[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Euro Cup
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Euro Cup 
Unintentionally Hilarious

Post Euro Cup
Go Spain. Sorry Maggy. 8)

If Ireland was in this that's where my heart would be...but we all know Ireland sucks. So I go with the other quarter part of my heritage.

DAVID VILLA!

Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:54 am
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

Oh no worries Ghetto, I'm cool with the game...I just want the blood of the Spanish assholes to stain the streets of Madrid and Barcelona.

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:07 am
Profile E-mail ICQ
Linda McMahon

Holland'll win it. Did you see how they hammered France?

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Rikishi's Thong

European Football is SOOOOO fascinating!!!

:bs:

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:56 pm
Linda McMahon

Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Rikishi's Thong

Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:44 pm
in a cardboard box

Holland does look strong as hell. They ran over the former World Cup finalist nations of Italy and France (ok both teams seemed to show age but still it's bloody France and Italy!) and to top that all off they will face an easy quaterfinal opponent in Russia or Sweden.

On the other hand Spain has been one of the favorites before hand, the problem is that don't have the full package like Holland does, sure Holland's defence is untested after the abysmal showings of France and Italy but SPain's defence got a decent examination by Sweden last night and was in my book at least found lacking in skill AND effort.

Then we have Portugal, the other of the Iberian Penninsula chokers...They had the 2004 Euro Cup presented until they ran into dumb boredom in the form of Greece. Ronaldo may be good but he won't lead Europes second choker nation (behind Spain) to the cup.

Germany has always been a favorite, Gary Linneker(sp?) once said that football is a game that plays out over two times fortyfive minutes and at the end Germany always wins. This yeat howevere, Linneker will be wrong though.

So as I see it, Holland wins it again...and they will erase the mark of shame the boring and duller then hell image Greece placed on the game when they won in 2004.

"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"

Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:56 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
Linda McMahon

Everyone always says Spain in these tournaments, but they're a classic quarter-final side - just like England. Same with Portugal too. Everyone always goes "oooh, they could be dark horses to win it!" but they never do. The Netherlands looked fantastic though - their game against France was unbelievable. When Henry scored, they went straight on the counter-attack and put one in within 30 seconds, and that 93rd minute goal (or whatever it was) was amazing. I never thought I'd see the day when France got hammered like that.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:53 pm
Profile E-mail

Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:35 pm
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:43 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
Linda McMahon

Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:26 am
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Un-fucking-believable. How the hell do you come back and equalise from being a goal down 90 seconds before the end of extra time? This has been quite the tournament so far - just a shame we aren't in it :x

Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:26 pm
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

Thommy...you already used the word un-fucking-beliveable...how the hell do you describe Russia?

They CRUSHED Sweden.
They DESTROYED Holland just now.

It's not that they just won...they DOMINATED one of the most dominating teams of the tournament.

Can anyone stop the Russians?

I mean as a long time Hockey fan, they remind me of the original big red machine, the football reminds me of the old Soviet Hockey greatness and the way the dominate...incredible. Italy or SPain will need to out do themselves to stand a chance against Russian conbfidence.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:07 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
Linda McMahon

My stepdad said it, and the commentator said it: the best team won. But that was Russia! It wasn't even lucky; they just plain beat them.

What a fucking tournament.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Like Thommy said in the Russia thread, everyone on Italy is old enough to be someone on Team Russia's dad.

So it's definitely up to Spain to even try to be these kids.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next