[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - TCW/FWRfed Road to Glory in Lima, Peru (August 24 2008)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 TCW/FWRfed Road to Glory in Lima, Peru (August 24 2008) 
Commissioner

Post TCW/FWRfed Road to Glory in Lima, Peru (August 24 2008)
Backstage, the door from the parking lot opens and a figure in a black leather jacket walks in. It could be any of half a dozen individuals in the Road to Glory, but as the camera pans up we see that it is none other than the 411fed and ECF Unified World's Heavyweight Champion, Darkness. The crowd pops.

Darkness rounds the corner of the corridor and bumps into two people and a baby carriage. He blinks for a second.

"Dante?"

"Darkness." Jason Dante smiles broadly. "I have someone here for you to meet."

"For me to meet?" He frowns, but then realises what his former stable mate means.

Dante reaches into the carriage past Selenia and carefully lifts out a small white bundle. Small fists clench and wave around as Dante carries his daughter towards Darkness.

"This," he says, lifting the pale child to where Darkness can see her, "is Meagan."

"She's beautiful." Darkness smiles at the baby and waves a finger in her face.

"Isn't she?"

"Listen, Jason, I know we haven't talked in a while..."

"It's okay. I understand. We've both had other things going on." Dante passes Meagan back to Selenia.

"I've been thinking though. About the Club. We've come a long way since Endgame last year, albeit separately."

"You think it might be time for a reunion?"

"Maybe. Think about it anyway."

Dante nods and Darkness takes his leave. Selenia steps closer to her husband, cradling Meagan. The Dante family watch Darkness leave.

"Do you think it's going to come down to the two of you again?" Selenia asks.

"I don't know. Part of me hopes so, and part of me doesn't..."

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ULg9Hu_ECQA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ULg9Hu_ECQA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

*FWOOOOOOOOOOSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOSSH*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOSSH!*

Coming to you live from Estadio Monumental 'U', in Lima, Peru!

Image Image Image</center>

Grant Western: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to TCW and FWRFed present Road to Glory! For those who don't know me, my name is Grant Western, and I'm the play-by-play announcer for FWRFed. With me tonight - and let me say, it's a real honour to be sharing an announcers' booth with a personal hero of mine - it's Tex Tantrum.

Tex Tantrum: Thank you very much, Grant. What a night it's going to be. TCW and FWRFed promoting a show together for the first time in history. I'm one third of TCW's usual play-by-play team, but I've left my colleagues at home tonight in favour of a very special colour commentator. A TCW icon, the Aftershock Superstar: David Hardy.

David Hardy: Hey, it's great to be here. My first time announcing at a show, and I gotta say, you couldn't have maybe picked something with a little less pressure, huh?

Grant: Haha, yeah, it's one hell of a way to start a career, Dave. You'll be offering your unique perspective on events as a veteran of TCW who has been in the ring with most of their stars, and also as a newcomer to FWRFed.

Hardy: I won't pretend I know much about FWRFed, but I'm willing to learn!

Tex: Let's just take a moment to explain the arrangements here this evening, and how things will work. As you can see, we have not one but two entrances set up - one for TCW and one for FWRFed. Two ramps, two stages, two ‘trons.

Grant: That's right, and once the Road to Glory starts, the entrants are going to alternate. TCW won the coin toss to start off, so the first entrant will be a member of that fed, and will enter from the TCW stage. Next an FWRFed entrant will come out from the FWRFed stage, then it's back to TCW and so on.

Hardy: Couldn't be simpler!

Tex: Folks, I can't overstate how excited, how honoured we are to be presenting this show tonight. It's a real privilege to welcome our friends in FWRFed to this TCW event and I hope that all this talk of war can be put aside after the show and we can go forward in the spirit of cooperation.

Hardy: Screw that! Let's have a fight!

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:51 pm
Commissioner

<center>The TCW and FWRFed Road to Glory</center>

Sammy Eubanks is in the ring. The lights dip, and he's bathed in a spotlight.

Sammy: Ladies and gentlemen...the following contest is the TCW AND FWRFED ROOOOOOOAD TOOOOOOOO GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The crowd surges to its feet and cheers madly at the announcement.

Grant: This it. The moment we've been waiting for for months.

Tex: The fans in Lima are ready to see this. The fans around the world are ready to see this. The match to end all matches, perhaps.

Hardy: I'm tingly. How about you? Are you tingly, Tex?

Tex: Uh...a bit...

Sammy: In this match, the competitors will each enter at ninety-second intervals, alternating between TCW and FWRFed. Once in the ring, the only way to be eliminated is to be thrown over the top rope and have both feet touch the floor. The last competitor left in the ring will win a shot at the 411fed and ECF Unified World's Championship, or the FWRFed World's Heavyweight Championship at either TCW Endgame or FWRFed Heatwave or, if the winner is the holder of one of those titles, the opportunity to select a challenger of their choice.

Tex: Those are the stakes, folks. Two title shots on the line.

Hardy: And it doesn't matter what fed the winner is in, right? They can choose either belt?

Grant: Exactly. Brent Powers knows that all too well, because this could be Indigo's ticket back into FWRFed.

Sammy: And now, the competitor who drew the number one slot...

The arena goes black. "Stronger" by Kanye West starts to play and the Twistedtron displays the letters ‘ECF'. Lights flash and then...the Masked Man is in the ring!

Tex: Oh my goodness!

Grant: The Masked Man! TCW fans will have seen him all over the website these past weeks. He claims to fight for the honour of ECF.

Hardy: Seems a weird way of doing it.

Tex: Now, enlighten me here, Grant, because I'm not the expert. Wasn't there a Masked Man in FWRFed?

Grant: Yes there was, and he turned out to be Acid Jackrabbit.

Hardy: An ECF veteran...

Grant: Right.

Tex: So do you think this may be the very same Masked Man? In other words, could it be Jackrabbit under there?

Grant: I don't know, but if Malaki enters any time soon, there's going to be some fireworks.

Sammy: And now, the competitor who drew second...

"Enemy" by Godsmack starts and the Revolutiontron springs into life.

Hardy: What are the chances?

Grant: Oh my. This is going to be something...

Malaki storms down the FWRFed ramp diving into the ring to attack Masked Man. He brings him down with a spear and starts laying into him with vicious right hands. Masked Man manages to kick his way free and roll up to his feet, but Malaki is on him again, furiously assaulting him.

Grant: For months, Malaki's career and the future of FWRFed were threatened by this individual - if indeed it is the same Masked Man - and the former World Champion is just going crazy.

Tex: Malaki is one of the favourites in the polls on RoadtoGlory.com, but he's going to exhaust himself if he keeps this up.

Malaki stomps Masked Man down and then hauls him up. He whips him across the ring and looks for the Omega Drop, but Masked Man counters with a kick to the gut. He grabs Malaki and looks for an ace crusher, but Malaki pushes him away.

Hardy: Hey, that's my move!

Grant: And the Masked Man's! Malaki recovered his title by using exactly that counter! Except he did it off a ladder...

Masked Man ducks a clothesline and runs Malaki over the top rope.

Tex: An elimination!

But Malaki holds on to the top rope and skins the cat, pulling himself back into the ring.

The countdown appears on the Twistedtron...

Bzzzt!

"Sons of Plunder" by Disturbed plays, and out walks the mysterious Specter. He walks to the ring as Malaki and Masked Man continue to brawl.

Hardy: Now who is this guy supposed to be?

Tex: I believe his name is Specter, one of TCW's newest signings.

Hardy: He any good?

Tex: I guess we're about to see...

Specter enters the ring and goes right for Malaki. He hauls him off Masked Man and throws him into the corner. He lays in some big chops and then hiptosses him out. Next he turns to Masked Man, charging towards him with a clothesline, but Masked Man ducks and Specter's momentum carries him over the top rope and down to the floor!

Elimination 1: Specter

Hardy: So...not so great then?

Tex: I guess not.

Grant: An inauspicious debut for Specter, but this match has barely started.

As Masked Man recovers, Malaki takes advantage, hitting him with rights and lefts. He hits him with a clothesline and Masked Man tumbles over the top rope.

Tex: And now Masked Man is gone!

Grant: Not quite.

Masked Man's feet find the apron. Malaki has turned away and Masked Man hops back in the ring and floors him with a forearm. He signals and picks Malaki up, but Malaki counters with an elbow to the gut and then the Blackjack.

Tex: It looks to me like Malaki has no doubt that this Masked Man is the very same man who tormented him.

Hardy: He's gonna look awful foolish if it isn't.

The countdown appears on the Revolutiontron...

Bzzzt!

"Rinne" by Ouigi Aina plays and Izumi jumps out and then runs down the ramp.

Grant: FWRFed's Izumi is more than ready to get involved in this match.

Hardy: Hmmm...think she'd enjoy being a RoXeTtE?

Tex: Are there still RoXeTtEs now there's no RoXoRz?

Hardy: A RoXeTtE is for life, not just for the after party.

Izumi dives into the ring and goes right for the Masked Man. She brings him down with an arm drag, then follows up with a snapmare. Masked Man is reeling and she hops up for a hurracanrana.

Tex: Izumi is Inferno's manager in TCW, but she's been in active competition in FWRFed. Maybe you can tell us more about that, Grant?

Grant: Well, she's been impressive so far. Her tag partner Odin King isn't in the Road to Glory, but she also has an ally in Tommy Laughlin.

Hardy: That name sounds really familiar...

Grant: Well he was the Revolution Champion.

Masked Man staggers against the ropes and Izumi plays to the crowd, but Malaki is right behind her and cuts her off with a big scoop slam. She emits a high-pitched squeal as she hits the mat and Malaki lifts her right back up again and whips her towards the ropes. The momentum carries her over, but she holds on and pulls herself back in.

Tex: I thought that may have been our second elimination there.

Grant: I think Izumi may surprise everyone with her performance here tonight.

Hardy: And in my dressing room tonight!

Tex: I think she's more of a Darkness fan, Dave.

Masked Man goes after Malaki and tries to tip him over the ropes, but Malaki kicks him away.

Bzzzt!

"Blood Red Summer" by Coheed and Cambria plays and Freya walks out onto the stage to a big pop from the fans.

Tex: Now when you talk about favourites, this is one girl whose name I've seen bandied about a lot.

Grant: And with good reason. Freya certainly has the goods to go all the way.

Hardy: I...no, that's actually too easy for me.

Grant: Too easy? I didn't think that was in your vocabulary, Dave.

Hardy: Hahaha. Burn!

Freya dives into the ring and starts unloading on whoever gets in her way. She dropkicks Malaki, then dropkicks Izumi and then dropkicks Masked Man. She lifts Masked Man by the head and runs him out over the top ropes.

Tex: Masked Man eliminated!

But he hits the apron and grabs the bottom rope. As Freya turns away, he rolls in and lies low against the canvas. Malaki gets behind Freya and puts her in a sleeper. She struggles for a while, but then manages to flip her way free and kicks him in the gut, sending him staggering back into the corner.

Tex: Malaki was trying a submission hold there. Obviously submissions don't count in the Road to Glory.

Hardy: No, but I can tell you first hand how a submission can wear you down. Even if you don't tap, it can but a serious dent in your chances of victory.

Bzzzt!

"All About The Benjamins" plays, and William Shamrock saunters out with his usual annoying smirk. He is almost universally booed.

Hardy: What an asshole. And that's a pretty big deal coming from me.

Grant: Shamrock is not the most popular competitor in this match, but I doubt very much he'll let that bother him.

Shamrock climbs into the ring and goes for Malaki who is slumped down in the corner. He picks him up, but Malaki punches him in the face. Masked Man comes from behind and grabs a full nelson and Malaki pounds on the unfortunate Corporation-member.

Tex: Malaki and Masked Man seem to have put aside their differences to deal with Shamrock.

Hardy: That's because he's such an asshole. Seriously.

Izumi has Freya in a front-facelock. She tries to lift her into a suplex, but Freya counters and dumps Izumi to the mat. Freya lifts Izumi easily, causing the smaller woman to kick her legs furiously as she's lifted towards the ropes. Freya tries to throw her out, but Izumi catches her with her knee and kicks out, sending Freya tumbling away.

Malaki and Masked Man are now trying to muscle Shamrock out over the ropes, but he's being annoyingly persistent and has a firm hold on the top rope, with both arms wrapped around it.

Tex: Shamrock really does not want to be eliminated.

Grant: His job might be on the line - Powers has made it clear he thinks of Red as the Corporate Champion, so Shamrock is here to impress his boss.

Hardy: What an asshole.

Bzzzt!

"I AM THE GOD OF HELL'S FIRE!"

The crowd pops, assuming it's Dante, but instead "Fire" by the Crazy World of Arthur Brown plays and a skinny little fella jumps out, waving crazily.

Tex: It's Pyro!

Hardy: Oh God...

Pyro skips to the ring, waving at the fans who are kind of glad to see him, but feel the music thing was still sort of disingenuous. Pyro jumps up onto the apron and then into the ring, only to walk right into a dropkick from Izumi that sends him over and out!

Elimination 2: Pyro

Tex: Oh...

Pyro looks pretty sad, but then shrugs philosophically and heads to the back. In the ring, Izumi joins the fight to eliminate Shamrock. Freya hangs back, watching. Izumi, Masked Man and Malaki push him and finally manage to get him to release the top rope. He lands on the apron and they stomp him, but now he has a grip on the bottom rope instead.

Grant: Shamrock will not go!

Hardy: Like a turd that won't flush...

Grant: You really hate him, don't you?

Hardy: With the fire of a thousand suns. I'm not sure why.

Malaki and Masked Man seem to suddenly realise they're working together and turn on each other. Masked Man whips Malaki and follows him, but Malaki lifts him up with a back body drop. He goes over, but lands on the apron and, as Malaki turns, hits him with a springboard heel kick.

Bzzzt!

"Long Road to Ruin" by the Foo Fighters plays and, to a great reaction, out walks Tommy Laughlin.

Grant: The Kamikaze Kid is about to make his mark on the Road to Glory!

Hardy: Are you sure someone else doesn't have that name?

Grant: We'd surely have heard about it if they did.

Laughlin immediately goes after Freya, taking her down with a clothesline. He then drops Masked Man with a leg lariat and finally hammer Malaki with a forearm smash. He storms around the ring for a moment, getting the crowd fired up. Izumi claps and grins, and they slap hands. Izumi points at Masked Man. Nodding in agreement to whatever she says, Laughlin grabs the mysterious individual and Izumi advances on him.

Tex: Could we be about to find out who lurks beneath that mask?

Hardy: What happens if it is Jackrabbit?

Grant: I have no idea!

Izumi wrestles with Masked Man as Laughlin holds his arms and slowly, she peels off the mask, revealing...

Tex: Oh my God!

Hardy: Hang on a second...

Grant: Is that who I think it is?

It's none other than Twisted Brown!

Tex: Twisted Brown! Not Jackrabbit, but Jackrabbit's own son and an ECF legend!

Hardy: Whoa!

Grant: I can't believe it. Twisted Brown has returned, and he's in this match!

Izumi lifts the mask in triumph, but Laughlin is staring down at Twisted with his mouth open. He staggers back and Twisted picks himself up. He grins at Laughlin and holds his arms apart, as if expecting a hug.

Tex: What's going on here? Do these two men know each other?

Grant: I have no idea.

Bzzzt!

"Alive" by POD plays, and Pat WoW appears.

Tex: Pat is the next man to enter!

Hardy: Go Pat!

Pat charges into the ring, and is intercepted by Freya who takes him down with a drop toehold. Laughlin is still stunned as Twisted Brown advances on him. He's still asking for that hug, but then he punches Laughlin right in the jaw. The two men trade blows.

Grant: I don't know what's going on between these two, but there's obviously some history we don't know about.

Hardy: Maybe it's just because Laughlin is an FWRFed guy?

Tex: Surely he'd go after Shamrock too then?

Hardy: Yeah... plus that's guy's a total asshole.

Twisted floors Laughlin with his last punch, and then Izumi jumps on his back. She tries to bear him down, but obviously isn't heavy enough. Twisted grabs her by the hair and yanks her over his back and then down hard to the mat.

Malaki is now stomping down Shamrock who is still in the ropes. He tries to push him out, but Shamrock has an iron grip on that bottom rope.

Bzzzt!

"A Country Boy Can Survive" by Hank Williams Jr. plays, and out comes the FWRFed Revolution Champion, Red Barker. He tips his hat as he swaggers slowly down the ring, assessing the situation.

Grant: Red Barker won the Revolution Title from Tommy Laughlin and allegedly put his mentor Julio Fantastico in the hospital.

Hardy: So I guess there's some bad blood then?

Tex: Some, I would think.

Red teams up with Twisted once he gets in the ring and they both go after Laughlin. Elsewhere, Pat charges Freya but gets lifted up into a back body drop and dumped to the outside.

Elimination 3: Pat WoW

Hardy: Aww, poor Pat.

Tex: Only the third elimination in this match so far. We still have a long way to go.

Twisted chokes Laughlin on the mat as Red casts around for anyone he knows to fight. He grabs Malaki from behind and hits him with a huge clothesline. Malaki goes down, clutching his head and Shamrock, now safer, extricates himself from the ropes and stands up. He slaps Red on the shoulder.

Grant: A touching Corporation reunion...

But then Red rounds on Shamrock and clotheslines him with enough force to send him tumbling over the top rope and out of the ring.

Elimination 4: William Shamrock

Tex: Oh my!

Hardy: Tough luck, Shamrock, you goddamn asshole.

Grant: I guess Red has made his feelings for his alleged team-mate very clear.

Bzzzt!

"Junior Kickstart" by the Go Team plays and out comes the mammoth form of Cage, representing Duo. Elsie walks beside him and, in contrast to her usual peppiness, she has a determined and grim look on her face.

Tex: Twisted Brown is no longer the only second generation star hanging around - that's Lance Canada's daughter with Cage.

Hardy: Yeah, she reminds me of her dad - all pissed off and angry looking.

Grant: Cage will be doing the fighting tonight though, I assume.

Tex: That's the usual arrangement with this unorthodox team.

Cage climbs into the ring and immediately makes his mark by slamming an elbow into Freya. He lifts her up high into the air and goes to throw her out, but she slips out of his grip and dropkicks him in the back of the knee. He staggers and Freya slumps against the ropes, only for Elsie to jump up onto the apron and slap her hands to the side of her head.

Tex: We've seen this before!

Freya's eyes go wide, but she yanks herself away from Elsie's grip and the referees remove forcibly remove her from the apron. Freya staggers back and falls to the canvas though.

Red and Twisted have teamed up again to attack Laughlin, but now Malaki is up. He pulls Red down to the mat and starts beating on him. Twisted tries to save his ally, but Izumi, who has been watching from the corner for a while, charges him. He sees her coming and kicks her in the gut before lifting her into a powerbomb. He's perilously close to the ropes.

Grant: Izumi could about to be thrown right out!

Hardy: I have an ice pack! Everything will be fine!

But Izumi reverses the powerbomb into hurracanrana and sends Twisted flipping over the ropes. He grabs hold of the top rope as he falls, halting his progress inches from the floor. His feet waggle comically in the air for a moment, and then he laboriously pulls himself upwards and back into the ring.

Bzzzt!

"Crazy Train" plays, and Alex Lee walks out.

Hardy: Who?

Grant: Alex Lee is one of FWRFed's top...well...he's a star, certainly.

Hardy: Like a brown dwarf?

Grant: No, he's not a dwarf.

Alex Lee enters the ring, and is picked up by Cage who drives him into the mat with a slam.

Tex: I...uh...I don't think Alex Lee will be getting up any time soon...

Malaki has Red against the ropes. He tries to muscle him over, but Red hits him in the gut and head butts him down. Laughlin charges Red and nearly gets lifted over the ropes, but is able to grab hold of Red. Both men teeter worryingly, but Izumi makes the save, dragging Laughlin back in by his leg and coincidentally saving Red too.

Tex: Laughlin and Izumi still seem to be working together in this match.

Grant: They're quite a pairing, but it's every one for themselves in the Road to Glory. They have to remember that.

Hardy: But having allies is useful. Did you know Infinity formed out of an alliance made during the 2006 Road to Glory?

Grant: I did know that actually.

Hardy: Oh.

Cage has Freya up in the air again, but she wriggles out of his grip and lands behind him. Elsie shouts out a warning, but it's too late and Freya hits the Backcracker.

Tex: Oh! Cage just got taken out by a huge move from Freya!

Grant: It may take more than that to stop a man this size. Sheer mass is a huge factor in this match.

Tex: Right. If you can't be lifted up, you can't be eliminated.

Bzzzt!

"Cream-Infinite" by Eminem plays, and DeSean Blackwell walks out.

Tex: Here comes The Technician. You were just talking about Infinity, Dave...

Hardy: I don't want to talk about it.

Grant: Then I will. DeSean is the Aftershock Champion, and he...

Hardy: He's an asshole! That's what he is. I hope he goes out right away. I hope Cage sits on him. I hope Izumi eliminates him with her pinky finger.

DeSean enters the ring, making a beeline for Twisted Brown, who is recovering in one corner and trying to stay away from his enemies for the time being. DeSean drags him back into the ring and drops him with a snap suplex. He lays in stomps and Laughlin and Izumi both join in. Cage and Malaki are going at it on the other side of the ring. Cage tries to lock in The Cage, but Malaki head butts his way free and they both go down.

Tex: It's a bad day to be Twisted Brown...

Grant: He made a lot of enemies as the Masked Man these past weeks, and now he's revealed himself I guess he's reaping the dubious rewards of being himself.

Hardy: You see what nostalgia gets you? You see what living in the past gets you? ECF my ass.

Twisted tries to shield himself from the three-person assault, but it's Red who proves to be his unlikely saviour. He wades in and scoop slams Izumi, then forearms DeSean and finally kicks Laughlin in the gut before rearing back for a huge clothesline.

Grant: It looks like Red's going for The End!

He flips Laughlin inside-out with his finisher, but no sooner has he stood up than Freya flies out of nowhere and drives him into the mat with a tornado DDT. She bounces back up, but now DeSean is up too and the two of them trade blows.

Tex: Old rivalries are bubbling to the surface tonight - it's NHFC versus Infinity in the ring.

Hardy: Yeah, and for once I hope it goes the same way it did in real life.

Freya ducks a punch from DeSean and then drops to the mat, tripping him with a drop toehold. She locks in a side headlock.

Bzzzt!

"Remember" by Disturbed plays, and Stryker X jogs out from the entrance and down the FWRFed ramp.

Grant: Stryker X makes his debut in the biggest match of the year!

Hardy: Now who does he remind me of?

Stryker X enters the ring to find almost everyone down, he looks for a target, then Freya provides him with one by jumping up and hitting an enziguri. He drops to his knees and down to the mat. Izumi crawls into one corner and slumps down. Twisted Brown, in the centre of the ring, slowly rolls over onto his back. Laughlin knees DeSean in the gut and looks for a suplex, but DeSean counters with a headlock takedown.

Tex: I think Twisted may be unconscious.

Hardy: So why does no one eliminate him?

Grant: I don't think anyone else is in shape to take advantage.

Malaki leans against the ropes, breathing hard. He looks across the ring to see Red doing exactly the same thing. Their eyes meet. Red roars and charges, trying for The End again, but Malaki ducks it and, as Red turns around, picks him up and hits the Omega Drop!

Tex: It's carnage in the ring!

Malaki and Red are both down. DeSean is stomping Stryker X in the corner as Freya watches from a safe distance.

Bzzzt!

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2q6G0CV38E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2q6G0CV38E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

There is a thunderous cheer as Jason Dante walks out through the dying flames of his entrance pyro.

Tex: Dante is here! Dante, the man who won Road to Glory last year and the year before, has arrived!

Hardy: Things are about to heat up, I think...

Grant: Dante is a new father, and he's had problems securing wins of late. Is his head in the game and will Freya be is ally or enemy in this match?

Dante climbs into the ring and exchanges a look with Freya. They both nod and turn to everyone else in the ring.

Tex: I think you have your answer, Grant!

Dante and Freya charge. Malaki goes down to a right hand from Dante. Freya hits Laughlin with a drop kick. Dante grabs Cage by the back of his massive head and tries to run him out of the ring, but he's just too huge and Dante can't get enough momentum to throw him out. Freya goes for Izumi with the same tactic and does a lot better, but she counters with a rake to the eyes.

Grant: Twisted Brown has barely moved in the last few minutes.

Hardy: Yeah, I think he might be dead or something.

Dante hits an uppercut on DeSean and then lifts him up onto his shoulders. He poses for a moment and the crowd cheers as he brings DeSean down into the mat with a Death Valley Driver.

Tex: Dante has to be the favourite in this match, and he's impressive so far.

Grant: But his luck could change in an instant - it's time for another competitor!

Bzzzt!

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSrQR-WUjZU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSrQR-WUjZU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Tex: Oh my!

Grant: It's Mohawk! The man who has brutalised the FWRFed roster this past month! He used to be a gentle giant, but he's transformed into a monster thanks to this situation with Indigo.

Hardy: It's always a woman's fault, isn't it?

Mohawk storms out as his pyros erupt and thunders down to the ring through a chorus of boos. He jumps into the ring and immediately sets upon Alex Lee, forgotten to one side of the ring since Cage took him out and hurls him over the ropes to the outside.

Elimination 5: Alex Lee

Next he turns to Stryker X, lifting him up into a suplex and then dumping him out of the ring too.

Elimination 6: Stryker X

Grant: Mohawk is thinning the ranks!

Hardy: All these no-hope scrubs had better watch out!

Dante is brawling with Cage again, and he finally manages to unbalance him and send him out over the top rope.

Elimination 7: Cage

Tex: Three eliminations in quick succession, and now we have a Road to Glory!

Mohawk ducks down. As Dante turns around, he smashes into him with a spear.

Grant: Spear!

DeSean wander into Mohawk's sights...

Malaki goes for Mohawk, but the giant rounds on him...

Red staggers upright...

Freya, Izumi, Laughlin and Twisted Brown all follow in quick succession and now Mohawk is the only man left standing.

Tex: Mohawk just speared everyone in this match! Surely this is academic now - he can eliminate them at will!

Mohawk roars in defiance and the crowd boo loudly.

Tex: Who can stop this monster?!

Bzzzt!

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Mwo2lGdXU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Mwo2lGdXU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Mohawk stares down at the ramp, interrupted in his attempts to clear the ring of opponents. As the chanting of the crowd reaches deafening volume, he looks around wildly.

Tex: This is ethereal!

Grant: When you talk about dominant forces, when you talk about undefeated streaks, there are two names that come up in current wrestling, and it looks like they're about to meet face to face.

Darkness's pyro explodes and he strides out. The cheering intensifies as Darkness walks down the TCW ramp, the thousands of Darklings in attendance going insane for their hero. Mohawk roars again, beckoning Darkness down to face him. Darkness obliges, diving into the ring, and they go at it straight away. Mohawk pounds Darkness down, staggering him, then backs up...

Tex: Mohawk just took Darkness out with that spear!

Mohawk jumps up and bellows in triumph. The crowd show their contempt, but the boos suddenly turn to cheers as Darkness climbs to his feet and cracks his neck.

Hardy: You'll have to do better than that, Mohawk!

Mohawk looks at Darkness, astonished, and the 411fed and ECF World Champion goes after him, battling him to the ropes. He rears back for a superkick, but Mohawk ducks and Darkness gets hung up in the ropes. Laughlin is up and fills in for Darkness, smashing Mohawk in the jaw with the Kamikaze Kick!

Grant: Mohawk is down!

Everyone begins to pick themselves up again. Twisted Brown staggers up to his feet and slumps into a corner. Izumi and Laughlin collect themselves on one side and DeSean warily joins them. Meanwhile Red and Malaki, seeing the remaining participants in the match splitting into factions, stand apart and begin conferring in low voices. Dante and Freya help untangle Darkness from the ropes.

Tex: It looks like everyone is partnering up in the ring. This may be a wise strategy.

Bzzzt!

"Believe" by The Bravery plays and Rayne Hart walks out gingerly.

Hardy: Maybe not the best time to be coming into this match...

Hart reaches the ring, and climbs in, but it's not his day as every faction immediately goes for him and he's more chased than thrown from the ring.

Elimination 8: Rayne Hart

Darkness, Freya and Dante are on one side of the ring. They crack knuckles and start to advance.

Tex: It's an NHFC reunion! The three biggest names in TCW are all on the same page in this match!

The other participants, minus Mohawk, who is down by the ropes after the devastating Kamikaze Kick, club together out of necessity. The whole ring erupts into a huge brawl, with the NHFC going for anyone who gets in their way. Darkness and Laughlin go at it. Laughlin goes for the Kamikaze Kick again, but Darkness ducks it, spins around and hits a superkick of his own that lifts Laughlin off his feet and sends him tumbling out over the ropes.

Elimination 9: Tommy Laughlin

Tex: Darkness eliminates Tommy Laughlin!

Grant: Perhaps the first big elimination in this match, but Laughlin had a good showing in this intense match.

Hardy: Both of those superkicks sucked compared to mine though, I hope you realise that.

Mohawk is up now, and Twisted Brown pulls himself together long enough to jump onto him, clinging onto his back for dear life. Mohawk throws himself back into the corner, sandwiching Twisted between his body and the turnbuckle.

Tex: Ouch!

Hardy: I think he's dead again...

Bzzzt!

"Battle Without Honour Or Humanity" plays, and Ryan Lee emerges from the entrance.

Tex: Another competitor making his debut tonight - this is the mysterious Ryan Lee.

Hardy: Hey, he looks like that guy!

Tex: Kermit?

Hardy: Oh, yeah...a little. I was thinking of that actor though.

Ryan Lee wastes no time going for the NHFC faction once he's in the ring. He fights Darkness to the ropes, but Dante drags him away. He head butts him, then flips him around and drives him down to the mat with the Broken Reflection!

Grant: Oh my goodness!

Hardy: Goodness has nothing to do with it...

Dante stands up, then gets another spear from Mohawk.

Hardy: This guy's kind of a one-trick-pony, huh?

Grant: Well he certainly likes his spears.

Izumi is sitting in one corner, watching everyone carefully. Her eyes focus on Darkness and she narrows her gaze, but doesn't do anything yet. Red and Malaki's temporary alliance falls apart as abruptly as it formed, and the two rivals begin brawling again, Red shoving Malaki into the corner and laying in vicious rights and lefts. Freya notices DeSean lying on one side of the ring and she heaves him up, attempting to throw him out, but he responds with a forearm and she goes down.

Tex: Boy, I wouldn't even know where to start picking a potential winner here.

Grant: It's what you'd call a "pick ‘um", right, Tex?

Tex: Yes it is, Grant. Good job on the accent there.

Bzzzt!

"Feel So Numb" by Rob Zombie plays, and the manic form of Shane Sharp charges down the FWRFed ramp.

Grant: This is the man they call "The Adrenaline Junkie".

Hardy: Why?

Grant: Uh...well I guess he really likes adrenaline...?

Sharp dives headfirst into the ring and hurls himself towards the nearest opponent, which happens to be Red, with no concern for his own safety. He flails at Red before the cowboy gets a grip on the smaller man and throws him unceremoniously over the top rope.

Elimination 10: Shane Sharp

Red watches Sharp land on the outside in a crumpled him with satisfaction, and Malaki takes advantage of the distraction to upend him and tip him up and over the ropes.

Elimination 11: Red Barker

Grant: The Revolution Champion is taken out by Malaki!

Tex: A good showing by Red, but it's not his night tonight.

Hardy: Looks like we're really starting to separate the wheat from the chaff now.

Darkness, Dante and Freya all go after Mohawk, fighting him to the ropes. DeSean stomps Ryan Lee down. He tries to lift him, but Lee counters with a kick. DeSean staggers back and Lee flies at him with a flurry of martial arts strikes.

Tex: Impressive stuff from this newcomer.

Bzzzt!

"Battle Of One" plays, and the crowd goes crazy for Matt Strikmore.

Tex: It's the man that many people expect to win this match! Matt Strikmore is determined to make his mark tonight.

Grant: And I've no doubt he will.

Strikmore enters the ring carefully, avoiding the other brawlers. He spies Twisted Brown lying on one side and picks him up. There's a brief scuffle, but the fresh Strikmore takes advantage and muscles Twisted over the ropes and out.

Elimination 12: Twisted Brown (The Masked Man)

Tex: And it's goodbye to the ECF legend. He took a serious beating in this match.

Hardy: It just goes to show.

Grant: Show what?

Hardy: That ECF sucks. I've always said so.

DeSean hits the Hangman's DDT on Ryan Lee, then turns his attention to Strikmore. The two legendary rivals face off for a second before going at it hammer and tongs. They trade furious blows, with neither man gaining any advantage. Elsewhere, Malaki gets the Blackjack on Darkness. Mohawk shoulder blocks Freya, sending her flying. Izumi jumps onto Mohawk's back, but he just hurls her off, sending her crashing into Dante.

Tex: So many dominant stars are still in this match - with so many more to come.

Grant: When you get the two feds together like this, it's just impossible to predict how it will go down.

Mohawk grabs DeSean and throws him into the corner. Strikmore stands back, then cracks his neck. Mohawk turns to him slowly.

Tex: I believe Strikmore is on record as saying that he was going to go for the biggest, ugliest guy in FWRFed and punch him out...

Hardy: I think he's found him!

Strikmore punches Mohawk, but Mohawk just snaps back and grins. Another punch, but Mohawk doesn't even seem to feel it. Strikmore backs away, holding up his hands and trying to grin disarmingly. Mohawk takes a step forward, then Strikmore springs at him and hits the Ring Slinger out of nowhere!

Grant: Strikmore just took Mohawk down! He suckered him in!

Hardy: Devious bastard!

Bzzzt!

"Never Gonna Stop" by Ozzy Osbourne plays and Preston Michales walks out. He enters the ring and Malaki kicks him in the gut. He nearly eliminates him, but Michales grabs the ropes and holds on tight.

DeSean and Stikmore go back and forth again. Darkness and Freya confer in one corner, and Dante is on the opposite side, having extricated himself from Izumi, who's now down near the ropes.

Tex: It looks like the NHFC are planning another assault.

Hardy: Yeah, those guys are sneaky, I can tell you that firsthand.

Grant: Talking of hands, I believe you had a whole rant prepared about Darkness's prosthetic?

Hardy: Robot hand! That's all I'm saying - robot f'ing hand!

Mohawk staggers up to his feet and Darkness and Freya go after him. Mohawk pushes them both away and goes for Strikmore, but the Transcontinental Champion ducks and he crashes into DeSean instead. Malaki is still trying to get Preson Michales out.

Over on the other side of the ring, Ryan Lee pulls himself up using the ropes. Izumi charges him, but he pulls down the ropes and she goes right over and out.

Elimination 13: Izumi

Hardy: See you in my dressing room, honey!

Grant: Izumi will not walk out the winner of this match, but she had an impressive showing nonetheless. I don't think this is the last TCW fans will see of her, if the rumours backstage are to be believed.

Bzzzt!

"Spitshine" by Carfax Abbey plays again, but since Dante is already in the ring, this must be Jay Ecks.

Tex: Dante's friend and tag partner Jay Ecks is on his way out. We saw him in action against Darkness and Freya at Havoc.

Hardy: What a surprise. Maybe these guys should fight some other people now and again.

As Ecks reaches the ring, Malaki finally succeeds in eliminating Preston Michales.

Elimination 14: Preston Michales

Ecks and Dante immediately team up and go after Ryan Lee. He tries to fend them off, but Ecks is too big, Dante is too experienced and they're too cohesive a team. They bundle him over the top rope and out.

Elimination 15: Ryan Lee

Tex: Ecks and Dante are quite a team. They're the closest thing to an actual tag team we have in this match.

Hardy: What about Team Strikwell?

Grant: Um...

DeSean has Strikmore in the corner, attacking him with chops and punches. Mohawk picks up Freya and goes to throw her out of the ring, but Darkness dropkicks him in the leg and he drops her. DeSean goes up for a ten-punch, but only gets to three before Strikmore counters into a powerbomb.

Freya and Ecks go after Mohawk. They try to eliminate him, lifting him up to the ropes, but they can't get him over. Malaki joins in and they try to take the big man out.

Darkness and Dante suddenly realise they're the only two competitors not fighting and they lock eyes.

Tex: Uh oh! They were the last two in the match last year and wound up main eventing Endgame. Now they have their sights set on each other again.

This time though, Darkness grins and Dante returns the smile. They both straighten and begin to circle before locking up in the centre of the ring. There is a huge pop from the fans.

Bzzzt!

"Cowboys and Horses, Hobos and Trains" by Boxcar Willie plays and, to an amazing reaction, out comes the Crazy Hobo!

Grant: It's the Crazy Hobo! What a reaction!

Hardy: So, let me get this straight... one of FWRFed's most popular stars is a homeless man who begs for change?

Grant: That's right.

Hardy: I think we know everything we need to about your promotion now.

Hobo wanders to the ring, panhandling for change, and he gets an awful lot from the capacity crowd. With an inane grin, he collects up the shiny Peruvian coins. In the ring, Mohawk nearly goes out, but he gets a grip on Freya and yanks her over and out in his place.

Elimination 16: Freya

Tex: Freya goes out!

Grant: And what a surprise that is. Freya had to be one of the favourites in this match.

Tex: But she's lasted a long time - you can't just look at elimination order in the Road to Glory.

Hardy: She's out, guys; get over it.

Mohawk falls out as Freya does, but lands on the apron. Ecks tries to kick him off, but Mohawk scrambles up to his feet and hooks Ecks from outside the ring, before hurling him out over the ropes.

Elimination 17: Jay Ecks

Tex: Mohawk is, as they say, kicking ass and taking names in this match.

Hardy: Who says that?

Tex: Young people? How the hell would I know?

Dante and Darkness and wrestling back and forth in the centre of the ring, and haven't even noticed their respective tag partners have been eliminated. Dante looks for a piledriver, but Darkness counters with a back body drop. Hobo finally reaches the ring, and keeps out of Mohawk's way as he climbs back in from the apron.

Strikmore picks up DeSean, but gets a punch to the gut. DeSean grabs the back of his head and runs him right out of the ring!

Elimination 18: Matt Strikmore

Tex: Another big surprise! DeSean eliminates Matt Strikmore!

Strikmore rolls up to his feet on the outside and places his hands on his hips. DeSean watches him and slowly, Strikmore nods. DeSean returns the nod, and returns to the match. Strikmore claps his hands, applauding the men left in, as he heads to the back.

In the ring, Malaki kicks Mohawk in his stomach and elbows him in the back of the neck. Hobo attacks DeSean.

Bzzzt!

"Dragula" by Rob Zombie plays, and the bizarre masked figure of Sel runs out.

Hardy: Do I know this guy?

Tex: Unlikely.

Sel jumps into the ring and runs around for a bit before blundering into Dante and Darkness. The two men stare at Sel before, by unspoken consent, double-clotheslining him right out of the ring.

Elimination 19: Sel

Hardy: Bye bye, guy I've never heard of!

Malaki has Mohawk against the ropes. He tries to get him over, and Hobo wanders up to join in. DeSean is slumped against the opposite ropes. Dante whips Darkness across the ring. He hits a dropkick and Darkness nearly goes out, but manages to hang on. Dante charges and nearly gets eliminated by a back body drop, but his feet find the apron. Darkness turns around, and Dante responds with a slingshot sunset flip.

Tex: Shades of Ricky Steamboat!

Grant: There are no pinfalls in this match, of course, but a sunset flip is still a potentially damaging manoeuvre.

Bzzzt!

"mObscene" by Marilyn Manson plays, and the crowd goes insane for the FWRFed World's Heavyweight Champion, Gabriel Bathory.

Grant: It's Bathory! I believe we're now at the 26th entrant, which means there's only two more to go.

Tex: It's a huge advantage to arrive near the end of the pack, and Bathory was already a favourite.

Bathory enters the ring and joins the fight to eliminate Mohawk along with DeSean, but his doesn't sit well with Malaki, who dives on Bathory and chokes him to the mat. Mohawk kicks DeSean and Hobo away. DeSean stumbles back into Dante, and receives a Broken Reflection for his trouble. Darkness takes a breather and eyes Malaki and Bathory.

Tex: Darkness has some history with Malaki, and of course, Bathory is his counterpart in FWRFed.

Hardy: I hardly think that little toy belt they use over there is equivalent to a belt the embodies the legacies of 411fed and ECF.

Grant: I thought ECF sucked?

Hardy: It did. But FWRFed sucks more.

Darkness hauls Malaki to his feet and smashes him into the mat with the Darkness DDT. He turns to Bathory down on the canvas and, for a second, the FWRFed Champion raises his hands defensively, but Darkness extends his good hand and helps him to his feet. The two Champions stand face to face.

Hardy: Gross! Two babyface champions? Makes me sick.

Bzzzt!

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYWtP9hVE68&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYWtP9hVE68&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

The explosion of Pyro stuns everyone and everyone seems to hold their breath as Inferno appears and slowly walks down to the ring.

Tex: Inferno has arrived in this match and, so close to the end, he has to be a huge threat!

Grant: But everyone else in the ring is extremely formidable. Does Inferno have what it takes to make his mark on a field this strong?

Inferno climbs into the ring and goes straight for Darkness. There's a furious brawl, but Bathory rushes to Darkness's rescue and drags Inferno off, only to be sent reeling by a right hand. Dante attacks next, but gets dropped by a big boot. Inferno looks around for another victim, and sees DeSean slumped against the ropes.

Tex: Uh oh! DeSean was brutalised by Inferno recently!

Hardy: Aww. Bye bye, DeSean.

Inferno grabs DeSean by the throat and the Aftershock Champion tries to fight his way free, but has no strength left. Inferno lifts him up and chokeslams him right out of the ring.

Elimination 20: DeSean Blackwell

Grant: DeSean is outta here!

Hardy: That's what you get.

Tex: For beating you?

Hardy: Exactly. It's a little something called karma.

Malaki eyes Inferno from the corner and goes for him. Inferno grabs another choke, looking for a second chokeslam, but Malaki kicks him in the face as he goes up, staggering Inferno. He stumbles backwards, releasing Malaki, then gets speared as Mohawk flies from nowhere!

Tex: Oh good God!

Hardy: Where'd he come from?!

Grant: You can't take your eyes of anyone in a match like this.

Tex: Only one entrant left!

Grant: And that means that the final competitor to enter the ring - the one with the biggest advantage - is the person who started this whole thing.

Bzzzt!

"Age of Aquarius" plays and, to an immense pop, Indigo walks out.

Hardy: This chick?

Grant: You're talking about the woman who was stripped of the FWRFed World Championship.

Hardy: That sentence started so promisingly...

Tex: Indigo was the catalyst for this joint Road to Glory and perhaps, entering at number 28, she has the best chance to win this.

Grant: Except that she's walking into a ring filled with the some of the greatest talents in the history of professional wrestling.

Indigo approaches the ring slowly, getting everyone's attention. Mohawk watches her, a storm of conflicting emotions playing across his face. Darkness trips Bathory while he's distracted and locks in the Darkshooter.

Grant: This isn't the first time Darkness has locked another company's Champion in his signature hold in a Road to Glory, fact fans.

Hardy: Did I tell you you're a huge nerd yet?

Hobo brawls with Dante as Indigo enters the ring. She conspicuously ignores Mohawk, going right for Darkness. She hits him with a forearm, freeing Bathory. Mohawk bellows in rage and, casting around for a target for his fury, picks up Hobo and tries to eliminate him. Hobo fights free and Dante elbows him in the back, staggering him. Indigo and Bathory team up to go after Darkness.

Tex: No one else is coming in now - the winner will be one of these eight.

Grant: And I couldn't even begin to choose.

Malaki stomps Inferno down and then heaves him. He runs him to the ropes and over, but Inferno holds on and lands on the apron. Malaki grabs the top rope and stomps Inferno out, and he tumbles to the floor.

Elimination 21: Inferno

Tex: Inferno takes a tumble.

Hardy: And then there were seven...

Darkness superkicks Bathory and then goes to clothesline Indigo out of the ring, but she ducks. Hobo wanders across the ring, apparently oblivious to anything going in, and Indigo strikes, smashing him across the face with the Shotei.

Grant: SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardy: Oh God...

Indigo lifts the stunned Hobo up and dumps him over the top rope.

Elimination 22: Crazy Hobo

Indigo turns around slowly, and sees there are only six people left in the ring, including herself. Slowly, the participants in the match separate. Mohawk, Bathory and Malaki on one side of the ring, and Darkness, Dante and Indigo on the other.

Tex: Six competitors are left, three from each promotion, though perhaps Indigo is something of a wildcard.

Hardy: It's TCW vs. FWRFed, right ‘till the finish!

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:52 pm
Commissioner

Darkness and Bathory both step forward as the crowd reaches fever pitch. The two World Champions stare each other out, nearly coming nose-to-nose.

Grant: All hell may be about to break loose!

The tension is palpable and then, both at exactly the same time, Bathory and Darkness start throwing punches. The two groups converge instantly, all trading blows. Indigo and Malaki go back and forth, and Mohawk and Dante both crash into the corner.

Malaki staggers back at a blow from Indigo, collapsing back against the ropes. Indigo jumps up and dropkicks him, and he tumbles over and out.

Elimination 23: Malaki

Grant: Malaki has finally been eliminated - he lasted almost the entire match.

Tex: An amazing performance by him.

Dante shoves Mohawk away, and he stumbles backwards, nearly crashing into Indigo. The two former lovers turn to face one another. Neither knows what to do or say.

Hardy: Why's he just standing there? He could pick her up and throw her out easy!

Grant: I don't think Mohawk, no matter how much he's changed, would ever lay a hand on Indigo.

They just stare dumbly at one another until Dante breaks the tension by charging Mohawk and shoving him towards the ropes. He throws himself at the giant, and they both go over the ropes and crash to the floor.

Elimination 24: Mohawk

Elimination 25: Jason Dante

Tex: Dante and Mohawk both go out! And what a final three we're left with!

Grant: Two World Champions and, arguably, a third, since Indigo was never beaten.

Tex: I don't think you could ask for a more representative trio.

Mohawk and Dante both watch from the side of the ring, neither willing to leave the area while the match goes on. Bathory and Darkness are crouched in opposite corners, with Indigo between them. Bathory straightens and gestures at Darkness, seemingly asking her to ally with him against the TCW star.

Darkness cocks his head and says something to Indigo. He draws his hands across his waist, making the belt motion.

Tex: Indigo has a decision to make - she came up in FWRFed, but Bathory was the one who reaped the benefit of her firing.

Grant: And the two are old enemies. Even if Bathory has changed since Indigo left, she can't ignore over a year of intense rivalry and hatred.

Darkness advances on Bathory and, after a few seconds, Indigo joins him. Bathory bares his teeth and charges with a double-clothesline, but they both duck. Bathory spins around and Indigo and Darkness fight him to the ropes with punches. He reels against the ropes and Indigo and Darkness, perfectly in synch, hit a double dropkick. Bathory flies over the ropes and out to the floor.

Elimination 26: Gabriel Bathory

Tex: The FWRFed Champion has been taken out of contention - it's just TCW wrestlers left in the ring now! The war has been won!

Hardy: I told you they sucked.

Grant: Well hold on now - you said yourself Indigo was a wildcard. She may be under contract to TCW, but I think we both know how she'll use her title shot if she wins this...

Tex: Nonetheless...

Grant: No, Tex. I think this war is still very much alive. Indigo is FWRFed's favourite daughter, despite what our Commissioner did to her.

Tex: Well either way, we have a serious fight on our hands now.

Indigo and Darkness circle slowly. Dante, Mohawk and Bathory are still watching from the sidelines. They lock up, with Darkness quickly gaining the advantage thanks to his superior size and strength. He pushes Indigo back to he ropes, but she abruptly drops down and trips him with a drop toehold. Darkness stumbles against the ropes and Indigo lifts him by the legs. He goes over, but lands on the apron. He catches Indigo with a right hand and then jumps up onto the top rope, springboarding off and then spinning in midair into a moonsault. He crashes into Indigo and they both go down to the mat.

Tex: What a move from the World Champion! He came second last year, and will do at least that well this year.

Grant: You can bet he wants to win this though. Darkness has never won Road to Glory.

Tex: Dave, you've been in the ring with Darkness. What can Indigo do to stop him?

Hardy: Well, I'll tell you what she shouldn't do - let him bring that robot hand of his into play. I've still got the bruise on my forearm from what he did to me.

Darkness lifts Indigo up to her feet and then clamps his prosthetic hand around her throat.

Hardy: Spoke too soon...

Indigo struggles in the choke, then Darkness lifts her as he crosses to the ropes.

Tex: He's going to chokeslam her right out of the ring!

He lifts her into the air, but as he brings her down over the ropes, she grabs hold of his forearm and drags him over with her. Both competitors hit the apron. Darkness releases the choke and pulls himself upright with the ropes.

Grant: This is a precarious situation! If either of them loses their footing, they'll be eliminated!

Darkness reaches down for Indigo, but she kips up on the apron, latching her legs around his head. Darkness staggers upright, nearly losing his balance, and tries to take advantage with a powerbomb, but Indigo flexes backwards with a hurracanrana!

Tex: They're both heading out!

Hardy: What happens if they get eliminated at the same time?

But, as they rotate through the air, Indigo reaches out and grabs the bottom rope. Darkness crashes to the floor and one of Indigo's feet brushes the black protective mat, but her progress is halted by her grip on the ropes. She pulls herself up onto the apron and, as the bell rings, rolls in under the ropes.

Elimination 27: Darkness

Grant: She did it! Indigo won!

The crowd goes crazy as "Age of Aquarius" plays.

Sammy Eubanks: Ladies and gentlemen...the winner of the 2008 Road to Glory... IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tex: My God! Indigo has won this thing! The woman who started this, who was used as a pawn by Commissioner Stern to force Brent Powers into agreeing to this match, has gotten exactly what she wanted.

Hardy: I don't believe it.

Indigo staggers to her feet and, as pyros erupt from the set around here, she lifts her arms in triumph.

Grant: Indigo will gain the opportunity to challenge for either the FWRFed or 411fed and ECF World Championship. I think I can guess which she'll pick.

At the top of the FWRFed ramp, Bathory has his World Title. He lifts it up with one hand and nods slowly.

Likewise, on the TCW side, Darkness has his belts. He lifts them too and Indigo glances in his direction.

Tex: Or perhaps the choice isn't quite that simple...

The crowd still cheers madly as Indigo walks to the corner and mounts the turnbuckle.

Tex: This young woman has beaten the odds to emerge triumphant tonight and prove to the world that she's the best in the business. She is on the verge of reclaiming what is rightfully hers, or perhaps challenging for a new prize.

Grant: What a night it's been. What a match. We hope you enjoyed it at home. From FWRFed, goodnight!

Tex: And from TCW, take care!

Hardy: And from David Hardy, sweet dreams - especially the ladies!

Indigo's celebration continues as the fans in Lima chant her name over and over. Confetti rains down and she places a hand over her mouth, overwhelmed with the emotion of the situation.

<center>Image</center>

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]