View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Welcome Back... For Real! 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Welcome Back... For Real!
Sorry for all the downtime! Things have been way more ridiculous than they should have ever been, but it's pretty much all done now.

The only thing that is not done is the Search function. That's something I'm working out with our new host right now, and it will be back up eventually. Right now, it might work, but it is incomplete.

Because HTML code is not allowed in phpbb3, some posts -- especially the shows -- will look a little odd. This will be sorted out shortly as well.

A lot of the differences in this upgrade are only visible behind the scenes, but you'll notice some changes when you post, edit your profile, etc. Go put in your birthday!

If anyone runs into any trouble, please let me know and I'll get it sorted out!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:35 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: Welcome Back... For Real!
Here are some new features of the software:

Attachments:

Users can attach files and images with the post.

Birthdays:

The PhpBB3 will automatically show the list of users having birthday on the current day.

Post Icons:

Users can select icons for posts. The icons will be displayed in the forums in front of the post title. New post icons can be added through the admin panel.

Font Colors:

PhpBB3 supports variety of font colors. Users can apply color to the text using the color swatch in the sidebar.

Use Profile:

In the profile, PhpBB3 will show the most active forum and most active topic related to a particular user.

User Status:

You can see the status of other users .In the left hand side of each post made by a user, the board will show user’s online/offline status.

Multiple Private Messages:

Users can now send Private Messages to multiple users.

Manage Subscriptions:

Users can manage subscriptions and can delete topics from watchlist.

Bookmark Topics:

Users can bookmark topics for future reference which can be accessed from User Control Panel.

Save Posts as Drafts:

Users can save posts as drafts. The saved posts can be accessed from the User Control Panel.

Manage Attachments:

Users can manage uploaded attachments from the User Control Panel.

Friends:

This new feature ability enable a user to add friends and foes. The status of friends can be seen from the User Control Panel.

Foes:

Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible and personal messages will not be permitted.

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:46 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Expect random downtime as I rebuild the search index in parts. I'll try to plan it for when no one is around.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:29 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Custom User Titles are back. Let me know if you can't change yours! Or, if you're Strikmore, let me know what to change other people's to!

Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:53 am
Profile E-mail WWW

If you do not wish to receive the pop-up notification when you have a new private message, you can turn this feature off by going to User Control Panel -> Board Features.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:14 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]