[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - X-Men Last Stand and all it's glorious spoilers in here
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 X-Men Last Stand and all it's glorious spoilers in here 
Too much time on my hands

Post X-Men Last Stand and all it's glorious spoilers in here
Saw it this weekend.

Script blew chunks, but whatever. The special effects and some of the acting was so much better.

This was Ian McKellen's best Magneto yet. He really got to shine. I was really looking to mark out when the panned over to Jean at the lake and I was really hoping she'd be in the red costume bearing the phoenix. Oh well. Beast fighting was great.

Does anyone know who the asian pin cussion guy was? I couldn't place him. Nor that sonic boom chick.

I think the entire comic world would have reached maximum marktitude if Pyro was able to manipulate his fire to look like birds and shit chace Bobby around and then just at the end of a road he does a full body ice up and makes an ice slide to continue their fight.

And to Halle Berry. :finger3:
Storm sucks and fuck you for insisting on making her more prominent.

discuss

Mon May 29, 2006 10:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I just saw this yesterday... I'm not sure what I think. I liked the first two better, I know that. I think this one wasn't DRAMATIC!!~! enough.

Like, it was all about a huge fight, but I didn't really care all that much about it. I think part of that had to do with how Jean was killing people. It would've had a bigger impact if she was forcing people apart by ripping flesh from bone, rather than having them turn into snowflakes. That part was very ho-hum to me.

The main character deaths weren't personal enough, I guess. Xavier's was the same snowflake thing, and the close-ups on his face just weirded me out in the first place.

Cyclops's, we didn't even SEE. There wasn't even a body. Which maybe was the point if they're planning for further movies, but still.

Jean's death had the personal element, but it was still pretty anti-climactic. I'm not a big fan of turning Wolverine into Cyclops for that part. It would've been much more fun to see him go into a rage and REALLY kill her, then go off and play the distant loner instead of dealing with the mental impact. You know what I mean. Instead, he gets up all close in cuddly, tells her he loves her, aww, then gives her a little cut in the tummy, ouchies. And at the end comes out to stand over the school as we fade out. Cyclops through and through.

They really skimped on introducing the new Brotherhood villians too. Reading their rap sheets off before breaking them out? Uh, okay. I don't know the names of those Asian kids either because I'm pretty sure they were never addressed by name, so why should anyone be expected to care about them either?

Rogue got fucked in this movie, and not in the fun way. She was the only main character on the fence about the whole cure thing, and she went largely ignored the entire movie. Considering the cure was the catalyst for the ENTIRE MOVIE, maybe some conflicting thoughts on it by the main characters would have made it mean something.

I mean, I enjoyed it, but I didn't care about it. They could've done SO MUCH better, and that's what sticks out for me.

Did you stay for the post-credits bit? I didn't bother, but I looked it up online.

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Mon May 29, 2006 10:15 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Tue May 30, 2006 12:08 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]