[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Friction in La Paz, Bolivia (September 16 2008)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Friction in La Paz, Bolivia (September 16 2008) 
Commissioner

Post Friction in La Paz, Bolivia (September 16 2008)

Tex: Welcome to another exciting night of FRICTION, live from the sold-out Estadio Hernando Siles in gorgeous La Paz, Bolivia!

Banter: Heh, night of friction...

Cain: It looks like we're starting tonight off with an interview. Here's one of TCW's newest stars, Izumi.

"Hi!" Izumi says, waving to the camera. "I'm Izumi Matsushita...wait, I need a better ring name than my real name..."

Interviewer: "We're live, miss."

"Sorry! It's my first promo," she says. "Anyway...I'm new here in TCW. I hope you'll all cheer for me! I've been a wrestling fan all my life. I've watched since I was old enough to talk. I love wrestling. I love this business to death."

She giggles. "I get to grapple with the best of them...I'm gonna show off some cool moves." She lifted her free hand, holding a Milky Way bar, and bit into it. "I made it. How many people actually get to do what they love? Sure, I'm probably going to get beat up now and then...but that's the way it is! You win some, you lose some. I'm going to have a lot of fun doing this."

Then suddenly she stares right into the camera with a serious look, piercing eyes looking right into all of the viewers. She's cute, but at the same time has an unshakable determined aura around her...fire in those eyes. Holding the mic, she continues:

"But that doesn't mean I'm not serious about wrestling here. Because I AM serious." she said. "I didn't start training and wrestling for shits and giggles. I'm playing for keeps. I am here because I want to climb the ladder. If Freya can do it, if Indigo can do it, I can, and WILL do it. What I want most of all...is to make an impact. To do something YOU will all remember."

The camera slowly zooms in on her face. Her hand reaches out, and GRABS it, pulling it towards her so her face fills it...every contour, every line in her face now intense.

"Because I -am- going to. I want to do something...amazing in front of all of you. Something that'll make it all worth it. Do you remember the first time Stone Cold Steve Austin stunned Vince McMahon? Do you remember...when Undertaker threw Mankind RIGHT off the top of the Cell? Do you remember the formation of the nWo? DX? The Ministry? Do you remember the Attitude Era? Those days are long past...but you still remember them all, don't you? Because they made an impact. I'm going to do that too....I am a patient woman. It might happen at the next PPV, or it might happen four years down the road at some random house show, but I WILL do something legendary! Everyone will remember my name...Izumi Matsushita."

She steps away from the camera. "Well? How did I do? I wrote it myself!" She giggles, and bows quickly before walking away, her serious aura gone again...

Tex: What an interesting gal.

Banter: Yeah, I see a couple interesting things about her...

Cain: And she'll be hitting the ring momentarily in the first match of the evening!

<center>Image Image Image
</center>

Eubanks: Introducing first, hailing from Kyoto, Japan.... IZUUUUMI!!!

The lights dim as Rinne begins, the arena going dark... and when the lyrics begin, she comes out in a white spotlight, flashing a peace sign to the crowd. She slides into the ring and begins to work the crowd, climbing the turnbuckles and waving.

Eubanks: Introducing next, the former Masked Man, TWISTED BROOOOOWN!!!

Unforgiven II kicks in and out comes wrestling legend, Leroy "Twisted" Brown, quickly making his way to the ring.

Eubanks: And finally, the TCW Transcontinental Champion, MATT STRIKMOOOOORE!!!

The drum beats of "Battle of One" start as white lights strobe to the beat. The guitar riff starts, and blue strobes join the white lights. As the singer screams, Matt Strikmore makes his way through the entrance way. Wearing long brown tights with blue details, Matt rolls his neck before heading down the ramp. There's very little fanfare, just the occasional slapping of a fans hand without looking away from the ring. Sliding under the bottom rope, Matt quickly jumps back up to his feet before lightly jogging in place while shaking out his arms.

The bell rings and Izumi hangs back as Twisted and Strikmore move in on each other. Twisted starts things off with some chops, slicing into his opponent's chest. Izumi joins the fray, sending Strikmore tumbling forward with a mean dropkick to the back!

Cain: Izumi's certainly making her self known here in TCW!

Banter: I don't mind them ganging up on that goody-good Strikmore either!

The back-and-forth continues in the ring, with Strikmore receiving the worst of it. Blow after blow is exchanged between the Transcontinental Champ and his two opponents.

Twisted grabs Matt, sending him towards the ropes. Matt takes advantage of the momentum, turning it into a double-clothesline for the waiting Twisted and Izumi, sending them both crashing to the mat.

As Strikmore composes himself, Izumi leaps to her feet, pulling Strikmore to the mat with an arm drag, then looking to lock in the arm bar.

Tex: Izumi looking for a quick submission here, but it's not meant to be!

Cain: Too early for that yet!

Strikmore breaks free, but upon rising, is met by the fists of Twisted Brown. Strikmore fights back, exchanging blows with Strikmore. Izumi races on, Strikmore ducks, and Twisted is hit with a flying clothesline!

Strikmore dives forward, pouncing on the downed Twisted Brown while Izumi untangles herself. Strikmore and Twisted struggle with each other on the ground until Izumi pulls Strikmore away. As they shove back and forth, Twisted executes a leg sweep, taking Matt back down to the mat.

Tex: This match could go any which way!

Cain: Everyone is certainly pretty evenly matched!

With Strikmore on his knees, Izumi hits him with a few quick kicks. Twisted bounces off the ropes, cruising towards Strikmore.

Matt dives out of the way, and Izumi goes down hard as Twisted crashes into her small frame, sending her down hard.

Cain: She's gonna need some recovery from that one...

Twisted and Strikmore are back to exchanging blows, with Twisted gaining the upper hand, throwing Matt into the corner. He pounds away on him, and begins to climb.

Banter: Awright, time for some real action!

Tex: It looks like Twisted is trying to lock Strikmore in for his patented T-Bone Superplex!

Cain: What's the commotion about in the crowd?

From the ramp, DeSean Blackwell is racing towards the ring. He slides in through the ropes and races for the corner.

Reaching up, DeSean grabs Twisted, throwing him down to the mat hard. As Izumi pulls herself up in the opposite corner, she is clearly inspecting the action across the ring.

Tex: Izumi doesn't look too happy...

Cain: Well to her, I imagine it looks like Twisted just got double-teamed...

Banter: Heh heh heh.

Izumi races over as DeSean dives out of the ropes. Flipping over them, Izumi lands atop the Aftershock Champ with mean moonsault!

Tex: Izumi just took DeSean down hard!

Inside the ring, Strikmore attempts to take advantage of the downed Twisted Brown, but it's all a ploy, as Twisted uppercuts Matt! As the Transcontinental Champ stumbles backward, Twisted grabs at him, pulling him forward.

Tex: Twisted's setting him up!

Brown lifts Strikmore up and they both go down hard!

Cain: Double Helix!!

Twisted dives in for the pin, and the ref follows suite.

1!!!

2!!!

3!!!!

Eubanks: Your winner, the blast from the past, TWIIIIIISTED BROOOOOOWN!!

Tex: What a barn-burner!

Banter: What does that even mean?

Tex: I don't know, I picked it up from somewhere.

Cain: Izumi must be steamed, missing out on the final action there.

Tex: Well, she did choose to go after DeSean first!

Cain: I'm being told there's some more action going on backstage right now!

The crowd cheers as Pat WoW! appears on the TwistedTron in a narrow hallway. Their cheers turn to boos as Pat falls to the ground, the ruthless monster Starmoon charging in.

Tex: It doesn't look good for the big Wowster!

But Pat leaps to his feet, using his speed to race around the beast, wrapping his arms around Starmoon's neck. The big man goes down hard, and Pat leaps on him.

The two exchange blows, but Pat's gaining the upper hand.

Cain: Starmoon may be a beast, but Pat is a legend!

Tex: And he's showing us why right now!

Starmoon shoves Pat away, climbing to his feet. As Pat races forward, Starmoon swings at him with a loose hunk of wood.

But Pat is ready for him, turning his run into a dropkick, sending the 2x4 straight into the skull of Starmoon! The big guy goes down with a thud, and Pat catches his breath before giving the camera a little wave and smile.

Tex: That Pat... what a contender!

Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:13 am
Commissioner

Backstage, Freya is walking through the corridors of the arena. She's wearing a deep frown.

Banter: What's up with her?

Tex: I guess she has something on her mind.

She reaches a locker room door and the camera pans up to reveal it's labelled "Dante".

Cain: I think Freya's looking for Dante!

Banter: Ever thought about a career as a detective?

She raps her knuckles against the door and waits for a moment. Growling slightly, she knocks again. "Hey! Hey, are you in there? I need to ask you about...something..."

There's no reply.

"Selenia? Are you in there? Meagan? Uh...no, that won't work..."

Banter: Nobody home!

"Damnit." Freya turns away, but then a huge shape looms from the shadows.

Tex: That's Cage, of Duo! He's supposed to have a match against Freya later tonight!

Cain: It looks like he's not waiting!

Cage charges at Freya, but she dodges nimbly and his fist crashes into the wall. Cage rips his hand out of the brickwork and then promptly drives it into the opposite wall where Freya's head was just a moment before.

Banter: I hope they're not near the bottom of the arena - the whole building will collapse!

Freya steps backwards from Cage, holding up her hands in a futile attempt to calm it down. "Hey, come on, big guy. Why don't we save this for the ring..."

Suddenly, a squealing shape leaps from behind and affixes small hands to Freya's head.

Tex: It's Elsie Canada!

Freya is wise to her tricks though and grabs Elsie by her hair, throwing her over her head and to the floor. Cage bellows in fury and advances on Freya again, but suddenly stops.

"Hey, back off..."

Freya whirls around, and then stars dumbstruck at the man standing behind her.

"Stephen?!"

<center>Image</center>

"Hey, toots."

Tex: It's Stephen Hawthorne! What's he doing here?

Freya blinks and then looks around at Elsie and Cage, who are both staring at Hawthorne. "Can you see him too?"

Elsie lets out an apparently involuntary noise, then turns tail and runs right past Cage. He looks after her and then lopes away in the same direction.

Banter: What was that all about?

Cain: Elsie looked like she'd seen a ghost!

Freya looks back at Hawthorne and then reaches out. She pokes a finger at his jacket and jumps slightly when it makes contact.

"You're real!"

Hawthorne looks at her like she's grown another head. "This is a funny way to welcome me back..."

Tex: Well Stephen Hawthorne has seemingly returned, and we're heading into our next match!

<center>Image Image
</center>

Sammy Eubanks: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

"Age of Aquarius" starts to play, and Indigo steps out onto the stage as multi-coloured lights flash.

Sammy: Introducing first...from Sydney, Australia, weighing in at 150 lbs...she is the winner of the 2008 Road to Glory....IIIIIINDIIIIIIIIIGOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Tex: Indigo beat the odds to win the Road to Glory - can she continue to find success here in TCW?

Banter: Does it matter? She's going back to FWRFed anyway.

Cain: Not necessarily. Even if she wins at Heatwave, Indigo still has a TCW contract. She could appear here with the FWRFed World Title!

Tex: What a coup that would be.

Indigo smiles at the fans who have already begun cheering for her and walks down to the ring calmly. Once there, she sits cross-legged in the corner, eyes closed, waiting for the match to begin.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2q6G0CV38E&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2q6G0CV38E&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Flames burst across the stage and, after a few moments, Dante strides through them. Red lights beat down across his pale features as more columns of fire spring up on the stage and down the sides of the entrance ramp, framing him in flickering light all the way to the ring.

Sammy: And her opponent...from the City of Dis, in the Sixth Circle of Hell...weighing in at 242 lbs...JAAAAAAAAAAASOOOOOOOOOOOON DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Tex: The one, the only Jason Dante. Freya was looking for him earlier, and met Cage instead - as well as former NHFC member Stephen Hawthorne.

Cain: Perhaps Darkness's talk of a reunion at Road to Glory will come to fruition after all.

Banter: Oh great!

Both wrestlers face each other across the ring and the bell sounds to start things off.

Indigo keeps her distance from Dante, as they circle each other carefully. It is Indigo who moves in first, taking careful kicks at Dante. She darts in and out, being very careful not to get in too close...

A feint kick followed by a strong roundhouse at Dante's head misses, Dante ducking by inches and he grabs Indigo as she spins around, backdropping her to the mat.

Cain: It's possible Dante may very well have an advantage here, but don't count Indigo out, she's a former World Champion too.

Banter: Yeah, an FWRFed World Champion.

Tex: Whatever your feelings about that promotion, Indigo won out over many established TCW stars in the Road to Glory - including Dante.

Indigo rolls out of the way of an elbow drop and springs up, running over to Dante and performing a hiptoss. She clotheslines Dante to the ground as soon as he gets up. She rolls him to his feet and hooks him up for a DDT, but Dante simply pushes her over. She hops right back up, only to be met by a Yakuza kick. Dante covers...

One...

Two...

Kickout!

Tex: A hard shot by Dante nearly ended things for Indigo there. She's obviously outmatched in terms of height, weight and experience by Dante - how can she go about winning this match, Cain?

Cain: She has a big speed and agility advantage. If she can keep Dante off-balance, she'll be able to pick up the win, but right now he's in firm control of the match.

Dante gets to his feet and then drops an elbow on Indigo. He does it again, and a third time. The crowd start to turn against him, and an Indigo chant starts.

Tex: Dante's attack is relentless!

Banter: Well it's like you guys were saying - he's got to stay in control or he'll be in trouble. He's been on a losing streak lately and this is his chance to score a big win.

Cain: It sure is. I've no doubt Dante wants to send a firm message to all his doubters with a victory over an opponent of this calibre.

Dante pins...

One...

Two...

Thr...not enough!

Dante keeps control, yanking Indigo up into a sitting position and applying an abdominal stretch. He wrenches her backwards in the submission. Indigo strives to break free of the hold, but Dante yells and really cranks on the pressure, pulling back on Indigo's body.

Banter: He looks like he's gonna break her in half!

Cain: Compared to Indigo, Dante is a powerhouse. She may have no option but to tap. I'm not certain, but I don't believe she's been defeated by submission before.

Dante cranks the pressure on harder. Indigo is desperately trying to break out of it, elbowing Dante. Again, and again, and struggling but his grip is too strong. However, the jolts shift them over towards the ropes and, with a desperate lunge, she makes a grab for the closest one.

Tex: Indigo makes the ropes! What ring presence and tenacity from this young woman!

Dante is refusing to let go of the hold, cranking on it, gritting his teeth. The referee demands that he breaks it. He refuses. The count starts.

One!

Two!

Three!

Four!

Dante releases at last, throwing Indigo's body to the mat. He delivers a kick to her ribs, appearing to mutter something to himself.

Cain: This is not a pleasant side of Jason Dante. He seems to be venting all his recent frustrations on Indigo.

Tex: And the fans don't seem to like it one bit.

He lifts Indigo up roughly, but she slaps him away and drops him with a DDT from nowhere.

Cain: Whoa!

Tex: Indigo digs deep and brings Dante down! This may be the turning point in this match!

Dante looks like he doesn't know where he is for a moment as he stands up. Indigo pulls up on the ropes, favoring her ribs, and comes out with a spinning heel kick. Indigo feeds off the energy of the crowd. She clotheslines Dante down and then, as he staggers up to his feet, slams her palm into his face, sending him spinning away!

Cain: The Shotei! What a move!

Banter: She just hit him in the face - how is that that powerful?

Tex: Strange things can happen between those ropes, Banter.

Indigo hooks Dante's leg...

One...

Two...

Thr...no!

Tex: Dante rolls his shoulder up!

Rolling off of Dante and under the rope, she stands up, slowly, climbing the ropes, still holding her ribs.

Cain: It looks like Indigo may be going for something high risk.

Banter: Big mistake...

Tex: Or perhaps not - if she hits the Indigo Splash, this one will be over!

Indigo signals on the top rope and then jumps off, rotating through the air, but there's no one home!

Cain: Dante moved! That would have been all!

Tex: And Indigo took the full impact on her injured ribs. This could be the opportunity Dante needs to grab victory from the jaws of defeat.

Both wrestlers are down, and the referee starts to count...

One!

Two!

Three!

They stir and slowly crawl up, grabbing the ropes to pull up on...

Four!

Five!

Six!

Slowly, both of them pull to a standing position.

Tex: They're both up! But how much do they have left in the tank?

A boot to the stomach by Dante, and he sets her up for the Hellfire Driver!

Cain: It's all over!

But Indigo slips off his shoulder and, as Dante turns around, grabs him around the head. With a phenomenal surge of willpower, she gets him up into the air and then brings him down headfirst into the mat!

Tex: A brainbuster!

Cain: The Needs-a-Name Brainbuster specifically!

Banter: Does it still need a name if we're calling it that?

Indigo rolls over and covers Dante...

One...

Two...

Three!!!

Tex: She did it! Indigo picks up the win over Jason Dante!

Cain: Some might call that an upset, but with Indigo challenging for the FWRFed World Title after her victory at Road to Glory, this is just the kind of momentum she needs.

Indigo has her hand raised in victory as the crowd cheers for her.

Banter: But who cares? She's gone, gone, gone after this.

Tex: Maybe so, but Indigo has certainly left an impression on TCW. We wish her luck in the future if she decides to remain in FWRFed upon winning the World Title - if indeed she does.

Cain: Now it's time for tonight's final match...

<center>Image Image
</center>

Sammy Eubanks: The following non-title match is scheduled for one fall...introducing first...

The arena lights turn black and blue, the Twistedtron shows a limo driving through the streets, it stops in front of the arena and the door opens and out steps DeSean decked out in his trademark wrestling gear. After a 2 seconds of silence the beginning drums of Oasis Supersonic begins to play, DeSean walks through the curtain head down, with his hoodie covering his face.

Sammy: From Greensboro, North Carolina...weighing in at 221 lbs...he is the TCW AFTERSHOCK CHAMPION....DESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAN BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL!!!!!!!

I need to be myself

DeSean flips the hood back and outstretches his arms.

Tex: What a match this is going to be. These men have faced each other in the ring before, but never one on one.

Cain: A long-awaited bout between two men who have had very different careers in roughly the same period of time.

I can't be no one else
I'm feeling supersonic
Give me gin and tonic
You can have it all but how much do you want it?

Syncing his steps to the beat, DeSean stops and forms a cross with his fist, he then outstretches his arms, pyro shoots off behind him.

You need to find out
Cos no one's gonna tell you what I'm on about
You need to find a way for what you want to say
But before tomorrow

DeSean walks down the ramp arguing with some fans while clapping the hands of others, he hops on the apron and and slowly walks down the side. He stops, leaps on the top rope and backflips in. He pumps his fist and raises his arms getting a mixed reaction but mostly cheers, he yells "I'm back baby" and pumps his chest screaming this is "my show".

Tex: We saw DeSean earlier, coming to the rescue of his long-time rival and former tag partner Matt Strikmore.

Banter: What's he trying to prove with that?

Cain: Perhaps that he's not willing to let certain elements in TCW control how things play out in the ring. A marked change from the man he once was with Infinity.

Tex: I've been talking to this young man recently, and he told me earlier that he simply has no option but to win this match. He says it's for the good of TCW, and that Darkness has to be stopped.

Banter: Well he's right. What are we supposed to do, just watch this freak hold everyone else down forever more?

Cos my friend said he'd take you home
He sits in a corner all alone
He lives under a waterfall
Nobody can see him
Nobody can ever hear him call
Nobody can ever hear him call

Cain: I don't know that I'd ever be so bold as to say that Darkness is a negative influence in TCW. He is an iconic, legendary competitor - perhaps the most dominant force ever to set foot in the ring - but I wonder who there is left to potentially displace him. He cannot - indeed he must not - reign forever as World Champion.

Banter: But who's gonna step up? DeSean?

Tex: Maybe so. With Indigo challenging for the World Title in FWRFed, we are left without a challenger for Darkness's belts at Endgame. Who will rise from the ranks to claim that shot? DeSean Blackwell, I know, would like to be that person. Certainly a victory tonight would go a long way to placing him in line for it.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Mwo2lGdXU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Mwo2lGdXU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

As "Fear of the Dark" plays, the view cuts to a shot of Darkness's locker room door. It opens, and Darkness steps from the shadows, his two title belts held in his hands. As his fans chant along to the music, Darkness walks through the corridors of the arena before reaching the gorilla position.

Sammy: And his opponent...from Chicago, Illinois...weighing in at 218 lbs...he is the 411FED AND ECF UNIFIED WORLD'S HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.... DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!!!!

The song kicks in and a huge pyro erupts from the stage. Darkness strides through the flames, silhouetted in the orange glow. As he strides to the ring, belts in hand, flames streak down the side of the ramp, framing him in fire.

Tex: At the Road to Glory, Darkness came within a hair's breadth of winning for the second time in as many years. It is perhaps the one major accolade that has eluded him in his storied career.

Cain: Already he has surpassed the length of Dante's reign as World Champion, and racked up a longer total period with the ECF and 411fed World Championships than any holder of either or both of those belts in history. It is hard to name anyone else in the history of sport who approaches this level of domination.

Tex: And that's exactly what DeSean believes is the problem. He wants to be the man who ends Darkness's long period at the top of the pile.

Banter: Think he'll do it?

Tex: I'd say he has as good a chance as anyone. DeSean, as I've been saying for years, is one hell of a talent. I think, finally, we are seeing him grow into the man I always thought he could become - and that could well be the man who topples Darkness.

Darkness enters the ring, ignoring its occupants and mounts the turnbuckle, raising his World Championships above his head as the ethereal chanting continues. DeSean removes his jacket, never taking his eyes of Darkness. He pulls off his own belt and briefly glances at it before passing it to the referee. Darkness climbs down into the ring and hands off his own titles. He and DeSean watch each other carefully as the music dies down. The bell rings.

Cain: Here we go - a match that may change the fate of TCW, or be just another tally for Darkness.

They lock up, evenly matched at first, but Darkness starts to push harder, slowly overpowering DeSean and forcing him into the corner. They struggle and the referee forces a break. Darkness moves off. DeSean composes himself and they lock up again. This time DeSean grabs a hammerlock, going behind Darkness. He abruptly releases and snaps on a side headlock, then brings Darkness down to the mat. He presses his shoulders to the mat...

One...no!

Tex: DeSean has outwrestled Darkness in the early going. Certainly ‘The Technician's' mat wrestling credentials outstrip Darkness's on paper, but we know all too well that the World Champion can go catch-as-catch-can with the very best of them.

DeSean rolls Darkness onto his shoulders again...

One...no!

Darkness rolls up with the momentum of his kick out, pushing himself up onto his knees. He wraps his arms around DeSean's waist and heaves him up, carrying both men to their feet. He flexes back, but DeSean rolls through, landing on his feet behind Darkness. He lays in a forearm to the back and then grabs a full nelson.

Banter: Darkness looks like he's in trouble!

Cain: These two men are evenly matched. Same height, almost the same weight. Both have the same level of experience, but who would ever bet against Darkness?

Darkness struggles in the full nelson, then pushes backwards. DeSean goes tumbling into the corner but keeps hold of his opponent. He falls onto his back, but Darkness rolls through, his feet finding the middle turnbuckle pad and then kicking off. The momentum of the counter throws both of them upright and Darkness frees one arm, then flips DeSean down to the canvas with the other, segueing neatly into an arm bar.

Tex: An astonishing counter by Darkness!

Cain: Innovative and unconventional offence is one of Darkness's trademarks, and now he has DeSean in a submission hold.

DeSean claws across the mat, trying to escape the hold and eventually he reaches the ropes. Darkness releases and backs away, allowing DeSean to stand up. He shakes out his arm and the two of them begin circling again. Darkness darts in and quickly brings DeSean down with a fireman's carry, but the Aftershock Champion turns his reverse chinlock attempt into a wristlock. He twists Darkness's wrist, but Darkness rolls through and kips up, countering into a hammerlock.

Cain: Both men are going back and forth, countering every move.

Banter: All DeSean needs to do is get the advantage and start wailing on Darkness.

Tex: You make it sound easy when you say it like that!

DeSean grabs Darkness's head and takes him down with a snapmare. He locks in a double chickenwing and abruptly shifts his weight, pinning Darkness's shoulders to the mat...

One...

Two....

Th...kickout!

Tex: He nearly had it! DeSean nearly got the three! What a close near-fall.

DeSean rolls his neck as he gets up, then charges Darkness. The World Champion sidesteps and runs him towards the turnbuckle, but DeSean counters and jumps up to the top rope, turning in midair to nail Darkness with a flying clothesline.

Cain: DeSean with The Alpha Flight! This could be all!

He covers...

One...

Two...no, not enough!

Tex: DeSean has gotten two near-falls in quick succession - he may have Darkness on the ropes here.

DeSean climbs on top of Darkness and lays in punches until the referee warns him off. He rolls Darkness up to his feet and hits him with a forearm. He shoves him into the corner and backs up, charging in with a knee lift. Darkness grunts at the impact, then DeSean goes for another, but this time Darkness counters with a kick to the midsection. DeSean is staggered and Darkness goes up to the second rope.

Banter: He's going for something crazy!

Tex: Darkness takes to the air only occasionally, but when he does it is always something to behold.

Darkness comes off with a flying knee, but DeSean cuts him off with a punch to the gut. He head butts him and then smashes his face into his knee, bouncing Darkness down to the canvas.

Cain: Oh my! DeSean with an absolutely brutal move there!

He hooks Darkness's leg...

One...

Tw...no! Not enough this time!

Darkness rolls over onto his side, dabbing at his nose. There is a trickle of blood forming.

Tex: It looks like DeSean may have busted Darkness's nose there. Let's hope it isn't broken.

Banter: What? So he doesn't lose his good looks?

DeSean lifts Darkness to his feet and hooks his arms. He goes for a butterfly suplex, but Darkness twists his way out of it, spinning around and then dropping DeSean with a DDT.

Tex: Darkness got a DDT! Not the Darkness DDT - not enough rotation or impact - but he certainly took some of the fight out of DeSean with that big move.

Both men are down, but Darkness starts to stir first. The crowd are chanting for him as he slowly picks himself up and rolls DeSean onto his back. He covers...

One...

Two...

Thr...no! DeSean just rolls his shoulder up in time!

Darkness stands up and beckons for DeSean to do likewise. Shakily, he does so, using the ropes in the corner to support himself. Darkness ducks down, wiping the blood out of his moustache then, as his opponent turns to face him, charges in with a spear.

Cain: Big spear from Darkness!

DeSean is smashed into the turnbuckle and spits out a glob of bloody phlegm as his eyes screw up in pain. But then, with a phenomenal application of will, he reaches down and grabs Darkness by the waist, right from the spear position, and heaves him into the air.

Banter: Powerbomb!

Tex: No, something far worse!

DeSean holds Darkness in the air, lets him drop slightly, then falls to his knees, driving Darkness neck-first into the mat.

Cain: Hangman's DDT! DeSean hit his finishing manoeuvre!

Darkness rolls over and flops down to his stomach and DeSean, crushed by the spear and the effort of lifting his opponent, also collapses to the mat.

Tex: They're both down! DeSean cannot capitalise!

The referee begins to count...

One!

Neither man is moving.

Two!

Banter: We could have a double KO here!

Three!

Cain: Few enough men have managed to put Darkness out for the count. If DeSean can get up, he can pin Darkness and win this match.

Four!

DeSean starts to move...

Five!

Darkness too begins to stir...

Six!

DeSean tries to push himself up, but can't manage it and crashes back to the mat...

Seven!

Tex: DeSean Blackwell will never get a chance as good as this to make his name! If he wants to make a difference for TCW, he must find the will to get up and make the cover!

Eight!

DeSean tries to stand again and this time he makes it, staggering to his feet...

Nine!

With a yell of exertion he hurls himself towards Darkness who has now rolled over onto his back. The referee stops counting and drops to the mat...

One...

Two...

Thre...KICKOUT!

Cain: Darkness kicks out! This match continues!

The crowd is going nuts as DeSean sits up and bows his head. Sweat drips off his brow. He stands up and balls his fists. He beckons for Darkness to stand and the World Champion slowly obliges. With a signal, he strikes again, kicking Darkness in the gut and lifting him up for a second Hangman's DDT...

Tex: If he can hit this, the match will be over!

Banter: If! If!

Darkness goes up, but DeSean loses his balance and Darkness rolls through, pulling DeSean down into a sunset flip...

One...

DeSean pushes his way out. Darkness goes onto his back, legs in the air, and DeSean grabs his feet. He folds one of Darkness's legs, hooking his boot into the crook of his knee.

Tex: DeSean looks like he may be going for the Leg Stretcher!

Banter: He's gonna tap!

Darkness fights it, but DeSean starts to turn him over onto his stomach. He finally succeeds and grabs Darkness's foot under one arm, wrenching backwards and subjecting his spine and legs to incredible tension.

Cain: Darkness is in the Leg Stretcher in the middle of the ring! He has nowhere to go!

Tex: In his years-long career, Darkness has never submitted. Not once has he tapped out - he broke the Gilded Cage and he survived Sweet Irony - if DeSean were to make him tap, it would change the very face of professional wrestling.

Darkness bares his teeth. His nosebleed has gotten worse now, and the blood pours into his mouth, making a grisly spectacle of his bared teeth. He roars in fury as DeSean pulls backwards. Sweat beads the Aftershock Champion's whole body. He's almost sitting on Darkness's back now, stretching him so he's nearly folded double.

Darkness supports himself with his hands, pushing himself up in an effort to alleviate the torsion to which his spine is being subjected.

Cain: How long can he hold out? He has nowhere to go, and surely no choice but to submit unless he wants to risk having his backbone shattered.

Darkness's hands are planted firmly on the canvas as he tries to pull himself forward in a futile attempt to reach the ropes which are several feet away. DeSean screams "ask him!" at the referee, but the official just shakes his head - he can see that Darkness will not quit.

Slowly, Darkness begins to inch towards the ropes, but DeSean puts the brakes on and drags him across the mat away from them. Darkness slumps down.

Tex: This must be just a matter of time now!

DeSean resumes his pulling, trying desperately to make Darkness quit, but no matter how far he stretches, he won't tap. He roars in frustration, now planting his weight down on Darkness's back and rearing right backwards. Just at that moment, the sweat slicking his body betrays him and he loses his grip on Darkness's foot. He falls backwards as Darkness's lower half drops limply to the mat.

Cain: DeSean lost his grip! Darkness is free!

Tex: He broke the hold, by hook or by crook, and Darkness has survived. But that submission must have done incredible damage to his back and legs. How can he even think about continuing after that kind of punishment?

DeSean plants his fists against the canvas and rises up to his feet. He glowers at Darkness through sweat-stung eyes. His lower lip is stained crimson by blood from some injury sustained earlier in the match. The World Champion staggers to his feet, limping and favouring his back. DeSean rushes him, but Darkness throws himself out of the way and DeSean crashes into the turnbuckle. He staggers backwards just as Darkness stands up and then walks right into a thunderous superkick!

Tex: Darkness with the superkick! He came out of nowhere!

DeSean is flat out, and Darkness drops to his knees, then weakly hooks his leg...

One...

Two...

Three!!!

Cain: Darkness wins! Tonight was not DeSean's night, but I suspect that this match is much more than another digit in Darkness's win column.

Tex: Yes indeed. DeSean took him to the limit, but the night belongs to Darkness.

Darkness is helped up to his feet by the referee and has his hand raised in victory. The fans cheer for him, caught up in the spirit of his hard-won victory. Darkness places his left arm, complete with the prosthetic that, for once, didn't come into play, across his stomach and staggers over to DeSean, who is now slumped down in the corner. He extends his good hand. DeSean eyes it sceptically.

Banter: What madness does this freak have planned now?

Cain: I think he's doing the honourable thing, Banter.

DeSean finally takes his hand, and Darkness helps him up to his feet. The two men stand facing one another for a long moment, before Darkness grabs DeSean's hand again and lifts it up into the air.

Tex: What a class act. Darkness is showing his appreciation for DeSean, and inviting the fans to show theirs too. This was a classic bout, and it is no reflection on DeSean's skill that he came up short on this occasion.

Cain: No it is not. He came close to beating Darkness in the match of his life.

The crowd cheers and applauds for DeSean as he has his hand raised by Darkness and keeps it up as he lets go and then climbs slowly from the ring. He is handed back his Aftershock Title as he limps up the ramp.

Tex: DeSean Blackwell may have many more chances to topple Darkness in the future. If I was the World Champion, I know I'd be watching my back in future.

Darkness too has his belts returned and now he ascends the turnbuckle and lifts them into the air to a great roar from the capacity crowd.

Cain: But still we are left with the question of who can stop Darkness? Who can step up at Endgame to challenge him and maybe save TCW?

Banter: We don't have a number-one contender!

Tex: No we don't. I would assume that...

The Yeah Yeah Yeah's "Down Boy" suddenly begins to play, cutting of Tex in mid-sentence. Darkness's head snaps ‘round and he frowns at the stage as Commissioner Stern walks out.

<center>Image</center>

Cain: We may be about to find out what will happen at Endgame!

Darkness, his body still streaked with sweat, face paint smudged and blood rapidly congealing in his moustache and beard, hefts his belts onto his shoulders and waits for Stern to say whatever it is she came to say.

"An impressive match, Darkness."

He nods and mouths the words "thank you."

"Indeed, if that were my main event at Endgame, I'd be more than satisfied."

Tex: She's right on the money there.

"But it wasn't - we don't even have an opponent for your match at Endgame, let alone one of the calibre you just faced. So I guess I have a few choices here." She starts to pace up and down the stage. "On the one hand, I could declare a tournament for the number-one contendership, but there's only one show between now and Endgame. I could make a match with some of our top stars and let them fight it out, but I'd be forced to throw in your friends Dante and Freya, and we don't want either of them challenging you - least of all Dante."

Banter: Yeah! We don't need to see that crap again!

Tex: I've no doubt it would be another amazing match, but I'm inclined to agree with you and Stern, Banter. A third Darkness vs. Dante match would rather be labouring the point perhaps.

"For a while, I considered giving you the option of picking your own opponent, which is what happened with Dante last year...but we know what that led to, and what it would probably lead to again. I'm sure you'd just pick Dante or Freya, and that's the same problem I just avoided."

Darkness shrugs in the ring, indicating that he can see her point in that instance.

"So what to do? There's no one left, is there? You've beaten them all, Darkness, and those you haven't just aren't ready to take you on yet - not in the biggest match of the year. I was disappointed, because after meticulously planning Road to Glory as I did, it seemed such a shame to be losing Indigo to FWRFed. I've no doubt she'll beat Bathory at Heatwave, so it looks like it's goodbye to my secret weapon..."

The fans are booing Stern as she shakes her head. Darkness continues to stare at her from the ring, holding his belts low in his hands now.

"...or is it?"

Tex: Huh?

Banter: What's she talking about?

"See, what I would have done if an FWRFed wrestler had won Road to Glory was award the TCW title shot to whichever of our roster did the best. But that was Indigo - and she took her shot to FWRFed. I've been screwed either way. But then I started looking at it from the other direction. Indigo is still a member of TCW. She won Road to Glory. Isn't it my duty as Commissioner to give the title shot to the best qualified person? The person who eliminated you to win Road to Glory, Darkness?"

Cain: Hold on a second. Is she saying what I think she's saying?

"Tecnically...technically..." Stern continues, "even though Indigo has cashed in her title shot over in FWRFed, I can give a shot at your belts to anyone I choose. I can, I should, indeed I must, give it to the person who I know for a fact can beat you. Someone who will bring the goods at Endgame and who earned a shot fair and square...even if she used it in the wrong promotion, in my not-so-humble opinion."

Banter: She can't be serious!

Tex: I don't believe what I'm hearing!

Stern smiles. "Whatever happens at FWRFed Heatwave can happen - but at TCW Endgame, it's going to be Darkness defending the 411fed and ECF Unified World's Heavyweight Championship against...

...INDIGO!"

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZUNvcU93UM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZUNvcU93UM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Cain: Oh my God! Indigo versus Darkness at Endgame!

Banter: This is crazy!

Tex: Crazy - or inspired. Indigo challenges for FWRFed's World Title at Heatwave, which is scheduled to take place before Endgame. If she wins, it's going to be Champion versus Champion in the Endgame main event!

Cain: Indigo could become the first person to unify the World Titles! A Triple-Crown Champion!

Indigo steps out onto the stage. Her face is impassive. She locks eyes with Darkness, and the two stare each other down as her music plays.

Tex: Folks, that's all we have time for tonight! What a night it's been - the Endgame main event has been confirmed, and it might potentially rock the very foundations of the sport!

Cain: Goodnight!

<center>Image Image</center>

Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]