[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Purge's Reads 7/20/05
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Purge's Reads 7/20/05 
Under Carder

Post Purge's Reads 7/20/05
Astonishing X-Men #11 - This was another great issue in a series of great issues. We have 13 more issues from this team left, and I still find myself thinking it's not anywhere near enough. I can't wait for the next issue.

Nightwing #110 - Bought this because it said "Tie-In to Villains United." I've gotta say, this was a really good read. Seemed way too short, but I really liked it, and can't wait to see where it leads.

Cable/Deadpool #17 At first I thought the dialogue between Sinister and Deadpool was a little too nicey nicey, but overall I liked the issue. I went back and bought #15 and #16 as well, but haven't read them yet.

Day of Vengeance #4 Haven't read it yet, as I still have to read #2 and #3, but I really like how the first issue laid things out.

Defenders Loved it. Never been a Defenders fan, but that has all changed now. Sometimes I think they tried a little TOO hard with the witty banter, but overall I enjoyed it.

House of M #4 FINALLY they go somewhere with this. I'm now interested in buying the next issue instead of just buying it because I said I would.

Secrets of the House of M Haven't read it yet, don't know what to expect really.

Spiderman: House of M #2 LOVED it. The tides now turn against Peter Parker, and I am not sure if they are hinting at what I think they are hinting at with Gobs, but if it is this might be a total mindphunk.

Incredible Hulk #84 Haven't read yet.

Ultimate Spiderman #79 and #80 Haven't read yet, but Moon Knight looks bad ass.

I don't know if the books were really good this week or if I'm just easy, but man, I love where all my stories are going. My only problem was, as excited as I was to finally get Astonishing #11, I was just as disappointed that Young Avengers #6 was late.

Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:18 am

Deadpool is a hard character to pinpoint..he's kind of all over the place, but that's because his mind is so fucked up from all the tests they've put him through.

Sinister was alternate Sinister, so that's why he was off. Cable/Deadpool is awesome, even the summarizing previous issues is hilarious.

If you're thinking what I am about who the Green Goblin is, it's definitely a nice twist, especially considering the relationship between **** and Goblin in the comics...I wonder if that's how things will go down here too.

Defenders fucking rule. You NEED to get their run on JLA Classified man.

Beware of what DC is labeling as "tie-ins" though. Might be a good issue of Nightwing, but they've been really iffy on what is and isn't a tie-in.

Confundo Ergo Sum

Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:41 am
Under Carder

Well, this one DID tie in, but it wasn't until the end that you see where the tie-in is. Nonetheless, just another book to add to the list, lol. I really dug it.

Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:07 am

The last one..well, if you pick it up you'll see how not a tie in it really was..

Sounds like you have the same problem I do, that is you like too many books. I've read 8 today so far, and I still ain't half done.

Confundo Ergo Sum

Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:28 am
Under Carder

Hmm, how far back does the current Nightwing arc/deal go? I am definitely interested in tyring to pick up where this current story started. Definitely interested in seeing what happens with the villains and junk.

Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:34 am
Ticket Taker on the Darkside Express

Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]