[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Harry Potter Discussion
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Harry Potter Discussion 
Too much time on my hands

Post Harry Potter Discussion
Well, this forum seems to be the closest thing. Maybe an Admin can even change this to a Comics and Books forum, I dunno. Either way, I'm making this for the new book that is coming out. Do any of you read the series? If so, are you planning on picking the book up right off or waiting awhile? Thoughts or predictions?

-Matt

Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:22 pm
Profile WWW

Alright, who read it? I called most of it up until the end. There were a couple of things I wasn't expecting-

**SPOILER ALERT!!**

-I knew Dumbledore would die, but I didn't think Snape would kill him. I'm wondering, especially considering Dumbledore's need for both Potter and the Death Eaters (notice how he stalled until Snape got there?) to see him die, whether or not he and Snape had actually arranged the whole thing. Perhaps Dumbledore made the ultimate sacrifice-- Not his deaqth, but his soul. I'm wondering if Dumbledore himself made a horcrux to fool Voldemort into thinking him dead. Maybe it's the sword of Gryffindor or maybe it's Fawx?

-I knew one of the Weasleys would get at least seriously injured. I thought one would die, but that family has come out relatively well so far so it's only a matter of time before one of them officially dies.

-Harry finally hooked up with Ginny, which has been dancing around since the start pretty much. Too bad he had to ditch her to go all Rambo-mode.

-Thought: Harry says that he won't be going back next year whether Hogwarts is open or not. I'm wondering- does anyone know if Rowling has definitely said there would be seven books or just a book for each year that Harry is at Hogwarts? If it's the latter, might tehre be two more books? One that has Harry's wacky revenge quest and the last one which deals with him and his last year?

-Harry will become the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. They have been foreshadowing that so much it isn't funny and they tied the knot for me when they had Riddle denied the exact same thing in his flashback. It will be just one more way in which Harry beats Voldemort.

-I am still confident that Peter Pettigrew will be killing a werewolf with his silver hand, but now I'm unsure of just who it might be. I thought it would be Lupin because he was the only one we've had so far, but now Bill is infected and there's that werewolf Death Eater Grey(something). I am still pretty sure that Pettigrew will kill one of them though.

**END SPOILERS!**

So, thoughts? I'm pretty excited for the next one. Sue me, I'm a huge geek. :o

-Matt

Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:54 am
Profile WWW

finally finished the book faster than I cared to. I had to fucking hurry up so assholes wouldn't spoil it for me at work and such. Sure, two weeks is a long time compared to others, but what's the rush, another isn't gonna be out for at least 2 years.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:04 am
Profile E-mail

So, what were your thoughts? Theories? Criticisms? Complaints?

-Matt

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:54 am
Profile WWW

I looked back at my PMs I sent you as predictions. I was a little off but sorta there. I'll just PM you with a couple things as to avoid further spoilers for people wandering into the thread.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Prophet of Mulism

back at the start of May, I read the first six books in the matter of a week.

I got hooked immediately... It's hard to imagine having to wait a another whole year for the final book.

Mars

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. - Thomas Jefferson

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:50 pm
Profile YIM
Rikishi's Thong

Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:20 am

Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:09 am
Profile E-mail
Prophet of Mulism

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. - Thomas Jefferson

Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:36 am
Profile YIM

Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:43 am
Profile E-mail
Prophet of Mulism

Just because Dumbledore knew that it wasn't Sirius wasn't the keeper doesn't mean he was sure Sirius wasn't at fault for the supposed death of Wormtail and the Muggles. If I'm remembering correctly many, many wizards cornered Sirius at the very spot of the attack of the muggles and captured him, meaning he wouldn't have had a chance to talk with Dumbledore. All this backs him into a situation where he can't prove anything... and the evidence against is overwhelming.

That's not to say that he didn't come to Sirius' defense anyways... it just may not have been mentioned. I do know he was part of the Wizengamot court and he was there when Barty Crouch Jr. was tried by his father, we saw that through the pensieve. So it's entirely possible that he did come to Sirius' defense and it's never brought to the forefront of the story... but I'm assuming that since her encouraged Hermoine and Harry to time travel and setup Sirius's escape that he must have thought him innocent.

Have you ever surfed around the web to some of the fan sites? I know of two that I really like. www.mugglenet.com is run by a guy that lives near me and the www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/ is pretty good too. Lots of articles covering stuff like this... and a bunch of stuff that seems over analyzed but still some interesting things there.

Mars

Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:06 am
Profile YIM
Prophet of Mulism

I'm interested to hear if you've figured out who R.A.B. is (in the note left at the underground lake)?

I had started to put it together and found that others had done it for me at those websites but it's still something that makes you go hmmm....

It may even have something to do with what you just asked about... though maybe that's stretching it a bit.

Mars

Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:17 am
Profile YIM

Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:19 am
Profile E-mail

Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:22 am
Profile E-mail
Prophet of Mulism

Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:14 pm
Profile YIM
Rikishi's Thong

Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:12 am

Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:11 am
Profile E-mail
Prophet of Mulism

Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:55 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]