[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Sopranos finale discussion (early)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Sopranos finale discussion (early) 
Too much time on my hands

Post Sopranos finale discussion (early)

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:56 pm
Profile E-mail
I am bad. I am to blame.

Whatever happens to Tony and co., I want to see Phil Leotardo finally get what's coming to him, the more gruesome the better. Throw in his little sidekick Butchie too, and I'll be a happy camper. Plus, that way, David Chase can always create a new spinoff series about the wacky misadventures of malapropism-spouting Little Carmine as boss of the disfunctional New York family.

As for what I think will happen in the last episode, it's hard to speculate. Given Paulie's dream earlier in the season, I don't think he'll make it out alive. And whatever happens to Tony, whether it's jail or death, his family will most likely be shattered. In fact, if Tony does die, I wouldn't be surprised to see another A.J. suicide attempt, this one successful.

WWWMDD?

Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:50 am

In general though, I think one of Phil's top guys, #1 or #2 (I never picked up their names), is a police informant. The cop knew about Tony's hit before they told their crew.

I also dislike how Phil once thought that taking out a boss was wrong and he went completely 180 on that.

However unlikely, it would be funny if Tony not only comes out on top of Phil, but the tables are turned and Tony takes that NY section. Very unlikely. David Chase obviously took the Shakespeare route, everyone dies at the end of the play. You can ask my friends I said this like a month and a half ago when they started killing minor characters for no reason.

BTW, who buys an $8000 train set?

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:18 pm
Profile E-mail

I've never seen Sopranos. Is it any good?

Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:35 pm

All in all, honestly, I thought it was an OK show. I've seen much better. Tony was a pretty interesting character, but it is hard to say that he grew or there was any defined point behind an episode. The American public as a whole enjoys Mafia related entertainment so this was one more. Some of the story arcs were fun to talk to others about in addition to surprises here and there as you saw our old Tony Soprano wannabe roommate do on those Sunday nights. Other times, stuff introduced one week was completely dropped, which was annoying at times.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]