[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Friction in Porto Alegre, Brazil (March 6 2008)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Friction in Porto Alegre, Brazil (March 6 2008) 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Friction in Porto Alegre, Brazil (March 6 2008)
<center>Image
We are the Willing

Led By The Unknowing

Doing The Impossible

For The Ungrateful

We Have Now

Done So Much

For So Long

For So Many

With So Little

We Can Now Do Anything

With Nothing At All

I wish I would've met you
Now it's a little late
What you could've taught me
I could've saved some face
They think that your early ending
Was all wrong
For the most part they're right
But look how they all got strong
That's why I say hey man nice shot
What a good shot man
A man
Has gun
Hey man
Have fun
Nice shot
Now that the smokes gone
And the air is all clear
Those who were right there
Got a new kind of fear
You'd fight and you were right
But they were just to strong
They'd stick it in your face
And let you smell what they consider wrong
That's why I say hey man nice, nice shot
What a good shot man
A man
Has gun
Hey man
Have fun
Nice shot
I'd say
Nice shot

*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH!*

Image Image Image</center>

Tex: Ladies and gents, welcome to another exciting edition of TCW FRICTION!

Cain: We're starting things off tonight with --

Banter: They're telling us to go the backstage cameras... Here goes!

A black limo pulls up outside the arena. The sun, low in the afternoon sky, reflects off the polished bodywork and the blackout windows. As the engine hums softly, the driver steps out and opens one of the rear doors. A shoe, as shiny and black as the car, hits the asphalt, and the camera pans up to reveal a tall man in a grey pinstripe suit set off by a green tie.

Banter: Hey, it's Kermit!

Tex: Kermit just pulled up at the arena. What does he want here tonight?

Cain: Word is he's all healed from his injuries...

Kermit straightens his hat and makes for the doors to the arena. His jaw is firm, and his face looks impassive.

Banter: I bet somebody's going to get knocked out tonight!

Cain: Now, as I was saying earlier, we're starting off tonight with something a little disturbing...

Tex: This footage is from before the show.

The TwistedTron comes to life again... Banter is in Sammy Eubanks's position, holding the mic.

Banter: Alright, folks, before we get started tonight, we have a special guest for you!

Guitar music rocks throughout the arena, and the crowd begins cheering loudly.

Banter: That's right! The one, the only, the Latin American Superstar himself, TELEVISIO!

A tall, bulky wrestler appears on the ramp, dancing and gyrating to the music. His silver outfit and mask reflect the stage lights as he waves to the audience, making his way to the ring.

Banter: As a special treat tonight, we'll see TELEVISIO take on a challenger before the show!

The crowd cheers loudly. TELEVISIO continues to dance around the ring.

Suddenly, "End of my rope" by Biohazard blares through the loudspeakers and a few long time fans get up from their seats. On the Twistedtron the image of an old derelict building is shown, as the cajmera pans across the door, the words "Welcome to Arkham" appear. As the fans stare in disbelief at the entrance ramp a man wearing black appears, his hair is pitch black as is his ring gear...on his pale white face a balck beard and sick grin appears.

Banter: And here is his opponent...Ahriman!?

Ahriman races towards the ring, heading straight for TELEVISIO. He slides in and the two men tussle, trading punches. Televisio seems thrown off by Ahriman's aggression.

The crowd continues to cheer for their hero, and Ahriman's aggressive attacks continue. He's tossing Televisio towards the turn-buckle... but Televisio flips over him!

As Ahriman charges forward, Televisio leapfrogs, tossing Ahriman to the mat. Ahriman jumps to his feet, chasing after Televisio again. But once more, the Latin Superstar avoids his attack.

Ahriman lands head-first into the turn-buckle, collapsing on the mat. Televisio dances around for the crowd. Letting go of his focus, Televisio turns to play to the crowd.

Banter: Oh oh...baaaad mistake!

As Televisio plays to the fans, Ahriman creeps up on him, his long and almost snow white arms slither around his head and neck and locks in his dreaded finisher.

Cain: The Guilded Cage! He has Televisio in the Guilded cage, as far as I remember only Darkness has managed to escape the Guilded Cage of Ahriman.

Tex: To be perfectly honest, Darkness escaped the Guilded Cage as applied by Jason Dante...

Banter: Why hasn't anyone even cared to mentioned that this Ahriman is Jason Dante?

Tex: He is?

Banter: YES! Look at the face, look at the way he walks...he is...

Tex: Banter, I was being sarcastic.

Banter : Oh

As Ahriman has televisio locked in the Guilded Cage, a camera man jumps up on the apron to get a good close up of the return of Ahriman. As he does, Ahriman sees a glimpse of himself in the lens of the camera. As he does he freezes and stares at the man he had become. With a scream he throws Television down and drags his hands through his hair in a vain effort to get rid of the hair dye...large flakes of hair dye comes off in his hands and still he stares at his now black stained hands.

He drops to his knees and yells "NO! NOT HIM...NOT HIM!"

As Ahriman/Dante is having moment of confusion and pain, Televisio sneaks up on Dante, bounces off the ropes and hits a Shining wizard,a s the knee hits Dante's temple, Dante goes down in a heap even as the referee registers the 1,2,3 Ahriman/Dante keeps staring at his hands as if they were dangerous animals. As the crowd cheers and Television soaks in the glory of a win over a former World champion, Dante slowly walks away, mesmerised by his semi black hands.
As he reaches the ramp he stares out across the crowd and as each face soaks in he screams again before dashing out of the arena, leaving more questions then answers behind.

Banter: Uhh... Your winner, TELEVISIO!!

The crowd cheers and the feed cuts out.

Cain: Long-time fans will remember Ahriman as the persona used by Jason Dante when he first entered ECF. A persona that he has used from time to time since then. So why is Jason Dante appearing now, in his Ahriman guise?

Tex: Questions abound, Cain. Why the Ahriman persona, yes. But also where on earth has he been? Last we saw, Jason meekly left the ring with that freak The Hunter. We've not seen hide nor hair of him since. And then he shows up before the show in a mask... but then he leaves once again!

Banter: It's too bad. I kinda liked the aggression.

Cain: Your guess is as good as mine, Tex. I guess we'll just have to hope for some explanation to Dante's weird behaviour lately...

Tex: Next time he shows up randomly, I suppose.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:26 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

</center>

The Mark of Silence comes out to the ring with Raja sometimes smoking a cigar on the way to the ring; he looks at the fans like he is trying to say something unto Raja smacks him across the face and tells him to move his ass. The Mark then walks to the ring jogging up the stairs he takes one more puff of his cigar before he lays ageist the turnbuckle waiting for his opponent.

Sammy Eubanks: The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, in the ring, from Orlando, Florida, weighing in at 235 lbs... THE MAAAAARK OF SIIIILEEEEENCE!!!!

Tex: We saw The Mark of Silence make his debut in a triple threat match for the AfterShock championship, where he put in a good showing versus David Hardy and Drako. Mark of Silence may have lost, but can he pick up the win against his opponent tonight?

TMS' music dies down as his opponent makes his entrance...

Light circle the arena as Rock this Town kicks on the speakers. Aaron enters during the opening music , almost dancing, waving to the fans. He starts walking down the ramp as the vocals begin.

Sammy: And the opponent...from Tucson, Arizona, weighing in at 210 lbs...AAAAAAAROOOON...KEEEEEEEENIIIIIIIING!

Well my baby and me went out late Saturday night
I had my hair piled high and my baby just looks so right
Well, pick you up at ten got to have you home by two,
Mama don't know what I've got in store for you
Well that's alright 'cause we're looking as cool as can be

Aaron slides into the ring.

Well we found a little place that really didn't look half bad
I'll have a whiskey on the rocks and change of a dollar for the jukebox
Well, I put a quarter right into that can, but all it played was disco man
C'mon pretty baby, let's get outta here right away.

He stands up on the ring posts, arms held high smile on his face and pointing to various fans in the arena.

We're gonna rock this town, rock it inside out
We're gonna rock this town, make 'm scream and shout
Let's rock, rock, rock man rock, rock
We're gonna rock till we pop, We're gonna roll till we drop
We're gonna rock this town, rock it inside out

He mounts the opposite turnbuckle and repeats the previous action before jumping down and getting set for the match.

Cain: This should be an interesting matchup. Let's see how Keening's mat wrestling style fares against the rookie Mark of Silence in his second match.

DING-DING!

The two competitors lock up in the center of the ring to begin the contest, and it is Keening who gets an early advantage, showing his technical prowess by quickly spinning around Mark of SIlence and grasping him in a waistlock. Now in an advantageous position, he grasps him by the arm and pulls him into an Irish Whip. He runs towards the opposite ropes to bounce off them, and goes for a clothesline, but Mark of Silence ducks it.

Instead, on the rebound, Mark of Silence is able to hit his own clothesline, taking Keening to the ground. Keening isn't one to stay down so easily though, and quickly stands up and ducks his next clothesline, countering it with a skillful drop toehold. He grasps the ankle...

Tex: It looks like Keening could be going for Fermata already!

Banter: He could definitely make that rookie tap out right here.

Mark of Silence visibly senses the danger and smartly grasps the nearby rope, forcing Keening to give up on the submission before it even starts. He doesn't allow Keening to continue on his advantage, standing up, and in the middle of Keening's next charge, stops it with a boot to the stomach. He irish whips Keening, sending him right into the turnbuckle. He's already charging Keening, jumping into the air and catching his opponent's head with his legs, pulling him down and over, to the 'oooh' of the crowd.

Cain: Beautiful hurricanrama by Mark of Silence! The cover...

One...

Two...

No! Kickout.

Mark of Silence tries to remain on the dominant side with a controlling headlock, but Keening seems just too slippery to stay in it for long. He elbows his way out of it. Frustrated, Mark of Silence goes for a big right hand which Keening ducks. He gets behind his opponent...and pulls him down to the mat, shoulders down! Backslide pin!

One...

Two...

Th...No!

Cain: Keening kicks out!

Banter: No way he could have pinned him that easily.

Keening and Mark of Silence both get to their feet quickly, and trade right hands in the middle of the ring. Keening catches one, and quickly rolls Mark of Silence to the mat with an arm drag, never giving the rookie breathing room by catching him with an arm drag each time he stands up. After weakening his opponent, Keening irish whips him to the ropes, and catches him with a spinning heel kick. Upon standing, he throws him arms in the air much to the cheers of the crowd, and stalks his opponent...

Tex: It looks like he could finish Mark of Silence off here.

Cain: There could be a Staccato DDT coming!

Sure enough, when Mark of Silence stands again, he gets a boot to the stomach. Keening locks him in with a front facelock and lifts him into the air vertically, preparing to drive him into the mat.

And Mark of Silence falls...back into a standing position, reversing the potentially fatal move! Keening, surprised, receives his own boot to the stomach and before he knows it, he's driven face first into the mat in a facebuster-style move, and then is just STOMPED into it as Mark of Silence leaps into the air and drives both boots into the back of Keening's head.

Tex: Whoa! That's a devestating move right there!

Cain: I believe he calls that move, aptly, the Mark of Silence!

Banter: Well, Keening certainly isn't saying much right now.

He turns his prone opponent onto his back and hooks the leg...

One...

Two...

Three!

The bell rings. It's over.

Sammy: Here is your winner...THE MAAAAAAARK OF SIIIILEEENCE!

Tex: He did it! The rookie picks up his first win here on Friction, defeating Aaron Keening with his finisher.

Cain: Great counter at the end by Mark of Silence, avoiding defeat and turning it into victory!

Tex: There's still plenty more coming up here on TCW Friction, so don't turn off that set!

Backstage, a locker room door swings open, and Highone steps into view.

Banter: It's Highone! This is the greatest day ever!

Tex: So, whose side are you on? His or Hardy's?

Banter: Don't you pay any attention to the booking, Tex? They're on the same side - the RoXoRz are back!

Cain: But Highone attacked Hardy last week. Stern has put them together, I guess, so they can work out their problems.

Highone's face looks serious, and there's no sign of any RoXeTtEs nearby. He turns a corner, and almost runs into a wall of white flesh.

"Whoa...who the hell...?"

Steelfist turns around, towering over the decorated veteran.

Cain: Are we about to see a sneak preview of the match here?

"I'm Steelfist," the giant thunders.

"Yeah, I just bet you are," Highone sneers, "wasn't one albino freak enough for Stern? I hope you don't planning on abducting any of my girlfriends..."

Steelfist frowns, but Highone just rolls his eyes and steps past him.

"Hey, don't walk away from me," the strange man growls, making a grab for Highone's shoulder. As the massive white hand settles, he spins abruptly, throwing out a knee that buries itself in Steelfist's abdomen. The giant staggers back, but recovers quickly and makes a grab for Highone.

Tex: These two opponents are already going at it by the looks of things!

Steelfist has a grip on Highone, but the martial artist escapes quickly and rears back for a palm strike, only to suddenly go staggering out of shot as a steel chair smashes into his back.

Cain: What the hell? Has Ivan gotten involved in this brawl too?

But it isn't Ivan - it's Hardy, and the Aftershock Superstar steps over Highone, a dark look on his face. He lifts the chair again, but it's yanked out of his grasp by Steelfist who hurls it to one side. Hardy turns and looks at him askance.

"You two are supposed to be on the same side. You shouldn't..."

He doesn't get any further though as, from nowhere, the enormous red shape of Ivan crashes into him and hurls him against the wall.

"Vapid do-gooder!" he roars, "it's bad enough I have to work with you at my side, never mind you spreading your sickening philosophy to these insignificant worms!"

Banter: Where the hell did he come from?

Cain: I have no idea. It looked like he popped from thin air.

Steelfist bellows in fury and grabs Ivan, and the two behemoths start to struggle back and forth, locked in a titanic conflict. They wrestle against the wall, and Steelfist manages to gain the advantage, powering Ivan down and then forcing him away to stumble down the corridor.

"This is the end of the road, Ivan!" he says, levelling a finger.

"Never! My destiny is beyond the likes of you to prevent. It will take a creature made of far sterner stuff than Steelfist to end Ivan!"

The two giants crash into each other again, and as they hurl one another from wall to wall, plaster rains down. The fight carries them down the corridor and away, brawling into the bowels of the arena.

Tex: Wow...

Hardy stares after them before turning back to Highone, only to walk right into a strike to the jaw that sends him reeling. Highone kips up and turns rapidly on his heel, throwing out one leg that seems to move fast enough to decapitate his former tag partner. Hardy knows Highone too well though and manages to duck, grabbing Highone as his momentum carries him ‘round and slamming him up against the wall.

"You really wanna do this now, High'?"

"Good a time as any," Highone growls through gritted teeth.

"I don't think Valerie would appreciate it."

"‘Valerie'? Something you're not telling me, Dave?" Highone has a smirk on his face, and that's all it takes to enrage Hardy. With Highone helplessly pinned to the wall, he rears back and drives a fist into his face, laying into him again and again, bouncing his head off the brickwork until he slumps down to the floor, his face bruised and bloody.

Referees arrive on the scene too late to help Highone as Hardy stands over him, a look of hatred in his eyes. He breathes heavily, his fists clenching and unclenching.

Cain: I've never seen Hardy act this way, especially towards a man who I thought he was inseparable from...

Tex: It looks like the RoXoRz may be gone for good.

Banter: This is the worst day ever.

EMTs are showing up now, and no one takes any notice of Hardy as they tend to his former stable mate. Still staring down at the bloody Highone, he walks away, disappearing into the background.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:28 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Motörhead's "Iron Fist" starts to play and, to a mixed reaction, Commissioner Stern appears on the stage, flanked by her usual bodyguards, Adam Wilson and Jason Fragg.

<center>Image Image Image</center>

Sammy Eubanks: Ladies and gentleman, please welcome the Commissioner of TCW...Ms. Valerie Stern!

The ring is covered in red carpet, and there is a desk set up with two leather chairs on either side. A hulking figure in a suit, briefcase in one hand, is already standing ready by the desk. Stern steps into the ring - Wislon and Fragg know better than to sit on the ropes to help her in - and sits herself calmly in one of the chairs. The greying behemoth leans over her and opens his briefcase and produces a number of documents that he places in front of the Commissioner.

Tex: Ms. Stern does not look pleased to be in that ring.

Banter: Can you blame her? Poor woman, being bullied by her own employees...

Cain: Oh, give me a break.

The drum beats of "Battle of One" start as white lights strobe to the beat. The guitar riff starts, and blue strobes join the white lights. As the singer screams, Matt Strikmore makes his way through the entrance way.

<center>Image</center>

Sammy: And please welcome...MAAATT STRIIIKEMOOOOOORE!!!

Tex: Strikmore is back!

Banter: Big deal. What did he ever do?

Cain: He was the winner of the first Majestic Cup, outperforming the whole roster and beating DeSean Blackwell, Darkness and Drakus in the final. He became Transcontinental Champion within a couple of months of his debut, he was virtually undefe...

Banter: All right, all right. I didn't ask for his life story.

Strikmore grins at the fans and slaps hands as he walks past. Already, a loud chant has started for him. Stern doesn't look impressed. He climbs into the ring and takes the other seat, still grinning inanely.

Stern holds up a hand and Wilson passes her a microphone.

"Welcome back, Mr. Strikmore. It's so nice to see you in the ring legitimately instead of sneaking around like a criminal."

Strikmore starts to say something, but then realises that no one can hear him. He looks around, trying to see a microphone or someone who will hand him one, but none is forthcoming. He settles for a shrug.

"Now, since you have that free match in your back pocket, you've forced my hand." She taps a finger against the contract in front of her. "Let me explain how this will work. The prize for winning the Majestic Cup was a match with anyone you wanted, at any time, with any stipulation and, if applicable, for any belt."

Strikmore bobs his head.

"But you've asked for something else. If you win, you want your contract reinstated."

He nods again.

"Ordinarily, I wouldn't be willing to agree to something like that, but under the circumstances..."

Strikmore grins and reaches for his pen.

"Wait."

He stops, his hand in midair.

"Let me finish. Since we've agreed to this new scenario, you will have to sacrifice just a few of your options."

Strikmore frowns.

"You add the new stipulation; I take away your choice of opponent. You'll get your match, but I'll decide who it will be against."

Strikmore seems to consider, but then nods again and grabs his pen.

"Excellent." Stern scribbles down her signature and slides the contract across the desk. The lawyer points at the page, indicating where he should sign. Without hesitation, Strikmore puts down his John Hancock.

Stern stands up, offering her hand, and Strikmore takes it with a smile. They shake, but then Stern stops smiling and lifts the microphone again. "Don't you want to know who you're opponent will be, Matt?"

He mouths the word ‘sure'.

"The match will be at Stranglehold, and you'll be up against the holder of the title that you never lost."

Cain: Hold on a second...

Strikmore frowns, then realisation dawns.

"That's right, Matt. At the pay-per-view, your match to rejoin TCW will be against...Inferno. Have a pleasant evening."

She releases the handshake and leaves the ring as her music plays out, leaving Matt standing alone, looking dumbstruck.

Tex: Has Strikmore bitten off more than he can chew with this deal?

Banter: Check out the look on his face! What a dolt!

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-5PXzsQn3A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-5PXzsQn3A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Tex: What's this?

Cain: I have no idea.

Green pyros erupt from the stage, and Kermit walks out, still in his sharp suit. The fans give him a fairly negative reaction but he ignores it, his chiselled, Italian features remaining perfectly calm.

Cain: Kermit looks ready for a fight...

Banter: In a suit? Maybe if you actually owned some nice clothes, you'd understand how dumb that sounds.

He climbs into the ring and gestures for a microphone as the music dies down. The fans are booing loudly now, but Kermit ignores them as he clears his throat.

"God damn it's good to be back!"

The crowd don't seem impressed and Kermit's face clouds over.

"Glad to see I'm still appreciated around here. A man works hard, takes part in one of the most intense matches on the biggest pay-per-view of the year, recovers from a back injury that would have crippled a lesser man and he gets nothing but disrespect from you lowlifes!"

Tex: Kermit doesn't seem too happy with the reaction he's getting...

Banter: Would you be?

"Fortunately, I'm not here to appease all of you or impress you with pretty words. I don't care what you think of me." He leans on the ropes. "But I do care about what the boys in the back think of me. I've heard some rumours of some nasty talk about me - saying how I was put out of action by a girl."

The crowd are already chanting for Freya.

"At first, I was a bit embarrassed about it too. But I don't have to tell any of you that Freya is...not an ordinary girl..."

Cain: She sure isn't.

Banter: Shut up - he's going to give us some dirt on her!

Kermit pauses. "No...she's not normal at all..." he composes himself, "which is why I think it's time someone finally did what Atomic Welfare, Darkness, Bleeder and - probably after tonight - Inferno couldn't do. I'm going to step into that ring and beat Freya as bad as she beat me, and I'm going to make her bleed and take that belt from her."

Tex: That's a bold claim. He couldn't do it last time - what makes him think he can now?

Banter: Freya got lucky last time.

"See, Freya just got lucky last time..."

Banter: Ha! Told you!

"She was smarter than me, I admit that. She was a little quicker. She took me by surprise, and she didn't hesitate to put me out of action. What kind of woman treats a colleague like that? And, let me just explain, Freya and I..." he waved a hand, as if searching for the words, "...we went through some things before our match..."

Banter: Ooooh...this sounds good!

"I don't want to go into details about it. It's very private."

Banter: Kermit, you dog!

"But needless to say, I expected better from her. I thought I earned her respect. I thought we had a connection. She was supposed to be the good guy! Figuratively speaking...but I saw first-hand how she treats others. So I want her in the ring! I want my Bleeder Title back!"

Tex: Kermit sounds like a jilted lover. He has revenge in his eyes!

"I've already spoken to Commissioner Stern. My contract has been renewed, and she's kindly given me the opportunity of challenging for any belt I like. I think you can guess whose ass I plan to kick! And when all is said and done, Freya is going to be the one convalescing in a medical facility - and, believe me, it's going to be for a lot longer than..."

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Mwo2lGdXU&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Mwo2lGdXU&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Cain: Hey, that's not Freya!

Kermit frowns at the stage as the fans rise to their feet.

Tex: Darkness isn't even supposed to be here tonight!

Darkness apparently doesn't care about Tex's information as he walks out onto the stage. He's wearing his jacket and black shirt with the faded cross on it, and both of his World Titles are slung over his shoulders.

"Can I help you, champ?"

"That depends," Darkness answers, raising his own microphone to his lips.

"On?"

"On whether you're willing to take on someone your own size."

Kermit laughs. "What is this? Chivalry? From the guy who once tried to..."

Darkness takes a step forward and Kermit holds up his hand.

"I guess you wouldn't want me talking about that would you?"

Darkness says nothing, so Kermit continues talking.

"I wonder why Freya can't speak for herself? Why would she send out hired help? Maybe she's more of a coward than I thought, maybe she's..."

"Shut up. You want a fight? You can have a fight. You can have a fight with me."

The fans are cheering, and Kermit lifts an eyebrow.

Cain: Is Darkness throwing down the gauntlet here?

Tex: It sure looks like it, though I didn't think Darkness was the type to just start picking fights.

Cain: It's certainly odd behaviour from the champ...

"You really want to fight me, Darkness? What could I possibly have to gain from that?"

"Are you scared?"

Kermit laughs. "Of you? Why would I be?"

"If you don't know, I guess you haven't been paying much attention these past few years."

The crowd is chanting for Darkness now, the two syllables reverberating around the huge open-air arena.

"I came out here to challenge Freya, not you. I don't know or care what's going on between you and her, but if you're speaking for her, I suggest you tell her to get out here and do the talking herself, alright?"

"I'm not talking for her. I'm talking for me. You can posture all you like; act like the wronged party, but if you don't have the balls to..."

"I have the balls to do anything you care to name!" Kermit interrupts, shouting despite himself.

"Then fight me."

"Why? What's in it for me?"

Darkness lifts the belts from his shoulders. "These."

Cain: Whoa! Is Darkness offering Kermit a title shot?

Banter: Does he even have the authority to do that?

Tex: They're his belts. And considering the animosity between he and Stern lately, I doubt he's too concerned with following the rules. He's taking his destiny into his own hands...uh...hand...

Kermit doesn't reply. Just slowly works his jaw, but no words are coming.

"I'll let you think about it. I'm sure you know where to find me," Darkness says, before turning and walking off the stage as his music starts up again. Kermit is left looking after him, wondering if he got more than he bargained for.

Cain: Any speculation as to why Darkness is suddenly offering this seemingly-random challenge to Kermit??

Tex: Well, there is some history there, but it's still very out of character!

Banter: Whatever, Kermit would whoop him anyway. Let's get into a match or something!

Tex: Well our main event is about to start, so for once, Banter, you'll get what you want!

<center>Image Image
</center>

An absolutely demonic sounding organ begins to play, as all lights in the arena are dimmed. Only one, dark, absolutely crimson spotlight remains on the stage.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYWtP9hVE68"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYWtP9hVE68" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sammy Eubanks: The following non-title match is scheduled for one fall...introducing first...weighing in at 290 lbs...he is the TCW TRANSCONTINENTAL CHAMPION...INFEEEEEEEEEEERNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The beginning of 'Raining Blood' plays along with an entrance video filled with mysterious images as the arena goes completely dark. It is not until the music begins to pick up that Inferno finally emerges in the entryway, and raises his arms triumphantly as pillars of flame surround him, and flank him as walks down the ramp. Images of his path of destruction play on the Twistedtron all the while.

Tex: As Sammy says, this match is non-title, but that only goes for the TC title - if Freya is unfortunate enough to bleed in this match, her belt could be on the line too.

Banter: Do you have to remind everyone of that every time she's in a match?

Tex: Well it's always good to reiterate the rules. We wouldn't want people to get confused about the Bleeder Title rules.

<i>Faint white figures paint my sleep
Please don't tell my secrets keep them hidden (you got it, you got it, you got it)
If the words that matter reach your face from floor
Will you be wondering if, or (do I need what is given or honest)
Does it cost me scarring if the words stay true
Even number your nephew (I don't want it, don't want it, don't want it anymore) </i>

An explosion sounds above the entrance ramp, sending golden pyro raining down.

Sammy: And his opponent, on the way to the ring...from Oxford, England...weighing in at 143lbs...she is the TCW BLEEDER CHAMPION...FREEEEEYAAAAAAAA!!!!

<i>And when the answer that you want
Is in the question that you state
Come what may!
Come what may!

And when the answer that you want
Come what may!
Come what may! </i>

Freya walks down the ramp, looking grim and determined.

<i>In a pain that buckles out your knees
Could you stop this if I plead (you got it, you got it, you got it)
So destined I am to walk among the dark
A child in keeping secrets from (will they know what I've done in the after)
In the sought for matter when the words blame you
In a blood red summer I'll give you (I don't want it, don't want it, don't want it) </i>

Freya climbs into the ring and lifts her belt over her head before turning around and facing Inferno. The monster towers over her.

<i>And when the answer that you want
Come what may!
Come what may! </i>

Cain: Freya came incredibly close to becoming the new World Champion at Retribution. Some say she should have won the belts in fact.

Tex: I think three belts is too much for one young lady, but I don't doubt they'd look good on her.

Banter: A female Unified World Champion?! This isn't 2005 you know!

Inferno and Freya square up to one another. The bell sounds and Inferno makes a grab, only for Freya to duck out of the way and bring him down with a dropkick to the knee. Inferno is staggered, and Freya drives a knee into his back, trying to take him down to the mat. He stays on his knees and she goes for a sleeper, but the TC Champion gets to his feet and yanks Freya over his head and down to the mat. He drops a leg and tries for a cover...

One...no, not enough!

Cain: Inferno looks like he's trying to end this one quickly.

Tex: This match must mean a lot to him. I can't say I know much about this strange young man, but he's found himself facing a lot of high-profile opponents early in his career, and now he needs to make his mark.

He whips Freya into the corner and charges in, but she hops up to the turnbuckle and jumps over him. As he turns around, she hits another dropkick and then follows up with a monkey flip out of the corner. Inferno is down and Freya executes a standing moonsault before hooking his leg...

One...

Kickout!

Freya tries to pull Inferno to his feet, but he uses his weight to bring her down to the mat instead and attempts to lock in a cross-armbreaker, but Freya manages to roll out and into the ropes. Inferno drags her out and whips her across the ring, bending down for a back body drop, but Freya hops over his back and pulls him down into a sunset flip...

One...

Tw...no!

Tex: A near fall there.

Banter: I'm so tired of seeing Freya jumping around the ring and winning. I hope Inferno goes to town on her.

Inferno rolls upright and grabs one of Freya's legs. He tries to turn her over and grab the other, but she kicks her way free and kips up before hitting a dropsault that sends Inferno staggering back against the ropes. She backs up and clotheslines the huge man over the top rope.

Cain: This match has already spilled on to the outside!

Inferno struggles up on the outside, but Freya flies into him with a vaulting body press. Inferno is down and Freya heads up to the apron, hurling herself at him as he stands, only to be caught. Inferno charges the ring post with a roar and slams Freya back first into it.

Tex: He nearly broke her in half!

Inferno rolls his opponent into the ring and then goes for a pin...

One...

Two...

No! Freya gets her shoulder up!

Inferno picks her up and lands a release German before stomping her down. He sizes up the young woman for a moment before lifting her roughly and then nearly breaking her in half with a pendulum backbreaker. He goes for another cover...

One...

Tw...not enough!

Inferno flips Freya over and locks one massive arm around her neck, places his knee in the small of her back and then wrenches upwards, subjecting her back to intense strain. Freya tries to claw her way out of his grip, but Inferno is too strong. She reaches for the ropes, but they're nowhere near.

Cain: It looks like Inferno may be targeting Freya's back here.

Tex: Probably a wise strategy.

Freya tries to rock her way free, and, that failing, goes back to clawing at his biceps. Inferno seems to realise something and abruptly releases Freya, letting her slump down to the mat.

Banter: What's he doing?

Cain: I think he may have realised that, if he wants to get the most out of this match, he needs to bust her open and win the Bleeder Title.

Banter: Oh. That's smart.

Inferno mounts Freya and begins to lay in rights and lefts. After deciding she is sufficiently sedated, walks to the corner. He starts to untie the turnbuckle. Freya gets to her feet and Inferno charges, knocking her to the mat with a knee to the temple. Freya holds her forehead as Inferno drags her up by the waist and then drives her into the canvas with an Incinerator Suplex. He lifts her again and then whips her at the exposed turnbuckle, but Freya comes to her senses and leaps up to the top rope, flying off and into Inferno. She lands a crossbody and holds on for the pin...

One...

But Inferno rolls through and covers instead...

One...

Tw...no!

Inferno holds on with the lateral press though and lifts Freya up. He takes a few steps and then hits a thunderous powerslam.

Tex: Freya may be in trouble here...

Cain: Inferno will try to make her bleed if he can, but he might end up crippling her on the way.

He stands slowly and cracks his knuckles as he looks down at Freya. He reaches down and picks her up. He hooks her arms and lifts her into the air, but Freya reverses and drops down to the mat, freeing one arm and twisting the other back around into a hammerlock. She jumps up, grabbing Inferno's jaw and dropping down into the Lungblower. Inferno rolls onto his back, flat out, and Freya pins...

One...

Two...

Thre...no!

Freya only arches one eyebrow at Inferno. She rolls him up to his feet and grabs him in a three-quarter front-facelock before heading for the corner.

Inferno reverses though, turning and grabbing her by the throat as she jumps off the turnbuckle and then driving her into the mat with a huge chokeslam. He covers...

One...

Two...

Thre...no! Freya just manages to roll her shoulder up!

Inferno wastes no time, hauling Freya up and kneeing her in the gut. He reaches out, intending to envelop her small face in one massive hand, but she dodges and brings him down with a drop toehold. Inferno goes face first into the exposed turnbuckle, and Freya rolls him up with a schoolgirl...

One...

Two...

No! Kickout!

Tex: I thought that was it!

Cain: Inferno only just managed to kick out, but it looks like that shot off the steel of the exposed turnbuckle has taken its toll.

Inferno is still down on the mat, and only crawls to his feet slowly. Freya whips him into the corner and he slumps down. She gets her shoulder underneath him and starts to lift him onto the second rope.

Banter: What's she doing?

Tex: Freya may be looking for a big move off the top rope here...

Freya hooks Inferno in position for a superplex, but Inferno recovers in time and knocks her down to the mat with a big right hand. Freya lands hard, and Inferno takes his opportunity. He climbs up to the top rope and measures his target before leaping off with a shooting star press.

Cain: Oh my God!

Tex: Inferno off the top rope with an incredible move!

But there's no one home! Freya rolls out of the way and Inferno crashes face-first into the mat. The impact nearly bounces him back up to his feet and Freya strikes, jumping up onto his back and hitting another Lungblower.

Cain: A second Lungblower! This could be all over!

She pins...

One...

Two...

Three!!!

Tex: Freya wins! What a victory for this young woman, at the apex of an incredible career!

Banter: This is getting ridiculous. Bleeder couldn't beat her, Darkness couldn't beat her - I say we have her face a bear next show.

Freya has her hand raised in victory and breathes heavily as she looks down at the fallen Inferno. She takes her belt and lifts it over her head, giving her fans only a ghost of a smile as she leaves the ring.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:33 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]