[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - David Eddings, 1931-2009
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 David Eddings, 1931-2009 
in a cardboard box

Post David Eddings, 1931-2009
On June the 2nd, fantasy Author David Eddings passed away. He was never considered a great author, but he was one of the two the driving forces behind me learning to love books. Now my favorites Douglas Adams and David Eddings has passed away, I bow my head and observe a moment of silence before I continuethe quest these men set me out on, reading and loving it.

David Eddings has been quoted saying that he saw as his goal to teach a generation or two to read and love books, if they started with his stories and then moved on to larger, bigger and better works he considered his works a success.

Rest in Peace.

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:06 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
Linda McMahon

Post Re: David Eddings, 1931-2009
Aww. I read a lot of David Eddings, and although years later I was quite vocal in my retrospective dislike of his style, I have to acknowledge that he provided me with many happy hours of reading. He was an educated, intelligent author and while I wouldn't call his work "my bag" any more, he still did good work for good reasons.

RIP.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]