[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Did Transformers rock it or what?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Did Transformers rock it or what? 
Mid Carder

Post Did Transformers rock it or what?
Spoilers and junk, Thommy - you especially should not read this.

He said one shall stand, one shall fall! How fucking unbeleiveable was that shit? Ugggghhhh... and the build to Megatron! How awesome was that when he unthawed!!

And how intense was that scene with the police car interogating Sam?

I expect everyone to agree with me and laude praise over me, Mr. Bay and the All-spark, creator of all cybernetic life.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:50 am
The Second Coming

'Patriotism is supporting your country all the time...and your government when it deserves it.' ~Mark Twain

Save the planet. Kill a hippie.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Paranoid Limey Stud

SAVE YOUR LIFE!

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:26 pm
The Second Coming

'Patriotism is supporting your country all the time...and your government when it deserves it.' ~Mark Twain

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:57 pm
Paranoid Limey Stud

SAVE YOUR LIFE!

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:24 pm
The Second Coming

I'm not getting you that Transformer until your birthday :x

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:38 pm
Paranoid Limey Stud

I wasn't referring to that. Christ, all you ever think about is stimulating my nerd psyche. :roll:

SAVE YOUR LIFE!

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:44 pm
The Second Coming

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:57 pm
Paranoid Limey Stud

SAVE YOUR LIFE!

Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:04 pm
Too much time on my hands

Once you stop bickering, we can get to the root of the problem.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:39 pm

Oh my fuck, I just got back from attempting to see the movie. People brought children that couldn't speak words but screamed and ran a lot. Then again other snot rags talked the whole time and spilled a $30 cup of coca cola on the floor behind us.

I liked that the movie kept a good pace.

Negative that in robot mode I couldn't pick some of them out until they transformed into vehicles again. :(

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:16 am
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Saw it, liked it, but I have a few comments.

- Did anyone else find it interesting that, in contrast to the original, the Transformers themselves weren't actually the protagonists? I can't decide if it's Hollywood meddling making them put marketable human stars at the centre of the narrative or Bay just assuming that everyone is already invested in Prime and Ironhide enough that they don't need to be established. I wanted to root for the robots (and care about Jazz being splatted) but, with about eight lines total between all the Autobots, it wasn't easy.

- "One shall stand...one shall fall..." would have been amazing if, when that particular piece of dialogue was being said, we didn't see a shot of Sam hiding in a ditch. I wanted Prime and Megatron facing off, sunlight framing them in the shattered metropolis, not some pussy kid.

- The CD-player becomes the little robot? Clever...

- I felt it tried a little hard to make Transformers make sense. We know they're toys...we know it makes no sense that they become cars...we know it's stupid...just make awesome stuff happen. Having "more than meets the eye" be some sort of profound statement was kind of silly.

Other than some of that, it was good stuff.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Mid Carder

I just thought the seriousness of lines like 'More than meets the eye' were deliciously cheesey, and I oppened my mouth, gladly allowing Mr. Bay to dribble the delicious yellow goo into my mouth.

Also, did you totally bust one when Prime said "Autobots, roll out!" after his epic speech on the cliff.

But yes, more screen time should have been devoted to Optimus Vs. Megatron.

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:27 am
World Champ

R.I.P Wild Pegasus and Black Tiger II

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." DOUGLAS ADAMS (1952-2001)

Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:12 am
Profile E-mail

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:19 pm
Paranoid Limey Stud

SAVE YOUR LIFE!

Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]