSean gets a waistlock from behind and attempting a German, but JE blocks it, and reverses the position, before locking DeSean in a reverse DDT position. DeSean breaks free and spins around, locking up with JE again, before kicking him in the gut and attempting a DDT. JE counters AGAIN with a small package!

One...

Two...

Thre-KICKOUT!

Tex: Amazing!

Cain: This match could end at any moment! So fast and furious is an Aftershock title match. Take your eyes off the ball, and-

Izumi flips to her feet, and jumps on JE's shoulders as he stands up, before flipping backwards and forcing his head and neck to the mat with a crushing impact using her legs!

Tex: What a devestating Zanmato Driver! This could be-

Izumi is stopped before she can even move for a pin. She is kicked in the stomach by DeSean, and put into position for a Hangman's DDT!

He lifts...

Izumi reaches out and grabs the top rope. fighting the move with all her might. DeSean can't pull her off, and she slips out of his grip, landing and delivering a spinning heel kick!

DeSean ducks...

The referee gets caught on the head hard, falling to the mat!

Tex: Oh no...

Cain: Referee's out!

Banter: This kind of thing is happening more and more. We gotta get sturdier refs.

DeSean and Izumi haven't stopped brawling, and keep going at each other with a relentless pace, kicking, and punching in a flurry, and countering each other. JE appears to have shaken off the Zanmato Driver, and eventually inserts himself into the mix, all 3 brawling in the middle of the ring.

Tex: This is insanity!

Cain: At this rate, this match will never end!

The arena lights blink out!

Banter: I can't see a damn thing!

Tex: What happened, did we have a power outage in the building?

Cain: What the hell is going on?

It is pitch black in the arena, save for the occasional camera flashbulb going off.

The sound of a heartbeat comes from the arena sound system.

Then...

The lights come on as a firewall bursts from the stage! And standing infront of it is a towering, masked man, over seven feet tall...

Tex: Oh my God! It's Inferno!

Cain: Inferno is back!

He walks to the ring with a purpose, moving very fast as the in ring competitors have stopped and are watching as Inferno approaches the ring, ready to defend themselves.

Tex: Why is he here now?! I heard he'd left wrestling forever...

Cain: That's what I'd heard as well. He was signed to FWRFed after Road to Glory, and quietly retired, citing personal reasons...

Banter: Well here he is now! And I sure wouldn't want to be in his way...

Inferno steps onto the ring apron and into the ring over the top rope, advancing...

JE charges him first, but is speared to the ground thunderously! Inferno rears up and raises his arms powerfully, standing over him.

DeSean moves in, but gets kicked in the gut and a hand clasped around his throat. He is lifted into the air and drilled with a powerful chokeslam!

Tex: Oh no!

Cain: Izumi's next! Get the hell out of there!

Izumi and Inferno lock eyes. She grits her teeth and charges forward with a kick, but Inferno catches it with ease.

Banter: I can't watch! Wait, yes I can...

Inferno suddenly shoves Izumi back, but doesn't do anything to her. Izumi looks shocked as Inferno walks right past her, and nudges the referee with a boot. He points at DeSean, before leaving the ring quietly.

Tex: I think he just told her to...

Izumi stares at Inferno, who again makes a gesture towards DeSean. She hesitantly covers him, as the referee begins to stir...

Cain: She's pinning DeSean! She's about to win the Aftershock title!

The referee sees the cover, and slowly counts...

One...

Two...

Three!

Izumi stands back, up as her music plays, looking at Inferno as he's leaving, still shocked. She is handed the Aftershock belt from ringside and looks at it, then him again.

Sammy: Here is your winner, and the NEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW...TCW Aftershock Champion...IZZZZUUUUMIIIIIIII!

Tex: Izumi's pinned DeSean! We've....we've got a new champion!

Cain: I thought for sure he was going to destroy Izumi as well, but he seems to have given her the opportunity to win here.

Tex: Does she really want to win it like that? I still don't believe this....

Banter: Can you blame her? What choice did she have? Was she just going to stand around looking stupid after all of that? You see an opportunity like that and you have to take it.

Cain: I don't think she's happy about the way it went down, though...

Tex: What a shocking, shocking turn of events...Inferno's returned, and we have ourselves a new TCW Aftershock Champion. What else is going to happen tonight?

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:37 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: TCW Breakdown 2009 in Beijing
We go backstage to the Commissioner's skybox. Deng and Stern are watching a replay of the last moments of the previous match.

"This is your idea of control?" Stern gives Deng a significant look.

"I did not invite Inferno back to TCW, Ms. Stern."

"No?"

"No."

"So I'll call security and get him escorted out of the building then." She moves over to the telephone, but Deng places a hand over the receiver.

"That will not be necessary."

"Excuse me?"

"I did not invite Inferno, but since he is here and he has proven to be a popular competitor in the past, I see no reason not to offer him a contract."

Stern stares at him. "That makes no sense..."

"It makes perfect sense."

"No, the whole reason you stripped them of their belts and started this tournament was to prevent attacks like the one Inferno just perpetrated. Now you want to sign him back on to the roster?"

"I believe he may become a valuable asset."

"Try telling that to JE – he just got screwed out of his title. I worked damn hard to put that thing on an FWRFed guy. He was going to be our way back into the States."

"Ms. Stern, I assure you that FWRFed will be more than compensated for the loss of the Aftershock Title."

Stern frowns. "What does that mean?"

"I am not at liberty to divulge all the details at this time."

"I'm the Commissioner of this promotion!"

"And I am the owner of this promotion."

Deng holds Stern's gaze for a long time, but she finally crosses her arms and looks away, an expression of cold fury on her face.

Cain: Tension in the upper echelons of TCW there. Let's hope both of them have what's best for us all in mind.

Banter: Of course they do – have a little faith.

Tex: Well, that's all by-the-by, because now we come to the match we've all been waiting for, the final of this impromptu tournament that was started at Friction for the new TCW Heavyweight Championship.

Cain: And what an unusual match it's ended up being – Freya will take on relative newcomer Loop who, at Havoc, scored the upset win over a severely injured Darkness.

Sammy Eubanks: The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the TCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

An explosion sounds above the entrance ramp, sending golden pyro raining down.

Sammy: Introducing first...from Oxford, United Kingdom...weighing in at 143lbs...FREEEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freya walks out, determined expression on her face, and heads right down to the ring.

Tex: Freya, the last ever Bleeder Champion, now contends for a new and very different belt.

Cain: This new title lacks the prestige of her former Championship right now, but it is still the top accolade in TCW, and this tournament for it involved the whole roster – you'd better believe she intends to win this match and walk out with the gold.

The new title is sitting on a pedestal at ringside, and Freya gives it a long look before climbing into the ring.

Banter: Who'd have thought we'd see this final, eh?

Tex: Well not me, although Freya was certainly a favourite to be here from the very beginning.

Freya's music fades, to be replaced by Loop's generic song. He walks out, getting a very mixed reaction.

Tex: Loop looks even paler than he did last week.

Banter: And that was after attacking Darkness!

Cain: If it was him that did it – I still wonder if this young man is capable of taking out Darkness like that. Even with a surprise attack in a narrow corridor, I fail to see how he could dispatch such a formidable foe.

Sammy: And her opponent...weighing in at 137 lbs...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!

Loop spends a moment looking at the Heavyweight Championship too before he too swings himself up into the ring. Freya stands, waiting for her opponent.

Tex: Freya is in the rare situation of outweighing her opponent here.

Banter: This is madness!

The bell rings and they stand off for a long moment before starting to circle and then locking up. Freya takes control right away with a side headlock and spins Loop down to the mat with a takedown. Loop tries to struggle free, but Freya tightens her grip and presses his shoulders down against the mat...

One...

Tw...shoulder up!

Loop manages to push himself up to his feet. He shoves Freya away into the ropes but she comes back with a shoulder block, then runs the ropes and hits Loop with a low dropkick. He rolls away into the ropes, but Freya is on him quickly with stomps. She drags him up to his feet and flips him over with a snapmare, segueing right into a chinlock. Loop winces and tries to claw his way free. He eventually just rakes Freya's eyes, sending her staggering away, then follows up with a sloppy arm drag as she heads back towards him. He looks for an armbar, but Freya easily outwrestles him, reversing into a hammerlock and throwing him up into the air to land hard face-first on the canvas.

Tex: Freya looks to be in firm control of this match so far – she has the speed, strength, size and experience advantage.

Banter: So he's in trouble in other words?

Tex: In my estimation, Loop is a serious underdog in this contest.

Freya rolls her shoulders and smiles as Loop groggily picks himself up. She attacks with a series of hard forearm shots that knock him into the ropes, then goes for an Irish whip. Loop reverses and then flies at her with a crossbody. They both crash to the mat and Loop holds on for a pin...

One...

T...not enough!

Freya shoves Loop away and kips up. He turns and she nails him with a hard enziguri, the sound of the shot reverberating around the arena. She rolls him over and hooks the leg...

One...

Two...

Thre...no! Loop just kicks out in time!

Cain: A devastating enziguri, but it wasn't enough this time.

Freya stands up and ducks low, beckoning for Loop to stand. He does so and she charges in, looking for the Lungblower, but Loop catches her with a boot to the gut in midair. She flies backwards, landing high on her neck and shoulders and Loop dives onto her, folding her over into a cover...

One...

Two...no!

Loop punches Freya on the mat and then jumps up for a big elbow drop. Freya rolls away, holding her face, and Loop stomps her until she rolls out under the bottom rope to the outside. He takes a few seconds to catch his breath in the ring and then runs the ropes, coming back with a suicide dive!

Tex: High risk move!

Freya throws herself clear though and Loop crashes headlong into the floor!

Cain: And it doesn't pay off – this could be the opportunity Freya needs to put Loop away and become the first TCW Heavyweight Champion.

The crowd 'oooh's as Loop writhes on the floor, clutching at his head. Freya rolls in and out of the ring to break the count, then drags Loop up by his hair. She shoves him against the apron and lays in a series of hard chops to his chest. She pounds on him with punches and kicks, then rolls him into the ring. She hooks the leg...

One...

Two...

Thr...shoulder up at the last second!

Cain: Not enough, but surely this is only a matter of time now.

Banter: Loop looks out of it!

Tex: I think landing on the floor before may have given him a concussion, Banter.

Freya stands up and cracks her knuckles. Loop's eyes are glassy and he stands up slowly, swaying slightly from side to side. Freya waits for him to turn, then trips him with a drop toehold. He stumbles forward and lands hung up on the second rope. The crowd rise to their feet as Freya cups her hands to her mouth and lets out a loud wolf's howl.

Cain: Freya is going for the OX4! If she hits this, the result of this match will be academic!

She flies off the opposite ropes and swings herself around between the ropes...

Banter: Here we go!

...and just as she's midway through the swing, a huge pair of arms grabs her and yanks her out of the ring, throwing her down against the floor.

Cain: What the hell?!

The owner of the arms – an equally huge man in a shirt and slacks – starts stomping Freya down as the referee shouts from the ring and calls for the bell.

Banter: What's going on? Who's that guy?!

Cain: I have no idea, but this match just got thrown out!

The assault continues as Freya tries to defend herself, but the element of surprise has taken its toll. The big man lifts her up into a bearhug and then charges the ringpost, smashing her into it.

Tex: Hold on a second, I think I recognise that man – that's Nike Washington, formerly of the Arizona Cardinals!

Cain: The running back who got suspended after breaking a man's neck?

Tex: That's right – I know he's a wrestling fan too. I think I read he was backstage at a recent FWRFed show.

Banter: So what's he doing here, ruining a tournament final?

Washington is in the ring now. Loop stands up groggily and Washington lifts him up into a thunderous spinebuster that shakes the ring!

On the outside, Freya is cradling her back, trying to get to her feet. Washington kicks Loop away and swings himself back out of the ring. He picks Freya up by her hair...

Cain: I think business is about to pick up!

Washington shoves Freya away as Darkness's pyro goes off early and the crowd rise to their feet. He charges out of the stage, heading right down to intercept the interloper. Washington meets his charge, but Darkness's attacks are furious, and he beats him back with hard rights. Washington dives into the ring and Darkness comes after him.

Banter: I don't think this was what Deng had in mind...

Tex: Neither do I, but why is this guy even here? I just don't understand what's going on.

Darkness rears back and catches Washington in the jaw with a massive superkick. He goes right down and rolls away into the ropes. Freya climbs into the ring after Darkness and they both stand there, looking around in confusion and wondering, like everyone else, what's going on.

Darkness and Freya's heads both snap round as a confused hush descends across the crowd.

Cain: You have to be kidding me...

Darkness walks to the ropes, pointing down at the stage and mouthing off. Freya is shaking her head in disbelief.

Tex: That's FWRFed Champion Woodrow Daniels' music – does he have something to do with this? How is this possible?

Neither Freya nor Darkness see Daniels dive into the ring from behind them after coming through the fans. Darkness turns first, but Daniels is ready for him with the TCW Heavyweight Championship, and smashes him across the head with it. Freya turns too, but Daniels attacks her with the belt as well.

Banter: What's he doing?!

Cain: He's sabotaging this main event is what he's doing! Is this some kind of invasion?!

Washington is up now, rubbing his jaw as Daniels kicks Freya and Darkness away. He looks at the TCW belt in his hand as the crowd boo him loudly and then throws it to Washington with a sneer. He gestures for a microphone.

Tex: Now maybe we'll find out what's going on here.

"Ladies and gentlemen...I hope you'll all be able to follow what I'm saying. If not, I don't really give a rat's ass."

Cain: Charming...

"Some of you may know me: I'm the FWRFed World's Heavyweight Champion." He flicks his coat open, revealing the gold belt around his waist. "That's a real title there – not like this crappy belt these freaks are fighting over." He smiles, milking the reaction from the hostile TCW crowd. "Now you're probably all wondering what I'm doing here. Well I'll tell you, because I'm a generous man. As the top wrestler in the world today, it's important to me to keep an eye on the competition, so I know who might be a threat to my lofty position. I've watched TCW for a while now, and I've got to say, I just don't get it!"

Tex: Get what?

"Because, the weird thing is, people treat this bush-league promotion like it's more prestigious than FWRFed. People act like this is the big leagues, and that makes me very angry. You think Darkness and Freya are better than me? It's absurd. It's insulting. More than anything, it's inaccurate. Now, when I came back to FWRFed, my objective was to destroy it – to change it forever – and that's still the case, but my ambition is outstripped only by my abilities. I don't just want to break FWRFed; I want to break this entire industry. I want to destroy everything you moron fans know and love. And, the truth is, I can't resist a wounded animal. I can't resist blood in the water. I'm the shark-infested dumpster and I'm coming to kick TCW when it's down. This place is dying, and I'm here to usher it into its grave once and for all."

Cain: You've gotta be kidding me...

Banter: Who the hell does he think he is?

"That's right," Daniels continues, "and in case you think this is some kind of perverted nobility at work, rest assured that the sole reason I flew all the way to China to do this is because its funny and because I can. I want to destroy TCW because it's amusing to see these alleged great warriors, these supposed superhuman competitors, be shuffled off quietly into the night by a colossal prick like me. For all of DeSean Blackwell's pride, for all of Izumi's fight, for all of Dante's fury, for all of Freya's skill and Darkness's power, there is not one damn thing any of you can do to stop me. Don't worry – I'm going to make it quick and relatively painless." He turns and points at the title that Nike Washington is still holding. "I'm going to be taking that piece of shit belt by beating whoever the bosses of this crappy place want me to, then I'll bring it back to FWRFed, then I'll throw it in the fucking trash where it belongs. I'm going to cripple all your favourite wrestlers and steal and break any pieces of equipment backstage I can find. I'm going to rip open the packaging of all the merchandise and wipe my ass with it. I'm going to break the lighting technician's fingers and collapse the announce table. For good measure, I'll even make sure to clog the toilets. When I'm done with this place, no one will even remember the name TC-whatever."

He throws down the microphone as his music starts to play, but its nearly drowned out by the sound of the crowd's furious booing. Outside the ring, Darkness and Freya have picked themselves up, and they stand looking at Daniels and his henchman in the ring, their faces displaying a mixture of shock and anger.

Tex: I...I don't believe it...

Banter: Well if he thinks he's gonna destroy TCW, he's got another thing coming!

Backstage, Stern is watching her monitor open mouthed. Furiously, she turns to Deng, who is sitting calmly at the desk. "Did you just see that?!"

"I was watching the same monitor you were, Ms. Stern."

"Aren't you going to do anything?"

"The show is about to end – what purpose would it serve now?"

"So you're just letting this happen?!"

Deng gives Stern a mild look, and she opens her mouth, closes it again, and then narrows her eyes.

"This is what you meant, isn't it?"

"Excuse me?"

"About FWRFed being compensated. This is your doing – you invited Daniels here. Why?"

"You are letting your imagination run away with you, Ms. Stern."

"Am I?"

She holds Deng's gaze for a long moment, but this time it's him that looks away. Curling her lip, she shakes her head and storms out of the office, leaving Deng alone at his desk.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]