[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Smackdown vs Raw 2007
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Smackdown vs Raw 2007 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Smackdown vs Raw 2007
I just picked this up and I have a few questions...

1. Once I start unlocking and buying things, am I going to find more options for CAW appearances? Bottoms and hair seem especially lacking... is there more there?

2. This is the first SD vs Raw game I've played... What's the grapple philosophy? I'm really not understanding how it works. I know what the instruction book says, but it seems to be a crapshoot. Sometimes I can pull off the move I want, but sometimes I just end up doing whatever.

3. How the heck do I drag someone around the mat when they're down?

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:12 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

1. You have to experiment with 'Stylize' a little bit. Most of the pants can be made baggy or into shorts, etc. Plus obviously you can change the colour of everything. It is slightly more limited than earlier games in the Smackdown series though - you can't actually make a short-sleeved black shirt (though there are ways to be clever about it).

2. You grapple, then execute a move. If you're using the analogue sticks, then moving them in a certain direction (up, down, left, right) will do one of four quick grapples. To do stronger grapples, you flick the analogue stick in a direction and hold down R1. That initiates a strong grapple, then you flick the analogue stick in a certain direction to do an actual move. Your confusion may stem from not realising that each kind of strong grapple move opens up four different moves, to give a total of sixteen. So what may seem like the same move isn't, because you started with a different grapple.

If you're not using the analogue stick controls (which a lot of people who played previous Smackdown games don't, because there's a control setting that's the same as the last game) then replace all references to 'analogue sticks' with 'circle and direction'.

3. Press and hold R3 while they're on the mat.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:31 am
Profile E-mail

Heeey, thanks. I knew about all the grapples being in there, because the first thing I did was create my caw. I think it's just taking some getting used to.

I switched to the d-pad for movement after three matches in a row started with me accidentally taunting my opponent and getting smacked around for it while King and JR gave me shit.

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:49 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

New question! If I have a created title belt, when will I see a CAW wearing it? My character won one and I put him in a title match for it, but he didn't come out with it. So what mode or situation do I need for it to show up?

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:10 am
Profile E-mail WWW
World Champ

Oh, I know this one! Only some of the people's entrances will show belts, so if your switching between people sometimes the belt will magically appear and disappear. I don't think the generic entrances will show belts, you need to use someone who's held a belt recently.

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:53 am
Profile E-mail

Ohhhhhh. I knew if I just kept playing long enough, I'd come across something completely ridiculous and annoying. Thanks for not disappointing me by disappointing me, Smackdown game.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Yeah, the PS2 version of this game was hell of rushed. It has some really dumb flaws, but, to be fair, they're less glaringly obvious than the flaws in many other wrestling games.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

One thing that I really liked in 2007 was the changes to the ladder match. I love that you can move around the already setup ladders. I also like how they added the little minigame to grabbing the briefcase. It really brought alot more enjoyment to the match for me.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:06 pm

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:09 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:46 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:56 am
Profile E-mail

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:22 am

Also, the swinging neckbreaker off the top of the ladder is swank. I did it from inside the ring to the outside. We both nearly died. Totally worth it.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:30 pm

can you do the MDK in that game? I always liked seeing Eddie pull that off.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:50 pm

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:02 pm
Profile E-mail
C-Evil-O

One man on either side of the ladder yeah. It would have to be fairly ugly to be safe but the height and oh poopy factor would outweigh any ugliness.

You knew I would do anything for you when I came back with your Burger King.

Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:55 am

Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:48 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Unintentionally Hilarious

Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]