[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Woodrow Daniels
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Woodrow Daniels 
Under Carder

Post Woodrow Daniels
Character Name: Woodrow Daniels (Sometimes shortened to Woody. Also sometimes referred to by his former name Crazy Hobo or Hobo)

Height: 6'3

Weight: 232 lbs

Physical Description:

Hometown: New York City, New York

Entrance Music:

Alignment: Heel - Perhaps the most pure heel in FWRFed, he's an evil man.

Personality/Gimmick: Cold and hardened to the world for reasons found in his character biography, and left a little out of his mind due to multiple traumas and years as The Crazy Hobo.

Character Bio: The Story from Daniels own mouth

Originally posted by Rage, Revolution 5/06/09

"Let me tell you a story, Powers. The story of a young man with his whole life ahead of him. You may know him – his name was Woodrow Daniels. Once, he was a normal man just like you. An aspiring pro. wrestler with an awful lot of potential. He was a good worker, and an honest man with a lot of heart. He paid his dues, he did the job, but he never got anywhere. He bounced from indy fed to indy fed, trying to get over, but every time politics held him down. Glass ceilings, all that stuff. He just couldn't catch a break. He slept in his car, he ate peanut butter sandwiches, he bled and sweat and wept for his career, but all he got was rejection."

Denning is standing right by the table now, close to Powers.

"One day though, everything changed for young Daniels. He was in a match – a brutal gimmick match with another no-name like him, which was on the card just to give the handful of fans who showed up to the high school gym a bit of bloodletting. Two cattle, bleeding for the baying fans. Daniels was as professional as ever, he did his best to put on the show of a lifetime, but he took a bad bump – a powerbomb went awry, and he landed right on his head. It knocked all the sense out of him: he forgot who he was, he forgot how to wrestle, he forgot everything. He was left a mindless, drooling moron. It was a tragedy."

Powers is staring up at Denning now, his eyes wide.

"So how did the promoter treat him? How did he care for this poor, injured man? He turned him out on the street, Powers. He took his share of the gate and abandoned him. Daniels – Woody Daniels – had nowhere to go. He was reduced to being a bum, begging for change, only able to stammer one word. This is the part of the story you know now, Powers, because that's when Daniels came to you. He wandered in off the street, nothing to his name but a filthy jacket and a crumpled ID to identify him, and you saw dollar signs. You saw a man who could work – after a fashion – and who you could pay a pittance. He was happy with loose change for payment, and that suited you just fine."

"Look..."

"I'M NOT FINISHED! You took Daniels and put him in a ring. He had no idea where he was, and no idea what to do, but you marketed him as a comedy act. You called him the 'Crazy Hobo' and made light of his tragedy. He was a sideshow – a CIRCUS FREAK – and you fed him to men with minds who were whole, who hadn't been mentally crippled by this industry. You treated him like a commodity – like cattle."

"Hey, now..."

"LISTEN, YOU PIECE OF SHIT! You used Daniels, and you exploited him for your own gains." Denning straightens and smiles. He looks out at the fans. "Some of you might be feeling outraged on Daniels' behalf now too – you might think Powers is scum too, but you might want to look at yourselves in the mirror sometime, FWRFed fans. YOU CHEERED TOO. YOU THREW CHANGE AT HIM. YOU PEOPLE ARE AS MUCH HUMAN GARBAGE AS THIS PIECE OF TRASH POWERS IS!"

GW: Whoa...

JJ: Does this guy have a chip on his shoulder or what?

Denning leans back into Powers. "Didn't you ever notice what I called Daniels throughout this 'investigation'? I never called him by his name, Powers. I called him 'Crazy Hobo'. He was a man, a human being and none of you," he gives the fans a quick scan again, "not one person ever corrected me. No one really gives a shit about Hobo. Where were the memorials? Where were the tributes? No one called me on my bullshit until now. He was the most successful Revolution Champion of all time! All of you treated him like the same subhuman: all of you spat on him in death as much as you did in life."

"Fuck! What is your deal, Denning? Why do you give a shit?"

"Why do I give a shit? Look closer, Powers...look beyond the beard and the filth and the rat..."

"What?"

"I told you I killed him, remember? I killed the Hobo. Thing is, this isn't really a murder investigation, because what happened on that episode of Defiance wasn't murder...it was suicide..."

JJ: Huh?

GW: Hang on a second here...

"My name's not Waylon Denning, Powers. It's something you ought to be much more familiar with than that. A name you should know all too well."

Denning finally casts away his hat. He throws off his glasses and shakes out his hair, black, but now streaked with red. The camera focuses in on him, revealing the ginger stubble that clings to his chin.

"Still don't recognise me, Powers? Why am I not surprised? Let me spell it out for you...my name is WOODROW DANIELS."

Powers leaps up from his chair and staggers backwards. The crowd are stunned into silence.

"Surprised? You shouldn’t be. No one ever bothered to check the body, did they? Why would they? He was just a HOBO."

"Listen...listen..."

"Want to hear the rest of the story now? Mohawk threw me through that window and it gave me another bump on the head. I remembered everything, and I also remembered what I’d been through as the Crazy Hobo. I remembered how you treated me – the humiliation, the degradation, the constant, mind-numbing hunger and cold. I knew, first hand, how society treated its rejects, and I saw the way that filth like you took advantage of them. So I hatched a plan. I decided to kill off Hobo and masterminded this 'investigation'. To SHOW YOU what you all were. To SHOW YOU your ugly side. To SHOW YOU the rot at the heart of this business and this promotion."

Besides faking his own death he's probably most famous as the longest reigning Revolution Champion in FWRFed history and for his rivalries with Red Barker and William Shamrock and for being the on again/off again bane of Brent Power's existence.

Stable or Tag: Currently loosely aligned with Gabriel Bathory based on their shared Legacy of Insanity. In TCW and FWR he is often seen accompanied by his protege/bodyguard, former NFL Linebacker Nike Washington.

Titles Held: FWRFed Revolution Champion (09-08-07 to 06-20-08)
FWRFed World's Heavyweight Champion (07-09-09 to Current)

Fighting Style: I'd best describe it as intelligent viciousness. He's out to do harm first and sometimes winning is second to that and he's smart enough to know best how to do both.

Signature Moves: Double armed DDT, Thez Press, Mule Kick, Sidewalk Slam, blatant chokes, plays possum a lot. Lots of punching and kicking.

Finishing Moves: Piledriver, Armbar

Contact Details: PM me here or on 411.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]