[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - City of Heroes/Villains
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 City of Heroes/Villains 
Rikishi's Thong

Post City of Heroes/Villains
Anyone else playing this? I'm kind of late to the party because it just came out for the Mac last month.

I've found it enjoyable, visually the character creator was spot on but powers wise I found it frustrating that none of the templates matched what I wanted to make. I ended up creating a Blaster type hero with Archery.

I don't really play MMO's and I'm happier soloing stuff, that said I had trouble figuring out where was the best place to go for my experience level.

That said I found it annoying that I'm kind of encouraged to run past the lower level street muggings because stopping them is in no way beneficial to me despite the fact that I'm a hero and I should do this.

It's been fun but I'm not totally hooked yet, maybe when I gain some higher level powers things will kick into gear?

Anyone else played/playing CoH/CoV

Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

Post Re: City of Heroes/Villains
I played for three years or so. I've been clean for about four months now. While I did have a level 50 character, I only did that to say that I did it. I probably had close to 40 characters over all the servers, between level 1 and 25. It does take a while to see what kind of character you enjoy the most.

Assuming things are the same when I left, the basic rule of thumb is:

Levels 1-5: Atlas Park / Galaxy City
Levels 5-9: Kings Row
Levels 9-12: Faultline (I think)

If you have a brand new character, try going to Atlas Park, and look to see if anyone is putting together a Sewer Team. Basically, a group of newbies runs through the sewers, killing everything in site until you either get to level 6 and everything is easy, or you all die. Either way, it's usually the fastest way to get those first few levels.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:20 pm
Rikishi's Thong

Thanks for the advice Strikemore, I'm up to Lvl 7 at the moment...maybe gonna get up to lvl 10 and try doing a Villain character, I started one but the Mac version seemed to have a glitch (or maybe just me) that kept moving you back to a certain point just after training. That might have been fixed now.

Probably not gonna run as many characters as you, that's insane man. :D

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

So how's the game going? I've always wondered if it was worth picking up, or if it was lame, or what.

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:19 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Rikishi's Thong

It was/OK....I'm not giving it lots of time....that might be telling that I'm more willing to come home from work and research ancient construction techniques rather than play this game....

I think my main problem is that whilst there is a nice range of powers and abilities...I still can't create the hero I want to be....it's frustrating....the actual gameplay is enjoyable and thanks to Strikemore's advice I'm getting into it more by doing missions but there's that underlying frustration that I'm playing as somebody that I don't really want to be.

Maybe I should go play Twisted Heroes.... :D

I think it's worth getting and giving the trial month a go, it's not too pricey nowadays. I'm not really an MMO person anyway, I don't really chat with other people on it. I wish CoH/CoV was like Minions of Mirth where you could play through offline.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

Keep an eye on the upcoming Champions Online MMO. Much better power customization, done by the same company that made CoH.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:32 pm
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:07 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]