[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Havoc in Avellaneda, Argentina (October 12 2008)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Havoc in Avellaneda, Argentina (October 12 2008) 
Commissioner

Post Havoc in Avellaneda, Argentina (October 12 2008)
[html]<center>[/html]Image

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.... Bullshit!

Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!

New, what do you own the world?

How do you own disorder, disorder,

Now, somewhere between the sacred silence,

Sacred silence and sleep,

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep,

Disorder, disorder, disorder!"

*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH!*

Image Image Image[html]</center>[/html]

Tex: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Havoc, coming to you live from Estadio Presidente Juan Domingo Peron in Avellaneda, Argentina. We are just a few short weeks away from the biggest show of the year: Endgame.

Cain: At Friction, we found out that the main event will be Indigo versus Darkness, potentially pitting our World Champion against the FWRFed World Champion. Tonight though, she has a mountain to climb as she takes on Darkness and the former World Champion, the incomparable Jason Dante.

Banter: But what are the other matches gonna be for Endgame?

Tex: We don't know yet, but I expect we'll find out over the course of the evening. What a night it's going to be here, and we kick things off with a huge - in every sense of the word - tag team match.

[html]<center>[/html]Image Image Image Image
[html]</center>[/html]

Junior Kickstart begins to play, pumping up the crowd, as Duo appear on the ramp. Elsie is jumping and ready for action. She soaks up the venom of the crowd with a contemptuous sneer. Cage follows close behind her, remaining focused. He makes no indication that he even notices the crowd. Elsie heads to the corner, climbing the turnbuckle and mouthing off at the fans, while Cage climbs into the ring, his massive form taking center-stage.

Sammy Eubanks: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall...introducing first, in the ring, weighing in at 400 lbs and representing Duo...CAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Tex: The monstrous Cage prepares to participate in legitimate competition for the first time since Road to Glory, and it will be alongside a man he has alternately avoided and attacked for some months - Pat WoW.

Banter: Well, I know I'd rather be with Cage than against him.

Cain: Personally, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near him at all.

Tex: Even without the massive Cage, young Elsie Canada is a dangerous proposition in her own right with that mysterious mental attack of hers.

P.O.D. Alive blares as Pat walks through the currents and the fans go crazy. He walks down to the ring and slaps a few hands on the way.

Sammy: And his tag team partner...from Orlando, Florida...weighing in at 235 lbs... PAAAAAAAT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!

He walks up the steps and steps through the middle rope. He climbs the turnbuckle and raises both arms as he flexes and points to the people. He then does this to the three other turnbuckle post before climbing down and waiting for his opponents.

Cain: The ever popular Pat WoW in action here. He has had his share of friction with Duo, but I bet he's glad to have him on his side against his opponents tonight.

Tex: A major team returns to the ring this evening - at Friction we saw Stephen Hawthorne somehow scaring Duo away, and now he will team up with Freya in an NHFC reunion.

Faint white figures paint my sleep
Please don't tell my secrets keep them hidden (you got it, you got it, you got it)
If the words that matter reach your face from floor
Will you be wondering if, or (do I need what is given or honest)
Does it cost me scarring if the words stay true
Even number your nephew (I don't want it, don't want it, don't want it anymore)

An explosion sounds above the entrance ramp, sending golden pyro raining down.

And when the answer that you want
Is in the question that you state
Come what may!
Come what may!

And when the answer that you want
Is in the question that you state
Come what may!
Come what may!

Sammy: And their opponents...at a combined weight of 333 lbs...the team of TCW BLEEDER CHAMPION FREEEEEYAAAAAAAA and STEEEEEEEEEEPHEEEEEEEEEN HAAAAAAAAAWTHOOOOOOOOOORNEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Freya walks down the ramp, signalling to her fans with points and grins with Hawthorne following behind. They get a huge ovation.

In a pain that buckles out your knees
Could you stop this if I plead (you got it, you got it, you got it)
So destined I am to walk among the dark
A child in keeping secrets from (will they know what I've done in the after)
In the sought for matter when the words blame you
In a blood red summer I'll give you (I don't want it, don't want it, don't want it)

Freya hops up into the ring and climbs the turnbuckle and raises an arm, smiling at her many fans. Hawthorne remains in the ring, looking over at Cage and Pat, dominating one side of the ring.

Tex: Freya and Hawthorne were a major tag team last year until Darkness injured Hawthorne in the Road to Glory. Now they reunite after Hawthorne's long recovery period from his leg injury.

Banter: But aren't Freya and Darkness...you know...?

Cain: Only in your head, Banter.

Banter: You think I fantasise about attractive women dating other guys? Why would I make that up? No, all I'm saying is that there's got to be some conflict of interest here, right? Freya's been teaming with Darkness for months, and that's the guy who put Hawthorne out. Darkness might want to get the Club back together, but I bet Hawthorne doesn't.

Cain: Well whatever situation is going on behind the scenes with these two, it is looking increasingly like a reformed NHFC might be on the cards in the near future.

Tex: And if that were to happen, I expect we'd see Duo emerge as one of their main rivals. We know all about Lance and his issues with Jason Dante - the man he blamed for the death of his wife. That's Elsie's mother we're talking about.

Banter: But does Elsie even like her dad?

Tex: I wouldn't even want to make a guess at what Thanksgiving dinner is like in the Canada household.

Banter: Well it happens a month earlier for a start.

Freya starts in the ring with Pat. They circle for a few moments until Freya charges Pat and hooks him up with a crucifix pin. Pat wobbles, trying to stay upright, and ends up dumping Freya over the ropes. She lands on the apron and Pat moves away, but Freya slingshots over and flips him over with a headscissors. Pat bounces away and Freya is up again with a low dropkick that sends Pat into the ropes. He scrabbles away and drops out to the floor.

Tex: Freya is on fire already!

Banter: Is that what that smell is?

Pat recovers outside the ring as Freya plays to the crowd, but as she stands near the ropes Elsie makes a grab for her foot. Freya kicks her away, sending her sprawling back into the barriers, causing Cage to storm into the ring. Freya backs away, but now Pat is back inside and he rolls Freya up from behind...

One...

Tw...kickout!

Cage is forced back to his corner as Freya gets up. Pat knocks her back into the ropes with a European uppercut and then whips her across the ring. She ducks his clothesline on the way back and then bounces off the middle rope, arcing backwards with an asai moonsault. Pat catches her though, stumbling for a moment, then drops Freya down into an inverted DDT.

Cain: Big move from Pat WoW! He may have grounded Freya!

Pat pins...

One...

Two...not enough!

Pat whips Freya into his corner and then tags in Cage. The monster steps over the ropes and grabs hold of Freya, lifting her effortlessly with a high-angle hiptoss and dropping her hard to the mat.

Tex: Even a simple move like that is devastating in the hands of Cage. Freya is at a truly immense size disadvantage here.

Cain: Hawthorne isn't going to fare much better either, I don't think. He's firmly in the cruiserweight category.

Freya throws herself towards Hawthorne's outstretched hand and makes the tag. Cage roars his defiance as Hawthorne edges towards him, fists raised.

Tex: Hawthorne holds a pinfall victory over Cage from a couple of years ago, but he had to use a lot of ingenuity and most of his offence took place outside the ring before the match got started.

Banter: Good luck using those tactics again, Hawthorne!

Hawthorne squares up to Cage, looking tiny next to him, and throws a punch. He connects with the giant's abdomen, but he doesn't even feel it and hammers Hawthorne across the back with an overhand smash. Hawthorne hits the canvas and Cage picks him up by the back of the tights before throwing him against the turnbuckle. Hawthorne sinks down, the wind taken out of him, as Cage steps back and then charges in at full speed.

Tex: It's like a freight train headed right for you!

Hawthorne throws himself clear though, and Cage barrels into the turnbuckle. He staggers back and Hawthorne jumps up onto his back. He grabs him around the neck and leans down, hammering at his massive grey chest with one arm. Cage thrashes around, trying to dislodge Hawthorne and finally hits on the idea of throwing himself into the turnbuckle.

Tex: Oh!

Cain: Hawthorne was sandwiched between that wall of flesh and the corner!

Hawthorne sinks down to the mat and Cage drags him into the centre of the ring to make the pin...

One...

Two...

Thr...no! Hawthorne kicks out!

Cage hauls Hawthorne up and throws him at the other corner, but this time Hawthorne comes to his senses in time and jumps up, getting a foothold on the second turnbuckle. He propels himself up to the top and then turns, jumping off with a diving headbutt that smashes into Cage as he approaches.

Tex: Hawthorne with an amazing counter! Cage is staggered!

The impact has indeed made Cage groggy. He shakes his enormous head, trying to clear the fuzz from his brain, but Hawthorne hits a dropkick to the knee and he stumbles. Hawthorne presses his advantage with a dropkick that knocks Cage back into the ropes then goes for an Irish whip. Cage reverses and lifts Hawthorne high into the air with a back body drop as he flies back towards him.

Cain: Hawthorne over to the outside!

Banter: Goodnight!

But Hawthorne catches the ropes and manages to land on the apron. Cage turns as Hawthorne springboards off with a spinning elbow that collides with Cage's temple. He goes down and Hawthorne scrambles on top with the cover...

One...

Tw...Cage kicks out with authority!

Hawthorne picks himself up as Cage rises slowly, then gets a baseball slide. Cage is sent rolling towards the ropes and the crowd cheer for Hawthorne. He celebrates, but suddenly Elsie is on the apron. She lunges at Hawthorne, grabbing his head in her hands.

Tex: Oh no! We've seen this before!

Hawthorne tries to fight free, but this need is alleviated as Freya grabs Elsie by the legs and yanks her off the apron. Her jaw bounces off the side of the ring and she falls to the ground unconscious. Cage sees Elsie's predicament and heads to her rescue but, realising where he is, quickly reaches over and slaps Pat on the back. The impact nearly knocks him off the apron. The referee signals that the tag is made.

Cain: Cage just tagged Pat in!

Banter: Uh oh.

Cage climbs out of the ring and scoops up Elsie. Without a backward glance he heads up the ramp.

Tex: Cage's first loyalty is still to Elsie it seems - her injury has effectively taken him out of this match.

Pat looks dismayed, but Hawthorne is still reeling from Elsie's attack, so he takes the opportunity and dives into the ring, rolling Hawthorne up for the pin...

One...

Two...

Thr...kickout!

Cain: Hawthorne barely survives!

Pat picks Hawthorne up, but he grabs him and hits an inverted atomic drop. Pat staggers away as Hawthorne drops to his knees.

Tex: Hawthorne with that big counter, and Pat's in trouble.

Hawthorne lunges at Freya and makes the tag just as Pat stumbles over and gets hung up on the second rope.

Banter: How predictable!

Freya jumps into the ring and signals with the wolf's howl for the OX4. The crowd are on their feet as she hits off the opposite ropes and then flips between the top and second ones to smash Pat in the face with the OX4. He bounces back and lands in the middle of the ring. Freya finds her feet and raises a hand, preparing to finish this off.

Tex: Cage is nowhere to be seen and Pat is in serious trouble. Freya is about to make a serious statement here.

Pat rises slowly and Freya charges, jumping up from behind and yanking him down into a brutal Lung Blower! She pins...

One...

Two...

Three!!!

Cain: Freya picks up the win! What a return match for this team!

Pat rolls out of the ring as Freya and Hawthorne have their arms raised by the referee.

Tex: The juggernaut that is Freya Green continues on its course. Another huge win, but who will her opponent be at Endgame?

Banter: Yeah, seems like she's held that dirty belt since forever.

Cain: She won it last year at Endgame, and no one has even come close to endangering her hold on it. We'll have to wait and see what the future holds for her and the Bleeder Title, as well as Hawthorne, who doesn't have a match yet either.

The fans continue to cheer as Freya and Hawthorne celebrate in the ring.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:44 am
Commissioner

High up in the skybox, Stern taps her fingers on her desk, considering the words of the other occupant of the room.

"You certainly make a persuasive case, James..."

The camera pulls back and standing opposite her is none other than 411fed and ECF legend and current liaison between TCW and FWRFed, the Acid Jackrabbit. The crowd erupts at the sight of him.

Cain: It's Jackrabbit! He's appeared in FWRFed again recently, but what does he want here?

Banter: Well he is the liaison between the two feds, right?

"So you'll put him in the Aftershock Title match at Endgame?"

Stern leans back in her chair. "The problem is, as marketable and as talented as Mr. Laughlin is, is putting him in the Aftershock Title match really an...'Endgame Moment'?"

Tex: Laughlin? Laughlin's gonna be at Endgame?!

"The kid's gonna be the next Revolution Champion. I'm telling you, Val - you're already looking at one possible unification match on the card. Why not make it two?"

"Well, that's the problem. Tommy Laughlin isn't the Revolution Champion yet, is he?"

"No," Jackrabbit concedes, "but he will be by Endgame, I promise you."

"You can't promise that, James. But I'll do you a deal: get me the Revolution Champion, whomever that may be, and you've got yourself your match."

Jackrabbit grins. "Deal!"

"But wait...that's not the deal. Not all of it anyway. See, if you want me to do you this favour, you have to do me a favour too."

"Favour?"

"Right. So think hard when I give you this condition." She beckons Jackrabbit closer and the camera fades.

Banter: Aw, I wanted to know what the favour was! I thought they were gonna get it on!

Tex: I suppose we'll find out what Jackrabbit will have to do to secure another interpromotional match at Endgame later tonight. Now it's time for our next match, and I'm sure Jackrabbit will be watching, as it features both his son and the Aftershock Champion!

<center>Image Image Image Image
</center>

Sammy Eubanks: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall...introducing first...

The lights dim as Rinne begins, the arena going dark... and when the lyrics begin, she comes out in a white spotlight, flashing a peace sign to the crowd.

Sammy: From Kyoto, Japan...IIIIZUUUUUUUMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!

Tex: Izumi was involved in a situation with all of the other participants in this match at Friction. I think it's fair to say that she's something of a unknown element tonight.

Cain: Yes, indeed. Izumi is a newcomer to in-ring competition in TCW, and we've yet to see what she's really capable of.

She slides into the ring and begins to work the crowd, climbing the turnbuckles and waving.

Sammy: And her tag team partner...from London, England...weighing in at 235 lbs...TWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED BROOOOOOOOOOWN!!!!!!

The arena goes black. "Stronger" by Kanye West starts to play and the Twistedtron displays the letters ‘ECF'. Lights flash and the prodigal son, the one and only Leroy ‘Twisted' Brown, saunters out onto the stage.

Tex: We just saw Acid Jackrabbit, Twisted's very own father, backstage with Commissioner Stern. I wonder what this ECF legend is thinking as he heads out to the ring.

Banter: ‘Why the hell is dad here and what the hell does he want?'

Cain: I don't think Leroy is the kind of guy to use a mild expletive like ‘hell'.

Banter: Well I cleaned it up for broadcast.

Twisted climbs into the ring and takes up position next to Izumi. They don't really acknowledge one another, just standing and waiting for their opponents.

Sammy: And their opponents...first...

The arena lights turn black and blue, the Twistedtron shows a limo driving through the streets, it stops in front of the arena and the door opens and out steps DeSean decked out in his trademark wrestling gear. After a 2 seconds of silence the beginning drums of Oasis Supersonic begins to play, DeSean walks through the curtain head down, with his hoodie covering his face.

Sammy: From Greensboro, North Carolina...weighing in at 221 lbs...he is the TCW AFTERSHOCK CHAMPION.... ‘THE TECHNICIAN' DESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAN BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL!!!!!!!

I need to be myself

DeSean flips the hood back and outstretches his arms.

Cain: Last week at Friction, DeSean wrestled the match of his life against the World Champion and he came within a hair of beating him.

Tex: It was nearly a huge upset. I believe DeSean Blackwell has finally started to realise his potential here in TCW. He might well be on the verge of becoming a major main event star.

I can't be no one else
I'm feeling supersonic
Give me gin and tonic
You can have it all but how much do you want it?

Syncing his steps to the beat, DeSean stops and forms a cross with his fist, he then outstretches his arms, pyro shoots off behind him.

You need to find out
Cos no one's gonna tell you what I'm on about
You need to find a way for what you want to say
But before tomorrow

DeSean walks down the ramp arguing with some fans while clapping the hands of others, he hops on the apron and and slowly walks down the side. He stops, leaps on the top rope and backflips in. He pumps his fist and raises his arms getting a mixed reaction but mostly cheers, he yells "I'm back baby" and pumps his chest screaming this is "my show".

Tex: A great reaction for DeSean. He came to the rescue of his old rival and the man with whom he partners tonight at Havoc, which won him a lot of fans.

Twisted watches DeSean carefully as he plays to the crowd. Izumi hangs back, perhaps a little unsure of her role in this complex situation.

Sammy: And his tag team partner...

The drum beats of "Battle of One" start as white lights strobe to the beat. The guitar riff starts, and blue strobes join the white lights. As the singer screams, Matt Strikmore makes his way through the entrance way. Wearing long brown tights with blue details, Matt has stitches across his brow and looks determined. There's very little fanfare, just the occasional slapping of a fans hand without looking away from the ring.

Cain: Matt Strikmore bears the scars of Twisted Brown's backstage attack earlier this week. There's only one thing on his mind here: payback.

Sammy: From Wildwood, New Jersey...weighing in at 220 lbs...he is the TCW TRANSCONTINENTAL CHAMPION...MAAAAAAAAAAAAATT STRIIIIIIIIIIIIKMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEE!!!!!

Sliding under the bottom rope, Matt quickly jumps back up to his feet before lightly jogging in place while shaking out his arms.

Banter: Team Strikwell is back!

Cain: I believe they prefer to be called ‘Technical Perfection'.

Banter: And hillbillies prefer to be called ‘sons of the soil', but it just ain't gonna happen.

Strikmore and DeSean confer quietly in one corner. They slap hands as Strikmore starts things off, squaring up against Izumi.

Banter: Twisted lets ladies go first - what a gentleman.

Tex: I'm more interested in Strikmore and DeSean. Did you see how they slapped hands? I think these two men may have finally reached an understanding.

Strikmore and Izumi lock up. Strikmore goes behind with a hammerlock, but Izumi jumps up and rolls him onto his back with a snapmare. She holds on with a chinlock, but Strikmore pushes his way free, bringing Izumi down to the mat. He rolls her onto his shoulders and tries for a cover but she kicks out straight away. Strikmore bends down to pick her up, but she kicks him in the face and he staggers back against the ropes.

Izumi kips up and then throws herself at Strikmore with a leg lariat. The impact sends him right over the ropes and to the outside.

Cain: Strikmore takes a tumble! Izumi is holding her own against perhaps the best pure athlete on the roster!

Izumi plays to the crowd in the ring as Strikmore picks himself up. However, Twisted Brown has left the apron and stalks his way towards the TC Champion. Strikmore gets up, only for Twisted to fly into him with a forearm smash. DeSean jumps down from his corner to deal with the commotion and Twisted just rolls Strikmore into the ring before backing away.

Tex: Twisted Brown and Matt Strikmore have some unresolved issues going on - Twisted has become obsessed with bringing back the ECF name, and he thinks Strikmore is the man to help him do that, perhaps.

Cain: ‘I believe in Matt Strikmore' has become the mantra we associate with Twisted Brown in interviews recently. He has an unhealthy obsession with the Transcontinental Champion.

Izumi drags Strikmore into the middle of the ring and makes the cover...

One...

Tw...not enough!

Izumi rolls Strikmore up to his feet and hits a dropsault. Strikmore goes back against the ropes and Izumi looks to knock him out again, but he ducks her clothesline. Izumi gets tangled up in the ropes with a squeal, and Strikmore takes advantage, grabbing her from behind and flexing back into a bridged back suplex. He holds on for the pin...

One...

Two...

Kickout!

Cain: Strikmore with that Japanese-style suplex. He is always innovative with his offence.

Tex: A maybe a bit of Izumi's own medicine?

Strikmore rolls back to his corner and tags in DeSean who hops through the ropes and immediately floors Izumi with a clothesline. He backs up, preparing for a big move, but gets a little close to Twisted in his corner who yanks him in and starts choking him with the tag rope.

Banter: Whoops! People need to learn to stay away from Twisted Brown!

Tex: He hasn't been part of this match legally yet, but he's certainly made his presence known thus far.

The referee admonishes Twisted and he shoves DeSean away where he walks right into an arm drag from Izumi. She twists into an arm bar in the centre of the ring and DeSean can only try to claw his way to the ropes.

Cain: The Aftershock Champion might be in trouble!

DeSean can't reach the ropes. Strikmore pounds on the turnbuckle, getting the crowd behind his partner. Slowly, inch by inch, DeSean is able to drag himself (and Izumi) across the canvas towards the bottom rope. He reaches out for it, then Twisted flies out of nowhere with an elbow drop. Izumi releases the hold in surprise and backs away, scuttling away on the mat. Twisted keeps stomping DeSean down.

Tex: The official needs to take control of this match!

Strikmore enters the ring but, typically, the referee forces him back to his corner, allowing Twisted to pick DeSean up and hook his arms.

Cain: Twisted is going for the Double Helix!

But DeSean twists out, flipping Twisted around. Stunned, he whips around to face DeSean and gets a kick to the gut, followed by being lifted up and brought down neck-first into the mat for the Hangman's DDT!

Tex: DeSean with his finishing manoeuvre! We saw him land that on Darkness at Friction!

Twisted rolls out of the ring, clutching his neck as DeSean gathers himself. Suddenly though, Izumi capitalises on his distraction and smashes into him with a Shining Wizard. He goes down and she hooks his leg for the pin...

One...

Two...

Thr...no! He just gets his shoulder up in time!

Cain: She nearly had him there.

Banter: Well the Shining Wizard is a powerful move - why do you think fifty percent of the roster use it as a signature?

Izumi lifts up two fingers, signalling for the Shinfuzen. She approaches DeSean, but he performs an astonishing kip up into a hurracanrana, sending her spinning across the ring. The crowd cheer for DeSean, but now both he and Izumi are down. Strikmore is reaching for the tag while Twisted crouches in his corner, having recently found his way back after the Hangman's DDT. He holds the back of his neck, still clearly in pain.

Tex: The race is on!

Banter: Slowest race ever.

DeSean and Izumi both crawl towards their respective partners. DeSean nearly reaches Strikmore, but Izumi comes to her senses and makes a grab at his leg. She pulls him upright, and he hops comically for a moment before giving into to wrestling physics and hitting the Inevitable Enziguri.

Cain: Izumi's down! DeSean has a clear run to the tag!

He throws himself at Strikmore and makes the hot tag and Izumi stumbles into her own corner and gets a blind tag from the still-groggy Twisted. The two rivals race towards one another, and Strikmore ducks a sloppy punch from Twisted. He hammers him in the back with a forearm and Twisted goes right down.

Tex: Twisted Brown is still reeling from the Hangman's DDT.

Cain: He's certainly paying the price for getting involved when he shouldn't have.

Strikmore grabs Twisted by the head and drags him into the corner. He hops up to the second rope and puts his opponent in a front-facelock. He signals and then hits a swinging DDT, driving Twisted headfirst into the canvas.

Tex: That neck of Twisted Brown's has got to be in agony now...

Strikmore signals as Izumi hits the ring, only to be headed off by DeSean who trips her with a double-leg takedown. Twisted staggers up to his feet and Strikmore jumps up, bring him down with the Ring Slinger! He hooks the leg...

One...

Two...

Three!!!

Cain: Strikmore with the pin! This is all over!

Tex: Twisted Brown falls victim to the Ring Slinger after being taken apart earlier by DeSean's Hangman's DDT. Amazing team work by these two men - a pair of young stars who are rapidly becoming two of the most proficient and skilled members of the roster.

The referee raises Strikmore and DeSean's arms as they celebrate and Strikmore's music plays. However, the jubilation doesn't last because Twisted Brown blindsides DeSean and sends him over the top rope and to the outside. Strikmore turns around to intercepts Twisted, but gets a kick to the gut and is then flattened by the Double Helix.

Tex: Oh my! Twisted Brown just took out Matt Strikmore! These two men are on a collision course!

Banter: Actually, I think they've already collided.

The crowd boos as Twisted stomps Strikmore down. Everyone else in the match is out, so there's no one to come to the Transcontinental Champion's rescue.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qobvHLlljs0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qobvHLlljs0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Image</center>

Cain: Oh my God!

Twisted stares down at the stage, his brow furrowing in consternation as Jackrabbit, his own father, walks out from behind the curtain.

Tex: It's the Acid Jackrabbit! Acid Jackrabbit himself has come out to address the TCW fans!

Banter: I missed this guy.

Tex: He is a living legend - the founder of ECF and FWRFed and the legendary Commissioner of 411fed - a true icon of the sport.

The fans are showing their appreciation. There is a spontaneous wave of exaggerated bowing down with the arms in the front rows which quickly spreads through the arena. A thunderous "AC-ID! AC-ID! AC-ID!" chant breaks out.

Jackrabbit smiles but holds his hand up. It takes a while for the cheering to die down, but it's finally quiet enough for him to speak with the microphone he has in one hand.

"Leroy...son..."

Twisted mouths off at his dad, walking towards the ropes and leaning over them.

Cain: There's so much history here. Father and son, tied together by bonds of blood, but ripped apart by the business that brought them both fame and fortune.

"Son, I wanted to tell you something before you hear it from anyone else. I wanted to do the right thing and be man enough to say this to you face to face, alright? I think you can respect that."

Twisted looks confused.

Banter: What's he talking about?

"You see, I just brokered a major deal with Commissioner Stern to book an interpromotional match at Endgame. It's appropriate that two of the participants in that match are out here too as I make this official announcement. You see, at Endgame, DeSean Blackwell will be defending his Aftershock Title against one of his opponents during this match - Izmui!"

Izumi, who has now pulled herself up using the ropes perks up at this news. She smiles broadly at the fans.

Tex: Izumi gets her shot at gold! What a coup for this young woman!

"And the third participant in the match is someone very special. Well...I hope it will be. You see, at Endgame, there are going to be two Champions involved in the match - the Aftershock Champion, and FWRFed's Revolution Champion!"

The fans erupt at the news, but Twisted is still left frowning.

Cain: Man, what a match that will be!

Banter: Who's the Revolution Champion?

Tex: It's Red Barker, but he's defending that title against William Shamrock and Tommy Laughlin at Heatwave.

"Now, Heatwave will occur before Endgame," Jackrabbit continues, as if reading Tex's mind, "which means the second challenger in the match could be any of three people: Red Barker, Will Shamrock or a kid I think has a very bright future named Tommy Laughlin."

Now Twisted is openly sneering. He shakes his head in disgust.

Cain: Hold on, now. Laughlin and Twisted came to blows at the Road to Glory. Tex, I believe you speculated that the two of them may have some history somehow.

Tex: I did indeed.

"But, Leroy, I had to give something up to get that match booked and, right now, FWRFed comes first for me. I have to do right by the promotion I founded. You see, up until tonight, you were pencilled in to get a shot at the Transcontinental Championship at Endgame, however, the condition of getting the Aftershock Title match book was that you would not, in fact, receive that shot."

Banter: Whoa! Jackrabbit sold out his own son?!

Twisted stares at his father open mouthed.

"I'm sorry, son. You'll get another chance. It's just...this time...FWRFed comes first..."

Cain: Jackrabbit wanted to put Laughlin in this match at first though. What the hell's going on here?

Tex: I have no idea.

Jackrabbit shrugs apologetically as his music plays out again and raises his hand before turning his back and walking out. Twisted Brown is left in the ring, still looking aghast.

Up in the skybox, the end of the scene plays out on Stern's screen. She clicks off the TV and turns to the man in her office: Stephen Hawthorne.

"I hope you were watching all that, Stephen."

"Yes I was, ma'am."

"As you can see, I'm left without a challenger for the Transcontinental Championship at Endgame."

Hawthorne nods. "I guess so."

"Which is why I thought I'd take this opportunity to reward you for your long time spent recovering and your loyalty to TCW."

"I see..."

"You could at least pretend to be excited..."

Hawthorne looks uncomfortable. "No offence, Miss Stern, but I don't exactly trust you."

"And that's what I'm trying to change. I want you to like me, Stephen. I want us to be friends."

"You do?"

"Yes I do. A lot of your friends have some strange ideas about me - I'm hoping that if you come to realise what a fair and generous woman I am, you could sway them a little."

"I can't make any guarantees about that kind of thing, ma'am."

"Of course not. But you will take the TC Title shot, yes?"

Hawthorne thinks about it. "Yes, alright."

"Excellent." She makes a note on a piece of paper in front of her. "Booked!"

"Can I go now?"

"Of course."

He leaves the room and Stern smiles slowly to herself.

Tex: Did the Commissioner just buy a mole in the former-NHFC camp?

Cain: It looks like she may have!

Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:48 am
Commissioner

</center>

Sammy Eubanks: The following handicap match is scheduled for one fall...introducing first...

"Age of Aquarius" plays and, to a riotous ovation, Indigo emerges on the stage.

Sammy: From Sydney, Australia...weighing in at 150 lbs...she is the winner of the 2008 Road to Glory and the number one contender to the 411fed and ECF Unified World Championship...IIIIINDIIIIIIIIGOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Cain: Last week, Commissioner Stern announced that Indigo was the number one contender. At Endgame, she takes on the mammoth task of ending Darkness's title reign.

Tex: As impossible a task as that may seem, surely this match is so much more difficult for Indigo. What can Stern have been thinking, putting her own girl in this match?

Banter: She's a genius, Tex. Darkness and Dante are gonna look like complete assholes for beating up a chick, and Indigo's gonna have huge momentum going in to Endgame whether she wins or loses.

Indigo doesn't seem to share Banter's philosophical outlook as she walks down to the ring. She keeps some confidence in her stride, but her face betrays her concern.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2q6G0CV38E&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2q6G0CV38E&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Sammy: And her opponents...first...

Explosions rip out of the stage and a wall of fire engulfs the whole stage.

Banter: Whoa!

Tex: Boy, that's some impressive pyro. I didn't know we had that kind of firepower under there.

Dante strides right through the fire, apparently unperturbed. Flames actually seem to flick around his body, but there are no visible effects.

Cain: Wow...

Banter: Did we up our special effects budget or something?

Sammy: From the City of Dis in the Sixth Circle of Hell...weighing in at 242 lbs...JAAAAAAASOOOOOOOON DAAAAAAAAAANTEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Dante walks down the ramp, discarding his white jacket as he goes and then dives right in under the ropes. Indigo backs away from him. She clenches her fists, but Dante looms over her menacingly.

Tex: Indigo defeated Dante at Friction. That has to be on the mind of the former World Champion here.

Banter: When was the last time Dante won a match again?

Cain: Well, I don't have the figures, but I would say it's certainly been a while. These past few months, Dante has been unable to secure a win. Freya and Darkness both hold victories over him, or a team he was part of, as well as Indigo at Friction last week.

Tex: We've seen that tension spill over a few times too. Dante needs this win, I think.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Mwo2lGdXU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Mwo2lGdXU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

As "Fear of the Dark" plays, the view cuts to a shot of Darkness's locker room door. It opens, and Darkness steps from the shadows, his two title belts held in his hands. As his fans chant along to the music, Darkness walks through the corridors of the arena before reaching the gorilla position.

Sammy: And his tag team partner...from Chicago, Illinois...weighing in at 218 lbs...he is the 411FED AND ECF UNIFIED WORLD'S HEAVYWEIGHT CAMPION...DAAAAAAAAARKNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!!!!!!!!!!

The song kicks in and a huge pyro erupts from the stage. Darkness strides through the flames, silhouetted in the orange glow. As he strides to the ring, belts in hand, flames streak down the side of the ramp, framing him in fire.

Tex: Darkness's entrance looks positively demure compared to what we just saw from Dante.

Cain: Nonetheless, the focus has to be on this man as we go into Endgame. He has reigned Endgame to Endgame, equalling the record of his partner tonight. For almost three years, these men have dominated the World Title division. Since November 2005, the World Titles have been held by either Darkness or Dante without interruption.

Banter: Holy crap. Indigo is in trouble!

Tex: The two longest-reigning and most dominant World Champions of all time are her opponents in this match. These are nigh-impossible odds for anyone to be facing.

Darkness climbs into the ring. Dante is glaring at him. The two men face off for a moment before Darkness walks past him and hands his belts over to the timekeeper. Indigo waits on the other side of the ring, looking from one titan to the other, considering her chances.

Dante holds out one arm, allowing Darkness to take the lead and then goes to the corner. Darkness and Indigo square up and then start to circle as the bell rings.

Cain: This is a preview of Endgame. What a match that's going to be, although I wonder what shape Indigo will be in after tonight.

Tex: Right. This could be a colossal miscalculation by Stern.

Indigo and Darkness lock up, with Darkness immediately getting a side headlock. He wrenches on Indigo's head, then brings her down to the mat with a takedown. Indigo's shoulders are down, but she immediately rolls up off the mat and then folds almost double to ensnare Darkness in a headscissor. He's forced to release the headlock and manages to push his way free of Indigo's legs. She rolls up to her feet and Darkness picks himself up a little slower.

Tex: The Champion and the number one contender are evenly matched in the very early going, it seems.

Darkness charges, but Indigo sends him to the mat with a drop toehold. She hangs on with her feet and rolls over, pulling Darkness up into a modified toehold. He reaches for the ropes and makes it pretty easily. Indigo releases but, as Darkness stands, aims a kick at his ankle.

Cain: Indigo is perhaps targeting that area. If she can slow Darkness down and take him out of this match, she can concentrate on Dante, who she knows she can beat.

Banter: Yeah, but that's nothing to base a strategy on. When your best option is to make sure all you have to do is beat Dante then you know you're in trouble.

Indigo trips Darkness and quickly crosses his legs into a deathlock. She puts her weight down on them and reaches for Darkness's chin, but he bats her away and is able to roll over, dislodging her. He gets up and drops a knee, but Indigo rolls out of the way. She hits off the ropes and sends Darkness sprawling with a low dropkick to the jaw.

Tex: Indigo looks impressive here. She's keeping calm and on top of the Champion.

Indigo advances on Darkness as he stands and aims a kick at him. He catches it, but she uses that to step up and flip him over with a hurracanrana. She grabs his legs, rolling him up...

One...

Two...no!

Cain: Indigo out of nowhere with that ‘rana! Her quickness and agility are just astonishing.

Tex: They certainly are. I'm not the expert, Isaiah, but I believe she incorporates a lot of techniques from Lucha Libre and Japanese Puroresu, is that right?

Cain: Yes she does indeed. I know Indigo is a big fan of Japanese juniors and Mexican cruiserweights, and she's adapted their styles to make up for her smaller size when facing larger male opponents.

Darkness is up on his feet and goes for another ‘rana, but this time Darkness catches her. He teeters and moves to dump her to the outside but she holds on to the middle rope and kicks him away. Pulling herself back into the ring, she plants her feet on the lower rope and uses it as a springboard to launch herself into Darkness with a flying clothesline. She covers...

One...kickout!

Banter: She's really taking it to the champ!

Tex: Darkness relies on his own agility so often. Being outpaced by this smaller, faster opponent has got him off-balance, I think.

Indigo rolls Darkness to his feet and clubs his back, but he grabs her legs and tips her over onto her back. He steps between her legs and starts to grapevine them across his knee...

Cain: Darkness goes for the Darkshooter!

He tries to turn her over, but Indigo reaches up and punches him in the face. He stumbles backwards, releasing her, and Indigo jumps right up to her feet. Darkness charges with a clothesline, but Indigo ducks and, as he turns, slams her palm right into his face.

Tex: Oh! Hard shot! Some sort of modified palm strike there.

Cain: The Shotei to be exact. One of Indigo's strongest moves.

Banter: A slap?

Cain: It's so much more than that, Banter...

Indigo covers straight away...

One...

Two...

No! Darkness just kicks out!

Indigo rolls up and rests against the ropes as Darkness groggily rises.

Cain: Darkness may want to make the tag here.

Dante leans nonchalantly in his corner, but Darkness makes no effort to tag him in. Instead, he stumbles towards Indigo. She runs at him and floors him with a thunderous Shining Wizard!

Tex: Darkness is in serious trouble! This may be a disturbing preview of Endgame for the Champion!

Indigo hooks his leg...

One...

Two...

And Dante comes out of nowhere to break up the pin!

The referee tries to get Dante back to his corner, but he pushes the official away and yanks Indigo up to her feet by her hair. He knees her in the gut and then twists her over into an inverted front-facelock. With a grimace, he drops her with the Broken Reflection.

Banter: Ouch!

Tex: Dante just turned the tables on Indigo with that brutal move!

Dante is finally forced back to his corner as Darkness stands up. The World Champion sees Indigo is down but, instead of pinning, he walks towards Dante. The two of them start exchanging heated words as Dante moves to get back in the ring again.

Cain: I don't think Darkness liked Dante getting involved like that. However you feel about Darkness, there's no denying that, more often than not, he's a man who plays by the rules.

Tex: He's a honourable fighter to be sure. None of his many wins have come by dubious means - he fights fair.

Darkness finally turns away from Dante, but then the former Champion reaches over and makes a blind tag. Darkness whirls around, assuming he's been attacked, and Indigo rolls him up with a schoolgirl.

Tex: Indigo with the pin, but Darkness isn't the legal man! She didn't see the tag!

Dante stomps to break it up. Indigo rolls away and Dante is on her in an instant, flailing at her with vicious punches. She tries to protect herself as she rolls into the ropes and the referee attempts to break it up, only for Dante to shove him away.

Cain: Dante's going crazy! All the frustrations of this past year - his battles with The Hunter and Duo, his losing streak - they're all boiling over and he's taking it out on Indigo!

Darkness hauls Dante up from behind and turns him around. The two legendary rivals face off for a moment before Dante unleashes a big right hand that sends Dante into the ropes.

Tex: Oh my!

Cain: Darkness has taken exception to Dante's attitude, it seems! Whatever issues there may be between Indigo and the Champion, we have to believe he means to fight fair and not see her get brutalised like this.

Banter: So do Dante and Darkness hate each other again now? I can't keep track.

Cain: They've barely moved in the same circles since Endgame last year when they nearly destroyed one another in the main event.

Darkness continues to attack Dante as Indigo pulls herself out of the firing line. Dante hits back on Darkness with a furious right hand and then kicks him in the gut. He balls his fists and then swipes at Darkness's jaw with a massive axe-handle. Darkness is bowled over by the impact and crashes into the mat.

Tex: God, what a shot!

The referee picks himself up and calls for the bell, indicating that the match has been thrown out.

Banter: Huh? Who won?

Cain: Technically, I believe Dante has been disqualified, meaning that Indigo wins, but this match has totally broken down.

Dante grabs a handful of Darkness's hair and tosses him over the ropes. He tumbles to the outside and Dante follows him out. He goes to attack Darkness again, but the World Champion clamps his prosthetic around Dante's throat. Dante bares his teeth and then, with an astonishing display of strength, grabs Darkness's arm and hauls him right off the floor, dumping him back on his feet.

Tex: Good God almighty! These two might be about to kill each other!

Dante battles Darkness down the ramp as Indigo watches on from the ring. The two old rivals trade blows, but Dante is quickly able to take advantage with a kick to the gut.

Tex: Dante's frustrations of the past few months have finally boiled over! He's taking Darkness apart!

Banter: I guess it must be that time of year again. Please tell me the contract for Indigo versus Darkness is already signed - I couldn't take D&D three years in a row.

Dante floors Darkness with a brutal uppercut and starts stomping him on the ramp. The crowd boos, but then breaks into cheering as Freya races out from the stage and bowls into Dante, sending him staggering back.

Cain: The cavalry are here! It's Freya, and Hawthorne is with her too!

Hawthorne hangs back though, unwilling to commit himself to the fray.

Tex: Remember, it was Darkness who put Hawthorne out last year.

Banter: Plus he doesn't want to endanger his TC title shot by getting involved in this, I bet.

Cain: The former-NHFC is tearing itself apart before our very eyes.

Dante charges at Freya but she trips him and they both go down on the ramp, brawling furiously. Darkness picks himself up slowly. Hawthorne still dithers on the stage, not sure who to side with.

"If I could just interrupt this heartfelt reunion of the New Hellfire Club..."

Freya, who briefly has the upper hand on Dante, looks up to the Twistedtron where Stern looks down on them. She gives a small wave. Dante shoves Freya off and climbs to his feet. All of the NHFCers look up at the ‘tron, curious as to what the Commissioner wants.

"For a year I've been trying to get shot of you freaks," she sneers, "twelve months of enduring Congress's unwanted attention because you idiots have to prance around with pentagrams on your tights. You think it's easy making excuses for you while you kill my promotion?"

Tex: She's talking about the most popular wrestlers on the roster!

Banter: Hey, come on. She has a point.

Cain: Whether you agree with Stern or not, Freya and Darkness have weathered all her efforts to dispose of them. They have strangleholds on their respective titles.

"So now I'm at my wits end with all of you. This is where the buck stops, Hellfire. At Endgame, I'm going to end your careers if it kills me - and if it kills you. Since none of my hired guns over the past year have managed to get the job done, I'm going to do what I should have done a long time ago and pit you against each other. Freya: at Endgame, your opponent is going to be the man you've just attacked - Jason Dante!"

Tex: Oh my! Freya versus Dante at Endgame!

"And if I know Dante and his current frame of mind, your Bleeder Title may be at risk."

Freya looks at Dante. He glowers at her furiously.

Cain: Dante will get the chance to take our his frustrations over his losing streak on the very woman who has been mostly responsible for it, and he might just get the Bleeder Title into the bargain too!

Tex: Stern has now given Hawthorne and Dante title matches - or a potential title match in the latter case - it looks to me like she's trying to turn these allies against each other. She might halve her problem in one fell swoop at Endgame!

Cain: I wonder if that's the real reason she put Darkness and Dante against Indigo, so that they'd turn on one another.

"And Darkness, let me remind you: the moment you lose those titles, your gone. It's been a long, hard year, and you've survived everything I've thrown at you, but that's not going to happen this time. Indigo eliminated you in the Road to Glory, and she just held her own against the two greatest World Champions of all time. I think your days are numbered, champ."

Darkness turns slowly and locks eyes with Indigo, who is still standing in the ring.

Cain: Stern has spelled out Darkness's fate - if he doesn't beat Indigo, he'll lose his job!

Tex: Does she really think Indigo will go along with that after what happened to her in FWRFed? She's been forced into a very awkward position here. The fans love her, but Stern is making her into a villain.

Indigo and Darkness continue to stare one another down.

Cain: At Endgame, the World Titles are on the line, and, for Indigo, it may just be a unification match! The biggest show of the year, playing host to the biggest match of all time!

Tex: Folks, don't miss Endgame, TCW's showcase pay per view, live from Buenos Aeries!

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQ5nCHp1Uoo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQ5nCHp1Uoo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]