[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Friction in Beijing (August 07 2009)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Friction in Beijing (August 07 2009) 
Commissioner

Post Friction in Beijing (August 07 2009)

Tex: Welcome to TCW Friction, and we're all greeted by a strange sight here tonight...

The ring is filled with everyone on the TCW roster. Darkness and Freya are standing together, but everyone else is keeping a safe distance. Notable by their absences are Matt Strikmore and Dante. On the stage at the top of the ramp are four strongboxes on small tables.

Cain: We have no idea what's going on here, but Mr. Deng said he had something to tell everyone in TCW.

Banter: Maybe he's gay!

Cain: Maybe you're gay...

Banter: Ask your wife about that sometime.

After a few seconds, Deng walks out. He doesn't bother with any music, just comes out through the curtain and stands there, waiting for the crowd to quiet down. He has a metal briefcase in one hand.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the new era of TCW. You are all probably wondering what is going on and why the ring is filled with your favourite stars. Well, I have come out here to make an announcement that will change the face of TCW forever and wanted to make sure that everyone in the locker room could hear it first hand. I know how...busy...some of the members of our roster are, and how they so often manage to miss announcements that effect them or feign ignorance of important events."

Cain: Shoot!

Tex: What does he mean about 'a new era'?

Cain: I don't know, but I have a very ominous feeling about this.

"I am sure I do not have to remind anyone of the events that ended Extreme Measures. Let me fill in the fans on how I have dealt with the immediate problems stemming from that: Matt Strikmore has been severely injured and is still recuperating in a medical facility. He will not be able to wrestle for the indefinite future."

Tex: And we all send our best wishes to Strikmore – here's to a speedy return.

"And as for Jason Dante, you will be pleased to hear that he will face the consequences of his actions: he too will not be wrestling for the foreseeable future, because I have suspended him."

Banter: Deng doesn't mess around, I guess.

Tex: No he does not. And I find it hard to disagree with his decision here.

Darkness and Freya exchange a glance in the ring as Deng pauses to let his words sink in.

"So, with that out of the way, I must move on to the matters that effect everyone else. Sadly, no one is free of blame for what occurred at Extreme Measures and it is my belief that the brawl that erupted is just a sign of how far this promotion has fallen. You have all allowed your personal issues to endanger the survival and prosperity of this company, and it is long past time for all you to take responsibility for your actions."

Banter: Oh man – they're in for it now.

Cain: Deng is laying down the law, apparently. He'll have to be careful he doesn't alienate his employees though.

"The first order of business is this: as of tonight, all title holders, with the exception of the Aftershock Champion who is not a contracted employee of TCW, are stripped of their belts."

Tex: What?!

Cain: What?!

Banter: Huh?!

The crowd shower Deng with a mixed reaction. Darkness storms to the front of the pack, belts in hand, and gives Deng a stern look. The owner of TCW looks unperturbed.

"As each of you come out for your matches tonight, you will relinquish your titles and they will be placed in the boxes to my right." He gestures. "First, I will retire the now-vacant Transcontinental Title. Mr. Simmons?"

Midnight walks out with Strikmore's belt and, with great ceremony, opens up one of the strongboxes and places the belt reverently inside. He closes and locks it shut with grim finality.

"As each belt is placed in its box, it will be officially retired."

Tex: I don't believe it. He's getting rid of the titles?

Cain: Apparently...

"And, since that means there will be no World Titles to compete for, I would like to introduce you all to this." He opens the briefcase in his hands and pulls out a belt:

"The TCW Heavyweight Championship!"

Banter: Shiny!

Tex: It's a nice belt, but this seems a big step. Why is he doing this?

"Tonight, a tournament will begin to crown the first Heavyweight Champion. All of the winners of tonight's matches will be entered into the semi-finals at Havoc and, to prove that winning isn't everything and that your job is to entertain the fans, I will also reward the most impressive loser with a place in the semi-finals. The winners at Havoc will go on to face each other for this belt at the pay-per-view."

The camera zooms in on Darkness with Freya at his side. He leans on the ropes, his belts hanging down from his hands.

Cain: Whichever way you cut it, that man surely has to be the favourite to become that first Champion, but stripped of his current belts, this has really levelled the playing field.

Tex: New era indeed. Darkness's two-year World Title reign will come to an end tonight, but not in the way any of us imagined.

Banter: And what about Freya's Bleeder Title? She's held that just as long.

Tex: She has indeed. I can't imagine what's going on in their heads right now. First they learn Dante is suspended, and now this.

"From now on, you had all better get used to competing in a structured environment. Professional wrestling is a sport, not an opportunity for all of you to settle your petty vendettas at my expense. This is the way that it is going to be from now on. We are seeing the beginning of a new TCW, and if you do not like it...well...you are welcome to return to the United States of America and the retribution that awaits each of you. Have a pleasant evening."

Deng turns his back and leaves the stage. The TCW wrestlers are left stunned in the middle of the ring, exchanging uneasy looks.

Cain: Deng wasn't kidding – he's changed everything!

Banter: What did he mean about a more 'structured environment'?

Tex: I have no idea, but it looks like he plans to keep the locker room on a tight leash from now on. What's going to happen? Who will become the new Heavyweight Champion?

Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:59 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: Friction in Beijing (August 7th 2009)

Sammy Eubanks: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and is a tournament qualifying match!

"Rubber Johnny" plays over the sound system as a blonde haired boy, one eye perpetually shut, emerges onto the stage. He walks out down the aisle, observing the crowd, giving the occasional high five along the way.

Cain: We haven't seen this young man wrestle a match in a long, long time...some fans may remember him from ECF – or, more recently, from a brutal beating at the hands of Drakus at Extreme Measures.

Tex: He's got his hands full tonight...DeSean is one of our most seasoned veterans. He could pull an upset and be one step closer to this new Heavyweight Championship, though.

Banter: Are you kidding? Him? He's half blind!

Sammy: Introducing first, from Memphis, Tennessee, weighing in at 137 pounds...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

Loop steps into the ring and gives the fans a friendly wave, before his music dies down...

The arena lights turn black and then blue lights start to flash, the beginning chords of Jay-Z's Blueprint 2 begins to play.

Jay-Z this, Jay-Z that (Jay-Z won't hold my hand no more)
Jay-Z this, Jay-Z that
Jay-Z that, Jay-Z this (Jay-Z won't give me no money)
Get off Jay-Z dick
What y'all niggas get front page articles, y'all mention Jay-Z name
(This thing on?) Jay-Z, Jay-Z, in Jay-Z news
I understand what y'all trying to do
I brought the flutes this time, though

As the beat kicks on the last sentence, DeSean walks through the curtains. Instead of his head being down, he stares straight ahead with his hoodie still on. The camera zooms in, getting a close up view of his determined face.

H, O V A
The Blueprint 2 baby, on the way
H, O V A
I got my mojo back baby, oh behave

He slowly walks down the ramp to the majority of the fans cheering him on.

[Jay-Z]
Can't y'all, see that he's fake, the rap version of TD jakes
Prophesizing on your CDs and tapes
Won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith?

He stands on the apron and makes the X signal with his arms, he looks into the camera and yells.

These dudes is all politics, depositing checks
they put in they pocket, all you get in return is a lot of lip
And y'all buy the shit, caught up in the hype
Cause the nigga wear a coofie, it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the bullshit that he write

He walks to the corner turnbuckle and outstretches the arms, he then turns, springs off the ring post and rolls into the center of the ring before posing one more time on knee.

Sammy: From Greensboro, North Carolina...weighing in at 224 lbs...DESEEEEEEEEEEEEAN 'THETEEEECHNIIIIICIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN' BLAAAAAAAAACKWEEEEEEEEEEEELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tex: Some might say this is DeSean's time to shine...I think this is one of the best chances he'll have at the World Championship.

Cain: Indeed, he's undoubtedly motivated. He won't be easy to beat.

As his music dies down, DeSean wastes no time in getting into position for a tie-up. Loop obliges him, and they tie up in the middle of the ring as the bell is rung. The two jockey for position, before Loop is overpowered and pressed into the corner. DeSean lands in a few blows before the referee moves in to break, and he breaks cleanly.

The two tie up again, and once again it is DeSean that gets the better of him, but this time forces him into the ropes, where he lands a few punches before shooting him off with an Irish Whip. He leans over for a flapjack.

Loop cuts him off with a kick to the head and then bounces back off the ropes for a running clothesline. DeSean easily ducks it, however, and returns the favor, connecting with a stiff clothesline once Loop rebounds from the other side. The crack is audible and makes the audience 'oooh'. DeSean doesn't let up, and delivers a few hard shots to the head and chest before picking Loop up by his hair.

Cain: DeSean certainly isn't known for his gentleness.

Banter: This is awesome. It's like he's fighting a punching bag.

DeSean lifts Loop into position for a vertical suplex, despite his attempts to fight it. He forces him down to the mat with a crash. Maintaining the hold, he rolls over, and stands up, doing it once more, before a sudden pin attempt.

One...

Two...

T-kickout!

DeSean grabs him in a tight side headlock, and wrenches on the pressure, forcing him to stay grounded. He stays like this for a moment, before releasing. Delivering a punch for good measure, he stands up, and aims an elbow drop at Loop's chest.

He misses! Loop rolls out of the way in time. With an apparant burst of adrenaline, he rebounds himself off the ropes as DeSean is standing up, planting both feet into his face in a dropkick. He scrambles over for a cover, hooking the leg...

One...

Two...Kickout!

Loop mounts DeSean and performs a hasty flurry of punches, trying to keep him down. The referee orders a break, and Loop unmounts him cleanly.

Banter: C'mon, kid, you've got a five count to play with there!

Tex: Nothing wrong with fighting within the rules.

Cain: Arguably, DeSean may not give him the same courtesy.

Loop jumps up and runs over to the turnbuckle. Climbing nimbly, he mounts the top, and waits for the right moment...before coming off with a sudden missle dropkick!

DeSean skirts out of the way, causing Loop to crash and burn!

Cain: He missed!

Banter: How's that lack of depth perception going for you?

DeSean runs into the ropes, and rebounds, jumping as high as he can and driving a big elbow straight into Loop's chest! A cover...

One...

Two...

Thr-Kickout!

Cain: An elbow drop like that does more damage than you might think. It takes the wind out of you, could crack your ribs...Loop doesn't seem to be a pushover, but he's got to mount an offense.

DeSean capitalizes and lands a few more blows to Loop's chest, causing him to cry out in pain. He then grinds his elbow into it, further causing pain to Loop. He grabs him by the hair to continue the punishment, but suddenly Loop counters with an inside cradle!

One...

Two...

Thre-Kickout!

Tex: Whoa! How close was that?

DeSean pounds the mat in anger at almost being caught like that. As Loop begins to stand, he swiftly kicks him in the stomach before putting him in a powerbomb position. He lifts him up...

Cain: DeSean is pissed and it shows...he's going to try and finish him off!

Tex: Hangman's DDT coming!

Loop tries to deliver a few punches, trying to break free. DeSean spins him around, and attempts to hang him upside down in position. Instead, Loop rolls over him, behind him, pulling him down in a sunset flip-

One...

Two...

Three!!!

DeSean kicks out a split second too late!

Tex: I don't believe it!

Cain: DeSean got caught by surprise!

Banter: You've got to be kidding me!

Tex: This could be the biggest win of this young man's career!

Loop dives out of the ring like he stole something and hares up the ramp, hands on his head in something like disbelief.

Cain: He could very well top this, if he can make it to the finals...

Banter: IF. He just got lucky.

DeSean is still in the ring, arms held out, appealing to the referee and the fans.

Tex: We'll have to see. And remember, Deng has promised that the most impressive loser will also advance in this tournament – DeSean may have the chance to avenge this loss. In any event, there will be more TCW action to come, right after these messages!

DeSean shakes his head in disgust and then points down at Loop on the ramp, mouthing off a few warning words at him.

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:02 pm
Commissioner

Sammy: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is a tournament qualifying match!

An explosion sounds above the entrance ramp, sending golden pyro raining down.

Freya walks down the ramp, signalling to her fans with points and grins. As she comes out however, she's urged over by Deng's assistant...

Cain: Freya's held that Bleeder Title for so long...

Tex: Is her reign really going to just end like this?

Banter: Hey, I'll take it.

Tex: Off all the titles contested in TCW, the Bleeder Championship is perhaps second only to the Unified World Championship. Just consider the icons that have held it in the past – Baroness, Johnny Blaine, Coren, Tweeder, Titanium Insomniac, Kermit... This is a sad moment for TCW, but hopefully the start of a new beginning.

Banter: Hey, watch your mouth, Tex! Remember what he said, you don't like it, you can go back to America and get arrested!

She lifts the Bleeder title in the air, showing it off to the crowd one last time, before shoving it in the assistant's hands, firmly. She appears to say a few words before continuing down the ramp.

Tex: In many ways this is the end of an era on TCW...however, Freya has a chance to replace that belt with something even greater, if she can win tonight.

Sammy: On her way to the ring...from Oxford, United Kingdom...weighing in at 143 lbs...FREEEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Freya hops up into the ring and climbs the turnbuckle and raises an arm, smiling at her many fans.

"Prey" by Seraphim Shock plays and Spike walks out. He enters the ring as his name is announced, climbing into the ring briskly with a sense of purpose on his face.

Sammy: And in the ring, weighing in at 229 lbs...SPIIIIIIIIIIIKE!

Tex: Here's a wrestler we haven't seen in a long time, a former member of a short-lived tag team known as The Hellions.

Cain: Why he's returned now I don't know, but he, like Freya, has a chance to make history.

He paces in the ring impatiently, awaiting the sound of the bell to start the match.

The moment the bell does ring, he charges Freya, coming at her with a flurry of aggressive punches. She seems to be taken off guard and backed into the ropes, but slips out of the way. As he follows, he gets caught with a right hand from Freya. They exchange blows in the middle of the ring, erupting in a slugfest.

Finally, it is Spike that catches her off guard, sending her reeling. He delivers a quick dropkick that sends her into the turnbuckle. He charges and smashes her with a clothesline, before Irish whipping her into the opposite turnbuckle and repeating it, a pained expression clearly on Freya's face.

Tex: An aggressive start by Spike!

He punches her in the corner repeatedly before the referee orders a break, and counts...

One!

Two!

Three!

Four!

He pulls away just in time, before running right back in to continue. Freya boots him in the face, however, spinning him around. She jumps on the turnbuckle and comes off with a powerful bulldog/facecrusher move, driving him face first into the canvas, before a quick cover...

One...

Two-kickout!

She pulls him up, delivering a few punches before Irish Whipping him into the corner. She stood at the other end, before running at him, flipping multiple times with a handspring manuever that ultimately ended in a high velocity corner splash, Freya smashing powerfully into him!

He sinks into the corner, while she backs up again, and delivers a running dropkick to his face. She pulls him by the leg out of the corner and covers...

One...

Two...

Thr-kickout!

Tex: Freya's taking the fight right back to him! She isn't fooling around!

Cain: With a title on the line in this tournament, there's no fooling around! She's trying to put this one away early.

She climbs the turnbuckle once again, standing on the top rope, and flies right off with a moonsault...but succeeds in smashing her stomach right on Spike's knees, painfully...

Cain: Oooh...perhaps she's too overzealous. That one could be a momentum changer in this match.

She flops over onto the mat, clutching her injured stomach. Spike pulls himself up on the ropes, before falling down onto her with a sloppy yet effective elbow drop. He covers...

One...

Two...

Th-Kickout!

He shovers her back down for a second cover...

One...

Two...

T-Kickout!

Once more...

One...

Two...

T-Kickout!

Tex: Spike doesn't have a hope of picking up a three count that way...

Cain: No, but the repeated covers make Freya expend energy each time, and more importantly, keep her grounded.

He doesn't cover her again, but instead grabs her in a side headlock and wrenches it on painfully, an expression of pain on Freya's face. He keeps her like this for a while, squeezing her hard, with teeth gritted. Eventually, he lets up...only to start putting the boots to her on the ground. He stomps repeatedly, before doing a small leg drop over her chest.

Then he drags her by the head over to the ropes, pressing her neck into the bottom rope, and using his foot to choke her against it. The referee starts a five count...

One!

Two!

Three!

F-Spike lets go.

Banter: I already like Spike.

Cain: He's barely fighting within the rules, but he seems to be controlling the pace of this match.

He punches her in the back of the head a few times before dragging her away from the ropes, and again applying a headlock on the ground.

Banter: She's gonna tap!

Tex: Freya is no quitter, but her body might if he keeps chipping away at it...

He stands her up slowly, and lifts her up with a suplex, hanging her overhead...

She reverses it, dropping behind him and dropkicking him! He hangs up on the bottom rope, as the crowd starts to cheer...

Tex: This could be the OX4!

She howls to the crowd, before bouncing off the other rope, and running, before connecting with the OX4 cleanly! Spike is knocked dizzy in the ring, and Freya climbs the turnbuckle, flying off with an asai moonsault...

Tex: And now it's the Full Moon DDT-

Spike half-ducks out of the way, collapsing on the mat as she crashes and burns, missing her finisher. The crowd noise dies into a nervous silence...

Cain: That might have been it right there, but Spike saved himself from defeat.

Both competitors struggle to stand in the ring, and begin to trade punches slowly, the crowd chanting Freya's name...

Spike smashes her with a clothesline that knocks her flat on her back, and rushes to climb the turnbuckle, barely able to stand. He stands on the top, and then comes off with a double stomp!

Tex: The Doctor Stomp! It's over!

...a MISS! Freya rolls out of the way and then, as Spike spins around, disorientated, she jumps up and yanks him down into a brutal Lungblower!

Cain: Ouch! That will be all right there!

One...

Two...

Three!!!!

Cain: Freya with a decisive victory!

Tex: This certainly has to take the edge off of having to relinquish her Bleeder championship...now she's a step closer to becoming our first TCW World Heavyweight Champion!

Freya climbs the turnbuckle and celebrates, Spike rolls out of the ring, but keeps his eyes on Freya. A slight grin plays around his craggy features.

Banter: What's his deal?

Cain: I have no idea. He came up short here, but he doesn't seem too concerned. I have a horrible feeling that this gentleman may just be getting started again here in TCW and, hey, he may have the chance to advance anyway if Deng thinks his effort was impressive enough.

Tex: What a night it has been so far, and we're still not done!

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:03 pm
Commissioner

Sammy Eubanks: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is a TCW Heavyweight Championship qualifying match!

Sammy: Introducing first...from Tokyo, Japan...weighing in at 144 lbs...IZUUUUUUUUUUMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The arena goes dark as the opening parts of Miseria Cantare play. A single spotlight shines onto the entry way, fading on and off. The music kicks into it's main drum beat just before the lyrics begin. Izumi appears on the stage to a crowd pop in the slowly strobing spotlight as a brief pyro explodes, showering her visage in sparks.

Cain: What an incredible opportunity for this young woman who recently lost both her belts in a strange twist of fate in FWRFed.

Banter: How come they can have people defend our belts at their shows?

Tex: Ironically, Izumi losing the Aftershock Title is what's saved it tonight though – the Aftershock Title is now the only old TCW belt still in circulation. For now, anyway.

She walks slowly to the ring, the spotlight following her, still casting it's powerful strobing glow upon her. She stops at the ring apron, and as the music reaches it's peak, she leaps into the ring, the lights coming on full at last. She circles the ring and shouts stuff to the crowd, pumping them and herself up, before finally climbing into the ring.

As "Fear of the Dark" plays, the view cuts to a shot of Darkness's locker room door. It opens, and Darkness steps from the shadows, his two title belts held in his hands. As his fans chant along to the music, Darkness walks through the corridors of the arena before reaching the gorilla position.

Tex: And now...perhaps the most important moment of this evening...

The pyro goes off, but Darkness walks out slowly. He waits for the flames to die down and then takes a long look out at the fans.

Cain: Two years. Two years as the 411fed and ECF Unified World's Heavyweight Champion. Tonight, it comes to an end. He will not relinquish them in a match – instead, he must hand them over passively.

Tex: He will end his reign undefeated.

Banter: Do you really think he'll give those things up?

Darkness steps across the stage towards the strongboxes where Deng's assistant is standing, waiting. Darkness lifts his belts and looks at them as the assistant opens up the two remaining empty boxes.

Cain: Just think of all the legendary names that have held those titles. Nemesis, Demolition Man, Mansion Fan, Plausible Deniability, Lance Evans, Big Bamlicious, Titanium Insomniac, Shane Mathis, Bruce 666, Rachel Hunter, Acid Misfit, Dante...

Tex: And so many more besides. Between them, they have sixteen years of history. This is truly the end of an era.

Darkness stands for a long moment, staring into the empty boxes. There are duelling "411-FED" and "ECF" chants amongst the Chinese crowd, respecting the history of the two feds despite the cultural and geographic gulf.

Cain: We have watched these titles being contested for almost a decade. I think I speak for everyone in the booth with me when I say that this is an emotional moment.

Banter: Yep.

Darkness turns suddenly and walks towards the edge of the stage. He pauses again, looking out over the crowd and then, with a roar echoed by twenty-thousand other voices, he throws up his arms, lifting the belts into the air.

Cain: This is the moment! The moment we will all remember as the new era of TCW begins. Darkness has held those belts longer than anyone else but, for this moment, he symbolises every person who has worn them down the years. He represents all those hard-fought matches, all that blood, sweat and tears shed to gain or retain them – he has become synonymous with the Unified World Championships, the most prestigious titles in professional wrestling and tonight...tonight...they will be retired.

Tex: But TCW will continue. It will go on to bigger and better things. After two years, I think we can all agree that it's time to move on. Whatever happens, the man who made those belts his own will be taking part in this tournament, and we are guaranteed a sense of continuity thanks to that. I have to believe that there are few who can oppose him in this situation, but anything can happen, and that is the beauty of this situation. I'm sad to see these belts go but I can't wait to see the new possibilities that will open up because of it.

The crowd still roaring in his ears, Darkness turns back to the boxes. Slowly, he places the 411fed title in one box, then the ECF title in the other and steps away, allowing the assistant to finally, firmly, shut them.

Sammy: And her opponent...from Chicago, Illinois...weighing in at 218 lbs...DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banter: That's the shortest introduction he's had in two years...

Cain: It certainly is. This is almost surreal.

Darkness walks down the ramp and then rolls into the ring. Izumi watches him carefully from her corner as he gives her a sidelong glance and then climbs the opposite turnbuckle. The fans pop again, but his music and their adulation are cut short as Izumi attacks from behind, dragging him down from the ropes and then beating him down in the corner.

Tex: It looks like Izumi is starting this one right away!

Cain: She certainly is. These two have had their problems in the past – I believe this is their second meeting.

Tex: Izumi came up short last time, but the slate has now been wiped clean. This is her opportunity to prove herself.

Izumi flails at Darkness with punches and chops and he raises his hands to defend himself. The referee moves in as the bell rings and has to physically drag Izumi away. She steps back, but then Darkness surges out of the corner and brings her down with a spear. He pounds on her with right hands and then hauls her to her feet. He whips her off the ropes and then goes right for the superkick, but Izumi drops to the mat and rolls out of the way.

Banter: Ha, no one falls for that any more!

Cain: Izumi has shown a great propensity to learn from her mistakes – looks like she's learning from other people's now too.

They begin to circle one another. Eventually they lock up, and Darkness quickly takes control with a headlock. He takes Izumi down to the mat, but she wraps her legs around his head and rolls him over onto his shoulders...

One...

Darkness kicks out right away and jumps up to his feet, but Izumi hits an armdrag. She holds on, twisting into an hammerlock, but Darkness is up to one knee and reverses into a hammerlock of his own. He pushes Izumi down onto the mat, only for her to twist her way out and then kip up. She looks for an enziguri, but Darkness ducks and then sweeps her leg out from under her with a back kick of his own. He puts her in a chinlock, but Izumi grabs his arm and reverses out. She spins over, twisting his shoulder painfully out of its socket and then goes back to the hammerlock, this time on the mat.

Tex: Izumi seems to be concentrating on that left arm. One would surmise that this is Darkness's weakest arm, since he has no hand there.

Banter: No, just a robot hand...

Cain: Well, that may give him certain...advantages...but it lacks dexterity. He's going to have problems trading holds if she keeps the focus on that arm.

Darkness winces in the hold, but then pitches forward and grabs Izumi in a headscissor. He twists his body, sending Izumi spinning away and then scrambles to his feet. Izumi is up to and she charges. Darkness takes her over with a hiptoss, but Izumi lands on her feet and responds with an armdrag. She keeps the hold on, but Darkness is right next to the ropes and forces the break.

Darkness shakes out his arm as Izumi backs away with a small look of triumph. Darkness narrows his eyes and advances on her. They lock up, and Izumi goes behind with a waistlock. She tries to get Darkness up, but he plants his feet and spins around. He grabs her around the waist and flips her up onto his shoulders, but she reverses into a hurracanrana. She jumps right up and heads over to the corner. Darkness stands and Izumi jumps off backwards, turning in midair into a crossbody. She connects and they go down, but Izumi holds on...

One...

Darkness rolls through, turning it into a pin of his own...

One...

Two...

And Izumi kicks out!

Tex: Nearly had her!

Cain: Darkness is an experienced veteran with a wealth of victories under his belt. I know we don't have to remind anyone that he has one of the most impressive win/loss records in TCW, and a lot of those wins have come as a result of his intelligence.

Tex: But an equal amount have come from his tenacity. Izumi really has her work cut out for her here.

Darkness hauls Izumi up and lifts her into a suplex, but she wriggles free and lands on her feet. Izumi tries the waistlock again, only for Darkness to this time respond by simply back elbowing her in the face as hard as possible. Izumi flies back into the ropes as Darknes spins on his heel and catches her with a high roundhouse. The momentum sends Izumi flying over the top rope and to the outside.

Banter: Why do people cheer for this guy again?

Cain: They don't all cheer for him. Izumi is getting some chants here tonight.

Tex: A lot of people can feel the change in the air, I think. This is the new era of TCW, where anything can happen. We've already seen one big upset tonight – could there be another?

Darkness's expression doesn't change as he steps back into the centre of the ring. Izumi picks herself up on the outside and glowers at him. She dives back in under the ropes and then offers another lock up. Darkness consents, but then kicks her in the gut and hammers her with an elbow to the back of the neck. Izumi goes down to one knee and Darkness knees her in the face. She goes down and Darkness grabs her legs, quickly locking in the Darkshooter!

Cain: Oh! Darkness with his signature hold early!

Tex: Perhaps too early, but this could be all anyway!

Izumi howls in pain as he leans back, but she's close to the ropes. She drags herself towards the edge of the ring and then grabs the bottom rope. Darkness gives it 'till the count of three then releases.

Izumi pulls herself up with the help of the ropes, but Darkness is on her already, laying in forearms to the small of the back. The referee warns him, but he just yanks her by the back of the pants towards him and then catches her in a belly-to-back suplex. He holds on with the bridge...

One...

Two...not enough!

Izumi gets up quickly, but can't conceal the growing pain in the small of her back. She turns, and Darkness crashes into her with a huge clothesline. He looks down at her on the mat and then drops a knee. He goes for another cover...

One...

Kickout!

Darkness drags Izumi to her feet and then whips her into the corner. She bounces out, holding her back and Darkness flies at her with another superkick! Izumi dodges again, throwing herself clear. Darkness stumbles into the corner and Izumi recovers fast, jumping up onto his back and locking in a sleeper hold. Darkness staggers under her weight and tries to throw her free, but she has a tight grip. Finally, he throws himself backwards, aiming to sandwich her between his body and the turnbuckle, but Izumi sees it coming and jumps free, alighting on the top rope with only a slight stumble. Darkness spins around and Izumi jumps at him, catching him in a flying hurracanrana.

Tex: Great agility and ring presence from Izumi. She's certainly impressing me so far in this match.

Banter: Think she has what it takes to become the Heavyweight Champion?

Tex: I firmly believe that she has all the tools at her disposal, yes. The question is whether she can capitalise on them.

Izumi claps her hands, playing off the crowds' reactions. Darkness is up on one knee and she runs towards him and then hits him with the Izumiguri. Darkness drops to the mat and Izumi goes right for the cover...

One...

Two...shoulder up!

Izumi starts to gain momentum now. She runs the ropes and comes back with a rolling senton on Darkness. She grabs his arm and twists it into a hammerlock. Darkness grits his teeth and tries to reverse out, but Izumi has a firm grip. He pushes himself up to his feet and grabs her head with his free hand and then flips her over into a snapmare, ripping himself free of the hold. Izumi lands hard and Darkness is on her quickly, wrapping his legs around her waist.

Cain: Darkness with a bodyscissor. He's working that lower back region, and that may come into play if he tries the Darkshooter again.

Tex: We know all too well how cold and clinical Darkness can be in the ring. He can focus on an area and pick it apart like a surgeon.

Banter: Or a butcher.

Izumi tries to free herself, but now Darkness is trying for a cobra clutch. Izumi thrashes around, refusing to let him lock it in, so he hammers at the back of her head with elbows and then grabs a full nelson. Izumi starts thrashing again, and then Darkness stands up and, in one smooth movement, flexes backwards, spinning Izumi over onto her front.

Cain: Release dragon suplex! I've never seen that from Darkness before!

Banter: Fancy!

Darkness sits up and then turns, surveying the damage. Izumi has rolled onto her back, her eyes screwed shut in pain. Darkness stands and then looms over her. She rolls onto her stomach and picks herself up, and now Darkness grabs a handful of her hair. He drags her up, knees her in the gut and then spins her over into a backbreaker. He drops into a quick pin...

One...

Two...

Thr...not enough!

Darkness stomps Izumi down and then lifts her by both arms. He executes a smooth butterfly suplex and then sits her up as she lands. He goes back to the bodyscissor and this time succeeds in locking in the cobra clutch.

Cain: Now Darkness goes for the Nightchoker – again, he's putting pressure on Izumi's back.

Tex: A sound strategy, and Izumi is going to need to pick up some momentum if she wants to stake her claim to the Heavyweight Championship.

Darkness drops to the mat so Izumi is unable to find the leverage to escape. He twists his hips so her spine is subjected to intense torsion and tightens his grip on her neck. Izumi doesn't stop struggling, but her efforts to free herself have begun to grow increasingly feeble. The referee steps in to check on her and lifts her free arm.

It falls once...

Twice...

Thr...no!

Cain: She's still in this!

Darkness lets out a roar and tightens his hold, but Izumi has her fist clenched. She starts hammering at him and then tugging at a handful of his lank hair. Darkness tries to wrench his head away, and the referee warns Izumi off, but then she jabs a thumb in Darkness's eye. He releases the cobra clutch as he recoils instinctively and Izumi is able to shift her weight so that Darkness is rolled over onto his shoulders...

One...

Two...

Thre...no! Darkness kicks out just in time!

Tex: So close!

Banter: I thought that was it for sure!

Tex: She came close last time these two met – could luck be on her side this time?

Banter: Luck is right, but it takes more than that to win a match. She needs to pull out all the stops.

Cain: She does indeed.

Izumi pulls herself free and stands up slowly. She rests against the ropes and Darkness gets up too. Izumi seems to sense him approaching and she whirls around, aiming a right hand at him. Darkness blocks it and responds with a right of his own that knocks her back against the ropes. He hauls her up into a vertical suplex, but she floats free and lands awkwardly behind. Darkness turns and Izumi lunges forward, two fingers outstretched. She plants them against Darkness's chest and then stumbles back, another look of triumph on her face.

Cain: The Shinfuzen! That is a deadly nerve strike!

Tex: Darkness could be paralysed by that...

Darkness glances down at the small white pressure marks on his chest and then back up at Izumi. He smiles. Her eyes go wide.

Banter: Or not.

Darkness charges, flattening Izumi with a clothesline. He reaches down and grabs her by the throat with his prosthetic hand. He lifts her up off the mat and then into the air, but she twists around and locks her legs around his head, pulling him down to the mat.

Cain: But Izumi may have the last laugh! She has that triangle choke locked in! The Sankaku-Jime!

Izumi pulls back and Darkness kicks and thrashes in the hold. She twists at his wrist and arches her back – with no small amount of wincing on her part. Darkness rolls across the mat, pulling Izumi with him and is able to secure a grip on the bottom rope with his feet. The referee calls for the break, but Izumi waits for the count of four.

She rolls free and up to her feet. Although looking battered, she takes a moment to give Darkness a significant look and hold up her thumb and forefinger a small distance apart.

Tex: That close – she was that close. What an upset this could be, and what a new landscape we would be looking at in TCW if she won.

Banter: It would be crazy!

Cain: Crazy, but not improbable.

Darkness grits his teeth and pulls himself up using the ropes. Izumi advances cautiously and goes for a lock up. This time, it's her who breaks it with a quick knee to the midsection. She hops over into a sunset flip, but flexes upwards and turns on her heel, executing a quick back kick to Darkness's head. Darkness goes down to the mat, holding his head and Izumi jumps over the ropes. Darkness is up slowly and, as he turns, Izumi springboards off the top rope looking for a flying clothesline!

Cain: Big move!

But Darkness catches her around the throat in midair! Izumi cries out as Darkness spins and lifts her high into the air and then brings her crashing down with a thunderous Slayer Slam!

Tex: And a big move to counter it! This could be a turning point!

Immediately, Darkness grabs Izumi's legs and crosses them across his knee, then turns her over into the Darkshooter.

Banter: Uh oh!

Cain: Darkness with the Darkshooter again – this could be over very quickly indeed!

Izumi claws at the mat desperately. She tries to fight her way to the ropes, but they're a long way away. She pushes herself up onto her hands, trying to reduce the pressure on her back, but Darkness squats deeper, forcing her to arch her back even more.

Izumi slumps down against the mat and paws feebly at the canvas. Darkness pulls back again, and Izumi resumes her fight towards the ropes. She is making progress now, despite Darkness's strength, and she inches slowly towards the edge of the ring. Darkness tries to put on the brakes, but Izumi's progress has become inexorable and she makes one final lunge to grab hold of the bottom rope.

Tex: She did it! She broke the hold!

Cain: But how much longer can she go on after this? The damage has been done.

The referee starts counting and Darkness eyes him coldly. He waits until four, and finally lets go. Izumi slumps down again, exhausted, as Darkness drops to his knees and crawls away. Izumi stays in the ropes for a long time, clinging to the bottom one as if for dear life.

Darkness is up first, catching his breath with his hands on his hips. Izumi is up much more slowly, and stays close to the ropes. Darkness heads towards her, but she punches him in the gut, then knocks him back with a forearm to the face. She flies at him with a spinning elbow, but her shattered state makes it difficult to get much rotation or velocity. Nonetheless, Darkness is knocked off his feet.

Izumi stands and runs a thumb across her throat. She moves with unsteady steps, a hand occasionally straying to the small of her back. She stands over Darkness for a moment, and then grabs his arm. She steps over and drops down into the triangle choke.

Cain: Izumi with the Sankaku-Jime again! She's been working that arm all match, and it may be about to pay off!

Tex: These two have gone back and forth, trading holds, and now we may be seeing something huge here. Can Izumi force Darkness to tap out for the first time in his career?

Banter: First time? Really?

Tex: Yep.

Darkness lets out a yell and tries to fight his way free. Izumi reaches back, trying to hyperextend his shoulder. Darkness rolls back onto his shoulders and then kips up. Thus bridged, he turns with Izumi still attached and tries to lift her up into the air.

Cain: Darkness is doing all he can to escape this hole, but how much can he possibly have left in the tank?

Tex: I've found it wise to never underestimate Darkness's resolve and tenacity. He has many hidden reserves of strength and will.

Izumi is lifted up a couple of feet, but Darkness doesn't have the strength to get her up any higher. With a look of increasing determination, she cinches in the hold. Darkness tries to lift her again, then drops her back down. She doesn't shift. He plants his feet and then, steeling himself, lifts Izumi right up with a bestial roar. He spins and drops her hard down to the mat, but she doesn't let go.

Darkness is breathing hard. Izumi shakes her head. He plants his feet once more and, with a mighty bellow, throws his whole body upwards, dragging Izumi with him him into the air, and then drops her crashing down to the canvas. This finally jolts her free and she instinctively places a hand against her injured back. Darkness stands over her and hen grabs her legs. She tries to fight, but there's no strength left in her back and Darkness crosses her legs over his knee and turns her over into the Darkshooter.

Banter: Again?!

Cain: The Darkshooter again, yes! Can Izumi find a way out this time?

Izumi pushes herself up again, trying to resist, but Darkness has her in the middle of the ring and the hold is locked tight. She keeps fighting towards the ropes, but she's nowhere near. She reaches out, to no avail. Darkness crouches down low. Izumi tries to straighten out her back, but there's nothing she can do to fight the pain that's pulsing down her spine.

Tex: Izumi is in serious trouble now – her lower back has been taking a severe pounding throughout this contest and it may all be about to pay off right now.

Darkness reaches back, his teeth bared, and Izumi slumps down. She digs her fingernails into the mat, but she has nowhere to go and no way out. She tries grabbing Darkness's ankle, but can find no purchase. Finally, she makes one last, valiant effort to reach the ropes, but there's no give in Darkness's grip. With no other recourse, she lifts her hand into the air...

Cain: Izumi is about to break here!

Banter: If she doesn't quit now, she's going to get seriously injured.

Darkness lets out a roar and Izumi's hand trembles...

Tex: Can she hold on?!

...and then hits the mat, pounding furiously!

Cain: Izumi taps! Izumi taps! This one is over!

Darkness releases the Darkshooter and staggers forward. Izumi rolls away and clutches at her back.

Tex: A victory for Darkness! He will advance to the semi-finals of this impromptu tournament, but Izumi very nearly has his number!

Cain: She did indeed – and remember what Deng said earlier. The most impressive loser tonight will also advance into the semi-finals. There's not a doubt in my mind that that person is Izumi, and I imagine she'll still be gunning for the new TCW Heavyweight Championship come Havoc.

Darkness holds his arm as he limps towards the corner. He climbs up slowly and stands, surveying the crowd.

Tex: Tonight, Darkness was forced to relinquish his titles, but he did not relinquish his winning ways. A new era for TCW and a new championship – are we looking at the first man to hold it already?

Banter: Freya, Loop and maybe Izumi may take issue with that...

Cain: Indeed they might. At Havoc, this tournament continues, and we have four competitors who want to become the individual that defines TCW's new era. Which of them will it be? Who will become the new face of TCW? It's a new beginning, and things are never going to be the same again.

Darkness looks out and then raises his arms slowly.

Tex: Don't miss Havoc – this man has a new quest, but I know three people who want to prevent him completing it. These are interesting times indeed. Thank you, and good night!

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]