[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Friction in Iquitos, Peru (June 4 2008)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Friction in Iquitos, Peru (June 4 2008) 
Commissioner

Post Friction in Iquitos, Peru (June 4 2008)
<center>Image
We are the Willing

Led By The Unknowing

Doing The Impossible

For The Ungrateful

We Have Now

Done So Much

For So Long

For So Many

With So Little

We Can Now Do Anything

With Nothing At All

I wish I would've met you
Now it's a little late
What you could've taught me
I could've saved some face
They think that your early ending
Was all wrong
For the most part they're right
But look how they all got strong
That's why I say hey man nice shot
What a good shot man
A man
Has gun
Hey man
Have fun
Nice shot
Now that the smokes gone
And the air is all clear
Those who were right there
Got a new kind of fear
You'd fight and you were right
But they were just to strong
They'd stick it in your face
And let you smell what they consider wrong
That's why I say hey man nice, nice shot
What a good shot man
A man
Has gun
Hey man
Have fun
Nice shot
I'd say
Nice shot

*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH!*

Image Image Image</center>

Tex: Hello everyone and welcome to TCW FRICTION!!

Cain: It looks like we're heading backstage to start things off!

Outside the arena, a huge black limo pulls up. A driver exits the vehicle and opens the near passenger door.

Banter: Who could it be?

Tex: Whoever they are, I guess they have some deep pockets to have a car like that...

A wide figure steps out of the limo, dressed in a pristine business suit and a pair of Armani shades. He looks around for a moment before opening the door further, and revealing a second occupant, similarly attired.

<center>Image</center>

Cain: That's William Shamrock! I thought Stern fired him?

Tex: That's true she did, Isaiah, but our fans who also watch FWRFed will know that Shamrock has been asked to check out TCW by their Commissioner, Brent Powers, in response to what he perceived as a veiled threat by our own Adam Wilson a few weeks ago.

Banter: He's probably here to defect - they all come to TCW in the end, like rats off a sinking ship!

Shamrock heads towards the arena with his large friend in tow. "Okay, Mark," he says, "let's figure out what they're planning and get the hell out of here..."

Tex: Well... That was something...

Banter: Match time!!

<center>Image Image
</center>

<center>Faint white figures paint my sleep
Please don't tell my secrets keep them hidden (you got it, you got it, you got it)
If the words that matter reach your face from floor
Will you be wondering if, or (do I need what is given or honest)
Does it cost me scarring if the words stay true
Even number your nephew (I don't want it, don't want it, don't want it anymore)
</center>

Sammy Eubanks: The following contest is scheduled for one fall...introducing first, from Oxford, England...weighing in at 143 lbs...she is the TCW BLEEDER CHAMPION...FREEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

An explosion sounds above the entrance ramp, sending golden pyro raining down.

<center>And when the answer that you want
Is in the question that you state
Come what may!
Come what may!

And when the answer that you want
Come what may!
Come what may!
</center>

Freya walks down the ramp, looking tense. She mostly ignores the fans cheering for her.

Cain: Freya looks like she has a lot on her mind tonight. Could it be connected to her non-appearance last week at Stranglehold?

Banter: Maybe she's just nervous about this match?

Tex: I've never known Freya to show the least bit of concern about an opponent. From anyone else, I might call it arrogance, but she has the credentials to back it up.

<center>In a pain that buckles out your knees
Could you stop this if I plead (you got it, you got it, you got it)
So destined I am to walk among the dark
A child in keeping secrets from (will they know what I've done in the after)
In the sought for matter when the words blame you
In a blood red summer I'll give you (I don't want it, don't want it, don't want it)
</center>

Freya climbs into the ring and paces back and forth, waiting for Dante to emerge.

<center>And when the answer that you want
Come what may!
Come what may!

And when the answer that you want
Come what may!
Come what may!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2q6G0CV38E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2q6G0CV38E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object></center>

Flames burst across the stage and, after a few moments, Dante strides through them. Red lights beat down across his pale features as more columns of fire spring up on the stage and down the sides of the entrance ramp, framing him in flickering light all the way to the ring.

Cain: Now if anyone has things on their mind, it's this man, Jason Dante.

Tex: That's right. He's been through a war with The Hunter - or, Lance Canada, I should say - and I believe that his wife, the beautiful Selenia, is due to give birth to their child any day now.

Banter: So we should be expecting Dante to skip town pretty soon, huh?

Tex: I wouldn't have thought so.

Dante swings himself up into the ring and gives Freya a grim nod. He climbs the turnbuckle and lifts his arms, soaking up the cheers, but his heart doesn't appear to be in it as he jumps back down to the mat.

The bell rings and they lock up. Dante quickly overpowers his much smaller opponent and pulls her into a hammerlock. Freya slaps her shoulder as she tries to fight her way out. She finally reverses, ducking around and twisting into a hammerlock of her own. Dante tries to reverse, but he can't duck around Freya as she did with him because of the size differential. Instead, he settles for struggling towards the ropes and, when he reaches them, Freya is forced to break the hold.

Cain: It looks like Freya has Dante's number in the early going in this match.

Tex: She's a slippery customer, that's for sure, and she's going to need to keep that strategy in mind as she fights Dante. As always, Freya is outweighed by her opponent and, lest we forget, Jason Dante is about as tough as they come.

Banter: Are these guys still friends or what?

Tex: Well, I believe the New Hellfire Club is no longer together in any sense, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that there's any bad blood between these two.

Banter: I bet they regret getting those tattoos now, huh?

Dante massages his arm and they tie up again. Freya gains the advantage this time, bringing Dante down to the mat with an arm roll. She transitions into a fujiwara armbar, but Dante manages to roll out and up to his feet as Freya holds on. He kicks her in the gut and then drops her with a DDT. He covers...

One...

Tw...no!

Cain: I don't think Dante had much hope of ending it there against a competitor of Freya's calibre, but he has no choice but to try.

Banter: I've said it before and I'll say it again: only in this promotion could a 150 lb woman be the underdog against the most highly decorated Champion of all time.

Tex: Freya's pretty highly decorated herself - no one's come close to taking that Bleeder Title from her since Endgame last year.

Freya bounds right up, but Dante takes her down with a drop-toehold and Freya bounces into the ropes. Dante grabs a sleeper, but Freya sits right out, bouncing his jaw off the top of her head. Dante falls to the mat, then Freya jumps up and grabs his legs, flipping over into a jackknife pin...

One...

Kickout!

Dante picks himself up, but Freya dropkicks him in the face. Immediately, she darts in and grabs Dante by the arm, rolling him over, then switching to a cross-armbreaker. Dante struggles in the hold, but finally inches his way towards the ropes and forces a break.

Tex: Freya seems to be working that arm.

Cain: It's a good strategy. She's doesn't have the strength to lift Dante; she just has to pick a body part and focus on it at the exclusion of all else. The arm is always a good choice because all wrestlers have to use their arms to perform every move, so having that area injured makes them doubly vulnerable.

Freya is full of energy, hopping from foot to foot as Dante pulls himself up using the ropes. She charges, but Dante pulls down the ropes and she goes flying through, taking a tumble down to the floor. Dante slides out and stomps her down. He lifts her up and tries an Irish whip into the steps. Freya manages to jump up though, landing on the top of the steps and then flexing backwards into a moonsault.

Tex: Incredible agility!

Banter: I think Dante was ready for her though...

Dante catches Freya across his shoulder, taking a couple of steps backwards, but then finds his balance. He turns around and then brings Freya down to the floor with a powerslam.

Cain: Dante drives Freya down into the floor with that brutal move! Dante has the strength advantage in this match, and this is where he'll shine. It's only going to take a handful of moves like that to put Freya away, whereas she's going to have to gradually weaken his arm and then, I guess, hope she can make him tap out...

Tex: Easier said than done. I don't think I've ever seen Jason Dante submit - he has toughness and willpower that sometimes seems beyond human. We saw what he did in action against The Hunter: he would not die, he would not quit; he could not be stopped.

Dante rolls Freya into the ring under the ropes and then dives in after, before hooking her leg...

One...

Two...Freya kicks out!

Dante sighs heavily as he lifts Freya up again. He goes to whip her into the corner, but she reverses and jumps up, locking her legs around his damaged arm and pulling him down to the mat.

Cain: Freya has that arm again!

Tex: It looks like a modified short arm scissor.

The albino tries to wriggle away. He manages to flip over onto his back and gets some leverage, allowing him to clamber up to his feet with Freya still attached. He attempts to pick her up, perhaps hoping to slam her into the mat with a modified powerbomb, but Freya is too whily for him, and she releases the hold, propelling herself upwards using the momentum of Dante's own throw, switching back to another fujiwara armbar in midair. Her weight forces Dante back down to the canvas with a thump, and he grits his teeth as he reaches for the ropes again.

Cain: Freya is back to that fujiwara armbar. She's been working this hold, hyperextending his elbow and doing serious damage to his arm.

Tex: It's an extremely painful hold, Isaiah.

Banter: How the hell would you know? Have you been in a lot of strong style matches, Tex?

Tex: I've seen a few. That's gotta count for something.

Banter: Yeah, well Isaiah has seen a lot of people having sex, but that doesn't make him anything but an embarrassing failure in the bedroom.

Cain: I'm married, you idiot!

Banter: Yeah, and your wife is always calling me up.

Cain: I ought to kick your ass...

Tex: Let's concentrate on the ass kicking in the ring, shall we, fellas?

Freya wrenches back on the hold, but Dante is still larger and stronger than she is, and is able to pull himself to the ropes, forcing her to release him again. She stands up, rolling her neck, as Dante cradles his arm and spits out a mouthful of phlegm. He stands up with the aid of the ropes and, still favouring his injured arm, charges with a clothesline. Freya counters with a drop-toehold and Dante falls into the ropes, getting hung up on the second one.

Cain: We know what this is! Watch out, Dante!

Freya cups her hands to her mouth and sounds her wolf call before running the ropes and flying at Dante with the OX4, but he gets out of the way in time and Freya lands harmlessly in the ring. Momentarily dizzy from the rapid rotation of her signature move, she nearly loses her balance and Dante strikes, flattening her with a huge clothesline. He covers...

One...

Two...

Thr...no! Freya just kicks out in time!

Tex: I thought that might have been all she wrote...

Dante is up and signalling. Freya gets up slowly and he moves in, locking her in an inverted front-facelock. He turns around, going for the Shattered Reflection but Freya grabs his damaged arm and spins him around into a hammerlock. The momentum drives Dante right down to his knees, but the ropes are mercifully close and he the hold is broken almost immediately.

Cain: Dante tried to go for that big move of his, but he was forced to use his injured arm to lock in that inverted facelock.

Tex: Right, otherwise he would have been using that hurt elbow on Freya's throat, and that would probably have damaged him more than her.

Dante tries to shake the life into his arm as he recovers near the ropes. Freya prowls the ring, goading him forward. He emerges slowly, offering a lock up, but then suckering her with a forearm as she goes for it. He lifts her up into a fireman's carry, but Freya swings herself down and grabs a standing fujiwara.

Banter: It's déjà vu all over again...

Cain: Freya is determined to bring Dante down with this hold.

Dante, finally snapping, simply smashes Freya in the face with a punch from his free hand. It's enough to force her to release and Dante goes behind her, snapping closed the Gilded Cage out of nowhere.

Tex: Oh my! The momentum in this match has suddenly turned right around! Dante has locked in his signature hold out of nowhere!

Cain: And now Freya is in trouble; Dante has defended the Unified World Championship with this move in the past and used it to win so many brutal matches.

Freya writhes in the hold as Dante tries to force her down to the mat. He shouts in exertion as he pushes downwards, unfortunately putting pressure on his injured arm, but Freya won't let him get the advantage and keeps kicking out, bracing her legs straight against the mat so he can't get her down. Finally she pushes herself up into the air and kicks out at the ropes. The two wrestlers bounce backwards and, unbalanced, Dante falls down to the canvas. The jolt to his injured arm as he lands breaks the Gilded Cage and Freya is able to press his shoulders to the mat and hook her legs around his own, preventing him from escaping the cover...

One...

Two...

Three!!!

Cain: She did it! Freya was able to use her positioning to her advantage and pin Dante!

Tex: And I daresay that continued work on the arm played a part too.

Cain: Almost certainly. Freya did everything right in this match - Dante just couldn't get a grip on her; she had an answer for almost everything he did.

Freya slides out of the ring, raising her arms in triumph. In the ring, Dante slumps down on the mat, still holding his arm, and then yells in anger as he beats his other first against the canvas.

Banter: Wow, what a little girl.

Tex: Dante has so much on his mind right now. I think it's fair to say that his head was just not in this match, and it cost him dearly.

Cain: Freya looks pleased with this huge win, but is this going to drive a wedge between these two former stable-mates?

Tex: I hate to say it, but this match was a little too easy for Freya. She's slapping the hands of fans, celebrating like this was just a normal victory - this is Jason Dante she just defeated.

Banter: Maybe we're seeing the sunset of Dante's career here? Wouldn't that be a shame?

Cain: It would indeed.

Banter: I was being sarcastic.

Cain: I know you were. You always are.

Banter: It's my most charming feature. That and my hair.

Freya is nonchalant as she walks back up the ramp, smiling and waving again, leaving Dante frustrated and anguished in the ring.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:45 pm
Commissioner

Cain: I'm being told we're heading backstage again!

The camera pokes around the corner, aimed down the hall. Standing with his back to the camerman is TCW superstar Pat WoW!

<center>Image</center>

Inching forward, the camera picks up the audio.

"What do you mean?"

Banter: Is Pat talking to himself??

Tex: No, there's someone there, in the shadows!

"I mean what I said: You need to leave immediately and find your brother."

Pat throws his hands in the air.

"But why? And how do you know?"

"Pat, it's not --"

The camera jolts to the left as the dark figure seems to notice its presence.

"Just get to him immediately!"

Moving quickly, the figure disappears into the shadows. The camera pauses on Pat, then follows him as he runs down the hall.

Tex: What on earth was that about?

Cain: Sounds like Pat's brother might be in some trouble, Tex!

Banter: Ya think?? Can I see some fighting already?

<center>Image Image
</center>

Eubanks: Introducing first, hailing from parts unknown, he's a man, he's a beast, he's INFEEEEEEEEEERNO!!

<center>
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYWtP9hVE68"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYWtP9hVE68" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The beginning of 'Raining Blood' plays along with an entrance video filled with mysterious images as the arena goes completely dark. It is not until the music begins to pick up that Inferno finally emerges in the entryway, and raises his arms triumphantly as pillars of flame surround him, and flank him as walks down the ramp. Images of his path of destruction play on the Twistedtron all the while.

He enters the ring, in a pure, concentrated trance, seemingly taking in the reaction of the crowd, some speaking with boos, some speaking with a dead, fearful silence. From there, he waits silently for the bell to ring...</center>

Eubanks: And his opponent, the TCW Aftershock Champion, DESEEEEEEEAAAAN BLAAACKWELL!!

The arena lights turn black and blue, the Twistedtron shows a limo driving through the streets, it stops in front of the arena and the door opens and out steps DeSean decked out in his trademark wrestling gear. After a 2 seconds of silence the beginning drums of Oasis's Supersonic begins to play, DeSean walks through the curtain head down, with his hoodie covering his face.

<center>I need to be myself</center>

DeSean flips the hood back and outstretches his arms

<center>I can't be no one else
I'm feeling supersonic
Give me gin and tonic
You can have it all but how much do you want it?</center>

Syncing his steps to the beat, DeSean stops and forms a cross with his fist, he then outstretches his arms, pyro shoots off behind him.

<center>You need to find out
Cos no one's gonna tell you what I'm on about
You need to find a way for what you want to say
But before tomorrow</center>

DeSean walks down the ramp arguing with some fans while clapping the hands of others, he hops on the apron and and slowly walks down the side. He stops, leaps on the top rope and backflips in. He pumps his fist and raises his arms getting a mixed reaction but mostly cheers, he yells "I'm back baby" and pumps his chest screaming this is "my show"

<center>Cos my friend said he'd take you home
He sits in a corner all alone
He lives under a waterfall
Nobody can see him
Nobody can ever hear him call
Nobody can ever hear him call</center>

The bell rings and the match is underway!

DeSean immediately rushes Inferno, feints like he's going to start punching, but delivers a NASTY kick to the side of his head.

Cain: Did you hear that impact? That was great flexibilty on DeSean's part!

Tex: But Inferno looks only momentarily dazed!

Inferno's head tilts to the side from the impact for a few seconds, and then slowly turned back to face DeSean.

DeSean this time rushed him with more punches, which connected against Inferno's face. He made no attempt to block any of them. DeSean appears to be frustrated with Inferno, yelling something that sounds like, "You son of a bitch," as he throws punches, and punctuates it with an uppercut that finally knocks Inferno back a few steps.

DeSean looks to put Inferno over the top rope with a clothesline...but Inferno is too quick, answering with one of his own! DeSean crashes to the canvas with the impact.

Tex: Inferno looks to have gotten an early upper hand...with DeSean's offense being largely ineffective.

Banter: Of course it was. He's Inferno. What, you thought this would be a cakewalk for DeSean?

Inferno drops to his knees and begins delivering several hard rights to DeSean's head on the ground, before grabbing him by the head and pulling him up. DeSean is Irish-whipped against the ropes, and Inferno seems to be in a position to powerslam him off the rebound...

Instead, DeSean blocks the attempt, and instead counters with a T-Bone suplex out of nowhere! Inferno crashes to the canvas with a resounding noise that makes the crowd pop.

Cain: Did you see that? Unbelievable! What an expert T-Bone on the 300 pound Inferno!

Tex: Few people can lift that monster, it took a lot out of DeS-

Slowly, fluidly, Inferno rises to a sitting position. Then the glowing eyes on his mask turn on DeSean.

Tex: He sat up!

DeSean attacks! He boots Inferno in the face, before forcing him to his feet and setting him up in a piledriver position....CRASH goes Inferno's head to the canvas.

Cain: This time, a piledriver! Will it be enough to-

Seconds later, Inferno once again, slowly sits up...

Banter: Definitely not.

DeSean displays his ring presence by running into the ropes, and rebounding with a low dropkick to Inferno's head. CRACK. It knocks him right down to the ground again.

...Inferno sits up again!

Tex: And again, Inferno sits up, like a zombie! He's absorbing some well placed moves by DeSean, but they only seem to momentarily daze him!

Inferno stands up, and this time catches DeSean with a straight right, and then an uppercut, before picking him up for a sidewalk slam. DeSean's back slams right into the canvas as he yells in pain. This is only punctuated by a LEG DROP across his neck...and a cover!

One...

Two...

Kickout!

DeSean lifts the shoulder. Both men stand up, DeSean a little slower, but acts first and manages to deliver a body blow on the way up. He then begins a bit of a combination, a punch to the jaw, a kick to the side of the leg, another kick to Inferno's rib's, and an uppercut.

Inferno goes for a throat thrust that would have floored DeSean, but he inches out of the way and continues to attack with various moves.

Cain: And DeSean is showing some incredible bravery by standing up with Inferno here...most people do NOT want to get into a blow-for-blow battle with him. I think he's going to try and whittle the monster down for a moment before going for another take down...he doesn't want to brawl with him for too long.

Finally Inferno catches him with a powerful hook across the face, enough to send DeSean reeling with the force...exposing his back to Inferno.

Tex: DeSean is in trouble!

German suplex...no, DeSean breaks free, and bounces right off the bottom rope...flipping OVER Inferno, and brings the back of his head down into the canvas on his way down!

The crowd roars!

Cain: Oh my God, did you see that?

Tex: He must have jumped eight feet in the air!

Cover!

One...

Two...

Th-Kickout!

Cain: That was a beautiful modified Flying Death Drop, right on the spur of the moment...DeSean ever the innovator.

Tex: I thought for sure that would have put Inferno down...if that didn't, what will?

DeSean appears to have decided what will, as he climbs up to the ropes, quickly...he LAUNCHES!

Tex: Shooting Star Press!

He CRASHES on top of Inferno...

...wait, no! Inferno caught him while on the ground, softening the impact! He stands up very quickly now, manhandling DeSean like a rag doll...

Tex: Oh...no...

He smashes DeSean's side right onto his knee once, the sound of the impact sickening. He does it a second time...a third time...

Tex: If this keeps up, my God, he's going to break his ribs!

Inferno throws DeSean onto his shoulders...hooks a leg, and then slams him sideways, driving him headfist into the mat.

Cain: What a vicious cradle Death Valley Bomb...and he's got a cover!

One...

Two...

Thr-NO! DeSean just rolls the shoulder up.

Tex: DeSean's showing some resiliency...but can he stop Inferno?

Banter: Of course not! Resiliency won't help him beat Inferno...it only means he's going to suffer longer! He can kick out all he wants, but all it's going to get him is a worse beating every time!

Inferno proves this point, by grasping DeSean's throat, and lifting him suddenly to a standing position. He tries to fight it off...but it's too late...Chokeslam.

Tex: Inferno's put people through the ring with that chokeslam before...

One...

Two...

Thr-NO! Another kickout!

Tex: And DeSean kicks out again!

Banter: Stay down, DeSean, you idiot! You've lost the match!

Cain: No! DeSean hasn't lost the match until the ref's hand comes down for three...but if he wants to turn this around, he's GOT to mount some kind of offense!

DeSean rises to his feet again, and Inferno throws up his hands.

Tex: Inferno's clearly frustrated by DeSean's resilience tonight!

Racing forward, Inferno slams his entire body into the rising Aftershock Champion, sending both men down hard. Inferno rises to his feet and storms over to the turnbuckle. He begins tearing into it, ripping off the padding.

Stepping in, the ref attempts to pull Inferno away, but the big man just pushes the ref out of his way and continues to expose the cold steel of the ring post.

Cain: Inferno's looking to set up a real end to this match!

Banter: Gonna see some blood! Awright!

The ref grabs Inferno's arm, pulling the monster away from the turnbuckle. In response, Inferno grabs the ref, throwing him down hard.

Tex: That just ain't right! It's a lawless land out there now!

As DeSean pulls himself up using the ring ropes, Inferno stomps over to him, grabbing him by the skull. The big man pulls DeSean to his feet, and DeSean slugs Inferno in the gut with both fists!

Now freed, DeSean delivers a stiff kick to Inferno's chest, and the beast is bent at the waist. Running across the ring, DeSean looks to capitalize! He heads straight for the ring ropes and --

Tex: Oh my God!

Rather than bouncing, DeSean is caught up in the ropes, his body a tangled mess.

Cain: Inferno's thrashing must've loosened the ropes! DeSean's in an extremely dangerous position!

Tex: And it's about to get a lot worse...

Inferno lumbers over to the trapped DeSean, pulling at the ropes. DeSean's arms flail as he's choked by the ropes, his head caught between them.

Tex: Dammit, get up, ref!!

DeSean is nearly turning purple in the ring as Inferno pulls harder on the ropes, sucking the life out of the Aftershock Champ! Moving closer, Inferno tightens his grip and DeSean pushes back, using the ropes to propel his foot straight up into Inferno's face!

Inferno stumbles backward, blood running down his face. DeSean works to free himself as Inferno shouts, his hands covering his face.

As DeSean pulls himself out of the rope, gasping for air, Inferno doesn't let up, walking back over to him. Grabbing DeSean be the throat, Inferno throws him to the ground, choking him the whole way. Keeping one hand locked on his throat, Inferno goes for the pin...

Cain: That's not going to work! That's what happens when you knock out the ref!

Peering over to the dazed ref, Inferno rises, clearly enraged. He grabs the ref by the arm and drags him down, attempting to force the count. The ref declines to do so, and Inferno again rises.

Screaming at the ref, Inferno slaps him across the face! DeSean rises to his feet slowly, standing behind Inferno. Grabbing the big man from behind, DeSean turns Inferno's attention away from the ref.

DeSean attempts to slug Inferno, but a quick shot to the throat puts a stop to that. Inferno grabs DeSean, lifting him into the air. The monster walks towards the exposed ring post and hurls DeSean's body into it!

Tex: No! No!

DeSean screams in pain, falling to the mat, holding his back in pain. Inferno turns his attention back to the ref.

Cain: What a world! Look what DeSean gets for trying to save the ref!

Inferno tosses the ref right after DeSean, leaving a heap of bodies in the corner. Inferno begins kicking at the two of them, going wild, screaming as he attacks. On the ramp, Adam Wilson appears, signaling for the ring bell. As the bell rings, security rushes the ring, attempting to tear Inferno from DeSean and the ref.

Tex: This is an absolutely sick scene!

Cain: Thank goodness someone was smart enough to finally end this!

Tex: Looks like we're heading backstage while security handles this...

<center>Image</center>

There is a knock at the door of Valeria Stern's skybox. She looks up from the window with a frown. "Yes?"

The door opens, and William Shamrock enters, followed by his bodyguard, Mark Wright.

<center>Image</center>

"Shamrock," Stern greets him icily, "what a pleasant surprise."

"Can it, Val."

"No one talks to me like that, Will."

Shamrock smiles. Without being asked, he takes a seat on the other side of her desk, slouching in the chair as he removes his shades and hooks them to the inside of his open shirt collar. "I'll talk to you however I like, toots. I'm not your employee any more."

"Yes, you don't have to tell me that. But this is my show, and my wrestling promotion. One fat bodyguard is not going to prevent me from having you forcibly removed if needs be."

Wright looks a little offended as he hovers behind Shamrock, but his boss raises a hand to placate him. "I think your security forces are a bit busy right now, so let's just chat."

Valerie sighs slowly, then looks towards Shamrock.

"Look, Stern, I'm here on special dispensation from Brent Powers. He okayed it with the Board of Directors, so there's nothing you can do. I'm not here to cause trouble - I just want to figure out what's going on."

"Going on? Why would there be anything going on?"

"We got Wilson's message."

"I haven't the first clue what you're talking about, Shamrock."

He frowns for a moment, but then recovers himself, straightening in his chair and leaning forward. "Alright, Stern, you keep playing your games, but I'm going to stick around tonight and uncover whatever it is you're planning. I'll talk to every wrestler, I'll pester every road agent and, in the end, whatever you have planned for FWRFed is going to fall flat on its face."

"Good luck," the Commissioner smiles.

Shamrock stares her out for a few seconds before rising and putting his shades back on. With a curt nod, he orders Wright to follow him, and the two men exit the skybox.

After a few moments of staring at the closed door, Stern picks up her cell phone and dials. She raps her fingers against her desk. "Be turned on...be turned on..." she whispers to herself.

Banter: Who's she calling?

Tex: And what's going on between TCW and FWRFed?

Finally, it's clear the phone call has been answered and Stern smiles. "Hi...yes, he arrived...." she pauses, "No, not him, the other one. No, I mean Shamrock. Yes, he took the bait - he'll be here all night. I can't wait to see the look on his face when you arrive..."

Cain: When who arrives? What's going on?

Tex: I guess we'll find out later tonight!

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:46 pm
Commissioner

</center>

A generic pulsing beat begins as the lights in the arena flicker out and then, as a spotlight illuminates a figure from the last outpost of minstrelsy, long since consigned to a nation's embarrassed past, the music changes into the worst kind of Blaxploitation funk.

Sammy Eubanks: The following non-title contest is scheduled for one fall...introducing first, from...from...the darkest jungles of the city of brotherly love...weighing in at 290 lbs....PUUUURPLEEEEEEE PAAAAAAAAAAAAANTHEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!

Purple Panther walks out and something about his swagger immediately turns the fans against him. He smiles a bright white grin that is all leer, and soaks up the sudden hatred.

Tex: Some older fans may be familiar with the Purple Panther, who was a highly successful wrestler back in the old territories in the 1970s.

Banter: No one but you is old enough to remember that time, Tex.

Cain: Well, either way, Purple Panther returns to the ring for one night only, perhaps to cement his legacy, and to leave something worthwhile behind. Certainly a match against an opponent of this calibre would do that.

The drum beats of "Battle of One" start as white lights strobe to the beat. The guitar riff starts, and blue strobes join the white lights. As the singer screams, Matt Strikmore makes his way through the entrance way. Wearing long brown tights with blue details, Matt rolls his neck before heading down the ramp. There's very little fanfare, just the occasional slapping of a fans hand without looking away from the ring. Sliding under the bottom rope, Matt quickly jumps back up to his feet before lightly jogging in place while shaking out his arms.

Sammy: And his opponent... from Wildwoods, New Jersey...weighing in at 215 lbs...he is the TCW TRANSCONTINENTAL CHAMPION...MAAAATT STRIIIIIIIIIIIKMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEE!!!

Tex: A great reaction for Strikmore from the fans here in Peru. He's truly one of TCW's fastest rising stars.

Cain: Right, which is why this match is so important. If Purple Panther can beat Matt Strikmore, who is at the top of his game, he's going to send a message to the industry as a whole.

Purple Panther and Strikmore lock up to start. They struggle back and forth, with Panther gradually overpowering Strikmore. He wrestles him into the corner where the referee calls for the break. Panther holds on a few seconds then releases, he backs away, but then gets a cheap shot in. He pulls Strikmore back into the middle of the ring and hits a vertical suplex before covering...

One...

Tw...no!

Tex: Purple Panther went for an early pin there.

Cain: He must know he has to put Strikmore away as early as possible - he just doesn't have the same kind of stamina. He can't hope to outlast him,

Panther rolls Strikmore to his feet and lays in a knife-edge chop. Strikmore is staggered back against the ropes and Panther looks for another suplex, but the TC Champion blocks it and reverses into one of his own. Panther goes up and over the ropes, but lands on the apron and grabs Strikmore from behind. He chokes him against the ropes until the referee breaks it up.

Banter: I wish this guy was staying around!

Tex: Purple Panther is one hell of a competitor, but even this good ol' Southern boy isn't too comfortable with a gimmick like this one.

Cain: The fans are booing him, and it makes me feel a little dirty, Tex.

Banter: Usually you have to be alone in the tool shed to feel like that. You should be grateful.

Released, Strikmore staggers forward and then drops to one knee, massaging his neck. Panther climbs through the ropes and charges Strikmore with a running knee, but the agile youngster throws himself out of the veteran's path and rolls up to his feet. As Panther turns, Strikmore hits him with a running elbow that sends him sprawling against the ropes, and then brings him down with an arm drag. As they hit the canvas, Strikmore switches the hold into a pinning combination...

One...

Not enough!

Tex: Excellent ring presence and technical skill from Strikmore. Many are calling him the next World Champion.

Cain: Darkness versus Strikmore would be one hell of a match. The Road to Glory is coming up - Strikmore may well get the chance to earn himself a shot at the belts.

Strikmore lets Panther up, but receives only a hard shot to the face for his trouble. The crowd boo the veteran as he knees Strikmore in the gut and then pulls him into an abdominal stretch. Strikmore tries to shift towards the ropes, but Panther is larger and stronger, and begins pounding at his ribs with his free hand, further weakening his midsection.

Tex: He needs to reach those ropes!

Cain: The midsection is usually the area Strikmore himself targets. Now he's getting a taste of his own medicine I suppose.

Strikmore is inches from the middle rope, but suddenly Panther switches his position, turning Strikmore around so he's facing in the opposite direction, all the while keeping the hold locked in. The referee checks on Strikmore and, as he does, Panther takes the opportunity to use the ropes for leverage. Strikmore yells in pain, and the referee finally looks up to see what's going on, and forcibly removes Panther's hand from the top rope. Strikmore takes advantage of the distraction to elbow his way free and then drop Panther with a hiptoss.

Banter: Illegal move! The hold should have been broken the second the referee saw he was using the ropes!

Tex: That's some mighty selective reasoning, Banter.

Strikmore leans against the ropes, recovering, as Panther picks himself up. The veteran moves in to attack Strikmore, but he ducks out of the way and buries a knee in Panther's gut. He looks for an abdominal stretch of his own, but Panther drops to one knee and gives Strikmore a hard strike to the throat. As the TC Champion staggers away, holding his throat, Panther takes a few moments to taunt the crowd, executing a few suggestive dance moves and leering at a few women in the front row.

Cain: The fans want Panther's blood, and he's not doing anything to discourage them. This is the kind of thing that made him popular in the 1970s, but does it have a place in the world of modern wrestling?

Tex: Most certainly not. Purple Panther is playing a dangerous game with these fans.

Panther hooks Strikmore up, lifting him with a vertical suplex. He holds it though, suspending his opponent vertically in the air for long, back-breaking seconds. He counts off on his fingers as Strikmore hangs there... 1...2...3...4...5...

Tex: My God, what strength! We don't often see this kind of thing in TCW!

And drops him, sending Strikmore crashing into the mat. Panther goes right for the cover...

One...

Two...

Thr...and Strikmore just barely kicks out!

Cain: I thought that was all then. Strikmore shows amazing tenacity and heart.

Tex: As always. He's a great kid, with an amazing future ahead of him. I'd hate to see him caught up in something ugly after this match.

Panther seems calm as he gets to his feet and drops a knee. Strikmore rolls around, clutching at his face, and Panther pulls him right back into another cover, this time grinding his forearm against the kid's face...

One...

Tw...kickout!

Panther shows his frustration this time as he yanks Strikmore into a sleeper hold on the mat. His muscles, still well-defined despite the man's age, bunch as he cuts off the circulation to Strikmore's head. The TC Champion makes a feeble attempt to free himself, but his eyes gradually flutter closed.

Banter: Purple Panther wins!

Cain: Not yet he doesn't, but it may only be a matter of time.

The referee lifts Strikmore's hand, checking to see if he's unconscious. It falls once...

Twice...

Thr...no! Strikmore's hand stays in the air! Purple Panther can't believe it as Strikmore starts to thrash in the hold, assailing him with furious blows to the face. Gradually, Strikmore is able to find some leverage, and he pushes himself up to one knee, then into a standing position, from where he can elbow himself free. He lands a heavy shot into Panther's gut that finally sends him reeling away.

Tex: Strikmore is on the warpath! The fans are going insane!

Cain: Purple Panther has brutalised him all match, and now the tables are beginning to turn!

Strikmore feeds off the crowd's energy. He turns around and hits Panther with a right hand, then a left, then another right. He fights him right into the ropes, and then whips him across the ring. Panther tries a clothesline, but Strikmore ducks and hits a dropkick! The crowd go crazy as Panther falls back into the ropes and then bounces back towards Strikmore who hammers him with another huge right that knocks him straight down to the canvas.

Tex: Big right hand! He's got Purple Panther right where he wants him!

Panther struggles up, but Strikmore is on him already. He whips him into the corner and then climbs up, balling his fist. The crowd count along as Strikmore punches...

One!

Two!

Three!

Four!

Five!

Six!

Seven!

Eight!

Nine!

Strikmore lifts his hand, holding it aloft for a moment...

Ten!!

Cain: Amazing! Strikmore has momentum on his side, he has the crowd on his side and surely he must be only inches away from victory!

The fans are on their feet, chanting for Strikmore as he backs away from the stunned Purple Panther. He signals and jumps up, ready for the Ring Slinger, but suddenly Panther seems to come to and slams one powerful fist into Strikmore's jaw, felling him like a tree and instantly taking the wind out of his sails. He falls to the mat with a dull thud and the crowd's cheers turn to boos instantly.

Banter: Ha!

Tex: Purple Panther just floored Strikmore with that shot, and what looked like a comeback has been ignominiously cut short. The energy in this arena has changed so suddenly.

Cain: He cut Strikmore off right at the knees, and it looks like the Transcontinental Champion is out cold.

With a grin like a half-moon, Panther drops to his knees and covers the apparently unconscious Strikmore...

One...

Two...

Thre...no!!! Strikmore's shoulder just jerks up at the last possible fraction of a second!

Tex: He kicked out! He kicked out!

Panther looks stunned. He stares down at Strikmore, then gets to his feet slowly. Trying to ignore the rabid reaction Strikmore is getting once more, he picks up the kid by the hair and hooks him up for a suplex. He signals for another hanging suplex, but Strikmore suddenly pulls him down into a small package out of nowhere!

One...

Two...

Three!!!

Cain: Strikmore wins with a roll up! What ring presence!

Banter: I don't believe it!

The fans bellow their appreciation as Strikmore is helped to his feet by the referee. He has his hand raised in victory, while Purple Panther slides out of the ring, disappearing from sight.

Tex: It was a classic contest between good and evil, one which perhaps has no place in this form in 2008, but Purple Panther tried to use every trick in the book to make the fans despise him, and he played them like fiddles.

Cain: Not often have I seen such hatred from a crowd. Tonight we saw what brought the veteran to the dance and it nearly, very, very nearly, got him the victory.

Strikmore climbs the turnbuckle, celebrating his win with his belt as the fans chant his name.

Tex: Matt Strikmore, after that match, may be more popular than ever. What next for the TC Champ?

Cain: Well, what's next for us is another backstage trip!

<center>Image</center>

Shamrock is backstage, walking through the corridors with a purposeful look on his eyes. Mark Wright follows like a loyal puppy.

"When you're looking for conspiracies," Shamrock explains as he walks, "the best place to start is at the top. If I were planning some kind of attack on FWRFed, I know exactly who I'd get to lead the charge."

They arrive at their destination, a door marked ‘Darkness'. The fans erupt in cheers. Shamrock raps smartly on the door.

"You really think we should bug this guy, boss?"

"You scared or something, Mark? Some bodyguard you are."

There is no answer to the knock, so Shamrock tries again, louder this time. Finally, there is the sound of some commotion inside and a gruff "Enter."

Shamrock pushes open the door and walks into a completely unexpected scene. The room is in shadow, and massive, threatening shapes seem to loom over both himself and even the huge Wright.

Tex: It looks like Darkness is entertaining!

Shamrock looks from side to side, taking in the strange figures arrayed around the locker room. They regard him with strangely bright eyes and interested smiles that seem to have too many teeth.

"Uh...is Darkness here?"

"Are you William Shamrock?" one of the strange shadowy strangers asks. He has bright red hair.

"Yes..."

"Can I have your autograph?"

"Um..."

A statuesque woman with bright white hair and odd, yellow eyes walks in from an adjoining room. She looks Shamrock up and down. "Who are you, and what do you want?"

"I'm William Shamrock, and I'm looking for Darkness."

"Looking for me?" Darkness follows the tall woman out, adjusting his prosthetic. The crowd cheer again at the sight of the World Champion.

"Yes. I'm from FWRFed..."

"From what?"

"FWRFed. I've been sent by Brent Powers..."

"Who?"

Shamrock whips off his shades. "Are you trying to be funny, Champ?"

At the sign of aggression, Darkness's friends seem to rise up, glowering over Shamrock and Wright, but Darkness lifts his good hand to calm them.

"No, I'm not trying to be funny. Why were you sent here by whoever it was that sent you?"

"To investigate what Stern is planning for FWRFed. I have reason to believe she may have some kind of attack in mind, and you would be the logical choice to lead that attack, as the TCW World Champion."

"411fed and ECF World Champion," Darkness corrects him, "but I assure you, if Stern has any plans for the organisation you represent, I would be the last man she informed."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. If I say it is so, then it is so."

"You could be lying..."

"He isn't," one of the strangers rejoins cheerfully.

Shamrock glances at the one who spoke and then back at Darkness. "Alright, Champ. But, just so you know, if Stern is planning anything, and you and your weirdo friends in this promotion do come anywhere near FWRFed, I'm going to be the one holding the World Championship by that time. That means you and me are going to have some problems, okay?"

Darkness squares up to Shamrock. He is taller, so the FWRFed star has to crane his neck up slightly. "Mr. Shamrock, if I do come to FWRFed, you'll all be having some problems."

There are some sniggers from the other occupants of the locker room and, after a few seconds, Shamrock turns on his heel and storms out. Darkness watches him and Wright leave before shrugging to himself.

"Weird guy..."

Tex: Hmm... Well, we'll be seeing the Champ again because his match is up next!

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:46 pm
Commissioner

</center>

The arena goes dark and silent before the opening guitar chords of Strapping Young Lad's "Shitstorm" begin playing. The screen flashes split second shots of David Hardy in action as blue lights flash in sync with the music.

Sammy Eubanks: The following non-title contest is scheduled for one fall...

<center>OH YOU BASTARD!!! </center>

Suddenly a massive explosion of fire erupts at the top of the ramp.

<center>Know, know, KNOW
I HATE YOU!!!
EVERYTHING...everything, EVERYTHING...
is WRONG!!!
</center>

David Hardy slowly steps out. He walks to either side of the stage and stares out at the audience with an enraged expression on his face.

Sammy: Introducing first, making his way to the ring...weighing in at 200lbs and hailing from West Vancouver, Canada...DAAAAAAVIIIIIID HAAAAARRRRDYYYYY!!!!

Cain: At Stranglehold, David Hardy lost his Aftershock Title to his former team-mate DeSean Blackwell. Now he has another challenge in front of him.

Tex: And what a challenge it will be for this young man - there are few forces in TCW, or anywhere else for that matter, more formidable than the World's Heavyweight Champion, Darkness.

Banter: But hey, fact fans, these guys have never even faced each other before! Anything might happen!

Cain: That's right. Darkness has beaten a lot of people, but Hardy is not one of them.

<center>And I don't want to fight...
Because I don't know what's
WRONG or RIGHT
But I'll do ANYTHING just to get some
FUCKING sleep tonight...
And I can't even EAT
And I can't even FUCKING PISS!!!
All I've been doing is thinking about
GOD and DEATH
INFINITY!!!!!
</center>

He paces back to the center of the ramp and stares towards the ring. You can almost see the fire burning in his eyes as Devin Townsend's shrieks fill the arena.

<center>FUCKING KILL YOU!!! </center>

He finally steps forwards and approaches the ring. He looks from side to side, acting very paranoid of his surroundings.

<center>NOW
You'll fucking listen to me...Every one of you in my
MOTHERFUCKING LIFE;
All I've been looking for is an excuse to
feel this way...
...and now I know...
HA!
I KNOW!!!
I'm in control of the infinite mind,
And I control infinite Power
When?!?!?!?
EVERY BLACK MINUTE
</center>

He takes his time and stands in front of the ring, where he will surely shed blood in the coming moments. His eyebrow seems to be twitching with pure madness.

<center>And self-control is something I've learned...
But don't think I won't do it,
Don't you EVER forget;
If you want crazy...
</center>

He finally snaps out of it and charges forward, sliding into the ring and running towards the corner.

<center>IF YOU WANT FUCKING CRAZY...
I'll SHOW YOU HOW TO BE CRAZY
</center>

Hardy quickly jumps onto the turnbuckles and holds his arms out to the side, yelling out to the crowd.

<center>FUCK YOU!!!! </center>

The madness of the music slowly fades out as Hardy jumps down to the canvas and stares down the referee, waiting for the match to begin.

<center><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Mwo2lGdXU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Mwo2lGdXU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object></center>

As "Fear of the Dark" plays, the view cuts to a shot of Darkness's locker room door. It opens, and Darkness steps from the shadows, his two title belts held in his hands. As his fans chant along to the music, Darkness walks through the corridors of the arena before reaching the gorilla position.

Cain: Darkness is on his way to the ring! At Stranglehold, he was a man on a mission, trying to find out what had happened to Freya. We've since seen her in action already tonight, so I guess he was worried over nothing.

Tex: Maybe so, but his concern nearly cost him his titles against Kermit.

Banter: What kind of Champion lets himself get so mixed up over a woman like that?

Tex: I don't think it was quite as simple as that, Banter.

The song kicks in and a huge pyro erupts from the stage. Darkness strides through the flames, silhouetted in the orange glow. As he strides to the ring, belts in hand, flames streak down the side of the ramp, framing him in fire.

Sammy: And his opponent...weighing in at 218 lbs...from Chicago, Illinois...he is the 411FED AND ECF UNIFIED WORLD'S HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION...DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKNEEEEEEEEEESS!!!!!!!!!

He enters the ring, ignoring its occupants and mounts the turnbuckle, raising his World Championships above his head as the ethereal chanting continues.

Darkness jumps down from the turnbuckle and comes face-to-face with Hardy, who gives him a cocky smirk. Darkness returns the smile, but then floors Hardy with a throat strike. Hardy rolls right back up to his feet, but Darkness knees him in the gut and delivers an elbow strike to the back of his neck. Hardy is staggered, and Darkness spins him up into the air and drops him to the mat with a scoop slam. He goes for a cover...

One...

Tw...no!

Tex: Darkness went for an early cover in this match. Perhaps that was a little optimistic though.

Cain: Those strikes are brutal, but Hardy is still a tough customer.

Banter: Of course he is - he's the Aftershock Superstar!

Tex: He doesn't have the title anymore, Banter...

Banter: Oh, is that what it means? I thought it was just a coincidence.

Darkness rolls Hardy up to his feet and whips him across the ring. He tries a hiptoss on the way back, but Hardy lands on his feet. He holds on, punching Darkness in the gut and then hooking one leg over his neck. He jumps upwards and then flexes over, spinning Darkness across the ring with a beautiful hurracanrana.

Cain: Outstanding counter from Hardy. There's no doubting this young man's wrestling credentials - we've seen what he can do time and time again.

Tex: That's right. Hardy is as accomplished as they come. Frankly, I'm surprised it's taken him this long to meet Darkness in the ring.

The World Champion is up quickly, but walks right into an armdrag. Hardy holds on, but Darkness twists out and gets beneath Hardy, flexing backwards with a modified northern lights suplex which ends in a bridge...

One...

Two...

Hardy pushes himself up off the mat and the two men twist around as they bridge upwards. Hardy takes advantage of his positioning to attempt a piledriver, but Darkness kneels out into a jawbreaker, sending Hardy back into the ropes. He bounces back and Darkness tries another hiptoss, but Hardy once again lands on his feet and then smashes him across the back of the head with a brutal enziguri.

Banter: Ha! Take that!

Tex: Hardy is continually second-guessing Darkness here. Does he have the advantage of the Champion?

Cain: Perhaps. As both yourself and Banter have pointed out, Tex, these two men have never faced each other in a match. There's no predicting at this stage which way it might go.

Darkness is down holding his head as Hardy straightens and catches his breath for a moment. He stalks the Champion, signalling for the DKO already. Darkness is up and Hardy charges, but gets pushed away and collides with the turnbuckle. Darkness grabs him around the neck and arm then falls to the mat, catching him in a bodyscissors too.

Cain: The Nightchoker! Darkness with a submission out of nowhere!

Banter: It'll take more than that to make Hardy tap out.

Tex: I suspect you may be right, but Darkness is the consummate submission wrestler. I've lost count of how many matches he's won with his signature hold, the Darkshooter.

Banter: Yeah, but this isn't the Darkshooter. He's never won with this crappy move - he hardly ever uses it because it sucks. And it has a terrible name.

Hardy writhes in pain, reaching for the ropes, but he can't get to them. He starts rocking back and forth, trying to get onto his stomach and eventually succeeds. Darkness's weight is baring down on him, but Hardy now has leverage to pull himself up to one knee and then drop to the mat, hitting a modified ace crusher as Darkness's jaw bounces off his shoulder.

Banter: The DKO! Kinda...

Cain: Hardy got that modified version of his signature move, but will it be enough to keep Darkness down?

Hardy holds onto the ropes as he recovers. Darkness too pulls himself up and the two men turn to face each other at the same time. Hardy moves first, swinging with a right hand but Darkness blocks it and then throws a martial arts kick that impacts against Hardy's ribs. The former Aftershock Champion is staggered, and Darkness suddenly explodes into action wit a flurry of kicks and elbows, forcing Hardy right out of the ring, tumbling between the ropes.

Tex: Oh my! Darkness just beat Hardy right out of the ring like a scalded dog!

Banter: Have some pride, for God's sake, Tex. You can come up with your own idiot animal-related similes, can't you?

Tex: Hardy's like a gopher who's found his...uh...no, apparently I can't.

Outside the ring now, Hardy pulls at the apron to lift himself up. Darkness vaults over the ropes using only his good hand, but Hardy dodges, and Darkness goes flying into the floor.

Cain: Hardy moved! Darkness eats concrete!

Banter: And black protective mat.

Tex: Those aren't for protection, Banter!

Banter: Oh okay. Are they also made out of SOLID STEEL?

Hardy watches the World Champion roll onto his back, holding his good hand across his face. A trickle of blood escapes from between his fingers, and Hardy smiles a sick grin. As Darkness staggers up, Hardy runs at him and kicks him straight in the face, knocking him back down. Hardy moves in again, lifting Darkness up and then whipping him face-first into the ringpost.

Cain: It looks like Darkness may have busted his nose. Can Hardy capitalise on this?

Banter: Well the nose is a highly vital area. It's almost impossible to continue fighting when you hurt it - most professional athletes would rather their lungs collapsed that sustain an injury to the precious nose.

Hardy rolls into the ring to break up the referee's count and then dives out again, going after Darkness. He approaches, but Darkness trips him, bringing him down with a drop-toehold that sends him into the post too. Hardy stumbles backwards and Darkness, bloody nose and all, kicks his leg out from under him, sending him down to the floor hard enough to jar his skull painfully.

Tex: Ouch! Did you see Hardy's head bounce off the mats there?

Banter: The STEEL mats?

Tex: You're in a fine mood tonight I see, Banter. Do you think Commissioner Stern enjoys you making fun of the sport like this?

Banter: I heard Valerie thinks I'm the best thing on the show. She's going to do an episode of Havoc next month that's nothing but me talking for two hours.

Cain: That'll please Congress...

Banter: Congress loves me too. They're the ones who encouraged her to go with The Banter Shark Show idea.

Darkness rolls in and out of the ring now, then grabs Hardy and drags him under the ropes. He goes for a cover...

One...

Two...

Thr...no! Hardy gets his shoulder up!

Tex: Darkness nearly had it there! Hardy may have a concussion from that impact with the floor before.

Cain: I think Darkness has definitely broken his nose though. He's bleeding quite heavily. Banter may have made fun, but that's still an incredibly painful injury.

Darkness lifts Hardy and whips him into the corner. He charges in with a clothesline, but Hardy dodges. Darkness stops himself before hitting the turnbuckle, but Hardy grabs his legs and yanks him out, dropping him face-first to the mat. Immediately, he grabs him around the throat from behind and wrenches him backwards until he is forced up onto his knees. He grabs Darkness's right arm and digs his knee into the World Champion's back.

Tex: The Dragon Tamer!

Cain: Darkness is in trouble now! This will soon drain even his superhuman stamina!

Banter: What happens if Hardy wins? Do you think Stern will give him a title shot?

Cain: Oh, I think she'll give him a lot more than that...

Banter: I don't care for your tone with that comment, Isaiah.

Darkness grits his teeth. Blood is running from his nose and it pools in his moustache before dripping down into his mouth, forming a grizzly spectacle as he bares his teeth. Hardy yells in exertion as he pulls back and Darkness makes a grab for the ropes, but he's just a few inches shy. He tries to shuffle forward, but Hardy is in total control and there's no give whatsoever. In desperation, Darkness reaches up with his free hand and affixes the grip of his prosthetic to Hardy's forearm. With a low whirring noise, the false hand contracts, locking Hardy's arm in an iron death grip.

Banter: Hey! That's cheating!

Tex: He has one hand, Banter - what is he supposed to do?

Banter: Not use a robotic hand!

Cain: So he should fight one handed?

Banter: It's a robot hand! How is this fair?!

Hardy bellows in pain as the prosthetic compresses his arm and finally releases the Dragon Tamer. Darkness holds on though and kicks Hardy in the gut, staggering him. Hardy continues to writhe in pain as Darkness's false hand grips his arm and the World Champion proceeds to unload on him with vicious strikes from his free hand. Hardy has nowhere to go, for he can't escape the artificial grip without ripping a fist-sized hold in his forearm.

Cain: Hardy can't escape! He's at Darkness's mercy!

Banter: Robot. Hand. Am I talking to a pair of walls?

Darkness doesn't relent and, his prosthetic having been long ago cleared as a legal implement in the ring, the referee can do nothing to stop the assault. Darkness continues to lay into Hardy, battering his face with right hands until it is bruised and bloody. Finally he releases him and, as Hardy staggers forward, grabs a front-facelock and spins him into the mat with a thunderous Darkness DDT.

Tex: Darkness DDT! Darkness DDT! Hardy is down! This one is over!

Darkness pins...

One...

Two...

Three!!!

Cain: Darkness is victorious, having found an extremely brutal strategy to defeat Hardy.

Darkness has his hand raised in victory. He pulls his arm free and wipes the blood from his nose as Hardy lies flat out in the ring. There is a dark bruise already forming on his forearm, and his face is a mess of blood and swollen flesh.

Banter: Jesus, there's gonna be some disappointed RoXeTtEs tonight.

Tex: Darkness really went to town on Hardy. We've seen viciousness like that from him in the past and I don't think it's a good road for him to go down again.

Darkness swings himself out of the ring and has his belts handed to him as EMTs head down the ramp to attend to Hardy. He gives no indication whatsoever of concern for his opponent, simply walking back up the ramp with his World Titles in hand.

Tex: Folks, what a night it's been, we hope you've enjoyed Friction and...

Suddenly, "All About The Benjamins" begins to play, and the crowd starts to boo heavily.

Cain: Uh oh! It looks like Shamrock is finally going to say whatever he came here to say.

Banter: Listen to these fans! They hate him!

Tex: Shamrock was not exactly the most popular competitor during his time in TCW, he's even less popular in FWRFed, and, it must be said, this is something of a partisan crowd here in Iquitos.

Shamrock walks out onto the stage, still trailed by Mark Wright. He walks down to the ring with his usual arrogant swagger and climbs in. He reaches for a microphone and, as his music dies down and Wright takes up position behind him, he starts to speak.

"TCW fans, some of you may well remember me from my short stint here in this promotion."

There is another chorus of boos.

"During which time," Shamrock continues, "I was subject to what can only be called a glass ceiling. As one of the hottest young wrestling talents in America...nay, in the World...I should have been on the receiving end of multiple title shots."

Tex: He had a TC Title shot! And he screwed it up!

"But instead, I was held down and forced to fight against no-names and curtain jerkers, who wouldn't even make the cut in FWRFed!"

Cain: Boy, this kid has a real chip on his shoulder...

"That's not why I'm here tonight though. Tonight, I'm here on behalf of FWRFed and Commissioner Powers, to investigate a threat to our larger, more successful promotion."

Banter: That's a joke, right?

Tex: This guy is full of it.

"You see, just as this two-bit, tin-pot company kept me down, they also try to smother the competition by making stupid threats and empty promises. I've been backstage all night tonight, and all I've found is a promotion that's falling apart at the seams - the Commissioner has no respect, her roster barely even qualify as wrestlers, and they're haemorrhaging fans by the hour. The way I see it, this whole thing is just a last desperate attempt to save TCW - they're trying to leech off FWRFed's success, because they're jealous, because they can't take the fact that we have the top stars, that we aren't being investigated by Congress and that we are a vibrant and healthy fed!"

Tex: Oh come on, this is ridiculous. There's no bad blood between TCW and FWRFed - we've exchanged talent and helped promote each other's shows in the past.

Cain: Shamrock is himself an example of that. That's why he was in TCW in the first place.

Shamrock lifts the microphone again, preparing for another rant, but his words are cut off by the sound of The Yeah Yeah Yeah's Down Boy. Stern walks out onto the stage to her usual mixed reaction.

<center>Image</center>

"Very cute, Shamrock. Tantrums are so becoming in a young man."

"You got something to say, Stern?"

"Yes, I do. See, it's interesting that you call FWRFed ‘healthy', and that you imply my locker room is divided, when, just a few months ago, your Commissioner fired half your roster..."

Banter: She's got him there!

"That's completely different," Shamrock yells into his mic.

"Maybe so, but I'm not the one constantly setting my own henchmen at odds with one another. Tell me, how is your stable-mate Red Barker getting on after you nearly broke his wrist at BloodBath?"

"Red is just fine, thanks."

"Glad to hear it. You be sure to tell him that there's always a spot on the roster in TCW for a guy like him, won't you?"

Cain: I think this is going to get ugly pretty fast.

"Now, Shamrock," Stern continues, "you've been trying ever so hard all night to find out what I have planned for FWRFed, but you've really been looking in all the wrong places and for all the wrong things. See, I don't give a damn about Powers's one horse town of a fed, or anyone in it. TCW isn't planning an attack, because we don't need to. If we wanted to destroy FWRFed, we'd just let Powers do it for us...which he already has been doing..."

"Get to the point, Stern!"

"Okay then, here's my point. You said I was holding you down, and that I have no respect for FWRFed or its talent. Well you're wrong about that. I have the utmost respect for anyone that can prosper in such a poisonous environment and the utmost sympathy for anyone who rises to the top, only to be cruelly knocked down by one man's pitiful ego."

Tex: Hold on a minute...

"The reason I wanted Powers and all the FWRFed fans to be watching tonight isn't because TCW is planning anything - no, you already started hammering nails into your coffin yourselves, all we have to do is clean up your mess and benefit from the fallout - it's because of the newest acquisition to our roster. Someone I think you're very familiar with, Will..."

<center><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZUNvcU93UM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZUNvcU93UM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object></center>

Tex: Oh my God!

Banter: You've got to be kidding me!

Shamrock's mouth is open in shock as, from behind the curtain, a familiar figure emerges.

<center>Image</center>

Cain: It's Indigo! The woman fired and stripped off the FWRFed World's Championship by Brent Powers in his cull of the roster! What a coup for TCW!

Indigo waves to the fans who are already chanting her name, but her smile looks tight and reserved. Stern shakes her hand and then beckons for the camera to one side of them to focus in on her.

"I hope you're watching, Brent, and I hope you can see that you did this to yourself. You let one of the greatest talents in modern wrestling go because of a petty vendetta, and TCW is the one that benefits."

Tex: This is incredible! Indigo has joined TCW! What does this mean for the future of our sport?

Cain: I have no idea, but Shamrock can't believe what's just happened.

The fans still chant for Indigo as Shamrock shakes his head in disbelief, pacing back and forth in the ring. The camera focuses back in on Indigo, who smiles again, but still with that odd look in her eyes.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]