[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - The Comic Question & Answer Thread
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Comic Question & Answer Thread 
Too much time on my hands

Post The Comic Question & Answer Thread
This is for anyone who wants to know about comics.

If anyone is interested in any ideas of what to pick up or try. If you have read a good book, trade, or character then feel free to make mention of it here. If you want some suggestions on titles, then feel free to ask.

Maybe you want to know more about a certain character or storyline, then ask. Maybe there is a character that you hate, but everyone seems to love. Then ask why and discuss it here.

No opinion or question is wrong, just keep it civil (we know how those comic debates can escalate :wink: ). Anyone with an answer, question or opinion is free to post here.

-Matt

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
C-Evil-O

Ok I havn't read since like 2000, I was a huge Spder-Man mark back then and I want to know if they ever gave his daughter back to him?

Who's dead?

Whos NOT dead anymore?

Is Norman Osborne a bigger A-hole than when I left?

You knew I would do anything for you when I came back with your Burger King.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:02 pm

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Ticket Taker on the Darkside Express

Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:26 am

Confundo Ergo Sum

Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:03 am
Ticket Taker on the Darkside Express

Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:12 am

Confundo Ergo Sum

Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:18 am
C-Evil-O

Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:59 am

Know who would have been an awesome Venom?

Ben Reilly. But I digress..there's actually a good symbiote out there now (Toxin, spawn of Carnage (who is dead, or MIA)).

And there's just this freaking ongoing war over Gwen Stacy..Bendis has decided she's perfect for Peter no matter what happens, ever. JMS decided he was gonna tarnish her name by giving her Goblin spawn (Oh, poor Norman, let me have pity sex with you...wtf is that?). Both ideas are retarded. She's been in the ground for over 20 years out here in the real world. Peter's getting it on with Mary Jane. People need to fucking move on and deal with it.

Confundo Ergo Sum

Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:15 pm
C-Evil-O

I mean yeesh Mary Jane FIGURED OUT who he was by paying F'ING attention and being smart. She CHoSe to accept his life and him and tried to make him have some sense of normalcy. Gwen was just blonde. So Carnage is dead but Symbiote dead is evenworse than X-Men dead, is this thing mORE violent than Carnage?

i allways wondered why they didn't make a mature rated title featring Crnage, except it's probably be pretty dangbloody.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:09 pm

Carnage is supposedly dead in that Sentry grabbed him and flew into space with him and ripped him in half. That doesn't mean that he is really dead though. This is the same company that keeps bringing Jean Grey and everyone else that died back.

The symbiote seems to sort of reflect to an extent the mind-set of the person that it joins with. Eddie Brock hated Spider-Man and had a perverse sense of right and wrong, so the Venom symbiote did too. Cletus Cassidy (sp?) was a psycho that killed for the heck of it, so the Carnage symbiote was the same way.

As for the idea of a Carnage title under a mature heading, I really don't think it would work. Venom was (I would say) unarguably more popular than Carnage and his title did not do well. Give Taskmaster his own mature title. Or even someone like Absorbing Man or Ultron. I'd like to see that.

-Matt

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
C-Evil-O

i just meant a one shot book. i don't think h could support a series. And the man has survived being encased in cosmic glaze by the Silver surfer so being ripped in half may not to much to dissway him.

No dead beats x-men dead though it is COmPlETElY negotiable.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:19 pm

Toxin wants to be violent (I assume that's who you're asking about) but is restrained by his host, an ex cop, who's trying to teach it right from wrong. It's kind of tempermental about things too, which leads to some hilarity, like turning into an accountant rather than the scary symbiote.

Confundo Ergo Sum

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:42 pm

Talk of the Symbiote makes me think a bit. I read the Comics section over at IP, the only part worth reading if you ask me, and I saw in a Marvel Questions column the question of the most powerful weapons in the Marvel Universe. Naturally, the Infinity Gauntlet and The Ultimate Nullifier are the top two, but what are some others that you can think of?

I've got:
Mjolnir
Storm Breaker (Beta Ray Bill is someone I should have put on some team. He's awesome!)
Terrax's axe
Iron Man's armor
Annihilus's Control Rod
The Alien Symbiote
Mandarin's Rings

What are some of your ideas? And what about DC? Aside from Green Lantern and other power rings, what about powerful weapons there?

-Matt

Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:38 pm
Profile WWW

I only go over there for a few things myself..comics being the main one (I write there when I'm not being lazy).

I think Iron Lad's armor is far more powerful than the original, so I'd say that's a pretty good bet. I can't really think of a ton of actual weaponry that people tend to use..most books I read people have powers rather than outside weapons.

Other than power rings in DC..I think at one point the watchtower had a fusion gun..do they still? Was there ever an orbital magnetic rail gun? I can't remember..most of my DC knowledge is fairly recent or from JLU. Does Amazo count? And if he does, I say Nimrod and Ultron for Marvel.

Confundo Ergo Sum

Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:59 pm
C-Evil-O

Seriously on major weapon Zero.

I remember him from Deadpool essentially he could destroy ANY weapon with a snap of it's fingers. If YOU were a walking weapon same thing. Id say that something that can rend any weapon null and voind is retty high on the power chart.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:10 pm

Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:45 pm
Profile WWW

Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
C-Evil-O

Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:31 pm

Confundo Ergo Sum

Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next