[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - RIP Chris, Nancy, Daniel Benoit
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 RIP Chris, Nancy, Daniel Benoit 
Linda McMahon

Apparently wwe.com has removed all the tributes to Benoit and taken down all his merchanidse from the online store, as well as actually edited out his name on DVD descriptions :o

So, apparently, you can destroy a legacy that already exists...

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Unintentionally Hilarious

Aaaand both 411 & Wrestling Observer sites are both not loading.

Weirdness.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:02 pm
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

I doubt the WWE feels that they can pay tribute to what he had become...even though they are likely part of turning him into just that. His hiostory and his matches are worthy of rememberance, he himself not so much.

I actually agree with th 'e for once.

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:03 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
Linda McMahon

Bleugh...I'm actually starting to become indifferent to this whole thing now. No one can make up their minds how they feel, no one knows if they should be celebrating a career, pretending he never existed, or cursing his name for all time.

I think it all balances out to "just get on with your life" now...

Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:04 pm
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

I will always admire and respect Benoit the performer. This incident will not change that. However, Benoit the man, if the news is correct, is no longer a man I look up to. I can not fathom murdering one's child, nor can I forgive it. Yet, it's hard for me to hate his performances or avoid them, all because of the actions of a single weekend. Sadly, his actions have killed not only himself and his family, but his legacy in the business as well. Benoit would have been in the Hall of Fame, something that will not happen now. Now Benoit will be remembered as a murderer, not the great performer and athlete that he was. The tragedy in this is multi facet.

And to add, for shame on CNN. Foxnews picked up on this story early on (back when it was viewed as three people murdered, not a murder/suicide) and had it on the front page of their website. CNN relied on Sports Illustrated to cover it, and even that took time. But now that it's a murder suicide, CNN makes it front page news. That just pisses me off. Kinda like that Apollo 13 thing. Media didn't give much of a shit, until it looked like they weren't coming back.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:23 pm
Paranoid Limey Stud

I'm just numb from all this, and RAW was hard to watch. WWE found themselves in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation, but they carried it off pretty well. I won't beat around the bush, it's horrific what Benoit did... and it's stripped away the respect I have for the man, and at the same time I'm not sure whether it's made his death more, or less tragic.

Bottom line though, an innocent woman and child have been murdered.

I've lost all respect for him as a person, living or dead - but it can't cancel out the good that he did as a performer, and what he achieved, not ever, and especially not in a single fell swoop.

As a man though, I've something somewhat less flattering to say.

RIP Nancy and Daniel.

SAVE YOUR LIFE!

Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:04 pm

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Paranoid Limey Stud

SAVE YOUR LIFE!

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:23 pm

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Paranoid Limey Stud

SAVE YOUR LIFE!

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:54 pm

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:13 pm
Profile E-mail
in a cardboard box

Updated on January 7th 2007.
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools"
- Ambrose Birce, The Devil's Dictionary

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:21 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ
IC Champ

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:26 pm
Linda McMahon

But didn't we know all this already? All this stuff is just details, so it shouldn't really affect anyone's opinion after what we knew already.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:46 pm
Profile E-mail
C-Evil-O

You knew I would do anything for you when I came back with your Burger King.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:20 am
C-Evil-O

You knew I would do anything for you when I came back with your Burger King.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:21 am
IC Champ

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:36 am
Profile E-mail

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next